End Times and Current Events
March 19, 2024, 06:12:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hillsong Music Band Exposed

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillsong Music Band Exposed  (Read 11820 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 12:18:59 pm »

http://breakingdeception.com/hillsong-false-prophets-infestation-occult-symbols/
Hillsong False Prophets and Infestation of Occult Symbols
1/13/15

01/13/2015 – No matter what church you attend it will almost be certain that there will be some of Hillsongs music played.  Hillsong has mastered at spreading their message all over the world, even by opening a branch here in the United States.

Celebrities like Jay-Z, Beyonce, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez….just to name a few, all flock to this church.  How is that possible?  Its possible only because the church preaches for the consumption of mans carnal nature.

Hillsong is nothing but a front for the Illuminati.  They gather celebrities of like minded by showcasing occult symbolism in their decorations and even in their sermons.

At the 2:00 point you will hear the speaker Carl Lentz preach from the Bible but using The Message which translates “as above, so below.”

Not only are they using important words in Occultism but they are also displaying images in their music.  In the video below, fast forward to the 5:50 mark and you will see the pyramid.

How can a christian support a church like this when they know it is their duty to ring the alarm bell and leave?

“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.”Ephesian 5:11

Hillsong is part of a demonic movement in the church by bringing down the christian and packaging it as more of a rock concert.

Expose them for who they are and have nothing to do with them.

Written by Nathan of Breaking Deception
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2015, 11:16:14 am »

http://churchwatchcentral.com/2015/04/21/hillsong-the-multi-million-dollar-crazy-cult/
4/21/15
Hillsong: The multi-million dollar “crazy cult”

Video news clip(15 minutes) inside link

In spite of Hillsong’s continual lies, their facades of “relevancy” and their contemporary nonsensical gimmicks, the world still sees through it. The reality is this: the world is not being won over to Jesus Christ. In fact, Hillsong is giving the world an excuse to hate Christianity while Hillsong is militantly campaigning against biblical Christianity. Not only that, Hillsong is stealing Christians from other churches and taking over churches by force under the guise of “blessing” churches. It is time the media, the Australian Government and more importantly church leaders, stop calling Hillsong a church. Cults have always declared war on Christianity. Hillsong for decades have proven again and again to be a word of faith and PROSPERITY cult. When will Christianity finally say enough is enough?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 07:49:22 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 04:42:29 pm »

Hillsong NYC Church Has An ‘Engaged’ Openly Homosexual Couple Leading The Choir

“We have a lot of gay men and women in our church and I pray we always do.” – Pastor Carl Lentz, Hillsong NYC

“For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.” Romans 1:26,27 (KJV)

Hillsong Church in New York City attracts over 7,000 energized worshippers every week. It’s pastor, Carl Lentz, has a half-shaved head, ripped jeans, is covered with tattoos and draws a celebrity audience of people like Justin Beiber and NBA star Kevin Durant. When it comes to the topic of same-sex marriage, however, their official position is shrouded in half-answers and obfuscation. But one thing is quite clear: they allow an openly and unrepentantly gay couple to lead their choir.

Josh Canfield, in an interview with Playbill.com, said this in January of 2015: ” I became truthful with my church. I’m a part of Hillsong NYC. I’m one of their choir directors. I also sing on their Worship team. They’ve been amazing as well. Nothing has changed there now that I’m completely out and with Reed. He sings in the choir as well.” source

As seen above, Josh Canfield and Reed Kelly, are a proudly-out homosexual couple who preach the gospel of the LGBT Agenda. They became “engaged” last year and are planning a “wedding” for sometime in 2016. They feel no conviction of any kind for the lifestyle they lead, and yet, shockingly, they are allowed to lead the worship choir during church services. Pastor Lentz, when asked about homosexuality, had this to say:

“Jesus was in the thick of an era where homosexuality, just like it is today, was widely prevalent.  And I’m still waiting for someone show me the quote where Jesus addressed it on the record in front of people.  You won’t find it because he never did,” he said.

Well, if Pastor Lentz would turn down the Marshall stacks on his platform and open his Bible, he would find exactly where Jesus condemned homosexuality. All through Matthew, Mark and Luke, Jesus preached an adherence to the Law of Moses, as we see here:

“For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” Matthew 5:18 (KJV)

And what does that same Law that Jesus commanded be kept have to say about homosexuality? Read it for yourself, Pastor Lentz:

“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” Leviticus 20:13 (KJV)

That God is against homosexuality is a theme that is repeated three times in the New Testament as well, so even the most least-read Bible student should be able piece together what the Bible’s ultra-clear stand on homosexuality might be. But this seems to be a feat unable to be accomplished within the Hillsong theology circles.

“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” Revelation 3:14-16 (KJV)

But an inability to understand Scripture is not the problem with Hillsong Church, in New York City, in Australia, or around the world. The problem is money. The Hillsong Church global corporation is a multi-million dollar cash cow that provides an opulent lifestyle for all it’s leaders. And the millions of dollars that now flow in from parishioners would come to a grinding halt if they ever started preaching Bible truth. The only reason why thousands line up to attend their services is because there is no conviction of sin, no preaching about Biblical righteousness, no hard truths from the Scriptures. What they get is a “christian” rock concert with strobe lights and massive video displays, so that the people who were out in the clubs the night before will feel right at home.
hillsong-united-illuminati-pyramids-new-age-chrislam-laodicea-brian-pastor

The Illuminati pyramid topped off by what looks like a huge snake in a circle, this is what your average Hillsong United “worship service” looks like. Do YOU see Jesus anywhere in here?

Personally, I believe that a true Bible church should be reaching out to the homosexual community as it would reach out to any other people group who are in need of salvation. But as a pastor, when homosexuals attend your church, you have a sacred, sworn obligation to tell them that what they are doing is a sin that needs to be repented of. Failure to do so will result in the blood of these people, spiritually, being on your hands, and you will give an account at the Judgment Seat of Christ for why you didn’t preach the truth to them when you had the opportunity to do it.

Carl Lentz, are you listening?

SOURCES FOR THIS ARTICLE:

Josh Canfield, in an interview with Playbill.com, said this in January of 2015: ” I became truthful with my church. I’m a part of Hillsong NYC. I’m one of their choir directors. I also sing on their Worship team. They’ve been amazing as well. Nothing has changed there now that I’m completely out and with Reed. He sings in the choir as well.” http://www.playbill.com/news/article/broadway-boyfriends-of-survivor-get-engaged-on-stage-plus-video-340487/print

From an article in the NEW YORK TIMES newspaper: Some of Hillsong’s churches appear to be open to gays and lesbians. Josh Canfield and Reed Kelly, a gay couple featured on the current season of “Survivor;” worship and sing in the choir at Hillsong New York; Mr. Canfield is a volunteer choir director at the church.http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/18/us/megachurch-pastor-signals-shift-in-tone-on-gay-marriage.html

From in interview in the Christian Post: Hillsong pastor Carl Lentz said “”We have a lot of gay men and women in our church and I pray we always do.” http://www.christianpost.com/news/jesus-never-discussed-homosexuality-publicly-says-megachurch-pastor-of-his-refusal-to-talk-openly-about-gay-marriage-120918/

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=34483
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Stryker27

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 10:19:25 am »

There's one thing that the "Jesus Is Savior" site didn't count on. While yes, there ARE false teachers... They forget that they can be forgiven too, if they were to only repent of their sin and claim God as their Lord and Savior.

And they claim that KJV is the only "authentic" and superior version. Which I find laughable. No matter the version; NKJV, NIV, ESV etc... they all mean the same thing. They're just worded differently. 

Sorry, but I just find this site "Jesus Is Savior" bogus. Because this site only focuses on the "sin" in people's hearts. They don't talk about redemption or how people can be saved.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:21:34 am by Stryker27 » Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2015, 05:28:14 pm »

Well because they are accountable as publicly calling themselves "teachers" we will see how many publicly correct their erroneous teachings and show true godly sorrow for their shipwrecking of many's faith. As for this website mentioned - I don't know what it is - so not sure why it is mentioned in this thread.
Bottom Line: The ONLY accurate words the Lord gave us are from the translation of the KJV. The only real place to find Jesus as your saviour is in there.
Report Spam   Logged
Stryker27

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 10:45:56 pm »

Well, as said any version is good. It's just differently worded. But there IS one thing I see in Darlene and Hillsong's lyrics. It is true that they don't preach that people have sinned and need of a savior. But rather they preach a watered down gospel. Which is slowly creeping up in churches. Even the most bible believing church is accepting their doctrine.

But still, I digress. If they only they would turn to God and forsake their own doing. 
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2015, 09:22:18 am »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/hillsong-church-rendition-silent-night-features-roaring-20s-flappers-nightclub-setting/
HILLSONG CHURCH RENDITION OF ‘SILENT NIGHT’ FEATURES ROARING 20’S FLAPPERS IN NIGHTCLUB SETTING
A quick Google search of Hillsong Christmas songs leads you to all sorts of Laodicean goodies like nearly naked "drummer boys", and lots of songs about Santa Claus and Rudolf. Hillsong is one of the largest churches in the world for the same reason why all your kid's friends would want to eat breakfast at your house if all you ever served was donuts and coca-cola.

12/17/15

HILLSONG CHURCH IS THE PERFECT POSTER CHILD FOR WHAT THE PROPHESIED CHURCH OF LAODICEA WOULD LOOK LIKE

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” 1 John 2:15 (KJV)

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:2 (KJV)

We have reported on the Laodicean activities of Hillsong Church for quite some time here. We have shown you how Hillsong is steeped in Illuminati and New Age symbolism, their promotion of Chrislam, and how they had for many years an openly gay “couple” leading the choir at Hillsong NYC. But when someone sent us this video today, it shows that Hillsong has reached a new low in their adoration of emulating a lost and dying world.

SILENT NIGHT – HILLSONG CHURCH LONDON – HILLSONG CAROLS 2014

Because after all, it’s just not a proper celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ without Roaring 20’s flappers, rock bands, hoochie coochie dancers, laser light shows and lots and lots of leg in a nightclub setting. Happy Birthday, Jesus, hope you like it.

“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.” Revelation 3:14-18 (KJV)

Hillsong Church is the perfect poster child for what the prophesied church of Laodicea looks like. They rich, increased with goods, have need of nothing, and yet are amazingly unaware that they are poor, wretched, miserable and blind, leading millions astray with their pyrotechnic easy believism.

A quick Google search of Hillsong Christmas songs leads you to all sorts of Laodicean goodies like nearly naked “drummer boys”, and lots of songs about Santa Claus and Rudolf. Hillsong is one of the largest churches in the world for the same reason why all your kid’s friends would want to eat breakfast at your house if all you ever served was donuts and coca-cola. They way they see it, the life-saving gospel of Jesus Christ is just a little too boring on it’s own, and needs the “lights, camera, action!” of the world to “make it sell”.

It’s the perfect Sunday morning “church service” experience for people who have spent Saturday night partying it up in the clubs. Drink up, Hillsong, Jesus is coming, and you won’t be dancing when you see Him.

“And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:” Revelation 1:17 (KJV)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2016, 08:11:35 pm »

HILLSONG 2016 WOMEN’S COLOUR CONFERENCE AD FEATURES SUBLIMINAL IMAGE OF BAPHOMET

With each passing year, Hillsong moves further away from teaching anything about the God of the Bible, and runs towards secular humanism at light speed. This year, they openly acknowledge that this event is not so much a Christian gathering as it is a 'humanitarian' event with global goals. This is right inline with the doctrine of the New World Order and the Illuminati globalist agenda.

HILLSONG COLOUR IS ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WORLD. IT IS HUMANITARIAN AT IT’S CORE AND OUR DESIRE AS 21ST CENTURY WOMEN, IS TO BE STRATEGICALLY POSITIONED TO CONTRIBUTE AND BRING SOLUTION TO PRESSING NEEDS THAT ARE BOTH LOCAL AND GLOBAL.

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;” 1 Timothy 4:1 (KJV)

For years, we have been warning you about the demonic false church known as Hillsong United steeped heavily in Illuminati symbolism and New Age imagery. We did a story last year on Hillsong NYC that had an openly gay couple leading choir worship. Our story went viral and Brian Houston was forced to issue a statement in an attempt to defuse the situation. We showed you video where Hillsong founder Houston claimed that Allah and the God of the Bible were the same. Anything we might have missed will be shown in the video below.

On the official website for the Hillsong Colour Conference, we read the following excerpt of what their ‘Godly gathering’ is all about:

COLOUR IS ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WORLD. IT IS HUMANITARIAN AT IT’S CORE AND OUR DESIRE AS 21ST CENTURY WOMEN, IS TO BE STRATEGICALLY POSITIONED TO CONTRIBUTE AND BRING SOLUTION TO PRESSING NEEDS THAT ARE BOTH LOCAL AND GLOBAL. THE CONFERENCE IS CONTINUALLY CREATING PATHWAYS FOR WOMEN TO RAISE AWARENESS AND MOBILIZE RESPONSE.

With each passing year, Hillsong moves further away from teaching anything about the God of the Bible, and runs towards secular humanism at light speed. This year, they openly acknowledge that this event is not so much a Christian gathering  as it is a ‘humanitarian’ event with global goals. This is right in line with the doctrine of the New World Order and the Illuminati globalist agenda.

Look closely at the image at the top of this article, and you will clearly see that the double image of the woman has been manipulated to display the image of Baphomet. Further, the ad invites you to be ‘found in the mystery’. Everything about it is dark and foreboding, there is no God within 1,000 miles of this ad or anything associated with the 2016 Colour Conference.

Our advice? Do not be ‘found in the mystery’ of the demonic activities of anything associated with the Hillsong United Luciferian brand of end times ‘christianity’. Their music that you like so much is the bait used to lure you into a false system, preaching a false gospel and glorifying the Devil. We really can’t say it anymore plainly than that.

“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” Revelation 18:4 (KJV)

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/hillsong-2016-womens-colour-conference-ad-features-subliminal-image-of-baphomet/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2016, 01:15:30 am »

GODLESS HILLSONG NYC WOMEN’S COLOUR CONFERENCE FEATURED AN APPEARANCE FROM THE ‘NAKED COWBOY’

In a world saturated with sex and sexual images, the Church is supposed to be the place where that is not allowed to enter. Not at Hillsong. Take a look at the following smartphone video of the closing night of the first-ever Hillsong Women's Conference in NYC, it's quite the eye-opener.

A NEARLY NAKED COWBOY, THOUGH, IS AN ODD CHOICE FOR A WOMAN’S CONFERENCE THOUGH, DON’T YOU THINK?

“Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.” 2 Timothy 3:5 (KJV)

Hillsong United has been on a roll lately, and all of it bad. For quite a few years now, we have been reporting classic Hillsong events to you like the gay worship leader, the ultra sleazy ‘Silent Night‘ mockery, complete with Roaring Twenties flappers in a nightclub setting, and the image of Baphomet laced into their women’s conference marketing. Now they have gone and kicked things up to whole low-vel.

ENTER THE NAKED COWBOY AT THE 2016 HILLSONG NYC WOMEN’S CONFERENCE

In a world saturated with sex and sexual images, the Church is supposed to be the one place where that is not allowed to enter. Not at Hillsong. Take a look at the following smartphone video of the closing night of the first-ever Hillsong Women’s Conference in NYC, it’s quite the eye-opener.

I guess the only logical choice to keep the scantily-dressed ‘cheerleaders’ company would be the Naked Cowboy. A nearly naked cowboy, though, is an odd choice for a woman’s conference though, don’t you think? But the pagan pageantry didn’t stop there, check this out:

Now where do you see Jesus in any of this slop? Answer, you don’t. Look at the stage, and what do you see? A naked cowboy, and Elvis impersonator, a bearded male Statue of Liberty, various humans wearing furry animal costumes, and for good measure they get everyone all jacked up waving the American flag and shouting “USA!, USA!, USA!”  Can you tell the difference between this and a rock concert?

This is what passes for “church” in our Laodicean end times ‘christian’ gatherings. It looks more like John Bunyan’s word picture of the Godless ‘Vanity Fair’ so well illustrated in his classic ‘The Pilgrim’s Progress‘.

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:1,2 (KJV)

Hillsong United and their various tentacles have made a mockery of Christianity and the Bible with worldly ‘shows’ like these. They should be ashamed of themselves, but sadly, they are quite proud of what they have accomplished. In the second video you hear ‘pastor’ Carl Lentz bragging about their ‘first ever Colour Conference in New York City’, all the while inciting the people into a Godless, sex-filled, rock and roll frenzy.

Thankfully, all this junk will be ‘left behind’ when the Blessed Hope finally clears the table. I can’t wait.

Amen.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/godless-hillsong-nyc-colour-conference-featured-appearance-naked-cowboy/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »

Concerns Raised as Hillsong’s Carl Lentz Praises Oprah Winfrey After Appearance on Super Soul Sunday

Hipster Hillsong NYC leader Carl Lentz has drawn concerns over the past week after he posted a photograph on social media announcing his upcoming appearance on Oprah Winfrey’s “Super Soul Sunday” television broadcast.

“I really enjoyed my time with @oprah filming for her Super Soul Sunday show,” he wrote on May 18. “She is truly a special woman and a culture changer. To come from absolute poverty in Mississippi and reach the point where she became the first African American multi-billionaire takes a passion and drive that is exceptional and tireless.”

He continued to praise the talk show host, and said that others should emulate Oprah’s practice of thanking Jesus with each new day.

“What struck me most about her, was her ease and kindness,” Lentz remarked. “She told me her key was ‘waking up each day and thanking Jesus for loving me and thanking Him for all he has done.’ That practice, in that order, is one to be copied.”

The Hillsong leader also stated that he was thankful for the opportunity to talk about spiritual matters on Oprah’s broadcast.

“I’m grateful that she opened up her platform to talk about Jesus unapologetically and without borders,” Lentz said. “It’s literally impossible to ‘say all the right things’ in interviews like this. I don’t even remotely try to. My goal is to always say the one thing that matters eternally, and by Gods grace, we are able to at least do that!”

While the photo generated over 16,000 likes on Instagram and over 5,000 likes on Facebook, many raised concern over the Hillsong leader’s appearance with the television celebrity, who once said, “There are many ways, many paths to what you call God. … Does God care about your heart or does God care about if you call His Son Jesus?”

“Oprah is a pagan with New Age beliefs. For many years she has stated that there are ‘many paths to God.’ She denies that Jesus said the way is narrow,” one wrote.

“This is very disturbing,” another stated. “I actually am not surprised by Carl Lenz. I am disturbed about the lack of discernment in the Church. … Please Church wake up. Stop following men. Stop looking to be entertained.”

“Lol c’mon man, do you need us watch-people to talk to you about Oprah, or can you figure out yourself?” a third wrote. “She openly denies John 14:6 is true, yet you’re claiming she wakes up everyday and thanks Jesus, the Jesus of John 14:6 she denied. This is the fruit we’re talking about man. Right here.”

Lentz replied to the comments on Instagram, remarking that he doesn’t like followers arguing about the Bible on his page.

“I don’t check these comments often, and the further I read on this thread, I’m reminded to do it less and less!” he said. “I will say that I can no longer allow people to use my comment section as their own personal theology blog! Can’t do it. Wrecks my picture and becomes almost embarrassing.”

“To all those leaving encouraging messages, it is good to read. 99.9 percent of people understand what this, what we are all about,” Lentz continued. “Social media has given a voice or comment section to all. It is what it is! Remember: the light is winning!!!! And that light shines on trolls and kind people alike. Goodnight and God bless!!”

As previously reported, Hillsong NYC is a popular 8,000 member Pentacostal congregation, which meets each week in nightclubs, theaters, and other venues across New York City. Trendy concert-like music, strobe lights, and Lentz’s unconventional messages draw thousands of attendees every Sunday.

Celebrities often stop by Hillsong NYC to experience Lentz’s unorthodox messages, which are often replete with street slang and modern lingo. Pop star Justin Bieber occasionally attends services and was reportedly baptized by Lentz.

Despite Lentz’s burgeoning popularity, many Christians are concerned with lack of clarity on social issues, including homosexuality. Lentz says he does not like preaching about moral debates and once told Katie Couric that Jesus “very rarely” talked about “morality and social issues.”

“My Bible says, be attentive to individual needs,” Lentz told his congregation in a sermon, which was publicized by the Huffington Post. “So I’m not gonna make polarizing political statements about certain things in our Christian community right now. No matter who says what, we won’t be pressured into giving blanket statements to individual needs. Never.”

http://christiannews.net/2016/05/28/concerns-raised-as-hillsongs-carl-lentz-praises-oprah-winfrey-after-appearance-on-super-soul-sunday/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2016, 03:34:46 pm »

http://www.contendingfortruth.com/end-time-current-events-7-4-16-part-3/
End Time Current Events–7-4-16 – Part 3

Table of Contents:
•Hillsong United Church Steeped In Illuminati And New Age Symbolism
•Exposing the Devil’s counterfeit church–Hillsong United is part of the demonic Emergent Church Movement and it is deadly spiritual poison wrapped in the candy-coated wrapper of the world’s entertainment
•Hillsong United Leader Brian Houston Now Promoting Chrislam
•The Naked Cowboy at Hillsong’s Women’s Conference–New York
•Hillsong’s “Sleazy Silent Night!”
•Austin Powers Impersonator Appears at Hillsong Women’s Conference
•Hillsong’s NYC Choir Leader & ‘Gay Couple’ Contradicts Brian Houston: ‘We Have Been Open, Forthright from Get-Go’
•HELLSONG: They Will Not Endure Sound Doctrine
•Eye Witness Account at Parliament of the World’s Religions 2015 Reveals Growing Animosity Toward Biblical Christians
•Picture of a actual Gay Rainbow welcome flag that has been placed above the door of a Southern Baptist Church door in California
•An internet ad implying what is coming
•100K Member Satanic Temple Opening Chapters All Across America To ‘Battle Christianity’
•‘Black Mass’ Planned for August in Oklahoma…
•Christianity Demonized as a Global Menace
•Tom Cruise’s New $50 Million ‘Scientology CNN’ TV And Hollywood Movie Studio That Rivals Paramount Pictures Promises To Reach ‘Every Person On Earth’ With Coming Alien-Savior Gospel
•Scott Johnson’s Teachings: Scientology, Aleister Crowley, L. Ron Hubbard and Black Magic & The Lure of New Age and Scientology

Audio: http://www.contendingfortruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/472.3-7-4-16.mp3

http://www.contendingfortruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/End-Time-Current-Events-7-4-16.pdf
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2017, 12:12:14 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/rivers-sandton-church-south-africa-laodicean-nightmare/
Hillsong-Connected Rivers Sandton Church In South Africa A Laodicean Nightmare That’s Actually A Shopping Mall
Their website says that "Rivers is a dynamic church that offers inspirational, practical and motivational Bible teaching for people of all ages, races and social and economic backgrounds." In case you're thinking that the garish Rivers Sandton Campus shopping mall just hatched itself out of the "miraculous working of God", perhaps you need to refresh your memory with this video of what a money-making machine Hillsong really is.

7/26/17

Hillsong United and all their tentacles are the perfect fulfillment of the end times prophecy Jesus gave as to what the condition of the professing church would be in the end times.

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” 2 Timothy 4:3,4 (KJV)

Be honest now, when you first saw the photo at the top of this article, did you say to yourself “hey, what a beautiful church that is”? I trow not, to say the least. Welcome to the Rivers Sandton Campus in South Africa. Welcome to Laodicea.

On the official Rivers Sandton Campus website they proudly point to thier relationship with mega-bux “church” Hillsong United:

It is an honour to be a part of the Hillsong Family, a unique group of over 25 churches worldwide, in relationship with Hillsong Church in Sydney Australia. Pastors Brian and Bobbie Houston have been friends of Rivers for almost two decades. They have spoken at our church and into our lives, and have been a great blessing to us. We are privileged to have been invited and included in this formation of fellowship.

We remain an autonomous church with our own name, vision, culture and identity, but we will be working closely with Hillsong on various initiatives and will be able to glean valuable leadership and church insights from them, as well as have an accountability relationship that can only strengthen our church.

Rivers Sandton Campus in South Africa costs tens of millions of dollars to build, wonder where all that money came from?

Their website says that “Rivers is a dynamic church that offers inspirational, practical and motivational Bible teaching for people of all ages, races and social and economic backgrounds.” So let’s take a look at the type of church campus that people associated with Hillsong United would seek to create, shall we?

Does that look like a church to you? It does if Joel Osteen, TD Jakes, or Kenneth Copeland is your pastor. And it does if you count among  your business associates Brian Houston from Hillsong United.
Rivers Sandton Campus is perfectly-cut from the Hillsong United Money-Machine template:

In case you’re thinking that the garish Rivers Sandton Campus shopping mall just hatched itself out of the “miraculous working of God”, perhaps you need to refresh your memory with this video of what a money-making machine Hillsong really is.

It’s the perfect crime. Hillsong funnels money to other “pastors” to start new mega-campuses, the money starts flowing in, and then the money starts flowing back to Hillsong via non-taxable and under and non-reported “love offerings” to the Houston compound.

All Hillsong campuses (they won’t call them churches) are dependent on the Biblical ignorance of their followers. They preach on tithing, something Christians are never told to do in the New Testament, to ensure the smooth flowing of money. They are Pentecostal, so instead of teaching Bible doctrine they preach “feelings”. The “worship” services are highly reminiscent of nightclubs so their congregants will feel more at home in a “loving and non-judgmental” atmosphere.

Hillsong United and all their tentacles are the perfect fulfillment of the end times prophecy Jesus gave as to what the condition of the professing church would be in the end times. Here it is:

“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.” Revelation 3:14-18 (KJV)

If you could reach back in time and bring the apostle Paul to the Rivers Sandton campus 2017, and told him that it was a Christian church, I think he would be so shocked he would either be struck dumb or so blazing mad he would set the whole thing on fire and burn it to the ground.

Today’s mega-churches are tax-free money-making monstrosities that teach almost no Bible doctrine of any kind, which is how they attract such a “diverse group of followers” from all walks of life. Imagine what would happen in Rivers Sandton or Hillsong began preaching against the LGBT movement (tens of thousands of followers out the door), started preaching against drinking alcohol (hundreds of thousands of followers out the door), or stopped preaching on Old Testament tithing. Ha! They do that, and they’d have to close up shop overnight.

But places like these could not stay in business without millions of dedicated gullible Christians who, like sheep to the slaughter, go without paying their bills so the Church corporation hierarchy can continue to live like kings.

And speaking of “Money! Money! Money!”, let’s let Hillsong United founder Brian Houston have the last word. If you can stomach it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2017, 06:17:43 pm »

'God Is the Judge,' Hillsong's Carl Lentz Tells 'The View' When Asked Whether or Not Abortion Is Sin

Carl Lentz of Hillsong New York recently appeared on ABC’s “The View,” where he was asked whether or not abortion is considered a sin at his church. While the answer was unclear, Lentz said that “God is the judge” and that he would prefer to know a person’s name and beliefs before making a determination as to whether or not they have sinned.

“Hillsong is seen as this hip, progressive church that’s drawn huge millennial crowds, but it’s still evangelical,” co-host Sara Haines stated to Lentz during the Oct. 30 broadcast. “So, where do you stand on social issues that young people are particularly passionate about, like gay marriage [and] abortion? Like, how do you address those types of things?”

“I think our job is still to help people—not necessarily change how they think—but try to point them to what God has said, what we believe the Bible [has] to say,” Lentz replied. “We believe that God is good, that God loves everybody, that Jesus was here to set people free, and that’s still the good news of the gospel.”

He said that he tries to allow everyone who would like to hear the message to come to Hillsong because sometimes evangelicals and others shut out those who disagree on the issues.

Bringing Lentz back around to the question, co-host Joy Bahar then asked, “So, it’s not a sin in your church to have an abortion?”

“Um, that’s the kind of conversation we would have—finding out your story, where you’re from, what you believe,” Lentz replied.

“Work through it,” Haines interjected. “Like, talk about things.”

“Yeah, I mean, God’s the judge,” Lentz answered. “People have to live with their own convictions, and I think if I have to tell you…”

His response drew applause from the audience.

“That’s such a broad question to me. I’m going higher,” Lentz said. “I want to sit with somebody and say, ‘What do you believe?'”

“So, it’s not an open-and-shut case with you,” Bahar observed.

“Some people would say it is,” Lentz replied. “I think, to me, I’m trying to teach people who Jesus is first [and] find out their story. Before I start picking and choosing what is sin in your life, I’d like to know your name.”

As previously reported, Lentz drew concern earlier this year after photos resurfaced of photos of the Hillsong hipster slamming shots with Justin Bieber at a bar in New Zealand. Bieber and Lentz also took a bike tour during the visit, singing along to the Ludacris profanity-laden song “Move [Expletive] (Get Out the Way).”

“I’ve been drankin’ and bustin’ too/And I been thinkin’ of bustin’ you/Upside ya [expletive] forehead/And if your friends jump in/’Oh girl,’ they’ll be mo’ dead,” the lyrics read. “Move [expletive]! Get out the way!”

While Lentz bobbed to the music and sang out the tune alongside Bieber, he substituted the recurring curse word in the chorus for “please,” while Bieber used the expletive.

Lentz likewise received criticism year after he praised Oprah Winfrey following an appearance on her “Super Soul Sunday” broadcast.

“What struck me most about her, was her ease and kindness,” he wrote. “She told me her key was ‘waking up each day and thanking Jesus for loving me and thanking Him for all he has done.’ That practice, in that order, is one to be copied.”
Photo credit: Instagram

After followers pointed out that Winfrey is involved in New Age and denies Jesus as being the only way to God, Lentz stated that he didn’t like followers using his page as their “own personal theology blog.”

“Wrecks my picture and becomes almost embarrassing,” he wrote.

He also raised eyebrows after his interview with Winfrey was aired as some worried about his response to Winfrey’s question as to whether or not only Christians can be in a relationship with God.

No,” Lentz replied. “I believe that when Jesus said that ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life’—the way I read that, Jesus said that He is the road marker, He is the map.”

“So, I think that God loves people so much that whether they accept or reject Him, He’s still gracious, and He’s still moving, and He’s still giving you massive red blinking lights, for chances to take a right turn where maybe you’d take a left,” he continued. “But I believe God loves people, and that’s what this whole gospel is based on—it’s love. You take the love out of it, we’ve got a moral book.”

Lentz later said that he could have worded his reply more clearly as he really meant that everyone can have a relationship with God, and that Jesus is the way.

As previously reported, Hillsong NYC is a popular 8,000-member congregation, which according to the Australian headquarters of Hillsong, is “a contemporary pentecostal church.” It meets each week at Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan and the Wellmont Theater in Montclair, New Jersey.

http://christiannews.net/2017/11/02/god-is-the-judge-hillsongs-carl-lentz-tells-the-view-when-asked-whether-or-not-abortion-is-sin/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2017, 12:04:58 am »

Millennial megachurch pastor says Christians criticizing him ‘might know a different Jesus’

You got that right

Carl Lentz, pastor at Hillsong Church, spoke with RELEVANT magazine for an interview published on Wednesday, where he addressed controversial comments he made about abortion during an early November appearance on “The View.”

What were the comments that got him into trouble?
Lentz came under fire after his appearance on the ABC daytime show after refusing to outright call abortion sinful.

“God’s the judge,” Lentz told co-host Joy Behar after she asked him if it was a sin in his church to have an abortion.

“People have to live to their own convictions, and I think if I have to tell you … that’s such a broad question to me,” he explained.

Behar then pressed Lentz further and said, “So it’s not an open-and-shut case with you?”

He responded, “Some people would say it is. I think, to me, I’m trying to teach people who Jesus is first, find out their story before I start picking and choosing what I think is sin in your life, I’d like to know your name.”

Lentz initially clarified his position after the backlash, and on Twitter said, “Recently in an interview, I was asked direction if abortion is sin. I did not answer the question directly for a number of reasons and that has caused some confusion about our stance as a church on this matter.

“I do believe abortion is sinful,” Lentz wrote. “Our prayer is that we can continue to help and love those that deal with the pain of regret from personal choices, rather than cast further shame and guilt on those already carrying so much and create a church that can teach people how to form convictions based on God’s word, that will be the driving force in all their decisions.”

He concluded, “I will continue to point people to Jesus, above all else, every opportunity I get. The story of God’s redemptive grace, available to all, is the best news available.”

rest: http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/11/17/millennial-megachurch-pastor-says-christians-criticizing-him-might-know-a-different-jesus
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2018, 05:36:43 pm »

Hillsong’s Joel Houston Raises Questions in Claiming Evolution Was ‘Created by God’ in Explanation of Worship Song ‘So Will I’

Joel Houston, band member and songwriter with Hillsong United and worship leader at Hillsong NYC, drew numerous questions among followers last week in claiming that evolution, being pursuant to God’s authority and creative Word, “is undeniable” and was “created by God.” The matter has left some confused, and some remain unsure about what Houston meant by his remarks or what he was referring to in using the word “evolution.”

In seeking to sort out his various remarks, some have raised concerns, including the biblical creation organization Answers in Genesis, which deduced from Houston’s statements that the singer is asserting that “God started the universe with the supposed Big Bang and that naturalistic evolutionary processes followed” to bring about His declared will. Houston contends that he was trying to convey that “[s ]cience is just catching up with what God said”—that God spoke “Let there be light” and “bang!”

The situation began on June 24 when a follower named Brian Peterson asked Houston, the son of Hillsong founder Brian Houston, if he has ever provided an explanation of the group’s reference to evolution in the popular worship song “So Will I (100 Billion X).”

“All nature and science/Follow the sound of Your voice/And as You speak/A hundred billion creatures catch Your breath/Evolving in pursuit of what You said/If it all reveals Your nature, so will I,” the lyrics state.

“Evolution is undeniable—created by God as a reflective means of displaying nature’s pattern of renewal in pursuance of God’s Word—an ode to the nature of the creative God it reflects—and only ever in part—not the SOURCE!” Houston replied. “Science and faith aren’t at odds. God created the Big Bang.”

As his response drew controversy, Houston posted clarification that he doesn’t believe evolution is the source of all creation—God is the Creator and spoke all things into existence—but that the reference was rather in regard to his view that creation evolves and adapts to catch up with what God authoritatively called it to be. In other words, Houston believes that evolutionary events continue to take place in nature to come into obedience to the Word of God spoken at the beginning.

While he did not provide specific examples of what he believes to be evolution, he agreed with a follower who said that they wanted to keep the discussion of evolution “micro and not macro,” so as not to confuse “bad philosophy with good science.”

“Context—things evolve, they change and adapt. I DON’T believe in evolution as a theory of SOURCE; I believe it’s merely a pattern of nature—created by God, reflecting nature’s desire for renewal, survival, new life—something-SomeONE—like God,” he said.

“I think what gets lost, strangely enough, is that in any case, the Word comes before any kind of Big Bang. ‘Let there be light’!! BOOM!! And there WAS!!!” Houston stated.

He also referred to the matter in a spiritual sense, outlining God’s transformative power, that “[w]e’ve been saved and called to a embody a different nature.”

“I think adaptability is nature’s way; the Spirit calls us to adapt to a different kind of nature—either way, we’re all evolving—towards what, and WHO, is the question for all of us,” Houston stated.

“[A]ccording to the Spirit-nature renewing us, we evolve counter-naturally to that of our earthen nature—ever in response to God’s Word,” he further noted.

When asked if he believes in the Big Bang or a literal six-day creation, he responded vaguely, “It means I believe God created everything and His Word came first.” Yet, when another reader took issue with Houston’s statement that “God created the Big Bang,” he replied, “And the earth was formless and void, darkness covered the earth, and the Spirit was hovering over the surface of the deep. And God said, ‘Let there be light!’ And there was … BANG! That’s all I’m saying. Science is just catching up with what God said.”

Houston also responded to another follower who asked about where he stands on ape to man evolution, advising that he believes God made man out of the dust, as stated in Genesis.

He opined that some were jumping to conclusions about his beliefs and not understanding his words or the words of the song.

“The entire premise of ‘So Will I’ is the redemptive, creative, authority and power of God’s Word. That at the end of the day, all our best theories, ideas, dogmas and best attempts at understanding will ultimately surrender to the ‘Word at the beginning,'” Houston said.

However, he additionally suggested that it doesn’t matter whether God created the universe in a literal six days or if it evolved over time.

“If God’s creative process was an easy working week, or finely crafted over six-ages of millennia, does it make Him any more or less God?” Houston asserted. “Or us any more or less created in His image? Either way, it was an unfathomably wonderful six-day process, however you think to see it.”

Another follower stated that he found a problem with the concept of “whatever your viewpoint, God controlled it,” because if natural selection occurred before The Fall, it would contradict the Scripture that teaches, “Through one man, death entered the world…”

“Well now, we could start going DEEEP!!!! Perhaps too deep for tweets,” Houston replied. “I wasn’t there (literally), so I can’t say … but I don’t believe any of it is a problem to God, when it comes to His redemptive plan for humanity.”

Read Houston’s comments here and here, and view a video explanation of the song recorded in 2017 here.

Ken Ham’s Answers in Genesis was asked by the ministry’s supporters to comment on the matter, and he, along with Dr. Georgia Purdom, said that while “it’s hard to know exactly what Joel Houston is saying,” they concluded that “there’s enough in the tweets to convince us that Joel Houston did use the terms science and evolving in the second verse of the song to mean that God started the universe with the supposed Big Bang and that naturalistic evolutionary processes followed.”

“The terminology used here is common among those who compromise evolution with Genesis … who claim that God started everything with the Big Bang and built into that original creation the laws of nature so that by natural processes everything would unfold over billions of years to produce the universe and all living things as they are today,” Ham and Purdom outlined.

They said that the Big Bang, as it is known in scientific terms, is not biblical.

“Many Christians have argued that the way God created in Genesis could be described as God using a Big Bang as his method. However, the Big Bang model has the stars and sun coming into existence before the earth, whereas the creation account in Genesis clearly teaches that the earth was created before the sun and the stars. Many other contradictions make it clear that God did not use the supposed Big Bang to create,” Ham and Purdom stated.

They opined that if they understand Houston’s tweets correctly, they would not sing the song—especially considering his assertion that it doesn’t matter whether Creation was a literal six days or not—and are concerned about how the tune could influence others based on how he explained it.

“We think his response makes it quite clear that he’s saying a person can believe in evolution/millions of years or six days of creation, but it doesn’t matter, as long as you believe in and worship our Creator God. Now if this is so, would we sing this song? Not at all,” Ham and Purdom stated. “In fact, if our understanding is correct, then this song and what Joel has said about his composition, can, sadly, potentially influence thousands of young people with a compromised position on Scripture in Genesis.”

David Mathis, who also wrote about the matter for Desiring God, said that he wasn’t certain what the lyrics meant either, but remarked that at the very least, the use of “evolving” was a poor word choice, especially for corporate worship.

“Maybe the authors didn’t really mean ‘evolve,’ but only hoped to communicate that God’s hundred billion creatures ‘obey,’ or are ‘led by,’ or are ‘guided by’ what God says. That’s the best possible reading I can imagine, but the problem remains: ‘evolve’ does not mean ‘obey.’ ‘Evolve’ does not mean ‘guide,'” he wrote. “This ‘evolving’ line is either what many of us would view as a foolish compromise with unbelieving philosophy (masquerading as ‘science’), or it’s a very bad word choice.”

“Whatever was intended by the authors, I cannot see how a significant number of worshipers will not be distracted and confused by that word choice—which is disappointing since it’s such a good song otherwise,” Mathis said.

Answers in Genesis said that it would like to see Houston publicly denounce the Big Bang (as used by secular scientists) and evolution, and clearly state that he believes in the literal six-day creation.

“Also, I would like to publicly invite him to come visit the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum, and I would gladly give him a personal tour,” Ham said.

Read Ham’s post in full here and Mathis’ post here.

On Monday, Houston shared a link about a young planet that is stated to still be forming, writing, “Fake news?—or the ever-expanding wonder of God’s Word still creating evolving-things from whence it first spoke ‘little lights into the vault of the sky to help govern the day and the night, and separate light from darkness’?”

https://christiannews.net/2018/07/03/hillsongs-joel-houston-raises-questions-in-claiming-evolution-is-undeniable-in-explanation-of-worship-song-so-will-i/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:38:38 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2019, 06:51:43 pm »

Hillsong’s Marty Sampson: ‘I’m Genuinely Losing My Faith’

Yet another public figure popular within Christianity has come forward to say he is “losing” his faith.

Hillsong’s Marty Sampson, who is credited with writing or co-writing some of the most popular worship songs today, wrote on Instagram that Christianity is “not for me.”

In a follow-up post, though, Sampson indicated he was studying some of the faith’s leading apologists, including John Lennox and Ravi Zacharias. He also said in response to a Christian Post column that he hasn’t “renounced” his faith but that “it’s on incredibly shaky ground.”

Sampson’s initial post came a few weeks after bestselling Christian author Joshua Harris – who wrote I Kissed Dating Goodbye – announced he is no longer a Christian.

“Time for some real talk,” Sampson wrote in a now-deleted Instagram post. “... I’m genuinely losing my faith ... and it doesn’t bother me… like, what bothers me now is nothing… I am so happy now, so at peace with the world... It’s crazy.

“This is a soapbox moment so here I go… how many preachers fall? Many. No one talks about it. How many miracles happen. Not many. No one talks about it. Why is the Bible full of contradictions? No one talks about it. How can God be love yet send four billion people to a place, all coz they don’t believe? No one talks about it. Christians can be the most judgmental people on the planet – they can also be some of the most beautiful and loving people… but it’s not for me.”

Sampson is listed as a writer or co-writer of dozens of songs, including Hillsong’s God He Reigns.

“I am not in anymore,” Sampson wrote. “I want genuine truth. Not the ‘I just believe it’ kind of truth. Science keeps piercing the truth of every religion. Lots of things help people change their lives, not just one version of God. Got so much more to say, but for me, I’m keeping it real. Unfollow if you want, I’ve never been about living my life for others.”

“All I know is what’s true to me right now, and Christianity just seems to me like another religion at this point,” he added.

“I could go on, but I won’t. Love and forgive absolutely. Be kind absolutely. Be generous and do good to others absolutely. Some things are good no matter what you believe. Let the rainfall, the sun will come up tomorrow,” the songwriter concluded.

The post has since been deleted.

This week, he posted pictures of five Christian apologists, including Lennox, Zacharias and Mike Licona, and wrote: “I don’t know these men personally, but I do watch them regularly and listen to their arguments. If you don’t know who they are, perhaps you may want to find out more about them.”

He also posted a picture of Francis Collins, a Christian who affirms the theory of evolution, with a quote from Collins: “The evidence supporting the idea that all living things are descended from a common ancestor is truly overwhelming. I would not necessarily wish that to be so, as a Bible-believing Christian. But it is so. It does not serve faith well to deny that.”

Below both new posts, fans said they were praying for him.

Sampson responded to a Christian Post column, “Reaching out to a Hillsong leader who is renouncing his faith,” by saying he is studying both sides of the faith debate.

“I have and continue to analyze the arguments of prominent Christian apologists and biblical scholars, and am open-minded enough to consider the arguments of atheist debaters and debaters from other religions,” he wrote. “If the truth is true, it will remain so regardless of my understanding of it. If I search it out, surely it will become even more clearly seen as the truth that it is. Examining a diamond more closer reveals the quality of the diamond. As I am still breathing, I am still learning.”

Denny Burk, professor of biblical studies at Boyce College in Louisville, Ky., said stories like those of Sampson and Harris are a reminder that the believer should never place one’s faith in a mortal person.

“Our faith is ultimately not in any Christian celebrity or leader but in Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world who never fails or disappoints,” Burk told Christian Headlines.

Apostasy, he added, is real.

“Jesus warned us that it would happen (Matt. 13:20-22) and so did the apostles (Acts 20:30). Nevertheless, it is painful and heartbreaking to witness. No one plans on apostatizing when they come to Christ. Life happens. Troubles come. Faith is tested. The soil is eventually revealed for what it is. What will time and trouble reveal about you? About me?

“... And there is nothing in our flesh to keep us from [apostasy]. We are just as dependent upon God’s grace today as we were the first day we tasted it. If we stand, it will be by the power of God alone. Apart from grace, we would all be careening to our own destruction.”

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/hillsong-s-marty-sampson-i-m-genuinely-losing-my-faith.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2019, 06:53:11 pm »

Original Hillsong Worship Leader Marty Sampson Announces He's 'Leaving Christianity' Because The Bible Is 'Full Of Contradictions' • Now The End Begins

Hillsong worship leader Marty Sampson announced on Instagram Friday that he’s “genuinely losing his faith”—and he’s not upset about it.

Over the past few years, there has been a tidal wave of contemporary Christian church leaders who have dramatically announced they are ‘leaving the faith’ because they no longer believe the Bible is true. Just two weeks ago, Joshua Harris, author of ‘I Kissed Dating Goodbye‘ decided he had had enough and walked away. Baptist pastors write editorials in USA Today telling Christians to ‘apologize to the LGBTQ+‘, and Jesse Duplantis still needs $54 million for that new jet. Now one of the original Hillsong worship leaders and writer of popular Christian music Marty Sampson says he doesn’t want to be a Christian anymore. Hmm. 🤔

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;” 1 Timothy 4:1,2 (KJV)

One of the great tragedies of the modern ‘seeker sensitive‘ church movement is that they created converts based on their feelings rather than on the word of God. Why are the modern megachurches filled to overflowing on a Sunday morning? Because they come for the music, and the fun, and the coffee shop in the lobby, and they love how good they feel when the service is over. And none of that is biblical, and none of that is the gospel of the grace of God.

“That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.” Ephesians 1:12-14 (KJV)

The Bible when preached in truth and power tells you exactly who and what you are, a lowly sinner who deserves Hell who God saved anyway because He loved you. That’s where the gospel starts, it starts with you headed for Hell until Jesus stepped in and paid your debt, and then you accepted that free gift. How does that make you feel? First it makes you feel terrible when you realize that He had to die because you are sinner. And then when you think on that awhile, it makes you feel glad beyond measure that He loved you so much to be willing to die in your place.

It’s a hard truth, but it’s a hard truth that heals you, saves you, redeems you and restores you. Any church that doesn’t preach on Hell is no church at all by Bible standards.

“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” Revelation 3:14-16 (KJV)

But when all you are fed is peppy, upbeat ‘worship songs’ with their endless and mind-deadening repetitive choruses, in ‘church services’ that make you applaud everything that is said and done, you are spiritually dead and empty inside, unable to weather the storms of life so you eventually quit like Marty did and all the others have done. Charles Spurgeon warned that the time would come when instead of pastors feeding the sheep, the church would be filled with clowns entertaining the goats. That day is here.
Hillsong Worship Leader Marty Sampson Announces He Wants No Part in Christianity Anymore

FROM CHARISMA MAGAZINE: Marty Sampson was one of Hillsong United’s original worship leaders and wrote and co-wrote hundreds of praise songs including hits like “Now that You’re Near,” “King of Majesty,” “O Praise the Name,” “For Who You Are” and “Open Heaven.”

In his post—which has since been deleted, along with the rest of the artist’s Instagram posts—he included a picture of what appears to be Samson bringing down the pillars of the Philistine temple in Judges 16. He writes that the more he thinks about it, the more Christianity seems just like every other religion, and he doesn’t want any part of it anymore:

“Christians can be some of the most judgmental people on the planet—they can also be some of the most beautiful and loving people … but it’s not for me. I am not in any more. I want genuine truth. Not the ‘I just believe it’ kind of truth. Science keeps piercing the truth of every religion. Lots of things help people change their lives, not just one version of God.”

Sampson also points to apparent contradictions in the Bible and the church as a reason he’s leaving the faith.

“How many preachers fall?” he asks. “Many. No one talks about it. How many miracles happen? Not many. No one talks about it. Why is the Bible full of contradictions? No one talks about it. How can God be love yet send 4 billion people to a place, all coz [sic] they don’t believe? No one talks about it.”

Joel Osteen The Power Of I Am Book

CLICK TO VISIT THE END TIMES CHURCH OF LAODICEA ARTICLE ARCHIVE
Cultural commentator Michael Brown challenges Sampson’s assertions that no one talks about these issues.

Brown points to the countless articles that were written in Christian and secular media when Joshua Harris announced his departure from the faith two weeks ago. For commentary on miracles and supposed contradictions in the Bible, Brown says there are plenty of books.

“Well, I’m thrilled to hear he wants ‘genuine truth’ as opposed to simply taking things by faith,” Brown says. “But I must ask once more, ‘What Christian world has he been living in?”

Despite leaving Christianity, Sampson says he still holds onto what he believes is good about spirituality: “Love and forgive absolutely. Be kind absolutely. Be generous and do good to others absolutely. Some things are good no matter what you believe. Let the rain fall, the sun will come up tomorrow.”

In the wake of Sampson’s announcement, Brown encourages Christians everywhere not to be afraid of asking the hard questions. And he prays Sampson’s heart would genuinely know the truth.

“My prayer is that Marty Sampson would have the integrity of heart to seek the truth earnestly, with humility and passion, and that all others with questions will put those questions on the table. … Let’s pray for Marty’s repentance, restoration and more.” READ MORE

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/original-hillsong-worship-leader-marty-sampson-announces-he-is-leaving-christianity-because-bible-full-of-contradictions/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: