End Times and Current Events
September 29, 2016, 03:31:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Warren Wiersbe, long-time Christian Apologetic, endorses New Age The Message bib

Shoutbox
September 23, 2016, 10:37:16 pm FervorForFaith says: I don't know if any of you guys still watch Staying Focused For Jesus, but I'm done with his videos all together now. In his video, "Obama Isn't Trying to Take The Guns, No Gun Control" he outright denies the Holocaust and implies that the Jews aren't really Jews. He called the Jews that died in the Holocaust "alleged Jews" and said that it "wasn't 6 million" that died. Then he regurgitated the same lies about the Holocaust that Steven Anderson spouts. I think the constant conspiracy searching has seriously messed with his ability to reason. Beware of him!
September 20, 2016, 01:54:27 pm Jeremiah 20:13 says:
August 19, 2016, 02:02:05 am Christian40 says: A belated congratulations!
August 15, 2016, 08:00:10 pm Mark says: 7.2 lbs
August 15, 2016, 07:42:52 pm Jeremiah 20:13 says: Congratulations, Mark! How much does he weigh? (Not trying to sound nit-picky, but just asking)
August 15, 2016, 05:56:34 pm Mark says: Haven't been on lately, had to welcome to the world my first grandson. Alexander..
August 15, 2016, 09:36:10 am Jeremiah 20:13 says: Did anyone see the Donald Trump "American Pride" campaign ad above this shout box today? Ezekiel 16:49...
July 21, 2016, 10:20:19 pm Jeremiah 20:13 says: Did anyone catch how Trump said he wants to protect the sodomite crowd against religious "ideology"? (IOW, didn't think he was exposing Islam, alone that is)
June 27, 2016, 02:19:50 pm Jeremiah 20:13 says: "Relief from the divine affliction was all they cared about. It is ever thus with the reprobate. With Pharaoh, as each fresh plague descended upon Egypt he sent for Moses and begged him to pray for its removal, and as soon as it was removed he hardened his heart and continued to defy the most High. Unless God is pleased to sanctify directly to our souls His chastisements, they profit us not. No matter how severe His judgments or how long they be protracted, man is never softened thereby unless God performs a work of grace within him. "And they gnawed their tongues for pain, and blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds." (Rev. 16:10,11)....Nowhere is the awful depravity of human nature more grievously displayed than at this very point....A later prophet in Israel complained of the people in his day for manifesting this vile temper: "O Lord, are not Thine eyes upon the truth? Thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; Thou has consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock," (Jer. 5:3).

From this we may see how utterly absurd and erroneous are the teachings of Romanists on purgatory and of Universalists on hell. The imagined fire of purgatory or the real torments of Hell possess no purifying effect, and the sinner under the anguish of his sufferings will continually increase in wickedness and accumulate wrath to all eternity."

~ Arthur Pink, "The Life of Elijah"
June 15, 2016, 09:45:20 pm Mark says: Luk 14:34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
Luk 14:35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warren Wiersbe, long-time Christian Apologetic, endorses New Age The Message bib  (Read 264 times)
Jeremiah 20:13
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:19:46 am »

That should say Eugene Peterson's New Age The Message bible he endorses.

I can't find the quote, but Weirsbe appeared to be a long-time defender of the King James Bible for awhile.

http://www.av1611.org/kjv/mess_bible.html

With today’s epidemic of Bible per-versions spreading like a runaway virus, nothing should shock us . . . but buckle up! If you have any spiritual pulse, Eugene Peterson’s The Message will shock you. The Message promotes the mystical New Age message with a boldness never seen in a mainstream Bible. The Message has sold over 10 million copies and has continually ranked among the top five best-selling Bibles. The Message website (www.navpress.com) displays endorsements from such prominent Christians as Billy Graham, Chuck Swindoll, Christianity Today, Dan Quayle, Bill Hybels, Gordon Fee, J.I. Packer, Jack Hayford, Jerry Jenkins, Jerry Savelle, John Maxwell, Max Lucado, Richard Foster, Rick Warren, Rod Parsley, Tony Campolo and Warren Wiersbe, among many others.

Wiersbe's profile on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_W._Wiersbe
Report Spam   Logged

"The church that is preaching politics is denying the Master's message!" - Martyn-Lloyd Jones in his sermon titled "The Fear of Death" in the early 1960's.

Social Buttons

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: