End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 01:48:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Peter the Roman conspiracy

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter the Roman conspiracy  (Read 49371 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: October 15, 2014, 08:16:06 pm »

‘The View's’ Rosie Perez Apologizes for Her Remarks on Catholic Church (Video)

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/views-rosie-perez-apologizes-her-remarks-catholic-church-172200537.html

Rosie Perez had the camera squarely on her during Wednesday morning's “The View” as she apologized for comments about the Catholic Church during a segment on the previous day's show.

While discussing the Church's stance on divorced parishioners, Perez said on Tuesday that divorced Catholics are not allowed to receive Holy Communion.

Do you mean the Lords Supper?  Roll Eyes Has nothing to do with being married.

“I received a lot of responses about my statements regarding the Catholic Church's stance on divorcees and holy communion,” Perez said Wednesday, “and some of them, I might say, were not very Christian-like. But I forgive you and I hope you forgive my faux pas too.”

Perez explained that the Church allows divorced Catholics to continue as full members and that they may receive communion if they don't remarry or if they have their previous marriage annulled. She didn't mention those details on Tuesday's broadcast.

The other co-hosts of “The View” all spoke positively about Pope Francis, including Rosie O'Donnell who said of the pontiff, “I dig this guy.”

Ya know, if Rosie ODonnell is for this guy, that means you really have to look at what is wrong with him.

“He's the first Pope to ever use the word ‘gay’ instead of ‘homosexual,'” O'Donnell said.
He should be using SODOMITE, That is what GOD calls them,

“That's my man, Franny,” Whoopi Goldberg said. “I like him because he seems to have read the Book.”

Wonder what book that is? Because its quite apparent that neither Frank nor Woopie  Cheesy has read that Bible. Goes for the other 3 sodomite loving new world order devils on this panel. 

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/views-rosie-perez-apologizes-her-remarks-catholic-church-172200537.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 19, 2014, 10:39:12 am »

Pope Francis on Gays: 'God Not Afraid of New Things'

Pope Francis on Sunday beatified Pope Paul VI, while urging a deadlocked synod to embrace gay marriage.

"God is not afraid of new things!" the Pope said in his Sunday homily. "That is why he is continually surprising us, opening our hearts and guiding us in unexpected ways."

Meanwhile, a meeting of bishops debated family issues that some compared to the dramatic reforms that took place after the Second Vatican Council, which Pope Paul VI implemented.

While the bishops approved a document that called for more spiritual guidance for Catholic families, they failed to agree on welcoming gays and divorced or civilly remarried couples. The issues will be brought up again next year.

Francis said, “now we still have one year to mature, with true spiritual discernment, the proposed ideas and to find concrete solutions to so many difficulties and innumerable challenges that families must confront; to give answers to the many discouragements that surround and suffocate families.”

The bishops seemed to be more open to gays, saying in a draft document they should be "welcomed with respect and sensitivity." The statement failed to win the necessary two-thirds majority vote to pass.

Francis quoted Paul himself as saying the church -- particularly the synod created by Paul -- must be aware of changing times and make sure the church adapts to the "growing needs of our time and the changing conditions of society."

Francis said would have been "worried and saddened" if there had not been "animated discussions" or if "everyone had been in agreement or silent in a false and acquiescent peace," the Associated Press reported. He also cautioned against "hostile inflexibility, that is, wanting to close oneself within the written word, and not allowing oneself to be surprised by God."

Paul served as Pope from 1963 to 1978, when the church adapted to changing mores brought on by the 1960s  sexual revolution. Under his reforms, Mass was no longer required to be delivered only in Latin, and the Catholic church began an outreach program to reach people of other faiths. He beatification brings him one step closer to sainthood.

Below is a transcript of Friday's address by the Pope to the synod of bishops, via the Catholic News Agency:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/pope-francis-gays-god-not-afraid-new-things

Frank!! Its not new buddy, its old. Been around a loooooong time. And the Lord has already ruled on it numerous times.

Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 29, 2014, 06:23:31 pm »

http://tfponline.com/news/2014/oct/29/elton-john-aids-event-pope-francis-my-hero/?breakingnews
10/29/14
Elton John at AIDS event: Pope Francis is my hero

NEW YORK — Elton John has called Pope Francis "my hero" for his compassion and push to accept gays in the Catholic church, at his annual AIDS benefit.

John hosted the event, "An Enduring Vision: A Benefit for the Elton John AIDS Foundation," Tuesday night in New York City. He says Francis is pushing boundaries in the church and told the crowd: "Make this man a saint now, OK?"

Catholic bishops scrapped their landmark welcome to gays earlier this month, showing deep divisions at the end of a two-week meeting sought by Francis to chart a more merciful approach to ministering to Catholic families. An earlier draft of the document offered a welcoming tone of acceptance, but that was stripped away.

John called Francis "courageous" and "fearless."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 07, 2014, 05:48:49 pm »

Pope Francis: 'Pagan' Christians 'in Name Only' are 'Enemies of the Cross'

He is clearly speaking about catholics  Cheesy

Not all those who claim to be Christians really are, said Pope Francis Friday morning. Some are Christians “in name only,” he said. “They bear the name of Christians but live a life of pagans.”

In his homily at Mass, the Pope that there have always been two types of Christian, those who truly followed Christ and those who only pretended to. At the time of Saint Paul, there were “worldly Christians, Christians in name only, with two or three Christian features, but nothing more.” The Pope called this sort of people “Pagan Christians,” whom St. Paul called “enemies of the cross of Christ.”

In Paul’s time, the Pope said, the two groups of Christians “were in church together, went to Mass on Sunday, praised the Lord, and were called Christians.” So what was the difference? He asked. The second were “enemies of the cross of Christ.”

The Pope went on to say that “even today there are many! We must be careful not to slip into the way of pagan Christians.” These are the ones, he said, who are “pagans painted over with two brush strokes of Christianity, so they look like Christians, but are really pagans.”

According to Francis, we all run the risk of becoming “Christians in appearance.” We are tempted, he said, to mediocrity, and when Christians become mediocre, “it is their ruin, because the heart cools and they become lukewarm.” Francis reminded his hearers that Jesus used strong language to describe this sort of Christians: “Because you are lukewarm, I will vomit you out of my mouth.” These, the Pope said, “are enemies of the cross of Christ. They take the name of Christian, but do not follow the requirements of the Christian life.”

The Pope suggested that there are questions we can ask ourselves to know what sort of Christians we are. He said that all of us—the Pope included—need to ask ourselves: “How much worldliness is in me? How much paganism?”

Even more specifically, the Pope asked: “Do I like to brag? Do I like money? Do I like my pride, my arrogance? Where are my roots, and where is my citizenship? In heaven or on earth?”

“If you love money and are attached to it, if you love vanity and pride, you are headed down a bad road,” he said. If, instead, he continued, “you try to love God and serve others, if you are gentle, if you are humble, if you are the servant of others, you are on the right path. Your citizenship is in heaven.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/11/07/Pope-Francis-Warns-Against-Becoming-Pagan-Christians
Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 07, 2014, 07:54:05 pm »

This guy baffles me. I mean really, he just baffles me. The things he says are just incredibly ridiculous. He says, "When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so..."

God can't do everything? What god does he worship? My God, the God of the Bible, created the universe and all that is in it in 6 days. And He was TAKING HIS TIME!

And people think they can call themselves Christians and follow this man?
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 08, 2014, 08:23:21 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/08/cardinal-burke-vatican-_n_6125750.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
11/8/14
Cardinal Burke Loses Another Vatican Job

VATICAN CITY (AP) — American Cardinal Raymond Burke, who championed campaigns to deny Communion to Catholic politicians who support legalized abortion, was removed by Pope Francis from another top Vatican post on Saturday.

The removal of Burke as head of the Holy See's supreme court was widely expected in church circles.

While he was archbishop of St. Louis, from 2003-2008, he led fellow American bishops in campaigns to stop giving Communion to Catholic politicians who support legalized abortion. He has also questioned some of the pontiff's pronouncements and approaches.

Last year Francis took Burke off the Vatican's powerful Congregation for Bishops, dealing with appointments of bishops worldwide.

On Saturday he transferred Burke from the Vatican court job to the largely ceremonial post of Patron of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, a charity whose activities include hospitals and residences for the elderly around the world.

Burke, at 66, would have still had a good decade to continue serving in high-profile Vatican posts.

His strident discourse and preference of fancy, old-fashioned vestments contrast starkly with the informal, chatty tone and simple, almost Spartan style Francis has established for his papacy.

Last month, Burke marshaled conservative criticism against the possibility the Vatican may loosen up rules that ban Communion for divorced, remarried Catholics.

Francis has said that church hierarchy should not focus so much on abortion and same-sex marriage but instead concentrate on making the church a more welcoming place. Meanwhile, Burke has said to a Catholic broadcaster that "we can never talk enough" against abortion and same-sex marriage.

He has also questioned Francis' denunciation of excesses of capitalism.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 09, 2014, 06:05:15 pm »

For the record - everyone in the RCC is vile and wretched - but nonetheless look at all of the strife and major divisions that are happening under this current Pope's regime.

Rev 17:16  And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the wh0re, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-bishops-struggling-under-francis-pontificate-061444771.html
US bishops struggling under Francis' pontificate
11/8/14

U.S. Roman Catholic bishops are gathering at a moment of turbulence for them and the American church, as Pope Francis moves toward crafting new policies for carrying out his mission of mercy — a prospect that has conservative Catholics and some bishops in an uproar.

The assembly, which starts Monday in Baltimore, comes less than a month after Francis ended a dramatic Vatican meeting on how the church can more compassionately minister to Catholic families.

The gathering in Rome was only a prelude to a larger meeting next year which will more concretely advise Francis on church practice. Still, the open debate at the event, and the back and forth among bishops over welcoming gays and divorced Catholics who remarry, prompted stunning criticism from some U.S. bishops.

"Many of the U.S. bishops have been disoriented by what this new pope is saying and I don't see them really as embracing the pope's agenda," said John Thavis, a former Rome bureau chief for the Catholic News Service. "To a large degree, the U.S. bishops have lost their bearings. I think up until now, they felt Rome had their back, and what they were saying — especially politically — would eventually be supported in Rome. They can't count on that now."

Cardinal Raymond Burke, the former St. Louis archbishop and leading voice for conservative Catholics, said the church "is like a ship without a rudder" under Francis. Burke made the comments before the pope demoted him from his position as head of the Vatican high court, a move he had anticipated.

Bishop Thomas Tobin of Providence, Rhode Island, said the debate and vote on a document summing up the discussion in Rome, which laid bare divisions among church leaders, struck him as "rather Protestant." Tobin referenced a remark Francis had made to young Catholics last year that they shake up the church and make a "mess" in their dioceses.

"Pope Francis is fond of 'creating a mess.' Mission accomplished," Tobin wrote.

Other American bishops said the meeting sowed confusion about church teaching, although several blamed the way information was released from the Vatican or reported by the media.

"I think confusion is of the devil. I think the public image that came across was confusion," said Archbishop Charles Chaput of Philadelphia. Next year, Chaput will host the pontiff on his first U.S. visit for the World Meeting of Families, a Vatican-organized event that draws thousands of people.

Francis is pressing U.S. bishops to make what for many prelates is a wrenching turnaround: The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and individual church leaders have dedicated increasing resources over the years to the hot-button social issues the pontiff says should no longer be the focus. The bishops say they've been forced to emphasize these issues because of the growing acceptance of gay relationships and what they see as animosity toward Christians in America.

Dozens of dioceses and Catholic nonprofits have sued the Obama administration over the birth control coverage requirement in the Affordable Care Act, the president's signature health care reform law. The administration has made several changes to accommodate the bishops' concerns, but church leaders say the White House hasn't gone far enough.

Through the bishops' religious liberty campaigns, church leaders have sought expansive exemptions for religious objectors to a range of laws and policies, including recognition for same-sex marriage and workplace protections for gays and lesbians.

Ahead of the November elections, the Catholic Conference of Illinois, representing all the state's bishops, said in a voters' guide that abortion and related issues had far greater moral weight than immigration and poverty — issues Francis has said are at the center of the Gospel and at the core of his pontificate.

But the challenge Francis poses extends beyond specific issues. His emphasis on open debate and broad input from lay people stands in stark contrast to how the U.S. prelates have led the church for years.

Bishops have been asserting themselves as the sole authorities in their dioceses and as the arbiters of what would be considered authentically Catholic. Following the lead of St. John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI, who appointed nearly all the current U.S. bishops, the prelates saw this approach as critical to defending orthodoxy.

At their national meetings, U.S. bishops have conducted an increasing amount of work behind closed doors in recent years. The sessions they opened to the public featured little debate. Thavis said the gatherings had come to feel like meetings of a "politburo."

By contrast, the pope opened the Vatican meeting on the family last month by telling the participating bishops to speak boldly. "Let no one say: 'This you cannot say,'" the pontiff said. In the months leading up to the gathering, Francis distributed a 39-point questionnaire to bishops' conferences around the world, seeking input from ordinary Catholics about their acceptance of church teaching on a host of issues related to Catholic family life. Francis then invited Catholic couples to talk about marriage at the meeting to give bishops a sense of the issues families face.

"This was real discussion, real debate, real engagement," said Phillip Thompson, executive director of the Aquinas Center of Theology at Emory University. "They brought these issues and put them on the table, which has never really been done in this way before."

According to the schedule the U.S. bishops released for their Baltimore assembly, the meeting will concentrate on issues they've been prioritizing since before Francis' election: religious liberty, upholding marriage between a man and a woman, and moral issues in health care. A conference spokesman said a briefing is expected from church leaders who participated in last month's Vatican gathering, or synod. And the schedule can be changed at the last minute.

Still, Michael Sean Winters, an analyst with the liberal National Catholic Reporter news outlet, called the schedule "sleep-inducing."

"You would not know from that agenda," Winters wrote, "that this is such an exciting moment in the life of the church."
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 09, 2014, 09:38:06 pm »

One can only pray and hope that some of those conservative Catholics actually get saved.
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 14, 2014, 03:00:28 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 18, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/the-pope-says-kids-need-both-mom-and-dad-102977672772.html
11/18/14
The Pope Says Kids Need Both Mom and Dad

Pope Francis caused some confusion and disappointment on Monday for those who been holding out hope regarding his stance on same-sex marriage and LGBT equality. That’s when, during a speech at the Complementarity of Man and Woman conference in Rome, the Pope made the following declaration to a room packed with religious leaders: “Children have a right to grow up in a family with a father and a mother.”

However, at the end of his speech, the pope announced plans to make his first visit to the United States in September, where he will attend Philadelphia’s World Meeting of the Families. That Catholic conference, held to strengthen family units worldwide, will ironically host many gay and lesbian families.

STORY: How One Dad Helped His Gay Teen Son Come Out

Although the pope has always maintained that “matrimony is between a man and woman,” and has stated his opposition to same-sex adoption (even being “shocked” by the notion, according to a local paper in Malta), LGBT activists have maintained hope regarding his opinions: He has indicated that he would support some civil unions in the event that one partner needed medical care, for example, and has warned against the church becoming “obsessed” with gay issues.

“On the one hand, Pope Francis is a hopeful pope — he doesn’t come from Vatican bureaucracy, he entered priesthood later than most men, he’s grounded in his ministry, and seems comfortable discussing gay issues,” Marianne Duddy-Burke, executive director of Dignity USA, an organization for LGBT Catholics, tells Yahoo Parenting. “It’s hard to put a traditional label on him. However, he is not as focused on social issues, such as abortion, gay rights, and contraception, and that’s not in line with how the world is evolving.”

STORY: Energy Drinks Can Be Deadly for Young Children

Regardless, the media erupted with speculation about whether Monday’s remarks indicated that the pope was supporting traditional families or simply emphasizing their primary place in society.

Pope Francis, who has been dubbed the “cool pope,” already has a history of causing a stir. Back in January during a service at the Sistine Chapel, he encouraged all mothers to breastfeed in public — even in church— saying of babies, “If they are hungry, mothers, let them eat, no worries, because here, they are the main focus.” He’s also acknowledged the importance of female religious leaders, saying that the church should “investigate further the role of women” and that “the feminine genius is needed wherever we make important decisions.”

And despite his seemingly rockstar image — the former nightclub bouncer has nearly 5 million Twitter followers and, in 2013, Time magazine named him “Person of the Year” — Pope Francis leads a simple life. He resides in the Vatican guesthouse instead of a fancy papal apartment, and he drives a 1984 Renault instead of using a chauffeur. Earlier this week, it was announced that three showers for homeless people would be installed in public restrooms in Vatican City. And the pope recently made headlines for inviting “Godmother of Punk” Patti Smith to perform at the official Vatican Christmas Concert in December — and she accepted.

Cardinal Francis George of Chicago, who is retiring due to his cancer diagnosis, acknowledged on Monday that the pope has a history of creating confusion about his opinions. “Does he not realize the repercussions? Perhaps he doesn’t,” Cardinal George told the Catholic website the Crux. “I don’t know whether he’s conscious of all the consequences of some of the things he’s said and done that raise doubts in people’s minds.

Duddy-Burke agrees. “No one really knows the Pope’s stance on gay marriage,” she says. “It’s disappointing and confusing, however unfortunately consistent with what we’ve been hearing from the Vatican for the past 30 years.”
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 18, 2014, 09:03:16 pm »

Notice how these "pro-family" groups and conferences ALMOST NEVER emphasize the PRIMARY role of the MAN in the family...

Ephesians 5:22  Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Eph 5:23  For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24  Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27  That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28  So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29  For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30  For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32  This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Eph 5:33  Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 25, 2014, 01:09:26 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-hot-eu-topics-strasbourg-visit-143640206.html
Pope to take on hot EU topics in Strasbourg visit
11/24/14

STRASBOURG, France (AP) — Pope Francis will deliver his first public speech about Europe on Tuesday, likely to focus on complex continental issues such as high jobless rates among the young, and immigration.

The pontiff's whirlwind, four-hour visit to the European Parliament and the Council of Europe, Europe's main human rights body, in Strasbourg is shaping up as more of a secular stop than a liturgical layover.

Aides say Francis will address topics including unemployment and immigration — two hot-button issues in Europe. His address is also likely to revive themes that he evoked during a private meeting with a group of European bishops last month.

Straying from his prepared remarks at that time, the pope said that Europe was "wounded," alluding to soaring jobless rates — especially among the young — in places like Spain and Italy, according to a transcript of the speech reported by noted Vatican commentator Sandro Magister on Monday.

"It has gone from the time of prosperity, of great well-being, to a worrying crisis in which young people too are discarded," Francis reportedly said.

Francis' trip has disgruntled some. Some local religious leaders regret that he won't visit Strasbourg's famed cathedral. Some left-leaning lawmakers argue he has no place visiting secular European institutions. The activist group Femen staged a brief demonstration at the cathedral on Monday, with one woman draping herself in the European flag at the altar.

French Catholic leaders were planning to broadcast the pope's remarks to the European bodies on a big screen in the cathedral on Tuesday.

Francis' trip is the first by a pope to Strasbourg since John Paul II visited in 1988. That was a very different Europe — before the Berlin Wall came down.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 27, 2014, 10:41:45 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-visits-turkey-amid-christian-muslim-tensions-113108187.html
Pope visits Turkey amid Christian-Muslim tensions
11/27/14

VATICAN CITY (AP) — When a pope last visited Turkey — Benedict XVI in 2006 — Muslim-Catholic tensions were so high that the Vatican added a stop at Istanbul's famed Blue Mosque at the last minute in hopes of showing Benedict's respect for Islam.

Pope Francis travels to Turkey this weekend amid new Muslim-Christian tensions and war next door, with Islamic State militants seizing chunks of Iraq and Syria and sending 1.6 million refugees across the border into Turkey.

Francis is expected to tread lightly during his three-day visit, sensitive to the delicate diplomatic tensions at play between Turkey and the international coalition fighting the Islamic State.

But Vatican officials say he will not shy from denouncing violence in God's name and voicing concern for Christians being targeted by the extremists. Remarkably, though, Francis will not meet with any groups of refugees as he has done on previous trips to the region, a clear sign of the Vatican's unwillingness to wade too deeply into the conflict.

Here are five things to look for during Francis' visit, which begins Friday.

TO PRAY OR NOT TO PRAY

When Pope Paul VI made the first-ever papal visit to Turkey in 1967, he fell to his knees in prayer inside Haghia Sophia, the 1,500-year-old site in Istanbul that was originally a Byzantine church and was turned into a mosque after the Muslim conquest of Istanbul — then known as Constantinople — in 1453. The Turks were not pleased. They staged protests, claiming Paul had violated the secular nature of the domed complex, which is now a museum.

Asked if Francis would pray when he visits the massive complex on Saturday, the Vatican was noncommittal. "We'll see what he does," spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi said. "If while there the pope personally experiences a moment of spiritual meditation, we'll have to see."

Some Islamic groups in Turkey want Haghia Sophia to be converted back into a mosque, and they have prayed outside the complex on the anniversary of the conquest of Istanbul to push their demand. The government says it has no plans to change Haghia Sophia's status.

AND THE BLUE MOSQUE?

Benedict became only the second pope to step foot in a Muslim house of worship when in November, 2006 he visited the 17th century Sultan Ahmet Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey's most important.

There, he took off his shoes, bowed his head and closed his eyes for nearly a minute in prayer alongside an Islamic cleric in a dramatic gesture of outreach to Muslims.

The mosque visit was added late to Benedict's schedule in a bid to soothe Muslim anger over his now-infamous speech in Regensburg, Germany linking violence to the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad.

Asked if Francis would pray in the mosque as Benedict did, Lombardi took pains to stress the difference between a formal, ritualistic prayer that a Catholic might recite in church and a respectful "spiritual meditation" in a place of worship of another faith.

Turkey's ambassador to the Holy See, Mehmet Pacaci, said the tensions that overshadowed Benedict's visit are "mostly a forgotten issue."

Yet there are some fresh issues with Francis. In September, the head of the government-run Religious Affairs Directorate and Turkey's top cleric called on Francis to take action to stem attacks on mosques in Europe, saying that as many as 70 Muslim places of worship were attacked in Germany this year, compared to 36 last year.

"This can't happen through acts such as washing a young girl's feet or arranging inter-religious football matches and tournaments," Mehmet Gormez said, referring to two of Francis' interfaith initiatives.

The two men meet on Friday in private.

ARMENIAN 'GENOCIDE?'

Francis also provoked Turkish anxiety when in June 2013 he told a visiting delegation of Armenian Chrisitans that the massacre of Armenians in Turkey last century was "the first genocide of the 20th century."

The former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio was particularly close to the Armenian community of Buenos Aires, such that his successor as archbishop recently announced that Francis would celebrate a Mass on April 12, 2015 in St. Peter's Basilica to commemorate the centenary of the start of the massacre.

Historians estimate that up to 1.5 million Armenians were killed by Ottoman Turks around the time of World War I, an event widely viewed by scholars as the first genocide of the 20th century. Several European countries recognize the massacres as such.

Turkey, however, denies that the deaths constituted genocide, saying the toll has been inflated and that those killed were victims of civil war and unrest.

Lombardi, the Vatican spokesman, said the pope's genocide remarks were "in no way a formal or public declaration" and therefore didn't constitute a public assertion that genocide took place.

PALACE DISPUTE

Francis will be walking straight into another controversy when he visits Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's huge new palace on once-protected farm land and forest in Ankara, becoming the first foreign dignitary to be hosted at the lavish, 1,000-room complex.

The palace, which dwarfs the White House and other European government palaces, was built at a cost of $620 million. It has drawn the ire of opposition parties, environmentalists, human rights activists and architects who say the construction is too extravagant, destroyed important forest land and went ahead despite a court injunction against it.

Erdogan brazenly dismissed the court ruling saying: "Let them knock it down if they have the power."

The Ankara branch of the Turkish Chamber of Architects sent a letter to the pope this month, urging him not to attend the welcoming ceremony on Friday at the "illegal" palace.

Lombardi brushed off the request, saying Francis was invited to visit by the Turkish government and will go where the Turkish government wishes to receive him.

CATHOLIC-ORTHODOX

Technically speaking, the real reason for the visit is for Francis to visit the spiritual leader of the world's Orthodox Christians, Patriarch Bartholomew I.

The two major branches of Christianity represented by Bartholomew and Francis split in 1054 over differences in opinion on the power of the papacy, and the two spiritual heads will participate in an ecumenical liturgy and sign a joint declaration in the ongoing attempt to bridge the divide and reunite the churches.

Ties are already warm: Bartholomew became the first ecumenical patriarch to attend a papal installation since the schism when Francis took over as pope in March 2013. The two have met since on several occasions, including during a visit in Jerusalem in May to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the landmark encounter there of Pope Paul VI and Bartholomew's predecessor, Patriarch Athenagoras.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 27, 2014, 02:22:46 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/26/benedict-xvi-pope-francis_n_6227988.html
11/26/14
Is Benedict XVI The Real Pope? Four Factors Fueling Vatican Conspiracy Theories

(RNS) When Benedict XVI stunned Catholics by announcing that he would become the first pope in six centuries to resign, it immediately raised concerns — which were dismissed just as quickly — that an ex-pope around could undermine the legitimacy of the new pontiff.

Now, nearly two years later, those fears are emerging again, fueled by the growing discontent of conservative Catholics with Benedict’s successor, Pope Francis, and by Benedict’s presence, if not quite as a player, in church debates Francis has sparked.

“Benedict is hanging back for now, but there’s no doubt that he could easily become a figurehead for traditionalists harkening back to the good old days,” Notre Dame New Testament professor Candida Moss and Joel Baden, Old Testament professor at Yale Divinity School, warned in a Daily Beast column earlier this month.

Hubert Wolf, a church historian at the University of Münster, echoed those thoughts in comments reported by a leading German newspaper last week, when he said there were worries that “around Francis and Benedict XVI, two competing power centers could come into being in the (Roman) Curia, with pope and anti-pope at the top of each.”

What’s fueling these fears? They seem outlandish, almost medieval. But there are at least four factors at work:

1. “There is another pope still living!”

New York Times columnist Ross Douthat, a Catholic who has become something of a spokesman for conservatives, made that point in a widely circulated column warning that Francis could provoke a schism on the right.

His statement seems both obvious and perilous: If there’s “another pope,” that means there is a potential rival to the throne.

But the “two living popes” meme isn’t actually true, even though it keeps getting repeated.

“There is only one pope and his name is Francis, whether people like him and the direction he is steering Roman Catholicism or not,” wrote Christopher Bellitto, a church historian at Kean University, in a column for Reuters.

“There is not more than one president or prime minister because predecessors are still alive,” Bellitto wrote. “A person holds the office of president, prime minister, or pope. When that person no longer holds that office, then that person is no longer president, prime minister, or pope.”

2. Conspiracy theories won’t die

Good luck telling that to some Catholics and conspiracy-lovers, who have propounded a number of theories they say undermine Francis’ claims to the papacy.

Among them: Benedict used incorrect Latin in his formal resignation letter, so it is invalid; alternately, they say, the cardinals in the March 2013 conclave that elected Francis violated certain procedures, so his election is null and void.

The speculation was so insistent that on the first anniversary of his resignation last February, an exasperated Benedict publicly called notions that he was still pope “simply absurd.”

3. If he walks like a pope …

Despite his protests, Benedict hasn’t exactly helped the situation by keeping his papal name, continuing to wear the distinctive white papal cassock and taking the title — which he created for himself — of “pope emeritus.” Some church experts say he could have instead gone back to a black cassock and his baptismal name, Joseph Ratzinger, and used the title “bishop emeritus of Rome” or simply Cardinal Ratzinger.

“Juridically there is only one pope. A ‘pope emeritus’ cannot exist,” Manuel Jesus Arroba, a professor of canon law at the Pontifical Lateran University, warned in the days after Benedict announced the innovation.

The debates about the legitimacy of the title and papal perks have shown no sign of abating, and that feeds the conspiracy frenzy, which in turn sparks more debates about the wisdom of Benedict’s post-retirement choices.

4. And talks like a pope …

When Benedict retired, he said he would remain “hidden to the world,” living in seclusion in a monastery inside the Vatican walls. But Francis has encouraged Benedict to come out once in a while, and the former pope has not only taken part in some public events but also made his views known in letters and other communications.

No surprise, not all of his views seem to be in sync with those of Francis, which raises alarms among some, and hopes among others.

The latest example was when an edited volume of Benedict’s theological writings was published and it turned out he had deleted a key part of a 1972 essay in which he advocated a way for divorced and remarried Catholics to take Communion — a proposal that Francis has put on the table, to the intense displeasure of many conservatives.

Benedict’s redaction was seen as thwarting any effort to enlist him on the side of the reformers, and it placed him squarely in the center of the latest controversies.

In the end, it seems far-fetched to think Benedict would become an actual anti-pope or foment a real schism.

For one thing, at 87, he is too frail to take any active role in church governance. Moreover, nothing in his past record or his post-retirement statements gives any hint that he would even contemplate such a divisive step.

The problem is, it’s really not about Benedict; it’s about his followers. Their passion is likely to outlast the ex-pope himself.
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 27, 2014, 10:32:20 pm »

CATHOLIC-ORTHODOX

Technically speaking, the real reason for the visit is for Francis to visit the spiritual leader of the world's Orthodox Christians, Patriarch Bartholomew I.

The two major branches of Christianity represented by Bartholomew and Francis split in 1054 over differences in opinion on the power of the papacy, and the two spiritual heads will participate in an ecumenical liturgy and sign a joint declaration in the ongoing attempt to bridge the divide and reunite the churches.

Ties are already warm: Bartholomew became the first ecumenical patriarch to attend a papal installation since the schism when Francis took over as pope in March 2013. The two have met since on several occasions, including during a visit in Jerusalem in May to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the landmark encounter there of Pope Paul VI and Bartholomew's predecessor, Patriarch Athenagoras.

Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet; And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows. (Daniel 7:19-20)

And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold. And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise. (Daniel 2:38-40)

Eastside meets westside downtown
No time the walls fall down
Can't you feel it coming? Empire!
Can't you hear it calling?

The above is the chorus to the 80s rock song "Empire" by Queensryche. The song itself is about law enforcement and soaring crime rates. But as we all know, subliminal things are ALWAYS added to songs, movies, shows, etc. I used to listen to that song a lot pre-salvation, and looking back on it, it's kinda weird how it fits.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 28, 2014, 07:25:57 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=28574
POPE FRANCIS IN TURKEY CALLS FOR END ALL FORMS OF RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISM
11/28/14

FRANCIS CALLED FOR INTER-RELIGIOUS DIALOGUE “SO THAT THERE WILL BE AN END OF ALL FORMS OF FUNDAMENTALISM AND TERRORISM WHICH GRAVELY DEMEAN THE DIGNITY OF EVERY MAN AND WOMAN AND EXPLOIT RELIGION.”

“And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.” Revelation 17:5,6

The term “fundamentalism” is a very broad brush and could be talking about many different things. Christian fundamentalists are those who believe in the bible and bible doctrine, and attempt to do their best to reach a lost and dying world for Jesus Christ. Christian fundamentalists, like Baptists, are also those who historically have sought to expose the Catholic church as the Harlot found in Revelation 17 and 18. It’s kind of hard to have a One World Religion if there are those pesky bible believers that are constantly outing the Pope and the harlot Vatican system.

Make no mistake about it, the overarching goal of Pope Francis is to erase the lines of distinction between all Christian denominations and absorb them in to the Roman Catholic system. He will use any means at his disposal – abortion, world hunger, poverty, terrorism – as a pretext to “lay down our differences and unite”. The Pope isn’t selling, he’s buying.

The Jerusalem Post reports today that Pope Francis in Turkey called for an end to all forms of fundamentalism on Friday and said fighting hunger and poverty, rather than military intervention alone, were key to stopping Islamist militants carrying out “grave persecutions” in Syria and Iraq.

Speaking at the start of a three-day trip to Turkey, Francis said “terrorist violence” showed no sign of abating in Turkey’s southern neighbors, where Islamist insurgents had declared a caliphate and persecuted Shi’ite Muslims, Christians and others who do not share their ultra-radical brand of Sunni Islam.
Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 28, 2014, 07:30:25 pm »

Revelation 12:7-11 KJV

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,  And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Good news is: Queen's dead mouthpiece, Freddie Mercury may have said they'll "keep fighting to the end"
-- However, the LORD said, they WON'T be "the champions."

Revelation 19:20 KJV

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:40:04 pm by Boldhunter » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 29, 2014, 09:17:53 am »

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Pope Francis prays alongside Islamic cleric in Istanbul's Blue Mosque in gesture of inter-religious harmony - @Reuters

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 05, 2014, 06:36:46 pm »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/1/pope-francis-koran-is-a-prophetic-book-of-peace/#ixzz3L1jndYDJ
Pope Francis: Muslims say Koran ‘is a prophetic book of peace’
12/5/14
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 05, 2014, 07:34:58 pm »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/1/pope-francis-koran-is-a-prophetic-book-of-peace/#ixzz3L1jndYDJ
12/5/14

Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 06, 2014, 06:59:28 pm »

12/5/14

+1000

What a joke.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 06, 2014, 09:34:35 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/06/pope-francis-conclave-conspiracy_n_6277614.html
12/6/14
Pope Francis Critics Cite Conclave Conspiracy To Question His Papacy

NEW YORK (RNS) Was there a secret plot to elect Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio at the papal conclave last year?

Did Bergoglio — who became Pope Francis at that conclave — give the go-ahead to such a plan?

And does that campaign call his election, and his papacy, into question?

Such questions might sound like plot twists to a new Vatican thriller by Dan Brown, but they are actually the latest talking points promoted by some Catholic conservatives upset with the direction that Francis is leading the church.

The furor stems from a behind-the-scenes account of the March 2013 conclave, presented in a new book about Francis titled “The Great Reformer: Francis and the Making of a Radical Pope.”

In the last chapter of the biography, which focuses on Bergoglio’s early life in Argentina and career as a Jesuit, author Austen Ivereigh delivers an insider account of how a group of cardinals who wanted a reformer pope quietly sought to rally support for Bergoglio in the days leading up to the conclave.

Cardinals take an oath not to divulge details of a conclave and Ivereigh based his account on background interviews with cardinals who took part.

He called Francis’ boosters “Team Bergoglio.” They were led by reform-minded European churchmen like Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor of England, who Ivereigh once worked for, and German prelates like Cardinal Walter Kasper, who has become a trusted theological adviser to Francis.

At one point, Ivereigh writes that members of “Team Bergoglio” sought the Argentine cardinal’s “assent” that he would not refuse the papacy if the voting turned his way. During the 2005 conclave, Bergoglio reportedly refused to take up the mantle when he was running second to Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, who would eventually be elected Pope Benedict XVI.

This time, Ivereigh writes, Bergoglio “said that he believed that at this time of crisis for the Church no cardinal could refuse if asked.”

In conclaves, cardinals often signal whether they would refuse or go along with an election, if it happened.

Also, while overt politicking is strongly discouraged, and conclave rules expressly forbid dealmaking, cardinals often coalesce in camps behind one contender or another.

But when Ivereigh’s book was published last month (he personally presented a copy to Francis), media accounts of the politics of the conclave prompted some to question whether Bergoglio himself was involved by giving the go-ahead, and whether that could undermine the legitimacy of his election.

Murphy-O’Connor’s press secretary wrote a letter to a British newspaper saying that no approach had been made to Bergoglio seeking his assent.

And on Monday (Dec. 1), the Rev. Federico Lombardi, Vatican spokesman, issued a statement saying the cardinals cited “have expressly denied this description of events, both in terms of the demand for a prior consent by Cardinal Bergoglio and with regard to the conduct of a campaign for his election.”

Church sources said the Vatican’s quick reaction was an indication of how concerned Rome is that Francis’ opponents will use any pretext to try to sow doubts about him and his papacy.

Ivereigh, a leading Vatican expert who was in New York this week to promote his book, said Tuesday (Dec. 2) that he stands by his reporting. But Ivereigh said he regretted phrasing the episode to make it seem that Bergoglio had been approached about being a candidate and gave his backers encouragement.

“That never happened and I am sorry that I gave the impression that’s what happened,” Ivereigh told Religion News Service. “I think the whole chapter makes clear that he never had any role at all in his own election.”

Ivereigh said he was trying to show that as opposed to the 2005 conclave, Bergoglio’s supporters in 2013 “were convinced he wouldn’t resist his election.”

“The conclave rules do not prevent cardinals from urging other cardinals to vote for a particular person,” he added. “And indeed that is exactly what happens. That is part of the discernment that happens in a papal election.”

Ivereigh said he will be changing the wording of one paragraph in future editions of the book to clarify Bergoglio’s role. (NOTE: See text of the wording change at the end of this story.)

Whether that will satisfy the critics is unclear.

Some fringe elements in the Catholic Church have proposed various theories they claim might either invalidate the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI in February 2013 or the election of Francis the following month.

Others see the accounts of conclave machinations as further evidence that Pope Francis is, for them, a far more manipulative and autocratic figure than the public believes.

Ivereigh says that in future reprints of “The Great Reformer,” the paragraph at the top of Page 355 will be amended as follows:

EXISTING
They had learned their lessons from 2005. They first secured Bergoglio’s assent. Asked if he was willing, he said that he believed that at this time of crisis for the Church no cardinal could refuse if asked.

NEW
In keeping with conclave rules, they did not ask Bergoglio if he would be willing to be a candidate. But they believed this time that the crisis in the Church would make it hard for him to refuse if elected.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 08, 2014, 08:43:00 am »

Pope Francis Addresses Gay Marriage: Church Should Support Families With LGBT Children

The Catholic Church must help parents stand by their gay children, Pope Francis said in a new interview about his papal ministry. The pontiff’s comments come a day after Francis urged top church officials to pay attention to the “signs of the times” and listen to ordinary Catholics, according to The Independent.

“We come across this reality all the time in the confessional: a father and a mother whose son or daughter is in that situation. This happened to me several times in Buenos Aires.... We have to find a way to help that father or that mother to stand by their son or daughter,” he said in a wide-ranging interview with the Argentine daily La Nación. While it is important to find ways to welcome gay Catholics, gay marriage is still not on the church’s agenda, Francis said.

The pontiff’s remarks were made as part of a larger reflection on the church’s recent Synod of Bishops, which discussed some of the most controversial issues around family life for Catholics. The October gathering revealed fractures in church opinion about adapting traditional teaching to accomodate modern attitudes, according to the BBC. While Francis made a powerful appeal to traditionalists, conservative cardinals prevailed and rejected proposals for wider acceptance of gay people.

Francis also addressed the issue of divorced Catholics, saying that they were often treated as though they had been excommunicated. “In the case of divorcées who have remarried, we posed the question: What do we do with them? What door can we allow them to open? This was a pastoral concern: Will we allow them to go to Communion? Communion alone is no solution. The solution is integration. They have not been excommunicated,” he said, according to the National Catholic Reporter.

Since his election as pope in March 2013, Francis has made efforts to reform the church and make it more open, though he has encountered stiff resistance from some traditionalists within the Vatican.

http://www.ibtimes.com/pope-francis-addresses-gay-marriage-church-should-support-families-lgbt-children-1742369

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 10, 2014, 01:28:16 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 10, 2014, 07:09:20 am »

Pope Francis: ‘All Animals Go To Heaven’

Pope Francis has declared that all animals go to heaven during his weekly audience in St. Peter’s Square.

The Pope made these remarks after he received two donkeys as early Christmas presents. During his discussion, Pope Francis quoted the apostle Paul as he comforted a child who was mourning the death of his dog.

Francis quoted Paul’s remarks as, “One day we will see our animals again in eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all God’s creatures.”

According to the Express, Pope Francis’ declaration is in complete contrast to those that were previously made by his predecessor Pope Benedict XVI. Pope Benedict resigned from the position in 2013, declaring that he didn’t possess the “strength of mind and body” to continue.

Pope Benedict said that animals “are not called to the eternal life.” In a book that Pope Benedict wrote about the childhood of Jesus, he claimed that there was no mention of animals in any of the Gospels. In fact, he stated that the presence of animals in Nativity scenes is based on myth.

Pope Francis was given two donkeys by the names of Thea and Noah earlier this week. He was provided with these by a company that makes donkey milk for babies unable to drink other milks because of their allergies.

Upon receiving the rather unusual gift, Pope Francis went on to reveal that he used to drink donkey milk as a baby. This claim was made by Pierluigi Christophe Orunesu, who works for Eurolactis Italia, a donkey farming company.

Orunesu admitted that the pope was “very happy,” before, according to the Daily Mail, he went on to add, “I told him he will have two friends for life. Pope Francis told me today in front of media that his mother regularly gave him donkey’s milk where she could not provide enough breast milk or later on when he was a child.”

Twenty-one gallons of donkey’s milk were also donated to a pediatric hospital in Rome by the company. Eurolactis Italia also released a statement boasting of their gifts to Pope Francis.

“This gift of two very friendly young donkeys, Thea and Noah, is less surprising than it might first seem; the Holy Father chose to take the forename of Saint Francis of Assisi, who considered animals to be God’s living creations and elevated them to the status of brothers to mankind. The donkey also holds a prominent place in the bible. This was the animal that kept Jesus warm in his manger in Bethlehem.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1657599/pope-francis-all-animals-go-to-heaven/#5oiIjyJ8w1tJ8KBB.99

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 10, 2014, 07:49:04 am »

Pope Francis: ‘All Animals Go To Heaven’

Frank, animals do not have a "spirit", they DO NOT GO to Heaven.

http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,9410.msg41641.html#msg41641
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 10, 2014, 09:17:39 am »

Side note: I wonder what will happen to born-again believers' pets at the rapture.
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 10, 2014, 10:28:52 pm »

BornAgain2, that video about Tony Palmer is VERY eye-opening. Shocked

Obviously, I disagree with the last part about Sunday vs. Sabbath, but otherwise this is a great video.

EDIT: I just remembered this tv series that debuted this year:

http://abc.go.com/shows/resurrection/

The people of Arcadia, Missouri are forever changed when their deceased loved ones suddenly start to reappear.

And get a load of this!

The local minister in Arcadia, Tom Hale is a town leader with a loyal flock. He has an empathetic soul that is irresistible to women. Married to Janine, he’s initially unwilling to believe in the miracle that is Jacob. But he was best buddies with the 8-year-old boy, 32 years ago, and he instantly recognizes his long-lost pal, making him question his very beliefs…
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:41:29 pm by FervorForFaith » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 11, 2014, 08:14:47 am »

Side note: I wonder what will happen to born-again believers' pets at the rapture.

What happens to the alligators? Or the deer? how about all the stray cats that no one cares about? None of them have a Spirit. They all have souls but no spirit. I love my dog, and he loves me. Its real emotion. But he still does not have a spirit.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

This passage here isnt for cows, goats, roaches, robins, whales or any other animal that has ever existed. Only MAN, as we have a SPIRIT.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 11, 2014, 08:19:07 am »

Ive been seeing this push now for a while from Libs, pseudo-christians, closet catholics and now the pope to elevate animals to be equal with man. Im sure the next step will be they also can have salvation and that we can baptize the creature and creation. Creation itself is fallen and will not be restored until the Lord returns. This just seems like some kind of plow, just like the Pope wants to baptize aliens, and that they wouldnt have original sin.  Roll Eyes When Adam fell he took all of creation with him. But still the animals do not have a spirit.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: