End Times and Current Events
November 12, 2019, 10:29:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Media Driven Race War

Shoutbox
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
September 11, 2017, 06:59:33 am Psalm 51:17 says: The law of reaping and sowing. It's amazing how God's mercy and longsuffering has hovered over America so long. (ie, the infrastructure is very bad here b/c for many years, they were grossly underspent on. 1st Tim 6:10, the god of materialism has its roots firmly in the West) And remember once upon a time ago when shacking up b/w straight couples drew shock awe?

Exodus 20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Media Driven Race War  (Read 13975 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2012, 10:54:08 pm »

OK, this article may be slightly off-topic, however, it seems like the agenda in this article is using the Trayvon Martin ordeal to try to paint the Southern Baptist Convention in a good light by saying how "racial diversity" they have become by likely electing Fred Luter as their 1st SBC President. FYI, I posted this in another thread in another forum here, but just to sum it up, Luter is a member of his city's INTERFAITH group. This is DEFINITELY NOT good for ANYONE to appoint an Apostate to a position like this. If the blind follow the blind, both shall fall into the ditch...

http://www.gofbw.com/News.asp?id=13899

Editorial: Fred Luter, Trayvon Martin and the Gospel

Apr 4, 2012
By JAMES A. SMITH SR.

Southern Baptists may make history in June—and the Gospel will be served immeasurably if they do.

Perhaps it will not be as societally transformative as when Jackie Robinson first took to the baseball diamond for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947.

None would argue it would eclipse the importance in American history as when Barack Obama took the oath of office as president of the United States on Jan. 20, 2009.

But the likely election of Fred Luter as the first African American president of the Southern Baptist Convention in New Orleans this summer will indeed be history making, impacting American society far beyond the confines of the Southern Baptist life.

And, while few Southern Baptists would underestimate the cultural significance of Luter’s election (which, it should be noted, is not a fait accompli), the long overdue election of a black man to lead Southern Baptists could be incalculably meaningful for the advancement of the Gospel in our rapidly increasing ethnically diverse nation.

That this may be so can be seen in the Florida—indeed, nationwide—controversy and racial unrest that has arisen in recent weeks after the killing of Trayvon Martin in Sanford.

Until all the facts are known, it’s too soon to draw conclusions about guilt over the tragic incident that resulted in Martin’s Feb. 26 death at the hands of neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman, who remains in hiding (as of April 2). Indeed, far too many assumptions have been made, intensifying racial tensions, especially due to some incredibly irresponsible actions by certain national figures and celebrities.

Still, while the investigation continues and we pray for justice to be done, Trayvon Martin’s death and the controversy about it is a reminder of how difficult the race issue is for our society—and why only the Gospel can bridge the racial and ethnic divide that mars humanity (Eph. 2:11-22). Huh Huh

Eph 2:11  Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12  That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13  But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14  For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15  Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16  And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17  And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18  For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19  Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20  And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21  In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22  In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

In a Baptist Press article about Martin, Southern Baptist African American leaders Maxie Miller and Kevin Smith speak passionately about the challenges still facing blacks in our society.

“As a black man, I am a suspect, not because of what I do or because of what I’ve done, but basically because of who I am, being black. I’m perceived a suspect just by being black,” said Miller, African American church planting team strategist for the Florida Baptist Convention.

Smith, a Kentucky pastor and professor at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, said when he travels to preach at rural churches, he is mindful that his skin color sometimes matters. Often, he’ll enlist men from the churches to accompany him.

“I laugh about taking guys with me, but there’s also a serious side to that—not regarding the Southern Baptist churches where I’m preaching, but regarding everything I must do to get there—the gas stations where I’m stopping, and the restaurants where I’m stopping, and all those kinds of things,” Smith told BP.

While I can empathize with my brothers Miller and Smith, as a white man I will never truly understand the challenges they face. Needless to say, Fred Luter does—and it’s one of many reasons why it’s long past time for an African American to lead Southern Baptists.

To be sure, Luter is not qualified to be president of the Southern Baptist Convention because of the pigment of his skin. Southern Baptists have consistently rejected the notion of racial quotas. Many believe, as I do, in Martin Luther King’s “dream” of a color-blind society where persons “will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

Luter’s accomplishments as a leading Southern Baptist expositor of God’s Word is widely known. For years, he has been a favorite preacher for many Southern Baptist Pastors’ Conference meetings and other national and state denominational meetings. Luter’s pastoral leadership of the geographically dispersed membership of Franklin Avenue Baptist Church in New Orleans in the wake of the devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina was nothing less than heroic. And, he has modeled increasing cooperation through missions giving by his congregation.

Clearly, Luter is a model minister greatly used of God who is ready to lead Southern Baptists. FYI, read the TIME magazine interview he did last year, he did NOT mention the name of Jesus Christ even once! --> http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,6030.0.html

I need to note, however, I’m not establishing a new precedent of endorsing SBC presidential candidates. That’s a role more properly suited to others.

Instead, I am repeating a conviction previously expressed (as recently as a March 9, 2011, editorial, “Toward an ethnically diverse SBC leadership”) that Southern Baptists need to make a conscious, yet non-quota-based effort to recognize African Americans and other ethnic and racial minority leaders as leaders.

Luter’s possible election has already received considerable attention from secular media across the nation—indeed, around the world. Each news account notes the historical significance of his prospective election, with many tying the development back to the 1995 apology for slavery adopted on the SBC’s 150th anniversary.

I don’t think it’s overstating the matter to say that the advancement of the Gospel is impeded the longer Southern Baptists go without involving African Americans and other racial and ethnic minorities in significant leadership positions—preeminently, the SBC presidency.

In the meantime, Southern Baptist African Americans can help teach us all how to address the racial concerns of blacks. Kevin Smith’s winsome, Gospel-focused attitude is one that all Southern Baptists from all racial and ethnic backgrounds should emulate.

In his comments to BP, Smith pointed to the “common heritage in the Gospel of Jesus Christ” shared by Southern Baptists from all backgrounds.

“That is our bottom line, and it ought to give us more urgency for sharing the Gospel because public policy and social engineering cannot fix the sinfulness of humanity,” Smith added.

Because of that urgency, Southern Baptists should be willing to take steps to remove barriers that may impede Gospel advancement.

Some day, likely only too soon, another racial controversy will engulf our nation. It’s long past time that the Southern Baptist “face” addressing such a controversy is one that looks familiar to those who feel their concerns are taken less than seriously by the broader culture. When that happens, the Gospel will have a greater opportunity for advancement and God will be glorified.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:24:01 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: