End Times and Current Events
September 02, 2014, 06:33:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Warren Wiersbe, long-time Christian Apologetic, endorses New Age The Message bib

Shoutbox
September 01, 2014, 03:13:37 am Christian40 says: Hey its a new season today lalalala Cheesy feeling better?
August 21, 2014, 03:16:40 am Christian40 says: 1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
August 20, 2014, 10:39:52 pm Boldhunter says: 2 Peter 3:9-10 KJV

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
August 20, 2014, 09:32:09 am Mark says: sometimes, sometimes not
August 20, 2014, 08:07:55 am Black Platypus says: I take it this forum isn't very busy. Bummer.
August 20, 2014, 07:50:13 am Black Platypus says: Cheesy Greetings to all from the resident newbie
August 14, 2014, 02:08:04 am Christian40 says: i dont know i have seen old people that look young on some days and some days they look like they are gray i think it depends on what time of day it is, i dont know if it is good to be older or younger, i assume i will be 33 looking when i get to Heaven and the same with you and Bryan.
August 12, 2014, 09:09:10 am BornAgain2 says: Is it just me, or does Bryan look healthier(and younger) now? He said that he doesn't eat any of that fast-food junk anymore like he did 3 years ago and beyond that(ie-3 years ago, he looked like he was ageing).
August 12, 2014, 04:17:28 am Christian40 says: 2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
August 11, 2014, 04:33:46 pm BornAgain2 says: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjkYLe7OsxQ  Shocked
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warren Wiersbe, long-time Christian Apologetic, endorses New Age The Message bib  (Read 126 times)
BornAgain2
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:19:46 am »

That should say Eugene Peterson's New Age The Message bible he endorses.

I can't find the quote, but Weirsbe appeared to be a long-time defender of the King James Bible for awhile.

http://www.av1611.org/kjv/mess_bible.html

With today’s epidemic of Bible per-versions spreading like a runaway virus, nothing should shock us . . . but buckle up! If you have any spiritual pulse, Eugene Peterson’s The Message will shock you. The Message promotes the mystical New Age message with a boldness never seen in a mainstream Bible. The Message has sold over 10 million copies and has continually ranked among the top five best-selling Bibles. The Message website (www.navpress.com) displays endorsements from such prominent Christians as Billy Graham, Chuck Swindoll, Christianity Today, Dan Quayle, Bill Hybels, Gordon Fee, J.I. Packer, Jack Hayford, Jerry Jenkins, Jerry Savelle, John Maxwell, Max Lucado, Richard Foster, Rick Warren, Rod Parsley, Tony Campolo and Warren Wiersbe, among many others.

Wiersbe's profile on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_W._Wiersbe
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: