End Times and Current Events
April 20, 2024, 06:52:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What is "works"?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is "works"?  (Read 437 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2012, 09:59:28 am »

The reason why I'm starting this discussion here b/c this heretical doctrine of "works" salvation can be INCREDIBLY subtle - like ice cream, it comes in many, many different flavors(but it's all one and the same - poor for your health).

Just got a pm over at PPF from a brethren warning about a "Christian believer"(and a "KJV believer" to boot) over how he's been subtlely promoting works doctrine. I myself has had many discussions and interactions with this guy in numerous threads, while others have been pretty quick to point out his oozing in of "works" salvation(although I'll admit I have overlooked pretty badly).

With all the heretical doctrines oozing into the modern-day church, it seems like the "works" one has been the most subtle - while these "churches" may say we're saved by grace through faith in Jesus alone, they end up oozing in alot of this works nonsense afterwards. You have no idea over the junk I've heard for many years - tithing is one, it's mandantory for Christians to have a *pure heart* and to do this or that and to do not this or that is another, the list goes on.

Can we discuss some scriptures over how to point out this heresy? Also, to add to this, what really concerns me is that while the pews are being thrown this, it's these 99% "pastors", "deacons", and denominational leaders that end up acting wicked and having no love for the sheep, while the pews are expected to act as "model Christians".
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 10:19:43 am »

who's the guy?

Anyway, works salvation is something you have to do in order to pay off your sins. Like in the Sikh religion, they have to wear that silly sliver band. If you don't than you failed. Or as in ancient Israel, you had to make a sacrifice for your sins, if you didn't you failed.

People say there are works in Christianity, as James talks of works, but the works he talks about comes AFTER salvation. Or being baptized is a work, yet that too also comes AFTER salvation. There are no works, just belief and acceptance, than to just obey.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 10:37:53 am »

Saved without works of the law
Rom 4:5  But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Rom 9:32  Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Saved unto good works
Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
James 2:17  Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
James 2:20  But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
----------------------
We are saved by faith in Christ alone; once saved, the holy Spirit works in our lives to produce fruit/works.

No fruit demands a deeper look into one's faith.

2Cor 13:5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Titus 1:16  They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
2Pet 1:8  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pet 1:9  But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pet 1:10  Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 02:16:24 pm »

I looked that over, that is a charismatic teaching.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 02:42:14 pm »

Which are you referring to, I'm confused a bit - PG's post above, or what's said in the OP("works") Huh

oh, sorry, the PPF thread. The way he is talking it sounds just like some charismatic teachings i have heard. Wonder when he gets the fire? you should ask him.  Wink
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:49:01 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 02:48:11 pm »

I looked that over, that is a charismatic teaching.

Not surprising - didn't know it, but thank you for pointing that out. It's not surprising b/c charismaticism is rooted out of occultism, as are these false perverted bible versions 99% of churches in America use today. These false perverted versions lean works-based salvation, as does the modern-day church in America. And churches in America have pretty much embraced charismatics like Bill Bright and others in the NAR.

The One World Universal Church system is nigh...
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 02:49:50 pm »

oh, sorry, the PPF thread. They way he is talking it sounds just like some charismatic teachings i have heard. Wonder when he gets the fire? you should ask him.  Wink

OK thanks! Like said, it was very subtle b/c it was one of those "quiet slip ins"(while the rest of the post seemed ok doctrinally).
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 04:53:16 am »

Another verse that shows us that it is not about works. Notice the part, "...not of yourselves...".

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:" Ephesians 2:8 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 08:22:44 am »

Thank you everyone for your responses...

Having grown up in the Churchianity environment, especially the SBC environment, you have no idea how alot of their sermons are directed at SELF.

Here's one example - years ago one time, I heard an SBC preacher give a sermon saying how we have obstacles in our life, and unless we endure in the faith and do this or that, etc, etc, those obstacles will *not* be removed. And then he used(and twisted) bible verses to back up what he was saying.

You see the heresy here? Doesn't this guy realize that Jesus Christ removed ALL obstacles at THE CROSS? The sermon he gave was nothing more than Carl Jung-ian/self-help philosophy. And other pastors I've encountered have used their churches to do just that - brainwash everyone into thinking that unless we be pure in heart, do this and that, endure this and that, etc, we're not going to have an easy and prosperous life on this earth. Didn't Isaiah say our own righteousnesses are like filthy rags?

Well, that's Churchianity right there for you - and for that matter too that's how the church "leadership" tries to gain control over their flocks.(ie-the flock has also been brainwashed to think that we shouldn't "judge" the pastors and deacons either)

1Pe 5:1  The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
1Pe 5:2  Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
1Pe 5:3  Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
1Pe 5:4  And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: