End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 12:05:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Why does the MSM keep outing "christian" companies??

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does the MSM keep outing "christian" companies??  (Read 467 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2011, 06:19:16 am »

This is like the third article i have seen from the MSM outing christian companies. I can find no reason for these articles.

10 religious companies (besides Chick-fil-A)
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/07/7-religious-companies-besides-chick-fil-a/

By Dan Gilgoff, CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Update Tuesday 10:30 a.m. - After getting more suggestions from readers and experts, I've expanded the list from 7 to 10, with the three additions up top.

A Chicken Chain’s Corporate Ethos Is Questioned by Gay Rights Advocates
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/us/30chick.html?_r=1&hpw

Any ideas? or maybe where they are going with these articles?
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 06:47:28 am »

Pure hypocrisy: In order to value diversity, we must discriminate

“Chick-Fil-A has no place on Indiana University Bloomington’s campus, A campus that values diversity!” – Tagline for the “Kick Chic-Fil-A off IUB’s Campus!” group on Facebook.

OK, so let me get this straight: In order for Indiana University Bloomington to value diversity, we must practice discrimination by banning Chick-fil-A from campus for holding opinions that are not approved by militant homosexuals. Somehow, I am pretty sure that discrimination does not honor diversity and tolerance.

Militant homosexuals claim to want “tolerance,” but that is a fraud. What they actually demand is acceptance. If you do not accept homosexuality as a moral choice, you must be censored and/or punished. This is a very intolerant way of dealing with disagreement, but this is nothing new for militant homosexuals at Indiana University.

rest: http://hoosieraccess.com/2011/05/25/pure-hypocrisy-in-order-to-value-diversity-we-must-discriminate/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+delicious%2Fgqlf+%28Christian+Headlines+Top+Headlines%29
Report Spam   Logged

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:45:21 pm »

My take would be that it is a portion of the building blocks for 'the beginning of birth pangs'; making it okay for society to point the finger to disclose those who are Christians, just as the end-times portrays society and even families doing:

Matthew 24
8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Luke 12
51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

53The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Matthew 10
 21And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

22And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

It is also a part of God's plan where the dividing line is drawn as to who stands for or against His son, Jesus Christ.  Christ comes not to give peace but to make everyone stand their ground on whom they serve, there will be no in between, lukewarm, fence-riding allowed.

Matthew 12:30
 30He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Matthew 6:24
 24No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Revelation 3:16
 16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:56:35 pm by Believer » Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 10:06:59 pm »

Sometimes I wonder if some of these "christian" companies the MSM are outing are nothing more than pseudos, and both sides are playing the Hegelian Dialect.(alot like how you see with Franklin Graham vs. Obama's a Muslim/non-natural born citizen debate)

For example, take the owners of Chick-A-File - I've seen the owner being interviewed on FOX years ago. He said some good things, including how he closes the places across the country on Sundays to observe the Lord's Day. However, not once did he give his testimony in the interview, nor witnessed the gospel of Jesus Christ(but instead he talked about giving his tithe, something alot of these pseudo-pastors like Rick Warren trumpet loudly). Maybe he said it but FOX cut it out of the televised part? I dunno - however, he's in the business(the fast-food junk, that is) where alot of the foods and beverages they serve are poisons that have harmed especially our children(ie-MSG and HFCS). If this C-A-F family really were true Christians, I just can't imagine this being in God's will for them to be put in this situation.

For the record, no, I'm not saying everyone that owns some kind of restaurant, donut shop, etc are Freemasons and part of the NWO team(one of my mom's good friends owned an Applebees chain for years), however, I just can't imagine this particular C-A-F owner getting to this HIGH level in this world society all by himself, or God would put him in this position.

Anyhow, JMHO - but it seems like some of these cases we're seeing are part of the Hegelian Dialect being used to war against Christians. Alot like this Harold Camping-nonsense that went on recently.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 06:08:26 am »

This kind of thing goes on all over the WORLD on a daily basis, yet Chick-fil-A is being singled out, again.

Chick-fil-A: Employee mocking
Asians no reflection on company
Woman fired after customers
complained to management

Officials at Chick-fil-A restaurant said an incident at an Irvine store in which an employee put offensive names mocking Asian customers on their receipts is in no way a relection of the company.

It was "simply [a] case of immaturity, failed judgment and human error" on the part of one employee, said Don Perry, Chick-fil-A's vice president for public relations.

Click here to read the full story.

Read more: Chick-fil-A: Employee mocking <BR>Asians no reflection on company http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=377153#ixzz1gVgp9QGn
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 02:48:26 pm »

Like I said in another thread, some look for opportunity to point the finger. That is the spirit of the accusor of our brethren, and not of God.

So we shouldn't be surprised when the world hates anything to do with Jesus Christ. Thank you Jesus.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 06:29:50 am »

Here it is again in a story by TIME over the Komen Kill a Baby story.

Perhaps the closest comparison is when lovers of Chick-fil-A’s fried-chicken sandwiches discovered that the restaurant chain had donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to groups that oppose gay marriage. As one Komen sponsor told the Washington Post, “It’s unsettling to think you’re supporting one thing and then it changes.” Komen supporters thought they had woken up to find that their beloved pink-ribbon standard-bearer had become a conservative antiabortion institution.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2012/02/06/the-komen-controversy-planned-parenthood-claims-a-new-type-of-victory-in-the-culture-war/#ixzz1lbWTrAek

Just WOW!! In a story over abortion and breast cancer TIME throughs that in.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 12:13:35 pm »

Yeah, how does gay marriage come up in a debate over abortion and cancer? Intentionally! They have no shame at all in their attack on anyone that opposes their wicked agenda.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 12:42:45 pm »

what gets me is the author just assumes that everyone that eats at Chick-fil-a was all for sodomite rights.

when lovers of Chick-fil-A’s fried-chicken sandwiches discovered

That phrase is being used as if everyone that eats there were upset over what they do. Looks like a very manipulative piece to me. But it is from TIME, so what should i expect, a fair journalistic piece?  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 05:48:38 am »

Think Chick-fil-A is Alone? 9 Other Bible-Banging Companies

Since the founder of Chick-fil-A came out and publicly opposed same-sex marriage, many people have been forced to take a hard look at what companies they will support. While some of the big conglomerates throw a little money at both sides of the debate in an effort to remain neutral; readers may be shocked to find that just because they’re not as outspoken, some companies make a point to be purposeful about their faith.

Here’s a list of some of the more well known religious companies and how they demonstrate their religious freedom. This list is in no particular order.

1. Tyson Foods - While known as the world’s largest chicken company, it is also known for employing the most chaplains in any work force. “Tyson Chaplain Services has chaplains available to team members at numerous plants around the company and in our corporate offices. The chaplains provide compassionate pastoral care and ministry to team members and their families regardless of their religious or spiritual affiliation or beliefs,” according to a banner on Tyson’s website. Tyson not only employs chaplains throughout it’s company, but they also recently funded “The Tyson Center for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace” located at The University of Arkansas http://tfsw.uark.edu

2. Interstate Batteries – Like Tyson Foods, Interstate Batteries also employs it’s own chaplain. On it’s companies corporate website (http://corporate.interstatebatteries.com/giving/) the following is listed; “Part of what makes Interstate a unique company is its unabashed mission to conduct business in a way that honors God. That was Norm Miller’s vision when he became President in 1978. Today as chairman he is not involved in the day-to-day operation, and this allows Norm the time to speak to a variety of audiences interested in how he found the truth of Christianity and how he learned to effectively apply Biblical Principles to create a more successful business. Part of our corporate culture, through a full-time Chaplain and supporting staff, is to provide opportunities for people within and outside our company for Bible study, prayer, and Christian mission. While it is not necessary to be a Christian to be employed, it is a part of the daily work life for Interstate team members.”

3. Herman Miller – This Michigan-based furniture manufacturer who’s most famous for it’s Aeron chair, is grounded in the Reformed Protestant tradition. The company was founded in 1905 by D.J. De Pree, a Christian evangelical. He named the company after his beloved father-in-law, Miller. Today, De Pree’s sons Max and Hugh lead the company and outwardly declare that they too are servant-leaders just like their father. This being said, it’s no wonder that Herman Miller consistently appears on Fortune's yearly list of The Best Companies to Work for.

4. In-N-Out-Burger – While Chick-fil-A asserts that it’s recipes come from its strong religious values, In-N-Out Burger also prides itself on its ongoing effort to print Bible scriptures on its packaging. In 1948, Harry and Esther Snyder founded the company on their devout Christian faith. It is this devotion that leads the company to continue to promote the Word of God in a very unique way today. Since the late 1980’s, In-N-Out Burger fanatics have been able to find scriptures on their burger wrappers and cups to name just a few examples. For instance, “John 3:16” can be found at the bottom of each drinking cup (pictured). It is the pinnacle verse used throughout all Christian denominations; “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Other verses have been found like Proverbs 3:5, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding,” and also Revelation 3:20, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock.” Currently In-N-Out Burger has 275 locations nationwide and growing.

5. ServiceMaster – While the name may not ring a bell for some, this companies residential service businesses may be more recognizable. Names like TruGreen, Merry Maids and Terminix have led the company to achieve over 5,100 franchises around the United States. In 1929, Marion E. Wade founded the company, which derived its name from the concept of Christianity known as “Service thy Master.” According to it’s website (http://www.servicemaster.com/about-us/history), “Wade had a strong personal faith and a desire to honor God in all he did. Translating this into the marketplace, he viewed each individual employee and customer as being made in God's image - worthy of dignity and respect. His successors, Ken Hansen and Ken Wessner, also shared this view. These three leaders shaped what became our company objectives: To Honor God in All We Do; To Help People Develop; To Pursue Excellence; and To Grow Profitably.”

6. Hobby Lobby – This privately held chain of arts and crafts stores has amassed more than 500 locations nationwide. It was founded in 1972 by David Green and to this day resonates Hobby Lobby’s ethos, “Honoring the Lord in all we do by operating the company in a manner consistent with Biblical principles.” And it stands by the assertion “We believe that it is by God's grace and provision that Hobby Lobby has endured. He has been faithful in the past, we trust Him for our future.” On the companies Vision page (http://www.hobbylobby.com/our_company/ministry.cfm) it states “Hobby Lobby Partners with organizations working to share the Good News of Jesus Christ to all the world.” These organizations include The Alliance Defense Fund, WyCliffe, and Oral Roberts University. One interesting fact, David Green, the companies founder, is the owner of “The Green Collection;” a compilation of more than 40,000 biblical antiquities currently featured via a worldwide traveling exhibition called “Passages.” Like Chick-fil-A, its more than 500 stores are closed on Sundays.

7. Tom’s of Maine – In 1970, along with his wife Kate, CEO Tom Chappell launched a line of natural home products that includes toothpaste, deodorant, soap to name a few. Many people may be surprised to know that Tom Chappelle received his Master’s Degree at Harvard Divinity School and almost didn’t start Tom’s of Maine in order to work in full-time ministry. With advice of one of his professors, Tom decided to treat his business as ministry. To this day Tom’s website states that he personally vows to, “Create a better world by exchanging our faith, experience, and hope.” (http://www.tomsofmaine.com/business-practices/values-beliefs/stewardship-model)

8. Forever 21 – While this company describes itself a fashion-forward clothing store for young ladies, it markets to another demographic; the Christian community. Like, In-N-Out Burger, Forever 21 also emblazons the bottom of its packaging with the scripture John 3:16 (pictured). According to a company spokeswoman, John 3:16 is used as a “demonstration of the owners’ Christian faith.” Additionally, consumers are able to purchase ladies T-shirts at its stores that unapologetically reveal various other Christian messages.

9. Walmart – This last inclusion could be taken by some with a grain of salt. While there is a “They do or they don’t mindset” going around about Walmart’s view on gay rights. In 2008, after Christian Conservative groups threatened a boycott, Wal-Mart left the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, with a spokesperson saying the company had decided not “to support or oppose highly controversial issues.”

Walmart was founded by the Walton family. Sam Walton founded the company in 1962 on the Christian Servant leadership model. The company based its shopping habits on Arkansas churchgoers and developed its business model from there. Today, Walmart is known as being the world’s largest retailer. Since the company was founded on Christian principles, this would explain why Walmart has long-carried Christian books that were once only available at larger Christian bookstores. Today, Sam Walton’s heirs own 48% of the stake in the publicly-traded corporation. This has enabled the Walton family to continue its stronghold over Walmart’s Christian based business practices.

While in recent days the media has tried to assault Chick-fil-A for its stance on gay marriage, it’s nice to learn that other well known companies support Christian values and are active; despite how the media tries to make us believe that Chick-fil-A stands alone in their commitment of biblical principles. I applaud these companies for not wavering in these times of spiritual indifference. At least I know where to grab my next burger, shop for chicken products, or purchase some great household décor. Am I advocating all Christians to support these companies; Yes! In a day and age where moral wrongs are constantly being askewed as a civil-right, we as Christians should go out of our way to support those companies striving to, “Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God” (1 Peter 2:16).

Building HIS Kingdom One Soul at a Time...

Pastor Steve

http://pastordodd.com

Works Cited:
The idea and some of the thoughts for this story came from the CNN Article "9 Religious Companies Besides Chick-Fil-A" Author Dan Gilgoff, July 24, 2012.

http://blogs.christianpost.com/building-his-kingdom/think-chick-fil-a-is-alone-9-other-bible-banging-companies-11102/
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 08:39:38 am »

7. Tom’s of Maine – In 1970, along with his wife Kate, CEO Tom Chappell launched a line of natural home products that includes toothpaste, deodorant, soap to name a few. Many people may be surprised to know that Tom Chappelle received his Master’s Degree at Harvard Divinity School and almost didn’t start Tom’s of Maine in order to work in full-time ministry. With advice of one of his professors, Tom decided to treat his business as ministry. To this day Tom’s website states that he personally vows to, “Create a better world by exchanging our faith, experience, and hope.” (http://www.tomsofmaine.com/business-practices/values-beliefs/stewardship-model)

Harvard Divinity School? Uhhh...this isn't Christian at all...just merely an outward showing and THAT'S ALL. And "create a better world..."? Didn't Jesus Christ say his kingdom is NOT of this world...?

With that being said, Tom's of Maine has excellent non-flouride free toothpaste. When someone told me about the dangers of flouride a couple of years ago, he recommended me this toothpaste, and have been using it ever since.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 12:55:33 pm »

The world is wicked and the media is full of sodomites and their supporters. So it is expected that they will go after anything so-called "Christian".

That fact is the very reason we should not get caught up in the world. Using it is one thing, but running business, etc? Nope, we aren't suppose to do that. We are suppose to keep our distance from the world.

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: