End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 08:02:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Read This First Before You Decide That Preppers Are Crazy

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Read This First Before You Decide That Preppers Are Crazy  (Read 5404 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2018, 05:36:51 pm »

How 'preppers' plan to survive off-the-grid in the event the nation's power supply fails

Survival expert Jonathan Hollerman believes that America as we know it could be destroyed from the loss of the nation's electric grid or other societal collapse
    Hollerman says preparedness 'experts' underestimate the threat posed by starving, desperate people
    Without the electric grid, there would be no lights, no heating or air conditioning in your house, no public water, and the sewer would likely back up
    Without modern vehicles or interstate trucking, the supermarkets would quickly run out of food and supplies

The number of people preparing for some form of societal collapse continues to grow and it is often the most unlikeliest of people.

Best-selling author, preparedness expert and former military survival instructor, Jonathan Hollerman has been running a successful preparedness consultancy agency for the past five years.

He now advises clients over the phone for $150/hour about the best way to prepare their own home for disaster, to designing and building entire off-grid survival retreats from scratch. He also performs operational security analysis for existing survival retreats for $1,000 per day.

Jonathan enlisted in the military for six years until 2002, where he trained as a SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape) instructor, one of only 17 graduates out of an 8,000 applicants.

Jonathan says that, despite a negative portrayal in the media, people in the prepping community are normal, everyday people who just want to protect their families in the event of some form of societal collapse.

'Anybody that's a prepper, the media always paint them as an extremist, conspiracy theorist wearing a tin foil hat in a bunker with a beard living off rice and beans,' he says

'I can tell you right now I've had hundreds and hundreds of clients that I've worked with over the last four or five years, and I've never met a crazy person yet. Every single person I've met has been blue collar, white collar, a normal sane individual that you could go to a restaurant, sit down and have a normal conversation with.

Jonathan is seen firing a M82A1 at a shooting range. Jonathan currently offers his services as an Emergency Preparedness Consultant specializing in Survival Retreat design

One of the toughest and most grueling positions to achieve in the military, Jonathan was pushed to his absolute limit in some of the most testing environments known to man.

His own training was then used used to train pilots and navigators about what to do if they were shot down behind enemy lines – from finding food and water to evading capture.

Jonathan set up his company, Grid Down Consulting, in response to the growing concern within western society that a disaster could seriously cripple the infrastructure of even the most advanced of countries.

So what is it that Jonathan is preparing for? Not a nuclear war, not an alien invasion and not a zombie apocalypse but a grid-down scenario - a complete shutdown of the electric grid in a country.

Such an event could occur via an EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) attack, a solar flare, a cyber-attack such as the one undertaken by Russia against the Ukraine in 2014, or a physical attack by terrorists.

The vast majority of western democracies rely on a network of high-voltage transformers to turn the power created by power plants into energy that is usable by the average consumer.

The transformers, which take between 12 and 18 months to build and typically weigh over 400 tonnes, are the most critical part of a country's power network – without them, any country would be brought to a standstill, explains Jonathan.

Hollerman has a fictional book series which paints a realistic world of chaos and despair and an incredible will to survive in the aftermath of a nationwide, long-term, grid down scenario without any power

'See, if these things go down, it's not going to be as simple as just sending someone out there to flick a switch and turn the power back on,' he says.

'If we lose these high voltage transformers, power's going to be down for a long period of time. And every aspect of human life in developed countries today revolves around electricity.

'Everything's automated at this point. Everything you touch, taste, eat, everything you buy at a store, everything you buy on amazon… everything you buy today comes on a truck to get to where it's going, and it comes from a digitized distribution center. All these places run out of supplies because the computer networks shut down. Therefore the whole food infrastructure shuts down, and that's the biggest problem… no way to feed the populace.

'For the first couple of days things would probably be pretty calm, like 'OK the electric's down, when's it coming back on'. But, because they don't have radio, tv, internet, there's no way for the government to get mass information out to people and keep them calm,' Jonathan says.

Hollerman has written a number of books to encourage people to educate themselves

'It's not going to take long for people to start freaking out and start going to the grocery store and cleaning it out. Once those grocery stores are empty and the food distribution centers have been looted, there's no more food coming. You're essentially on your own.

'Very few Americans and Europeans have the life skills needed to live without electricity. How to garden, how to can food, how root cellaring works. Most kids don't even know how to build a fire right? Every aspect of human life revolves around electricity,' Jonathan explains.

In 2015, hackers thought to be from Russia took down Ukraine's electric grid for an 18-hour period, something which Jonathan believes 'was just a warning shot across the bow,' and not intended to actually destroy their grid.

Such an attack is just as likely is this to happen in a country such as the United States or Britain, for example.

Admiral Michael S. Rogers. speaking to Congress in 2014 warned of such an event: 'What I have told my organization is I fully expect that during my time as the commander we are going to be tasked to help defend critical infrastructure within the United States because it is under attack by some foreign nation or some individual or group.

'I say that because we see multiple nation states and then in some cases individuals and groups that have the capability to engage in this behaviour. We have seen individuals, groups inside critical U.S. infrastructure, you know, that has a presence, that suggests to us that this is - this vulnerability is an area that others want to exploit.

'All of that leads me to believe it is only a matter of the 'when,' not the 'if' that we are going to see something dramatic.'

'I think the reason preparedness isn't in the minds of most people is they really have this idea that 'hey we're civilised, if something bad like this happens we're gonna hold hands, sing Kumbaya, and we'll all work together to fix this,' says Jonathan.

'And they'll use instances like Hurricane Katrina, where everyone rallied around to help in the aftermath after the devastation that was caused. But those are only localised disasters and there were plenty of people not affected by the disaster that came to the rescue. In a nationwide grid-down scenario, no one is coming to help because everyone is in the same boat as you, even the military.

'People will work together in desperate times if they have eaten in the past couple of days. But if you take away their food, their information, law and order they're not going to work together. I use the example of an average blue-collar worker who never committed a crime in his entire life, who goes to church every Sunday. And he's got a four-year-old daughter who's lying on a couch he hasn't been able to provide food to her for two or three weeks straight. She's starving to death in front of his very eyes.

One of the many Survival Retreat's Hollerman has designed for his clients. He has offers dozens of cabin designs from 400 sq ft to over 5,000 sq ft, specifically designed to function off-the-grid

'There's almost nothing that that man, or woman, will not do to get their child some food. They may beg and plead from their neighbours at first, but eventually if they think you've got a can of peaches, they're going to come and take it by force, by whatever means necessary.'

And this is where Jonathan steps in. He advises people from all walks of life, from doctors and lawyers with multi-million budgets who want an entire off-grid survival retreat to people living on shoe-string budgets who just need a little advice.

'Preparedness is a mindset,' he says.

'I recommend educating yourself on the various threats, and having a game plan in your head saying 'ok, if this happens I'm going to do X.' Cause for most of the population this isn't even on their radar. They have no clue that the electric grid could be down for over a year.

'A big thing that people ask me is how do you live with all this concern? I don't live in worry. Some clients and some people in this industry are very scared, they're operating their preparedness mindset in a state of fear, and I don't recommend that because who knows what's going to happen from one day to the next.

'There's a lot of other things, like a pandemic or financial collapse, that could lead to very bad circumstances in the future and I believe it's going to be sooner rather than later, but I don't live my life in fear. Preparedness is a journey, you have to start somewhere, and I recommend you start sooner rather than later.'

Hollerman is a former US Air Force SERE Instructor and expert on survival and prepping. He works full-time as an Emergency Preparedness Consultant helping his clients prepare for what they say is 'the looming breakdown of our fragile society'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5798241/How-preppers-plan-survive-grid-event-nations-power-supply-fails.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: