End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:03:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

McDonalds: The satanic illuminati restaurant, mmmm

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonalds: The satanic illuminati restaurant, mmmm  (Read 20719 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2012, 03:18:31 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVR7tkajFpg&sns=fb
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 08:18:32 pm »

http://www.truthseekersvideo.com/articles/McDonalds_Founder_Ray_Kroc_Satanist.php

On the afternoon of Tuesday, June 7th in 1977, aged and perhaps senile McDonald's founder Ray Kroc appeared on the TV talk show "Mike Douglas" and I just happened to be watching. I was only a teenager then but the show was seared into my memory. When Mike Douglas asked Ray what he did with all his money he replied that he belonged to a satanic church and donated a lot of his money to it. I told my family what I had seen and we stopped eating at McDonalds for quite awhile after that, as did many others.

Since then the event seems to have been totally purged from American memory.

A search of the Internet shows how far the efforts to rewrite history have gone. Other than this site and those publishing this article, the only sites mentioning the event describe it merely as a rumor and urban legend. The text on the different sites is nearly identical, although there are several authors claiming responsibility for it. In a book intended to 'debunk' satanic conspiracies entitled "Satan Wants You" Ray Kroc's satanism is also mentioned only as a rumor. Even Harvard Law School had a Ray Kroc satanism debunking article on it's website.

The cover-up started in 1978 when Kroc was forced by the McDonald's board of directors to deny having ever made the claim. A growing boycott among christians was starting to eat into corporate profits.

Because he had actually made the claim on the Mike Douglas show McDonald's shifted the issue by claiming that the rumor started after he appeared on the Phil Donahue show in May of 1977, with no mention being made of the Mike Douglas show.

Proof that Ray Kroc appeared on the Mike Douglas show in the form of a newspaper TV schedule was recently sent by a reader of this site. Click on the image below for a larger version.

Previous to being sent the link to this newspaper I had been unable to find any record that Ray Kroc appeared on the Mike Douglas show. As of October 18, 2011, a web search using "Ray Kroc Mike Douglas" on Google and Yahoo shows only this one result.

I know what I saw and have never heard anyone else mention it. I was never exposed to any urban legends or rumors about McDonalds. However, I have been exposed to the facts about the McDonalds Corporation.

While McDonalds has done perhaps a minute amount of good with its Ronald McDonald houses, the harm caused by the company far outweighs the little good it may have tried to whitewash itself with. The reality is that McDonalds serves almost entirely unhealthy food and exploits children. Their 'food' is extremely high in fat and chemicals. They have a long history of causing environmental devastation, unimaginable cruelty to animals and exploitation of labor and children. McDonald's is an empire with nearly 33,000 stores in 119 different countries with 64 million customers each day.

The amount of damage done by McDonalds is so massive that it has altered the course of life on Earth.

I have a cousin that manages a chicken slaughter house and he told me that what goes into chicken McNuggets® is the part of the chicken they would normally dispose of because it is inedible. His plant would grind the chicken 'parts' into a slurry, bleach the mass till it turned white and then add artificial flavoring. The product would be extruded into nugget shapes, breaded and deep fried in hydrogenated oils. McDonald's calls the paste it uses "white meat", which is just one example of its false advertising.

I have met two different people that worked at slaughter houses with contracts to supply McDonalds. Both of them claimed that they were required to mix raw blood back into the meat. Why would McDonalds want raw blood mixed in with the hamburger? Was it part of a satanic ritual or merely for flavor? Does cow blood really taste so good?

McDonald's crimes were well documented in the infamous McLibel Trial between McDonald's and a postman & a gardener from London (Helen Steel and Dave Morris). It ran for two and a half years and became the longest ever English trial. The Judge delivered his verdict in June 1997. The judge ruled that McDonalds 'exploit children' with their advertising, produce 'misleading' advertising, are 'culpably responsible' for cruelty to animals, are 'antipathetic' to unionization and pay their workers low wages. But Helen and Dave failed to prove all the points and so the Judge ruled that they had libeled McDonald's and should pay 60,000 pounds damages. They refused and McDonald's knew better than to pursue it. In March 1999 the Court of Appeal made further rulings against McDonald's in relation to heart disease and employment.

The case brought numerous facts to life:

Health & Nutrition
Nutritionists argue that the type of high fat, low fibre diet promoted by McDonald's is linked to serious diseases such as cancer, heart disease, obesity and diabetes - the sort of diseases that are now responsible for nearly three-quarters of premature deaths in the western world. McDonalds consistently refuses to offer healthy food and has lied about its food ingredients. McDonalds has been responsible for numerous cases of food poisoning. Even when it pretends to offer a healthy menu item it loads the food with unhealthy ingredients. In fact, McDonalds loads its food with a wide number of toxic chemicals. Studies have shown that McDonalds' food does not rot or detiorate for many years. Not even bacteria, mold or fungus can survive a diet of McDonalds.

Genetic engineering of food crops poses a tremendous threat to human health and the Earth's eco-systems. McDonalds' purchase of genetically engineered ingredients supports corporate criminals such as Monsanto and Dupont who are genetically engineering food only to contaminate and control the world's food supply.

Former McDonalds Chairman and Chief Executive Jim Cantalupo died from a heart attack in April, 2004 - no doubt caused by the same type of diet he sold to others. His successor, Charlie Bell, underwent colorectal cancer two weeks later and ultimately died from the cancer in early 2005. It is commonly known that colon cancer is caused by a diet high in meat and low in fiber, just what McDonalds sells.

Animals & the Environment
More than 10 Billion animals are raised in horrible conditions, tortured and killed every year in the US alone. The chickens that are used in McDonalds food are hung upside down by their feet and dragged alive through boiling water before being killed by having their heads cut off.

McDonalds consumes over a million tons of packaging each year, used for just a few minutes before being discarded.

Over the years thousands of square miles of rainforest have been destroyed to raise cattle for McDonalds or the feed for the cattle and chickens. The McLibel case demonstrated that McDonald's was still obtaining beef for its stores from ranches situated on recently-cleared rainforest land. As McDonalds keep expanding so does the destruction of the rain forest and the rest of the planet.

McDonalds has lied about the amount of recycled material it uses and the amount it recycles.The enormous amount of waste is polluting our water and contributing to global warming.

The demand for organic foods is growing at a rate of 40% a year yet McDonalds sells non-organic and genetically engineered food laden with chemicals. People want healthy food and are willing to pay more for it, why isn't McDonalds willing to sell it?

Hunger & Poverty
Third world countries are caught in a cycle of corruption where leaders are installed with the help of the US govt. and given large loans. Most of the money flows back to US corporations in the form of 'contracts' and the citizens of the country are left having to pay off the 'loans'. When a country can't meet its debt payments the World Bank and IMF require the country to cut social & environmental programs and expand cash crops such as tobacco, beef, and soybeans used to feed animals for fast food restaurants. Land used for growing locally needed food crops is converted to cash crops to help pay off the debt. When the inevitable famine occurs the US dumps the surplus from its own farmers onto the country, which prevents local farmers from being able to sell their crops. As local farmers lose their farms when they can't sell their crops, large multinational corporations step in to buy up the land for bargain basement prices.

McDonalds directly contributes to the creation of hunger and poverty by buying the low-cost products produced in third world countries by predatory agro-chemical companies and offering food which is high on the food chain and resource intensive. It requires 2,500 gallons of water, 1 gallon of oil and 12 pounds of grain to produce 1 pound of hamburger meat. 70% of all US grain now goes to feed animals for human consumption.

McDonalds could use its enormous buying power to support sustainable agriculture and provide goods job, but it doesn't. Why not?

Exploitation of Children & Social Engineering
Eating habits formed in childhood will stick with most people their entire life. McDonald's knows this and structures its organization to strongly appeal to children. A large percentage of McDonalds 2 Billion dollar advertising budget is used to target children. The play centers, toys and packaging are all designed to lure in children and hook them on an unhealthy diet. McDonalds aggressively campaigns to get it's advertising in schools and put restaurants in schools.

It has been reported that the Stonington, Connecticut school system prodded all of its students into a mandatory assembly hosted by McDonalds. A corporate representative played a film about the joys of working in the fast food industry and handed out applications for local McDonalds restaurants. Those who filled out an application, got free coupons! The purpose of this "corporate partnership" was "career education." After the applications, the McDonalds Rep held mock interviews with volunteers. When asked to talk about himself, one 15 year-old pointed out that he didn't want to work at McDonalds because of its unethical history. The sophomore was removed and forced to read an apology over the P.A. system.

It has been demonstrated that child behavior is greatly impacted by diet. The fast-food diet forced onto schools by companies like McDonalds results in slower learning and increased behavior problems. When a school for students 'at risk' switched from a garbage based diet to a healthy organic diet donated by a local bakery, the behavior of the students changed dramatically and they went from being one step away from jail to the district's leading students. If bad food has such a negative impact on kids why won't McDonalds sell better food?

Imagine the kind of world we could have if McDonalds used it's social engineering to promote healthy and environmentally friendly food instead of the garbage it sells.

Exploitation of Labor
McDonald's and its franchises employ over a million people in low-paying dead-end jobs with few or no benefits. The company's 2004 profits exceeded $2 billion. Complaints from employees range from discrimination and lack of rights, to understaffing, few breaks and illegal hours, to poor safety conditions and kitchens flooded with sewage, and the sale of food that has been dropped on the floor. Just 10% of its profits could go a long way in improving working conditions.

In 1972 Ray Kroc funneled $250,000 to Richard M. Nixon in exchange for a 20% reduction in the already low minimum wage for teenagers. Afterwards, a gracious Tricky Dick went a step further and publicly praised McDonalds.

Suppression of Free Speech
McDonalds aggressively sues anyone who might threaten their carefully contrived image. Whenever someone tries to expose the true nature of their company they launch an assault of propaganda and unleash their attack lawyers.

In 2010 diplomatic cables were leaked that showed that McDonalds had tried to force the country of El Salvador to appoint favorable judges to a case that McDonalds was involved in by threatening to have a free trade agreement delayed.

"We have found out... that we cannot trust some people who are nonconformists... We will make conformists out of them... The organization cannot trust the individual; the individual must trust the organization." - Ray Kroc

Lies and More Lies
McDonalds has consistently lied about it's food ingredients and it's record on the environment. It claimed that it's french fries were cooked in 100% vegetable for years yet in reality the french fries were first cooked in animal fat. It lied about it's recycling and lies about the quality of it's food. It lies about the health consequences of it's food and lies about the impact of it's advertising on children. McDonalds is a corporate liar.

In the following video Ray Kroc is lying about even the name of McDonalds by claiming that he came up with the name instead of admitting that he bought the existing McDonalds Restaurant chain founded by Dick and Mac McDonald in 1940.

The Energy
As quantum physicists and parapsychologists have discovered, everything in our world is a manifestation of energy and information. Physicists also claim that energy can't be destroyed, only converted from one form to another.

McDonalds food is rich in negative energy that in turn has a negative impact on the people that eat and the world at larg.

Imagine the energetic impact of torturing tens of billions of animals each year and then brutally killing them. Emotions have energy, thoughts have energy. Animals have much the same emotions as humans, a sense of self and the capacity to experience love as well as physical and emotional pain. How much negative energy is produced when we torture animals? Where does all that negative energy go? What is the impact on the human body and mind when we eat negative energy?

Spirit entities are also a reality. While elusive, their presence can be measured and recorded. They have even communicated specific messages under laboratory conditions. Negative entities feed off of negative energy. So, if we are producing enormous amounts of negative energy are we feeding and causing the growth of negative entities?

Is There Any Proof?
I have tried to obtain a copy of the Mike Douglas show featuring Ray Kroc without success. The current owner of the program is CBS TV Distribution and they have not responded to inquiries about the footage. I would imagine that the McDonalds corporation made the footage disappear shortly after it was broadcast. Nor have I been able to find the footage on YouTube. Some other Mike Douglas interviews are avilable on VHS and DVD but not the one with Ray Kroc.

While I don't yet have any proof other than my own memory that Ray Kroc confessed to being a satanist, the fact that someone has gone to so much trouble to counter the claim shows that I wasn't the only one that saw Ray Kroc confess. I seriously doubt that I started an 'urban legend' by talking about the event to a handful of people. I didn't publish a book on the topic or write an article about it, until now. So, others must have seen it, which means that it is likely that I have not hallucinated the entire thing and it is true. Ray Kroc did confess to being a satanist and that explains a lot about why McDonalds does so much harm and so little good in the world.

I understand that human memory is generally not reliable and accept that my memory of Ray Kroc's interview may not be accurate. However, the facts about McDonald's are self-evident and are not dependent upon faulty human memory.

If McDonalds restaurant was founded by a confessed satanist, is it any wonder that the restaurant refuses to sell veggie-burgers even though customers demand it?

Even without the satanism of Ray Kroc it is obvious what kind of a company McDonalds truly is. It hooks children on bad food which causes massive environmental devastation and sickness and it is rapidly expanding its influence around the world. It doesn't use its resources to do good but evil.

Judge for yourself and remember what you are paying for the next time you give McDonalds your money.

Every year on the 16th October there is an annual World Day of Action against McDonald's and all they stand for - join in the fun!

For more info. about McDonalds see the movie "Super-size Me" and McLibel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray Kroc Bio
Ray Kroc: McDonald's Corporation founder.

Ray Arthur Kroc (October 5, 1902 – January 14, 1984) was an American entrepreneur, most famous for founding the McDonald's Corporation in 1955, although he did not found the restaurant chain itself, which was started by Dick and Mac McDonald in 1940. Dubbed the Hamburger King, Kroc was included in the TIME 100 list of the world's most influential builders and titans of industry and amassed a $500 million fortune during his lifetime. Kroc was of Czech ancestry and was survived by his third wife, Joan B. Kroc. He was also once the owner of the San Diego Padres baseball team starting in 1974.

Early life

Kroc was born in Oak Park, Illinois in 1902 and went on to become an ambulance driver during the First World War where he worked with Walt Disney. He tried his hand at a number of trades between then and the early 1950s, by which time he had become a Multimixer milkshake machine salesman traveling across the country peddling his wares. It was this work which led him to the two brothers, Dick and Mac McDonald, who were using eight of his machines at their innovative San Bernardino, California hamburger restaurant.

McDonald's

Immediately realizing the potential of the brothers' business, which they had already begun to franchise, Kroc went into business with them and acquired franchising rights to open a McDonald's restaurant of his own, in Des Plaines, Illinois in 1955.

Although the McDonald brothers had themselves invented the "Speedee Service System" in 1948, establishing the principles of the modern fast-food restaurant, and had begun franchising their restaurants before they met Kroc, it was he who recognized the enormous potential their restaurant had. He encouraged the brothers to put him in charge of franchising, and founded McDonald's Corporation (originally "McDonald's Systems, Inc.") with the opening of his first franchise.

Kroc's enthusiasm for the company was strong, and in his first year with McDonald's he unsuccessfully attempted to convince Walt Disney, a fellow WWI ambulance driver with whom he had been acquainted, to let him open a restaurant in the forthcoming Disneyland.

Walt Disney, Ray Kroc and Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard were all in the military together and have all been linked to satanism.

In 1961, Kroc bought out the McDonald brothers for US $2.7 million. Their relationship was not harmonious, and Kroc denied them the rights to the McDonald's name for their first restaurant, opening a new McDonald's nearby to force them out of business. Under Kroc, McDonald's promulgated a version of its history that emphasized Kroc as "McDonald's founder," barely mentioning the role the McDonald brothers played. Kroc's first restaurant was inaccurately claimed to be "McDonald's #1" (it was actually the 9th McDonald's restaurant), and the company dated its founding to 1955, not 1940. However, in his autobiography he acknowledged the contributions of the McDonald Brothers.

Epilogue

In the early 1970s, Kroc became owner of the San Diego Padres, and on Opening Day in 1974 he got on the stadium public-address system to criticize the team during a poor performance, saying, "This is the stupidest ballplaying that I have ever seen."

Kroc was investigated by the FBI for donating large amounts of money to CREEP (the Committee to Re-elect the President) in order to obtain a monopoly on food sales at 1976 U.S. bicentennial celebrations.

In 1977, he wrote his autobiography, Grinding It Out, which inspired the 2004 song "Boom, Like That" by Mark Knopfler.

Kroc is buried at El Camino Memorial Park, in La Jolla, Ca., next to his wife who survived him, or is he? Perhaps his fellow satanist ground him up into a paste and made McNuggets out of him.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 08:31:21 pm »

Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 10:00:57 pm »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/11-amazing-facts-about-the-mcdonald-s-mcrib-170212930.html

Excerpt:

5. The entire McRib sandwich contains about 70 ingredientsincluding a flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats.

As it appears out of the box, the McRib sandwich consists of just five basic components: a pork patty, barbecue sauce, pickle slices, onions, and a sesame bun.

But, as recently reported by Time magazine, a closer inspection of McDonald's own ingredient list reveals that the pork sandwich contains a total of 70 ingredients. This includes azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in the production of foamed plastics.

The entire sandwich packs a whopping 500 calories, 26 grams of fat, 44 grams of carbs, and 980 milligrams of sodium.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. Animal rights group sues McRib meat supplier over inhumane treatment of pigs.

Not everyone is ecstatic about the return of the McRib. Last November, the Humane Society of the United States filed a lawsuit against Smithfield Foods, the pork supplier of McDonald's McRib meat, claiming the meat distributor houses its pigs in unethical farm conditions.

A 2010 undercover investigation by the animal rights group shows pigs crammed into gestation crates covered in blood and baby pigs being tossed into carts like rag dolls (WARNING: the video contains some pretty graphic content).
Report Spam   Logged
hannahj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 07:27:37 am »

I already didnt eat at McDonalds because of their pro-homosexual ads.But i never realized how truly evil the company was at its roots until now. thank you
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 04:07:11 pm »

McDonald’s McRib Sandwich a Franken Creation of GMOs, Toxic Ingredients, Banned Ingredients

1/8/13

It’s ‘McRib season’, and thousands across the nation are scrambling to use online websites like the ‘McRib locator‘ to stuff the McDonald’s McRib sandwich down their throats. A sandwich that is not only full of genetically modified ingredients, a medley of toxic fillers and preservatives, but also some ingredients that are actually banned in other nations around the world. But honestly, are you surprised?

The McRib is the result of intensive marketing by McDonald’s. Utilizing the basics of supply and demand through creating scarcity over the McRib by only unleashing the culinary abomination for a fraction of the year that is only known once it is released, McDonald’s fans have been known to ‘hoard’ McRib sandwiches and eat them in extreme excess. It’s even a topic of the popular documentary Super Size Me, where filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (who gorges himself with McDonald’s for 30 days only to find serious health consequences) encounters ‘McRib hunters’ who actually travel the country eating McRib sandwiches.

McDonald’s even made McRib fans sign a petition to ‘save the McRib’ online, bringing out a conglomerate of fans to bring back their favorite franken sandwich.

What’s Inside a McDonald’s McRib Sandwich?

But what’s really inside the McRib specifically that makes it such a food abomination? Containing over 70 ingredients, the McRib is full of surprises — including ‘restructured meat’ technology that includes traditionally-discarded animal parts brought together to create a rib-like substance. Here’s some of the disturbing substances found within the McDonald’s McRib sandwich:

A flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats

Out of the 70 ingredients that make up the ‘pork’ sandwich, a little-known flour-bleaching agent known as azodicarbonamide lies among them. At first glance, this strange ingredient sounds concerning enough to look into. After a little research, you will find that even mainstream media outlets have generated content revealing how azodicarbonamide is actually used in the production of foamed plastics. Foamed plastics like yoga mats and more.

What’s more? In Australia and Europe, the use of azodicarbonamide as a food additive is banned. In Singapore specifically, use of this substance in food can result in a $450,000 fine and 15 years in jail. Thank you McDonald’s for supplying the nation with such healthful ingredients.

‘Restructured Meat’ from Pig Heart, Tongue, Stomach

McDonald’s McRib is famous in some circles for utilizing what’s known as ‘restructured meat’ technology. Since McDonald’s knows you’d never eat a pig heart, tongue, or stomach on your plate, they decided instead to grind up these ingredients and put them into the form of a typical rib. That way, consumers won’t know what they’re putting into their mouths. As the Chicago Mag reported, the innovator of this technology back in 1995 said it best:

“Most people would be extremely unhappy if they were served heart or tongue on a plate… but flaked into a restructured product it loses its identity.Such products as tripe, heart, and scalded stomachs…”

So in other words, it’s not actually a rib. Instead, it’s a combination of unwanted animal scraps processed down in major facilities and ‘restructured’ into the form of a rib. Then, 70 additives, chemicals, fillers, and GMO ingredients later, you have a ‘meat’ product that tastes like ribs.

For a visual representation with a full list, here’s an image summarizing what it calls the ‘McDiabetes McRib’ — complete with GMO indicators (click to enlarge):

Read more: http://naturalsociety.com/mcdonalds-mcrib-sandwich-a-franken-creation-of-gmos-toxic-ingredients-banned-ingredients/#ixzz2JDT9FCw5
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:14:28 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 08:14:11 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 04:48:22 am »

“Most people would be extremely unhappy if they were served heart or tongue on a plate

Most people are conditioned to the foods sold in stores, but the reality is that those pig parts are commonly consumed by many people, people who know food is a premium, and they make every part count.

Now that said, it's a different story when they take those "less desirable" parts and make them into something they aren't, and call it something else. That's called a lie, all in the name of the love of money.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 06:36:19 am »

Hamburger Chef Jamie Oliver Proves McDonald’s Burgers “Unfit for Human Consumption”

Hamburger chef Jamie Oliver has won his long-fought battle against one of the largest fast food chains in the world – McDonalds. After Oliver showed how McDonald’s hamburgers are made, the franchise finally announced that it will change its recipe, and yet there was barely a peep about this in the mainstream, corporate media.

Oliver repeatedly explained to the public, over several years – in documentaries, television shows and interviews – that the fatty parts of beef are “washed” in ammonium hydroxide and used in the filling of the burger. Before this process, according to the presenter, the food is deemed unfit for human consumption. According to the chef and hamburger enthusiast, Jamie Oliver, who has undertaken a war against the fast food industry, “Basically, we’re taking a product that would be sold in the cheapest way for dogs, and after this process, is being given to human beings.”

Besides the low quality of the meat, the ammonium hydroxide is harmful to health. Oliver famously coined this the “the pink slime process.”

“Why would any sensible human being put meat filled with ammonia in the mouths of their children?” Oliver asked.

In one of his colorful demonstrations, Oliver demonstrates to children how nuggets are made. After selecting the best parts of the chicken, the remains (fat, skin and internal organs) are processed for these fried foods.

In reply to all of the bad press this process has received from Oliver, the company Arcos Dorados, the franchise manager for McDonalds in Latin America, said such a procedure is not practiced in their region. The same, it should  be noted, applies to the product in Ireland and the UK, where they use meat from local suppliers.

In the United States, however, Burger King and Taco Bell had already abandoned the use of ammonia in their products. The food industry uses ammonium hydroxide as an anti-microbial agent in meats, which has allowed McDonald’s to use otherwise “inedible meat.”

Most disturbing of all is the horrifying fact that because ammonium hydroxide is considered part of the “component in a production procedure” by the USDA, consumers may not know when the chemical is in their food.

On the official website of McDonald’s, the company claims that their meat is cheap because, while serving many people every day, they are able to buy from their suppliers at a lower price, and offer the best quality products. But if “pink slime” was really the “best quality” that McDonalds can muster in the US, then why were they able do better in Latin America and Europe? More to the point, why can they apparently do better now in the United States?

These questions remains unanswered by the franchise which has denied that the decision to change the recipe is related to Jamie Oliver’s campaign. On the site, McDonald’s has admitted that they have abandoned the beef filler from its burger patties.

http://worldtruth.tv/hamburger-chef-jamie-oliver-proves-mcdonalds-burgers-unfit-for-human-consumption/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 04:28:05 pm »

McDonald’s has admitted that they have abandoned the beef filler from its burger patties.

So they do in fact admit to selling a product that basically is unfit for human consumption, and admit they were manipulating the FDA process to do it, in order to present a product as something it isn't?  Roll Eyes

Wow.

I won't blame anybody if they decide McDonalds is unclean, seeing it's presented as a lie with the intent to deceive the customer.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 11:56:06 am »

http://www.infowars.com/mcdonalds-chicken-mcnuggets-found-to-contain-mysterious-fibers-hair-like-structures/
McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets found to contain mysterious fibers, hair-like structures
Mike Adams
Natural News
 August 16, 2013

Today we announce the first investigation conducted at the Natural News Forensic Food Laboratory, the new science-based research branch of Natural News where we put foods under the microscope and find out what’s really there.

Earlier today I purchased a 10-piece Chicken McNuggets from a McDonald’s restaurant in Austin, Texas. Under carefully controlled conditions, I then examined the Chicken McNuggets under a high-powered digital microscope, expecting to see only processed chicken bits and a fried outer coating.

But what I found instead shocked even me. I’ve seen a lot of weird stuff in my decade of investigating foods and nutrition, but I never expected to find this…

Strange fibers found embedded inside Chicken McNuggets

As the following photos show, the Chicken McNuggets were found to contain strange fibers that some people might say even resemble so-called “Morgellon’s.”

We found dark black hair-like structures sticking out of the nugget mass, as well as light blue egg-shaped structures with attached tail-like hairs or fibers.

These are shown in extreme detail in the photos below, taken on August 15, 2013 at the Natural News Forensic Food Lab. The actual Chicken McNugget samples used in these photos have been frozen for storage of forensic evidence.

We also found odd red coloring splotches in several locations, as well as a spherical green object that resembles algae.

We are not claiming or implying that these objects in any way make McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets unsafe to consume. We do, however, believe that this visual evidence may warrant an FDA investigation into the ingredient composition of Chicken McNuggets.

In particular, where are the hair-like structures coming from? This is especially important to answer, given that chickens do not have hair. Is there cross-species contamination in the processing of Chicken McNuggets? This question needs to be answered.

Share this story with everyone you know.

See my video at:

Or if YouTube censors the video, watch it at our free-speech video site, TV.naturalnews.com:
http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=151BC31144DF47CE1D85FB664CCC2A65

Microscopic photos reveal an alien-like landscape with weird shapes and fibers

Here are some of the photos from the Natural News Forensic Food Lab:

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 01:09:28 pm »

McDonald's to add Mighty Wings to national menu

Tongue

After months of testing in Chicago, McDonald’s is preparing for a nationwide rollout of its "Mighty Wings" next month, the company has confirmed. 

A McDonald’s restaurant franchisee first posted on Facebook that the chicken wings were set for their national debut Sept. 9, along with several other menu items: a Pralines and Crème McFlurry, Pumpkin Spice Latte and a Southwest Premium McWrap, according to industry website BurgerBusiness.com.  The post also said pumpkin hand pies were set to return for fall. The franchisee’s post was later deleted.

The company confirmed that Mighty Wings were indeed set to return, but declined to comment on the other items.

The chicken wings, which will come in 3, 5 and 10 pieces with a choice of 9 sauces, were tested in Chicago and Atlanta. The sauces include Chipotle Barbeque, Creamy Ranch, Honey or Hot Mustard, Spicy Buffalo, Sweet Chili, Sweet 'N Sour, Honey and Barbeque. The price will start at $2.99.

Mark Kalinowski, an analyst with investment firm Janney Capital Markets, said in a note Monday that McDonald’s moved this month to trademark the name "Mighty Wing."

The world's largest hamburger chain has been trying to introduce new menu items to spur sluggish sales. But the chain also releases some new items and re-introduces others seasonally.

The national Mighty Wing rollout is set to be completed by Sept. 24.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-mcdonalds-mighty-wings-20130826,0,1001599.story
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 05:49:58 am »

Just what is in that chicken nugget?

Stand-up comedians have long joked that some things, like the actual components of chicken nuggets, are better left mysterious.

Recently, Mississippi researchers found out why: two nuggets they examined consisted of 50 percent or less chicken muscle tissue, the breast or thigh meat that comes to mind when a customer thinks of "chicken."

The nuggets came from two national fast food chains in Jackson. The three researchers selected one nugget from each box, preserved, dissected and stained the nuggets, then looked at them under a microscope.

The first nugget was about half muscle, with the rest a mix of fat, blood vessels and nerves. Close inspection revealed cells that line the skin and internal organs of the bird, the authors write in the American Journal of Medicine.

The second nugget was only 40 percent muscle, and the remainder was fat, cartilage and pieces of bone.

"We all know white chicken meat to be one of the best sources of lean protein available and encourage our patients to eat it," lead author Dr. Richard D. deShazo of the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, said.

"What has happened is that some companies have chosen to use an artificial mixture of chicken parts rather than low-fat chicken white meat, batter it up and fry it and still call it chicken," deShazo told Reuters Health.

"It is really a chicken by-product high in calories, salt, sugar and fat that is a very unhealthy choice. Even worse, it tastes great and kids love it and it is marketed to them."

The nuggets he examined would be okay to eat occasionally, but he worries that since they are cheap, convenient and taste good, kids eat them often. His own grandchildren "beg" for chicken nuggets all the time, and he compromises by making them at home by pan-frying chicken breasts with a small amount of oil, deShazo said.

"Chicken nuggets are an excellent source of protein, especially for kids who might be picky eaters," said Ashley Peterson, vice president of scientific and regulatory affairs for the National Chicken Council (NCC), a non-profit trade group representing the U.S. chicken industry.

According to the NCC, its member producers and processors account for about 95 percent of the chicken produced in the U.S.

"This study evaluates only two chicken nugget samples out of the billions of chicken nuggets that are made every year," Peterson said. A sample size of two nuggets is simply too small to generalize to an entire category of food, she told Reuters Health.

Two nuggets is a small sample size, deShazo acknowledged, and some chains have begun to use primarily white meat in their nuggets - just not the particular restaurants he visited.

"Chicken nuggets tend to have an elevated fat content because they are breaded and fried. But it's no secret what is in a chicken nugget - most quick service restaurants have nutritional information posted in the store or on their website," Peterson said.

"And every package of chicken nuggets in the grocery store by law contains an ingredient list and a complete nutritional profile, including fat content," she said.

The brief chicken nugget exploration was not meant to be an exposé of the chicken industry or fast food generally, but to remind consumers that "not everything that tastes good is good for you," deShazo said.

He and his colleagues chose not to reveal which chain restaurants they visited.

Consumers aren't necessarily being misled, since much of the nutritional information they need is readily available, he said.

"We just don't take the time to understand basic nutritional facts."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/04/us-health-chickennugget-idUSBRE9930JG20131004
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 12:47:12 pm »

McDonald’s: Exploiting Charity to Deflect Criticism Reap Benefits
http://rinf.com/alt-news/breaking-news/mcdonalds-exploiting-charity-to-deflect-criticism-reap-benefits/

McDonald’s philanthropic activities have largely been self-serving, allowing the fast-food giant to score massive PR points with limited giving and continued marketing to children, a damning new report reveals.

A Ronald McDonald House float at a parade. (Photo: Nathan Rupert/cc/flickr) Authored by public health lawyer and Eat Drink Politics president Michele Simon, in collaboration with Corporate Accountability International and the Small Planet Fund, the report released Tuesday, “Clowning Around with Charity: How McDonald’s Exploits Philanthropy and Targets Children,” puts some common misconceptions about the corporation’s giving—which turns out to be 33 percent less than other leading corporations—to rest.

Case in point: Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC).

The report stresses the important cause and work of the charity that provides housing near hospitals so that families can be close to children receiving medical care. Because of the name, people may assume that they are entirely funded by the corporation. “It’s absolutely confusing,” RMHC of the Ozarks told the report researchers.

But the report calls it “a branded charity that is an extremely valuable PR mechanism.”

The report estimates that the corporation provides only 20 percent of RMHC’s revenue, and some of the money McDonald’s boasts of giving to the charity comes from donations from customers, who actually give 1.5 times more than the corporation.

“In attaching the Ronald McDonald name to a vitally important charity, McDonald’s gains an emotionally-loaded marketing vehicle while shielding itself from critics,” report author Simon said in a statement. “Because of how little the corporation donates to the cause, even local Ronald McDonald Houses told us the McDonald’s name is often a bigger liability than it’s worth.”

“I used to volunteer at a Ronald McDonald House Charity local house,” adds Dr. Richard Bruno of the Department of Family and Preventative Medicine, Johns Hopkins University. “There’s no question that the charities do incredibly valuable work—I talked to families that were so thankful for charities. But for me the tragedy is that these charities are linked to a corporation that is driving the obesity epidemic.”
“McDonald’s is using a charity that helps sick kids to perpetuate a brand that makes kids sick
,” he added.

Another part of the corporation’s self-serving philanthropy the report highlights is the recently scrutinized “McTeacher’s Nights”—events in which teachers work without pay at a local McDonald’s purportedly to raise funds for their schools. The report estimates that schools receive 15-20 percent of the profits from a three-to-four hour work shift.

But the rewards for the hours of selling and promoting the obesity-linked food turn out to about one dollar a child. Rewards for McDonald’s, however, include free labor and marketing in schools and to kids.

The scrutiny of McDonald’s charity is warranted, the report states, because it “has evolved to also serve as a convenient distraction from harmful practices,” and the corporation uses PR to direct attention to its supposed generosity while simultaneously engaging lobbyists to “block the public health policy reforms that could prevent many of the very problems McDonald’s contributes to.”

“The time has come to decouple the McDonald’s brand and mascot from charities supported by so many other sources,” stated Sara Deon, spokesperson for Corporate Accountability International.

“It’s shameful for McDonald’s to continue to associate its brand—one synonymous with today’s public health crisis—with an important charity committed to children’s wellbeing,” stated Deon.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 05:21:39 am »

McDonald’s McRib Sandwich a Franken Creation of GMOs, Toxic Ingredients, Banned Ingredients

It’s ‘McRib season’, and thousands across the nation are scrambling to use online websites like the ‘McRib locator‘ to stuff the McDonald’s McRib sandwich down their throats. A sandwich that is not only full of genetically modified ingredients, a medley of toxic fillers and preservatives, but also some ingredients that are actually banned in other nations around the world. But honestly, are you surprised?

The McRib is the result of intensive marketing by McDonald’s. Utilizing the basics of supply and demand through creating scarcity over the McRib by only unleashing the culinary abomination for a fraction of the year that is only known once it is released, McDonald’s fans have been known to ‘hoard’ McRib sandwiches and eat them in extreme excess. It’s even a topic of the popular documentary Super Size Me, where filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (who gorges himself with McDonald’s for 30 days only to find serious health consequences) encounters ‘McRib hunters’ who actually travel the country eating McRib sandwiches.

McDonald’s even made McRib fans sign a petition to ‘save the McRib’ online, bringing out a conglomerate of fans to bring back their favorite franken sandwich.

Oh No! McDonald’s Is Drawing Down a Highly Anticipated Seasonal Offering

You can never have too much of a good thing — and it looks like McDonald’s much-loved McRib may soon find out what that really means.

The fast food giant, which has been struggling to keep up with a raft of new menu items, says the McRib won’t be available nationally this year.

The fast-food chain says it’s leaving it up to local franchise groups to decide whether to offer the pork sandwich, which comes with pickles, onions and barbecue sauce. That’s a change from the past three years, when McDonald’s had put the McRib on the national menu as a way to boost sales in the back half of the year.

Now the company is going back to the days when the sandwich was a regional offering. The lack of widespread availability in years past in some regions helped give the sandwich a fabled status, with one fan even creating a McRib Locator to help people find the sandwich. The sandwich’s place in pop culture is also in part due to its unusual patty, which is shaped to look as though there are bones inside.

Tyler Litchenberger, a McDonald’s spokeswoman, said the company had “other national priorities” this year, such as its new Mighty Wings. She said franchises that decided to sell the McRib have had it for the past couple of weeks.

LItchenberger did not have details on how widely it would be available, but said Chicago and Dallas were among the major markets that are offering it.

McDonald’s Corp., based in Oak Brook, Ill., has been stepping up its pace of limited-time offers and new menu introductions over the past year. The strategy is seen as a way to keep customers interested amid intensifying competition. But Jeff Stratton, head of McDonald’s U.S. business, conceded last week that the pace has been too fast and created operational issues for restaurants.

In its latest quarter, McDonald’s said sales edged up just 0.7 percent at U.S. restaurants open at least a year. The company has been struggling to boost sales since late last year, when a key monthly sales figure fell for the first time in nearly a decade.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/21/oh-no-mcdonalds-is-drawing-down-a-highly-anticipated-seasonal-offering/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 12:06:03 pm »

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/01/08/mcdonalds-fast-food.aspx?e_cid=20140108Z1_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20140108Z1&et_cid=DM37276&et_rid=393096700
1/8/14
McDonald's Shuts Down Employee Website Advising Workers to Avoid Fast Food...

By Dr. Mercola

McDonald's is the poster child for the modern Western diet and all the health problems that it engenders. As a general rule, "food" was designed to supply your body with all the nutrients it needs.

Processing destroys many of the nutrients and is the primary contribution to most of the chronic degenerative diseases many experience today. I would also argue that food processed to the point of not decomposing after more than a decade is not actually real food and shouldn't be consumed...

Ironically, the fast food giant recently ended up with a PR nightmare after suggesting its own employees forgo fast food fare for healthier options like salad and water. As reported by Business Insider:

"Several excerpts from the posts, which were created from a third-party vendor, warned against the negative effects of fast food, even going so far as labeling a cheeseburger and fries, core items on its menu, as an 'unhealthy choice.'"

The site also warned employees that fast-food meals are "almost always high" in calories, fat, sugar, and salt—and rightfully so, I might add. Warning employees of the health hazards of the very food they produce and serve, however, does not make for good PR.

In response to the controversy, McDonald's shut down the website in question, which was aimed at providing "work and life advice" to employees. According to a company spokesman, the information was "taken out of context," thereby generating "unwarranted scrutiny and inappropriate commentary." Employees will still be able to receive work and life advice over the phone.

Is Fast Food Giant Skirting Social Responsibilities?

McDonald's has received a variety of unflattering attention lately. Last month, fast food workers around the US rallied in protest of low wages, demanding the hourly wage to be raised to $15 per hour.

At present, the average fast food worker makes less than $9 per hour, and according to a recent study by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, more than 50 percent of US fast food workers are enrolled in some form of public assistance program, costing US tax payers an estimated at $7 billion annually.

You might be asking yourself why you're being forced to subsidize fast food profits, especially when you consider that such foods are at the heart of our current health crisis...

Contrary to popular belief, nearly 70 percent of fast food workers are actually adults, and the main wage earners in their family. Gone are the days when fast food joints were staffed primarily with high school students. This too, I believe, is a sign of how the food culture has changed in this country.

Fast food restaurants are a primary source of food for a lot of people these days. British chef Jamie Oliver is but one vocal "real food" advocate who addresses this issue head-on, pointing out that our food culture has changed so drastically over the last 30 years that a majority of today's youth do not even know what fresh, whole food is.

Fast food restaurant work is also full-time employment—if not a career, albeit a poor-paying one—for many. Case in point: Nancy Salgado, a single mother, claims she still makes $8.25 after working for McDonald's for a decade! The following video went viral last October, when Salgado was threatened with arrest for shouting out a protest during a talk given by McDonald's president Jeff Stratton.

"It's really hard for me to feed my two kids and struggle day to day. Do you think this is fair, that I have to be making $8.25 when I have worked for McDonald's for 10 years?" she shouts.

How Government Farm Subsidies Have Created a Disease-Ridden Country

There's little doubt that the Western diet, high in ultra-processed food, is a major source of many of our modern diseases. McDonald's and other fast food restaurants are not necessarily the root of the problem, though. They're simply an outgrowth of the food system created and upheld by the US government.

As you can see below, US food subsidies are grossly skewed toward factory-farmed meats, grains, and sugars, with very little fresh fruits and vegetables or healthy fats from nuts and seeds. What you end up with when you get paid to mass produce those ingredients is a cheap fast food diet.

The following chart was published by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine4 (PCRM) back in 2007, yet little has changed since then. The fact that a hamburger can be had for less than an organic salad is a major contributing factor to why fast food is consumed as frequently as it is. The same goes for soda, loaded with cheap high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), compared to a bottle of plain water.

Needless to say, if your diet consists of burgers and super-size sodas, your meals may be cheap, but it is also excessively high in grains, sugars, and factory-farmed meats. This is a recipe for obesity, diabetes, and heart disease, just to name a few of the conditions that commonly befall those who consume "the Standard American Diet."

Tellingly, in contrast to third-world countries, in the US, higher rates of obesity is actually linked to poverty, suggesting that the American "poor man's diet" (which tends to be exceptionally high in processed foods and fast food) has a drastic and adverse impact on your metabolism. Indeed, many on the most limited food budgets, such as those who receive food assistance dollars, live in "food deserts"—areas without grocery stores, and perhaps only a convenience store or a fast-food restaurant where they can purchase their food.

The Food Lobby Wields Great Power Over Public Health...

Thanks to the tireless efforts of the powerful food lobby, Congress keeps subsidizing foods that we really should be eating LESS of – including factory farmed meats and corn (which ends up as HFCS that is used in nearly every single processed food and sweet beverage on the market.) The farm bill also has a direct impact on what your child gets fed in school, and what food assistance programs will distribute to poorer households.

I believe many of our society's chronic health problems could be resolved if attention was paid, at the highest levels of government, to the root problem – our agricultural subsidies. If growers of subsidized fresh vegetables were in a clear majority, you might start to see some fine advertising campaigns promoting the consumption of those veggies.

Unfortunately, the Department of Agriculture is deeply entrenched with the agri-business, and current legislations protect the profits of these large industries at the expense of public health. Sadly, you also see this influence in nutrition science. It is actually not designed to help you make sound dietary choices but rather to allow food companies to make health claims to increase profits, and this is a primary reason why you cannot get sound dietary advice from the US government.

Processed Food Contains Many Potentially Dangerous Ingredients

I've written numerous articles highlighting the hazards of specific fast food fare, and why such heavily processed foods cannot be considered "real food." This includes:

•Chicken McNuggets, which have made it into mainstream news on a number of occasions because of the potentially hazardous additives they contain.
•Soda can contain any number of health harming substances, from high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) to benzene and aspartame.
•French fries are loaded with the worst types of fat on the planet -- typically highly refined and genetically modified omega-6 oils, such as corn, canola, and soybean oils.

Thankfully, the FDA recently announced it may remove trans fats found in margarine, vegetable shortening, and partially hydrogenated vegetable oils from the list of "generally recognized as safe" (GRAS) ingredients. This would be the first step toward ridding the American diet of this harmful fat.

•McDonald's seasonally-available McRib sandwich contains more than 70 ingredients, including a chemical used in gym shoes. And the pork is actually a restructured meat product made from the less expensive innards and scraps from the pig.

It's quite clear that fast food leads to obesity and insulin resistance. As demonstrated in one 15-year long study,5 eating fast food just twice a week can make you gain 10 pounds and double your risk of developing insulin resistance, compared to eating it less than once a week. The bottom line is that if you want to stay healthy, and keep your children healthy, you have to avoid fast food and other processed foods, and invest some time in your kitchen, cooking from scratch.

What Makes for a Healthy Diet?

I firmly believe that the primary keys for successful weight management and optimal health are:

1.Severely restricting carbohydrates (refined sugars, fructose, and grains) in your diet
2.Increasing healthy fat consumption
3.Unlimited consumption of non starchy vegetables. Because they are so low calorie, the majority of the food on your plate will be vegetables
4.Limit the use of protein to less than one half gram per pound of body weight

Healthful fat can be rich in calories, but these calories will not affect your body in the same way as calories from non-vegetable carbs. As explained by Dr. Robert Lustig, fructose in particular is "isocaloric but not isometabolic." This means you can have the same amount of calories from fructose or glucose, fructose and protein, or fructose and fat, but the metabolic effect will be entirely different despite the identical calorie count. Eating dietary fat isn't what's making you pack on the pounds. It's the sugar/fructose and grains that are adding the padding.

So please, don't fall for the low-fat myth, as this too is a factor in the rise in chronic health problems such as heart disease and Alzheimer's. Your brain, heart, and cardiovascular system need healthy fat for optimal functioning. In fact, emerging evidence suggests most people need at least half of their daily calories from healthy fat, and possibly as high as 85 percent. My personal diet is about 70-80 percent healthy fat. Add to that a small to medium amount of high-quality protein and plenty of vegetables. You actually need very few carbs besides vegetables. However, by volume the largest portion of my plate is clearly vegetables.

Take Control of Your Diet and Your Health

I don't think fast food companies like McDonald's are as clueless about the health impact of their food as they would like you to believe. And advising their employees to forgo fast food fare and soda for more wholesome food is indeed good advice. The thing is, it's advice that applies to every single one of their customers as well... Healthy eating is actually far easier than most people think. Here's a quick and dirty summary: if you're new to healthful living, these four basic steps can put you on the right path toward vastly improved health, regardless of what your government's dietary guidelines are:

•Focus on raw, fresh foods, and avoid as many processed foods as possible (for those who still have trouble understanding what "processed food" is: if it comes in a can, bottle, or package, and has a list of ingredients, it's processed)
•Avoid foods that contain fructose (check the label for ingredients like corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup)
•Limit or eliminate grain carbohydrates, and replace them with healthful fats, such as avocados, butter made from raw grass-fed organic milk, grass-fed meats, and organic pastured eggs, coconuts and coconut oil, and raw nuts such as macadamia
•Replace sodas and other sweetened beverages with clean, pure water
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 12:25:43 pm »

Fast food restaurants are a primary source of food for a lot of people these days. British chef Jamie Oliver is but one vocal "real food" advocate who addresses this issue head-on, pointing out that our food culture has changed so drastically over the last 30 years that a majority of today's youth do not even know what fresh, whole food is.

Even though for a time, the wife and I both worked as cooks, she does the cooking in our house because she really enjoys cooking and baking. SO that means she tends to take stuff to work. It gets kinda crazy at the holiday season. Anyway, she takes also her lunch from dinner before or something she made. We RARELY eat any fast food or sit down stuff. We cook at home. Delivered pizza is about it. Needless to say, co-workers are nosy and want to know what she has, if they can taste it, thus she has developed a bit of a following, people asking how she made this or that. They fight over her peanut butter crunch bars!

Anyway, she has found just how much people don't cook, and really, how clueless they are about cooking in general, especially the under 30 crowd. CLUELESS! It's obvious they eat prepared foods, and hardly ever actually make a meal instead of unwrapping it! She has told some how to make something, and they complain theirs isn't the same, yet they admit eventually they didn't use the same ingredients as the recipe! DUH. Ya GOT to follow the recipe or you'll get something else.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 12:13:08 am »

http://www.policymic.com/articles/44423/10-professions-that-attract-the-most-sociopaths
10 Professions That Attract the Most Sociopaths
5/26/13

Our notions of good and evil are as malleable and evolving as the society around us. Whereas once we used to burn opinionated women as witches, or assume seizures were a sure sign of demonic possessions — we now rely on scientific inquiry and skepticism to define the world around us. This has led to a wide array of psychological categories, groups and behaviors through which we self-identify: Introvert, type A, depressed, delusional, egotistical or sociopath!

There are still ongoing disputes in field of psychiatry, and the inner workings of the mind remain a great scientific mystery yet to be fully explored. However, when it comes to sociopathy, we seem to have a somewhat functioning definition: a lack of empathy, emotions, or ability to identify with others coupled with a superficial charm, persuasiveness, focus, and egomania.

It might surprise some to learn, however, that the vast majority of sociopaths aren't killers lurking in the shadows. Most of them are walking around among us, immersed in careers that nurture their psychological traits, and in some cases even reward them.

Here are the top ten jobs that attract sociopaths, according to author Kevin Dutton:

1. CEO

With the heartless greed and sadistic ambition displayed on Wall street since the 2008 financial collapse, it may come as no surprise that the first place on the list goes to the modern-age equivalent of a pharaoh. Capitalist positions of leadership offer power, autonomy, command, and status — a perfect battlefield for the ambitious and ruthless to compete. Where once pyramids littered the dessert in tribute to vain kings, we now have skyscrapers and corporate logos filling the clouds above

2. Lawyer

Lawyers cloak themselves in the language of their field, making the laymen reliant on their expertise to survive in a courtroom. In the fog of legalese linguistics and glibly twisted logic, you better pray your lawyer is the most bloodthirsty of the two. There's a reason Shakespeare hated them so much, and why they continue to be the butt of so many jokes. Lawyers have a reputation for distorting the systems of equality, specifically for the purposes of ensuring their financial success. For every white knight district attorney looking to uphold the pillars of justice, you are sure to find a handful of bleak-hearted cynics and cutthroats.

3. Media

If our collective society is a living organism, where better for the egomaniac to reside than on the radio or TV? To be the voice of the people, the face of their information and entertainment, and to influence our collective minds. Of course, once your self-worth becomes invariably tied to your ratings and popularity, you're in for an eventual downfall of depression and despair.

4. Salesperson

In a numbers game, there's no room for emotion. Who has the greatest mental prowess? Manipulative charm? Who can wield the finest array of half-truths to convince a customer and close a sale? For those who like to compete for status and feed an ego through the defeat of colleagues, there is no better place to be than sales.

5. Surgeon

The field of surgery offers more than the power of life and death. It's a clinical world of high-pressure stakes, where decisions must be made without emotion. What job nurtures a bigger power complex, than one where you can cut people open on a daily basis, tinker with their frail internal mechanics, and aggrandize your status as a giver or taker of life?

6. Journalist

Much in the same way that media attracts the egomaniac, journalism (and writing in general) can draw those who wish to be revered from a distance. The ability to embed ideas and conversations in paper, and have them be absorbed en masse by readers, has only grown with the proliferation of the Internet. Now everyone with a phone, ipad, laptop or Google glasses can connect to an instantaneous world of information that stretches across the planet in seconds. The champions of that information are the self-appointed revealers of "truth" – constantly seeking to influence others through their articulation and mental prowess.

7. Policeman

The power of life and death on your hip, a badge of authority on your chest, a uniform of distinction, and a really loud siren! Everyone’s familiar with the stereotype of a bad cop — those officers who readily abuse their power, resent the people they are meant to protect, and use cold-hearted superiority to justify their viciousness. It's an unfortunate reality that some of the biggest criminals lurk among those who've sworn to uphold the law.

8. Clergyman

What better way to fulfill your God complex than become one his messengers? If you embody and speak for the higher forces of the universe, people’s admiration and congregation around you will constantly stroke the darkest portions of your vanity — at least until they catch you abusing children. It's no wonder religions have veered away from monastic humility towards gaudy temples of lavish gold and marble.

9. Chef

There are few things we do on a daily basis that are more intimate than eating food. The sustenance we put in our body can heal us, warm us, increase our pleasure and decrease our stress. It can also poison us, infect us or outright kill us. The seduction and love of food is very powerful — and controlling it, corrupting it, or being worshipped for creating it can greatly appeal to the egomaniac

10. Civil Servant

Whether you're a minor-level bureaucrat suffocating the masses in red tape protocol, a hair-piece smiling robot claiming to embody the American dream, or a hypocrite ranting about moral platitudes while keeping your gay sex slave locked in your closet — there’s always plenty of room for sociopaths in the political arena.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 06:51:50 am »

McDonald’s Just Introduced an Absolutely Terrifying New Happy Meal Mascot

It's staring into your SOUL

If McDonald’s truly wanted its pint-sized customer base to make healthier choices, then why in the name of all things holy would it make its brand new brand ambassador for “balanced and wholesome eating” look like this:

This big toothed, bug-yet-somehow-still-squinty-eyed character’s name is Happy. And if you have the power of sight, you might have noticed that he is absolutely terrifying. The social media reaction hasn’t been too positive:

rest+comments: http://time.com/105363/mcdonalds-happy-mascot-looks-terrifying/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 06:52:40 am »

if you stare at it, it is seems like its left eye is twitching every now and then.  Shocked  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 06:24:07 am »

McDonald's July sales fell more than expected

McDonald's on Friday reported July sales results that were much worse than analysts had expected.

Following the report, the company's shares traded lower. (Click here for the latest quote.)

The fast-food giant reported global same-store sales fell 2.5 percent, compared with the 1.1 percent drop forecast by Consensus Metrix.

The dismal results prompted Janney Capital Markets to lower its estimates for the fast-food giant. Its analysts said the results "were the worst worldwide month in the last 10 years, once trading-day adjustments are taken into account

In the Asia/Pacific, Middle East, and Africa region, sales were down 7.3 percent in the month, where a drop of just 0.5 percent had been expected.

Same-store sales in the U.S. sank 3.2 percent, weaker than the 2.6 percent expected.

RBC Capital Markets analysts blamed the poor U.S. sales on a lack of new items.

"We believe McDonald's U.S. is focusing hard on operations as a way to bolster growth during peak hours and set the table for future innovation. That said, sales are suffering in the interim with the lack of significant new product news and unsuccessful promotional activity..." analysts wrote in a note.

RBC does not anticipate a large sales boost in the near-term from mobile payments and loyalty programs, although it remains a big opportunity, analysts said.

In Europe, the company's only bright spot, sales rose 0.5 percent, compared to expectations of a 0.7 percent drop.

Last month, McDonald's said full-year comparable-store sales were expected to be relatively flat in light of a stagnant informal eating out category, competition, consumer price sensitivity and cost pressure.

"However, as a result of the China supplier issue, the Company's global comparable sales forecast for 2014 is now at risk," McDonald's wrote in the release.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101884114
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 05:59:52 pm »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/found-something-gross-mcdonalds-chicken-170438548.html
I Found Something Gross On My McDonald's Chicken Sandwich And I'm Never Eating There Again
9/16/14

I recently got a firsthand reminder of how quickly a company can destroy its brand and future business with an individual customer.

With a restaurant, especially, all it takes is one bad — and badly handled — experience, and the customer may be gone for good.

Around midnight on Wednesday, Sept. 3rd I went to the McDonald's at 946 8th Ave and 56th Street in Manhattan. After my experience there I'll never eat at the chain again.

I began the night at a party with a friend. Afterwards, we were exhausted. We were also starving, so we went to McDonald's because it's convenient and open late.

I ordered a Southern Style Chicken sandwich meal (I've had this before). My order didn't come out immediately, so we picked out a table and waited.

When the food arrived, I opened up the bun. I'm not sure why. When I looked inside, I saw there was a white substance on the pickles, the bun, and at the edge of the chicken patty.

I knew there had to be a mistake. I've had this meal before and the sandwich is served plain with a buttered bun.

I took the sandwich back to the counter. When I told the cashier without being explicit what I thought the substance looked like, she laughed and said it was "tartar sauce."

The cashier asked if I wanted another sandwich without tartar sauce. I accepted.

My second sandwich arrived to my table. I inspected it and it looked OK. I ate it.

The next morning, with the help of a friend and some Googling, I determined that the whatever was on my sandwich was definitely not tartar sauce. McDonald's tartar sauce includes pickle relish, which was definitely not in the substance I saw on my meal.

I sent an email with the photograph to McDonald's corporate public relations. That afternoon, Linda Dunham, the owner of the 56th Street and 8th Avenue location, called me at my desk.

Dunham's  late husband opened the first McDonald's  in New York City. She is also  the chair of Ronald McDonald House Charities  and she owns and operates multiple McDonald's restaurants in NYC.

During our first phone call, she apologized and explained that there's not supposed to be tartar sauce or mayo on that sandwich. She said she would look into it.

I called her back the following Tuesday afternoon when I still had not heard from her.

"I apologize that I didn't get back to you yesterday," said Dunham. "What I did do is I watched some of the product being prepared and you know I don't see– other than occasionally– I don't know whether it's the grease that caused it or something like a little balloon that comes up and sometimes it has a little more white in it, but there's absolutely nothing that we add to that product other than butter."

I asked her why the cashier would have called it "tartar sauce."

"I could not explain that behavior," Dunham continued. "I don't think she knew. She only works the front counter. She doesn't work in the back. I don't think she understood or knew."

She went on to say that late at night a limited number of people work in the store but that she doesn't know who was cooking. Dunham also said that they have cameras that cover part of the kitchen, but not every part.

She assured me that she didn't think anyone did anything intentional to the sandwich.

"I've been in the restaurant industry for 30 some years," said Dunham. "I've never ever ever ever ever known an employee to do something like that. That is ruining number one, a brand. That's also a person's job on the line."

Dunham said that it was a "safe product" and that she'd never gotten a complaint like mine.

Well, McDonald's was responsive, at least. But I'm not satisfied with the explanation. And I'm still never eating there again.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 07:32:15 pm »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/taco-bell-mcdonalds-meals-look-192415924.html
1/7/15
What Taco Bell And McDonald's Meals Look Like After 2 Years Of Just Sitting There

Jessica Freed A Michigan chiropractor has been saving a Taco Bell chicken taco and McDonald's cheeseburger with fries for two years, and none of the items have appeared to rot.

Dr. Jaqueline Vaughn purchased the meals in early 2013 and put them on display in her office, Vaughn Chiropractic, in Waterford, Michigan.

The meals have remained there ever since, sitting uncovered next to the patient sign-in sheet.

None of the food has grown mold or started to smell, according to Jessica Freed, a chiropractic assistant who works in the office.

Jessica Freed "You would think there would at least be bugs coming around, but we don't see any at all," Freed told Business Insider.

She said the office displays the food to remind patients that fast food is unhealthy.

"Fast food is just terrible for you," she said. "We  are showing our patients that it won't mold and even the bugs won't touch it."

Jessica Freed Stories about McDonald's hamburgers  that last years before rotting  are frequently cited as evidence that fast food is loaded with preservatives.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 09:28:18 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=30598
NEW MCDONALD’S “SAUSAGE” BURRITO HAS OVER 100 INGREDIENTS INCLUDING CHEMICAL USED IN FIREWORKS
2/6/15

A MCDONALD’S SAUSAGE BURRITO CERTAINLY PROMISES TO FIRE YOU UP FOR THE DAY, WITH MORE THAN 100 INGREDIENTS INCLUDING ONE CHEMICAL COMPOUND USED IN FIREWORKS

A new behind-the-scenes video reveals that although the liquid egg in the sandwich originates from a farm in Michigan, it is mixed with twenty other components before flash frozen and reheated at restaurants.

Among the scrambled egg mix is carboxymethyl cellulose – a binding compound found in denture adhesivesand sodium benzoate, which is also used in fireworks to produce a whistling sound.

Both ingredients are commonly used in the processed food industry as a cheap way of thickening and preserving goods. The other components of the McDonald’s breakfast burrito include ‘pre-cooked sausage crumbles.’ Thankfully the brown-colored nodules do contain pork.

But the niblets are blended with various other substances including propyl gallate – an antioxidant preservative also used in a wide variety of lipsticks and shower gel.

After the egg and pork is combined, a layer of  processed American cheese is melted on top.

Soy lecithin – which some suggest triggers weight fluctuations and gastrointestinal problems – is added to the milk, cream, water and ‘cheese culture’ blend, in a bid to stop the cheesy slices from getting stuck together in storage.

Finally, the egg, sausage and cheese is wrapped up in a tortilla wrap by chefs. In a bid to extend the shelf life of the flour product, a number of preservatives are added during the factory baking process.

And hey presto, a McDonald’s Sausage Burrito is served.

The finished breakfast meal  contains 300 calories, 12 grams of protein and 790 milligrams of sodium – more than one third of the recommended daily intake.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revelation 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 12:06:11 pm »

McDonald’s Gives Free Vaccines With Happy Meals In Texas
Would you like a hepatitis A shot with your Happy Meal?

Would you like a side of hepatitis A shot with your Happy Meal? As it turns out, your child may just be able to receive a number of significant vaccinations at your local McDonald’s on behalf of the Department of Public Health.

I was just as shocked as you are when I heard news from an email tip that one reader’s local McDonald’s was launching a ‘free vaccination’ program alongside their fast food marketing campaign, and I was reasonably skeptical that even McDonald’s would launch such a strange combination. Especially when consider the extreme financial downfall that the company is experiencing as millions abandon their fake food amid public knowledge over the true extent of their synthetic ingredient list.

As it turns out, however, numerous Texas newspapers and outlets have documented the ‘free McDonald’s vaccine’ events that have popped up in Amarillo. It was, and is, very real. Amarillo.com details the event that first occurred years ago, writing:

“The city of Amarillo’s Department of Public Health and the Caring for Children Foundation of Texas will offer free vaccinations for children from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at McDonald’s restaurant, 1815 S. Grand St.

The vaccinations will include meningococcal vaccine, which is required for seventh- and eighth-graders and for college students residing in campus housing; the varicella vaccine, which is required for kindergarten and first grade and for seventh- and eighth-graders; the Tdap vaccine booster required for seventh- and eighth-graders; MMR vaccine for kindergarten and first grade; and hepatitis A, required for kindergarten and first grade.

Parents and guardians are asked to bring immunization records, and children under 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.”

And that is one of the older reports detailing the events. There is not much press coverage on the programs that are reportedly being rolled out in 2015. Various sites have already been reporting on the new McDonald’s vaccine campaigns that readers say are popping up around the Amarillo area.

Would you get your child a round of booster shots with your next Happy Meal?

Read more: http://naturalsociety.com/mcdonalds-gives-free-vaccines-happy-meals-texas/#ixzz3SDQCG7vo
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 02:06:58 pm »

McDonald’s launches Big Mac fashion and lifestyle line

Cheesy what a tool

Can we supersize those Big Mac pajamas?

McDonald's has launched a clothing and lifestyle line that includes thermals, raincoats, wallpaper and sheets — all with the same Big Macs-on-white pattern.

It debuted in Sweden on Tuesday.

"Finally the hamburger of hamburgers can keep you warm at night," the listing for the $47 linens reads.

For now, only the Swedes are lovin’ it — this Big Mac Shop doesn’t ship to McDonald’s homeland for now.

Profits from the McFashion pieces benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities.

The beefy collection is part of the fast food giant's "imlovinit 24" marketing campaign, which involved 24 McDonald's-themed stunts in 24 cities over 24 hours. This included a giant coffee-cup-shaped ball pit in Sydney and a free Ne-Yo concert in Los Angeles.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/mcdonald-launches-big-mac-fashion-lifestyle-collection-article-1.2163002
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 11:25:19 pm »

Mythbusters host becoming food ingredient activist by revealing crazy ingredients in McDonald's fries

French fries: a basic combination of potatoes, cooking oil and salt, right? Not at McDonald's, where a shocking 19 ingredients go into the U.S. version of the chain's "World Famous Fries," which based on their contents are more chemicals than actual food.

Mythbusters host Grant Imahara recently toured the factory in Idaho where McDonald's fries are concocted, revealing some shocking facts about this popular junk food favorite. Not only are McDonald's fries loaded with GMOs, but they're also packed with trans fats, chemical stabilizers, preservatives and other health-destroying garbage.

And if you were under the impression that McDonald's fries are somehow vegetarian and/or gluten-free, you're sadly mistaken. The official ingredients list reveals the presence of wheat, milk and beef derivatives, as well as other random additives derived from petroleum and silicone.

The full ingredients list as uncovered during the segment is as follows:

Potatoes
    Canola oil
    Soybean oil
    Hydrogenated soybean oil
    Natural beef flavor
    Hydrolyzed wheat
    Hydrolyzed milk
    Citric acid
    Dimethylpolysiloxane
    Dextrose
    Sodium and pyrophosphate
    Salt
    Canola oil
    Corn oil
    Soybean oil
    Hydrogenated soybean oil
    TBHQ (tertiary butylhydroquinone)
    Citric acid
    Dimethylpolysiloxane

McDonald's fries fried in poison twice, investigation reveals
The reason some of these ingredients are listed twice is because McDonald's fries are fried twice -- once at the factory and again in the restaurant. So consumers are getting double the amount of hydrogenated GMO poison every time they dine at one of the chain's thousands of locations.

TBHQ, a preservative agent added to keep McDonald's fries looking and tasting like actual food, is derived from the same petrol chemicals that you pump in your gas tank. And dimethylpolysiloxane, as you may recall, is the same silly putty chemical that we reported is also used in McDonald's Chicken McNuggets to keep them from foaming -- it performs the same function in the fries.

The initial process of producing McDonald's fries is fairly standard. Potatoes are peeled, cut and blanched before being blasted through a cutter at up to 70 miles per hour, creating the iconic thin sticks which we're all used to. But it's what happens next that will probably disgust you.

During the first frying sequence, McDonald's fries are coated in a blend of canola, soybean and hydrogenated soybean oils -- all of which are probably genetically modified -- as well as the beef, wheat and milk additives. They are also given a bath in citric acid, which typically comes from GMO sources, as well as the silly putty chemical.

In order to make the fries appear golden and edible as opposed to bland or even gray in color, a shower of dextrose, a refined sugar additive, is applied to the small sticks. Sodium acid pyrophosphate is also applied to make the fries, which are quite old by the time they reach stores, look fresh and desirable.

After being fried at the factory, McDonald's fries are flash frozen, bagged and shipped out to stores where they are submerged in a GMO bath once again, complete with trans fats, before being salted with processed, artery-damaging salt and served to customers.

When all is said and done, the final product contains 510 calories, 6 grams of protein, 24 grams of fat -- nearly all bad fats, mind you -- 67 grams of carbohydrates and 290 milligrams of sodium.

Oddly enough, if you live in the UK and eat McDonald's fries, you aren't consuming nearly as many chemicals and poisons. A "Food Babe" investigation -- like the Health Ranger, the Food Babe has helped pave the way for increasing transparency of what's contained in the food supply -- revealed that UK McDonald's fries contain only potatoes, vegetable oil (not hydrogenated) and salt, and they're fried only once in the store.

Sources:

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/048535_French_fries_McDonalds_Mythbusters.html#ixzz3xC3b0ZOR
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 06:26:02 pm »

She's not lovin' it! Woman shares a photo of a McDonald's cheeseburger and fries that hasn't rotted in TEN YEARS (and the internet is disgusted)

Reddit user posted a photo of decade-old burger and fries from April 2006
The food isn't mouldy and doesn't look decayed or rotted - just dried out
Commenters said that the food's high salt content preserved it 

When you buy a McDonald's burger, you might think that it's not very good for you - but you'd probably never imagine that it would last for 10 years without rotting.

A Reddit user, believed to be from the US, posted a photo of a McDonald's burger and fries that were 10 years old this month - and it looked like it could have been bought only a few days ago.

While the food does look dry and hard, there is no visible mould and it doesn't appear to have decayed in any way.

Scroll down for video

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3559112/McDonald-s-cheeseburger-chips-hasn-t-rotted-TEN-YEARS.html#ixzz46yhpemGH

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 07:38:52 pm »

26 secrets the fast food industry doesn’t want you to know
http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/casual/26-secrets-the-fast-food-industry-doesn%e2%80%99t-want-you-to-know/ss-AAhdxEK?ocid=spartandhp#image=27
6/18/16
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 02:51:05 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-expected-name-cke-restaurants-ceo-head-labor-153926524--finance.html
Trump's Labor Dept pick sends early warning sign to worker advocates
12/8/16

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Donald Trump will name fast-food executive Andy Puzder to head the U.S. Department of Labor, according to a source familiar with the matter, in an appointment likely to antagonize organized labor.

Puzder, chief executive of CKE Restaurants Inc [APOLOT.UL], which operates the Carl's Jr. and Hardee's fast-food chains, has been a vociferous critic of government regulation of the workplace.

Puzder frequently publishes commentary and gives television interviews in which he argues that higher minimum wages would hurt workers by forcing restaurants to close, and praises the benefits of automation in the fast-food industry.

Fast-food workers, who are largely not unionized, are engaged in a multi-year campaign known as the "Fight for $15," which is supported by labor unions, to raise minimum wages to $15 per hour. They have had state-wide successes in New York and California and in cities and municipalities such as Seattle.

The selection of Puzder, first reported by the Wall Street Journal, was expected to be announced soon, the source said. The Labor Department regulates wages, safety and discrimination in the workplace.

Trump transition spokesman Jason Miller, when asked on a daily briefing call about Puzder, did not address him directly but said there would be "additional cabinet information" released later on Thursday. Puzder declined to comment via a spokesman.

Republican Trump beat Democrat Hillary Clinton in last month's election by carrying swing states - and some traditionally Democratic states - in the U.S. Rust Belt after promising to create jobs and to review or cancel trade deals that he said were bad for workers.

During the election campaign, national labor leaders had urged their rank-and-file members to back Clinton, saying Trump's appointments and policies would not align with his promises to workers.

Labor leaders have been girding for Trump to appoint pro-business regulators at the Labor Department and National Labor Relations Board, and to roll back key regulatory initiatives of the Obama administration such as a Labor Department rule granting overtime pay to more than 4 million salaried workers, both unionized and not unionized.

"He was talking a good game when he was running for president, as far as helping workers and leveling the playing field for them, but with the nominations he's made it's just the opposite," Lee Saunders, president of the public employees union AFSCME, said.

Although just 11.1 percent of U.S. workers were represented by a union in 2015 - down from 20.1 percent in 1983, the first year government statistics were kept - labor unions are a powerful force in Democratic politics. But union members' support for Clinton at the election was lower than it had been for President Barack Obama four years ago.

About 51 percent of voters from union households backed Clinton, with 42 percent supporting Trump, a CNN exit poll showed. Obama won 58 percent of the same voters in his 2012 re-election win against Republican Mitt Romney.

Lawrence Mishel, president of the left-leaning Economic Policy Institute, said Trump's promises to workers are "at stake" if he names Puzder to head the Labor Department.

Robert Cresanti, president of the International Franchise Association, an industry group, praised Puzder in a statement as an "exceptional choice" who would bring "business experience and policy acumen on so many issues impacting employers and employees."

DISPUTE WITH UNION LEADER

Trump's decision to pick Puzder comes as he is engaged in a Twitter dispute with the head of a local United Steelworkers union in Indiana.

United Steelworkers Local 1999 President Chuck Jones, who represents workers at United Technologies Corp's Carrier plant in Indianapolis, criticized Trump for inflating the number of jobs that would be saved by his intervention in the company's decision to move some production to Mexico.

Trump responded on Twitter that Jones has done a "terrible job representing workers."

Jones said after speaking to the company that 800 jobs will remain in Indianapolis and 730 of those will be union jobs, with another 70 management positions. But Trump said last week that a deal made by Indiana to give the company $7 million in tax breaks would keep 1,100 jobs in the region.

"Our people, at that point in time, got their hopes back up that they might have a job," Jones told CNBC on Thursday. "I’ve said at every interview that I’m grateful for President-elect Trump getting involved … without his involvement these 800 jobs would not remain in Indianapolis."

"All he had to do is come back and say I was misled by (United Technologies) ... instead of doing that he goes on the attack on me?" Jones added. Jones has said some of the president-elect's supporters sent him death threats.

Leo Gerard, head of the national United Steelworkers union, said during a Capitol Hill press conference that Jones was "simply clarifying" what most affected his local union members.

"As far I am concerned, Chuck Jones is a very effective local union president," Gerard said.

When asked about Puzder, Gerard criticized the fast-food executive for speaking out against a higher minimum wage.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: