End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 12:01:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

My experience with a sinless perfectionist

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My experience with a sinless perfectionist  (Read 306 times)
akfools
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:25:47 pm »

I was at the library last November and there was a family there that I have seen before with very well behaved kids. Their daughters were explaining to mine how that most of the books and movies were bad and that Halloween is also bad. This is definitely not the norm around the public library. Most kids are about as misbehaved and worldly as can be. So, that in itself caught my attention. They have 5 kids. I wanted to find out if they were Christian so as they were leaving the building and had forgotten there coats I seized upon the opportunity  to bring them thier coats and ask the dad if he was a Christian. He said that they believed the Bible and that they were saved into the Body of Christ, but that they did not believe in denominations or churches.  I got his number from him and asked if we could get together and talk. We went to his house for lunch. They are a very nice family. Same age as us ,early thirties. Just moved up here to Alaska about a year ago. But they believe or have been taught that you must have the laying on of the hands of an apostle to receive the Holy Ghost , be baptized by him, and live in sinless perfection or lose your  salvation. I asked how he would advise someone to get saved and he told me that he had just purchased a plane ticket for a guy to fly down to Minnesota, in order to have hands laid upon him and to be baptized by the only "God appointed" apostle he knows of . This is not the Gospel that I know.  They are a very sweet family and obviously love Jesus Christ and His Word. They know scripture from memory better than I do as I was only recently saved. I  think they have been convinced through this supposed apostle to perceive the scriptures the way that they do. They have telephone fellowship with this guy twice a week and I think that the wife's entire family is a part of this group. They don’t speak in tongues. They say that we cannot represent Christ if we are still sinners. They imply that all of who have not been saved through an apostle are still lost. They sound a lot like hmm let me see here the Mormons, the Church of Christ, Catholics, and so on.
         What is the doctrine of the laying on of the hands? Isnt that just from the Old Testament?

I had that couple over for lunch the following weekend. I tried to reason with the guy according to the Gospel but he would not have it. I tried to give him a copy of Scott Johnsons teaching on salvation and he turned his nose up to it. They brought 3 of their kids over to play with our little girl and our daughter was heartbroken when they left after 15 minutes. As she doesn’t ever get to play with any kids. He got up after I told him that I thought he was part of a cult and under a spell and told his wife that their work was done and they needed to leave. He kicked his feet at the door referring to what the Bible says to do with those that wont receive you and said that he had washed his hands of me.
I see them from time to time and the father seems so full of pride. I guess he doesn't really need Jesus because he has already been made perfect. Another thing I found odd was that he said along with the KJV they used a Moffatt bible. And from what I know that is a pretty corrupt version. I think the Moffatt dude rearranged the books into his own opinion of the order that they should be in. Anyways, just thought I'd share this lovely experience. I think it was a subtle attack from the devil to turn us from the Word of God. Seeing how we had been  desperate for fellowship and all of a sudden meet a nice family with kids for our daughter to play with and I must admit it was appealing at first the idea of just getting those hands laid on us and following an apostle and then we would be perfect and have fellowship. But I know the Word better than that. And no fellowship with man is more important to me than my love for the truth in Jesus Christ. 
I had emailed Scott Johnson about this before I met with this family the second time as to get his take on them and ask for some scripture to be prepared with. This is what he said.

James:
My my how sickening. Man this gets me fired up!  So according to this elitist view the only ones on planet earth who are going to heaven are the ones that somehow could have known this unbiblical gospel and have access to one of these modern day apostles. How convenient for these apostles, their cult following & their pocketbook. This is a cult. What arrogance to believe that only this infinitesimally small amount of people are going to get to heaven.  This is what happens when you fall under the spell of a man or woman teaching a false gospel.  This man is believing a lie and bringing himself under a curse:
Jer 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed [be] the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

He is in demonic bondage to this wolf in sheep's clothing:

2Pe 2:17   These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. 

2Pe 2:18 ¶ For when they speak great swelling [words] of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, [through much] wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. 

2Pe 2:19   While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 

This false apostle is cursed:
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Thank God that salvation is a gift freely received without having to jump through all these hoops hoping you got it right. So I guess this guy think she is living in sinless perfection.  What an abomination!!! 

1Jo 1:7   But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 

1Jo 1:8   If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 

1Jo 1:9   If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

1Jo 1:10   If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 

Paul would never claim to live in sinless perfection:
1Ti 1:15 This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Paul elaborated on this subject extensively:

Rom 7:16   If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that [it is] good. 

Rom 7:17   Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 

Rom 7:18   For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not. 

Rom 7:19   For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 

Rom 7:20   Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 

Rom 7:21   I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 

Rom 7:22   For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 

Rom 7:23   But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 

Rom 7:24   O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 

Rom 7:25   I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

He needs to listen to my teaching on salvation at: http://currenteventsandbiblestudy.blogspot.com/2010/01/true-salvation-true-gospelgood-news.html
Praying and fasting for this family would be a very good thing as well.
God bless!
Scott
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:50:57 pm »

Thank you for sharing this.

Yes, it's very important to be grounded in the Word of God, b/c these wolves and wells without water can be very subtle, and catch you off-guard. It is definitely a red flag if they put their own selves higher above others.

Rom 12:16  Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: