End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:07:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Near Death Experience

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Near Death Experience  (Read 1865 times)
akfools
« on: February 14, 2011, 01:22:25 pm »

9:54 a.m. MST, February 11, 2011

IMPERIAL, Neb. -- It sounds like a story dreamed up by a little boy, but to understand what Colton Burpo says you have to hear what he says happened to him.

It all started during a trip to Colorado.

Colton complained of a stomach ache, which led to a trip to the doctor and a diagnosis of the flu.  Afterward, the Burpo family went home to the small town of Imperial, Neb., where another doctor dismissed suggestions that Colton was suffering from appendicitis.

Just two days later, Todd and Sonja Burpo rushed their lifeless son to another medical center, where he was immediately taken into surgery.  Colton's surgeon estimates that the boy's appendix had ruptured five days before he was properly diagnosed.

Todd remembers thinking, "as parents we felt sick, what did we do wrong?"

While Colton was in surgery, Todd and Sonja prayed in separate rooms. They thought their son was dying and they blamed themselves. 

Miraculously, after a difficult recovery and another surgery, Colton survived.  But his story is far from over.

There were things Colton did and things he said after the surgery that were out of the ordinary, but none of it made sense until a drive past the hospital four months after the surgery.

His Dad jokingly asked Colton if he wanted to go back to the hospital.

Colton's response?   "You know Dad, the angels sang to me while I was there," the boy said. 

Todd remembers looking into the mirror and seeing his son's face being dead serious, with no smile or notion that he was joking in return.

Todd looked at his wife and asked, "Has he ever talked about angels with you before?"

Colton claims that while on the operating table he went to heaven and that he met his great-grandfather Pop. Colton says his grandfather didn't look like the man in the photo in his house, but instead looked like the man in the picture sent months later by his Grandmother, a young man without glasses.

But perhaps the most shocking part of Colton's story, the baby he never knew about. 

One day while Colton was playing he walked up to his mom, and out of the blue asked, "Mom, I have two sisters, you had a baby die in your tummy didn't you?" 

Sonja was shocked and overwhelmed by what her little boy had just said. When she asked him who told him, he said, "she did Mommy, she said she died in your tummy."

Todd and Sonja had never told their son about the miscarriage Sonja had before Colton was born. After all, it was more than a four-year-old would ever need to know.

Colton went on to tell his mom that she was a girl and, "she looked familiar and she started giving me hugs and she was glad to have someone in her family up there."

Over time his visions became more believable.  He described Jesus, and he even talked about Armageddon and how God told him his father would fight in the final battle.  Although Todd was a pastor, he says he never talked detail like this with his preschool aged son.

After years of stories and new details, Todd's friends and members of his church started asking him to write his stories down. They encouraged Todd to write a book, which wasn't something he wanted to do or had any idea how to do.

He remembers praying about it, and he said he would only do it if the opportunity fell right into his lap.  It wasn't long after his prayer that a publisher called him.

Now Colton's stories of Heaven are documented in a book titled "Heaven is for Real."

500,000 copies of the book have been printed and there are now talks of a movie.  Sonja says it's a lot for her small town family but they are seeing their story make a difference in many lives.

As for Colton, he is now 11 and he loves to sing, wrestle, and play the trumpet.  His Dad says his experience in heaven hasn't changed his son, but because Colton was so young when it happened it has defined his life.

When asked why he thinks his son and his family had this experience, Todd says, "I don't know why God picked us.  If we had a chance to vote when we saw our kid suffering about to die, we would have said no, we don't want this.  We are just normal people that God did a miracle for."

Copyright © 2011, KDVR-TV

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-after-neardeath-experience-boy-writes-book-heaven-is-real-20110210,0,2566980.story
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 01:39:58 pm »

Sadly this is a ruse being perpetrated by Satan and his minions. This kid has an experience that all people go to the light and the light is heaven. Sadly if this kid really died he would have awoken into hell. People are being deceived by these so called NDE's and it is sending them on a one way ticket to hell.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
William
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 09:17:38 pm »

Sadly this is a ruse being perpetrated by Satan and his minions. This kid has an experience that all people go to the light and the light is heaven. Sadly if this kid really died he would have awoken into hell. People are being deceived by these so called NDE's and it is sending them on a one way ticket to hell.

I don't have a great knowledge of the scriptures, but didn't Jesus say?

Matthew Chapter 18

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which
believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were
hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the
depth of the sea.

10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for
I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always
behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one
of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and
nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which
is gone astray?
13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he
rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine
which went not astray.
14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in
heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

Also in...

Matthew Chapter 19

13 ¶ Then were there brought unto him little children, that
he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples
rebuked them.
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them
not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
15 And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but...I believe that little children don't perish in Hell...thats not the will of God, actually its not the will of God for any to perish, as it says in:

II Peter

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some
men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not
willing that any should perish, but that all should come to
repentance.

Now his will is none should perish, but especially for little children, I don't believe they go to Hell when they die (it also depends on his age, but I believe children from 10-12 and under will not perish, and even more so for 8-9 and below. They don't know any better, usually, it depends on the age though, now if hes 13 or older...its possible yes, but ultimately God is the judge in that case, as he is in everyone's Judgment.)

I don't know how young the child was, but if its the same story I think it is, he was quite young, now weather It was Satan who decieved him, or if he could I dont know. I'm leaning to that he did not, but I don't know the family personally either.

Just throwing my two cents in, God Bless.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 08:19:00 am »

This is what the Bible states.

Heb 9:27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Im saying the kid and all other NDE people didnt die. They were deceived into believing a lie. That everyone goes to heaven all goes to the light, and they come back and tell people and others believe, And from this belief, they choose not to accept Jesus because everyone goes to the light. When in fact they are going to hell. Get it now?

This kids story isnt new, you can find the same story in a whole bunch of new-age literature but from adults. Here is just 1, 1 of many.
http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/eadie.html

Sorry but this is nothing but a deception, Satan will use any and all that he can, and this is just another one, from the lips of a small child.
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 12:32:32 pm »

Speaking of "temporary" looks into whatever realm when your on the operating table - my mom's friend who knows a missionary was on the operating table, and chances of him of surviving was only 50/50. Guess what, the Lord let him peek into HELL, and guess who he saw mostly? Hitler? Many of our past Presidents? Alister Crowley? Former Hollywood stars? Nope - there were alot of PREACHERS. I guess this should come to no surprise for many reasons we discussed here.

Anyhow, just wanted to share this.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 09:15:31 pm »

I'm saying that in this case one cannot be sure if this NDE story is true or not. I know with God anything is possible. "And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (Luke 18:27).
I know 2 people that have been dragged out of the ocean by angels otherwise they would have drowned. I have seen school buildings in visions before i even went there. I have a relative who saw an angel when he was camping in the bush. I know of someone who claims to talk to his friends who happen to be aliens and tell him that 2012 is going to be a year of change and that he is invited to there star planet. I know some things are hard to believe but we should listen to people's tales with the supernatural as they could just be true, who knows? I know satan goes after the preachers well as someone said that satan could lead one person away from accepting Christ but if he can get a "Church" of 100 people to go astray he does better.
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 10:15:31 pm »

Does believing this story is true compromise our faith? I dont think so. I understand Dok's point of view that having faith in and believing on miracles or anything else other than Jesus Christ and His payment for our sins on the cross is definately the wrong path. But couldnt this story lead a non believer to Christ? I think so. Why not? It doesnt change the Word  of God. It doesnt lead to another means by which we are saved other than God's grace through faith. It doesnt change who God is and what He says. Does it? Where in the Bible does it say that God will not perform miracles. And where does it say that we will understand in every way that God chooses to manifest Himself in our lives. Scott J. claims a silver cross fell from the sky. Are all miracles bad? I hope not.
Doc, I dont know why you say the kid would have gone straight to hell if he had died. His parents were believers it seems. His dad is a pastor. Doesnt that sanctify him if he is a the child of believers and still living in ignorance of his sinful nature.  I know we dont know exactly what happens to children that die but do you think that all of the aborted and miscarried babies go straight to hell? What about mentally retarded people that live thier entire lives eating through a tube and staring at a wall? Do you think they go to hell too? I dont know. I just know that our God is righteous and will show His love and mercy where He sees fit. I think the story seems somewhat out there but not every one who has a NDE goes to the light. Many have claimed to wake up in hell also.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:46:19 am by akfools » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 06:13:56 am »

I'm saying that in this case one cannot be sure if this NDE story is true or not. I know with God anything is possible. "And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (Luke 18:27).
I know 2 people that have been dragged out of the ocean by angels otherwise they would have drowned. I have seen school buildings in visions before i even went there. I have a relative who saw an angel when he was camping in the bush. I know of someone who claims to talk to his friends who happen to be aliens and tell him that 2012 is going to be a year of change and that he is invited to there star planet. I know some things are hard to believe but we should listen to people's tales with the supernatural as they could just be true, who knows? I know satan goes after the preachers well as someone said that satan could lead one person away from accepting Christ but if he can get a "Church" of 100 people to go astray he does better.

Well lets see what the Bible has to say.

1Jn 4:1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

We need to test all supernatural stories and encounters. lets look at yours that you have posted.

I know 2 people that have been dragged out of the ocean by angels otherwise they would have drowned.

Believable, possible.

I have seen school buildings in visions before i even went there.

Are you saying your psychic? There is no Biblical reference for Christians doing this, but is in fact in the realm of witches and wizards. A familiar spirit giving insight.

I have a relative who saw an angel when he was camping in the bush.

How does he know it was an angel? Did it have wings and a Halo? What did it look like? Does it match the Biblical description of an angel.

Heb 13:2  Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

So really how did he know?

I know of someone who claims to talk to his friends who happen to be aliens and tell him that 2012 is going to be a year of change and that he is invited to there star planet.

One of my favorite subjects and one i deal with almost on a daily basis. These aren't aliens from another planet, but devils sent to deceive.

But this one here has really got me confused  Huh

I know some things are hard to believe but we should listen to people's tales with the supernatural as they could just be true, who knows?

Who knows? Jesus knows! And he has warned us in his Word on how we should act in regards to supernatural events. That is why we are to test all things, especially spirits.

1Th 5:21  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

2Co 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Satan will still put everything he has into leading just one person away. And it is far easier with a child than with an adult.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 06:32:29 am »

Does believing this story is true compromise our faith? I dont think so. I understand Dok's point of view that having faith in and believing on miracles or anything else other than Jesus Christ and His payment for our sins on the cross is definately the wrong path. But couldnt this story lead a non believer to Christ? I think so. Why not? It doesnt change the Word  of God. It doesnt lead to another means by which we are saved other than God's grace through faith. It doesnt change who God is and what He says. Does it? Where in the Bible does it say that God will not perform miracles. And where does it say that we will understand in every way that God chooses to manifest Himself in our lives. Scott J. claims a silver cross fell from the sky. Are all miracles bad? I hope not.
Doc, I dont know why you say the kid would have gone straight to hell if he had died. His parents were believers it seems. His dad is a pastor. Doesnt that sanctify him if he is a the child of believers and still living in ignorance of his sinful nature.  I know we dont know exactly what happens to children that die but do you think that all of the aborted and miscarried babies go straight to hell? What about mentally retarded people that live thier entire lives eating through a tube and staring at a wall? Do you think they go to hell too? I dont know. I just know that our God is righteous and will show His love and mercy where He sees fit. I think the story seems somewhat out there but not every one who has a NDE goes to the light. Many have claimed to wake up in hell also.

I understand Dok's point of view that having faith in and believing on miracles or anything else other than Jesus Christ and His payment for our sins on the cross is definately the wrong path.

Did i say that? NO, so why would you say i did? The Bible and the World we live in are in fact supernatural. I believe in almost all supernatural events, what i don't believe in is the source of those events. Has Benny Hinn ever healed anyone? NO, does he have the power to put his live audience into a hypnotic stupor? YES, is this power from Jesus? NO!!!!

Doc, I don't know why you say the kid would have gone straight to hell if he had died. His parents were believers it seems. His dad is a pastor. Doesn't that sanctify him if he is a the child of believers and still living in ignorance of his sinful nature.

What if it was Benny Hinns kid? Or Rick Warren? If his dad is a true Bible believing Christian than he should have seen through this. Again see the post above, we are to test all things and all spirits, and NEVER EVER take anything or any ones word for it. How does this little kid know what an angel looks like? I bet if we ask him to draw a picture, it will have wings and a halo.

Am i being hard? Maybe a little, but i have been doing this a long time, and you need to test it all, every aspect of it, and ensure it passes every test. Because if you don't, you end up with Muhammads and Joseph Smiths, and a swarm of Catholics with visions and crying statutes.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 07:03:46 am »

Colton explained that everyone in heaven has wings and all fly, except for Jesus who moves up and down like an elevator. He also described God, saying He and His chair are "reaaally big." He also tells  how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Colton Burpo goes to heaven. Part Two. - National Religious & Spiritual Mysteries | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/religious-spiritual-mysteries-in-national/colton-burpo-goes-to-heaven-part-two#ixzz1EgzakQV1

Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 05:29:06 pm »

Did Colton Burpo go to Heaven and experience other things he described? Perhaps so. One thing is certain: the story is truly remarkable and a mystery difficult to write off as fantasy. It also corresponds to another child’s story of visiting heaven, where she describes things that Colton seems to have seen. A painter and child prodigy, her portrait of Jesus is the only one Colton has seen that he says looks exactly like His face.

I have seen school buildings in visions before i even went there.

"And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all "flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. " (Joel 2:27-29). "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" (Acts 2:17). Notice it says "in the last days". We are in the last days today. So there you have it, God can give young men visions, which i had, i don't care if you believe me or not, as it happened soon after i converted to be a follower of Jesus Christ and when i said the prayer of salvation, the Holy Spirit came upon me because i felt really joyful for 2 hours afterwards and that wasn't normal for me at the time. God is not restricted to time, or a particular event, or to the 1st Century AD. I believe that God still does miracles today. Don't get me wrong, i don't believe that the Bible is going to be added to, that Joseph Smith and others do. God loves His people so much that He would be willing to give them a supernatural event if that is to help them to believe in Him, didn't Jesus do many miracles in His time on earth? Jesus hasn't lost His ability to do miracles. And a Christian is a son of God right.

"I know some things are hard to believe but we should listen to people's tales with the supernatural as they could just be true, who knows?"

What i mean is that one should listen to the persons story who has had a supernatural experience and get all the facts before they decide where the experience came from as this says:
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." (Proverbs 18:13).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:37:49 pm by Christian40 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 07:25:19 pm »

I never said i didnt believe you. Only that you need to test the spirits as to where these things come from. Again lets look at just what the little kid said,

Colton explained that everyone in heaven has wings and all fly,

Is that Biblical? Do we all get wings when we die? Does everyone in Heaven have wings and can fly?

Please show me the Verses that confirm his statement.

Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 07:41:08 pm »

I never said that i believe that the Colton Burpo story is true, i just quoted from that article in an undecided way.

Colton explained that everyone in heaven has wings and all fly,

I don't believe this, i'm going to believe what the Authorized King James Bible says about heaven.

Just one thing, if the visions of Colton were from satan or some evil spirit, how come they were allowed to come upon a three year old child? Wouldn't God protect a child from that sort of thing? Was there some opening in the child's life that satan could infiltrate? Especially since his Dad Todd is a Pastor, the child would be much loved by God?

The Colton Burpo book and movie is going to make some money anyway it seems.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 08:27:10 pm »

I never said that i believe that the Colton Burpo story is true, i just quoted from that article in an undecided way.

I don't believe this, i'm going to believe what the Authorized King James Bible says about heaven.

Just one thing, if the visions of Colton were from satan or some evil spirit, how come they were allowed to come upon a three year old child? Wouldn't God protect a child from that sort of thing? Was there some opening in the child's life that satan could infiltrate? Especially since his Dad Todd is a Pastor, the child would be much loved by God?

Well, FWIW, Jessica and Ashlee Simpson's dad is a pastor...in today's "church", it wouldn't surprise me if many pastors aren't saved.
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 08:57:08 pm »

Did i say that? NO, so why would you say i did? The Bible and the World we live in are in fact supernatural. I believe in almost all supernatural events, what i don't believe in is the source of those events. Has Benny Hinn ever healed anyone? NO, does he have the power to put his live audience into a hypnotic stupor? YES, is this power from Jesus? NO!!!!
I didnt say that you said it. I simply percieved that what what you were getting as was that we should not base our faith or belief in Jesus Christ on miracles? Isn't that what the charismatics do? Isnt that the point? I belive in the supernatural to this world we exist in also but I dont need to see it or experience it to have faith in Jesus Christ and what He said.
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Sorry to have misunderstood you. I guess that is not what you were getting at. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 04:06:30 am »

Oh sorry, i was under the impression that you believed the kids story. no worries.

That's what i am saying, what this kid has said does not pass the Bible test. Hes saying things that just are not Biblical, but seems right the the majority of heathens out there. It is fir this reason that we must test everything and every claim.

That is a complicated issue. For starters, what do we know of Pastor Todd? How do we know he is saved? I mean he didn't look at what his son has said and comparred it with scripture. Yet he is out there milking as much money as he can out of the story. Who knows why God would allow Satan to deceive a child? Really? Your saying Jesus would love the child more, because the kids dad is a Pastor? You have some verses to back that up?

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 04:09:20 am »

I didnt say that you said it. I simply percieved that what what you were getting as was that we should not base our faith or belief in Jesus Christ on miracles? Isn't that what the charismatics do? Isnt that the point? I belive in the supernatural to this world we exist in also but I dont need to see it or experience it to have faith in Jesus Christ and what He said.
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Sorry to have misunderstood you. I guess that is not what you were getting at. Grin

no worries, it can be a complicated issue sometimes. Thats why Jesus has given us a manuel to go by.
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 12:17:46 am »

Your saying Jesus would love the child more, because the kids dad is a Pastor? You have some verses to back that up?

Well like you said we don't know much about Pastor Todd. And i don't think we have all the facts about this NDE either. Jesus loves little children, "But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 19:14).
So why would Jesus allow Satan to deceive this child and have the child tell this story of lies if they are lies?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 03:52:39 am »

Well like you said we don't know much about Pastor Todd. And i don't think we have all the facts about this NDE either. Jesus loves little children, "But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 19:14).
So why would Jesus allow Satan to deceive this child and have the child tell this story of lies if they are lies?

Dude, really? Thats like asking why God allows little kids to die? Or why there is evil in the world. All i can say is that all things work for Gods benefit, and we just might not see how that works. What i can also say is that what the little kid said does not line up with the Bible. So what does that tell you?
Report Spam   Logged

William
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 08:10:38 pm »

Colton explained that everyone in heaven has wings and all fly, except for Jesus who moves up and down like an elevator. He also described God, saying He and His chair are "reaaally big." He also tells  how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Colton Burpo goes to heaven. Part Two. - National Religious & Spiritual Mysteries | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/religious-spiritual-mysteries-in-national/colton-burpo-goes-to-heaven-part-two#ixzz1EgzakQV1

Actually there is some scripture to verify this and prove this. At least partly. I'm not going to say it explains everything he said, but lets just take a look at a few things the Word of God says according to the 1611 Authorized King James Bible.

First will go to the old testament in...Isaiah Chapter 6:1-6

IN the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting
upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the
temple.
2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings;
with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered
his feet, and with twain he did fly.
3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is
the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that
cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
5 ¶ Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am
a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people
of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live
coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off
the altar

Now at least from what I'm reading...according to that the Lord is very large...his train filled the temple? umm...Yeah sounds like hes quite large.

According to Noah Websters Dictionary a train is:  1. Something drawn along behind, the end of a gown, _c.; as the train of a gown or robe.

so yeah...thats pretty clear.

Now we see the Angels fly, now how does this relate to us or man? Well your about to see. Now we go to the New Testament. In Matthew Chapter 22:28-30 it says:

28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of
the seven? for they all had her.
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not
knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given
in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Also in Luke Chapter 20:35-36 it says:

35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that
world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry,
nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto
the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Now does that fully prove we all have wings and fly...I'm not entirely sure, and need to do a more in depth study, I'm still young in Christ, but those scriptures just came to me last night, so something to think about. I know it makes a strong argument that we will be "As" or "Equal" unto the Angels, with that I believe its possible yes we could have wings, but that;s really one of those things we will only know for sure once we get to heaven.

Also one more scripture from Revelation that has to pertain to God being large.

Revelation Chapter 4:2-3, & 6

2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne
was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a
sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the
throne, in sight like unto an emerald

6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto
crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the
throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Now lets think about this...a sea of glass? He can see him even across this sea of glass, Now I don't know how big the sea is, but if its anything like our seas, umm...wow. Yeah that's both an awesome and fearful thought. From the light of these scriptures It appears that God could be large, and its very well possible we could have wings and fly, not saying we do, or all do, just saying its possible.

Now as for Jesus moving up and down like an elevator...umm...not sure about that. I have no scripture for that. And the part about the Holy Spirit, well I'm not sure I agree with that. I would be on the safe side and study the scripture to see if its true, but I can't think of one scripture that even says something like that.

Anyways, I just wanted to give these scriptures, and try to edify if I could, even if I am still young in the Lord. There is a lot I still need to learn, and that;s why were here, is to learn from each other.

God Bless you all.

Christ be with your spirits. Amen.

Edit: Just thought about something, I don't think the Holy Spirit would be shooting down power because he comes and dwells WITHIN us, so the power of God, his Spirit is within us. So I can agree that would probably not line up. The other two we can kind of line up with the bible. And what about Jesus moving up like an elevator, well I can't clarify that one. So probably safe to say its false as well.

God Bless.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:16:07 pm by William » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 06:34:39 am »

Female Angels with Wings? What about Halos?
02/10/08

The word translated to read 'angel' means 'a messenger', from 'angello', or to deliver a message. The angelic beings of God are those created beings who do His will and His bidding. The Bible speaks of three types of 'angelic beings'(1) cherubim, which have two wings & 4 faces (1 Kings 6:24) Satan is a fallen cherubim-Eze. 28:14) and the seraphim which have six wings (Isa. 6:2) and regular angels which are the angels of the Bible that commonly interact with people and (as we will see) always appear as men without wings. The many Biblical accounts of angels physically manifesting themselves to God's people show that they have always appeared in the masculine form (not as females & also not as children). We will also be looking at the one time the Scriptures mention female angels with wings and as you will see, it certainly is not an endorsement for these types of entities. Lastly we will discuss the pagan practice of depicting halos on the heads of individuals. See the PDF above for this complete study.

http://www.mp3.cftresources.com/2008_02-10_3__Female%20Angels%20with%20Wings%20What%20about%20Halos.mp3

PDF: http://www.divshare.com/download/10427243-b66

Biblical Angels Always Appearing as Men, Female

Angels with Wings & Halos

What is an "Angel"?

The word translated to read "angel" means "a messenger", from "angello", to deliver a
message. The angelic beings of God are those created beings who do His will and
bidding. The Bible speaks of three types of angelic beings- cherubim, which have two
wings & 4 faces (1Kings 6:24; Satan is a fallen cherubim- Eze. 28:14) and seraphim,
which have six wings (Isa. 6:2) and regular angels which are the angels of the Bible that
commonly interact with people and (as we will see) always appear as men.. Angels are
referred to as "ministering spirits", and "flames of fire" (Heb. 1:7, 14). PSA 103:20 Bless
the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening
unto the voice of his word. 4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
We are told that the righteous have angels of God all around them to protect them and
help them overcome evil: PSA 34:7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about
them that fear him, and delivereth them. We are told that children have angels: MAT
18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in
heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Biblical Angels Always Appearing as Men

Many biblical accounts of angels physically manifesting themselves to God’s
people show that they appeared as men (not as females & also not as children).
For example, Genesis 18 describes a time when three “men” (vs. 1-2) visited Abraham.
One of them was the “Angel of the Lord”—and the other two were angels appearing as
men. Later, the Angel of the Lord stayed behind with Abraham, and the two angels went
ahead to the city of Sodom.

Notice the continuation of the account in Genesis 19:1: “And there came two angels to
Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet
them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground.” These two are again
referred to as men in verse 5, in which the perverted citizens of Sodom accosted Lot,
demanding that he turn his guests over to them.

In the New Testament, we also find angels appearing as men. When comparing
Matthew 28:5 and Mark 16:5, we see an individual described both as an angel and as a
“young man” appearing to Mary Magdalene and Mary, Zebedee’s wife. This account is
also depicted in Luke 24:4 (which describes those who waited at Christ’s tomb as men),
and John 20:11-13 (describing them as angels).

How important are these beings? Hebrews 13:2 states, “Be not forgetful to entertain
strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.” In other words, when
involving themselves in human affairs, angels do not always (if ever) make it known that
they are angels. Paul’s instruction shows the manner in which we are to respond to
those who entreat our hospitality—we should act as if they were God’s own spiritual
messengers. Our treatment of these “strangers” may have a direct bearing on the extent
to which we receive angelic protection and intervention.

Also, it is interesting to note that, contrary to popular concepts of angels being in the
form of women or babies, Scripture always describes their appearance as that of men).
But angels (the different varieties) do not have wings or at least are never
depicted in Scripture that way. All angels normally look like human beings (Genesis
18:2 with 19:1 and Hebrews 13:2), but they can display themselves with a glorious
brilliance on occasion -like the shining of the sun (Daniel 10: 5&6).

Female Angels with Wings

Zechariah 5:5-11: "Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto
me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth. And I said, What
is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is
their resemblance through all the earth. And, behold, there was lifted up a talent
of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah. And he said,
This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the
weight of lead upon the mouth thereof. Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked,
and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they
had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the
earth and the heaven.Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do
these bear the ephah? And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of
Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base."

So only time in Scripture that we ever see angelic-like females (with wings no
less) is depicted in Zechariah 5:5-11 (see above) in which the whole seen is
described as "wickedness" by the Holy angel that is showing Zechariah this
seen; which could be hardly seen as a Scriptural endorsement for female
angels. In regard to their wings it is described as a stork which is one of the
many unclean birds of the Bible: Leviticus 11:19-20: "And the stork, the heron
after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat. All fowls that creep, going upon all
four, shall be an abomination unto you."

Biblical Usage of the word "ephah"a) a dry measure of quantity, equal to 3 seahs,
10 omers; the same as the liquid measure bath; (about 9 imperial gallons (40 l),
rabbinical writings give sizes of one-half this amount) b) the receptacle for
measuring or holding that amount. Which in this case is the most likely the
proper usage and defiention.

Biblical usage of the word "Shinar": "country of two rivers" 1) the ancient name
for the territory later known as Babylonia or Chaldea. Now Babylon is almost
exclusively referred to in a way negative in Scripture.

Biblical usage of the word "base": resting place

Good angelic creatures known as cherubim or those called seraphim are
portrayed with wings but in the case above these female angelic spiritual entities
have wings and are called wicked.

Halos-Sun Worship in Christianity?
A study by Timothy Youngblood

In this second page we will see even more abominations of sun worship and how sun
worship has crept into the Christian religion and has been blindly accepted by the
masses. Many Protestant churches that claim they have separated from the Church of
Rome did not complete the separation. They brought with them the pagan sun god of
Ra and Horus (below) and Ester,

Halos:
Another sign of sun worship we need to look at is the halo. Halos are pictured as a
luminous ring or a disk of light that surrounds an object. Webster's Dictionary describes
a halo as the aura of glory, veneration, or sentiment surrounding an idealized person or
thing. The golden or jeweled crowns worn by royalty, meant to signify their "divine right"
to rule, were originally modeled after the halo. But it was the ancient pagans that
originated this practice of using halos or "sun-disks" to signify the divinity of the
sun god Ray. Many of the customs and much of the icons of our worlds religions
were adapted from paganism, and Sun worship is what spawned the use of these
sun disks in pictures and graven images. People who worshipped the sun emulated
its rays by wearing rings of feathers or leaves on their heads, and anytime rays are
about the head it is Ray even though some may try to call it Jesus. Halos commonly
appear in so-called 'Christian' religious art as a symbol of saintliness or divinity. The
truth is that the halo did not come into Christian art until the third century at a
time when pagan religions were suppressed and the halo fell to disuse among
them and it was around that time the Catholic Church grabbed it. In the
beginning, the Catholics only had the halo around their portrayals of Jesus, but
by the fifth century, halos were used for the goddess Mary, angels and their saint
gods. So let's call it what it is, the Sun god Ray.

http://www.masters-table.org/pagan/sun2.htm
Report Spam   Logged

akfools
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 07:31:59 pm »

Steve Quayle posted this one on his website. I am just posting this as a counter to the post of the boy seeing a vision of heaven.

Near Death Experience - man sees VISION OF HELL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU7q4HSnm24&feature=player_detailpage#t=15s
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: