End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 04:54:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Eddie Long takes the easy way out

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eddie Long takes the easy way out  (Read 4254 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 07:46:28 pm »

This guy actually has a SCHOOL?! Seriously, I wonder what curriculum he's putting forth to his kids...maybe some rap music here and there...

I believe he was teaching the young boys something else entirely.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 10:59:05 am »

im just at a lost for words...  Shocked

Bishop Eddie Long Crowned King in Ritualistic Jewish Ceremony

Bishop Eddie Long has been crowned king of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church.

Rabbi Ralph Messer dubbed the scandalized megachurch pastor a king during a televised broadcast on Sunday. A YouTube video of the event is spreading rapidly over the Internet

Messer heads Simchat Tora Beit Midrash (STBM) and was one of the speakers at Long’s Economic Empowerment Summit. STBM describes itself as a “congregation and school facilitating inter-faith discussions between various groups, cultures and denominations worldwide.”

“He’s a king. God’s blessed him. He’s a humble man. But in him is kingship. In him is royalty,” Messer proclaimed over Long. “In him was a land of Israel. In him was a k chromosome … he was brought through the slaves, raised up in a city and God now wants to release a new anointing.”

Messer then instructed Long to look at an original scroll from Israel. Messer and two other men wrapped the scroll around Long as the New Birth crowd cheered with a approval.

The ritualistic ceremony continued as Long was presented with a "belt of justice and blessing" and "a constitution of God as a king." Four men then lifted the seated Long up and carried him around the platform as Hebrew songs played in the background.

You can watch the video below:

http://www.charismanews.com/us/32760-bishop-eddie-long-crowned-king-in-ritualistic-jewish-ceremony
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 02:36:22 pm »

"Have ye not cast out the priests of the LORD, the sons of Aaron, and the Levites, and have made you priests after the manner of the nations of [other] lands? so that whosoever cometh to consecrate himself with a young bullock and seven rams, [the same] may be a priest of [them that are] no gods." 2 Chronicles13:9 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 02:48:20 pm »

Next thing they know they'll be doing a crowning ceremony for the antichrist, albeit without knowing what they're doing. They're gonna be in for a BIG surprise when all is said and done.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 02:56:03 pm »

have either of you ever heard of this before? or what it was or signifies?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 03:28:28 pm »

Well yeah, no, not saying we're witnessing the 2nd The 2 prophecy coming out(ie-the appearance of the AC), but like you said, we've NEVER seen or heard something like this before, ever.

If Long's pews get deceived by something like THIS, just imagine how much they'll fall for the counterfeit-christ when all is said and done.

Either way, this is very bizarre, it's not like they're doing this with Billy Graham, or Obama for that matter.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 10:56:55 pm »

Thoughts as I was watching the video:

“New Birth” Church

Invokes a curse on those “who would speak against Eddie Long”.

“…for a time such as this.”

Mentions of “God”, “the Lord”, but no Jesus.

Interesting symbolism on the floor.

LOTS of pomp…reminds me of some sort of mason ceremony.

Rainbow Crowning Ceremony by Masons
http://www.nwrainbow.org/3waidrainbow/forms/ceremonies/Ceremony%20-%20Crowning%20by%20Masons.pdf

Gay man gets lifted up as “king”.

The birth of the sodomite takeover of the Baptist church.

Jesus isn’t there.

What’s the difference between this organization and the US government with its Barney Franks and czars?

After reading this thread, I get the impression that Long is definitely being shielded by TPTB.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:59:40 pm by tennis shoe » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2012, 02:43:49 am »

Eddie Long is the next Martin Luther King? Maybe they want to use him to help their agendas.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 10:31:11 am »

No, can't say that I have Mark. But then the african-american congregations tend to be more dramatic and animated, so not a surprise really.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 03:56:13 pm »

Bishop Eddie Long, Rabbi Messer Apologize for Offensive ‘King’ Ceremony

Bishop Eddie Long has apologized for a bizarre ceremony in late January in which a Messianic rabbi crowned him as “king.”

"The ceremony was not my suggestion, nor was it my intent, to participate in any ritual that is offensive in any manner to the Jewish community," Long wrote in a letter sent Saturday to Bill Nigut, southeast regional director of the Anti-Defamation League, according to a report in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The ritualistic service was posted on YouTube and went viral. More than 650,000 people have viewed the video, which sparked an outrage among Christians and Jews alike.

During the ceremony, Rabbi Ralph Messer dubbed the scandalized megachurch pastor a king, wrapped him in a scroll, and presented him with a “belt of justice and blessing” and “a constitution of God as king.” Four men then lifted up the seated Long and carried him around the platform as Hebrew songs played in the background.

In his letter to the Anti-Defamation League Long denounced any action that depicts him as a king and said he was only a servant of the Lord. Nigut told the Journal-Constitution that he accepted Long’s apology.

"For the ADL it's a real wake-up call that a lot of people do not understand our liturgies and practices," Nigut said. "Guys like Messer are troubling to us because they appropriate real ritual or, in this case, make one up."

The backlash against Messer, who heads Simchat Tora Beit Midrash and was one of the speakers at Long’s Economic Empowerment Summit, is coming from many sides.

"Messer is not recognized by any major branch of Messianic Judaism and, under the standards of the UMJC and the MJAA, is not even considered part of our community, let alone a rabbi,” said a joint statement from the Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations and the Messianic Jewish Alliance of America. “He is operating entirely outside the mainstream Messianic Jewish community.”

But Messer is defending himself and the controversial ceremony. In a video response, he said he wasn’t trying to offend anyone by using the Torah scroll. He apologized to the Jewish community for any offense. He also showed the ceremony in its entirety.

“I was invited [to New Birth] to teach the Hebrew roots of the Christian faith and the Torah to New Birth and their community at large,” Messer says, noting that his goal was to encourage a community of believers that had been extremely discouraged, as well as to encourage Long who he said “has been through a major test in the last three years.” He said their goal was “to restore and lift and encourage a man.”

http://www.charismanews.com/us/32782-bishop-eddie-long-rabbi-messer-apologize-for-offensive-king-ceremony
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 04:35:49 pm »

Cheesy Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

"Messer is not recognized by any major branch of Messianic Judaism and, under the standards of the UMJC and the MJAA, is not even considered part of our community, let alone a rabbi,” said a joint statement from the Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations and the Messianic Jewish Alliance of America. “He is operating entirely outside the mainstream Messianic Jewish community.”
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2012, 05:40:39 am »

Bishop Eddie Long apologizes to Jewish group after Torah ceremony

But not God....

Bishop Eddie Long has apologized to the Anti-Defamation League over an incident in which he was wrapped in a Torah scroll and crowned "king."

As shown in a video that went viral, the televangelist was wrapped in a "Holocaust Torah" and crowned king during a recent ceremony at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, his suburban Atlanta congregation.

"The ceremony was not my suggestion, nor was it my intent, to participate in any ritual that is offensive in any manner to the Jewish community, or any group. Furthermore, I sincerely denounce any action that depicts me as a King, for I am merely just a servant of the Lord," Long wrote in a letter dated Saturday.

The letter was addressed to Bill Nigut, southeast regional director of the Anti-Defamation League -- a Jewish group that fights anti-Semitism.

But you went along with it all the same. Looked like you were having a good time at it too. This **** isnt sorry, hes sorry they got caught, but he isnt sorry they did this, what ever it was.

He said during the ceremony that the Torah was a "priceless" 312-year-old scroll that had been recovered from the Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II. He said he wanted to honor Long "on behalf of Jewish people, and the land of Israel."

That bothers me also. What was the point of making this up? Why use a 312 year old scroll, doubtful its that old, but to link it to a concentration camp? that makes no sence.

rest : http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/05/us/georgia-eddie-long-apology/?hpt=hp_t3
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2012, 02:24:38 pm »

Clearly he's of the world, and therefore it's no surprise he's doing worldly things and bowing to worldly hate groups, all in an effort to paint Christianity in a bad way. They let the guy act up, it's good for the media! These people I see as no different that a singer on stage, or an actor in a play. It's all a fasade, false, incorrect, heresey. You can't make rhyme or reason out of this stuff as there is no reason to it being so doctrinally off track.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2012, 02:29:31 pm »

Phoney Rabbis, Lost Discernment and the Eddie Long Disaster

Question of the week: What should you do when a megachurch pastor is accused of serious financial and/or sexual misconduct?

A.  Ask the pastor to step down so he or she can receive ministry, and then conduct a thorough investigation.
B.  Flatly deny all allegations and wait until the storm blows over.
C.  Use church funds to pay off the people who made the sex abuse accusations.
D.  Ask a guest preacher to call the pastor to the stage, wrap him in a 312-year-old Torah scroll and ask an “expert” in Old Testament language to declare him a “king” so he can be exonerated of all wrongdoing.

Until Jan. 29, when Bishop Eddie Long of Atlanta was coronated on the stage of New Birth Baptist Church in front of thousands of his congregants, I would never have dreamed of option D in the list above. I thought I had seen it all. Yet the odd ritual (I hesitate to call it a “Jewish ceremony”) performed by Denver minister Ralph Messer is now officially the most bizarre religious video ever posted on YouTube. (If you are one of the 16 people in the world who have never seen it, click here.)

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/32794-phoney-rabbis-lost-discernment-and-the-eddie-long-disaster?utm
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2012, 03:20:37 pm »

Phoney Rabbis, Lost Discernment and the Eddie Long Disaster

Question of the week: What should you do when a megachurch pastor is accused of serious financial and/or sexual misconduct?

A.  Ask the pastor to step down so he or she can receive ministry, and then conduct a thorough investigation.
B.  Flatly deny all allegations and wait until the storm blows over.
C.  Use church funds to pay off the people who made the sex abuse accusations.
D.  Ask a guest preacher to call the pastor to the stage, wrap him in a 312-year-old Torah scroll and ask an “expert” in Old Testament language to declare him a “king” so he can be exonerated of all wrongdoing.

Until Jan. 29, when Bishop Eddie Long of Atlanta was coronated on the stage of New Birth Baptist Church in front of thousands of his congregants, I would never have dreamed of option D in the list above. I thought I had seen it all. Yet the odd ritual (I hesitate to call it a “Jewish ceremony”) performed by Denver minister Ralph Messer is now officially the most bizarre religious video ever posted on YouTube. (If you are one of the 16 people in the world who have never seen it, click here.)

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/32794-phoney-rabbis-lost-discernment-and-the-eddie-long-disaster?utm

It was mentioned in another thread that this same Ralph Messer guy also attended a Paul White event? Notice how he's from DENVER(which has the NWO airport with underground bases).

Anyhow, not trying to downplay what Long did, but overall it just seems there's NO discernment or accountabilty in the modern-day church. In my previous church, my pastor there would hang out with leaders of other religious faiths(yes, the pagan ones) during the week, and he also admitted that he would fellowship with Gov. Bobby Jindal(who's a Roman Catholic) b/c supposedly they "shared the same faith". But nonetheless, even people like the seminary President would go as far as putting him up on a pedestial.

And pretty much pastors at your 501c3 churches, 99% of them, would drive nice cars and are given free housing while the pews would struggle just to make a living.

Again, I'm not downplaying what Long did, but pretty much what we see out of Long is really no different from what we're seeing out of the modern-day church - no accountability, the pastors can't do any wrong even though they do too much of it under our noses, etc, etc. They profess Christ's name, but in works they deny Him, as it's abominable to the Lord.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 04:03:31 pm »

You know BA, I really think it has to do with the overall world mentality, which is the UN charters for rights and UN rules that don't allow discrimination, thus those people to get along witht he world are rewuired to not "discriminate", even though scripture tells us God is not a respecter of persons and we shouldn't be either. What did Jesus say they left out? Wasn't it judgement, mercy, and faith?

They are of the world, and want to participate and be accepted in "society" as "good and charitable" people, and they want worldly things such as material items and that takes cash, and so the love of money drives them to compromise in order to "pay the bills".

Amen, "...but in works they deny Him..."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 11:48:57 am »

'Rabbi' Messer Crowns Eddie Long King: A Messianic Response

Note: I am reluctantly writing this blog. After I initially saw this video, I felt it wasn’t even worth commenting on. However, it appears that in just a few hours this video has gone viral and affected not just the body of believers, but the Jewish world as well. As a Messianic Jew, I feel compelled to make it clear both to the Church world and the Jewish community that this man is not a part of mainstream Messianic Judaism.

Just days after I wrote an article about unity, saying that the only time we should publicly call out ministers is in cases of moral failure, false teaching and apostasy, I find myself needing to do just that.

When I saw the YouTube video of self-proclaimed Messianic Rabbi Ralph Messer declaring the soon-to-be divorced and accused **** Eddie Long (Long settled out of court for a reported $15,000,000), to be a king, I felt sick to my stomach. I sat there stunned, as this man desecrated a Torah scroll, one that survived the Holocaust no less (if he is to be believed) and committed one of the most offensive acts toward Jews by a so-called believer that I have seen in my lifetime.

In the video (click here to watch) Messer spews out a number of, what I believe to be, myths that the unsuspecting crowd has no reason to doubt.

The covering or mantle of the Torah is called the Foreskin—FALSE: Not only is this disgusting, it is not true. No Jewish organization refers to the Torah covering in this way.
A brand new scroll starts at $60,000—FALSE: A Torah can be purchased at $20,000. $60,000 would be the most, not the least someone would pay.
Thirty-nine lambskins are used to make a Torah—FALSE: As many as 80 skins are used, depending on the need. And more often than not, they use cows, not lambs—more real estate on a cow.
Thirty-nine seams (a seam is one piece of skin in which 3 or 4 columns of text appear) are in a Torah (seeking to make a connection to Yeshua’s flogging)—FALSE: Between 62 and 84 seams are needed.
Jews touch the Torah with their finger—FALSE: Because of the oils on the fingers and the sanctity of the Torah, a special pointing device called a Yad (Hebrew for hand, not finger) is used to read the Torah.
90 percent of Jews in the world have never seen, come close to or touched a [Torah] scroll—RIDICULOUSLY FALSE: Every girl or boy who has a Bar or Bat mitzvah reads directly from a Torah scroll, not to mention that a Torah is marched throughout a synagogue every week for every person to touch (the outer covering, not the parchment).
Only one of great authority can read from the Torah—FALSE: Again, tens of thousands of Jewish boys and girls read from the Torah every year during their Bar and Bat Mitzvahs and they do not possess great authority. In addition, anyone from the congregation may be invited to read from the Torah throughout the year.
It takes three and half years to write a Torah scroll (seeking to make a connection between Yeshua’s three and a half years of ministry)—FALSE: It actually takes about one year or 2,000 hours. Someone working just over 6 hours a day would finish the scroll in year or so.
Torahs are only given to cities that need to be released into a new anointing—UNBELIEVABLY FALSE: Almost every synagogue and Messianic synagogue in every city has a Torah scroll. There is no scriptural precedent for this—zero. Then Messer, based on his Israeli citizenship (assuming he really has it) and his Jewishness (assuming he is really Jewish), gives the Torah on behalf of the Jewish people to Eddie Long, most of who would cringe at his utter disregard for the Torah scroll. In order to give something to someone on behalf of others, you must be sent out as a representative. An ambassador might give something on behalf of his nation. But someone who not only does not represent the Jewish people, but doesn’t represent the Messianic community, has zero apostolic authority to make such a pronouncement—at least in my understanding of authority. Rabbi David Shiff, a legitimate Messianic leader in Atlanta, said, “Ralph Messer in no way represents Messianic Judaism. He is not affiliated with any legitimate branch of Messianic Judaism. His actions in no way reflect the position of Messianic Judaism. I found the presentation to be repulsive and inappropriate.”
Messer claims that the kings of Israel were physically wrapped in the Torah—FALSE: There is no text in the Hebrew Scriptures that speak to this.
The idea that New Testament leaders are exalted as kings goes against the biblical portrayal of New Testament leaders as servants. Yeshua, who is a king, bent down to wash the feet of his disciples. He who wants to be great must became the very least.

He claims that after the king goes through the ceremony he cannot be attacked and he is hidden in the Word of God. Any believer can take hold of God’s Word, not just kings who go through special made-up ceremonies.

Next a woman brings a Tallit (prayer shawl), allowing it to drag on the floor. In Judaism not only would one go to great lengths to keep a Tallit from touching the floor, it is only worn by Jewish men who have been Bar Mitzvahed. Placing one on a non-Jew, and then declaring him a Jewish priest (Kohen) and a king, will only serve to offend the Jewish people and make us look like fools.

Messer then declares that Long is a king. If I put all my reservations aside about anyone being called a King (apart from the idea that we are all kings and priests) and just focus on the fact that Eddie Long just settled out of court four lawsuits from young men who said he coerced them into having underage sex with him. I would conclude that there is probably a more qualified candidate for the position. I am sure there are many fine leaders in Atlanta whose marriages are intact and have not been accused of sexual crimes. Why Long? I would think that someone whose wife has just left him would be seeking counseling, not coronation.

This was not the first time Ralph Messer showed up to support an embattled bishop. When a megachurch pastor and his wife decided to get divorced in 2007, Messer was there to affirm the pastor. In a situation where most pastors would be inclined to at least take a break from ministry, as having your home in order is a qualification for eldership, Messer encouraged this pastor ‘prophetically’ (who resigned not long afterwards due to health concerns) to keep going.

On the day that this leader announced that he and his wife were splitting, Messer took a Tallit and placed it over the soon-to-be-divorced pastor and said, “I declare today that my bishop has entered into a new season, a new season, a new season.” While technically I guess that was true—he was entering a new season—Messer meant it as an affirmation of his ministry.

I don’t know Ralph Messer and it is not my place to judge the motives of his heart, but I do find it troubling that he is doing these acts while claiming to be a Messianic rabbi. His actions reflect poorly on the Messianic community who is seeking to be a positive witness to the fact that you can be Jewish and believe in Yeshua.

While it is not my place to declare him a false prophet or a false teacher, I feel confident saying that which I witnessed in the YouTube video was false teaching and false prophecy, at least in my opinion.

Messianic Jews have spent the last half-century contending for the Messianic faith and in one day, a YouTube video that has gone viral, is seeking to discredit us. Let’s pray that somehow God will turn this for good and that Messianic Jews will have an opportunity to share the true Messianic faith.

Without a doubt someone will read this and say, “Ron, God is merciful. He can forgive Eddie Long.” Friends, I agree. However this is not an issue of mercy or forgiveness, but holding up biblical standards for leadership. Leadership is a privilege, not a right. Long receiving forgiveness is one thing. Being declared a king in front of millions of people is another.

Too often, fallen leaders are indignant at being disqualified. Of course they can be restored to God, but it takes time before they will be ready to lead again and more importantly, before the people of God will be ready to trust them again.

And speaking of mercy, my heart immediately goes to the alleged victims of Bishop Long. I cannot imagine how they felt seeing the man who (allegedly) coerced them into homosexual relations, being honored as a king.

As far as Messer is concerned, anyone who has a habit of showing on the doorstep of disgraced ministers with huge platforms, worries me. However this time it appears his folly may have caught up with him. Despite the overwhelming support he received during the service from the crowd who assumed that he was speaking truth, his actions have been condemned by the Messianic community and many in the African-American community.

As I said, I reluctantly wrote this because I don’t think that one should publicly rebuke someone lightly. However I am at peace with my words; this needed to be confronted. I am sure that many others, smarter and more eloquent than myself, will feel the need to do the same.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/32802-rabbi-messer-crowns-eddie-long-king-a-messianic-response?utm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 12:03:14 pm »

Ya know, i dont know how people could follow Eddie Long and his odd ball group of friends before this happened. BUT to still follow him after this, not to mention hes a gay ped0phile, but this odd ceremony by this really weird Messer guy, well you are with out excuse.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:09:39 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2012, 02:56:37 pm »

Line between megachurch and Eddie Long's estate is blurry

Or.. what a lying thief fraud...

Bishop Eddie Long has been under fire for more than a year. He's been embroiled in at least eight lawsuits, was investigated by Congress and he lives a lavish lifestyle that has drawn admiration and criticism.

Still, in the past few months Long's financial empire has shown signs of weakness. Now with his megachurch showing financial strain and his wife filing for divorce, Long's finances are under the microscope.

Long became pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in DeKalb County in 1987. Since then, the church has grown into a mega-church with thousands of members and was once worth nearly $100 million. Channel 2's Jodie Fleischer started looking into Long's assets more than six months ago. She found very little paperwork because the church and its dozens of affiliated companies file very few public documents.

Long drives a Bentley, lives in a million-dollar home and has owned Gulfstream jets. Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley led a congressional investigation into lavish lifestyles at six ministries, including Long's. He looked into congregation members giving cash "love offerings" to the bishop on top of their tithes.

"There's nothing wrong with anybody being wealthy," Grassley said. "It's how have you gotten there?"

In June, Long told his congregation that New Birth is audited every year, but he refused Channel 2's requests to provide copies. Fleischer also reached out to a half-dozen church members and staff, and none said they had ever seen an audit.

"Anytime anybody running the church doesn't want the information made available to everybody that's a member of the church, that ought to raise a red flag," said Grassley.

rest of all of his crimes: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/line-between-megachurch-and-eddie-longs-estate-blu/nHX6S/?utm
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2012, 03:05:40 pm »

"the love of money..."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2012, 03:37:53 pm »

"the love of money..."

OR...

Joh 5:42  But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
Joh 5:43  I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44  How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 07:36:54 am »

Former New Birth members sue Bishop Eddie Long

Bishop Eddie Long has been sued by former New Birth Missionary Baptist members who say the megachurch pastor encouraged them to invest money with a company despite being told the investor was running a $3 million capital deficit.

The suit, filed late last month in DeKalb County state court, alleges Long’s assistant had been warned by an unidentified caller that Ephren W. Taylor was not to be trusted nearly two weeks before the self-professed “social capitalist” held a series of financial seminars in October 2009 at the Lithonia church.

New Birth, Long and Taylor are all named in the suit filed by 12 former church members who say they lost more than $1 million dollars in the alleged Ponzi scheme.

“If Bishop Eddie Long hadn’t endorsed this they wouldn’t have invested,” plaintiffs attorney Jason Doss said.

According to the lawsuit, Long did not invest himself, but urged his parishioners to invest with Taylor, who he introduced as his “friend (and) brother” prior to his pitch before the church.

Church spokesman Art Franklin said in a statement that Long “remain(s) hopeful that Ephren Taylor and companies related to him restore the funds that were taken from congregants at New Birth and churches around the county. We continue to cooperate as the case proceeds.”

The statement does not address the warning about Taylor, uncovered during the discovery process. The church turned over an internal memo detailing the call to Long’s assistant, who was told by the unidentified informer he “did not want the church to be taken advantage of.”

Taylor, the caller said, will issue promissory notes to the congregation which gives him legal authorization to do as he pleases. “There will be no return on investment,” the memo stated.

The former church members allege that’s just what happened. Taylor, they say, issued a promissory note informing them he was investing their money in real estate, guaranteeing a 20 percent return.

“That was my everything, and that’s it, it’s gone,” plaintiff Lillian Wells told Channel 2 Action News. Wells said she invested $122,000 with Taylor, who claimed to be a self-made millionaire by the time he turned 16.

The Securities and Exchange Commission has a civil case pending against Taylor, who’s alleged to have targeted more than 1,000 investors, mostly church members. He’s accused of diverting hundreds of thousands of dollars for personal expenses and to fund his wife’s singing career.

“These are good, Christian, hard-working people who saved their whole lives, ” said attorney Cathy Lerman, who represents the plaintiffs in a class-action lawsuit.

Taylor has never been criminally charged.

The suit filed in DeKalb state court marks the second time in three years Long has been sued by former members. In May 2011, he reached a settlement with four young men who had alleged sexual coercion. Financial terms were not disclosed.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/former-new-birth-members-sue-bishop-eddie-long/nWL6m/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2014, 08:18:22 am »

Bishop Eddie Long Settles With Former Church Members Who Lost $1 Million

Members of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Ga., who lost close to $1 million collectively in a Ponzi scheme have recouped some of that money in a civil suit involving Bishop Eddie Long and Ephren Taylor.

Though Taylor and Long have not admitted to any wrongdoing, they reached a confidential settlement with 13 former members of Long’s megachurch, reports MyFoxAtlanta.com.

“I somewhat blame New Birth, because when this happened, instead of really showing us love, we were kind of looked at as outcasts,” one of the victims who has recouped his money, J.B. Bailey, told Fox’s I-team.

Long, who allegedly received compensation for allowing Taylor to present his “investment opportunities,” introduced Taylor to the congregation as his “friend” and “brother” during a financial seminar in October 2009.

“Bishop Long really did not guard his flock the way he should have,” says Quentin Seay, one of the attorneys representing the investors.

Seay says the turning point in the case was when they discovered an internal memo written to Long by an employee about an unidentified caller who had attended Taylor’s seminars and “did not want the church to be taken advantage of."

“Bishop Long was given a very explicit warning,” Seay explains. “Basically, he was told exactly what was going to happen, and it materialized.”

Long released a YouTube video apology when the scandal first broke but has not commented on the settlement.

“I’m not mad at Bishop Long, just a little disappointed,” says Bailey, who says a book on spiritual abuse has helped him through the ordeal.

Bailey says his reason for speaking out “is to help others to see that they don’t need to become victimized.”

I-team reporter Dale Russell says a spokesperson for Long sent him an email saying, “This matter has been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of all those involved.”

In a 2012 lawsuit with the Securities Exchange Commission, a judge ordered $1.4 million to be repaid. The SEC claimed that Taylor raised around $11 million between 2008 and 2010, using the money to pay off other investors and cover personal expenses.

Taylor was last seen in Lenexa, Kan., in August, ABC News reported.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/42719-bishop-eddie-long-settles-with-former-church-members-who-lost-1-million
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2014, 11:50:18 am »

“Bishop Long really did not guard his flock the way he should have,” says Quentin Seay, one of the attorneys representing the investors.

The same is said for 99% of pastors of churches in American in this country - arrogant, cold-hearted, anti-social, doctrinally-errored, and money-greedy. Hate to say it, but while these pastors may not be as bad as Long, nonetheless they are no different than him in many ways.

Can't tell you how many times pastors I've crossed paths with would manipulate you in many crafty ways to put your hard-earned money in the offering plates. And ultimately, while the largely working middle class pews are working hard during the week to barely making ends meet(financially) and living by faith, these pastors are the ones having fun.

But ultimately, they end up getting away with it b/c we are told to "not to judge".
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2016, 08:56:32 pm »

Megachurch Pastor Eddie Long Hospitalized with Serious Illness

Bishop Eddie Long, of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Georgia, has reportedly been hospitalized with a grave illness.

The pastor is suffering from an unspecified stage 4 gastro-intestinal cancer, said William McCray III, the founder of Obnoxioustv’s blog, who says a close friend of the bishop told him.

"Recently, while out to dinner with some prominent minister friends a person approached our table and specifically want to speak to Sir William, (sic) in a very humble and politely asked if they could have seat. We said sure and the source went on to share they were a member of New Birth and choose to stay through the scandal. The source shared their name and shared they were very close to Bishop Long and asked if Obnoxious Media would take it easy on bishop due to his having cancer," McCray said.

"After a couple of phone calls and text messages it was confirmed this was a very reliable source. They explained that Bishop Long has cancer in his digestive system and it was discovered in the 4th stage and he literally has months to live," the report added.

The Christian Post reached out to New Birth Missionary Baptist Church this week for comment, but the church was not open Monday.

Stage 4 cancer is when the cancer has spread to other organs of the body.

"Bishop Long has been admitted to an Atlanta hospital this week where he has been since Monday and not yet discharged," McCray said. "The Reliable Source went on to say the doctors have give Bishop Long up and (sic) their is nothing they can do, but try to make him comfortable. Although, Bishop Long is not willing to accept that he is ill and quoting the scripture that life and death lies in the power of the tongue."

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/megachurch-pastor-eddie-long-hospitalized-with-serious-illness.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2017, 04:39:03 pm »

Bishop Eddie Long Dead at 63

New Birth Missionary Baptist Church pastor Bishop Eddie Long died January 15, 2017, after a battle with an aggressive form of cancer. He was 63.

In an official statement from the church, acquired by WGCL in Atlanta, First Lady Elder Vanessa Long, Bishop Long's wife, said, "I am confident through my belief in God that my husband is now resting in a better place. Although his transition leaves a void for those of us who loved him dearly, we can celebrate and be happy for him, knowing he's at peace."

Long reportedly struggled with health issues for much of 2016. In August, a video clip appeared with a slimmed-down Long who told the camera he was on "God's medication."

"No medications. I'm on the medication that God gave to feed your immune system, to build you up, because you know what? If you really want to move through this world and have influence, you gotta be spiritual, you gotta walk by His commandments and you know you have to be healthy. You know the Bible says, 'Behold I want you to be in health,' and the prosperity and all of that, and so I want to be in good health because I know God's given me something for me, for the church, for the kingdom and He's given you something," Long said.

But later that year, Long was hospitalized for a mystery illness, which some claimed was cancer.

"I am recovering from a health challenge that I trust God to deliver me from. It is unrelated to the eating for life diet consisting of mostly raw vegetables that I am continuing, as part of a holistic approach to good health," Long said in a statement at the time.

Long was born in Georgia in 1953 and stepped into the pastoral role at New Birth in 1987. According to his biography, membership flourished to 25,000 under the bishop.

The pastor was involved in a handful of scandals that ranged from a Ponzi scheme to sexual allegations.

Long took a leave of absence from New Birth in 2011 before returning in the new year in 2012.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/62407-bishop-eddie-long-dead-at-63
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2017, 11:28:28 am »

This is very sad, really - we can go on and on how Long works for the Jesuits, Freemasons, or what not - but bottom line, we ALL only have ONE SHOT in this life, ONE. Not only to get saved, but to strive to preach and live in holiness, righteousness, etc, and train up the next generation of children to do so.

We can also go on and on about FEMA Camps, Martial Law takeover of this country, 501c3 churches, and what not - but bottom line, the lusts of the flesh and eyes, and the distractions of this life of non-essential things are THE BIGGEST spiritual warfares from Satan and his minions. Yes, I myself have gotten caught up in this hypnosis since last month, I won't lie, and am not proud of it one iota. I believe a lot of these false prophets like Long sell themselves out like this for the same reason.

Long is in that eternal place of torment where that rich man is in Luke 16 - NOW he knows he was pushing a false gospel, and NOW he knows the meaning of true biblical repentance and what it is to take up our crosses daily and following Jesus Christ.

Don't let these other false teachers fool you into thinking you can get saved by trusting on Jesus's finished works at Calvary, and afterwards live the "easy life".
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2017, 09:18:47 pm »

what?!?  Huh

Georgia Senate: Eddie Long Was a Person With an 'Unimpeachable Reputation for Integrity'

Bishop Eddie Long was "a person of magnanimous strengths with an unimpeachable reputation for integrity, intelligence, confidence and kindness," according to the Georgia legislature. 

Long's home state adopted Senate Resolution 43 earlier this week, almost a week after his death. 

According to the resolution, Long:

Inspired thousands of believers and was known as one of the most influential faith leaders in the world; and WHEREAS, he was united in love and marriage to his wife, Elder Vanessa Long, and was blessed with four remarkable children, Eric, Edward, Jared and Taylor; and three wonderful grandchildren; and WHEREAS, he gave inspiration to many through his high ideals, morals and deep concern  for his fellow citizens, and the devotion, patience and understanding he demonstrated to his 20 family and friends were admired by others; and WHEREAS, he was a person of magnanimous strengths with an unimpeachable reputation for integrity, intelligence, confidence and kindness, and by the example he made of his life, he made this world a better place in which to live; and WHEREAS, a compassionate and generous man, Bishop Eddie Lee Long will long be remembered for his love of family and friendship and will be missed by all who had the great fortune of knowing him.

Long died Jan. 15 from a "gallant private fight with cancer," New Birth Missionary Baptist Church said in a statement. 

http://www.charismanews.com/us/62621-georgia-senate-eddie-long-was-person-with-unimpeachable-reputation-for-integrity
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: