End Times and Current Events
September 04, 2015, 06:06:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Warren Wiersbe, long-time Christian Apologetic, endorses New Age The Message bib

Shoutbox
September 03, 2015, 10:57:03 pm Christian40 says: good verses and pictures
September 03, 2015, 03:16:32 pm 1st Timothy 6:13-14 says: Kim Davis to JAIL!
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/us/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage.html?_r=0

2 Timothy 2:3  Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2Ti 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

September 03, 2015, 02:14:48 pm 1st Timothy 6:13-14 says:
September 03, 2015, 12:30:39 pm 1st Timothy 6:13-14 says:
August 31, 2015, 03:10:54 am Christian40 says: James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
August 30, 2015, 09:15:54 am 1st Timothy 6:13-14 says: With the whole fallen angels vs sons of Seth debate - personally, it's a non-issue to me(even though I lean toward the former, both sides of the debate have flaws).

With that being said - I believe this passage is one of the secret things of the LORD that will be revealed only in his time.

Deuteronomy 29:29  The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
August 30, 2015, 01:14:00 am Christian40 says: the video could have been alot better
August 28, 2015, 09:39:35 am 1st Timothy 6:13-14 says: Yeah, saw Daniels' video last night - I was disappointed b/c it wasn't so much what he said, but it was what he DIDN'T say. In particular, he didn't explain who the giants in Genesis 6:4 were. And one minute he said the new perverted versions use Nephilim instead of giants, but the next minute he turned right around and said the giants WERE the Nephilim.

And from what I understand too - the whole sons of Seth have their problems too - if this clan were saved by the grace of God(as Daniels pointed out), then why did they get wiped out in the flood?
August 28, 2015, 04:53:51 am Christian40 says: See this by David Daniels: http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,7464.msg59245.html#new
August 26, 2015, 08:27:29 am BelieverInChristUK says: Thanks for the link Smiley
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warren Wiersbe, long-time Christian Apologetic, endorses New Age The Message bib  (Read 185 times)
1st Timothy 6:13-14
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:19:46 am »

That should say Eugene Peterson's New Age The Message bible he endorses.

I can't find the quote, but Weirsbe appeared to be a long-time defender of the King James Bible for awhile.

http://www.av1611.org/kjv/mess_bible.html

With today’s epidemic of Bible per-versions spreading like a runaway virus, nothing should shock us . . . but buckle up! If you have any spiritual pulse, Eugene Peterson’s The Message will shock you. The Message promotes the mystical New Age message with a boldness never seen in a mainstream Bible. The Message has sold over 10 million copies and has continually ranked among the top five best-selling Bibles. The Message website (www.navpress.com) displays endorsements from such prominent Christians as Billy Graham, Chuck Swindoll, Christianity Today, Dan Quayle, Bill Hybels, Gordon Fee, J.I. Packer, Jack Hayford, Jerry Jenkins, Jerry Savelle, John Maxwell, Max Lucado, Richard Foster, Rick Warren, Rod Parsley, Tony Campolo and Warren Wiersbe, among many others.

Wiersbe's profile on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_W._Wiersbe
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: