End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 01:18:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Did Jesus Have Long Hair?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Jesus Have Long Hair?  (Read 3072 times)
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2013, 10:16:11 pm »

No, it is not the same! Scripture proves it. Besides, what you claim is showing no respect for Christian women. They wouldn't dress like that if they are in fact real believers. What your claiming is the same as having no faith because your using fear to say, "Oh no, they might dress wrong".

It is the same. God cares what we look like. God made men and women to look different, and to look a certain way (men should have shorter hair and wear pants, women should have longer hair and wear skirts/dresses). Just like God cares what we say. We are to speak a certain way (clean speech without profanity). And what we do (we act appropriately and orderly, not chaotic and crazy).

Sodomy is a perfect example of how God cares. If God didn't care how things He created were used or presented, sodomy would be a-ok. Obviously, it's not. The Biblical sexual prohibitions are there because God made sex to be done the way He designed it. To do otherwise is a sin. Now if a woman had chemo therapy and can't grow out her hair or some other extenuating circumstance, God knows their heart and that they're trying. I'm not a legalist, I don't believe we are under the law. But that doesn't change what a man, a woman, or anything else was designed to be.

Your using fear just like those who say a person must be armed to "protect their family". The ONLY arming a person needs is the Holy Ghost within, which is the FULL armour of God. Yet people will say, "But what would you do if somebody were to break into your house and kidnap your spouse, etc". THAT is a lack of faith in God to do what He has promised to do, which is to protect us from evil, which people SHOULD be praying for "without ceasing", you know, the "Lord's Prayer". But then a person must actually believe their prayers are heard. Some just go through the motions, like Catholics, but are caught up in the law and have zero faith.

How am I using fear, may I ask?

If you scold Catholics over the Shroud, then you need to scold them on ALL their hypocrisies about idols and graven images. Don't be selective, they got plenty to rebuke!

Who said I wasn't? I think we SHOULD constantly remind people of the downright abominable practices of the Roman "church".

A false picture? Their whole religion is false!  Roll Eyes I expect them to be wrong and focus on the wrong things. That's what evil does, but you being concerned about it shows me your lack faith in God to reveal Himself to whom He chooses.

So God will save those whom He will. No evangelizing necessary, right?

Obviously, I'm being sarcastic here, but saying that I have a lack of faith kind of stings. It also feels like you're saying we don't really need to do anything at all. God will save those whom He will, and the unbelievers? Well, there's nothing we can do about them... Obviously, we're not saved by works. Christ is the end of the law. However, faith without works is dead, being alone. And we are called to be salt and light. What does light do? Expose darkness.

Do you honestly think God can't make Himself known to a person if that person is truly seeking Him? You actually think some stupid picture is going to derail what a person from the heart seeks? Talk about lacking faith in God! You need to repent! With God, NOTHING is impossible.

I don't know if you've ever ventured into the uncharted waters of secular forums, but the vast vast VAST majority of them are atheist/agnostic/Zeitgeist people. They put out propaganda and lies on a day-to-day basis. They do their best to make Christians look like hypocrites. And a lot of the time, it's not that hard, unfortunately. Take a look at this "de-motivational poster" from the internet:

Now it's stuff like this that are turning people away from the faith (and I'm talking about people NOT in the faith, not people in the faith falling away) like nothing else. Imagine all the people that have just as good a shot at getting saved (you can't claim to know who will get saved or not. That's why we preach to EVERYONE) but now they won't even bother opening up a Bible, thinking that Christians are just a bunch of hypocrites. Just like celebrating Easter the pagan fertility rite and Saturnalia the birth of the sun god Tammuz. Now we can thank the Catholic church for all of that, but nevertheless, they believe Catholics are Christians.

The damage that the RCC has done to you runs deeper than you realize. Your still thinking like a faithless Catholic who thinks they must help God do His job, which is to give the gift of the Holy Ghost (which is Jesus Christ in you) once born-again, which will lead all believers to the truth and direct them to what's right.

I'm actually quite offended by that. Not in a "Oh, how dare he!" sense, but in the sense that you have judged a matter before you heard it. You don't know me. You don't know my walk with Christ. Yet you say I'm just thinking like some Catholic person because I think evangelizing and exposing evil and deception (like the Shroud of Turin and the false hippie long hair Jesus) is an important thing to do.

What is the great commission? To preach the Gospel to every living creature. Why would Jesus tell us to do that if He didn't want us to do that? Or if it would be a "lack of faith" to preach the Gospel to the lost or to shed light on evil and falsity? Yes, God will save whom He will, but you don't know who they are and aren't. And so as Christians we have an obligation to be out there showing everyone the true Gospel and exposing and rebuking anything that would deter them or would deceive them.

Are we gonna fall short sometimes? Of course we will. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Only Jesus Christ never fell short while here on earth. But we still have to try.

Honestly, why strike out at me like that?

"Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted." (Galatians 6:1)

Look, I'm not trying to attack you, and I certainly hope you weren't trying to attack me.

Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: