End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:14:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Creflo "give me a" Dollar arrested

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creflo "give me a" Dollar arrested  (Read 1473 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2012, 06:24:39 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/megachurch-pastor-creflo-dollar-arrested-163311154.html

ATLANTA (AP) — Megachurch pastor and televangelist Creflo Dollar — who has drawn scrutiny for his flashy lifestyle and preaching that prosperity is good — was arrested early Friday after authorities say he slightly hurt his 15-year-old daughter in a fight at his metro Atlanta home.

Fayette County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call of domestic violence at the home in unincorporated Fayette County around 1 a.m., said investigator Brent Rowan. The pastor and his daughter were arguing over whether she could go to a party when Dollar "got physical" with her, leaving her with "superficial injuries," Rowan said.

The 15-year-old was the one who called authorities, and her 19-year-old sister corroborated the story, Rowan said.

Dollar faces misdemeanor charges of simple battery and cruelty to children. He bonded out of Fayette County jail Friday morning.

"As a father I love my children and I always have their best interest at heart at all times, and I would never use my hand to ever cause bodily harm to my children," Dollar said in a statement released by his lawyer Nikki Bonner. "The facts in this case will be handled privately to further protect my children. My family thanks you for your prayers and continued support."

Dollar will make no further comments since he's involved in the ongoing criminal matter, but he is expected to preach Sunday, Bonner said.

The 50-year-old leads the Creflo Dollar Ministries and is the pastor for World Changers Church International in the Atlanta suburb of College Park, which serves nearly 30,000 members, according to the church's website. World Changers Church-New York hosts over 6,000 worshippers each week, the website says. Four satellite churches are located in Georgia along with others in Los Angeles, Indianapolis, Washington, Cleveland, Dallas and Houston.

He and his wife Taffi, a co-pastor at the church, have five children, according to the website.

Dollar is a native of College Park and says he received a vision for World Changers Ministries Christian Center in 1986. He held the first service, in front of only eight people, in the cafeteria of Kathleen Mitchell Elementary School in College Park, the website says.

His ministry grew quickly, moved into a modest-sized chapel and was renamed World Changers Church International. The church moved into its present location, an 8,500-seat sanctuary called the World Dome, on Dec. 24, 1995.

Dollar said in a 2007 interview with The Associated Press that he renounced his salary from the church, and his income only comes from personal investments, including a real estate residential property business and horse breeding company called Dollar Ranch. He's published more than 30 books, focusing mostly on family and life issues, including debt management.

"I stopped taking a salary," he said. "But no one ask the question, 'Where are you getting your money from?' Well, I have boxes of invitations to speak. At first, I was glad to preach for anyone. What I didn't know was I received a love offering for preaching. Back then, it was for $25 bucks. But over the years, people began to appreciate what I was bringing to them."

He said in the interview that he sometimes got up to $100,000 for a single appearance on his packed schedule of speaking engagements.

"That tells you where my money comes from," he said.

Along with Bishop Eddie Long, Dollar is one of the most prominent African-American preachers based around Atlanta who have built successful ministries on the prosperity gospel, which teaches that God wants to bless the faithful with earthly riches. Ministers in this tradition often hold up their own wealth as evidence that the teaching works.

"When most people hear prosperity, they hear money," he said in the 2007 interview. "They're are not incorrect but are incomplete. When I define prosperity, I define it from a biblical point. If you go into the Hebrew version of the Bible, prosperity is define as peace, wholeness and continuing well being."

While Dollar may seem like a contrived name for a man who preaches the prosperity gospel, Dollar is named after his father, Creflo Dollar Sr.

"If I was on the other side and heard some preacher with the name Rev. Dollar, I would probably have some issues as well. It becomes a responsibility," he said in the 2007 interview. "God must've had a sense of humor giving it to me."

Dollar, who's known for his pinstriped suits and charismatic sermons, has written several books offering followers his advice on how to get out of debt and take lessons from the Bible in building wealth so they can better live as Christians.

"True prosperity is measured not by what you take out of the Book and how use what you've received to benefit mankind. It's having wealth, health, and the wisdom to do as God commands," he wrote in his 1999 book, "Total Life Prosperity: 14 Practical Steps to Receiving God's Full Blessing."

In another passage, he promises readers: "No longer do poverty, sickness, addiction, and fear have free course to rule and reign in your life. You no longer have to allow the circumstances of marital discord, rebellious children, or unemployment to dominate your household."

Long and Dollar were among six televangelists investigated by Iowa U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley from 2007 to 2010, following questions about personal use of church-owned airplanes, luxury homes and credit cards by megachurch pastors and their families. The report did not find any definitive wrongdoing, but it expressed concern about the lack of financial oversight at such large ministries.

That wasn't Dollar's only brush with controversy.

When former heavyweight boxing champion Evander Holyfield filed for divorce in 1999, Dollar refused to give a court-ordered statement in the case about how much money Holyfield had given to the church. Janice Holyfield's lawyer said he had determined that Holyfield gave $403,000 to the church in 1998, and donated $3.9 million in the 60 days before the ex-champ filed for divorce in March 1999.

Dollar's lawyer said he should not be required to testify because of the separation of church and state, pastor-parishioner privilege and several state and biblical laws. Dollar vowed in sermons at the time not to release the information because he didn't want to facilitate a divorce.

Dollar was found in contempt of court, but he was not punished because the Holyfields ended up reaching a settlement, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported at the time.

In December 1999, 100 Fulton County police officers were scolded by the county's ethics board for accepting $ 1,000 apiece from Dollar, who said he wanted to recognize their service, the newspaper reported at the time. But the gesture came a month after two traffic tickets Dollar had received were downgraded to warnings.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:00:04 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 02:18:46 am »

The church moved into its present location, an 8,500-seat sanctuary called the World Dome, on Dec. 24, 1995.

Can it be any more obvious what manner of spirit that is? Wow.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 01:31:44 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/creflo-dollar-denies-punching-choking-daughter-154645000.html

Creflo Dollar denies punching, choking daughter

COLLEGE PARK, Ga. (AP) — Megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar staunchly denied Sunday that he punched and choked his 15-year-old daughter in an argument, telling his congregation the allegations made in a police report are nothing but "exaggeration and sensationalism."

"I will say this emphatically: I should have never been arrested," Dollar said in his first public appearance two days after police charged him with misdemeanor counts of simple battery and cruelty to children.

The pastor got an enthusiastic ovation as he took the pulpit Sunday at the World Changers Church International in metro Atlanta. He addressed the criminal charges head-on for several minutes before moving on to his sermon.

"I want you all to hear personally from me that all is well in the Dollar household," Dollar said.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 10:31:18 am »

SCLC Condemns Creflo Dollar Arrest
The Southern Christian Leadership Conference is the latest group to throw its weight behind the influential Atlanta pastor after he was arrested for attacking his 15-year-old daughter.

After endorsements from the Georgia State Conference and the Fayette County Branch of the NAACP and commendations on “responsible parenting,” Atlanta pastor Creflo Dollar received another vote of confidence from the Georgia chapter of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) following his arrest last week for allegedly attacking his 15-year-old daughter during a disagreement about a party she wanted to attend. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports:

"'I think it's been exaggerated because of who is it,' the Rev. Samuel Mosteller, president of the SCLC's Georgia chapter, told reporters at a news conference Friday morning. 'If it was a normal family I don't think there would've been an arrest at all.'

In an accompanying news release, Mosteller said that, as a result of Dollar's arrest, parents 'may be hesitant to discipline the child and the child may be more likely to involve police.'

'We believe the parent was exercising his parental responsibility, as all children cannot be allowed to leave the home when they are underage,' Mosteller said."

Read the full story here.

http://www.ajc.com/news/fayette/sclc-official-deputies-wrong-1458818.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 10:19:47 am »

Creflo Dollar Charges for Beating Daughter Dropped after Anger Management Classes

Georgia megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar has successfully had battery charges against him dropped after he completed an anger management program, after accusations last year that he physically attacked his 15-year-old daughter.

"As a prosecutor it is my job to strike the appropriate balance of punishment and rehabilitation in every case I handle," said State Court Solicitor Jamie K. Inagawa, according to TheCitizen.com. "I feel that my office has accomplished just such a balance in this case. The defendant has been punished for his actions, concerns for his possible re-offending have been addressed and the family unit has been preserved."

Dollar, 50, leads the non-denominational World Changers Church International based in College Park, Ga., at an 8,500-seat sanctuary called the World Dome. In addition to his 30,000-member College Park congregation, the popular prosperity preacher has a 6,000-member church located in New York City.

Dollar was originally arrested and taken into custody at Fayette County Jail on June 7, 2012, where he was later released on a $5,000 bond. It was reported that the minister was suspected to have "slightly hurt" his 15-year old daughter after they got into an argument about her attending a party. Dollar's 19-year-old daughter, Alexandria Dollar, later claimed that she saw her father "put both hands around her sister's neck and [choke] her for about five seconds," after which she allegedly saw him slap her younger sister in the face and throw her to the ground.

A deputy Fayette County officer added that upon inspection, the girl appeared to have a scratch on the right side of her neck. Dollar reportedly told officers that his daughter had become very disrespectful after the argument over the party, and she hit him when he tried to wrestle her to the floor.

"As a father I love my children and I always have their best interest at heart at all times, and I would never use my hand to ever cause bodily harm to my children. The facts in this case will be handled privately to further protect my children. My family thanks you for your prayers and continued support," Dollar said in a statement after the incident.

Judge Inagawa has now dismissed the charges against the minister, but said that he will have to pay $1,072 in fees and court costs.

Dollar was originally charged with simple battery, or family violence, but since he opted to take the pre-trial intervention program, the pastor did not have to enter a plea in the case.

TheCitizen.com reported that the anger management program lasted three months, during which the World Changers Church International leader was required to report to a probation officer and avoid violent contact with anyone. He successfully completed the anger management classes, and his probation officer said that he incurred no new charges during in that time period.

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/creflo-dollar-charges-for-beating-daughter-dropped-after-anger-management-classes-88881/#MzgFx4H2BT8BV8Yc.99
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 11:01:49 am »

He needed an anger management class? Why not simply reading this passage of scripture?

Eph 4:31  Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Eph 4:32  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

James 1:19  Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Jas 1:20  For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
Jas 1:21  Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 01:02:33 pm »

He needed an anger management class? Why not simply reading this passage of scripture?

You act as if he has Read the Bible or somethng...  Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 01:11:09 pm »

You act as if he has Read the Bible or somethng...  Huh

I know he's a wolf in sheep's clothing et al - but point being that people(not just Creflo) in general seems to want the world's solutions instead of what Jesus Christ has to offer in his word. The former is not only a broad path, but also a very complicated/difficult one as well, but nonetheless the world's solutions are embraced by the world.

As for anger management classes - I've attended one of these years ago. All it is is everyone taking turns pouring their hearts out over what gets them angry, and expecting the "counselors" to say words of comfort to them.(but these "counselors" themselves end up saying nothing b/c they don't know what to say)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 04:55:31 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 09:47:30 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 12:59:22 pm »

Televangelist Creflo Dollar’s Plea for Help to Buy $65 Million Private Jet Removed After Backlash

A video of a prominent prosperity preacher issuing an online plea to supporters to help him purchase a $65 million dollar private jet has been removed following backlash over the matter.

Staff of Creflo Dollar of World Changers Church International in College Park, Ga. had posted the video on the organization’s website this month as Dollar asked for 200,000 people to donate $300 dollars each so that he could purchase a new G650 airplane.

He explained in the footage that his current 1984 jet, which he purchased in 1999, experienced engine failure in London on a recent trip to Australia. Dollar said that the plane is now grounded and is in need of being replaced.

“Due to this recent incident coupled with the 31 years the airplane has been in service, we believe it is time to replace this aircraft so that our pastors and staff can continue to safely and swiftly share the good news of the gospel worldwide,” the webpage, which is now unavailable, stated. “We need your help to continue reaching a lost and dying world for the Lord Jesus Christ.”

The Gulfstream G650 is a top-end business jet that can carry up to 18 passengers and is stated to fly faster than other large cabin aircraft.

“A longer, wider cabin and the choice of 12 floorplans offer more design configurations for meetings, entertaining and relaxing,” the manufacturer website explains. “A convection oven, large ice drawers and fitted storage for flatware and crystal increase dining options. After dinner, relax in a handcrafted leather recliner. Or retreat to a private stateroom. The choice is yours.”

“The work they (the Dollars) do is important,” public relations representative Juda Engelmayer told the Atlanta Constitution Journal on Friday. “It’s feeding, clothing, educating people, as well as passing on the word of God.”

“The plane is not so Creflo Dollar can get on by himself and fly,” he added to the Christian Post. “They take a ministry team of 10 to 15 people with them. They take thousands of pounds of food and provisions with them when they go around the world. If he’s coming to the New York church, he’ll hop on a Delta flight. If he’s taking 12 people plus 100,000 pounds of food, it’s not that simple.”

But as word broke about the project, some still expressed dismay as to why Dollar, who leads a 30,000-member megachurch and lives in a million dollar home, needs such an expensive aircraft, which is reportedly sought out by billionaires. David Graham, Global Express aircraft captain with Advanced Air Management, told the publication that Engelmayer’s claims don’t add up.

“[The aircraft] cannot carry 12 people and 100,000# of food and supplies,” he said. “Creflo is a crook and scammin’ his church in the name of the Lord.”

Significant backlash also broke out on social media.

“Most people think the appeal is very extreme, and they basically believe that they are sending the wrong message to the world about Christianity,” Leonardo Blair told WSB-TV Atlanta.

While the appeal page has apparently been removed from the World Changers website, contributions for “Project G650″ are still being accepted on the donation page. Spokespersons for the organization state that the campaign is being reassessed and that Dollar is flying commercial in the meantime.

http://christiannews.net/2015/03/15/televangelist-creflo-dollars-plea-for-help-to-buy-65-million-private-jet-removed-after-backlash/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 05:24:41 am »

Leonard Ravenhill's Son Has an Idea for How Creflo Dollar Can Get a $65M Private Jet

I've been thinking about Creflo Dollar's dream to upgrade his ailing jet for something better, much better, in fact. I hate to see this 'man of God' having to travel by way of a commercial airline, like the rest of us mere mortals.

Jesus borrowed a womb to be born, a boat to preach from, a donkey to ride on and a boy's lunch to feed the multitude, not to mention a room for the Last Supper, etc. Aside from that, we are told "the Son of Man had nowhere to lay His head."

But that was then and this is now!

I just can't picture Creflo on a donkey, not when he is accustomed to driving around in his Rolls-Royce or Bentley or one of his other luxury cars. Which brings me back to how he can make his dream a reality.

The solution to his problem is simple. I can't believe he hasn't thought of it himself. He just needs to practice what he preaches. Since he is a staunch advocate of the seed faith message, all he needs to do is enclose a check for thirty dollars in his next mailing to each of his seed-faith partners; then stand back and watch as the money begins pouring in. After all, as the saying goes, 'What's good for the goose is good for the gander.' If this is a spiritual principle that works for everyone, then why doesn't he practice what he repeatedly tells his faithful flock every week? With only a 10-fold increase he would receive $300 for every $30 he sows. That being the case, why not enclose $300 to every partner and do away with the little jet in favor of the Boeing of his choice? He could then outfit his big boy jet to accommodate his Bentley or Rolls. In that way, he doesn't have to stoop to renting a Ford or Chevy when he arrives to wherever he's going.

I understand his net worth is around $27 million. Not bad for a man who has learned how to fleece the flock and live high on the hog. Perhaps it's time for him to sell all that he has and give to the poor. In that way when he gets to heaven he'll have some treasure waiting for him. Then again he could sow his $20+ million and reap a 30, 60 or a 100-fold increase and be well on his way to becoming a billionaire.

Incidentally this principle will work for all televangelists that preach the seed faith message. I just don't understand why it only applies to us givers and not the receivers.

As for me, I'm happy flying in coach; it sure beats walking!

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/48972-leonard-ravenhill-s-son-has-an-idea-for-how-creflo-dollar-can-get-a-65m-private-jet
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 07:48:54 pm »

Creflo Dollar Says There is No Such Thing as the Prosperity Gospel

Creflo Dollar, the televangelist who was recently criticized for asking supporters to fund the purchase of a $65 million private jet, has said that there is no such thing as the prosperity gospel.

Speaking on the show “Your World with Creflo,” the evangelist said that money belongs to God, not man.

“There is no such thing as the prosperity gospel. It’s the gospel of grace...The money in my pocket is not mine, it’s God’s,” Dollar said.

“He is the source behind everything we have that is good. He loves to be trusted. He loves to be the one that you lean on. He loves to be the one you rely on. And he wants to be the one you lean on and rely on first.”

As previously reported, Dollar asked 200,000 supporters to donate $300 each to buy a $65 million private jet for use in ministry. The evangelist went under fire for the campaign, which was later canceled.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/creflo-dollar-says-there-is-no-such-thing-as-the-prosperity-gospel.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 01:15:42 pm »

Creflo Dollar Slams Critics: 'If I Want to Believe God for a $65 Million Plane, You Cannot Stop Me'

After coming under heavy criticism for asking the public for $65 million dollars to purchase a luxury airplane for his ministry last month, popular televangelist and founder of World Changers Church International Creflo Dollar responded in spectacular defiance in a recent message to his church declaring: "If I want to believe God for a $65 million plane, you cannot stop me."

"Let me tell you something about believing God — I can dream as long as I want to. I can believe God as long as I want to. If I want to believe God for a $65 million plane, you cannot stop me. You cannot stop me from dreaming," he said in a clip of the message posted on YouTube showing his congregants rising to their feet and cheering in approval.

"You cannot stop me from dreaming. I'm gon' dream until Jesus comes. And here's another thing I want you to understand. … If they discover life on Mars, if you think a $65 million plane was too much, if they discover that there's life on Mars, they gon' need to hear the Gospel and I'm gon' have to believe God for a billion dollar space shuttle because we got to preach the Gospel on Mars," he said.

"I dare you to tell me I can't dream. I dare you to tell me that I can't believe God. If I find Jesus, I'm gonna look at Jesus until it comes to pass, because with God all things are possible to him that believe. And so, I say to you, dream on. Dream on baby, don't dream on what you can have, dream about what the devil says you can't have. Dream for the best. Dream for the best healing. Dream for the best deliverance, dream for the best house. Dream for the best car, just 'cause the world don't have it doesn't mean you can't have it. You are the children of the Almighty God. Dream, dream," he told his adoring congregants.

Dollar explained earlier in the message that he felt led by the Spirit of God to address the issue of the plane and other rumors circulating about his life because his critics are determined to discredit his voice and his ministry.

"I wouldn't say this except the Spirit of God led me to say it. Now you see why the devil tried so aggressively to discredit my voice. I'm on my sabbatical and the enemy is trying to discredit me. Heck, I found out this past week I was supposed to be in jail for stealing the tithes," he said as his congregation laughed.

"And therefore yesterday they were transferring me from one county to the other one. I sure wished somebody woulda told me. Found out my real name is not Creflo Dollar. You know what it is? It's Michael Smith," he said, addressing a number of online rumors.

"Found out that none of y'all can ever get in the dome unless you show your W-2 form. What you say? Are you listening to what I'm saying? The enemy has got to discredit the voices of faith and grace and truth because he don't want you to know that you can walk on the water if you can look at Jesus. I've got to discredit that man before he starts showing people Jesus," he continued.

He explained that he never once ask any member of his congregation to donate to the $65 million airplane fund because he has three million donors around the world who contribute to his ministry and people have been giving to help him get a new Jet for his ministry. The Christian Post had contacted his ministry earlier to find out how much money was collected but we received no response. Dollar's team also repeatedly promised that the televangelist would sit with this reporter to address public concerns about his ministry but apparently the Lord apparently had another plan.

"We are in the midst of a great fight. The enemy like he always have is trying to stop the preaching of Jesus and we're not gonna stop. I never one time, you can attest to it. I never one time came to you for a dime and asked you for an airplane did I?" Dollar asked his congregants.

He then mocked headlines highlighting the request roundly declared sheer extravagance by the general public.

"'Creflo Dollar asking his members for $65 million, I ain't never asked you for a dime. We've got over $3 million partners around the world, three million donors around the world who support the ministry so I can get to where they are. I had a man from the Middle East to send a letter to say they cut off my relative's head. We need you in the Middle East, here's a check right here for that plane," said Dollar.

"You understand what I'm saying? You cannot stop and you cannot curse what God has blessed. Are you listening to me? Half the people that are commenting of the Internet don't even know me. They don't know this ministry. They don't know what we do. That's why they ask the question 'What does a preacher need with an airplane? If you knew what we did then you wouldn't ask that question but you don't know what we do," he ended in the clip.

WATCH THE CREFLO DOLLAR'S COMPLETE REACTION BELOW:

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/creflo-dollar-slams-critics-if-i-want-to-believe-god-for-a-65-million-plane-you-cannot-stop-me-138010/#ZDJZyKmLqPEulYQq.99
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 06:31:53 pm »

Prosperity Preacher PIMP Creflo give me aDollar to Get Coveted $70 Million Dollar Jet

Prosperity Preacher Creflo Dollar’s recent pleas for money to buy himself a mega-million dollar jet are no longer needed since his ministry’s board has now agreed to buy him one.

Dollar, whose teachings state that God wants all Christians to be prosperous and that material wealth is a sign of God’s favor, will get the coveted jet after the board of directors for his nonprofit organization known as “World Changers Church International” approved the purchase.

“A long-range, high-speed, intercontinental jet aircraft is a tool that is necessary in order to fulfill the mission of the ministry,” the board said in a statement. “We plan to acquire a Gulfstream G650 because it is the best, and it is a reflection of the level of excellence at which this organization chooses to operate.”

The estimated cost of the jet the board has agreed to purchase is reportedly around $70 million dollars.

“Let me tell you something about believing God. I can dream as long as I want to. I can believe God as long as I want to,” Dollar stated in a video posted to YouTube not affiliated with him. “If I want to believe God for a $65 million plane, you cannot stop me. You cannot stop me from dreaming.”

As previously reported, staff World Changers Church International in College Park, Ga. had posted an online plead on the organization’s website last month as Dollar asked for 200,000 people to donate $300 dollars each so that he could purchase a new G650 airplane.

Dollar explained that his current 1984 jet, which he purchased in 1999, experienced engine failure in London on a recent trip to Australia. He said that the plane is grounded and is in need of being replaced.

Connect with Christian News

“The plane is not so Creflo Dollar can get on by himself and fly,” public relations representative Juda Engelmayer told the Christian Post. “They take a ministry team of 10 to 15 people with them. They take thousands of pounds of food and provisions with them when they go around the world. If he’s coming to the New York church, he’ll hop on a Delta flight. If he’s taking 12 people plus 100,000 pounds of food, it’s not that simple.”

But as word broke about the project, some still expressed dismay as to why Dollar, who leads a 30,000-member megachurch and lives in a million dollar home, needs such an expensive aircraft, which is reportedly sought out by billionaires. David Graham, Global Express aircraft captain with Advanced Air Management, told the publication that Engelmayer’s claims don’t add up.

“[The aircraft] cannot carry 12 people and 100,000 pounds of food and supplies,” he said.

Dollar’s staff removed the online plea from the World Changers website following negative public reaction and said that the televangelist would be flying commercial while the campaign was being reassessed. However, in a recent message delivered to his congregation, Dollar appeared determined to purchase the jet despite opposition.

“You cannot stop me from dreaming. I’m going to dream until Jesus comes,” he said as his congregation stood to their feet and broke out into cheers. “And here’s another thing I want you to understand: … If they discover life on Mars—if you think a $65 million plane was too much—if they discover that there’s life on Mars, they’re going to need to hear the gospel and I’m going have to believe God for a billion dollar space shuttle because we got to preach the gospel on Mars.”

Dollar urged those gathered to likewise “dream big.”

“I dare you to tell me I can’t dream. I dare you to tell me that I can’t believe God,” he said. “Dream on, baby. Don’t dream on what you can have, dream about what the devil says you can’t have. Dream for the best. Dream for the best healing. Dream for the best deliverance. Dream for the best house. Dream for the best car. Just ’cause the world don’t have it, doesn’t mean you can’t have it.”

Dollar, who has drawn criticism for years over his prosperity preaching and video clips showing the televangelist dancing in tithes with “money cometh” preacher Leroy Thompson, told his congregation that he believes God is on his side and that the effort is therefore unstoppable.

“You cannot stop and you cannot curse what God has blessed,” he asserted. “Half the people that are commenting on the Internet don’t even know me. They don’t know this ministry. They don’t know what we do. That’s why they ask the question, ‘What does a preacher need with an airplane?’ If you knew what we did then you wouldn’t ask that question. But you don’t know what we do.”

“The early Church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the Church is married to prosperity, personality and popularity,” the late preacher Leonard Ravenhill once stated.

http://christiannews.net/2015/06/06/prosperity-preacher-creflo-dollar-to-get-coveted-70-million-dollar-jet/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: