End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 10:35:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Matthew 24:19

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matthew 24:19  (Read 839 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2012, 02:04:20 pm »

Mat 24:19  And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

I've been trying to figure out what this means for a long, long time now. Obviously(at least to me), it doesn't exactly mean people(Christians or non-Christians that is) are forbidden to have kids, period, in the last days, right?

With that being said, when you read alot of these news stories in recent years...1) the forced vaccinations causing illnesses in children, 2) modern-day entertainment in music and other multi-media that have polluted the minds of the youth, 3) all the fast-food joints that have been the youth unhealthy, both physically and mentally, 4) the feminist movement that has alot of evil hidden agendas beneath(ie-abortion, homosexuality, witchcraft, ruling over men which is unbiblical, etc), 5) college grads being overburdened with their student loan debt, to the point where alot of them don't have the resources to start families afterwards, 6) the eugenics program like flouridation in the water, pharmakia, etc that have caused men and women alike to be sterile, etc, etc.

Again, I don't know, however, how do you interpret this particular end times verse, especially if it's not being interpreted as the Lord forbidding everyone in the end times to not have kids? But OTOH, when you look at all the current events news...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:35:57 pm »

I think part of the understanding is in the use of the word "woe". It's tribulation, is it not? I think so, for a simple description. And anybody who has children definately has had tribulation in their household as a direct result of kids being there, right?

It's I guess the biggest responsibility a person can take on and that is to be a parent, to raise a child in the way they should go, but it doesn't come without tribulation, and to bring a child into the world at the end? Yeah, woe!

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 04:57:39 am »

Matthew 24 is about the Tribulation.

Again, I don't know, however, how do you interpret this particular end times verse, especially if it's not being interpreted as the Lord forbidding everyone in the end times to not have kids? But OTOH, when you look at all the current events news...

A Christian is allowed to have kids, them kids will be Raptured too. So it is woe for unbelievers.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:58:32 am »

Gen 1:28   And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 

The first commandment given by the Lord to man is to Be fruitful, and multiply, that includes in times of tribulation.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 06:19:31 am »

From a post-trib view I of course feel it is for Christians, I feel it is not a curse, but a warning.  In the previous verses it speaks of the abomination and the time to 'flee' and right after that verse it speaks of praying it doesn't happen in the winter or on a Sabbath.  Winter will be harsh, having had to flee with nothing, not returning to take clothes, etc. plus carrying and taking care of children.  This verse speaks specifically about very young babes still being breast fed, how harsh would it be to do on the run and in hiding.  And the Sabbath would be a day when everyone will be home and the streets cleared from their daily routines therefore it being obvious when one would flee.  All in all, being a time never seen nor to ever happen again, it will be a tough time for the strongest of men and women to navigate, let alone young or expectant mothers.

Matthew 24:15-21
(KJV)
15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:23:18 am by Believer » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 06:57:59 am »

From a post-trib view I of course feel it is for Christians,

All that stuff you quoted are not for Christians. The AoD is for the Jews, as they still believe they need a temple. What does a Christian need a temple for? The Lord destroyed that system. And the Sabbath? That is not for the Christian, what laws do we have for the sabbath? The Jews have laws regarding the sabbath.

Christians wont be here for any of this, as we will be with the Lord.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 03:18:22 pm »

All that stuff you quoted are not for Christians. The AoD is for the Jews, as they still believe they need a temple. What does a Christian need a temple for? The Lord destroyed that system. And the Sabbath? That is not for the Christian, what laws do we have for the sabbath? The Jews have laws regarding the sabbath.

Christians wont be here for any of this, as we will be with the Lord.

Mark, wow, that sure doesn't sound like you at all.  We're all pretty mature Christians here and we all know these scriptures and we all know each other's position.  Opinions were asked for and so I gave mine, there is really no need to debate it cause I'm sure all of us has been down that road before.  I respectfully accept all here and their views even if they don't agree with mine.

I don't believe Jews will be reading this scripture, for one.  It is directed to (whoso readeth, let him understand:) and I believe all God's words are for Christians and if that is the case, then we are to understand its meaning in some way.  And two, I stated off the hop that I believe in a post-trib view so, I feel I WILL be here to witness the events being described.  And if that is the case, even though I will not be in Jerusalem nor will be attending the temple, the signs they relate to me will be most important as they do happen so as to benefit me spiritually and as to the nearness of my Lord's return.  It is my view on the scripture nothing more; BA can take it or leave it.  Geesh.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 03:28:57 pm »

Thank you everyone for all of your feedback - I think what everyone says clears alot of things up I've had questions about for quite some time now on this particular verse(whether pre-trib or post-trib, I think I have the big picture).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: