End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 01:18:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Katy Perry, Lada Gaga Inspired Church Stage Design

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katy Perry, Lada Gaga Inspired Church Stage Design  (Read 1441 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2012, 12:34:57 pm »

http://www.alittleleaven.com/2012/10/katy-perry-lada-gaga-inspired-church-stage-design.html

Church Stage Design Ideas, a website for innovative church stage designers brings us this Church stage design that admittedly was inspired by Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Adele.

Our question is "WHY?"

Picture inside link

Here's a photo of the real stage used by Katy Perry for comparison...because everybody everywhere knows that Katy Perry and Lady Gaga are outstanding Christian role-models that all of our daughters should strive to emulate...especially in church.

Picture inside link
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 12:43:43 pm »

CATHOLICS
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 01:14:53 pm »

Good catch!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7443605/

http://www.shutterstock.co.in/pic-63920905/stock-vector-vector-various-religious-symbols.html
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 01:56:15 pm »

Mark and Kilika,

Well Mark you first - the symbol you posted(from the link I posted in the OP) is from Chris Roseborough's Fighting for the Faith ministry/site. I used to be a regular listener of him 2-3 years ago until he did a segment attacking the King James Bible. Even worse, he used Steven Anderson as a (lame)example to attack it(if you guys remember Anderson, he was that pastor who made national headlines 3 years ago for getting tased by police - but later someone exposed him online for calling Jesus's blood atonement for our sins "kool-aid drinking"). So yeah, Roseborough using Anderson as a pawn to attack the KJV, and then promoting the NIV *and* the ESV was pretty low.

Pretty much - Roseborough really has NO depth exposing Apostasy. Sure, he exposes alot of the "seeker-sensitive" stuff like what's going on in the megachurches/Emergent churches, but that is AS FAR as he'll go(and the same can be said with some of these other online, end times "discernment" ministries). And he's also a professed Lutheran, a former Focus on the Family employee(went to HS with Dobson's son), and believes in St Aug's A-Mill escatology heresy.

So basically, Mark and Kilika, this is a CATHOLIC symbol this guy's using on his ministry? Thank you for the heads up here! Can't believe I missed this back then!

And thank you for reminder and heads up over being careful with some of these "ministries" like whose link I posted in the OP - also of observation...remember the "culture wars" in the 80's and 90's that the "religious right" supposedly lead to war against? It seems like we're seeing the "culture wars" part deux where at one end is the Postmodernism/Emergent church, and the other end is some of these online "end times discernment" ministries like Roseborough's going at each other. Come to think of it too - these are the ONLY names Rick Warren will call out on his twitter blog(Ingrid Shulster is another - she's another endtimes discernment watchwoman who works for WCY, which is owned by Catholics).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 02:39:23 pm »

"Chi-Rho" or "sigla": the letters "X" and "P," representing the first letters of the title "Christos," were eventually put together to form this symbol for Christ ("Chi" is pronounced "Kie"). It is this form of the Cross that Constantine saw in his vision along with the Greek words, TOUTO NIKA, which are rendered in Latin as "In hoc signo vinces" and which mean "in this sign thou shalt conquer.

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 06:26:30 pm »

‘I Kissed a Girl’ Katy Perry Speaks About Transcendental Meditation at Vatican Conference

Pop singer Katheryn Hudson, who goes by the stage name Katy Perry and is known for her lesbian experimentation song “I Kissed a Girl,” recently spoke on transcendental meditation alongside her mentor at the Vatican’s “Unite to Cure” conference. Her appearance, along with others, such as Deepak Chopra and Dr. Mehmet Oz, have raised concern about ongoing ecumenism at the Vatican in joining together all kinds of beliefs and practices under one banner.

“Bobby was able to teach me meditation in India,” Hudson told those gathered during the talk entitled “Impacting Children’s Health Through Meditation Globally.” “The stillness that I found is beyond anything I’ve ever experienced.”

“It’s helped a lot with my anxiety. Instead of having to turn to [a] prescription, I’ve been able to turn to this,” she said. “It helps incredibly with jet lag … and for all the Italians, it helps with the hangovers.”

Hudson asserted during the talk that meditation is not a religion, but is simply “taking care of one’s temple.”

“I was raised in a Christian household,” Hudson outlined, noting that her parents, who identify as evangelists, were present at the talk. “I was raised around the idea that our body is a temple. And I think if our body is truly a temple, we have to take care of it mind, body and soul. And this takes care of your mind.”

“I notice when I meditate that my whole brain kind of opens up—it kind of feels like a halo is ignited above my head,” she continued. “And it’s like I’m clearing out the cobwebs of my neuropathways and finding new neuropathways to ignite.”

Hudson said that transcendental meditation has also helped her creativity as a musical artist, “especially when I come out of it.”

Her mentor, Bob Roth, praised Hudson, stating that “100 million people really trust” the pop singer, and said that she had helped others get into meditation because of her influence.

“600,000 young kids have learned to meditate, and a lot of it because of your words,” Roth stated. “No exaggeration, you have saved thousands and thousands of lives.”

“Words are very powerful,” Hudson replied. “God created the world with words.”

The pop singer also met Roman Catholic leader Jorge Bergoglio, known as Pope Francis, during her visit and tweeted, “Honored to be in the presence of His Holiness @franciscus’ compassionate heart and inclusivity.”

The event was billed as a global health care initiative and presented by the Vatican’s Pontifical Council for Culture, the Stem for Life Foundation, the Cura Foundation and the STOQ Foundation. It featured a number of doctors and health care leaders, including New Age figure Deepak Chopra, and was moderated by CNN’s medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a Hindu; talk show host Dr. Mehmet Oz, a Muslim; CBS correspondent Max Gomez, and journalist Meredith Vieira.

View an outline of the conference here.

While the Vatican’s three-day conference was attended by priests, biotech representatives and celebrities alike, Mike Gendron of Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries told Christian News Network that he found both the allowance of a presentation on transcendental meditation and the ecumenical speakers’ list to be troubling.

“We can only wonder why Katy Perry was invited to a Vatican conference and an audience with the pope,” he said. “Perry pontificated about the benefits of TM from the very chair that Pope Francis often communicates his messages. In both cases, their ‘wisdom of this world is foolishness before God’ (1 Cor. 3:19).”

As previously reported, Hudson, a former Contemporary Christian Music (CCM) artist, spoke at a Human Rights Campaign gala in March 2017 and was presented with a homosexual advocacy award. She pointed to her 2008 hit song “I Kissed a Girl” during her speech as she told those gathered that “I did more than that.” Her remark generated both cheers and applause from attendees.

Hudson also made headlines in 2016 when she donated $10,000 to the abortion and contraception giant Planned Parenthood out of fear that the organization might be defunded by the Trump administration.

“Planned Parenthood educated me on my body and my reproductive health, so that I could focus on my dreams and using my voice until I knew the timing was right for me to make a plan to have a family,” she wrote on social media. “Without this education, I may have had a different life path.”

Gendron said that he believed that the allowance of Roth and Hudson’s talk on transcendental meditation, along with the other aforementioned speakers, further evidenced Bergoglio’s desire to unite all religions and beliefs.

“He is aggressively pursuing his ecumenical agenda for religious unity and not anything to stand in his way. Clearly part of his strategy for a global religion is to cast the net into all of society and unite the world through highly influential people,” he opined.

“What better way to suppress the doctrinal differences that divide religions than to promote the ungodly Hindu practice of TM. The practice is embraced by atheists, agnostics and people from a variety of religious affiliations,” Gendron stated. “The process opens the mind to the spiritual realm such that any thought can enter. God’s word gives a resolute warning to such devilish practices. We are to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ so that we can destroy speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God (2 Cor. 10:5).”

According to reports, transcendental meditation was first made popular in the 1950’s by Hindu guru Mahesh Prasad Varma, also known as Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. He learned the technique from Indian Hindu leader Swami Brahmananda Saraswati, of whom he was a follower, and named his efforts the Spiritual Regeneration Movement. Secular artists such as the Beatles are stated to have been taught by Varma.

Gendron, a former Roman Catholic of 30 years who now teaches Christians how to share the gospel with Catholics, said that the Vatican’s universal embrace, as evidenced by the various speakers, is not biblical.

“As the self-proclaimed head of the Roman Catholic Church, the pope’s blueprint for building his ecumenical church is much different from the blueprint of the Lord’s exclusive church. The true church was never ordained to be driven by man’s schemes and methods, but to be made up of all who would repent and believe His Gospel (Mark 1:15),” he stated.

“It is my prayer that Catholics would search the Scriptures to determine a true prophet from a false prophet, the true church from the false church and the narrow way that leads to life from the wide road that leads to destruction (Mat. 7:13-15).”

https://christiannews.net/2018/05/15/i-kissed-a-girl-katy-perry-speaks-about-transcendental-meditation-at-vatican-conference/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: