End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 08:48:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Psalms 66:18

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Psalms 66:18  (Read 235 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2012, 01:11:36 pm »

Psa_66:18  If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

OK, what is the context of this passage? The reason why I'm asking is b/c personally, there are sins I am struggling with. I don't want to go into details with them, but I will go as far as saying it's not like I do dirty work for the mafia crime families(if you know what I mean here).

Let's say, for example, one day you get a backsliding heart and go to web sites you have no business going to, or watch stuff on tv you have no business doing so, does this mean the Lord won't answer your prayers?(ie-OK, I did so a few days ago. It wasn't **** or anything, but nonetheless afterwards I was very sorry to do so and asked the Lord for forgiveness, but still am curious about the passage)

So yeah, where is the meaning of this?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:03:39 pm »

That's based on the Judiac Law. Believers are forgiven, and no longer under the law of sin and death. That price has already been paid by our Lord Jesus, thank you Jesus.

"Go and sin no more"

For us, when we do less edifying things, we are turning our back in a sense, thus we aren't addressing God, so therefore I think it applies spiritually in that since we aren't looking to God, then He won't hear us.

The Holy Ghost within you puts repentence in your heart because your moved by the Spirit, but the flesh is still there, compelling you to do things of the flesh (Paul speaks at length of this battle), but those things, in my understanding, are no longer sin perse', but rather not edifying or expedient, for the born-again believer.

The enemy wants us to think we are still subject to the same punishment he will receive in due time, but that's a lie, as we are forgiven, forever!

17   Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 
18   And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 
19   To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 
20   Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 
21   For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 
2 Corinthians 5:17-21 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 05:14:37 am »

Kilika your message has really been a blessing from God because it takes away a burden from Christians that they because they had this thought or did this thing God will not listen to someone like this when they pray. We should see God as one who listens to His children when they can talk to Him rather than as a God who rejects His children on one little issue.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 12:04:15 pm »

"I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore." Psalm 86:12 (KJB)

1   [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2   For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 
3   For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 
4   That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 
5   For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 
6   For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace. 
7   Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 
8   So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 
9   But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 
10   And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. 
11   But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 
12 ¶ Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 
13   For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 
14   For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 
15   For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 
16   The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 
17   And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together. 
18 ¶ For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 
19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 
20   For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope, 
21   Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 
22   For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 
23   And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body. 
24   For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 
25   But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it]. 
26   Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 
27   And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God. 
28   And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. 
29   For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 
30   Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. 
31 ¶ What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us? 
32   He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 
33   Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth. 
34   Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 
35   Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 
36   As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 
37   Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 
38   For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 
39   Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 05:43:11 pm »

Just want to say thank you everyone here(and Thank You Jesus!) for all the fellowship with scripture we've had here thus far.

Don't want to put anyone up on a pedestal here or anything, but personally I've learned a heck of alot more about doctrine on here(and from the Christians from PPF as well) than in these DEAD CHURCHIANITY buildings.

For years, I was ALMOST NEVER taught about the FLESH, and how ALL FLESH is SIN, etc, etc. As a result, it seems like the perceptions various Churchianity folks is that "you've been possessed by Satan", etc. For example, a born again Christian can NOT have ANY anxieties, worries, etc, otherwise he or she has no faith and is being possessed by Satan and his minions. IOW, they just are SPECULATING and have NO answers.(ie-if I understand this correctly too, the NIV has removed flesh and replaced this with "sinful nature". I have to look this up, but I read this a couple of years ago)

Not too long ago, some teenager put up a youtube video and starting saying how he learned much more from Bryan Denlinger than from his dead church he went with his parents, then was forced to take down his video b/c his pastor told his parents they wouldn't be members. Wow...can't believe the modern-day pastor has thin skins as well. Shocked

Not to put Bryan up on a pedestial, but one thing's for sure - these worldly churches are just DEAD, and the internet has been a heck of alot more resourceful. No wonder why Churchianity has given themselves over to the sword.

Also, one of the heretical doctrines of the Emergent Church is that they "go by their FEELINGS". Again, this is where the FLESH comes into play - ALL flesh is sin, but Churchianity has all but overlooked this critical aspect. So as a result, they have no clue as to what's going on, and has ended up cozying up with the devil in EC heretical doctrines.

Tit 1:7  For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
Tit 1:8  But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
Tit 1:9  Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:45:32 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 05:28:22 am »

and the internet has been a heck of alot more resourceful.

the Same with me. This internet is a real blessing from God! There is too much to learn on here. It make my head boggle at the extant of it all.
The fellowship with Christians is a real help!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: