End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 09:08:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Did Jesus Have Long Hair?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Jesus Have Long Hair?  (Read 3077 times)
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2013, 12:41:00 am »

I'm not attacking anybody, just making an observation of what you have posted. You got a reply for every thing it seems.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" (1 Peter 3:15)

Rather contentious. You claim to be born-again for what, a year now? And you are an expert eh? All mature in the gospel. I did approach you with meekness, as that is what scriptrue is, meekness, and so far, you have rejected everything I have shared, and on top of that, you miss the point totally.

What happened to this?

I never said they are not saved! "Judge not..."

Like I said, you've judged a matter before you've heard it.

1) I've been saved since early 2009. That means almost 5 years, not 1.

2) When did I say I was an expert on anything? The only expert in the Word is God.

Your replies are classic denial. I noticed you have either ignored, or glossed over what I posted.

The very thing you're accusing me of is what you've done. You've quoted only bits of my posts and answered even less of them. I honestly do try to answer everything that a person responds to me with.

Like for instance you totally ignored the FACT that by you making that claim, you disrespect believing women. Not a peep about that. Instead you turned it around and are still trying to claim what I already refuted with scripture.

How did I "disrespect" Christian women? I made a comparison. To say that God doesn't care at all what we look like would be like saying a saved woman can dress that way and it doesn't matter because God doesn't care. The point was to show that God DOES care. Now does God care if you wear a suit and tie or a polo and khakis all the time? I don't believe so. I'm not a legalist. But God wants men to look like men and women to look like women. And God wants us to be modest in our appearance and dress. If He didn't, Paul would not have mentioned it in God's own Word. Now does that make a saved woman unsaved? No. But I do believe it grieves the Holy Spirit that lives inside her.

The same for a man with long hair. It says in the Bible that a man with long hair is a shame, and if he prays with a covering (long hair), he dishonors his head.

The truth stings, sorry. If you were grounded and settled, it wouldn't, as once settled in your faith, you know what the truth is. You still have some major spiritual growing to do, starting with asking God to ease that pride of yours.

No, I'm not attacking, I'm loving you by bothering to share what I know for a fact is true.

The truth does sting, but what you call truth is just accusing somebody of something with a very small handful of old posts to go by. Again, you've never met me, nor do you know anything about my walk with Christ. To make a blanket accusation like that without any true knowledge of me or my character is quite offensive.

I don't have everything figured out. I'm fallible. I'm a sinner. That's why I need Jesus. I need a Saviour. Do I get prideful sometimes? Of course, we all do. But we realize we've sinned afterward, and learn from them.

I explained it in my reply! Did you not read it? I even gave scripture to back what I'm saying.  Roll Eyes

This is what you said:

Your using fear just like those who say a person must be armed to "protect their family". The ONLY arming a person needs is the Holy Ghost within, which is the FULL armour of God. Yet people will say, "But what would you do if somebody were to break into your house and kidnap your spouse, etc". THAT is a lack of faith in God to do what He has promised to do, which is to protect us from evil, which people SHOULD be praying for "without ceasing", you know, the "Lord's Prayer". But then a person must actually believe their prayers are heard. Some just go through the motions, like Catholics, but are caught up in the law and have zero faith.

No scripture on how I'm supposedly using fear. Only scripture (later) on appearances. You just say I'm using fear, and then go on a slight rant about people that say they need guns to protect their family. How exactly am I using fear? By using the law? I'm not. I'm quoting from the New Testament. That's where it talks about it being a shame. I'm not trying to spread fear.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

And that is another reason you should repent! This is no joke. Get rid of that attitude and get serious! I'm not playing games here, I'm dead serious. If I didn't care about you I wouldn't say a word to you.

You can use humor when making a point. Remember Elijah when talking to the priests of Baal:

"And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked." (1 Kings 18:27)

Being so young in the faith is part of your problem. I've seen it SO many times over the years. Some new believer thinks they got it all figured out, and are on fire to share it with everybody. Suddenly they think they are expert in the gospel, yet like you, have overlooked the "first principles of the oracles of God".

When did I say I had it all figured out? I DON'T. That's why I'm trying to learn. I could very well be wrong about everything. The long hair, the post-trib, the holidays, etc. But if I'm wrong, I want to be PROVEN wrong. With scripture. Not just "Oh, you're confused," or "Oh, you're weak in faith," or whatever else someone might say. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If I'm not wrong, it's not because I'm so smart that I figured it out. It's because it's there in God's Word and God showed it to me. It's not ME that should get the glory. It's God Almighty.

I've been doing this for many years now, and have read just about it all from people. And yes, I've spent plenty of time in "secular "message boards". SO what? Who cares what the unbelieving say? Are you that thin skinned that you get your feelings hurt because somebody tells you your wrong? Wow. Talk about sensitive. Instead of whining about it, you should be rejoicing that your being, in your mind, "persecuted".

THIS is how you should be reacting, but your not...

"Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake." Mark 5:11 (KJB)

I know. I'm trying to get better in that regard. However, I get very upset, not because they attack me, but because they blaspheme God and are on the expressway to hell. Does it bother you that they are? It bothers me. A lot. And that's why I frequent those forums. Online witnessing. You never know what God can use.

Really? You posted it in your own words! So I replied. I read what you have posted. I have judged what you posted, saw error and commented about it. Don't go trying to spin this around. If you reject what I have said, that is on you. No skin off my back. Plenty will reject what I say, just as Jesus says.

You've gotten most of what you thought you knew about me wrong. I've acknowledged this above.

Have you read anything I posted? When have I said people should not preach the gospel? Now your grasping!

This is what you said:

The damage that the RCC has done to you runs deeper than you realize. Your still thinking like a faithless Catholic who thinks they must help God do His job, which is to give the gift of the Holy Ghost (which is Jesus Christ in you) once born-again, which will lead all believers to the truth and direct them to what's right.

What you're saying here is that it's not a Christian's place to "help God do His job." I'm not saying God needs our help in anything. But God commanded us to "help" by witnessing and preaching the Gospel. Do I save someone when they get led to the Lord by my actions? No! It was God working through me!

You also said this:

God doesn't care what the wicked do, because He doesn't know them. He already knows they are doing evil.

God doesn't care what the wicked do because He doesn't know them? What this is telling me is that you don't think it's important to dwell on the wicked, because they are already doing evil and obviously aren't saved. Whereas God tells us this:

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)

1) This tells me that God DOES care what the wicked do, because He wants them to repent.

2) How will they come to repentance? Will they just say one day, "You know what? I think I wanna get saved!" Man left to his own devices will defy God in any and every capacity. This is where God uses us to "help" Him lead those souls to Him. The Holy Spirit indwells them and they get saved. Again, not because of me. It's God working through me. But in a sense, we do "help" by obeying His command (even though God is the one doing the saving).

What you are not wanting to see is that I just did to you what you just said people should do! I exposed and rebuked what you posted. And now your offended? My apologies for offending you, but I won't apologize for preaching the gospel, and that is what I have done, you rejected it, I'm moving on.

You "exposed" my post? How? What was there to expose? Am I a Pharisee over here putting burdens on people that they can't bear? A woman can't grow out her hair? A man can't cut his hair? Yes, there are exceptions to this, I understand that. I'm not a legalist. But I don't see what there is to "expose" in my post. It says it clearly in the New Testament that men should have short hair and women long hair. That's not my opinion.

And to say that God doesn't care at all about our appearance is false, otherwise it would never have come up. I'm not saying we don't have choices in our garb. The poor man in tattered garb is accepted just as much as the rich man in clean new garb. But men and women should look like men and women. There's a reason the restroom signs have a man in pants and a woman in a dress  Cheesy. It's just a foregone conclusion.

That is just silly. I've said no such thing.

Not in words, but in implications. Read above.

Look, ignore what my words say, and just read the bible, okay? It will sink in eventually.

You accuse me of having pride... But hey. We're all fallible human beings here. I'm not gonna argue with you anymore. If you wanna say I'm a confused, weak, faithless residual Catholic, that's fine. God knows my heart. I'm not saying I never have issues or sins that I go through. Like I said above, I very much do. I just praise the Lord that He saved me and leads me through them!

"Peace be to the brethren..."

Amen!
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: