End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:03:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

BEWARE of Jim Denison!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE of Jim Denison!  (Read 4519 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2012, 09:56:04 pm »

My church showed a DVD presentation "exposing" radical Islam tonight, and posted what I saw in this thread...
http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,5698.msg18988/topicseen.html#msg18988

Anyhow, this is his mini-biography...

http://www.godissues.org/dr-jim-denison/

Dr. Jim Denison

James C. Denison, Ph.D., is a cultural apologist, building a bridge between faith and culture by engaging contemporary issues with biblical truth. He founded the Denison Forum on Truth and Culture in February 2009.

Dr. Denison currently serves on the board of the Baylor Health Care System and as Chair of the Advisory Board for Dallas Baptist University. He teaches Ph.D. seminars and graduate-level classes for Dallas Baptist University and serves as a teaching fellow for the B. H. Carroll Theological Institute. He has taught on the faculty of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and at McAfee School of Theology, and has served on the boards of Dallas Baptist University, George W. Truett Theological Seminary, and the Center for Christian Ethics at Baylor University.

Prior to founding the DFTC, Dr. Denison was pastor of Park Cities Baptist Church, a 10,000-member congregation in Dallas, Texas. He also pastored churches in Midland and Mansfield, Texas, and in Atlanta, Georgia. He earned his Ph.D. in Philosophy of Religion and Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and received a Doctor of Divinity degree from Dallas Baptist University.

He is the author of seven books:
 •Radical Islam: What You Need to Know
 •Wrestling with God: How Can I Love a God I’m Not Sure I Can Trust?
 •The Bible–You Can Believe It: Biblical Authority in the Twenty-First Century
 •The Myth and the Manger
 •Life on the Brick Pile: Answers to Suffering from the Letters of Revelation
 •Seven Crucial Questions About the Bible
 •It’s Your Mission: The Church’s Responsibility to the Least of These

Dr. Denison writes a cultural commentary available at www.denisonforum.org/subscribe. His free daily commentary is distributed around the world to nearly 19,000 subscribers in 90 countries. He writes for The Dallas Morning News, contributing weekly to the “Texas Faith Forum” and is a columnist for the The Christian Post.

He has also taught world religions for 25 years with four seminaries. He has spoken in China, Cuba, Brazil, Australia, Europe, Israel, Greece, Egypt, Bangladesh, and Turkey and served as a short-term missionary to East Malaysia, in Southeast Asia. He also leads frequent study tours in Israel, Greece, and Europe.

His wife, Janet, is an author and speaker (www.janetdenison.com). They live in Dallas and are the parents of two sons: Ryan, a ministry student at Truett Seminary; and Craig, a student at Dallas Baptist University.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 10:18:05 pm »

http://www.denisonforum.org/morality/286-president-obama-and-the-public-good

President Obama and the Public Good

I write a column each week for The Dallas Morning News as part of their "Texas Faith" panel.  This recent question especially intrigued me.

Our editor states, "President Obama made the case for the common good, as he saw it, in his State of the Union address. Jackie Calmes of the New York Times summarized his theme this way: 'Government and citizens are responsible together for the common good, even as they celebrate individualism and free markets.'  Of course, you might say.  Shared responsibilities and creating room for the individual to flourish are major elements of our national creed.

"But how do we build a common good today?  We hear plenty about how political bodies can shape it, but I’d especially like to hear what other institutions could play a role.  And how they could shape the common good, or perhaps are shaping it."

Here's my response.

Woodrow Wilson was one of the our most religious presidents.  The son of a Presbyterian minister, his faith motivated all he did.  Yet he claimed that "there is no higher religion than human service.  To work for the common good is the greatest creed."

Jesus agreed: "A new command I give you: Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another" (John 13:34-35). But you forgot Jesus's FIRST commandment - to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. What you said is the SECOND commandment!

How did he love us?  Sacrificially (1 John 3:16) and unconditionally (Romans 8:35-39).  Imagine a society in which we imitated his altruistic commitment to each other.  The Founders did: our Constitution exists to "form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, and promote the general Welfare."  The government it formed can and must work to fulfill this vision.

What other institutions can help promote this common good?

Our schools should teach and reinforce the ethic of public service that motivated the founding of our republic.  Service organizations, many in numeric decline today, should find ways to engage a new generation.  But communities of faith have an especially crucial role to play. But NO preaching the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Judaism (Micah 6:8), Christianity (Matthew 25:40) and Islam (Qur'an 3:110) challenge their adherents to public service.  Mormonism (Mosiah 2:17), Hinduism (Bhagavad Gita 3:10-26) and Buddhism (Bodhicharyavatara 8:126-128) agree.  Unfortunately, it is tempting for religious leaders to focus more on building our organizations than on serving our community.  All the while, a skeptical public wonders how our beliefs are relevant to their lives.Why don't you come out and say "We want a ONE WORLD RELIGION!"?

Ken Medema, the Christian singer and composer, once wrote a line that challenges me every time I hear it: "Don't tell me I have a friend in Jesus until you show me I have a friend in you." Mr. Denison - if you deny Jesus in front of men, Jesus will deny you in front of the Father and his holy angels!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:59:40 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 10:48:27 pm »

Uhhh...Elizabeth Smart had a MORMON Wedding! Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: