End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:06:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What is the will of God?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the will of God?  (Read 695 times)
Kilika
« on: April 09, 2012, 06:02:39 pm »

37   All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 
38   For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 
39   And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 
40   And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:37-40 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:18:17 pm »

Thank you for posting this - yeah, the typical brainwashing in Churchianity is they will tend to twist and make up stuff when it comes to "What is the will of God?". By and large, they will say stuff like how God's will for you is to go out and get a successful job, tithe at least 10% of your growing income, and through this you can bring many many to Christ. The typical 501c3 pastor will say how "God called me to be a pastor at this church"(and go on and on how God gave him or her "visions" over building bigger buildings, yoking with Habitat for Humanity and secular anti-hunger organizations, build up the "church membership", etc).

Anyhow, thank you for clarifying this - yes, God's will is that people get saved, otherwise if they don't then they have to spend eternity in the lake of fire. This passage alone makes this clear.

Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Mar 3:32  And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.
Mar 3:33  And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
Mar 3:34  And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
Mar 3:35  For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God

Gal_1:4  Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

1Pe 4:1  Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
1Pe 4:2  That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:25:08 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 05:00:49 am »

The will of God is the same as God's commandments in the NT.

2 Peter 3:
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not WILLING that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Mark 16:
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and PREACH the gospel to every creature.

1 Corinthians 1:
17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to PREACH the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Matthew 22:
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy NEIGHBOUR as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 04:41:35 pm »

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Charrington

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 05:46:06 pm »

“Quit being fashioned after this system of things, but be transformed by making your mind over, that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and complete will of God.”—Rom. 12:2.

"Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother.” -- Mark 3:35

"Always be rejoicing. 17 Pray incessantly. 18 In connection with everything give thanks. For this is the will of God in union with Christ Jesus respecting YOU." --  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:51:02 pm by Charrington » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 05:07:27 am »

How many times have you heard "Modern Bible Leaders" say that you have to find the will of God in your life and then they go on to say they had some experience that confirmed their idea to do something (like start a worldwide ministry). ?

Wouldn't one find the will of God for your life by reading the KJV Bible rather than an experience or something else. The KJV word of God is my decision maker.
Report Spam   Logged
Charrington

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 09:33:53 pm »

How many times have you heard "Modern Bible Leaders" say that you have to find the will of God in your life and then they go on to say they had some experience that confirmed their idea to do something (like start a worldwide ministry). ?

Wouldn't one find the will of God for your life by reading the KJV Bible rather than an experience or something else. The KJV word of God is my decision maker.

Well it's definitely found in the bible that much is for sure.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 11:10:45 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: