End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:41:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Read This First Before You Decide That Preppers Are Crazy

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Read This First Before You Decide That Preppers Are Crazy  (Read 5358 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2012, 07:47:47 pm »

Read This First Before You Decide That Preppers Are Crazy

Do you believe that preppers are a few cards short of a full deck?  Do you assume that anyone that is "preparing for doomsday" does not have their elevator going all the way to the top floor?  Well, you might want to read this first before you make a final decision that all preppers are crazy.  The information that you are about to read shook me up a bit when I first looked it over.  To be honest, I had no idea how incredibly vulnerable our economic system is to a transportation disruption.  I am continually getting emails and comments on my websites asking "how to prepare" for what is coming, so when I came across this information I knew that I had to share it with all of you.  Hopefully what you are about to read will motivate you to prepare like never before, and hopefully you will share this information with others.

Originally, I was going to write an article about the rising unemployment in Europe today.  Did you know that unemployment in the eurozone is now at a 15 year high?  It has risen for 10 months in a row with no end in sight.

But I have written dozens of articles about the economic crisis in Europe already.  So before starting on that article I started thinking of all the "preparation" questions I have been getting lately and I went over and checked out one of my favorite preparation websites: shtfplan.com.

Well, an article had just been posted over there about a report put out by the American Trucker Associations entitled "When Trucks Stop, America Stops". http://www.trucking.org/Newsroom/Trucks%20Are/When%20Trucks%20Stop%20America%20Stops.pdf

I went and found that original report and I was stunned as I read it.

The truth is that our "just in time" inventory and delivery systems leave us incredibly vulnerable to a nationwide disaster.

You see, it is very expensive to hold and store inventory, so most manufacturers and retailers rely on a continual flow of deliveries that are scheduled to arrive "just in time", and this significantly reduces their operating expenses.

This is considered to be good business practice for manufacturers and retailers, but it also means that if there was a major nationwide transportation disruption that our economic system would grind to a halt almost immediately.

Once store shelves are picked clean, they would not be able to be replenished until trucks could get back on the road.  In the event of a major nationwide disaster, that could be quite a while.

So what could potentially cause a nationwide transportation shutdown?

Well, it is easy to imagine a lot of potential scenarios - a volcanic eruption, a historic earthquake, an EMP attack, a solar megastorm, a war, a major terror attack, an asteroid strike, a killer pandemic, mass rioting in U.S. cities, or even martial law.

If something caused the trucks to stop running, life in America would immediately start changing.

So exactly what would that look like?

The following is an excerpt from the report mentioned above put out by the American Trucker Associations entitled "When Trucks Stop, America Stops"....

A Timeline Showing the Deterioration of Major Industries Following a Truck Stoppage

The first 24 hours

• Delivery of medical supplies to the affected area will cease.
• Hospitals will run out of basic supplies such as syringes and catheters within hours. Radiopharmaceuticals will deteriorate and become unusable.
• Service stations will begin to run out of fuel.
• Manufacturers using just-in-time manufacturing will develop component shortages.
• U.S. mail and other package delivery will cease.

Within one day

• Food shortages will begin to develop.
• Automobile fuel availability and delivery will dwindle, leading to skyrocketing prices and long lines at the gas pumps.
• Without manufacturing components and trucks for product delivery,
assembly lines will shut down, putting thousands out of work.

Within two to three days

• Food shortages will escalate, especially in the face of hoarding and consumer panic.
• Supplies of essentials—such as bottled water, powdered milk, and
canned meat—at major retailers will disappear.
• ATMs will run out of cash and banks will be unable to process
transactions.
• Service stations will completely run out of fuel for autos and trucks.
• Garbage will start piling up in urban and suburban areas.
• Container ships will sit idle in ports and rail transport will be disrupted, eventually coming to a standstill.

Within a week

• Automobile travel will cease due to the lack of fuel. Without autos and busses, many people will not be able to get to work, shop for groceries, or access medical care.
• Hospitals will begin to exhaust oxygen supplies.

Within two weeks

• The nation’s clean water supply will begin to run dry.

Within four weeks

• The nation will exhaust its clean water supply and water will be safe for drinking only after boiling. As a result gastrointestinal illnesses will increase, further taxing an already weakened health care system.

This timeline presents only the primary effects of a freeze on truck travel. Secondary effects must be considered as well, such as inability to maintain telecommunications service, reduced law enforcement, increased crime, increased illness and injury, higher death rates, and likely, civil unrest.

Earlier in the report, the reasons why America's water supply would be in such jeopardy are described in greater detail....

According to the American Water Works Association, Americans drink more than one billion glasses of tap water per day. For safety and security reasons, most water supply plants maintain a larger inventory of supplies than the typical business. However, the amount of chemical storage varies significantly and is site specific. According to the Chlorine Institute, most water treatment facilities receive chlorine in cylinders (150 pounds and one ton cylinders) that are delivered by motor carriers. On average, trucks deliver purification chemicals to water supply plants every seven to 14 days. Without these chemicals, water cannot be purified and made safe for drinking. Without truck deliveries of purification chemicals, water supply plants will run out of drinkable water in 14 to 28 days. Once the water supply is drained, water will be deemed safe for drinking only when boiled. Lack of clean drinking water will lead to increased gastrointestinal and other illnesses, further taxing an already weakened healthcare system.

Can you see why I always recommend that you make sure that you and your family have access to fresh water and a way to purify it?

This report should be very sobering for all of us.

What would you and your family do if you had no food, no clean water and the stores were shut down because their supplies were gone?

An article by Tess Pennington entitled "Emergency Items: What Will Disappear First" contains a list of 100 things that are likely to disappear from store shelves first.  The following are the first 10 things on her list....

1. Generators (Good ones cost dearly. Gas storage, risky. Noisy…target of
thieves; maintenance etc.)
2. Water Filters/Purifiers
3. Portable Toilets
4. Seasoned Firewood. Wood takes about 6 – 12 months to become dried, for home
uses.
5. Lamp Oil, Wicks, Lamps (First Choice: Buy CLEAR oil. If scarce, stockpile
ANY!)
6. Coleman Fuel. Impossible to stockpile too much.
7. Guns, Ammunition, Pepper Spray, Knives, Clubs, Bats & Slingshots.
8. Hand-can openers, & hand egg beaters, whisks.
9. Honey/Syrups/white, brown sugar
10. Rice – Beans – Wheat

You can find the rest of the list right here.

Most Americans just assume that they will always be able to run out to the supermarket or to Wal-Mart and buy anything that they need.

But if the trucks stop running that will change almost overnight.

After reading the information above, does anyone out there still believe that preppers are crazy?

The truth is that there are good, solid reasons why millions of Americans have been storing up food, water filters and other supplies.

Our world is becoming increasingly unstable, and all of us need to get educated about how to prepare for the difficult years that are coming.

One nightmarish event can change everything that we take for granted in a single moment.

Just remember what happened after Hurricane Katrina.  Even though that was only a regional disaster, millions of people had their lives completely turned upside down by that tragedy.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that just because the U.S. has always known tremendous peace and prosperity since World War II that things will always be that way.

Our lives will only continue to be "normal" as long as the trucks continue running.

When the trucks stop running in America, there will be mass chaos.

Are you prepared for that?

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/read-this-first-before-you-decide-that-preppers-are-crazy
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:30:48 pm »

saved
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 05:34:16 am »

Good info
Report Spam   Logged
Charrington

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 05:28:13 pm »

A ‘Doomsday Prepper’ preparing for economic collapse was sentenced to 21 months in prison after show footage was used to gain a warrant and prosecute him for stockpiling destructive devices.

What this report highlights is that if you talk about your preps with anyone but those who will join you at your survival retreat, you are asking for trouble. Let’s say it together… The first rule of Fight Club is…

THE FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB IS…
    YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB.

-Fight Club Movie 1999 (link)

OpSec, or Operational Security, is an important rule to follow for those who have chosen to prepare for emergencies by stockpiling food, self defense armaments and disaster supplies.

It’s simple, really. Don’t talk about your preparedness supplies unless it is with trusted people with whom you will be working if a worst case scenario comes to pass. Otherwise, if the world around you collapses and your neighbors and acquintances known you have supplies, guess who they will turn to for help. If you deny them help when they come asking, and they have no place else to turn, you can be relatively certain they will do everything in their power to get at your larder – and that means collaborating with those who would do you harm.

The other key reason we don’t talk about our preps, especially the sharing of critical details like what we store and where we store it, is that you are a potential domestic terror suspect with respect to newly disseminated bulletins from the FBI and Department of Homeland Security.

Case in point: Alfred C. Dutton, known for his appearance on the National Geographic reality show Doomsday Preppers, was recently convicted of possession of unregistered destructive devices.

Off Grid Survival Reports:

A number of times in the past, I have warned about how dangerous I think T.V. shows like Doomsday Preppers are to the prepping community. In my opinion, these prepping shows do nothing to help people prepare and are designed to do only one thing – To make Preppers look like complete Wackjobs!

I hate to say I was right, but it seems the popular reality T.V. show about prepping is now being used to help obtain search warrants and convict preppers of crimes.

The case in question, involves a man from Kansas who was prepping for an economic collapse scenario. It seems law enforcement officials in Kansas used the T.V. show and images of preppers to not only obtain a warrant for a residents arrest, but also to convict the man of crimes in court.

Aflred Dutton, a military veteran and self described prepper from Kansas, was convicted last month of making and storing explosive devices. While what he did may have been a crime, this story should serve as a warning to other preppers. USE YOUR RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT WHEN IT COMES TO PREPPING……The fact that you prep can and will be used against you in the court of law.

The Basis for the Search Warrants states:

Mr. Dutton, a military veteran, has been preparing for the economic collapse of the world. In addition to gathering a large supply of non-perishable items, he also has a modest collection of firearms and ammunition. And he makes fireworks.

During the trial, the prosecution played clips from the popular National Geographic Channel show, “Doomsday Preppers”. The prosecution used images of various “crazy ass preppers” from the T.V. show to successfully paint a picture of Mr. Dutton, as someone on the fringe of society that posed an extreme danger to his community.

Doomsday Preppers most certainly put Mr. Dutton on the radar, but his undoing came at the hands of someone he trusted but shouldn’t have:

The only source of information for the storage unit search warrant came from Joe Scott, Mr. Dutton’s ex-wife’s boyfriend. Mr. Scott often came to Mr. Dutton’s apartment to pick up Mr. Dutton’s daughter for her visitation. During these visits, Mr. Dutton and Mr. Scott discussed firearms, fireworks, and other explosives.

…

On August 23, 2011, Mr. Scott went to the Greenwood County Sheriff’s Office to tell them about the conversations he had had with Mr. Dutton. Based on Mr. Scott’s information, local law enforcement officer, Captain Lumley, prepared an affidavit supporting the search warrant.

Joe Scott came to the Greenwood county Sheriff’s Office to report that Alfred Dutton Jr. possibly had explosives. Scott said that on or about August 9th of 2011 he had gone to Dutton’s apartment to pick up a minor child per court visitation. While standing and talking with Dutton he produced a small cylindrical device about the size, Scott thought, of a triple A battery. Dutton asked if he knew what it was and when Joe said he didn’t Dutton told him it was a fuse for a hand grenade.

During their talk Dutton had said he ordered fuses from the internet and when they arrived and found they were what he wanted he was then going to order Grenade hulls and claymore mine hulls because the fuse worked in either one. When Scott went to pick up the child on August 16th Dutton told him that he could not find the black powder he needed that [sic] to complete the devices and had to order it from Cabela’s website on the internet.

Scott said when Dutton told him that he ordered the black powder he became concerned for safety reasons of the minor child and public safety of the residents around him in the apartment complex. Scott gave me a package of 20foot safety fuse and told me that Dutton had given it to him just after July 4th of 2010 to “blow stuff up” if he ever needed to, Scott has become concerned because Dutton told him when the government starts to round up citizens he will be one of the first because of his military background.

Source: Dept. of Justice

Mr. Dutton was subsequently charged with with knowingly possessing destructive devices, more fully described as five incendiary bombs (Count I) and nine grenades (Count II). He was convicted under Federal Law and sentenced to serve 21 months in prison.

As Off Grid Survival points out in their report, Mr. Dutton was breaking the law and there is a likelihood that he was endangering those living in his direct vicinity.

We’re not defending Mr. Dutton’s actions, though we suspect there is many a prepper out there that possess similar incendiary devices (or parts) intended for use to protect one’s property from looters and roaming gangs in the aftermath of a collapse. Likewise, there are preppers out there stockpiling other supplies that may not be fully compliant with the law or have been obtained by circumventing existing state and federal statutes.

As such, what this report highlights is that if you talk about your preps with anyone but those who will join you at your survival retreat, you are asking for trouble.

Let’s say it together…. The first rule of Prep Club is…

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/05/30/doomsday-prepper-sentenced-21-months-federal-prison-139251/
Report Spam   Logged
Charrington

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 09:30:35 pm »

If Raoul Pal was some doomsday spouting windbag, writing in all caps, arbitrarily pasting together disparate charts to create 200 page slideshows, it would be easy to ignore him. He isn't. The founder of Global Macro Investor "previously co-managed the GLG Global Macro Fund in London for GLG Partners, one of the largest hedge fund groups in the world. Raoul came to GLG from Goldman Sachs where he co-managed the hedge fund sales business in Equities and Equity Derivatives in Europe... Raoul Pal retired from managing client money in 2004 at the age of 36 and now lives on the Valencian coast of Spain, from where he writes." It is his writing we are concerned about, and specifically his latest presentation, which is, for lack of a better word, the most disturbing and scary forecast of the future of the world we have ever seen....

And we see a lot of those.

Consider this:

We are here...

We don’t know exactly what is to come, but we can all join the very few dots from where we are now, to the collapse of the first major bank…
    With very limited room for government bailouts, we can very easily join the next dots from the first bank closure to the collapse of the whole European banking system, and then to the bankruptcy of the governments themselves.
    There are almost no brakes in the system to stop this, and almost no one realises the seriousness of the situation.
    The problem is not Government debt per se. The real problem is that the $70 trillion in G10 debt is the collateral for $700 trillion in derivatives…
    Yes, that equates to 1200% of Global GDP and it rests on very, very weak foundations
    From an EU crisis, we only have to join one dot for a UK crisis of equal magnitude.
    And then do you think Japan and China would not be next?
    And then do you think the US would survive unscathed?
    That is the end of the fractional reserve banking system and of fiat money.

It is the big RESET.

It continues:

Bonds will be stuck at 1% in the US, Germany, UK and Japan (for this phase).
    The whole bond market will be dead.
    Short selling on bonds - banned
    Short selling stocks – banned
    CDS – banned
    Short futures – banned
    Put options – banned

All that is left is the Dollar and Gold

It only gets better. We use the term loosely:

We have around 6 months left of trading in Western markets to protect ourselves or make enough money to offset future losses.
    Spend your time looking at the risks of custody, safekeeping, counterparty etc. Assume that no one and nothing is safe.
    After that…we put on our tin helmets and hide until the new system emerges

And the punchline

From a timing perspective, I think 2012 and 2013 will usher in the end.

Enjoy:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/95493792/The-End-Game

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/big-reset-2012-and-2013-will-usher-end-scariest-presentation-ever
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 08:10:49 am »

120 Powerful Pieces Of Advice For Preppers

Our world is becoming increasingly unstable, and millions of Americans are feverishly preparing for what they consider to be "the end of the world as we know it".  In fact, it is estimated that there are now approximately 3 million "preppers" in the United States.  But for people that have never done much prepping before, getting started can be both confusing and intimidating.  In fact, I get more questions about prepping than anything else.  People are constantly asking me how they can prepare for the difficult times that are coming.  Well, in this article I have compiled 120 powerful pieces of advice for preppers.  No two situations are exactly the same, and almost every prepper approaches preparation differently, but there are some basic principles that apply to almost everyone.  And without a doubt, a lot of people that are not preparing now are going to regret it in the years ahead.  The global financial system is falling apart, the United States and Europe are absolutely drowning in debt, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions are becoming more frequent, signs of social decay are everywhere and war could erupt in the Middle East at any time.  Actually, it is absolutely amazing that there are so many people out there that still believe that "prepping" is not necessary.

When people ask me what they can do to prepare, there is usually one tip that I give above everything else.  It is not very "sexy", but it is absolutely foundational.

During the last recession, millions of people lost their jobs, and because a lot of them had no financial cushion, many of them also lost their homes.

For the next couple of years, my number one tip is to build up an emergency fund.  If you are a prepper and you are living month to month, then you are in a very vulnerable position.

What is going to happen to all of your preparations if something goes wrong and you suddenly lose your home to foreclosure?

I recommend that everyone have an emergency fund that will be able to cover all bills and expenses for at least six months.

Yes, cash is continually losing value.  But during any economic downturn it is absolutely essential that you be able to continue to pay your bills.  Having a cash reserve is the smart thing to do.

So what else can people do to start prepping for the tough times that are on the horizon?

In a previous article, I explained that a good place to start is by focusing on the five basics....

1) Food

2) Water

3) Shelter

4) Energy

5) Self-Defense

If you have those five areas totally covered you will be in pretty good shape.

The following are some more things to consider as you are prepping....

*Do not post pictures of money or gold or your preps on Facebook.  If you do, you might get some unwelcome visitors to your home.

*Make sure that your preparations are not against the law.  If you have any doubt about this, make sure that you do not go on national television and tell all of America what you are doing.

*In the event of a major disaster, there will likely be hordes of "non-preppers" running around looking to take away the things that all of the preppers have been storing up.  This is something that you will need to be prepared for.

*The following are 6 excellent privacy tips for preppers that come from an article by an anonymous author that was recently posted on theintelhub.com....

1. Trust no one that you do not personally know. Even the little old lady down the road will rat on you if she is hungry when the SHTF.

2. Keep your prepping to yourself. Again, do not tell anyone you are prepping. If they know you have stores of food, where do you think they will think of first when the SHTF? Oh and don’t forget, the Department of Homeland Security thinks people with stockpiles of food and weapons as potential domestic terrorist.

3. Don’t share any prepping articles on Facebook or other social media. Don’t draw attention to yourself by posting prepping articles or discussing the topic on the website. You may think you are educating your friends, but in reality you are just letting them know of your actions and plans.

4. Make sure boxes are not labeled with the company name if your order emergency supplies. Most companies will publish this in their ordering information. You don’t want to tip off the UPS driver that you just received a year’s worth of freeze dried food.

5. Do not tell anyone what you are up to. You don’t know how hard it is for me not to tell people I meet that I was almost on the National Geographic TV show. That would be a disaster.

6. Be alert to what others are saying. I was sitting in my dental hygienist chair a week ago and she told me about another customer that was storing food. She thought he might be prepping and she said if it ever got bad, she knew where to find some food. I just acknowledged the statement and let it rest.

*In one article that I did about preparation, I listed 10 things that you can start doing right now to get yourself into a better position for the chaos that is coming....

1 - Get Out Of Debt

2 - Find New Sources Of Income

3 - Reduce Your Expenses

4 - Learn To Grow Your Own Food

5 - Make Sure You Have A Reliable Water Supply

6 - Buy Land

7 - Get Off The Grid

8 - Store Non-Perishable Supplies

9 - Develop Stronger Relationships

10 - Get Educated And Stay Flexible

*Would moving to another area of the country be the best choice for you and your family?  In an article entitled "What Is The Best Place To Live In The United States To Prepare For The Coming Economic Collapse?" I detailed some of the pros and cons for living in various areas of the country.

*In a recent article posted on shtfplan.com, Norse Prepper shared 11 questions that all preppers should be asking themselves....

1. What am I preparing for?

2. Am I going to bug in or bug out?

3. Can I defend my family, property and preps?

4. Do I have enough to feed my family until order is restored?

5. How will I heat my home?

6. How will I keep clean?

7. How will I provide light and electricity?

8. How will I keep up on information and communicate with the outside world?

9. What do I have to offer others?

10. How will I fight off boredom?

11. How do I pay for all of this?

You can read the entire article right here.

*In the years ahead food might cost a whole lot more than it does right now.  Your food dollars are never going to go farther than they do right now.

*Many people do not realize this, but you can grow herbs that have tremendous healing properties in your own garden.

*In a recent article, I detailed some of the things that you will want to consider in the event of a major economic collapse....

#1 Food Shortages Can Actually Happen

#2 Medicine Is One Of The First Things That Becomes Scarce During An Economic Collapse

#3 When An Economy Collapses, So Might The Power Grid

#4 During An Economic Collapse You Cannot Even Take Water For Granted

#5 During An Economic Crisis Your Credit Cards And Debit Cards May Stop Working

#6 Crime, Rioting And Looting Become Commonplace During An Economic Collapse

#7 During A Financial Meltdown Many Average Citizens Will Start Bartering

#8 Suicides Spike During An Economic Collapse

#9 Your Currency May Rapidly Lose Value During An Economic Crisis

#10 When Things Hit The Fan The Government Will Not Save You

*You need to have a plan for what you will do if a massive wildfire comes sweeping through your area.  This is especially true if you live in the western half of the United States.

*In a previous article entitled "20 Things You Will Need To Survive When The Economy Collapses And The Next Great Depression Begins", I made a list of 20 things that you will need when you are not able to rely on Wal-Mart or the grocery store any longer....

#1) Storable Food

#2) Clean Water

#3) Shelter

#4) Warm Clothing

#5) An Axe

#6) Lighters Or Matches

#7) Hiking Boots Or Comfortable Shoes

#8) A Flashlight And/Or Lantern

#9) A Radio

#10) Communication Equipment

#11) A Swiss Army Knife

#12) Personal Hygiene Items

#13) A First Aid Kit And Other Medical Supplies

#14) Extra Gasoline (But Be Very Careful How You Store It)

#15) A Sewing Kit

#16) Self-Defense Equipment

#17) A Compass

#18) A Hiking Backpack

#19) A Community

#20) A Backup Plan

*In the comments following that article, my readers suggested a number of additional items to add to that list....

1. A K-Bar Fighting Knife

2. Salt

3. Extra Batteries

4. Medicine

5. A Camp Stove

6. Propane

7. Pet Food

8. Heirloom Seeds

9. Tools

10. An LED Headlamp

11. Candles

12. Clorox

13. Calcium Hypochlorite

14. Ziplock Bags

15. Maps Of Your Area

16. inoculars

17. Sleeping Bags

18. Rifle For Hunting

19. Extra Socks

20. Gloves

21. Gold And Silver Coins For Bartering

*There are more preppers out there than you might think.  Don't be afraid to reach out and make new friends.

*In a recent article, Brandon Smith shared some of the factors to consider when choosing a location for a survival retreat....

1. Property Placement

2. Community Network

3. Defensibility

4. Water Availability

5. Food Production

6. Proximity To National Forest

7. Secondary Retreat Locations

You can read the rest of that article right here.

*Almost everyone can grow a survival garden.  Even if you only have an apartment, you can still grow a few things on your balcony.

*Don't underestimate the impact a major transportation disruption could have on our daily lives.

*You would be surprised what you can actually do with limited resources.  For example, there is one family that is actually producing 6000 pounds of produce a year on just 1/10th of an acre right in the middle of Pasadena, California.

*Survival Mom once shared the top ten survival tips that nobody wants to talk about....

1. Duct taping your windows will not save you from radiation poisoning.

2. You may have to dig a latrine (more than one time).

3. You may not receive any government benefits or payment from your place of employment during a disaster.

4. It is possible that you may be sick or in the hospital during a disaster.

5. Your pets may not survive.

6. It is likely that your cell phone will not work.

7. No one is coming to help you.

8. Insurance doesn’t cover everything, if there is an insurance company left.

9. There will not be enough food and water for everyone.

10. If it is the end of the world, the previous nine tips will not matter!!!

*An EMP burst caused by a high altitude nuke or by a major solar event could fry most of your electronics.  What are you going to do if that happens?

*Spending a million dollars on a "survival condo" in an abandoned missile silo in Kansas is probably not a very efficient use of your limited resources.

*Off Grid Survival recently posted a list of four powerful traits that most survivors have in common....

1. Survivors stay Calm in the face of Danger

2. Survivalists are Experts at Improvisation

3. Survivors are D.I.Y Experts

4. Survivors are Great Leaders

*You can always learn more.  Organizations such as The American Preppers Network enable preppers to network and learn from one another.

*During the difficult times that are coming, in addition to physical preparation it is going to be absolutely crucial to be both mentally and spiritually tough.

Many have accused me of being a "doom and gloomer", but I don't see anything negative about being prepared.

In fact, having a plan can give you a tremendous amount of hope.  There will be a lot of people out there that will be tremendously blessed in the midst of the chaos that is coming.  Victory often goes to those who are most prepared.

But if you choose simply to have blind faith in the system and you choose to stick your head in the sand, you might find that "ignorance is bliss" for a little while but when the stuff hits the fan it is going to be incredibly painful for you.

Previous generations understood that it was wise to store up supplies in the good years in order to make things easier in the lean years.

Unfortunately, most people these days have never been through truly hard times so they have no idea what they are like.

Just because the world has enjoyed a tremendous amount of prosperity for the last several decades does not mean that things will always be this way.

Wake up, take a look at the storm on the horizon and get prepared while you still can.

If you choose not to prepare now, you will regret it later.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/120-powerful-pieces-of-advice-for-preppers
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 08:14:07 am »

*The following are 6 excellent privacy tips for preppers that come from an article by an anonymous author that was recently posted on theintelhub.com....

1. Trust no one that you do not personally know. Even the little old lady down the road will rat on you if she is hungry when the SHTF.

2. Keep your prepping to yourself. Again, do not tell anyone you are prepping. If they know you have stores of food, where do you think they will think of first when the SHTF? Oh and don’t forget, the Department of Homeland Security thinks people with stockpiles of food and weapons as potential domestic terrorist.

3. Don’t share any prepping articles on Facebook or other social media. Don’t draw attention to yourself by posting prepping articles or discussing the topic on the website. You may think you are educating your friends, but in reality you are just letting them know of your actions and plans.

4. Make sure boxes are not labeled with the company name if your order emergency supplies. Most companies will publish this in their ordering information. You don’t want to tip off the UPS driver that you just received a year’s worth of freeze dried food.

5. Do not tell anyone what you are up to. You don’t know how hard it is for me not to tell people I meet that I was almost on the National Geographic TV show. That would be a disaster.

6. Be alert to what others are saying. I was sitting in my dental hygienist chair a week ago and she told me about another customer that was storing food. She thought he might be prepping and she said if it ever got bad, she knew where to find some food. I just acknowledged the statement and let it rest.

I cannot stress this enough!! Do not tell anyone what you are doing. Do not let on you have a stash of food, or water or weapons. Keep all of that to yourself, or the first thing that will happen is all these people that know you have stuff will come looking for it. Never ever tell anyone that you are prepared for a disaster.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:16:58 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 05:58:01 am »

Here is a perfect example as to WHY you must learn survival skills!!!

If One Storm Can Turn D.C. Dark For Several Days, What Would A Massive EMP Burst Do?

Sometimes we all get a little reminder of just how completely and totally dependent we are on the power grid.  Massive thunderstorms that ripped through Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia left millions without power over the weekend.  At this point it is being projected that some people may not get power back until the end of the week.  The "super derecho" storm that pounded the Washington D.C. area on Friday night with hurricane-force winds is being called unprecedented.  But the truth is that there are other events that could happen that would be far more damaging to our power grid.  For example, a substantial EMP burst over a major U.S. city would fry virtually all of the electronics in the city and take the power grid in the area down indefinitely.  A gigantic EMP burst over the entire country (caused by a massive solar storm or a very large nuclear explosion high in the atmosphere) could theoretically take down the entire national power grid.  Just try to imagine a world where nobody has any electricity, nobody can pump gas, nobody can use their credit cards or get any more money, where most vehicles won't start, where nobody has the Internet, where all cell phones are dead and where nobody can heat or cool their homes.  That is how serious an EMP burst could potentially be.  We are talking about an event that could be millions of times worse than 9/11.

Hopefully this latest storm has reminded Americans about how vulnerable our power grid really is and about how close we really are to being knocked back to the late 1800s.

Let's review some of the damage that this "super derecho" storm caused to the D.C. area....

-Thousands of businesses have been forced to close temporarily because they cannot operate without electricity

-Many federal agencies were closed on Monday because there was no power

-Many 911 call centers throughout Northern Virginia were down over the weekend and could not respond to emergencies

-Without electricity, many families have not been able to cook warm meals

-Without warm water, many families have not been able to take hot showers

-A "boil water advisory" was put into effect for several areas of northern Virginia

-Many families that still do not have power are in danger of losing much of the food in their refrigerators and freezers

-Many gas stations were not able to operate because of a lack of electricity and so this has made filling up the gas tank a major hassle for many families

-Hundreds of traffic lights are still out and this is making commuting a major problem in some areas

-Without air conditioning many families are absolutely sweltering as high temperatures remain well above 90 degrees

-During the power outage some people have been without cell phone service because many cell phone towers were inoperable

-Without electricity, thousands upon thousands of people have not been able to use their computers for several days and this is causing a lot of frustration

-Several major websites were totally knocked offline by the storms as Robert McMillan of Wired Magazine explained....

Hurricane-like storms knocked an Amazon data center in Ashburn, Virginia, offline last night, and a chunk of the internet felt it. The six-hour incident temporarily cut off a number of popular internet services, including Netflix, Pinterest, Heroku, and Instagram.
But to be honest this was not a major disaster.

After a few days the damage will be fixed and people will start to forget what just happened.

Well, what if the damage was permanent and the entire nation had to go without electricity for the foreseeable future?  The following is from a USA Today article by Dan Vergano....

The sky erupts. Cities darken, food spoils and homes fall silent. Civilization collapses.
End-of-the-world novel? A video game? Or could such a scenario loom in America's future?

There is talk of catastrophe ahead, depending on whom you believe, because of the threat of an electromagnetic pulse triggered by either a supersized solar storm or terrorist A-bomb, both capable of disabling the electric grid that powers modern life.
As I have written about previously, an EMP attack could fundamentally change life in America in a single instant.

What would you do if such a scenario happened?

Would you try to go somewhere?  Even if the electronics in your car were not totally fried, you would not be able to pump more gas anywhere.

Would you try to call someone?  Most phones would be totally dead and all normal communications networks would be down.  So who would you call?

Would you bunker down and try to survive on what you have at home?  Most of the food in your refrigerator and freezer would rapidly go bad and most Americans only have enough food to last a few days or a few weeks.  In addition, most Americans would no longer be able to heat or cool their homes, so extreme cold and extreme heat would become huge problems very quickly.

How in the world would any of us survive in a world without electricity?

In past centuries our forefathers knew how to survive in such a world, but most of us do not have the same skills or resources that they had.

The following is how an article in the Wall Street Journal once described what a massive EMP burst would do to this nation....

No American would necessarily die in the initial attack, but what comes next is potentially catastrophic. The pulse would wipe out most electronics and telecommunications, including the power grid. Millions could die for want of modern medical care or even of starvation since farmers wouldn't be able to harvest crops and distributors wouldn't be able to get food to supermarkets. Commissioner Lowell Wood calls EMP attack a "giant continental time machine" that would move us back more than a century in technology to the late 1800s.
What would you do if you were suddenly cut off from all electricity, all money, all modern forms of communication, all modern forms of transportation and all modern forms of shopping?

Don't think that it can't happen.

Scientists tell us that massive EMP bursts generated by gigantic solar storms have hit our planet in the past and that it is inevitable that it will happen again.

In addition, nations all over the planet are aware of what an EMP burst can do and have been developing "Super-EMP" weapons that can take power grids down in a single strike.

The following is a short excerpt from a statement by Dr. Peter Vincent Pry to the United States Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Homeland Security on March 8th, 2005....

Russian and Chinese military scientists in open source writings describe the basic principles of nuclear weapons designed specifically to generate an enhanced-EMP effect, that they term "Super-EMP" weapons. "Super-EMP" weapons, according to these foreign open source writings, can destroy even the best protected U.S. military and civilian electronic systems.
That doesn't sound good.

But perhaps even more troubling is that North Korea has been reportedly developing this type of weapon.  In fact, it has been reported that North Korea may have tested a "Super-EMP" weapon all the way back in 2009....

North Korea’s last round of tests, conducted in May 2009, appear to have included a “super-EMP” weapon, capable of emitting enough gamma rays to disable the electric power grid across most of the lower 48 states
In time, these kinds of weapons will get into more and more hands.

Will someone try to use this kind of weapon at some point?

Frank Gaffney, the president of the Center for Security Policy, believes that a single EMP burst could potentially end up killing the vast majority of the population of the United States....

"Within a year of that attack, nine out of 10 Americans would be dead, because we can't support a population of the present size in urban centers and the like without electricity"
Once you understand these kinds of threats, it makes it a lot easier to understand why preppers are so busy preparing for the future.

Our world is becoming incredibly unstable.  Another major economic crisis could hit us at any time, war in the Middle East could erupt without warning, earthquakes and other natural disasters are becoming more frequent and society seems to get a little crazier with each passing day.

The era of tremendous peace and prosperity that we have all been enjoying is rapidly coming to an end.  In a world filled with instability and chaos, it only seems prudent to take some precautions.

You might want to get prepared while you still have time.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/if-one-storm-can-turn-d-c-dark-for-several-days-what-would-a-massive-emp-burst-do
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 06:13:29 am »

Post Trib Survival stuff
http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,3403.0.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 06:48:27 am »

This is why you need to learn survival skills. The people in D.C. can't even boil water. One of the first things you need to do in a disaster is be able to get clean drinking water. Without clean water you will not last very long. You need to invest in some form of water treatment for fresh water.

I have the Sawyer Squeeze water filter. I suggest you guys look into this as its one of the best filters on the market and very reasonably priced. The best thing is, with proper cleaning, it will last you a life time. Never need to buy another one. Its guaranteed for 1 million gallons of water, and stops everything but virus. Which in the U.S. you don't have to worry about virus. yet... anyway its very simple to use, you fill up a bag hook on the filter and squeeze, hence its name. The filter fits any standard 2 liter bottle cap connector, so it can be used with just about anything. it also gravity feeds really well also. I have this, I use it, so it's good to go and well worth this investment.

Sawyer Point One Squeeze Water Filter w/ 3 pouches
by Sawyer
4.1 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (21 customer reviews) | Like 1341315192 false -1 7 7 6 (7)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $59.99
Price: $51.48 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details 
Deal Price:   
You Save: $8.51 (14%) 

http://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-PointOne-Squeeze-Filter-System/dp/B005EHPVQW/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1341316090&sr=1-1&keywords=Sawyer+Squeeze+Water+Filter+System

http://sectionhiker.com/sawyer-squeeze-water-filter-system/

now for water purification, meaning if you really suspect the water, you need somethign that will kill virus. The filter will stop everything but virus so you dont have to worry about bugs or microbes or any of the little nasties that are in water. But to be 100% sure you need something that will kill everything including virus. Iodine does not kill virus or cryptosporidium, so thats a waste right there. Also the Squeeze stops the cryptosporidium. so what you need is some MP1 tablets.

Katadyn Micropur Chlorine Dioxide Tablets
http://sectionhiker.com/katadyn-micropur-chlorine-dioxide-tablets/

http://www.amazon.com/Katadyn-MicroPur-Purification-Tablets-Choice/dp/B000R2ND6O

This stuff will kill everything in 4 hours time. Well 4 hours to kill cryptosporidium, 15 min and it purifies the water. But again the Squeeze filter stops the cryptosporidium. So you really just need this for virus, and really only if you suspect the water. They say there is no after taste, yet there is, kind of like swallowing water from a swimming pool after taste. But no ill effects as i have used this. I own it, and know its safe.

So just from what happened this week, and heck lets face it, this country is under judgment and disaster is coming to you sooner than later, and its best to be preparred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 10:40:19 am »

DAY 4: MILLIONS STILL WITHOUT POWER...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/2/storm-blackouts-drag-could-last-days/

ON YOUR OWN: During VA storms, 911 system failed for 48 hours...
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/No-Deaths-Related-to-911-Total-Failure-161104535.html?dr

Gingrich: 'Mild Taste of What Electromagnetic Pulse Attack Would Do'...
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/newt-gingrich-dc-weather-mild-taste-what-emp-electromagnetic-pulse-attack-would-do_648043.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 12:27:47 pm »

Had to go through this when I lived in New Orleans during Katrina - at least we were given warning to evacuate and had a place to stay for a month.

This is definitely another Katrina, albeit NOONE was given warning in advance.

Also, coincidence that the USSC upholding Obamacare, the massive wildfires in the Rocky Mountains, and now this happened almost simultaneously? Is the imminent "the big one" on the West Coast going to happen soon?

"Watch"
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 12:34:42 pm »

This is why you need to learn survival skills. The people in D.C. can't even boil water. One of the first things you need to do in a disaster is be able to get clean drinking water. Without clean water you will not last very long. You need to invest in some form of water treatment for fresh water.

I have the Sawyer Squeeze water filter. I suggest you guys look into this as its one of the best filters on the market and very reasonably priced. The best thing is, with proper cleaning, it will last you a life time. Never need to buy another one. Its guaranteed for 1 million gallons of water, and stops everything but virus. Which in the U.S. you don't have to worry about virus. yet... anyway its very simple to use, you fill up a bag hook on the filter and squeeze, hence its name. The filter fits any standard 2 liter bottle cap connector, so it can be used with just about anything. it also gravity feeds really well also. I have this, I use it, so it's good to go and well worth this investment.

I got mine from the one Alex Jones recommended 2 years ago, Berkey(forgot about it until you mentioned water filters here) - no, I don't endorse Jones at all, but nonetheless people have said alot of good things about Berkey.

Thank you for the reminder, Mark, b/c like said, forgot I had it!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 12:36:51 pm »

I got mine from the one Alex Jones recommended 2 years ago, Berkey(forgot about it until you mentioned water filters here) - no, I don't endorse Jones at all, but nonetheless people have said alot of good things about Berkey.

Thank you for the reminder, Mark, b/c like said, forgot I had it!

How portable is that thing? Also i caught the start of his show today and he was pushing some kind of filter with flouride in it.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 12:39:48 pm »

How portable is that thing? Also i caught the start of his show today and he was pushing some kind of filter with flouride in it.

How portable? I believe it's about 24 inches? Is this too big?

No, I don't think Jones has direct ties, per se, with Berkey. I remember hearing about this 2 years ago, and the people on the phone seemed sincere. And it wasn't just Jones recommending it, even the anti-Jones crowd had nice things to say about it, I think.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 12:47:17 pm »

How portable? I believe it's about 24 inches? Is this too big?

No, I don't think Jones has direct ties, per se, with Berkey. I remember hearing about this 2 years ago, and the people on the phone seemed sincere. And it wasn't just Jones recommending it, even the anti-Jones crowd had nice things to say about it, I think.

How many gallons does that do? Mine does a million and stops everything but virus, whats your specs?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 12:52:06 pm »

How many gallons does that do? Mine does a million and stops everything but virus, whats your specs?

"Each set of two purification elements will be effective for up to 6000 gallons(approximately two years under normal use) in removing...[various germs, long list]".

This is what I read on the instructions(in front of me).

At the same time, we're all going to have to pray for the Lord's guidance - I tell you, 95%(maybe a conservative estimate) of the modern-day church is DEAD. You walk into any one of them today, it feels like a 5 star Holiday Inn hotel. It's not like you're going to get any end times advice from them. And all of us on this forum are scattered across the world.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 12:55:40 pm »

whats it called so i can look it up?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 12:59:42 pm »

http://www.berkeyfilters.com/
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 01:01:12 pm »

whats it called so i can look it up?

http://www.berkeyfilters.com/berkeyfaqs.htm

How do I know when it is time to replace the Black Berkey filters in my system?

The manufacturer suggests 2 methods. The first method is:
1.Multiply the number of Black Berkey filters in your system by 3,000 gallons to get Total Life in gallons for all filter elements within the system.
2.Next, keep track of how many gallons of water you normally use in one day this is Total Use.
3.Then divide the Total Life by the Total Use. This will be the approximate number of days your filter elements will last before they need replacement.
4.Next, calculate the future date to replace the filters. Write that date on a sticker and attach it to the bottom of your system for future reference.

Example: If you had a family of 4 and each person drinks 1/2 gallon of water a day you would use 2 gallons a day. A two filter system lasts 6000 gallons. Divide 6000 by 2. This gives you 3000. That's 3000 days before you would need to replace your filters. 3000 divided by 365 days a year would be 8.2 years filter life!

Your Black Berkey filter elements will never stop working; the filtration rate just slows down. This brings us to the second method. If after cleaning your elements they do not filter any faster; it is time to replace them.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 01:07:38 pm »

That Squeeze device is more what people might need initially, or when on the move. You don't always run up on large bodies of water, so that thing is handy, like a hand pump filter I've seen that acts like a bicycle pump only smaller. You just push the plunger and water is forced out the other end like coming out of a syringe. Don't remember specs of it, but I think it has ceramic filters.

Berkey is suppose to be a decent unit, but they have several sizes, from large countertop, to a water bottle type.

One of the first things you need to do in a disaster is be able to get clean drinking water. Without clean water you will not last very long.

Fire. It can help get you the water. Water is no good if you don't trust it, or can't purify it. So I'd say it's a tossup as what's more important initially. In the end, yes, water. You got about 4 days max, most it's more like 3 days.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 01:08:20 pm »

is that what you have? this giant water cooler thing?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 01:16:14 pm »

is that what you have? this giant water cooler thing?

Are you referring to me or Kilika?

If to me, yes. Although I wouldn't say it's "giant", per se, but not the small one you posted above. I would say maybe 36 or so inches tall?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 01:17:38 pm »

As a extreme backup, you can use a heavy duty ziplock baggy to boil water over an open fire. The trick is keeping the flame off the bag so it won't melt. It's hard but works.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 01:19:12 pm »

As a extreme backup, you can use a heavy duty ziplock baggy to boil water over an open fire. The trick is keeping the flame off the bag so it won't melt. It's hard but works.

That requires starting a fire. To which most people do not know how to do either.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 01:20:12 pm »

This has been a very good discussion - thank you, everyone, for all the input. It's not easy, like said above, with the modern-day church to give any end times advice like this.

Come to think of it, you don't hear any pastors on the pulpits that are aware of what's going on in the mid-Atlantic.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 01:25:29 pm »

That requires starting a fire. To which most people do not know how to do either.

I hear ya! Most are better off being nowhere near a fire!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 01:41:16 pm »

I hear ya! Most are better off being nowhere near a fire!

Yep starting a fire isnt as easy as people think. I just think there are some skill sets that are needed, not just for those who have to survive a 7 year hell on Earth.

How To Split Wood Using An Axe Or A Knife
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-split-wood-using-an-axe-or-a-knife

How To Build And Light A Fire
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-build-and-light-a-fire

Swedish Fire Torch

just some useful tips.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 01:48:22 pm »

Swedish fire torch! Hmm, that's a neat way to do it. Ready made cook surface! And I suspect it will smolder for a long time, making restart easy.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 02:00:44 pm »

Swedish fire torch! Hmm, that's a neat way to do it. Ready made cook surface! And I suspect it will smolder for a long time, making restart easy.

Yes, plus portable, containable and easy to put out. its also stealthy, which for me is a big selling point. Also hobo stoves are good ones.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:03:57 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: