End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:36:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Peter the Roman conspiracy

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter the Roman conspiracy  (Read 49309 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: April 24, 2014, 12:03:22 pm »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/04/24/did-pope-francis-just-call-and-say-divorced-catholics-can-take-communion/
Did Pope Francis just call and say divorced Catholics can take communion?
4/24/14

Inside a home in an Argentine river town called San Lorenzo, a telephone rang. For the next 10 minutes, an ordinary Argentine woman says she spoke to Pope Francis — and that their discussion may signal a profound change for millions of Catholics across the world. Could it be? The Catholic Church has confirmed that the Monday telephone call happened. But it won’t say what it was about.

Either way, Jaqui Lisbona, a dark-haired Argentine woman with a broad smile, says her life has changed.

Her story begins with a problem. Lisbona loved her civil law husband. She had been with him for 19 years. They had two children together and shared a life. They considered themselves staunch Catholics. She and her husband prayed every night and “always” turned to God. “When someone is in a difficult situation, God is the first one to turn to,” she said.

But her husband, Julio Sabetta, had previously been divorced — a fact that, according to church teachings, would restrict him and possibly even her from receiving communion. Lisbona didn’t know what to do. The last time she tried to take the Eucharist was last year, but the local priest not only denied her communion, but also told her she couldn’t go to confession. “[They told me that] when I went home, I resumed a life of sin,” she told the Buenos Aires radio station La Red Am910.

Distraught, she “spontaneously” wrote down her concerns about “violating church rules” – and shipped the letter off to the Vatican for Pope Francis. “I wrote to him because he’s Argentinean, he listens to people and I believe in miracles,” she said.

Six months passed. Then on Monday, the phone chirped at her San Lorenzo home. Her husband answered it. On the other end was someone who identified himself as “Father Bergoglio” — and he was asking to speak with Lisbona. “My husband asked, ‘Who’s calling?’ The voice replied, ‘Father Bergoglio.’ I asked him if it was really him, the pope, and he said it was and that he was calling in response to my letter dated in September.”

Lisbona claims the pope told her “there was no problem” with her taking communion, and that he was “dealing with the issue” of remarried divorcees, the Vatican Insider reports. ”He said my letter was useful in helping him address this issue…. Then he told me there are some priests who are more papist than the pope.”

The Vatican declined to comment on Wednesday but doesn’t deny that the phone call occurred. The Vatican considers the pope’s personal phone calls to individuals private, according to the Catholic Reporter. ”It’s between the Pope and the woman,” one spokesman told CNN.

Lisbona’s recollection, if true, marks another sharp departure from tradition for a pope who today is widely recognized as the most tolerant pontiff in a generation. From his widely publicized “who am I to judge?” remark on homosexuality to his repudiation of some of the luxuries his position affords, Pope Francis hasn’t shown reservation over wading into some of today’s most contentious issues.

But even by his standards, his reported leniency on divorce — not to mention the phone call’s unusual circumstances — may represent just how open to change Pope Francis has become. The alleged discussion has heightened expectation that there may be additional, and more concrete, alterations to Catholic Church teachings ahead. In October, a worldwide meeting of bishops will revolve around what Pope Francis has called ”pastoral challenges to the family.”

Catholic teaching holds that a divorced members of the church must first obtain an official annulment of their marriages if they’re to be remarried in the church. What’s more, according to New Jersey’s Trenton diocese, Catholics aren’t allowed to marry someone who is divorced unless he or she has had an annulment.

Neither Lisbona nor husband Julio Sabetta responded to requests from The Washington Post on Thursday morning, and it’s unclear whether Sabetta has had an annulment. What is clear, however, is that he was pretty stoked on Monday about the pope’s alleged phone call.

“After the birth of my daughters, today passed one of the most beautiful things,” he wrote in a Facebook post. “I had my house called by no one more or less than PAPA Francisco and it was the biggest thrill. The call originated with a letter my wife sent him. And he took the time to call and talk to her…. Thank God for this blessing.”

And from the Vatican Insider comes this interesting footnote: “The priest who apparently refused to administer Communion to [lisbona], no longer exercises his ministry. He asked to be dispensed from his obligations as priest so he could get married.”
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: