End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 07:09:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Did Jesus Have Long Hair?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Jesus Have Long Hair?  (Read 3057 times)
hannahj

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2013, 12:48:32 pm »

Your using fear just like those who say a person must be armed to "protect their family". The ONLY arming a person needs is the Holy Ghost within, which is the FULL armour of God. Yet people will say, "But what would you do if somebody were to break into your house and kidnap your spouse, etc". THAT is a lack of faith in God to do what He has promised to do, which is to protect us from evil, which people SHOULD be praying for "without ceasing", you know, the "Lord's Prayer". But then a person must actually believe their prayers are heard. Some just go through the motions, like Catholics, but are caught up in the law and have zero faith.

How a person dresses is "vanity and vexation of spirit". Look it up.

Yes worrying about the law is vain. But there is wisdom in it none the less.

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law..." Romans 7:7

And what about these verses....

"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;" 1 Timothy 2:9

"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." 1 Corinthians 11:15

I do think that God cares about how we present ourselves. Now are we saved because we cover up or believe that Jesus had long or short hair? NO! But, none the less, I think it can affect your faith. Especially men, because it a woman is dressing in a revealing manner, it can tempt them to sin. Is that solely the woman's fault? No, but she didn't help.

Again, that's a lack of faith. And no, it's not important. God doesn't care what the wicked do, because He doesn't know them. He already knows they are doing evil.

If you scold Catholics over the Shroud, then you need to scold them on ALL their hypocrisies about idols and graven images. Don't be selective, they got plenty to rebuke!

A false picture? Their whole religion is false!  Roll Eyes I expect them to be wrong and focus on the wrong things. That's what evil does, but you being concerned about it shows me your lack faith in God to reveal Himself to whom He chooses.

Do you honestly think God can't make Himself known to a person if that person is truly seeking Him? You actually think some stupid picture is going to derail what a person from the heart seeks? Talk about lacking faith in God! You need to repent! With God, NOTHING is impossible.

The damage that the RCC has done to you runs deeper than you realize. Your still thinking like a faithless Catholic who thinks they must help God do His job, which is to give the gift of the Holy Ghost (which is Jesus Christ in you) once born-again, which will lead all believers to the truth and direct them to what's right.

I don't think that you're understanding FFF position here. One, I don't think he's far off. I've read the arguements in the pre vs post trib thread and he's not Catholic. He says how he feels led to expose them and what not.

Just because someone is post-trib doesn't mean they are Catholic. I'm post-trib, and I wasn't raised Catholic at all. Scott Johnson was raised in all sorts of pseudo-Christian religion and he's post-trib.

But, anyway, yes I agree with FFF. A picture can alter someone's faith. What about baby Christians? They may think that the picture that Mark just posted, with the long hair hippy Jesus, is the REAL Jesus. But then, they may stumble upon the verse calling long hair a covering and a sin. Then the internal dialogue could go something like this...

But, if Jesus had long hair ... He sinned... GASP! Our saviour sinned. So He can't bear my sins anymore...

Now obviously Jesus never sinned. But it could lead baby Christians down a bad road, and it could make it even harder to win them back for the Lord, through the power of the Holy Spirit, if we as Bible-believing Christians recognize something that's obviously false as truth.

And also, I think you were a little mean to FFF. This may just be because I'm a woman, and I'm a little shy at times. But I think when you come at someone and say that they aren't saved because of something like this.... it's prideful. I mean, no one hear thinks that this is a salvation issue. But, it could lead a few sheep down a wrong path. I think you were a little harsh in saying that he's not saved purely because he thinks that this could alter someones faith.

I believe that women not dressing modestly could lead many to temptation, am I not saved?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: