End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 12:34:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

There Will Never Be Enough Jobs In America Again

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There Will Never Be Enough Jobs In America Again  (Read 8679 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2012, 08:27:24 am »

There Will Never Be Enough Jobs In America Again

Well, we just had another bad jobs report.  The U.S. economy created just 80,000 new jobs during the month of June.  Normally, about 125,000 new jobs need to be created every month just to keep up with population growth.  So it is a bit odd that the official unemployment rate did not rise above 8.2%.  What is even more alarming is that the Social Security Administration is telling us that 85,000 U.S. workers "left the workforce" and enrolled in the Social Security Disability Insurance program during the month of June.  That means that the number of Americans enrolling in Social Security Disability actually exceeded the number of new jobs that was created.  That is definitely not a sign of recovery.  Unfortunately, this is about as good as things are going to get.  Right now corporate profits are at an all-time high and usually after a recession has ended the percentage of working age Americans that have jobs bounces back very strongly.  But that has not happened this time, and when the next economic crisis hits things are going to get a lot worse.

The headline to this article states that there will never be enough jobs in America again.

How could that possibly be true?

Well, the sad truth is that it is very hard to make a profit on an employee in the United States today.

Every year, the control freaks that run things just keep dumping more taxes, more laws, more regulations and more demands on employers.  Hiring even a low level employee today is very complicated and very expensive.

These days a lot of small business owners have decided that it is simply not worth the hassle to hire more employees.  If you can't make a profit on them, what is the point?

If there was going to be a major rebound in hiring, we would have seen it by now.  Corporate profits are at an all-time high as I mentioned earlier.  How much more money do they need to make before they start hiring?

But I don't blame them.  Our politicians have loaded the system with plenty of incentives NOT to hire workers.

Yesterday, I wrote about how Barack Obama has been a one man wrecking crew when it comes to killing jobs.  But he is not the only one to blame.  The truth is that politicians from both political parties have been making things more difficult for employers for decades.

Today, many employers are trying to replace as many employees as possible with computers, automation, robotics and other forms of technology.  Those are jobs that are not ever going to come back.

However, sometimes human labor is still actually needed.

But instead of hiring American workers, many big corporations are taking advantage of the emerging "one world economy" and are setting up shop in countries where it is legal to pay slave labor wages.

So how are American workers supposed to compete with that?

The truth is that they can't.

Today, you aren't just competing for jobs with your neighbors.  Your competition also includes millions upon millions of hard working people on the other side of the globe that will gladly work 12 hour shifts in nightmarish conditions for a dollar an hour.

The United States has been losing millions of jobs to lower wage countries, and the fierce competition for the jobs that remain is driving down wages in this country.

As a result, many of our greatest cities that were once the envy of the entire world have become cesspools of filth, decay and wretchedness.

We are going to continue to bleed jobs because both major political parties are fully convinced that merging our labor pool with the labor pool of the rest of the world is a grand idea.

Republicans have been brainwashed into believing that a one world economic system is actually "conservative".  They have been told that it is "conservative" to merge our economy with countries ruled by third world dictators and brutal communist regimes that have no respect for human rights at all.

Democrats have been brainwashed into believing that merging our economy into a one world economic system is "good for American workers" and will bring more prosperity to this country.

Barack Obama is even negotiating a treaty right now that would reportedly ban all "Buy American" laws.

How stupid can we be?

If we merge our labor pool with the labor pool of the rest of the world with no protection, guess where our wages and our standard of living is going to go?

The answer is obvious.

The "giant sucking sound" that Ross Perot warned us about so many years ago has become a reality.

It is just basic economics.

If I go to the store and I see two similar products and one is priced at $10 and the other is priced at $100 I am going to go for the one priced $10.

Well, it is the same thing with employees.

U.S. workers can't compare with low wage workers on the other side of the world.  It is simply no contest.

Meanwhile, our control freak politicians continue to shove more jobs out the door by piling on even more taxes, rules and regulations.

Unfortunately, these trends are not going to change.  It doesn't matter who gets elected.  The bleeding of jobs is going to continue.

In fact, we should probably be celebrating that things are still as good as they are.

In the future they will be a whole lot worse.

The period we are in right now was supposed to be the recovery.  During the last recession the percentage of working age Americans with jobs fell dramatically.  Since the end of the recession, that number has stayed remarkably flat....

Now the next major downturn is rapidly approaching.

When it hits, the unemployment rate is going to go well up into the double digits.

At the moment, our failing economy is being propped up by unprecedented amounts of debt.

When our debt-fueled false prosperity ends, the true horror of the decay of our economic system will be revealed.

If you think it is hard to find a job now, you just wait.  What is coming is going to be a total nightmare.  As I have written about before, many years of pain are ahead.

But that doesn't mean that you have to lose hope.

On my website, people often share how their lives have been absolutely devastated by this economy.  Some of them are even so down that they are considering giving up completely.

But that is the exact wrong response to all of this!

The reason why I try so hard to explain what is coming is so that it will not be a surprise to people.  If you make plans and preparations now, the times that are coming will not overwhelm you.  I believe that there will be people that will be greatly blessed even in the midst of what is coming.

However, millions of Americans that are not listening to the warnings now will have their lives totally destroyed by what is coming.

The world is changing.  Nothing is going to stop that.  The unprecedented prosperity that we have been rolling in is going to shrivel up and go away.

But that does not mean that your life is over.

In fact, if you get yourself physically and mentally prepared for what is ahead the times that are coming can be the greatest times of your life.

One of my goals is to give people hope.  There is hope in understanding what is coming.  There is hope in being prepared.  There is hope in being a light in the middle of the darkness.  There is hope in being willing to love people in the midst of a world that is going crazy.  The following is from a comment that one reader left on a recent article....

I wanted to thank you, the author of this article, whoever you are. I haven’t completely ruled out killing myself but you’ve certainly given me something to think about. And thank you for trying to give people like me a little hope. A little kindness, even if only through words, is at a premium these days especially in my life. I will think carefully about what you’ve said. Best wishes to you and your efforts. God bless.
Everyone out there that is in a similar position - please do not ever, ever, ever give up.

No matter how bad things look right now, there are people out there that care.

One thing I have learned in life is this - there is always a way that things can be turned around.

Sadly, in the future a lot of Americans are going to give in to despair and will completely give up on life.  We saw it happen during the Great Depression of the 1930s and we are seeing this in Greece and other European countries right now.

But the truth is that your life is not over no matter how bad things get out there.

You can let the times that are coming destroy you, or you can make them the greatest adventure of your life.

The choice is up to you.

I urge you to get ready, to get more independent of the system and to start focusing on the things that really matter in life.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/there-will-never-be-enough-jobs-in-america-again
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 09:13:58 am »

Just think of it this way - it's the 2 minute warning in a football game, and the score is 45-10.

The world is on the losing end of this, but nonetheless the game IS still going on while time is running short(meaning the players on the losing team still have to play, and the coaches still have to coach). If you're on the losing team, it feels like an eternity.

Please come quickly Lord Jesus!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:47:31 am »

More Than Half Of All Americans Are At Least Partially Dependent On The Government

A very large segment of the population has figured out that it can use voting as a tool to get more money and benefits from the government, and that is a very dangerous thing.  Once upon a time, the free market was the one that distributed nearly all the wealth in our system.  But now the federal government has become a giant deluded "Santa Claus" that distributes goodies to the American people far beyond its actual capacity to do so.  In fact, we are borrowing trillions of dollars that we do not have so that our politicians can continue to buy votes with handouts.  Look, we will always need a safety net.  We don't want anyone in America starving to death or sleeping in the street.  However, our current system has gotten completely and totally out of control.  Today, there are nearly 80 different "means-tested welfare programs" operated by the federal government.  As I have written about previously, more than 100 million Americans are enrolled in those programs.  Sadly, that does not even count Social Security and Medicare.  Tens of millions of Americans are enrolled in each of those programs as well.  And when you add in more than 22 million government workers, you get one giant pile of people that are getting money or benefits from the government.  In fact, at this point more than half of all Americans are at least partially dependent on the government.

A recent Forbes article by Bill Wilson estimates that over 165 million Americans are government dependents to at least some degree....

New research from Ranking Member of the Senate Budget Committee Jeff Sessions (R-AL) reveals that this reality may already be here, with more than 107 million Americans on some form of means-tested government welfare.

Add to that 46 million seniors collecting Medicare (subtracting out about 10 million on Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, and other senior-eligible programs already included in Sessions’ means-tested chart) and 22 million government employees at the federal, state, and local level — and suddenly, over 165 million people, a clear majority of the 308 million Americans counted by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2010, are at least partially dependents of the state.
That is absolutely staggering.

So why is this happening?

Well, for one thing our economy is not producing enough good jobs.  Millions of our jobs have been shipped out of the country, and of the jobs that remain, only 24.6 percent of them are considered to be "good jobs" at this point.

So millions of families are really hurting.  In fact, 77 percent of all Americans are now living paycheck to paycheck at least some of the time.

This week, Joe Biden declared that "the middle class is coming back", but that was a giant lie.

The truth is that the middle class is being absolutely shredded.  More Americans fall out of the middle class every single day.  Right now there are more than 100 million Americans that are considered to be "poor" or "near poor", and the number of Americans on food stamps has risen by more than 14 million since Barack Obama entered the White House.

No, the middle class is definitely not coming back.  Poverty is exploding all around us and every single day even more Americans become dependent on the government.

And that is how the social engineers like it.  They don't want us to be strong and independent.  They want us to be weak and groveling and dependent on them.

So who is paying for all of this?

Well, it sure isn't the wealthy.  They have become absolute masters at avoiding taxes.

And it sure isn't the poor people.  Most of them don't even pay any income taxes.

So who is paying for all of this?

Hard working middle class Americans are, and our children and our grandchildren are.

Both Democrats and Republicans see nothing wrong with stealing trillions of dollars from future generations so that they can shower their constituents with benefits that we simply cannot afford.

What we are doing to our children and our grandchildren is beyond criminal.  I am amazed that more people are not completely outraged by all of this.

Obama, Bush, Clinton and our Congress critters have showered the American people will trillions of dollars that have been ripped off from Americans that have not even been born yet.  They seem to think that it is really funny that they are going to stick them with the bill.

I find it absolutely revolting.

But very few of our politicians will even discuss seriously cutting back the benefits that we have promised to hand out.

Nobody wants to be the bad guy.

And more specifically, very few of our politicians are willing to risk their careers in order to do what they know is right.

We are becoming a society that is completely and totally addicted to government money and government benefits.

We expect the government to take care of us from the cradle to the grave.

In many ways, the government has actually become a god to millions upon millions of Americans.

And the social engineers like it that way.

They want the government to be as large and as powerful as possible.

In fact, they don't even want us taking care of each other.

Earlier this year I wrote about how feeding the homeless is illegal in many major cities all over the United States.

Sadly, this trend has gotten even stronger since that time.

According to USA Today, more than 50 American cities have now passed "anti-camping or anti-food-sharing laws"....

Philadelphia recently banned outdoor feeding of people in city parks. Denver has begun enforcing a ban on eating and sleeping on property without permission. And this month, lawmakers in Ashland, Ore., will consider strengthening the town's ban on camping and making noise in public.

And the list goes on: Atlanta, Phoenix, San Diego, Los Angeles, Miami, Oklahoma City and more than 50 other cities have previously adopted some kind of anti-camping or anti-food-sharing laws, according to the National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty.
So what are we supposed to do?

If it is illegal to help the homeless and it is illegal to be homeless, what is left?

The answer is obvious.

We are supposed to let the government take care of everything because the government is our super-powerful nanny that always knows what is best.

In the end, however, this system is going to collapse.  It is unsustainable by nature and the weight of our 16 trillion dollar national debt is absolutely going to crush us.

Millions of Americans realize that the system is failing, and that is why so many of them have started to prepare for the worst.

This even includes members of Congress.  For example, just check out the following excerpt from an article about U.S. Representative Roscoe Bartlett....

Deep in the West Virginia woods, in a small cabin powered by the sun and the wind, a bespectacled, white-haired man is giving a video tour of his basement, describing techniques for the long-term preservation of food in case of “an emergency.”

“We don’t really think of those today, because it’s so convenient to go to the supermarket,” he cautions. “But you know, you’re planning because the supermarket may not always be there.”

The electrical grid could fail tomorrow, he frequently warns. Food would disappear from the shelves. Water would no longer flow from the pipes. Money might become worthless. People could turn on each other, and millions would die.
Remember, this is a member of the U.S. Congress that is saying these things.

Any rational person can see that our current system is unsustainable by any definition.

Many of our politicians continue to insist that it can be "fixed" if you will just allow them to "tweak" it a bit.

Sadly, they are all lying to you.

A few small changes here and there is not going to change anything.

We need radical reconstructive surgery in this nation, and unfortunately that is not even being presented to the American people as an option in 2012.

We are just going to keep doing more of the same and we are going to keep expecting different results.

And that truly is insanity.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/more-than-half-of-all-americans-are-at-least-partially-dependent-on-the-government
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 09:01:03 am »

Newsweek did a piece called "Generation Screwed" recently - pretty much the majority of the 18-35 demographic, in particular recent college graduates, favor relying on the government for help. No surprise here - coming out with massive student loan debt, not may decent jobs out there, the socialist message being brainwashed at them in classes, and a combination of other things.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 02:42:20 pm »

Economic Failure: 58 Percent Of The Jobs Being Created Are Low Paying Jobs

Are you good at flipping burgers , waiting tables or stocking shelves?  Are you proficient with a cash register?  Do you enjoy doing mindless work for very low pay?  If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you are probably going to fit in very well in the new U.S. economy.  According to a report that has just been released by the National Employment Law Project, 58 percent of the jobs that have been created since the end of the recession have been low paying jobs.  So exactly what is a low paying job?  Well, the National Employment Law Project defines it as a job with an hourly wage between $7.69 and $13.83.  But of course you can't pay a mortgage or support a family on $13.83 an hour.  Even if you got full-time hours the entire year, you would make less than $28,000 on an annual basis.  The federal poverty level for a family of five is $27,010.  So needless to say, most of these new jobs are not paying enough to support a middle class lifestyle.  This represents an economic failure on a fundamental level.  Our economy is producing very few good jobs that enable people to be able to raise families and live the American Dream.  The ranks of "the working poor" are exploding and the number of Americans that are dependent on the government is sitting at an all-time record.  Sadly, if current trends continue things are going to get a lot worse.

(Read More....)
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/economic-failure-58-percent-of-the-jobs-being-created-are-low-paying-jobs
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 03:24:07 pm »

So exactly what is a low paying job?  Well, the National Employment Law Project defines it as a job with an hourly wage between $7.69 and $13.83.  But of course you can't pay a mortgage or support a family on $13.83 an hour.  Even if you got full-time hours the entire year, you would make less than $28,000 on an annual basis.  The federal poverty level for a family of five is $27,010.

THAT is the most glaring fact in the article. Service industry type jobs are what they are refering to as far as new jobs. Virtually all of those type jobs are low wage, under $15.00/hr. Most I'd say under $12/hr.

You cannot afford the standard secular society lifestyle (i.e. house with a white picked fence, 2 kids and dog) on that wage, even for a single individual. With housing, vehicle, medical and dental, education, etc. There is no way a person can meet all those expenses. Not when your trying to live in a residence that costs at a very bare minum $500/month easy in the cheapest parts of the country for a small one bedroom apartment.

When calculating whether or not a person can afford a place, it generally is determined by approx. 25-30 percent of your gross monthly pay for rent or a mortgage. At $13.00/hr, that means you can only afford about $520/month rent. That's if you have no other expenses outside of household. Toss in full coverage auto insurance, medical of some type, food, and that income is gone.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 04:25:15 pm »

Yep, the so-called "American Dream" Reagan's Handlers put out in the 1980's has turned into an "American Nightmare" in recent years.

So much for Reagan's Handlers's great fiscal policies where plenty were supplied nice paying jobs to put out their American Dreams...all at the expense of skyrocketing our national debt(ie-it tripled in this same 1980's period), and has spiraled ever since.

The borrower is a slave to the lender...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 07:48:59 am »

Job Seekers Dropping Out of the Workforce?

With U.S. unemployment reported to have fallen below 8 percent in September for the first time in four years, some suggested the job market may be on the mend.

But others say many job seekers have simply lost hope of finding work and have quit the workforce altogether.

Temping Long-Term

Glen Dodge, from Norfolk, Va., enjoyed his work as an experienced and sought-after builder for 30 years.

"[I ] started doing some construction work and remodeling with a company in D.C. and then worked my way from there into a position of basically framing houses," he told CBN News. "[I ] worked my way up into supervision and that kind of thing."

Dodge said things changed when the housing market crashed.

"We found ourselves with a bunch of houses that couldn't sell so we had to go ahead and back off of building," he said. "It was a pretty difficult time."

The market so bad that Dodge was laid off from his job. It was the first time in his adult life that he was without work.

"It was really difficult in that you feel like someone's pulled the carpet out from underneath you and so your whole world totally shifts," he explained. "We actually ended up having to sell the house and we moved into an apartment."

Since being laid off six years ago, Dodge moved from one temporary job to another, a total of 12 different jobs in all.

"I've worked for a couple of employees since the major layoff and most of it's been remodeling," he said. "They've actually gone through situations where they've had work and then it's dried up and so there's no work there and they've had to lay off. So I've had that happen twice."

College Degree and Unemployed

The 55 year old represents just one segment of the country's unemployed population.

Paul Conway, president of Generation Opportunity, a non-profit advocacy group in Arlington, Va., told CBN News that the weak labor market has hit 18 to 29 year olds especially hard.

"It's a situation that's a national issue that impacts all Americans but particularly young Americans," Conway said.

He said recent college graduates are having a tough time finding work in the down economy.

"Nearly 50 percent of them are either unemployed or underemployed," he explained.

"So when they go to look for work, they have to settle for jobs that don't require that degree and they have to compete against workers who do have those degrees or even masters degrees who themselves are older but maybe settling for jobs maybe reserved for entry level," he said.

The picture is even worse for the long-term unemployed, those out of work for more than 27 weeks. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, they total almost five million people and account for 40 percent of the unemployed.

Generations of Job Seekers

The most recent jobless report dropped to 7.8 percent, the first time it moved below 8 percent in nearly four years.

Despite the new numbers, more than 12 million Americans still need work. Crowds continue to line up at job fairs across the country.

"It can be a struggle most definitely. Gas prices you know, continue to rise. Food prices are very up, you know, kind of expensive," one job seeker in Atlanta, said. "So just to live on a every day basis can be very difficult in these days and times."

Conway said the lower unemployment rate is not good news and points to an even bigger problem. 

"You're having a decrease in unemployment right now is more people are dropping out of the work force. It's not that new jobs are being created," he said.

Many of those giving up looking for work are older. Statistics show the number of people age 55 and over who are without a job, or who are considered "underemployed," is on the rise.

Despite their years of experience, older, laid-off workers often compete with younger job seekers for the same jobs.

Settling for Anything

Maurice Johnston's story is just one of hundreds that have been posted on YouTube. His resume includes two masters degrees: one in plasma physics from Dartmouth and another in electrical engineering from Purdue.

After 10 years at Lockheed Aerospace and stints at teaching, he received a pink slip.

"Now I'm staying in a homeless shelter. I've been looking for work. I've come close several times," Johnston said. "They usually want someone younger."

Frustrated, more job seekers are settling for part time work because the economy is not adding enough full time job opportunities. 

"What's really going on is that they're in a job that they've actually taken because they had to or they had to settle with one that's below their education level and below their skill level and therefore below their earnings potential," Conway said. "And that's a major issue that's going on right now."

Meanwhile, Dodge is still searching for a stable job. He said he is trusting God to see him and his family through the tough times.

"You're hopeful in that, 'Okay, Lord, you know what you have in front of me and you know what my needs are,'" he said. "And I'm hopeful that he's going to supply all my needs which he's promised to according to his riches."

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/finance/2012/October/Job-Seekers-Dropping-Out-of-the-Workforce/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:57:49 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 08:47:33 am »

We've been discussing this issue of "if we don't work, ye can't eat" passage in 2nd The 3 for almost a year now - again, I think this passage needs to be looked at more closely on a spiritual level. Yes, as Christians we can't be slothful, but again, scripture is spiritual, and not carnal.

As for the article above - personally, I'm a licensed CPA(and have been so for 4 years) - but I'm having a very tough time even finding contract work. It was 10 years ago when the Enron fiasco happened, and Sarbanes-Oxley that was passed by Capitol Hill opened the doors, albeit temporarily, for the Accounting/Finance industry to hire people left and right(with tighter regulations on businesses, more Accountants were needed). But again, it was only temporary, and eventually the bottom fell out for the Accounting/Finance sector, as the global economy is on the verge of collapse, and all of these banking bailouts has really hurt businesses.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 09:43:26 am »

Unemployment Is Not Going Down: The Employment Rate Has Been Under 59 Percent For 39 Months In A Row

The mainstream media is heralding the decline of the official unemployment rate to 7.7 percent as evidence that the U.S. economy is improving.  But it is a giant lie.  The truth is that unemployment in America is not actually going down.  The percentage of working age Americans with a job actually dropped slightly in November.  During the last recession, the percentage of working age Americans with a job fell from about 63 percent to under 59 percent and it has stayed there for 39 months in a row.  In September 2009, during the depths of the last economic crisis, 58.7 percent of all working age Americans were employed.  In November 2012, 58.7 percent of all working age Americans were employed.  It is more then 3 years later, and we are in the exact same place!  So how in the world are they able to pretend that the "unemployment rate" is going down steadily?  Well, they get there by pretending that hundreds of thousands of unemployed workers "leave the labor force" each month.  According to the government, another 350,000 Americans left the labor force during November, and when you keep pretending that huge chunks of workers "disappear" each month it is easy to get the "unemployment rate" to go down.  But any idiot can see that there is something really funny about these numbers.  Barack Obama has been president for less than four years, and during that time the number of Americans "not in the labor force" has increased by nearly 8.5 million.  Something seems really "off" about that number, because during the entire decade of the 1980s the number of Americans "not in the labor force" only rose by about 2.5 million.  At this point the official unemployment rate is so manipulated that it is of very little value at all.

But the mainstream media is just eating up this "good news".  They are very excited that the "unemployment rate" has fallen from its peak of 10.0 percent in October 2009 to 7.7 percent now...

rest: http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/unemployment-is-not-going-down-the-employment-rate-has-been-under-59-percent-for-39-months-in-a-row
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 05:15:56 am »

Sorry Protesters: Your Jobs Are Being Sent To China And They Aren't Coming Back

Did you see the huge crowds of protesters that flooded the Michigan Capitol on Tuesday?  They were there to protest two bills there were being considered by the state legislature that would limit the power of unions in the state.  Michigan lawmakers approved the bills and this absolutely infuriated the protesters.  There is a lot of passion on both sides of this debate, but I am afraid that both sides in this debate are missing the bigger picture.  If we keep shipping millions of our jobs to China, there isn't going to be work for anyone no matter how much power unions have or don't have.  During the month of October, the U.S. trade deficit increased to 42.2 billion dollars.  Our trade with China accounted for most of that deficit.  Our trade deficit with China in October increased to a new all-time one month record of 29.5 billion dollars.  Nearly 30 billion dollars that could have gone to U.S. businesses and U.S. workers went to China instead.  Since 1975, a total of about 8 trillion dollars that could have gone to U.S. businesses and U.S. workers went to the rest of the world instead.  Shiny new factories are going up all over China, and meanwhile our once great manufacturing cities are degenerating into desolate wastelands.  So what is going to happen when all of the good paying manufacturing jobs are gone?  Are we all going to fight bitterly over whether we should unionize the low paying jobs that remain at places such as Wal-Mart and McDonalds?  Such an approach is not going to bring back prosperity to America.  We desperately need to start building things and start creating real wealth inside this country once again.  We desperately need to stop sending tens of thousands of businesses, millions of jobs and trillions of dollars of our national wealth out of the country.  Unfortunately, I don't see anyone out there holding protests about our trade deficit.  Nobody really seems to care, so our economy will continue to bleed good jobs and the middle class will continue to be destroyed.

The funny thing is that the workers that are out there protesting these union bills actually voted for the politicians that are killing their jobs.  Both parties are married to the one world economic system and the "free trade" agenda, and Barack Obama has been one of the worst offenders.  He has been pushing for more "free trade agreements" throughout the past four years, and yet union workers continue to support him enthusiastically.

How foolish can they possibly be?

Yeah, let's merge American workers into a global labor pool with workers in third world countries on the other side of the globe that work in absolutely nightmarish conditions for as little as 45 dollars a month.  That sounds like a great idea, doesn't it?

Oh, but you don't want to work for 45 dollars a month?

You don't even want to work for 450 dollars a month?

Well, then the big corporations that fund politicians like Obama will just take your jobs and send them halfway around the planet.

Do you think that your unions will save your jobs?

Michigan already has the highest rate of union membership in the Midwest.

It also has the highest rate of unemployment in the Midwest.

Over the past couple of decades, thousands of businesses in Michigan have either closed down or moved facilities overseas.

Did the unions prevent any of that?

No.

If union bosses really wanted to do some good, they would be organizing protests against our incredibly foolish trade policies.

But instead, they tell their members to vote for politicians like Obama and then they run out to the stores and fill their carts with huge piles of products that were made in China.

Union workers need to wake up to one fundamental economic fact - in a one world economic system, the big corporations simply do not need you.  They can make their products in lots of other countries where it is legal to pay slave labor wages.

But instead of getting upset about what is really killing their jobs, union workers in Michigan are screaming mad about a couple of new laws that will take some power away from the unions.

That is kind of like being obsessed with a broken fingernail when your leg has just been sawed off and you are gushing blood all over the floor.

Oh, but union workers did put on a good show up in Michigan.  The following is how a Bloomberg article described the protests...

Officials spent days gearing up for crowds brought out by the legislature’s sudden action last week to give initial approval to three anti-dues bills, which exclude police and firefighters. At least one helicopter buzzed overhead today, and mounted police surveyed the protesters. Signs reading “Don’t hurt working families” dotted lawns.

The crowd numbered more than 10,000, according to State Police Inspector Gene Adamczyk, with more buses still arriving. The Capitol was closed when it reached its capacity of 2,000.

The anger surrounding these protests was almost palpable.  One state representative even declared that "there will be blood".

Meanwhile, many of those same protesters will buy toys for their kids that were made in China with wrapping paper that was made in China and they will put them under a Christmas tree that was made in China.

Merging our economy with the economy of communist China was one of the stupidest economic moves that we could have ever made.  They are systematically taking our wealth, and then we have to go over there and beg them to lend money back to us.

Pretty soon the Chinese economy will dwarf ours.  According to the National Intelligence Council, the GDP of Asia will have surpassed the GDP of North America and the GDP of all of Europe combined by 2030.

But if we had never opened up trade with communist China none of this would have ever happened.

Why won't American workers get upset about this stuff?

Do you really want your standard of living to decline to the level of a Chinese factory worker?

You can see some photos of what life is like for workers in China's toy factories right here.  This is what the future holds for American workers unless something is done.

For much more on how our trade policies are absolutely gutting our economy, please see the statistics in this article: "55 Reasons Why You Should Buy Products That Are Made In America This Holiday Season".

But no, the big unions will never dare oppose Obama.  They love him far too much to do that.

Meanwhile, we continue to bleed good jobs.  Large companies have announced the elimination of more than 100,000 jobs since November 6th, and it looks like 2013 is going to be a very difficult year for American workers.

If you are an American worker, you need to ask yourself why anyone would want to hire you in this kind of economic environment.  You are 10 to 20 times more expensive than workers on the other side of the globe.  In addition, our politicians just keep piling more rules, regulations and taxes on to the backs of the employers in this country.  It is more difficult than ever to make a profit from the labor of an American worker.

Honestly, I understand why most small businesses don't want to hire anyone in this economic environment.  It just doesn't make sense.  For much more on this, please see this excellent article by Charles Hugh-Smith.

And there are signs that things are going to get even worse.  For example, the NFIB Small Business Outlook survey dropped like a rock during November.  That is a very bad sign for hiring.

And another ominous sign for the economy was that the latest trade report showed that imports and exports are both declining.  That is usually a signal that a recession is coming.  Exports fell faster than imports did, and that is the reason why the trade deficit grew.  If imports and exports both fall again next month, it will be time to become extremely concerned.  When imports and exports both decline, that is a sign of slowing economic activity.

The United States will always need to trade with other nations, but we need to do it in a way that is balanced and that protects American workers.  Right now there is a one way conveyor belt taking businesses, jobs and money out of this country.  If we don't do something about our mammoth trade deficit, we will have no chance of reversing the steady decline of the U.S. economy.

Hopefully we can get the American people to wake up and realize this.  Instead, most of the comments at the end of this article will probably be about the pros and cons of unions.  That will be yet another sign that most people still don't get these issues.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/sorry-protesters-your-jobs-are-being-sent-to-china-and-they-arent-coming-back
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 05:37:41 am »

Unions have played a major role in destroying manufacturing in the US. What company would stay here when they can leave and make stuff much cheaper elsewhere?

Let's see, pay somebody $15-30.00/hour in the US, or somebody in China $2.50/week, hmm, decisions decisions.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 11:47:24 am »

Not that I endorse Lou Dobbs, but when Bush II was in office, I remember he was constantly warning about jobs being shipped overseas(back in 2004, when I regularly started watching him for a good bit then). He was one of the few that was doing so(don't recall "conservative" talk radio like Limbaugh doing so).

Of course, the masses, in particular the GOP, just wrote this off as "liberal media rhetoric"(Dobbs was employed by CNN at the time). What also didn't make sense was that over a year later, I saw Dobbs on the cover of Newsmax(a conservative rhetoric political mag).

Well, the year is 2012 now, and look where we are at...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 05:58:24 am »

35 Statistics About The Working Poor In America That Will Blow Your Mind

In America tonight, tens of millions of men and women will struggle to get to sleep because they are stressed out about not making enough money even though they are working as hard as they possibly can.  They are called "the working poor", and their numbers are absolutely exploding.  As a recent Gallup poll showed, Americans are more concerned about the economy than they are about anything else.  But why are Americans so stressed out about our economic situation if things are supposedly getting better?  Well, the truth is that unemployment is not actually going down, and the real unemployment numbers are actually much worse than what is officially being reported by the government.  But unemployment is only part of the story.  Most American workers are still able to find jobs, but an increasing proportion of them are not able to make ends meet at the end of the month.  Our economy continues to bleed good paying middle class jobs, and to a large degree those jobs are being replaced by low income jobs.  Approximately one-fourth of all American workers make 10 dollars an hour or less at this point, and we see them all around us every day.  They flip our burgers, they cut our hair and they take our money at the supermarket.  In many homes, both parents are working multiple jobs, and yet when a child gets sick or a car breaks down they find that they don't have enough money to pay the bill.  Many of these families have gone into tremendous amounts of debt in order to try to stay afloat, but once you get caught in a cycle of debt it can be incredibly difficult to break out of that.

So what is the solution?  Well, the easy answer would be that we need the U.S. economy to start producing more good paying jobs, but that is easier said than done.  Our big corporations continue to ship huge numbers of good paying manufacturing jobs out of the country, and millions of Americans have been forced to scramble to find whatever work is available.  Today, there are so many very talented American workers that are trapped in low wage work.  According to the Working Poor Families Project, "about one-fourth of adults in low-income working families were employed in just eight occupations, as cashiers, cooks, health aids, janitors, maids, retail salespersons, waiters and waitresses, or drivers."  A lot of those people could do so much more for society, but they don't have the opportunity.

Sadly, the percentage of low paying jobs in our economy continues to increase with each passing year, so this is a problem that is only going to get worse.  So don't look down on the working poor.  The good paying job that you have right now could disappear at any time and you could end up joining their ranks very soon.

The following are 35 statistics about the working poor in America that will blow your mind...

#1 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 146 million Americans are either "poor" or "low income".

#2 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 57 percent of all American children live in a home that is either "poor" or "low income".

#3 Back in 2007, about 28 percent of all working families were considered to be among "the working poor".  Today, that number is up to 32 percent even though our politicians tell us that the economy is supposedly recovering.

#4 Back in 2007, 21 million U.S. children lived in "working poor" homes.  Today, that number is up to 23.5 million.

#5 In Arkansas, Mississippi and New Mexico, more than 40 percent all of working families are considered to be "low income".

#6 Families that have a head of household under the age of 30 have a poverty rate of 37 percent.

#7 Half of all American workers earn $505 or less per week.

#8 At this point, one out of every four American workers has a job that pays $10 an hour or less.

#9 Today, the United States actually has a higher percentage of workers doing low wage work than any other major industrialized nation does.

#10 Median household income in the United States has fallen for four consecutive years.

#11 Median household income for families with children dropped by a whopping $6,300 between 2001 and 2011.

#12 The U.S. economy continues to trade good paying jobs for low paying jobs.  60 percent of the jobs lost during the last recession were mid-wage jobs, but 58 percent of the jobs created since then have been low wage jobs.

#13 Back in 1980, less than 30% of all jobs in the United States were low income jobs.  Today, more than 40% of all jobs in the United States are low income jobs.

#14 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the middle class is taking home a smaller share of the overall income pie than has ever been recorded before.

#15 There are now 20.2 million Americans that spend more than half of their incomes on housing.  That represents a 46 percent increase from 2001.

#16 Low income families spend about 8.6 percent of their incomes on gasoline.  Other families spend about 2.1 percent.

#17 In 1999, 64.1 percent of all Americans were covered by employment-based health insurance.  Today, only 55.1 percent are covered by employment-based health insurance.

#18 According to one survey, 77 percent of all Americans are now living paycheck to paycheck at least part of the time.

#19 Millions of working poor families in America end up taking on debt in a desperate attempt to stay afloat, but before too long they find themselves in a debt trap that they can never escape.  According to a recent article in the New York Times, the average debt burden for U.S. households that earn $20,000 a year or less "more than doubled to $26,000 between 2001 and 2010".

#20 In 1989, the debt to income ratio of the average American family was about 58 percent.  Today it is up to 154 percent.

#21 According to the Economic Policy Institute, the wealthiest one percent of all Americans households on average have 288 times the amount of wealth that the average middle class American family does.

#22 In the United States today, the wealthiest one percent of all Americans have a greater net worth than the bottom 90 percent combined.

#23 According to Forbes, the 400 wealthiest Americans have more wealth than the bottom 150 million Americans combined.

#24 The six heirs of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton have a net worth that is roughly equal to the bottom 30 percent of all Americans combined.

#25 Sadly, the bottom 60 percent of all Americans own just 2.3 percent of all the financial wealth in the United States.

#26 The average CEO now makes approximately 350 times as much as the average American worker makes.

#27 Corporate profits as a percentage of GDP are at an all-time high.  Meanwhile, wages as a percentage of GDP are near an all-time low.

#28 Today, 40 percent of all Americans have $500 or less in savings.

#29 The number of families in the United States living on 2 dollars a day or less more than doubled between 1996 and 2011.

#30 The number of Americans on food stamps has grown from 17 million in the year 2000 to more than 47 million today.

#31 Back in the 1970s, about one out of every 50 Americans was on food stamps.  Today, about one out of every 6.5 Americans is on food stamps.

#32 More than one out of every four children in the United States is enrolled in the food stamp program.

#33 Incredibly, a higher percentage of children is living in poverty in America today than was the case back in 1975.

#34 If you can believe it, the federal government hands out money to 128 million Americans every single month.

#35 Federal spending on welfare has reached nearly a trillion dollars a year, and it is being projected that it will increase by another 80 percent over the next decade.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/35-statistics-about-the-working-poor-in-america-that-will-blow-your-mind
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 04:09:06 am »

More Than 101 Million Working Age Americans Do Not Have A Job

The jobs recovery is a complete and total myth.  The percentage of the working age population in the United States that had a job in March 2013 was exactly the same as it was all the way back in March 2010.  In addition, as you will see below, there are now more than 101 million working age Americans that do not have a job.  But even though the employment level in the United States has consistently remained very low over the past three years, the Obama administration keeps telling us that unemployment is actually going down.  In fact, they tell us that the unemployment rate has declined from a peak of 10.0% all the way down to 7.6%.  And they tell us that in March the unemployment rate fell by 0.1% even though only 88,000 jobs were added to the U.S. economy.  But it takes at least 125,000 new jobs a month just to keep up with population growth.  So how in the world are they coming up with these numbers?  Well, the reality is that the entire decline in the unemployment rate over the past three years can be accounted for by the reduction in size of the labor force.  In other words, the Obama administration is getting unemployment to go down by pretending that millions upon millions of unemployed Americans simply do not want jobs anymore.  We saw this once again in March.  According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 600,000 Americans dropped out of the labor market during that month alone.  That pushed the labor force participation rate down  to 63.3%, which is the lowest it has been in more than 30 years.  So please don't believe the hype.  The sad truth is that there has been no jobs recovery whatsoever.

If things were getting better, there would not be more than 101 million working age Americans without a job.

So exactly where does that statistic come from?  Well, the following explains where I got that number...

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are 11,742,000 working age Americans that are officially unemployed.

In addition, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics says that there are 89,967,000 working age Americans that are "not in the labor force".  That is a new all-time record, and that number increased by a whopping 663,000 during the month of March alone.

When you add 11,742,000 working age Americans that are officially unemployed to the 89,967,000 working age Americans that are "not in the labor force", you come up with a grand total of 101,709,000 working age Americans that do not have a job.

When you stop and think about it, that is an absolutely staggering statistic.

And anyone that tells you that "a higher percentage of Americans are working today" is telling you a complete and total lie.  During the last recession the percentage of working age Americans with a job fell dramatically, and since then we have not seen that number bounce back at all.  In fact, this is the very first time in the post-World War II era that we have not seen the employment-population ratio bounce back after a recession.  At this point, the employment-population ratio has been under 60 percent for 49 months in a row...

Employment-Population Ratio 2013

Since the end of 2009, the employment-population ratio has been remarkably steady.  Just check out these numbers...

March 2008: 62.7 percent

March 2009: 59.9 percent

March 2010: 58.5 percent

March 2011: 58.4 percent

March 2012: 58.5 percent

March 2013: 58.5 percent

We should be thankful that the percentage of working age Americans with a job did not continue to decline, but we should also be quite alarmed that it has not bounced back at all.

If there was going to be a recovery, there would have been one by now.  The next major economic downturn is rapidly approaching, and that is going to push the employment-population ratio down even farther.

So why is the U.S. economy not producing as many jobs as it used to?  Well, certainly the overall decline of the economy has a lot to do with it.  We are a nation that is drowning in debt and that is getting poorer by the day.

But since the end of the last recession, corporate profits have bounced back in a big way and are now at an all-time high.  So you would figure that the big corporations should be able to hire a lot more workers by now.

Unfortunately, that is not the way things work anymore.  Big corporations are trying to minimize the number of expensive American workers that they have on their payrolls as much as possible these days.

One way that they are doing this is through the use of technology.  Thanks to robots, computers and other forms of technology, big corporations simply do not need as many human workers as they used to.  In future years, this trend is only going to accelerate.  I wrote about how this is changing the world of employment in one of my previous articles entitled "Rise Of The Droids: Will Robots Eventually Steal All Of Our Jobs?"

Another way that big corporations are replacing expensive American workers is by shipping their jobs off to the other side of the globe.  Big corporations know that they can make bigger profits by making stuff in foreign countries where they can pay workers less than a dollar an hour with no benefits.  How in the world are American workers supposed to compete with that?

For much more on how U.S. jobs are being killed by offshoring, please see this article: "55 Reasons Why You Should Buy Products That Are Made In America".

And of course immigration is having a dramatic impact on the labor market in some areas of the country as well.  Cheap labor has dramatically driven down wages in a lot of professions.  For example, once upon a time you could live a very nice middle class lifestyle as a roofer.  But now many roofers really struggle to make a living.

When you add everything up, it paints a very bleak picture for the future of the American worker.

The cost of living keeps rising much faster than wages do, and the competition for good jobs has become incredibly fierce.

Meanwhile, the government continues to make things even easier for those that are not working.  This has caused some Americans to give up completely and to be content with letting the government take care of them.  The following is from a recent article by Monty Pelerin...

As we make it easier to get unemployment benefits for longer time periods, more people take advantage of the system. So too with food stamps and disability. All programs are at or near record levels in what is supposed to be four years into an economic recovery. For many, the benefits of becoming a government dependent exceed what they can earn. One study reported that a family of four, collecting all the benefits for which they were entitled, would have to earn $65,000 per annum to have the same after-tax purchasing power.

If you are a product of the government schools and are legal to work (i.e., have skills enough that you are affordable at the minimum wage or higher), at what point do you realize that there is no need to go through the hassle of actual work. You can live pretty well by staying home and taking advantage of the entitlements available to you. That is exactly what a larger and larger percentage of the population are realizing. In many cases, it is economically irrational to work.

This behavior creates a social pathology that only worsens over time. Kids learn from their parents that work is not necessary and the many ways to game the system. In this regard, look for this problem to become worse over time unless these programs are cut back.

In some areas of the country, it actually pays not to work very hard.  According to Gary Alexander, the Secretary of Public Welfare for the state of Pennsylvania, a "single mom is better off earnings gross income of $29,000 with $57,327 in net income & benefits than to earn gross income of $69,000 with net income and benefits of $57,045."

But the truth is that most Americans still want to work hard and would gladly take a good job if they could just find one.  The following is one example that was featured in a recent Fox News article...

After a full year of fruitless job hunting, Natasha Baebler just gave up.

She'd already abandoned hope of getting work in her field, working with the disabled. But she couldn't land anything else, either — not even a job interview at a telephone call center.

Until she feels confident enough to send out resumes again, she'll get by on food stamps and disability checks from Social Security and live with her parents in St. Louis.

"I'm not proud of it," says Baebler, who is in her mid-30s and is blind. "The only way I'm able to sustain any semblance of self-preservation is to rely on government programs that I have no desire to be on."

And that is how most Americans feel.

Most Americans do not want to be dependent on the government.

Most Americans want to work hard and take care of themselves.

Unfortunately, our economy is not producing nearly enough jobs for everyone and it never will again.

So there will continue to be millions upon millions of Americans that find that they cannot take care of themselves and their families without government assistance no matter how hard they try.

And this is just the beginning - things are going to get much worse during the next major wave of the economic collapse.

Yes, at the moment there are more than 101 million working age Americans that do not have a job, but that number is actually going to go much higher in the years ahead.  The anger and frustration caused by a lack of employment opportunities is going to shake this nation.

That is why it is important to try to become less dependent on your own job.  In this economic environment, a job can disappear at literally any moment.  Anything that you can do to become less dependent on the system would be a good thing.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/more-than-101-million-working-age-americans-do-not-have-a-job
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 07:14:45 am »

The Decline Of Breadwinner Jobs Has Resulted In The Longest Bread Lines In American History

As the number of good jobs continues to decline, the number of Americans that cannot take care of themselves without government assistance continues to explode.  On Friday, we learned that the U.S. economy added "195,000 jobs" last month.  But when you look deeper at the numbers, another story emerges.  Last month, the U.S. economy actually lost 240,000 full-time jobs.  Overall, the U.S. economy has only added 130,000 full-time jobs in 2013, but it takes about 90,000 full-time jobs a month just to keep up with population growth.  So we are losing quite a bit of ground as far as full-time jobs are concerned.  Meanwhile, the U.S. economy has added more than 500,000 part-time jobs so far this year.  Unfortunately, there are very, very few part-time and temp jobs that can be considered "breadwinner jobs".  Part-time jobs are great for teenagers, university students and elderly people that only want to work a limited number of hours, but what most Americans need are good paying full-time jobs with benefits that will allow them to take care of their families.  Unfortunately, those jobs are continually becoming a smaller part of our economy.

As David Stockman has noted, the U.S. economy has only regained 200,000 of the 5.6 million breadwinner jobs that were lost during the last recession...

By September 2012, the S&P 500 was up by 115 percent from its recession lows and had recovered all of its losses from the peak of the second Greenspan bubble. By contrast, only 200,000 of the 5.6 million lost breadwinner jobs had been recovered by that same point in time. To be sure, the Fed’s Wall Street shills breathlessly reported the improved jobs “print” every month, picking and choosing starting and ending points and using continuously revised and seasonally maladjusted data to support that illusion. Yet the fundamentals with respect to breadwinner jobs could not be obfuscated.

This is a big problem.  As I wrote about the other day, the quality of jobs in America is falling very fast.  Only 47 percent of all adults in the United States have a full-time job at this point, and 53 percent of all American workers make less than $30,000 a year.

Meanwhile, the number of part-time jobs has hit an all-time record high, and the number of temp jobs is absolutely exploding.

Incredibly, the number of temp jobs has increased by more than 50 percent since the end of the recession.  Approximately 10 percent of the jobs lost during the last recession were temp jobs, but close to 20 percent of the jobs gained since then have been temp jobs.

We are witnessing a fundamental shift in our economy.  Full-time jobs are on the decline.  Part-time and temp jobs are on the rise.

In fact, the second largest employer in the United States is now a temp agency.  Kelly Services has become the second largest employer in the country after Wal-Mart.

But it is really hard to pay the bills stocking shelves at Wal-Mart or working temp jobs for Kelly Services.

Unfortunately, these days millions of American workers find themselves having to take whatever they can find.  We live during a period of chronic unemployment.  In fact, according to John Williams of shadowstats.com, unemployment in the United States is now higher than it was at any point during the last recession after you factor in discouraged workers and workers that have taken part-time jobs for economic reasons.

So why don't more Americans go out and start businesses and create their own jobs?

Unfortunately, thanks to the federal government, state governments and local governments, the environment for small businesses in America today is incredibly toxic.  In fact, the percentage of self-employed workers in this country is at an all-time record low.

As a result of everything that I have discussed above, more Americans than ever find that they cannot take care of themselves without government assistance.

I have often written about the fact that the number of Americans on food stamps has skyrocketed in recent years.  In the year 2000, there were only 17 million Americans on food stamps.  Today, there are more than 47 million Americans on food stamps.

But the number of Americans that are dependent on our "modern day bread lines" is actually far higher than that.

According to a recent CNS News article, a total of 101 million Americans are enrolled in food assistance programs.  The following are some of the staggering numbers for some of these programs...

The National School Lunch program provides 32 million students with low-cost or no-cost meals daily; 10.6 million participate in the School Breakfast Program; and 8.9 million receive benefits from the Woman, Infants and Children (WIC) program each month, the latter designed for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, as well as children younger than 5 years old.

In addition, 3.3 million children at day care centers receive snacks through the Child and Adult Care Food Program.

There’s also a Special Milk Program for schools and a Summer Food Service Program, through which 2.3 million children received aid in July 2011 during summer vacation.

At farmer’s markets, 864,000 seniors receive benefits to purchase food and 1.9 million women and children use coupons from the program.

Yes, there is some overlap in some of these programs.  So the actual number of Americans receiving food assistance is going to be less than 101 million.

But clearly something has gone horribly wrong.  Our economy is not producing enough good jobs, and more Americans than ever cannot take care of themselves as a result.

This is not normal.  What we are witnessing is the slow-motion collapse of the middle class.  The number of Americans that are dependent on the government for their daily bread is so large that it is difficult to comprehend.  The following are a few statistics from my recent article entitled "21 Facts About Rising Government Dependence In America That Will Blow Your Mind"...

-Back in the 1970s, about one out of every 50 Americans was on food stamps.  Today, about one out of every 6.5 Americans is on food stamps.

-Today, the number of Americans on food stamps exceeds the entire population of the nation of Spain.

-According to one calculation, the number of Americans on food stamps now exceeds the combined populations of “Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.”

You can read the rest of that article right here.

So what is the solution?

Well, we need a lot more full-time "breadwinner jobs" that will enable men and women to be able to take care of their families.

Unfortunately, we continue to ship millions of good jobs overseas, and our politicians continue to pursue policies which are making the business environment in this country very toxic.

There is not going to be any easy way to fix all of this.  We should have seen a nice bounce in the employment numbers during this so-called "recovery", but that did not happen.  And now the next wave of the economic collapse is rapidly approaching, and the employment crisis in this country is going to become a lot more painful.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/the-decline-of-breadwinner-jobs-has-resulted-in-the-longest-bread-lines-in-american-history
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 02:30:13 pm »

But clearly something has gone horribly wrong.  Our economy is not producing enough good jobs, and more Americans than ever cannot take care of themselves as a result.

Indeed it has! Blame it on, "the love of money..."

The biggest reason is money, or the lack thereof, and that's because the government takes so much from citizens, only to turn around and hand it back out, selectively, to those the government deems worthy of "their" assistance.

You don't play by the government rules, no fed money for you, is the game they play.

And part of that game is to convince the people that the federal government is the "caretaker" of the country. BULL. It is not.

The fact is, the federal level of government has very little authority, constitutionally speaking. Pretty much everything is a state issue to be handled by the residents of each state as those residents see fit, based on their own state constitution, which is in effect the US Constitution. This is why some state constitutions includes word for word the national constitution.

http://www.usconstitution.net/stateconst.html

http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2010/10/the-4-differences-between-the-federal-and-state-constitutions/

What is a state constitution?

Any intelligent discussion of these reform efforts and issues requires and understanding of state constitutions themselves, and the variety of ways in which they differ from the more familiar federal constitution. State constitutions are, however, low-visibility constitutions.

When talking about state constitutions, it is often difficult to generalize. Many will feel a familiarity with some state constitutions because of similarities with the federal Constitution. But there are many differences, as well. Here are four of them.

1. State constitutions perform different functions (generally limit plenary powers rather than grant enumerated powers), have different origins (from the people themselves), and have a different (longer) form

2. State constitutions contain many more policy-oriented provisions, built up over time, as well as provisions concerning the character, virtue and even morality of the state’s people. In fact, state constitutions are more democratic than the federal constitution in that they involve the citizenry in approving their amendment and revision, voting to approve borrowing, and in many states like Iowa, electing judges.

3. State constitutions better reflect the input of the alternative voices of African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans and women—voices that have had little impact on the federal Constitution. The differences can obscure one of the most fundamental aspects of state constitutions: the significant impact that a number of them adopted before the federal Constitution, had on our national legal charter.

4. The mechanisms of revision. While there is but one, relatively difficult, way to amend the federal Constitution, amendments or revisions of state constitutions can be accomplished through legislative, constitutional convention or constitutional commission proposals, as well as by initiative in some states.

There are substantial political difficulties today with state constitutional amendment and revision, including popular distrust of constitutional conventions and other constitution-making processes. Further, there is extensive judicial involvement in litigation considering the substance and procedure of state constitutional amendment and revision. Some processes of state constitutional change can only be utilized, for example, to amend the state constitution but not to revise it.
New Judicial Federalism

One of the more recent developments that has helped create a rebirth in state constitutional study and practice is the growth of what is known as the New Judicial Federalism (NJF), in which attorneys and others mine state constitutions for interpretations that offer more protective rights than similar provisions of the federal Constitution.
Too many state courts fail to acknowledge the difference between state and federal rights protections.

Justice William Brennan helped energize this movement when he called states “laboratories of democracy.” This raises the potential for dual, or dueling, claims in state and federal court, which implicate a number of methodology issues, including the sequencing of arguments and development of criteria for recognizing rights beyond the federal minimum standards. Too many state courts fail to acknowledge the possible difference between state and federal rights protections, and others present “lockstepping,” in which they announce that, in the future, the state and federal rights provisions will be interpreted identically or similarly. (cont.)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 05:24:30 am »

Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% In 30 Days

Outside of the federal government's Bureau of Labor statistics, the Gallup polling organization also tracks the nation's unemployment rate. While the BLS and Gallup findings might not always perfectly align, the trends almost always do and the small statistical differences just haven't been worthy of note. But now Gallup is showing a sizable 30 day jump in the unemployment rate, from 7.7% on July 21 to 8.9% today.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/21/Gallup-Unemployment-jumped-from-77-to-89
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 10:10:25 am »

Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% In 30 Days

Outside of the federal government's Bureau of Labor statistics, the Gallup polling organization also tracks the nation's unemployment rate. While the BLS and Gallup findings might not always perfectly align, the trends almost always do and the small statistical differences just haven't been worthy of note. But now Gallup is showing a sizable 30 day jump in the unemployment rate, from 7.7% on July 21 to 8.9% today.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/21/Gallup-Unemployment-jumped-from-77-to-89

BOTH of these polls are wrong - the unemployment rate is higher than even that Gallup poll, and has been in recent years.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 03:43:16 pm »

I tend to agree that the numbers are rather...uh...disingenuous. Okay, why mince words, they are lies.

For business, things have been going great, for those who tow the line.

Individual citizens? It's a nightmare that is just getting started. And we are already seeing the trickle down effect through layoffs and employees and spouses being dropped from medical coverage, like at UPS, and claiming it's Obamacare.

Not sure how much effect it has actually had to this point, but it's not stopping companies and state insurance from going proactive in their changes.

Here in Arizona, I just had confirmed yesterday that my application to the state for coverage for my medical was turned down, solely because I'm over 18 and have no kids in the house. So what do I do about the MASSIVE bills that are coming? As it stands, we cannot pay anywhere near what the bills will be. We really cannot afford any medical coverage, even for the wife at her job, which is a complete insulting joke of coverage with a $10,000 co-pay BEFORE any coverage kicks in at all. So effectively, we have to pay 10 grand up front before ANY bills are covered at all.

Then there is the monthly cost of the coverage, which is over $200/month just for my wife as an employee. It's over $400/month with me, IF they would cover me, which they won't because of previous heart history! My medical history makes me basically uninsurable at any price other than full cash pay out of pocket. My heart bills alone I have no doubt will be north of $150,000 for a double bypass surgery.

So now I get to sit back and watch God work miracles because that is what it's going to take for us to get through this one!

What the US government is doing about this is going to destroy A LOT of families! Thank God we have made the effort to be wise with what we have as best we can, and try to keep any expenses to a minimum. We can't cut much more, as there isn't much left we can cut. And we sure cannot cut enough to make up the difference in two lifetimes.

I truly feel for those without faith, because they are on the verge of getting old school slammed financially, and I honestly believe some people will die directly as a result of the US government's love of money and just pure wickedness.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 06:06:31 am »

the real number is over 20%.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/heres-the-real-unemployment-rate-2/

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 06:48:14 am »

The Number Of Private Sector Jobs Fell By 278,000 Last Month But The Economy Is Getting Better?

Have you heard about the "wonderful" employment numbers that were just released?  Last month, the unemployment rate declined to 7.3 percent.  Somehow this happened even though the percentage of working age Americans with a job actually declined and the number of private sector workers fell by 278,000.  So how did the federal government magically produce a drop in the unemployment rate even though less people have jobs?  Well, they did it by pretending that more than half a million Americans "dropped out of the labor force" last month.  If the government is to be believed, the number of Americans that want to work dropped by an astounding 516,000 in a single month even though the population of our country is constantly increasing.  The federal government continues to feed us absolutely absurd numbers month after month, and at this point "the official unemployment rate" is essentially meaningless.

But that doesn't mean that Barack Obama is about to drop the charade.  In fact, he continues to insist that the economy is getting better.  The following is an excerpt from one of Obama's recent weekly radio addresses...

Over the past four and a half years, we’ve fought our way back from the worst recession of our lifetimes. And thanks to the grit and resilience of the American people, we’ve begun to lay a foundation for stronger, more durable economic growth.

Oh really?

Does he actually believe that anyone is still buying what he is saying?

The cold, hard truth is that the U.S. economy has not recovered while Obama has been in the White House.  If you doubt this, please see my previous article entitled "33 Shocking Facts Which Show How Badly The Economy Has Tanked Since Obama Became President".

Since World War II, the percentage of working age Americans that is employed had always bounced back dramatically after a recession ended.

Unfortunately, that has not happened this time.

As you can see from the chart posted below, the percentage of working age Americans with a job has stayed below 59 percent since late 2009.  This chart reflects the most recent employment numbers...

So where is the recovery Obama?

Can he possibly put a positive spin on the chart above?

Of course not.

The truth is that the official unemployment rate should still be up around 10 percent like it was a few years ago.

But that wouldn't make Obama look very good, would it?  So the U.S. government has been pretending that millions upon millions of Americans have been "leaving the labor force".  This has pushed the labor force participation rate to a 35-year-low...

At this point, we have more than 90 million Americans that are considered to be "not in the labor force"...

On Friday, the BLS reported that the 90,473,000 Americans not currently in the labor force marked the first time the figure exceeded the 90 million threshold.

In January 2009, when President Obama first took office, there were 80.5 million Americans 16 years and older not in the labor force, meaning the number of Americans not in the labor force has increased 10 million during his presidency.

For men, the BLS reported the labor force participation rate, the percentage of the population working or considered looking for work, was 63.2 percent in August, basically unchanged from 63.5 percent in July. It’s also a record low.

How low can that number possibly go?

Meanwhile, the quality of our jobs continues to decline rapidly as well.  If you can believe it, at this point more than 40 percent of all U.S. workers actually make less than what a full-time minimum wage worker made back in 1968.

As a result, the U.S. middle class is steadily dying.  The following is from a recent Yahoo article...

It’s the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about…

The middle class in the U.S. economy is on the verge of collapse. Yes, I said collapse. That social class that once helped the U.S. economy grow and prosper is coming apart. Will the U.S. economy ever be the same without it or is this the new norm?

For much more on this, please see my previous article entitled "44 Facts About The Death Of The Middle Class That Every American Should Know".

And unfortunately, things look like they may start getting a lot worse for ordinary Americans.

There are a couple of major events which could potentially cause our economic decline to accelerate greatly in September...

#1 Fed Tapering

Right now, there is not much demand for U.S. Treasury bonds.  Foreigners have become net sellers of U.S. Treasuries and domestic demand has become quite weak.  Without the Federal Reserve buying up tens of billions of dollars worth of U.S. Treasuries each month, where will the demand come from?

That is a very good question.  If the Fed starts to taper quantitative easing in September, that is almost certainly going to send bond yields soaring.  Already, bond yields have been rising steadily, and if they get too high it is going to be absolutely disastrous for the U.S. economy.

#2 War With Syria

If the U.S. attacks Syria, it will likely cause financial markets all over the planet to descend into chaos and send the price of oil skyrocketing.

And that assumes that the conflict is limited to only the United States and Syria.  If Syria decides to retaliate by launching missiles at Israeli cities, that will set off a major regional war in the Middle East and the consequences for the global economy will be off the charts.

So as bad as the U.S. economy is right now, the truth is that things could easily get much, much worse.

Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/the-number-of-private-sector-jobs-fell-by-278000-last-month-but-the-economy-is-getting-better
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 05:29:12 am »

All-Time High Unemployment: The Economic Depression In Europe Just Keeps Getting Deeper

The unemployment rate in the eurozone is higher than it has ever been before.  This week we learned that eurozone unemployment came in at an all-time high of 12.2 percent for September.  Back in January 2012, it was sitting at just 10.4 percent.  So anyone that believes that "things are getting better" in Europe is just being delusional.  In fact, the economic depression in Europe just keeps getting deeper.  The funny thing is that the mainstream media will barely call what is going on in Europe a "recession" even though the unemployment rates in both Spain and Greece are now much higher than anything that the United States ever experienced during the "Great Depression" of the 1930s.  There haven't been as many headlines about the financial crisis in Europe lately because the ECB has been papering over the debt problems of the periphery (at least for the moment), but the economic conditions on the ground for average Europeans just continue to get even worse.  Later on in this article, you will read about a 25-year-old Spanish man with three college degrees that moved to London in a desperate search for a job who is now cleaning up poop for a living.  The economic collapse of Europe continues to march on, and there is no end in sight.

All you have to do is look at the latest unemployment numbers to realize that things are getting worse in Europe.

In Italy, the unemployment rate is up to 12.5 percent.

In January 2012, less than two years ago, it was sitting at just 8.9 percent.

In Greece, the unemployment rate is up to an astounding 27.6 percent.

In January 2012, it was sitting at just 21.4 percent.

In Spain, the unemployment rate is up to 26.6 percent.

In January 2012, it was sitting at just 22.8 percent, and all the way back in January 2008 it was just 8.6 percent.

The youth unemployment statistics in the eurozone are even more horrifying...

Unemployment among the under-25s rose by 22,000 in September to 3,548,000 – nudging up youth jobless rate to 24.1%. In France, the youth jobless rate jumped from 25.6% to 26.1%, while in Italy it increased from 40.2% to 40.4%.

But as bad as those numbers are, they are nothing compared to what is going on in Spain and Greece.  In Spain, the youth unemployment rate is up to 56.5 percent, and in Greece the youth unemployment rate is up to 57.3 percent.

And of course unemployment is not the only problem that the European economy is dealing with right now.  The following are some more facts about the European economy that show that the economic depression in Europe just keeps getting deeper...

-European car sales are on pace to hit a 23 year low in 2013.

-The percentage of "bad loans" in Spain has soared to a new all-time record high.

-The number of mortgage applications in Spain has fallen 90 percent since the peak of the market.

-Citigroup is projecting that the unemployment rate in Greece will reach 32 percent in 2015.

-Over the last several years, Italy has experienced the biggest collapse in GDP growth that it has ever seen.  Overall, the GDP of Italy has contracted by about 8 percent since 2008.

-The number of unemployed workers in Cyprus is now five times higher than it was before the financial crisis of 2008.

-It is being projected that Spain's debt to GDP ratio will rise to nearly 100 percent by the end of next year.

-The debt to GDP ratio of Portugal is already up to 123 percent.

-The debt to GDP ratio of Italy is already up to 127 percent.

-Even though Greece has implemented a whole host of "austerity measures", the debt to GDP ratio of Greece is now up to 156 percent.

But what these numbers cannot really communicate is the tremendous amount of pain and despair that millions upon millions of Europeans are experiencing right now.

For example, consider the story of Benjamin Serra Bosch, a 25-year-old Spanish man that moved to London in a desperate search for a job.  He has three college degrees, including a Master's Degree from the IEBS Business School in Barcelona.  The following is a rough translation of a message that he recently posted on Facebook...

My name is Benjamín Serra, I have two bachelor degrees and a master's degree, and I clean toilets.

No, it is not a joke. I do it to pay the rent for my room in London.

I've been working in a famous chain of cafes in the United Kingdom since May, and for the first time today, after 5 months working there, I see it clearly. I have been cleaning toilets. My thought was: "I received distinction in my two degrees and I clean other peoples' poop in a country that isn't my own." Well, I also make coffee, clean the tables and wash cups.

And I am not ashamed to do so. Cleaning is a very decent job. What embarrasses me is having to do so because no one has given me an opportunity in Spain. Like me, there are many Spaniards, especially in London. "You are a plague," I was told once here. And let's not kid ourselves. We are not young people on an adventure to learn the language and have new experiences. We are immigrants.

I've always been very proud, I am not going to deny. Those who know me, you know. And I have to bust out a smile at customers who look over my shoulder as I am simply a "barista" (as they call it here). Some are so outrageous that it makes me want to pull out my University and master degrees and put them in their face. But it would not really do anything.  It appears that those titles now only serve to clean the poop that I clean from the toilets in the cafe. A pity.

I thought that it deserved something better after putting so much effort in my academic life. It seems that I was wrong.

As economic conditions continue to decline all over Europe, anger and frustration with the "European experiment" continue to grow.  UKIP's Nigel Farage expressed these sentiments very eloquently during a speech on the 23rd of October when he stated that "what we are saying, large numbers of us from every single EU member state is: we don't want that flag, we don't want the anthem that you all stood so ram-rod straight for yesterday, we don't want EU passports, we don't want political union."

Unfortunately, the elite of Europe are so obsessed with their little experiment that the only "solutions" to these economic problems that they are even willing to consider involve even more European integration.

And Americans certainly should not be looking down their noses at what is happening in Europe.

What is going on in Italy, France, Spain and Greece will be coming here soon enough.  In fact, even during the midst of this so-called "economic recovery", poverty continues to absolutely explode in the United States.

Economic conditions in both the United States and Europe have never even gotten close to where they were prior to 2008, and now the next major wave of the economic collapse is rapidly approaching.

This is just the beginning.  Things are going to get much worse in the years ahead.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/all-time-high-unemployment-the-economic-depression-in-europe-just-keeps-getting-deeper
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 05:47:03 am »

10 Facts About The Growing Unemployment Crisis In America That Will Blow Your Mind

Did you know that there are more than 102 million working age Americans that do not have a job?  Yes, I know that number sounds absolutely crazy, but it is true.  Right now, there are more than 11 million Americans that are considered to be "officially unemployed", and there are more than 91 million Americans that are not employed and that are considered to be "not in the labor force".  When you add those two numbers together, the total is more than 102 million.  Overall, the number of working age Americans that do not have a job has increased by about 27 million since the year 2000.  But aren't things getting better?  After all, the mainstream media is full of headlines about how "good" the jobs numbers for October were.  Sadly, the truth is that the mainstream media is not being straight with the American people.  As you will see below, we are in the midst of a long-term unemployment crisis in America, and things got even worse last month.

In this day and age, it is absolutely imperative that people start thinking for themselves.  Just because the media tells you that something is true does not mean that it actually is.  If unemployment was actually going down, the percentage of the working age population that has a job should actually be going up.  As you are about to see, that is simply not the case.  The following are 10 facts about the growing unemployment crisis in America that will blow your mind...

#1 The percentage of working age Americans with a job fell to 58.3 percent in October.  The lowest that number has been at any point since the year 2000 is 58.2 percent.  In other words, there has been absolutely no "jobs recovery".  During the last recession, the civilian employment-population ratio dropped from about 63 percent to below 59 percent and it has stayed there for 50 months in a row.  Will the percentage of working age Americans with a job soon drop below the 58 percent mark?...

#2 The U.S. economy lost 623,000 full-time jobs last month.  But we are being told to believe that the economy is actually getting "better".

#3 The number of American women with a job fell by 357,000 during the month of October.

#4 The average duration of unemployment in October 2013 was nearly three times as long as it was in October 2000.

#5 The number of Americans "not in the labor force" increased by an astounding 932,000 during October.  In other words, the Obama administration would have us believe that nearly a million people "disappeared" from the U.S. labor force in a single month.

#6 The number of Americans "not in the labor force" has grown by more than 11 million since Barack Obama first entered the White House.

#7 In October, the U.S. labor force participation rate fell from 63.2 percent to 62.8 percent.  It is now the lowest that it has been since 1978.  Below is a chart which shows how the labor force participation rate has been steadily declining since the year 2000.  How can the economy be "healthy" if the percentage of Americans that are participating in the labor force is continually declining?...

#8 If the labor force participation rate was still at the same level it was at when Barack Obama was elected in 2008, the official unemployment rate would be about 11 percent right now.

#9 Even if you are working, that does not mean that you are able to take care of yourself and your family without any help.  In fact, approximately one out of every four part-time workers in America is living below the poverty line.

#10 In January 2000, there were 75 million working age Americans that did not have a job.  Today, there are 102 million working age Americans that do not have a job.

So what are our politicians doing to fix this?

Shouldn't they be working night and day to solve this crisis?

After all, Barack Obama once made the following promise to the American people...

"But I want you all to know, I will not rest until anybody who's looking for a job can find one -- and I'm not talking about just any job, but good jobs that give every American decent wages and decent benefits and a fair shot at the American Dream."
Unfortunately, things have not improved since Obama made that promise, but he has found the time to play 150 rounds of golf since he has been president.

Meanwhile, because there aren't enough jobs, the number of Americans living in poverty continues to grow.

As I wrote about the other day, according to new numbers that were just released an all-time high 49.7 million Americans are living in poverty.

And right now 1.2 million public school students in the United States are homeless.  For many more statistics like this, please see my previous article entitled "29 Incredible Facts Which Prove That Poverty In America Is Absolutely Exploding".

The only thing that most Americans have to offer in the marketplace is their labor.  If they can't find a job, they don't have any other way to take care of themselves and their families.

The future of the middle class in America depends upon the creation of good jobs.  It really doesn't matter how far the quantitative easing that the Federal Reserve has been doing pumps up the current stock market bubble.  The American people were told that "economic stimulus" was the reason for doing all of this reckless money printing, but the percentage of working age Americans with a job is now actually lower than it was four years ago.  Quantitative easing has been a complete and total failure in the job creation department, and it is doing a tremendous amount of long-term damage to our financial system.

The really frightening thing is that the Federal Reserve and the federal government have supposedly been doing all they can to try to "create jobs" and they have utterly failed.  In fact, this is the first time in the post-World War II era that we have not seen an employment recovery following a recession.

And now the next wave of the economic collapse is rapidly approaching.  What that hits us, millions more Americans will lose their jobs.

So the truth is that this is just the beginning of the unemployment crisis in America.

Yes, things are bad now, but soon they will get much worse.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/10-facts-about-the-growing-unemployment-crisis-in-america-that-will-blow-your-mind
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 08:56:03 am »

#10 In January 2000, there were 75 million working age Americans that did not have a job.  Today, there are 102 million working age Americans that do not have a job.

This seems to have been the "new norm" since the turn of the 21st Century - it was in 2000 when Bill Clinton warned there would be a downturn in the economy(that same year was also the infamous "nail-biting" Prez election year that went to the USSC), after an entire decade of "prosperity". Sounded like he was trying to telegraph a punch for the 21st Century.

"But I want you all to know, I will not rest until anybody who's looking for a job can find one -- and I'm not talking about just any job, but good jobs that give every American decent wages and decent benefits and a fair shot at the American Dream."

There was never no "American Dream" - the biggest deception of all of this was that dangling carrot of debt thrown at everyone.

Also - was driving around the DFW metroplex yesterday - my dad commented to me how he's surprised they still can afford to build things(ie-making vast improvements to highways, roads, etc) despite this awful economy we're in.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 06:38:00 am »

1,500 Applicants for 50 Jobs? The Reality in America Today

In New York last week, 1,500 people lined up for 50 apprenticeship positions as painters and decorators. These are union jobs, and only 500 applications are being accepted. Some hopefuls lined up in front of the District Council 9 office for days in extremely cold weather. If they are able to get the job, they will receive $17.20 an hour during the first year. After one year, they may get hired as a full-time employee. (Source: Eyewitness News, January 10, 2014.) This equates to about $37,000 per year considering one would work 40 hours a week.

Hold on a second: I thought the jobs market was strong in the U.S. economy? How come we are seeing such massive lines for a very small number of jobs?

What I just mentioned above is not an isolated event. I have reported other events like this in these pages before—a large number of people applying for very few jobs. It’s a fact that continues to be ignored: the U.S. jobs market remains bleak and the better-paying jobs are just not there.

In the entire year of 2013, the total non-farm payroll jobs market grew by 2.03 million jobs. But the majority of these positions were created in low-paying jobs.

Retail trade jobs in the U.S. economy increased by 358,400 last year—about 18% of all jobs created in 2013. The well-paying sectors of the jobs market, such as construction and manufacturing, didn’t see as much growth: construction jobs increased by 98,000 and manufacturing jobs in the U.S. economy increased by 63,000 in 2013. Together, the higher-paying jobs made up less than eight percent of all the jobs created in 2013. (Source: Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis web site, last accessed January 13, 2014.)

When the phenomenon of low-paying work prevails in the jobs market, consumer spending eventually becomes a victim, as personal disposable incomes decline as people pay a higher percentage of their income towards necessities like rent.

Looking at all this, I must ask the question I have been asking for the past four years: has quantitative easing really worked? In 2013, the Federal Reserve printed $85.0 billion a month in new money—a total of $1.02 trillion in money out of nowhere.

Sadly, I believe quantitative easing failed (if you don’t include the effects of making the big banks stronger and pushing the stock market to new highs). We saw a spur of retail jobs in the U.S. jobs market created in 2013, but that’s about it for the average American Joe.

In a speech at the American Economic Association’s 2014 Annual Meeting, the president and CEO of the New York Federal Reserve said, “We don’t understand fully how large-scale asset purchase programs work to ease financial market conditions.” (Source: “Remarks at the American Economic Association 2014 Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania,” Federal Reserve Bank of New York, January 4, 2014.) Trillions of dollars after, this is the sad truth.

With the jobs market facing hurdles and quantitative easing not working as expected, the picture of the U.S. economy going forward doesn’t look so bright, as evidenced by the worst seven-day start to year that the stock market has encountered since 2005. (See “Stocks Off to the Worst Start for the Year Since 2005.”) 2014 could be the year the stock market bubble bursts.

http://www.profitconfidential.com/economic-analysis/1500-applicants-50-jobs-reality-america-today/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 06:04:32 am »

20 Facts About The Great U.S. Retail Apocalypse That Will Blow Your Mind

If the U.S. economy is getting better, then why are major retail chains closing thousands of stores?  If we truly are in an "economic recovery", then why do sales figures continue to go down for large retailers all over the country?  Without a doubt, the rise of Internet retailing giants such as Amazon.com have had a huge impact.  Today, there are millions of Americans that actually prefer to shop online.  Personally, when I published my novel I made it solely available on Amazon.  But Internet shopping alone does not account for the great retail apocalypse that we are witnessing.  In fact, some retail experts estimate that the Internet has accounted for only about 20 percent of the decline that we are seeing.  Most of the rest of it can be accounted for by the slow, steady death of the middle class U.S. consumer.  Median household income has declined for five years in a row, but all of our bills just keep going up.  That means that the amount of disposable income that average Americans have continues to shrink, and that is really bad news for retailers.

And sadly, this is just the beginning.  Retail experts are projecting that the pace of store closings will actually accelerate over the course of the next decade.

So as you read this list below, please take note that things will soon get even worse.

The following are 20 facts about the great U.S. retail apocalypse that will blow your mind...

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/20-facts-about-the-great-u-s-retail-apocalypse-that-will-blow-your-mind
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 01:23:21 pm »

The land be utterly desolate...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 06:48:32 am »

Shocking Facts About The Deindustrialization Of America That Everyone Should Know

How long can America continue to burn up wealth?  How long can this nation continue to consume far more wealth than it produces?  The trade deficit is one of the biggest reasons for the steady decline of the U.S. economy, but many Americans don't even understand what it is.  Basically, we are buying far more stuff from the rest of the world than they are buying from us.  That means that far more money is constantly leaving the country than is coming into the country.  In order to keep the game going, we have to go to the people that we bought all of that stuff from and ask them to lend our money back to us.  Or lately, we just have the Federal Reserve create new money out of thin air.  This is called "quantitative easing".  Our current debt-fueled lifestyle is dependent on this cycle continuing.  In order to live like we do, we must consume far more wealth than we produce.  If someday we are forced to only live on the wealth that we create, it will require a massive adjustment in our standard of living.  We have become great at consuming wealth but not so great at creating it.  But as a result of running gigantic trade deficits year after year, we have lost tens of thousands of businesses, millions upon millions of jobs, and America is being deindustrialized at a staggering pace.

Most Americans won't even notice, but the latest monthly trade deficit increased to 42.3 billion dollars...

read more: http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/shocking-facts-about-the-deindustrialization-of-america-that-everyone-should-know
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 11:52:27 am »

Shocking Facts About The Deindustrialization Of America That Everyone Should Know

How long can America continue to burn up wealth?  How long can this nation continue to consume far more wealth than it produces?  The trade deficit is one of the biggest reasons for the steady decline of the U.S. economy, but many Americans don't even understand what it is.  Basically, we are buying far more stuff from the rest of the world than they are buying from us.  That means that far more money is constantly leaving the country than is coming into the country.  In order to keep the game going, we have to go to the people that we bought all of that stuff from and ask them to lend our money back to us.  Or lately, we just have the Federal Reserve create new money out of thin air.  This is called "quantitative easing".  Our current debt-fueled lifestyle is dependent on this cycle continuing.  In order to live like we do, we must consume far more wealth than we produce.  If someday we are forced to only live on the wealth that we create, it will require a massive adjustment in our standard of living.  We have become great at consuming wealth but not so great at creating it.  But as a result of running gigantic trade deficits year after year, we have lost tens of thousands of businesses, millions upon millions of jobs, and America is being deindustrialized at a staggering pace.

Most Americans won't even notice, but the latest monthly trade deficit increased to 42.3 billion dollars...

read more: http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/shocking-facts-about-the-deindustrialization-of-america-that-everyone-should-know

Side note - this is the big problem with birthdays, xmas, etc - yes, they are pagan...but nonetheless how often do these "gifts" you get during these times are actually KEPT, even for a short while? Yeah, for the most part, they get thrown away after a couple of years or so, or even after a couple of months. Ultimately, it's nothing but junk that gets thrown during these times.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: