End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 06:33:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Where Can I Find A Real King James Bible?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Can I Find A Real King James Bible?  (Read 3687 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2011, 12:39:42 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMD88TuwATQ&feature=player_embedded#at=171

Which King James Bible publishers do I recommend? The best I have found are from "Local Church Bible Publishers." Here is a link to their website: http://lcbplansing.org/Bibles/ You can also purchase a KJV Bible from a Bible Baptist Bookstore. Their website is: www.kjv1611.org
Here is a link to their store: http://host0125.csmhosting.com/iw_products.m4p.pvx?;products_no_tree?cat=00%20MP3%20DR?company=BBB Gail Riplinger's website also sells good King James Bibles. Here is the link to her store: https://shop.avpublications.com/index.php?cPath=26&osCsid=l8rn041rp4tmtktmas46gt4hi0
You can check out the article on KJV counterfeits; Here is the link to the Free Download section: http://www.kingjamesvideoministries.com/freedownloads.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:15:59 am »

Thank you for posting this - DA Waite's biblefortoday.org has some very good ones as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 01:41:39 pm »

The Best King James Bible?

Is mine.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
akfools
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 02:43:08 pm »

The King James Bible Store  http://www.thekjvstore.com/product_list.php?sid=e9h6mh66mfh9dog9k87g31f7r3&mcid=1

Specializing in a King Sized collection of King James Version Bibles, this is a KJV site for those with a KJV conviction. We do not sell any other versions of the Holy Bible than the Authorized King James of 1611.

I like this KJV Pocket Reference Bible w/Zipper. It is well made and fits in my pocket.  Grin
http://www.thekjvstore.com/product_detail.php?sid=e9h6mh66mfh9dog9k87g31f7r3&mcid=1&pgid=892

They also carry the D.A. Waite Defined KJV.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 02:47:45 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMD88TuwATQ&feature=player_embedded
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 04:20:24 pm »

That Ruckman book is really a bible commentary, not a bible in my opinion, and people should avoid it, and let the Spirit teach them.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 04:31:46 pm »

The Best KJV Bible

is mine.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 05:20:26 pm »

I just sent "Local Church Bible Publishers" a message asking for clarification which texts they use for their bibles. Even in their FAQ, they are a little vague when they say they use the Cambridge, but not the PCE, which they claim the PCE is the Cambridge Standard Text. I'm not sure I agree with that claim, but they are saying which Cambridge it is that they are using.

All of our Bibles use the Cambridge text except for those labeled as "Classic," which uses the Oxford text. For more information, please contact us.

They also use an Oxford text, for their "Classic" version, which apparently is a Schofield's that they gave their own name "classic".

The title ‘Scofield’ is a registered trademarked by Oxford University Press; our Classic Bible is a reprint of the 1909, 1917 public domain Bible using C.I. Scofield’s notes.

http://www.localchurchbiblepublishers.com/about/faq/

Based on this info, I'm not sure I can recommend their bibles. The text they are apparently using is too new, dating WAY past the 1769 texts. Their "Classic" is from the 1900's, and their Cambridge I suspect is based on the PCE, but a later text. They don't say up front so we'll see.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:25:32 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 05:41:29 pm »

I personally have DA Waite's KJV - no, he didn't rewrite/change any meanings, etc. All he did was bold some words in scripture, and defined it in the footnotes(no, there weren't alot of them, but pretty much ones that can be hard to define). In the back of it, he gives a commentary over all these other corrupt versions and how they came about.

Waite did a very good job in doing so, however, as Boreans, we should look up various words's meanings we don't know ourselves with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

With that being said, yes, I recommend DA Waite's KJV b/c he didn't change any of the texts et al in it.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 02:50:07 am »

More and more, this question gets asked and the answer gets less and less clear. Finding a real bible, and not some modern translation commentary, is getting harder as these new versions come out, replacing the real bible, so places to buy one are becoming fewer and fewer.

Basically, finding a real pre-1900 KJB is not easy. And it's getting hard to find an original Cambridge PCE edition as well, as it has been replaced with a newer version. While I personally prefer a pre-1900, the PCE is as close as you can get to the original "Standard" text. This was Cambridge's version when they split with Scofield. Scofield was published through Oxford.

Cambridge and Oxford University publishers are the original "crown publishers" for the King James Bible, holding the "crown copyright" in Britain.

See more details of the KJB history here...

http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,38.0.html

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 02:58:20 am »

If you can find one, I personally feel it's a choice between either the Cambridge or Oxford "Standard Text" of 1769.

Any bible translations after 1769, I personally believe were not needed.

Both have newer editions out, for Cambridge, the original text was replaced with the 1900 PCE by Scrivener (now there's an even newer than the PCE, the Cambridge Collins), and for Oxford, it's a newer 1917 Scofield, which is different text than the 1769 Oxford by Blaney. I have yet to find a publisher of either of these original 1769 "Standard Text" bibles.

Here's a check list comparing the PCE with some others and some mention of the Scofield...

http://www.bibleprotector.com/editions.htm

Some history of the 1769 Oxford edition...

http://www.bible-researcher.com/canon10.html

A real good discussion about the Oxford, with lots of details about it's history and differences to newer versions...

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=68387

As we find sources, we'll post here. Otherwise, send us a note and we'll help find a source.

"And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (KJB)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:13:53 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 03:55:28 am »

NOTE...Reader Beware

While I use the site, baptistboard.com, as a reference for some details about the Oxford, one must be aware that source also seems to not have issue with newer bible translations such as the NIV, and seem to have issue with what they call "KJVO" people.

Translation discussion...

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=83971
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:35 am »

I agree, it's hard to find anything in the modern-day bookstore, whether it's Barnes and Noble or some "Christian" bookstore. Pretty much they're not only filled with other corrupt versions based on the Alexandrian texts, but most of their KJVs are counterfeits(as they come from publishing companies like Zondervan and Thomas Nelson). Zondervan is owned by Rupert Murdoch, and the Thomas Nelson guys pretty much slip in commentaries and TOO many scripture references back and forth where it confuses the reader.

But personally, by the grace of God and his mercy, he was able to pave a way for me to find an authentic one.

Mat_19:26  But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Mark_9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

I got mine from 2 sources - Pastor DA Waite at Bible for Today ministries, and Local Church Bible Publishers

http://www.biblefortoday.org

http://www.localchurchbiblepublishers.com

Although I will warn you just a bit about DA Waite - while he DOES use the 1769 Cambridge PCE Texts(and awhile back I cross-checked various bible verses with another brethren here OK just fine), at the same time he DOES believe that we have to go back and learn the Greek/Hebrew stuff(like the corrupt lexicons in the 1800's) just like the seminaries teach today. He also bold prints various words in these bibles and defines them in the footnotes(which shouldn't sit well with anyone b/c it's the Holy Ghost that teacheth, and not man). Other than that, he doesn't even fiddle with any of the 1769 Cambridge Texts et al and leaves the verses and words as is. ALSO, his ministry is a 501c3. Overall, I would recommend buying a bible from his ministry(just ignore the bold print words he defines in the footnotes).

Local Church Bible Publishers checks out OK - it's been awhile since I've looked at the web site and bought a bible from them, but when I did 2 years ago, they looked legit.
Report Spam   Logged
Phord

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 02:17:37 pm »

Yeah i got a bunch from local church bible publishhers. they have some awesome and very nice bibles. Got one of D.A. Waites bibles too which is not bad. another website that sells King James bibles is the KJV store where a guy only sells KJV bibles. think hes in texas if i am correct. Gail Riplinger also sells a limited selection as well. thats all i can remember right now. there was one more but cant remember name of them now.
Report Spam   Logged
Phord

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 02:47:14 pm »

okay they are called www.kjvstore.com

based in Fort Worth TX, 76102, but its onnly a office location and not phisical store or mail address. there phone number is 1-800-310-0327

also another place i remeber is christianbookstore.com or something like that

however bryan delinger said they arent good the christianbookstore.com because they are connected with Catholics and promote some Catholic stuff, but they are where i got my noah websters 1828 dictionary from and they provide KJV bibles also.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 03:01:47 pm »

As for the publisher, well, it is what it is. Thomas Nelson has been buying up other bibles, same with Zondervan. The key is what text is the bible they are selling, which most of their "bibles" are newer translations.

Not even the Cambridge is from 1769. It's a much later text, and then changed again with the 1900 PCE (Pure Cambridge Edition). There is no such thing as a 1769 PCE. The PCE is from 1900.

The 1769 Cambridge text (and the 1769 Oxford text), which led to the 1900, was called the "Standard Text", yet they are now publishing a newer PCE, and calling it the "Standard Text". Same with the Oxford. The one we have today is a later version, the 1917 "Old" Scofield.

I'll avoid D.A. Waite, thank you.

The Thomas Nelson "Chain Reference" has been a popular bible, but I haven't nailed down what text they use for their "KJV". Nelson happens to own the copyright to the NKJV, so they have really been pushing that one.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 03:16:22 pm »

okay they are called www.kjvstore.com

based in Fort Worth TX, 76102, but its onnly a office location and not phisical store or mail address. there phone number is 1-800-310-0327

Ft. Worth is in my back yard(I'm from DFW) - thank you! Smiley Looks like I might give this guy a call shortly.

also another place i remeber is christianbookstore.com or something like that

however bryan delinger said they arent good the christianbookstore.com because they are connected with Catholics and promote some Catholic stuff, but they are where i got my noah websters 1828 dictionary from and they provide KJV bibles also.

Yes, it's VERY mainstream - my family members use it. Have looked through their catalog, and it's nothing more than an online candy store. Looks good to the eyes, but within are dead men's bones.

As for the publisher, well, it is what it is. Thomas Nelson has been buying up other bibles, same with Zondervan. The key is what text is the bible they are selling, which most of their "bibles" are newer translations.

Not even the Cambridge is from 1769. It's a much later text, and then changed again with the 1900 PCE (Pure Cambridge Edition). There is no such thing as a 1769 PCE. The PCE is from 1900.

The 1769 Cambridge text (and the 1769 Oxford text), which led to the 1900, was called the "Standard Text", yet they are now publishing a newer PCE, and calling it the "Standard Text". Same with the Oxford. The one we have today is a later version, the 1917 "Old" Scofield.

Still learning the ropes myself - thank you for this info. Hopefully I will remember this in the future.

The Thomas Nelson "Chain Reference" has been a popular bible, but I haven't nailed down what text they use for their "KJV". Nelson happens to own the copyright to the NKJV, so they have really been pushing that one.

Yeah, I read about that too. It all boils down to the love of money, which is the root of all evil.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:50:25 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 03:49:45 pm »

Also, very interesting articles you posted in the KJV resources thread, Kilika - fact was that they were using a VERY baby, early printing press, so naturally there would be alot of spelling/capitalization errors et al.

Funny how all of these so-called "critics" used this as ammunition to try to tear down the KJV - to be frank, even all of the updated printing presses et al have had issues. Take the typewriter when we were growing up as kids in the 70's and 80's - yeah, much better than the early 16th century printing presses, but there was still MUCH to be DESIRED in terms of improving it, as the average joe, even expert made alot of errors. Even the word processor after the typewriter had its issues. And fast-forward to our present day with the MS Word programs - even that has its issues.

Overall, these "critics" will still be around b/c quite simply, they will never be satisfied and keep coming up with excuses.

2Cor 11:2  For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
2Co 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: