End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 03:26:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Peter the Roman conspiracy

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter the Roman conspiracy  (Read 49391 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 30, 2013, 11:36:52 am »

7 things you need to know about what Pope Francis said about gays

The press is buzzing right now with claims that Pope Francis has taken a sharply different line than his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, on the subject of homosexuality.

Some are suggesting that the new pope has announced that "gay is okay."

What did Pope Francis really say, and how unusual is it?

Here are 7 things to know and share . . .

1) Where did Pope Francis make these remarks?

He made them during an 80-minute interview with reporters aboard the plane returning from World Youth Day in Brazil.

2) What was he asked that led to the remarks?

We may not know exactly what the question was until a transcript is released, but apparently, he was asked about the reputed "gay lobby" at the Vatican.

More info on that here.

3) What exactly did he say?

According to the best current accounts, he said:

There's a lot of talk about the gay lobby, but I've never seen it on the Vatican ID card.

When I meet a gay person, I have to distinguish between their being gay and being part of a lobby. If they accept the Lord and have goodwill, who am I to judge them? They shouldn't be marginalized. The tendency [i.e., same-sex attraction] is not the problem ... they're our brothers.

UPDATE: Here is a fuller presentation of the exchange. Big hat tip to Salt and Light!

The Question to Pope Francis from Ilse, a journalist on the Papal flight

Ilse: I would like to ask permission to pose a rather delicate question.  Another image that went around the world is that of Monsignor Ricca and the news about his personal life.  I would like to know, your Holiness, what will be done about this question.  How should one deal with this question and how does your Holiness wish to deal with the whole question of the gay lobby?

The Pope’s Answer

Regarding the matter of Monsignor Ricca, I did what Canon Law required and did the required investigation.  And from the investigation, we did not find anything corresponding to the accusations against him.  We found none of that.  That is the answer.  But I would like to add one more thing to this: I see that so many times in the Church, apart from this case and also in this case, one  looks for the “sins of youth,” for example, is it not thus?, And then these things are published.  These things are not crimes.  The crimes are something else: child abuse is a crime.  But sins, if a person, or secular priest or a nun, has committed a sin and then that person experienced conversion, the Lord forgives and when the Lord forgives, the Lord forgets and this is very important for our lives.  When we go to confession and we truly say “I have sinned in this matter,” the Lord forgets and we do not have the right to not forget because we run the risk that the Lord will not forget our sins, eh?  This is a danger.  This is what is important: a theology of sin.  So many times I think of St. Peter: he committed one of the worst sins denying Christ.  And with this sin they made him Pope.  We must think about fact often.

But returning to your question more concretely: in this case [Ricca] I did the required investigation and we found nothing.  That is the first question.  Then you spoke of the gay lobby.  Agh… so much is written about the gay lobby.  I have yet to find on a Vatican identity card the word gay.  They say there are some gay people here.  I think that when we encounter a gay person, we must make the distinction between the fact of a person being gay and the fact of a lobby, because lobbies are not good.  They are bad.  If a person is gay and seeks the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge that person?  The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this point beautifully but says, wait a moment, how does it say, it says, these persons must never be marginalized and “they must be integrated into society.”

The problem is not that one has this tendency; no, we must be brothers, this is the first matter.  There is another problem, another one: the problem is to form a lobby of those who have this tendency, a lobby of the greedy people, a lobby of politicians, a lobby of Masons, so many lobbies.  This is the most serious problem for me. And thank you so much for doing this question. Thank you very much!

Original Italian at the link.

4) What does this mean?

The first part of the statement seems to downplay the who "gay lobby" issue. He's not denying that there is one there, but he's suggesting that the talk is somewhat overblown.

He then explains his approach to dealing with gay people: He distinguishes between their "being gay" and "being part of a lobby."

What he means by "being gay" is something he further unpacks.

In ordinary parlance, "being gay" can mean anything from having same-sex attraction to leading an active "gay lifestyle" to endorsing and advocating a pro-homosexual ideology.

The last of these would be functioning as a member of a lobby, and he indicates that this is not what he is talking about.

He then describes those he is talking about as people who "accept the Lord and have goodwill."

He then seems to further clarify who he is talking about by saying that "The tendency [i.e., same-sex attraction] is not the problem ... they're our brothers."

Taking his statements together, what emerges is a portrait of individuals who have same-sex attraction but who nevertheless accept the Lord and have goodwill, as opposed to working to advance a pro-homosexual ideology.

This would definitely include people with same-sex attraction who strive to live chastely (even if they sometimes fail).

It also, possibly, could include individuals who are not living chastely but who are not actively lobbying a homosexual agenda. It would be nice if he'd said a little more to clarify the point further.

5) What does he say about people in this category?

He says that he does not think he is in a position to judge them and that they should not be marginalized.

He also says that the mere tendency (same-sex attraction) "is not the problem," and that "they're our brothers."

6) How new is this?

Not very.

Disclaiming a right to "judge" others is something that goes back to Jesus. It does not mean a failure to recognize the moral character of others' actions, however.

One can form a moral appraisal that what someone else is doing is wrong (Jesus obviously does not forbid that) without having or showing malice toward them.

The statement that they should not be marginalized is similarly in keeping with the Holy See's approach to the subject, as 1986 Vatican document On the Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons.

The statement that same-sex attraction "is not the problem," when understood correctly, is also nothing new. "The problem," as Pope Francis seems to here be understanding it, is going beyond merely having a sinful tendency--a temptation to which one is subject.

Obviously, temptations are problem, but if we resist temptation we do not sin. "The problem," on this understanding, is giving into the temptation and sinning or--worse--building an ideology around the sin and trying to advocate the sin.

Finally, the statement that "they're our brothers" is also no novelty. Christians, like everyone, have struggled with every sort of temptation all through history.

Same-sex attraction is just one temptation among numerous others, and the fact that a person suffers from this temptation no more deprives him of the status of being a brother in Christ than any other temptation does.

7) How different is any of this compared to Pope Benedict?

The press has been (as usual) trying to make unfavorable comparisons to Pope Benedit, noting that during his time the Holy See issued a document saying that those with deep-seated homosexual tendencies should not be ordained to the priesthood.

Pope Francis did not mention that document or its policy and so has done nothing different than Benedict there.

Neither are any of Francis's remarks contrary to the approach Benedict took during his pontificate.

In fact, Benedict himself (as Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger) was the signer of the previosly-mentioned letter on the Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons, as well as the follow-up document on non-discrimination regarding homosexual persons.

So, as usual, the press is painting a false picture by contrasting the "good" Francis and the "bad" Benedict.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/7-things-you-need-to-know-about-what-pope-francis-said-about-gays?utm
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2013, 11:54:49 am »

Pope Frankie's words were said in a VERY crafty manner - even the bible warns numerous times over these kinds of people that use their words in crafty manners.

Eph_4:14  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

2Cor 4:2  But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #242 on: July 30, 2013, 01:50:09 pm »

"not walking in craftiness", yeah that's one that churchianity needs to learn and apply. They think they are cute with their little stunts to draw attention to the buildings, but in reality, it's a lack of faith, and they do it being crafty because they ultimately want the people drawn in for money, yet the pitch is they want to save souls.

There is a subtle but big difference between wanting people to be saved, and wanting to save people!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2013, 01:19:48 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/video/pope-reaches-muslims-151933388.html
Pope reaches out to Muslims
8/11/13

Pope Francis offers greetings to Muslims around the world to mark Eid al-Fitr, calling for Christians and Muslims to work towards "mutual respect".
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2013, 03:48:34 am »

I have ZERO respect for evil. Period.

They can either repent and accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour, or burn in hell.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 15, 2013, 03:52:44 pm »

Video: http://news.yahoo.com/video/pope-prays-peace-dialog-reconciliation-151112235.html
Pope prays for 'peace, dialog, reconciliation' in Egypt
8/15/13

Pope Francis called reports that more that more than 500 people were killed in Egypt 'painful' and urged Catholics to pray for an end to the violence. Deborah Gembara reports.
Report Spam   Logged
McChristian
« Reply #246 on: August 20, 2013, 07:30:29 pm »

I don't buy into this idea. Roman Catholicism never was or will ever be Biblical Christianity. Roman Catholic Popes are all, and will ever be, Antichrists. The secular world was chomping on this conspiracy. While Satan can deceive them, I think he thinks he's better off starting from scratch with someone else other then Pope Francis.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2013, 10:00:46 am »

Former Pope Benedict Resigned Because 'God Told Me To'

In his first statement to the press since stepping down from the papacy in February, 86-year-old former pope Benedict has said he left his office because God directed him to.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/former-pope-benedict-resigned-because-god-told-me-to-102716/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 22, 2013, 10:43:05 am »

Former Pope Benedict Resigned Because 'God Told Me To'

In his first statement to the press since stepping down from the papacy in February, 86-year-old former pope Benedict has said he left his office because God directed him to.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/former-pope-benedict-resigned-because-god-told-me-to-102716/

What is it with all these people saying, "But God told me...", but then they say NOTHING what SCRIPTURE says. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2013, 06:09:53 pm »

http://www.petra.gov.jo/Public_News/Nws_NewsDetails.aspx?Site_Id=1&lang=2&NewsID=122028&CatID=13&Type=Home&GType=1

King to visit Vatican Wednesday 

Amman, August 27 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II and Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, will Wednesday visit the Vatican and meet with Pope Francis for talks on bilateral relations and ways of cementing them.

The meeting will also deal with ways to promote Muslim-Christian cooperation, dialogue and coexistence in addition to the latest developments in the region.

//Petra// AA
27/8/2013 - 09:23:01 PM 
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2013, 11:13:32 am »

http://www.newsmaxworld.com/newswidget/pope-****-victim-call/2013/08/28/id/522584?promo_code=137AF-1&utm_source=137AFTimes_of_Israel&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1
Argentina **** Victim Stunned by Phone Call From Pope
Wednesday, 28 Aug 2013 04:58 AM

Alejandra Pereyra, 44, said she felt she had been “touched by the hand of God” after receiving the phone call from Pope Francis.

Pereyra wrote to the Pope, who was archbishop of Buenos Aires before being elected pontiff in March, about 10 days ago. She said that after she had been raped by a policeman, Argentinean authorities tried to suppress her complaint and that the perpetrator had received a promotion.

She was amazed to hear from the 76-year-old Pope personally when he called her on Sunday using a landline from the Vatican.

“My mobile phone rang and when I asked who it was, he responded, ’The Pope’,” Pereyra told an Argentinean television network. “I just froze.”

They talked for approximately 30 minutes, during which time they discussed issues of “faith and trust,” according to the London Daily Telegraph.

“The Pope listened to what I said with much attention,” she said. He told me that I was not alone and that I must have faith in the justice system.”

The Pope told me that he receives thousands of letters a day but that the one that I wrote had touched his heart,” Pereyra added.

She said she would “do everything possible” to travel to Rome to meet the Pope in person.

“He said he would receive me,” said Pereyra, who comes from Rio Segundo, located about 450 miles northwest of Buenos Aires.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 31, 2013, 12:22:49 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-replaces-divisive-vatican-figure-top-diplomat-112655615.html
Pope replaces divisive Vatican figure with top diplomat
8/31/13

Pope Francis on Saturday appointed a senior Vatican diplomat as his new secretary of state, ousting divisive cardinal Tarcisio Bertone as he looks to overhaul the Church's scandal-ridden administration.

His replacement for the "number two" position at the Vatican, Italian cleric Pietro Parolin, is currently the Roman Catholic Church's envoy to Venezuela and has worked on improving ties with communist China.

"The Holy Father has accepted... the resignation of His Eminence Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone," the Vatican said in a widely-expected announcement, adding that the changeover would formally take place on October 15.

At 58, Parolin is seen as relatively youthful for top Vatican office and observers say he could help a process of renewal within the church, as well as making it more influential on the world stage.

Parolin is the youngest cleric to occupy the Vatican "prime minister" post since Eugenio Pacelli, another diplomat who was appointed secretary of state in 1930 at the age of 53 and went on to become Pius XII.

The Argentine pope has shown a strong reformist drive in his first few months in office and has set up a series of committees aimed at reforming the Vatican hierarchy, its economic affairs and its bank.

"I feel the full weight of the responsibility placed upon me: this call entrusts to me a difficult and challenging mission," Parolin said in a statement.

He was previously a Vatican envoy to Mexico and Nigeria and has worked on sensitive issues for the Church, including diplomatic relations with Israel.

The secretary of state is considered the top political and diplomatic position in the Vatican and in some instances the incumbent can stand in for the pope.

Three secretaries of states have gone on to be popes.

Bertone has held the post since 2006 when he was named by the pope's predecessor, Benedict XVI, and has proved a highly controversial figure in the hierarchy.

Leaks by Benedict XVI's butler last year revealed infighting between pro- and anti-Bertone factions.

"Bertone, in the eyes of his critics, acted more as czar than diplomat-in-chief," John Thavis, a Vatican affairs expert, wrote on his blog.

He was at Benedict's side in a traumatic period for the church, shaken by revelations of widespread child abuse by priests and scandals involving its finances.

Francis has circumvented the Secretariat of State, effectively the central administration and foreign ministry of the church, on key recent decisions.

While some observers have seen signs of tensions, it is also common for new popes to replace some of the officials appointed by their predecessors and the 78-year-old Bertone was already over the usual age of retirement of 75 for senior church figures.

Archbishop Parolin was ordained in 1980 and his first foreign posting for the Vatican was in Nigeria in 1986, followed by Mexico in 1989 where he fought to gain legal recognition for the Catholic Church.

In 1992, he was called back to Rome to work for the Secretariat of State and was appointed to a position equivalent to a deputy foreign minister in 2002.

In 2009, he was appointed papal nuncio to Caracas.

Parolin "has been on the frontlines of shaping the Vatican's response to virtually every geopolitical challenge of the past two decades," said John Allen, who writes for the US National Catholic Reporter.

"By naming a consummate insider, Francis appears to want to 'reboot' the Vatican's operating system".

The Vatican also said it was confirming some top Secretariat of State officials named by Benedict, as well as the previous pope's close aide Georg Gaenswein who will remain as head of the pontifical household.

Gaenswein is still secretary to Benedict, who lives in retirement in a former monastery inside the Vatican walls, and will therefore continue an unprecedented dual role serving both the pope emeritus and the pope.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 12:28:52 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 31, 2013, 12:26:33 pm »

His replacement for the "number two" position at the Vatican, Italian cleric Pietro Parolin, is currently the Roman Catholic Church's envoy to Venezuela and has worked on improving ties with communist China.

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? This man's first name is Pietro? As in Pietro Romanos aka Peter the Roman?

No, I'm not being 100% about this, but a youtube video presentation just occured to me that was posted here 2 years ago that exposed this very person.(the guy that made the video I think worked with Mike Slattery, who is one of Scott's close FL friends)

Although I had a few doctrinal issues with the guy who made the video, I thought he did his research on this.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 12:28:25 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 31, 2013, 02:34:05 pm »

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? This man's first name is Pietro? As in Pietro Romanos aka Peter the Roman?

No, I'm not being 100% about this, but a youtube video presentation just occured to me that was posted here 2 years ago that exposed this very person.(the guy that made the video I think worked with Mike Slattery, who is one of Scott's close FL friends)

Although I had a few doctrinal issues with the guy who made the video, I thought he did his research on this.

Here we go - this was the video that was posted here a couple of years ago discussing this guy. Yes, while I liked it(personally), I don't endorse it. And am only posting Part 1(of 16) here to show the youtube guy that made a presentation out of it. Again, the doctrinal issue I have with it is that he called the Pope the Antichrist and America the False Prophet(although he only eluded to it briefly without discussing it) - no, don't think he's a 7th Day Adventist(7DAs generally have this escatology belief).

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 02, 2013, 01:41:57 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-announces-day-fasting-peace-syria-124014556.html
Pope announces day of fasting for peace for Syria
9/1/13

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis on Sunday condemned the use of chemical weapons, but he called for a negotiated settlement of the civil war in Syria, and announced he would lead a worldwide day of fasting and prayer for peace there on Sept. 7.

Francis abandoned the traditional religious theme of the weekly papal appearance to crowds in St. Peter's Square and instead spoke entirely, and with anguish, about Syria.

"My heart is deeply wounded by what is happening in Syria and anguished by the dramatic developments" on the horizon, Francis said, in an apparent reference to the U.S. and France considering a military strike to punish the Syrian regime for a chemical weapons attack.

Francis reiterated previous appeals for all sides in the civil war to put down their arms and "listen to the voice of their conscience and with courage take up the way of negotiations."

With tens of thousands of people in the square applauding his words, Francis delivered his strongest remarks yet to express his horror at the use of chemical weapons.

"With utmost firmness, I condemn the use of chemical weapons. I tell you that those terrible images from recent days are burned into my mind and heart," the pope said, in an apparent reference to photos and TV images of victims of chemical weapons in Syria.

"There is the judgment of God, and also the judgment of history, upon our actions," he said, "from which there is no escaping."

Usually soft-spoken, Francis raised his voice as he declared, "War brings on war! Violence brings on violence."

His admonishment against resorting to arms as a solution recalled the repeated emotional implorations a decade ago by the late Pope John Paul II in a vain attempt to persuade the U.S. administration then led by President George W. Bush not to invade Iraq.

The deteriorating drama of Syria inspired Francis to set aside Sept. 7 as a day of fasting and prayer for Syria.

Francis invited Catholics, other Christians, those of other faiths and non-believers who are "men of good will" to join him that evening in St. Peter's Square to invoke the "gift" of peace for Syria, the rest of the Middle East and worldwide where there is conflict.

"The world needs to see gestures of peace and hear words of hope and of peace," Francis said.

He said the prayer vigil in the square will last from 7 p.m. until midnight.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2013, 08:55:44 am »

Did the Pope’s Blessing Miraculously Cure This Teen’s Life-Threatening Cancer?

Peter Srsich’s diagnosis was a lot to handle for an active and athletic high school student. It was July 2011 when the 17-year-old was told that he had stage-four cancer after doctors found a mass on his lung. What followed was intensive treatment, depression and monumental personal challenges.

While it wasn’t easy, in the midst of his trials, Srsich was afforded a faith-sustaining opportunity he’ll never forget. In an effort to make his biggest dreams come true, the Make-A-Wish Foundation sent the Colorado teenager and his family to the Vatican to meet and be blessed by then-Pope Benedict XVI. Flash-forward two years and Srsich is in remission and studying to become a Catholic priest.

The story is a fascinating one, showcasing the power of both modern medical advances and personal religious adherence. Srsich, who is currently studying at Regis University in Denver, Colo., credits his doctors with saving his life, but it is his faith in God and his encounter with the pope that he believes afforded him the will to beat the cancerous mass, the Daily Mail reports.

After his cancer was discovered in July 2011, Srsich underwent six months of treatments, including seven rounds of chemotherapy and more than 20 days of radiation. Three months into the harrowing ordeal, the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s Italian branch reached out and agreed to pay for the $14,000 trip — a voyage the family made in May 2012.

In an interview with ABC News, the now 19-year-old recounted his interaction with Pope Benedict. After watching the pontiff speak, Srsich said that he had the opportunity to meet him. At first, he was unsettled, as he saw people giving Benedict large gifts — something the teenager wasn’t prepared to do, as he merely had a “Pray for Peter” wristband that was made to support him in his cancer battle.

I am standing like the little drummer boy with nothing to offer,” he said. “There were golden crowns and a 4-foot tall magnificent painting of Mary and I am sitting there with a 70-cent rubber wristband.”

Srsich, though, proceeded to tell Benedict about his cancer and asked to be blessed.

“He looked at me and said, ‘Oh, you speak English?’ and put his hand on my chest right where the tumor had been, even though I had not mentioned it to him,” Srsich added. “The blessing is usually on the head.”

Eventually, the boy’s cancer was cured and he’s now in remission. While he doesn’t believe the pope miraculously banished the disease from his body, Srsich said that the pontiff played a key role in helping him overcome the disease. While chemo and modern medical marvels were key, Make-A-Wish and the trip to see the pope helped give him the will to power through and beat the disease.

While he doesn’t see it as a miracle, per se, Srsich believes that God — and faith — played a big role in his recovery.

“I credit all the years of medical research and the training of all the doctors going to school — all that definitely cured me,” he told ABC. “But God was behind it, helping me go through the treatment. Medical science is phenomenal. It would have been a death sentence 30 years ago, but in less than a year, I am back on my feet.”

It will take about eight years for Srsich to become a priest.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/05/a-miracle-teen-beats-stage-4-cancer-after-getting-blessed-by-the-pope-during-make-a-wish-trip/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:57:53 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2013, 09:13:54 am »

His house is built on sand...just wait until the floods come and the wind blows...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2013, 05:01:25 am »

Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.

“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”

Robert Mickens, the Vatican correspondent for the Catholic journal The Tablet, said the pontiff’s comments were further evidence of his attempts to shake off the Catholic Church’s fusty image, reinforced by his extremely conservative predecessor Benedict XVI. “Francis is a still a conservative,” said Mr Mickens. “But what this is all about is him seeking to have a more meaningful dialogue with the world.”

In a welcoming response to the letter, Mr Scalfari said the Pope’s comments were “further evidence of his ability and desire to overcome barriers in dialogue with all”.

In July, Francis signalled a more progressive attitude on sexuality, asking: “If someone is gay and is looking for the Lord, who am I to judge him?”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-dont-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2013, 05:02:55 am »

Pope Francis reaches out to atheists and agnostics
The Pope has struck a surprisingly conciliatory tone towards atheists and agnostics, saying that God will "forgive" them as long as they behave morally and live according to their consciences.

The unprecedented gesture came as his incoming number two, the Vatican's newly-nominated secretary of state, said that the rule that priests should be celibate was not "a dogma of the Church" and could be open for discussion.

Francis, who has won praise for spontaneous and unusual moves during his six month papacy, wrote a lengthy letter to a newspaper, La Repubblica, which the Italian daily printed over four pages, including page one, under the simple byline "Francesco".

"God forgives those who obey their conscience," he wrote in the unprecedented letter, the latest example of the markedly different tone and style from his predecessors that he has set since being elected in March.

The 76-year-old pontiff was responding to editorials written in July and August by Eugenio Scalfari, an agnostic and the paper's founder, in which he was asked whether "the Christian God forgives those who do not believe and do not seek faith".

Mr Scalfari said he had not expected the South American pope to respond "so extensively and so affectionately, with such fraternal spirit".

The Pope wrote: "The question for those who do not believe in God is to follow their own conscience. Sin, even for a non-believer, is when one goes against one's conscience.

"To listen and to follow your conscience means that you understand the difference between good and evil."

He said that the "mercy of God has no limits" and encompassed even non-believers, but his remarks failed to impress the Italian Union of Atheists and Agnostics.

"Why should a non-believer seek legitimisation from the Pope?" the association asked.

It dismissed what it called the pontiff's "nice words" and said: "What interests non-believers is certainly not 'forgiveness' from an entity whose existence we do not trust."

The Pope's reaching out to atheists echoes a homily he delivered in May, when he said that even atheists could be welcomed into heaven. That declaration caused consternation among Vatican officials, with a spokesman later appearing to backtrack on the Pope's remarks, saying that people who do not believe in God "cannot be saved".

In a further sign that the Church is edging towards more openness, Archbishop Pietro Parolin, a Vatican diplomat who will next month become the Pope's deputy as secretary of state, said that the principle of celibacy among clergy was "ecclesiastical tradition" rather than "Church dogma" and therefore open to discussion.

The Pope has struck a more inclusive tone since taking over as leader of the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics in March, notably reaching out to homosexuals on his return from a week-long trip to Brazil in July.

"If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?" the Pope said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/10302850/Pope-Francis-reaches-out-to-atheists-and-agnostics.html
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2013, 12:17:55 pm »

"If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?" the Pope said.

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." John 7:24 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2013, 01:19:34 pm »

“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”

Doesn't the New Age Movement(and other Illuminati front groups) push this "Christ conscienceness" heresy? Oprah does, and remember that interview Billy Graham did with Robert Schuller in 1997 - he pretty much said the same thing Pope Frankie said here.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2013, 01:27:27 pm »

I know both political "parties" are merely the opposite sides of the same Hegelian Dialectic, but...

The Vatican/RCC have infiltrated the GOP since the days of Reagan, pretty much - there's this one GOP establishment forum I go to to get news articles from(alot like PPF, they post some good up-to-the-date news), but nonetheless you can tell they're Catholic infiltrated when they are lumping the Popes with "conservatisim", and even going as far as pointing fingers at the so-called "liberal media" when it sounds like they're reporting a negative story about them.

For example, when Pope Francis made his "gay priests are not living in sin if they're doing the will of God" comment, almost immediately that forum(and I believe other "liberal media" watchdog groups too) were saying "Liberal media twisting Pope Francis' comments!". And even despite all the things Pope Frankie is doing(dialogueing with Muslims, athiests, etc), they're still blinded to the truth.

Pt being that this is the whole Hegelian Dialectic game the Vatican/Jesuits are playing - get everyone into the war of words dogfight where it goes to no end, and ultimately wear everyone out to the point where they can get them compromised. Next thing we know, Pope Frankie may say something like, "gay priests can have boyfriends, but just as long as they don't fornicate with them", and their followers will still be blinded to the truth. Also - this GOP establishment forum isn't just some lounge forum - a CNP member(Jim Robinson) runs it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 14, 2013, 05:29:56 am »

The Pope Separates Jews from Israelis

One of the grave dangers in the Vatican's dialogue with Judaism is the Church's attempt to drive a wedge between the “good” and docile Jews of the Diaspora and the “bad” and arrogant Jews of Israel.

Pope Francis has praised Jews for keeping their faith despite the Holocaust and other “terrible trials” throughout history, and reaffirmed Judaism as the “holy root” of Christianity.

In a letter, published on the front page of La Repubblica Italian newspaper, the Pope writes that "since Vatican Council II, we have rediscovered that the Jewish people are still for us the holy root from which Jesus germinated".

As archbishop of Buenos Aires, Bergoglio had celebrated Rosh Hashana in local synagogues, he had voiced solidarity with Jewish victims of Iranian terrorism and co-written a book with a rabbi, Avraham Skorka. He attended a commemoration of Kristallnacht, the wave of Nazi attacks against Jews in November 1938.

But as this new letter shows, one of the grave dangers in the Vatican's dialogue with Judaism is the Church's attempt to drive a wedge between the “good” and docile Jews of the Diaspora and the “bad” and arrogant Jews of Israel.

Pope Francis has never addressed the Israelis in his messages, nor has he openly defended the Jewish State since he was elected by the college of the cardinals. It seems that there is no room for stubborn, faithful Zionists in the Pope's lenient smile. In his speeches, Jewish national aspirations are ignored, if not denigrated.

The definitive proof is in Washington.

While the Pope was distributing that letter, in a new event co-sponsored by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, the Catholic University of America was hosting a special conference about “religious freedom and human rights issues in the Holy Land”. The speakers included Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, archbishop emeritus of Washington, D.C., Jessica Montell, executive director of B’Tselem anti-Israel group, and Mustafa Barghouti, the prominent member of the Palestinian Legislative Council.

Cardinal McCarrick said that “the expansion of Israeli settlements into occupied territories provokes violence”, in a self-evident justification of Arab terrorism. Montell, who accepted money from BDS, added that “settlement expansion is a primary source of human rights violations for Palestinians” and that “human rights violations are inherent to a prolonged military occupation”.

"When you live under occupation, you come to accept things you shouldn't accept,” Lubna Alzaroo, a Muslim graduate of Bethlehem University and Fullbright scholar studying at the University of Washington, said at the D.C. event of the Catholic Church.

Among the organizations invited by the Catholic bishops there was also the Society of St. Yves, which charges "Israeli colonization, occupation and apartheid" and works for "the Palestinian refugees’ rights to return to their homes and places of origin". The Society of St. Yves shares also the "Nakba” ideology, the “catastrophe”, as the Arabs call the date of the creation of the State of Israel in 1948.

While the Pope was penning his letter about Jesus, the US' highest Catholic political body was giving a platform to the boycotters of Israel, it was calling for the indefensible-for-Israel partition of the holy land and it was exculpating the Palestinian Arab for their jihad.

The Vatican, as always happened in the past, will be silent during the next "terrible trials" for the Jewish people, if they occur, should it be Iranian nuclear or Arab terrorism.

When Pope Francis was elected, a media outlet asked me to comment. My reply was: "I hope the next Pope will avoid the ecumenical mistakes of his predecessors, he will address the challenge of political Islam and understand the Jewish revolution of returning to the land after Auschwitz. Otherwise, any Jewish-Catholic dialogue will be empty, or worse, it will be a show for hypocrites".

Was I right to be skeptical?

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/13829
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 14, 2013, 11:12:02 pm »

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/13/chris-hayes-declares-francis-to-be-the-best-pope-ever/
9/13/13
MSNBC's Chris Hayes declares Francis to be ‘the best pope ever’

Chris Hayes of the MSNBC show “All In with Chris Hayes” said on Thursday that he thinks Pope Francis, who has only been in office for a few months, is the “best pope ever.”

Francis has been calling and talking to individuals personally by phone. He has declared that atheists are not all doomed to burn in Hell forever. He has said, “Who am I to judge?” with regards to LGBT people.

“You know who I freakin’ love?” Hayes asked. “This new pope. Pope Francis. You know who I’m talking about, right? The pope. Are you watching this guy? Because you should be. It’s early, but I’m thinking…best pope ever.”

Hayes was raised Catholic but stopped attending services in college. Pope Francis, he said, is restoring his hope for the institution of the church.

“Now, I don’t have a whole lot of hope that the Church itself is going to come around and change tenets or official positions that I deeply oppose — its rejection of things like gay marriage, women in the priesthood, a woman’s autonomy over her own body,” he wrote.

“But given the constraints of what being pope is, you can operate in one of two ways: you can be a jerk about it, or you can be awesome,” he said. And Francis, “is choosing to be awesome.”

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #264 on: September 15, 2013, 04:54:45 am »

“But given the constraints of what being pope is, you can operate in one of two ways: you can be a jerk about it, or you can be awesome,” he said. And Francis, “is choosing to be awesome.”

Sounds like things that will be said about the False Prophet (the second beast) when he shows up and kicks off his sideshow to dazzle the crowds with the spectacle of the Antichrist.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2013, 03:23:06 pm »

Don't be surprised if he comes out in the near future supporting gun control...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/19/20580271-pope-francis-says-church-cannot-focus-only-on-abortion-and-gay-marriage?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1
9/19/13
Pope Francis says church cannot focus only on abortion and gay marriage

Pope Francis said in an interview published Thursday that the Catholic Church cannot focus only on abortion, contraception and gay marriage, and that the moral structure of the church will “fall like a house of cards” if it does not find better balance.

The pope acknowledged in the interview that he has been criticized for not speaking more about those three issues, but he said that the church must “talk about them in a context.”

While the teaching of the church on those subjects was clear, he said, “It is not necessary to talk about these issues all the time.”

The pope’s remarks draw a contrast with both the doctrinal focus of his predecessors, John Paul II and Benedict XVI, and with church leaders in the United States and around the world who have urged him to speak more publicly about homosexuality, abortion and birth control.

“We have to find a new balance,” he said in the interview, published in Jesuit journals across the world. “Otherwise even the moral edifice of the church is likely to fall like a house of cards, losing the freshness and fragrance of the Gospel.”

He added: “The church’s pastoral ministry cannot be obsessed with the transmission of a disjointed multitude of doctrines to be imposed insistently.” Huh

The pope, since his installation in March, has focused on the poor and those on the margins of society. He has also drawn praise from some parishioners for gestures of humility and frugality. He has declined some of the trappings of the papacy, and personally returned the phone calls of some of the faithful who have written to him.

On homosexuality, the pope said that he used to receive letters in Argentina, where he was a cardinal before his elevation, who were “socially wounded” and felt that the church had condemned them.

“But the church does not want to do this,” he said. “Religion has the right to express its opinion in the service of the people, but God in creation has set us free: It is not possible to interfere spiritually in the life of a person.”

He went on: “A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: ‘Tell me: When God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?’ We must always consider the person.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acts 10:34  Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Act 10:35  But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Matthew 3:7  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Mat 3:8  Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
Mat 3:9  And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
Mat 3:10  And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 3:11  I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2013, 10:24:38 pm »

OK, here's part of the Hegelian Dialectic the Vatican/Jesuits have been playing for years with their controlled-opposition sides - one of the things they've used quite a bit with the conservative/Republican side is this "liberal media" buzzword. Pretty much, they will use it as a weapon to silence the conservative/Republican side and keep them in the dark about globalist agendas.

This is an Opinion Piece on the FOX News web site, but they're playing this "liberal media" card yet again over how Pope Francis' comments were somehow "distorted" by "liberal media" outlets, and their scapegoat is the NY Times(their perfect liberal scapegoat).

BTW - it was NOT ONLY the NY Times that reported Pope Frankie's comments - other media outlets like FOX NEWS have reported the SAME THING! Roll Eyes
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/19/pope-francis-says-its-not-necessary-for-church-to-speak-about-gay-marriage/?intcmp=latestnews

Let’s not just talk about sex -- what Pope Francis really said to the Jesuit Interviewer
9/19/13
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/19/pope-francis-says-its-not-necessary-for-church-to-speak-about-gay-marriage/?intcmp=latestnews

VATICAN CITY –  Pope Francis is warning that the Catholic Church's moral edifice might "fall like a house of cards" if it doesn't balance its divisive rules about abortion, gays and contraception with the greater need to make the church a merciful, more welcoming place for all.

Six months into his papacy, Francis set out his vision for the church and his priorities as pope in a remarkably candid and lengthy interview with La Civilta Cattolica, the Italian Jesuit magazine. It was published simultaneously Thursday in other Jesuit journals, including America magazine in the U.S.

In the 12,000-word article, Francis expands on his ground-breaking comments over the summer about gays and acknowledges some of his own faults. He sheds light on his favorite composers, artists, authors and films (Mozart, Caravaggio, Dostoevsky and Fellini's "La Strada") and says he prays even while at the dentist's office.

But his vision of what the church should be stands out, primarily because it contrasts so sharply with many of the priorities of his immediate predecessors John Paul II and Benedict XVI. They were both intellectuals for whom doctrine was paramount, an orientation that guided the selection of generations of bishops and cardinals around the globe.

Francis said the dogmatic and the moral teachings of the church were not all equivalent.

"The church's pastoral ministry cannot be obsessed with the transmission of a disjointed multitude of doctrines to be imposed insistently," Francis said. "We have to find a new balance; otherwise even the moral edifice of the church is likely to fall like a house of cards, losing the freshness and fragrance of the Gospel."

Rather, he said, the Catholic Church must be like a "field hospital after battle," healing the wounds of its faithful and going out to find those who have been hurt, excluded or have fallen away.

"It is useless to ask a seriously injured person if he has high cholesterol and about the level of his blood sugars!" Francis said. "You have to heal his wounds. Then we can talk about everything else."

"The church sometimes has locked itself up in small things, in small-minded rules," he lamented. "The most important thing is the first proclamation: Jesus Christ has saved you. And the ministers of the church must be ministers of mercy above all."

The admonition is likely to have sharp reverberations in the United States, where some bishops have already publicly voiced dismay that Francis hasn't hammered home church teaching on abortion, contraception and homosexuality — areas of the culture wars where U.S. bishops often put themselves on the front lines. U.S. bishops were also behind Benedict's crackdown on American nuns, who were accused of letting doctrine take a backseat to their social justice work caring for the poor — precisely the priority that Francis is endorsing.

Just last week, Bishop Thomas Tobin of Providence, Rhode Island, wrote in his diocesan newspaper that he was "a little bit disappointed" that Francis hadn't addressed abortion since being elected.

Francis acknowledged that he had been "reprimanded" for not speaking out on such issues. But he said he didn't need to.

"We cannot insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptive methods. This is not possible," he said. "The teaching of the church, for that matter, is clear and I am a son of the church, but it is not necessary to talk about these issues all the time."

Francis, the first Jesuit to become pope, was interviewed by Civilta Cattolica's editor, the Rev. Antonio Spadaro, over three days in August at the Vatican hotel where Francis chose to live rather than the papal apartments. The Vatican vets all content of the journal, and the pope approved the Italian version of the article.

Nothing Francis said in this or other interviews indicate any change in church teaching. But he has set a different tone and signaled new priorities compared to Benedict and John Paul — priorities that have already been visible in his simple style, his outreach to the most marginalized and his insistence that priests be pastors, not bureaucrats.

Two months ago, Francis caused a sensation during an inflight news conference when he was asked about gay priests. "Who am I to judge?" about the sexual orientation of priests, as long as they are searching for God and have good will, he responded.

Francis noted in the latest interview that he had merely repeated church teaching (though he again neglected to repeat church teaching that says while homosexuals should be treated with dignity and respect, homosexual acts are "intrinsically disordered.")

But he continued: "A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: 'Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?'

"We must always consider the person. In life, God accompanies persons, and we must accompany them, starting from their situation. It is necessary to accompany them with mercy. When that happens, the Holy Spirit inspires the priest to say the right thing."

The key, he said, is for the church to welcome, not exclude and show mercy, not condemnation.

"This church with which we should be thinking is the home of all, not a small chapel that can hold only a small group of selected people. We must not reduce the bosom of the universal church to a nest protecting our mediocrity," he said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that I endorse Obama and Nancy Pelosi, but just imagine if they said the same things Pope Frankie said - FOX News would be jumping all over them, and they would be calling out the liberal NY Times for not holding them accountable.

And also what I find odd is that the GOP establishment/media have waited until NOW to say, "But *this* is how we approach it...". It was a lot like the last Presidential election, when they did a 180 and said how political leaders' religious faiths shouldn't matter(despite the fact that they insisted Reagan and Bush Jr were bible believing Christians)!

With that being said, the FOX News writer of this Op-Ed piece didn't prove anything one way or another, other than he himself and Pope Frankie are doctrinally in error, big time.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:32:49 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 20, 2013, 11:42:13 am »

http://www.newswithviews.com/Duigon/lee218.htm
THE FIRST POPE OF ME-ISM

By Lee Duigon
 September 19, 2013
 NewsWithViews.com

Pope Francis, new to the job, has been saying some queer things—most recently, that unbelievers, even atheists, can go to heaven. All you have to do, says the Pope, is obey your conscience. Sin is going against your conscience.

Is he trying to invent a new religion? This is so far off the beaten track of Christianity, it really ought to be named something else—“me-ism” (rhymes with deism).

Okay, he’s trying reach out to the world, maybe get them thinking Christianity isn’t so bad after all. In this he’s only following the lead of various flatline Protestants. “Hey, I know! What if we say it doesn’t matter what you believe, you’re all still gonna go to heaven? What if we say abortion is okay, adultery is no big deal, and evolution is true? What if our ministers put on sherbet-colored suits and perform same-sex marriages right there in church—followed by ‘The **** Monologues’? And we’ll throw in some goddess-worship, too! And rewrite the Bible! When the world sees we’re just like they are, they’ll love us!”

Blind fools—the world will kick your teeth in. Meanwhile, Christians will stampede for the exits, leaving no one in the pews but clueless old dunderheads who can’t understand why no one else thinks they’re as cool and clever as they do.

If it doesn’t matter whether you believe in God, if all you need for salvation is to be easy with your conscience, why have a church at all? Why bother with the Bible?I’ll betcha Adolf Eichmann was easy with his conscience.

Maybe the Pope ought to get out more often. Maybe he should see what people’s consciences let them get away with. We have “Christians” in Iowa shouting “Thank God for abortion!” Can’t Francis see what kind of shape this world is in?

This poor world needs saving; and it’s the Church’s job to be a light in the darkness. It’s the Church’s job to show that there’s a better way, God’s way—not to be conformed to the world’s way. “I’m OK, you’re OK” is not the message of the scriptures.

The city on the hill is looking more and more like the slums around the bottom of the hill.

If works of the flesh could save us; if the uninstructed conscience were truly all we need—then why, in God’s name, did Jesus ever have to come to earth and suffer on the cross? He could have saved Himself an awful lot of trouble! But the preaching of the cross is, to them that perish, foolishness. (I Corinthians 1:18)

The Pope’s approach to this fallen world is not new. Once upon a time it moved St. Paul to cry out, “O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you?” (Galatians 3:1) And our churches are indeed bewitched.

It’s not just the Roman Catholics who tweak the Gospel message. What denomination has ever been satisfied with just the word of God? How often, over the centuries, have they tried to improve on it? But we can see now where the unbroken march of error leads us.

Me-ism is a sham that subverts the mission of the Church and insults God to His face. Has that ever turned out well? The conscience that has not been saved by faith in Jesus Christ is no conscience at all: not one of the Ten Commandments is safe from it. “I answer only to my conscience” is as sure a prescription for wickedness as the world has ever known.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 20, 2013, 11:49:51 am »

Okay, he’s trying reach out to the world, maybe get them thinking Christianity isn’t so bad after all. In this he’s only following the lead of various flatline Protestants. “Hey, I know! What if we say it doesn’t matter what you believe, you’re all still gonna go to heaven? What if we say abortion is okay, adultery is no big deal, and evolution is true? What if our ministers put on sherbet-colored suits and perform same-sex marriages right there in church—followed by ‘The **** Monologues’? And we’ll throw in some goddess-worship, too! And rewrite the Bible! When the world sees we’re just like they are, they’ll love us!”

uhm, they already did that a long time ago, its called the Catholic church
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 20, 2013, 12:03:13 pm »

He points out that while Catholics make the distinction between “loving the sinner and hating the sin,” non-Catholics do not.

This is NOT scriptural. Scripture says the lost are children of wrath...

Eph 2:1  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

AND...

John 3:18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Also - this same "God loves the sinner, but hates the sin" heresy has been spread in Churchianity.

He noted the London Daily Telegraph’s Nick Squires reported that the pope said, “God forgives those who follow their conscience.” However, in the translation of the letter by the Catholic news service Zenit, those words do not appear. The pope writes:

First of all, you ask me if the God of Christians forgives one who doesn’t believe and doesn’t seek the faith. Premise that – and it’s the fundamental thing – the mercy of God has no limits if one turns to him with a sincere and contrite heart; the question for one who doesn’t believe in God lies in obeying one’s conscience. Sin, also for those who don’t have faith, exists when one goes against one’s conscience. To listen to and to obey it means, in fact, to decide in face of what is perceived as good or evil. And on this decision pivots the goodness or malice of our action.

Uhm, how were his comments "distorted" by the MSM? Roll Eyes

In July, after a surprise press conference on his return flight from Brazil, widespread reports focused on Francis’ statement that if “someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?”

USA Today declared in a headline: “Pope Francis says he won’t ‘judge’ gay priests”

But, as WND reported, many Catholic commentators insisted Francis remarks were misunderstood or misreported.

Huh How were his comments "misunderstood"? Sorry, but same meaning.

With that being said - it seems like a lot of these "conservative"/GOP establishment media outlets are pro-Catholic. Whatever "conservatism" they want to believe, it's on them - but nonetheless I can't imagine ANYONE lumping Pope Frankie with ANY kind of "conservatism".
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:06:35 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: