End Times and Current Events
March 18, 2024, 10:36:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

UN chief: End occupation, divide Jerusalem

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UN chief: End occupation, divide Jerusalem  (Read 86064 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2011, 08:26:37 am »

well, get ready for more "natural" disasters.

Thought I would throw this in-

On Tues I believe, there's a FULL solar eclipse. And then on July 1st, there's another partial solar eclipse(the previous one was around June 1). And then the planetary/sun, etc alignments this Fall.

Jesus said there would be signs in the heavens in the last days...
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2011, 04:25:27 pm »

Obama has taken away God's hand of protection from America, ( not His children) by toying with Jerusalem and saying it will not be Israel's capital.
King David purchased that land, the temple mount, from Ornan the Jebusite, the title deed is in the Bible, the land belongs to Israel, Jerusalem is God's capital. It is where Abraham gave tithes to Melchezidek, where he offered his son on Mount Moriah and much more.

Barry has poked the apple of God's eye. I believe the response from the Lord will be quick and just. I know when someone pokes my eye, my reaction is immediate. Let us keep our eues on Jerusalem and the middle east.
1 Chron 21: 18-26
18Then the angel of the LORD commanded Gad to say to David, that David should go up, and set up an altar unto the LORD in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

19And David went up at the saying of Gad, which he spake in the name of the LORD.

20And Ornan turned back, and saw the angel; and his four sons with him hid themselves. Now Ornan was threshing wheat.

21And as David came to Ornan, Ornan looked and saw David, and went out of the threshingfloor, and bowed himself to David with his face to the ground.

22Then David said to Ornan, Grant me the place of this threshingfloor, that I may build an altar therein unto the LORD: thou shalt grant it me for the full price: that the plague may be stayed from the people.

23And Ornan said unto David, Take it to thee, and let my lord the king do that which is good in his eyes: lo, I give thee the oxen also for burnt offerings, and the threshing instruments for wood, and the wheat for the meat offering; I give it all.

24And king David said to Ornan, Nay; but I will verily buy it for the full price: for I will not take that which is thine for the LORD, nor offer burnt offerings without cost.

25So David gave to Ornan for the place six hundred shekels of gold by weight.

26And David built there an altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called upon the LORD; and he answered him from heaven by fire upon the altar of burnt offering.

2 Chronicles 3:1
Then Solomon began to build the house of the LORD at Jerusalem in mount Moriah, where the Lord appeared unto David his father, in the place that David had prepared in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite   
There you have it, settled in heaven, Jerusalem is the captial of Israel.
Report Spam   Logged

Matt 24:42 "Watch therefor: for you know not what hour your Lord doth come."
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2011, 03:42:10 am »

Thanks for pointing out them Bible verses, Jerusalem has certainly had an interesting past. It is just as important today.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2011, 06:47:46 am »

Obama warns of new US tactical spats with Israel

President Barack Obama warned that new "tactical" disagreements loomed between Israel and Washington, but vowed to leverage his administration's "creative powers" in the cause of peace.
Obama, who has had a testy relationship with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, spoke at length on the stalled peace process at a fundraiser for his 2012 reelection campaign grouping Democratic friends of Israel.

He said that as a difficult, challenging time loomed in the Middle East over the next few years, one inviolable principle was that the bond between the United States and Israel "isn't breakable."

"What is also going to be true is that both the United States and Israel are going to have to look at this new landscape with fresh eyes," Obama said, arguing the Arab Spring had changed the context of regional diplomacy.

"It's not going to be sufficient for us just to keep on doing the same things we've been doing and expect somehow that things are going to work themselves out.

"We're going to have to be creative and we're going to have to be engaged. We're going to have to look for opportunities where the best impulses in the Middle East come to the fore and the worst impulses are weakened."

"There are going to be moments over the course of the next six months or the next 12 months or the next 24 months in which there may be tactical disagreements in terms of how we approach these difficult problems," Obama said, vowing to bring to bear his administration's "creative powers" for peace.

The president said that Israel and the United States were united on a broader vision for a secure Jewish state able to live in peace with its neighbors "where kids can get on the bus or go to bed at night and not have to worry about missiles landing on them."

Obama ignited the latest US row with Netanyahu last month when he said in public what had been private US policy, that 1967 territorial lines, with agreed land swaps should be used to demarcate Israel from a future Palestinian state.

His statement provoked a public scolding from Netanyahu during a subsequent White House visit. The Israeli leader also stressed the "indefensible" nature of the 1967 lines.

Israel and the Palestinians have been at loggerheads over negotiations, which halted shortly after they were relaunched in Washington in September 2010 when a partial freeze on Israeli settlement construction expired.

Israel refused to renew the freeze, and the Palestinians insist they will not hold talks while settlements are being built on land they want for their future state.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.77758f3d4ee843583f49a03846cd5894.441&show_article=1
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2011, 08:40:13 am »

the POTUS speaks lies, his tatics for now seem to be stall but he has made it clear that his real plan is to go back to the 67 boarders.......... and what about Jerusalem, does he plan on giving the temple mount to the Arabs.

It is crazy to understand this fighting has been a long drama since the birth of Jacob and Esau, Then again, I guess it's not a long time for God at all. One thing is certain, His word will be fulfilled and the Lord Jesus will one day rule and reign from Jerusalem. So ultimately we know how the story ends and who wins, the drama is watching how it plays out.

All the Arab / Islam nations are against Israel just at the same time we have a Muslim POTUS. Now, how can that be?
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2011, 12:39:09 pm »

does he plan on giving the temple mount to the Arabs.

The Temple Mount is already under the control of the "Arabs". It's run by the Waqf, which is under the control of Jordan. For years now Jordan has been the authority over the mount, yet the media doesn't talk about that.
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2011, 04:56:38 pm »

It is illegal for the Jews to pray on the temple mount and they also have a limited time they can actually visit the mount as far as I know.  That is why they are still praying at the Western wall (the Wailing Wall).
This is all going to turn around, I think Netanyahu has taken a hard stance concerning Mt Moriah and Israel is known as a nation that does not sit back and wait for the ball to drop. A preemptive strike would not surprise me. The Arab nations are putting him in the position where he will have no other choice. He has made it known that Israel will not just give up the temple mount.
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2011, 05:26:23 am »

In an effort to bring peace to the Middle East, President Barack Obama has proposed that Israel should return to its 1967 borders in exchange for being annihilated by its enemies. PJTV's Andrew Klavan has a better idea...

Give the Middle East to the Jews!!

Watch more Klavan: http://www.pjtv.com/
Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2011, 08:12:57 am »

LOL @ "If the Jews ran America they wouldn't be 14 trillion dollars in debt, knuckle-heads"!  Cheesy

If anti-semites want to stereotype the Jews, they might as well get it right, eh? 
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2011, 06:41:08 pm »

Christian40,   I think that is very close to God's plan!   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2011, 11:09:07 pm »

LOL @ "If the Jews ran America they wouldn't be 14 trillion dollars in debt, knuckle-heads"!  Cheesy

Can't tell you how many times I've heard this lie on the "truther" MBs. These are the same MBs that deny how the Vatican/Jesuits/RCC have nothing to do with the NWO, and will label anyone "Zionists" if they say they do.

Also, the whole Protocols of Zion is a HOAX - but en yet, the "alternative media" and these "truther" MBs are taking it at face value to fearmonger the public.
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2011, 06:29:42 pm »

with elenin, the catastrophic flooding we are expecting and the wild fires I think God's response has been quick to America pressuring Israel .
Also this just came to my attention:UPDATE 2-Wildfire reaches US Los Alamos nuclear facility
Los Alamos ensures reliability of US nuclear arms

* Officials say facility is "very well protected" (Updates throughout)

By Zelie Pollon

SANTA FE, N.M., June 27 (Reuters) - A raging wildfire on Monday briefly entered the property of the preeminent U.S. nuclear facility, Los Alamos National Laboratory, a vast complex that houses research laboratories and a plutonium facility.

A mandatory evacuation was ordered for the town of Los Alamos, which has a population of about 12,000. The speed at which the fire has grown surprised fire officials.

The laboratory, which ensures the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, is a national security research facility located in the Jemez mountains of northern New Mexico.

It was set up in 1943 as part of the Manhattan Project to create the first atomic bomb and still maintains the nation's largest nuclear weapons arsenal.

Firefighters were able to douse flames on a one-acre (0.4 hectare) "spot fire" just inside the southwestern boundary of the lab site, about 25 miles (40 km) outside Santa Fe, authorities said.

Buildings still have not been touched by flames, and authorities said there was little threat to sensitive areas of the 28,000-acre complex (11,000 hectare).

The laboratory's plutonium facility is on the northeast side of the complex, while the fire seems to be moving south and east, said lab spokesman Kevin Roark.

"The facility is very well protected from any kind of wild land fire threat," said Roark. He said the facility survived a May 2000 wildfire that claimed some lab buildings and did more than $1 billion in damage.

Explosive materials on the laboratory's grounds are stored safely in underground bunkers made of concrete and steel, as well as earthen berms, Roark said.

"This fire is going to be with us for a while. It has the potential to double and triple in size," Los Alamos Fire Chief Doug Tucker said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/27/usa-wildfire-nuclear-idUSN1E75Q1NV20110627
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:48:55 pm by jackie » Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2011, 04:07:46 am »

I just read Dr Johnson's latest PDF www.contendingfortruth.com about what could well happen this year to the US.  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2011, 08:34:40 am »

I listened to his newsest update!   the world has gone mad, we are int he midst of the birthpangs and time is short. Keep on praying for Israel and Jerusalem. He who keeps Israel does not slumber or sleep!
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2011, 09:16:15 am »

I listened to his newsest update!   the world has gone mad, we are int he midst of the birthpangs and time is short. Keep on praying for Israel and Jerusalem. He who keeps Israel does not slumber or sleep!

This is another major error with the so-called "truth" movement - they are constantly ranting how the so-called "evil Zionists" are leading the NWO, and how they are persecuting Palestineans in Israel.

Yes, there are evil Zionists at the head of the Illuminati - but people seem to forget that these same "evil Zionists" were also the same ones who persecuted Jews in Nazi Germany. IOW, this conspiracy we're seeing is not just one group(whether it's just the Vatican, or just the sun worshippers, or just the masons, or just the Zionists, etc)...think Ephesians 6:12...obviously, SATAN is at the very head.

And another thing - they seem to forget how Islam has infiltrated the PA in Israel.
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2011, 10:49:31 am »

2 Cor 6:14-15for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
Report Spam   Logged

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2011, 11:30:38 am »

Can't tell you how many times I've heard this lie on the "truther" MBs. These are the same MBs that deny how the Vatican/Jesuits/RCC have nothing to do with the NWO, and will label anyone "Zionists" if they say they do.

Also, the whole Protocols of Zion is a HOAX - but en yet, the "alternative media" and these "truther" MBs are taking it at face value to fearmonger the public.

Agreed 100%
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2011, 02:55:36 pm »

sounding stupid , what what is a truther MB ?
Report Spam   Logged

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2011, 03:17:19 pm »

sounding stupid , what what is a truther MB ?

I think he means 'message boards'.
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2011, 07:35:05 pm »

the natural disasters are coming at us fast and furious and more serious that ever.... even the MSM is reporting on it. (well the parts they are allowed too) and if they say it isn't going to be too bad, beware, they lie!
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2011, 08:09:03 am »

U.S. Designates Israel as Country That Tends ‘To Promote, Produce, or Protect’ Terrorists; Also Calls Israel Anti-Terror Partner

In an implicit admission that Israel is so threatened by terrorism that it is not only surrounded by countries and territories that produce terrorists but also unwillingly harbors terrorists within its own territory in a way that most other nations in the world do not, the Obama administration is currently listing Israel among 36 “specially designated countries” it believes “have shown a tendency to promote, produce, or protect terrorist organizations or their members.”

Also included on the list--separately from Israel--are the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and Gaza, as well as Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon, the four nations bordering Israel.

All but five of the nations included on the administration’s “specially designated country” list have majority Muslim populations (see the list below).

The five countries on the list that do not have majority Muslim populations--Kazakhstan (47 percent Muslim), Eritrea (36.5 percent Muslim), Israel (16.9 percent Muslim), the Philippines (5 percent Muslim) and Thailand (4.6 percent)--have had internal problems with radical Muslim terrorists, as reported by the State Department. The State Department has designated Eritrea as a country that is “not cooperating fully” with U.S. anti-terrorism efforts.

The Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General published the list of "specially designated countries" as an appendix to an unclassified May 11 report--"Supervision of Aliens Commensurate With Risk"--that was publicly posted on the Internet. (The appendix is on page 18 of the document.)

rest: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-designates-israel-country-tends-promo
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2011, 10:29:42 am »

U.S. Designates Israel as Country That Tends ‘To Promote, Produce, or Protect’ Terrorists; Also Calls Israel Anti-Terror Partner

In an implicit admission that Israel is so threatened by terrorism that it is not only surrounded by countries and territories that produce terrorists but also unwillingly harbors terrorists within its own territory in a way that most other nations in the world do not, the Obama administration is currently listing Israel among 36 “specially designated countries” it believes “have shown a tendency to promote, produce, or protect terrorist organizations or their members.”

Also included on the list--separately from Israel--are the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and Gaza, as well as Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon, the four nations bordering Israel.

All but five of the nations included on the administration’s “specially designated country” list have majority Muslim populations (see the list below).

The five countries on the list that do not have majority Muslim populations--Kazakhstan (47 percent Muslim), Eritrea (36.5 percent Muslim), Israel (16.9 percent Muslim), the Philippines (5 percent Muslim) and Thailand (4.6 percent)--have had internal problems with radical Muslim terrorists, as reported by the State Department. The State Department has designated Eritrea as a country that is “not cooperating fully” with U.S. anti-terrorism efforts.

The Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General published the list of "specially designated countries" as an appendix to an unclassified May 11 report--"Supervision of Aliens Commensurate With Risk"--that was publicly posted on the Internet. (The appendix is on page 18 of the document.)

rest: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-designates-israel-country-tends-promo

What about the U.S.?  Don't they reveal, by their legislation, accusations and propaganda, that the U.S. is full of terrorists as well?   Roll Eyes  This move is meant for something that is for sure.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2011, 03:58:13 pm »

the Obama administration is currently listing Israel among 36 “specially designated countries” it believes “have shown a tendency to promote, produce, or protect terrorist organizations or their members.”

Is there any question left as to where Obama stands on Israel? Well, eventually we know all countries will turn their hatred directly towards Jerusalem.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2011, 04:14:53 pm »

Is there any question left as to where Obama stands on Israel? Well, eventually we know all countries will turn their hatred directly towards Jerusalem.

Don't be surprised if the so-called "truth" movement starts aligning themselves with Obama on Israel, eventually - yes, after calling him out for being a non-natural born citizen, for tearing the Constitution to shreds even more so than any other Prez, after intensifying the wars in the ME Bush started, after giving himself to the banksters, etc, etc...oh yeah...it's ALL the "Zionists" doings, right?

Seriously - I've read on "truther" MBs how they're praising LOUIS FARAKHAN for slamming Israel. Pretty scary, eh? Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2011, 03:40:55 am »

Scary? Nah, there is no fear in love. A head-scratcher? Yeah, I'll give you that. But then what do you expect from a bunch of unbelieving loons?
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2011, 10:53:35 pm »

Home grown terrorist, Muslim of America

This is happening in New York and I am sure other places in our country. I can not transfer this video but I will give you the link.... Please listen. They are calling us the terrorist!
    http://shoebat.com/videos/jihadInUSA.php

This video is just mind blowing

Report Spam   Logged

jackie

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2011, 10:55:51 pm »

I think he means 'message boards'.

Thanks Believer , learning more everyday!   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2011, 09:17:45 am »

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/netanyahu-fears-surprise-for-israel-in-quartet-s-latest-peace-push-1.372574

7/11/11

Netanyahu fears 'surprise' for Israel in Quartet's latest peace push
Foursome of Mideast peacemakers expected to include Obama's 1967 formula in statement set for release Monday afternoon.

The foreign ministers of the Middle East Quartet will be meeting Monday in Washington and are expected to release a statement endorsing U.S. President Barack Obama's May 19 speech on the Middle East, which called for negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians on the borders of a future state based on pre-1967 lines with agreed-upon land swaps.

According to sources in Jerusalem, the Quartet, which consists of the United States, the United Nations, the European Union and Russia, will not invite the parties to a summit meeting but will instead send a delegation to the region to determine if the will exists and the time is ripe for renewed negotiations.

On Sunday the group of eight senior Israeli cabinet members convened to discuss the anticipated announcement by the Quartet following a similar meeting on Friday. A source in Jerusalem said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his cabinet colleagues have concerns that the Quartet announcement could provide a surprise for Israel similar to Obama's May speech, the contents of which were revised less than 24 hours before it was delivered.

Monday's meeting of Quartet foreign ministers and the UN secretary general comes after the European Union exerted intense pressure for the presentation of an international peace plan on the conflict. The EU's foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, has argued such a peace proposal would constitute an alternative to the Palestinian push for recognition of an independent Palestinian state at the UN in September, and that it might convince the Palestinians to refrain from going forward with their plans.

In the past two weeks, France has put heavy pressure on Ashton and the other Quartet members for the group's statement to include an invitation to Israel and the Palestinians to resume negotiations based on Obama's remarks on the 1967 borders and on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state.

The U.S. is proposing a Quartet statement that mentions the Obama address in relatively general terms and announces that a Quartet delegation would visit the region for additional talks.

Israeli sources have said Netanyahu has been somewhat more flexible in his stance regarding the principles expressed in Obama's address, saying that he would agree to base talks on the 1967 borders with land swaps. In exchange, he is seeking Obama administration ratification of President George W. Bush's letter to Prime Minister Ariel Sharon regarding Jewish West Bank settlement blocs coming under Israeli sovereignty and for Palestinian refugees to be resettled in a future Palestinian state.

Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2011, 01:28:29 am »

Israel agrees to negotiate over pre-'67 lines

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?id=18573939&ps=1010&srce=news_class&action=4&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_NKNWU00L4_UNEWS

JERUSALEM (AP) — In a dramatic policy shift, Israel's prime minister has agreed to negotiate the borders of a Palestinian state based on the cease-fire line that marks off the West Bank, a TV station reported Monday.

Up to now, Benjamin Netanyahu has refused to spell out his plan for negotiating the border. A senior Israeli official would not confirm outright that the prime minister was now willing to adopt the cease-fire line as a starting point, but said Israel was willing to try new formulas to restart peace talks based on a proposal made by President Barack Obama.

In a speech about the Middle East in May, Obama proposed negotiations based on the pre-1967 line with agreed swaps of territory between Israel and a Palestinian state. Netanyahu reacted angrily, insisting that Israel would not withdraw from all of the West Bank, though that was not what Obama proposed.

Now Netanyahu is basically accepting that framework, according to Channel 2 TV, offering to trade Israeli territory on its side of the line for West Bank land where its main settlements are located.

The official, who has been briefed on the talks, spoke on condition of anonymity because the contacts are still in progress. He said he would not deny the TV report, while refusing to confirm the specifics. He emphasized that Israel would not withdraw from all of the West Bank.

"We are willing in a framework of restarting the peace talks to accept a proposal that would contain elements that would be difficult for Israel and we would find very difficult to endorse," he said, answering a question about the Obama proposal.

Part of the reason, he said, was that Israel is seeking to persuade the Palestinians to drop their initiative to win U.N. recognition of their state next month, something the Palestinians are doing out of frustration with stalled peace efforts.

Palestinian officials said they had not received such a proposal from Israel.

Palestinians have demanded that Israel stop construction in its West Bank settlements and east Jerusalem before peace talks resume. Netanyahu wants talks with no preconditions where issues like settlements and borders would be discussed, along with his insistence that the Palestinians recognize Israel as a Jewish state.

continues...
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2011, 08:20:13 am »

You give the devil a couple of inches, he'll take a few more miles from you.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: