End Times and Current Events
March 30, 2024, 01:32:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Sodomite Scouts of America

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sodomite Scouts of America  (Read 9586 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 01:43:35 pm »

MORE PROPAGANDA - Gay Boy Scouts Employee: I Can’t Live A Lie Any Longer

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-boy-scouts-employee-t-live-lie-longer-090031639.html
5/21/13

I am a full-time paid professional employee of the Boy Scouts of America. I am also gay.

I spend 14-hour days and 80-hour workweeks promoting the Scouting program and providing the best possible services to building and retaining membership. I do this with honor because I am a product of the program. I am an Eagle Scout and a member of Scouting’s Honor Society. I’ve dedicated more than two decades of my life to the Boy Scouts of America – first as a Scout, and now with over five years as an employee.

The Boy Scouts offered me many important life experiences and skills as a scout. These included skills in leadership, communication and conflict resolution. Many experiences and memories were made that still impact my life now. These opportunities need to be made available to all youth, regardless of their sexual orientation.

There are dozens of other gay professionals like me in the Scouts. I have met them through scouting training courses and programs for adult leaders and employees. We dedicate ourselves to the scouting program, fully supporting the organization. Yet, we live with apprehension, hiding our personal lives and not knowing if we could be outed and fired at any given moment. We’re constantly faced with awkward questions about our personal lives. While the Scouts proclaim to be a “family organization,” for us, there are two options to having a family: hide the people we love or leave scouting. Due to this ban, not only can my coworkers not know who I am, but many of my friends and neighbors do not know. I live my life in silence as a result of the scouts’ anti-gay policy. I constantly fear being fired.

As an employee, I have a unique commitment to the organization, but I also face losing my job every single day because of who I am. My hope is to make scouting stronger, so it may flourish in local communities. But in order for scouting to continue as the premier youth-serving agency in this country, it must be inclusive of gay boys and adults. And I’ll tell you why.

The Boy Scouts of America is not, I believe, on a sustainable path as long as any portion of the ban on gay members in Scouting continues. Strategic partnerships will be drastically reduced. I have personal experience working with many organizations, which refused to be a partner with my local scouting council because of the ban on gay members. One instance particularly stands out because the organization was a statewide conservation group, and the Boy Scouts have taught me to be respectful and responsible with our natural world. The conservation group refused to work with the Boy Scouts because the staff feared their gay volunteers would be exposed to potential embarrassment by working with an organization which discriminates against gay people.

Employees know it is now more difficult to accomplish our recruiting and partnership goals because of the discriminatory ban. Twenty-eight of 30 national youth-serving organizations, many of which are our strategic partners, are strongly opposed to the anti-gay ban, and corporations nationwide are questioning their financial commitment to the Boy Scouts, or cutting ties altogether.

On Thursday, 1,400 scouting volunteers from all across the country will meet in Dallas to vote on a proposal that could end the ban on gay youth. Gay adult leaders and employees, like me, would remain banned from Scouting, however.

I have hoped for years that the time would come when the ban would be lifted. The Boy Scouts need to catch up to the American people’s view on equality. Boy Scout members span political parties, socioeconomic classes and live in locations as dense as New York City and as rural as Wyoming. A Washington Post – ABC News poll released just this month shows a majority of Americans believe that both gay youth and adults should be allowed to join the Boy Scouts of America.

The proposed resolution to allow openly gay youth is a good first step, but it cannot stop there. If the resolution to repeal the ban on gay Scouts is approved, dedicated gay adult volunteers and employees, like me, will still be kept in the closet, and I will have no choice but to resign. For too many years, I eschewed relationships, felt uncomfortable around co-workers and have been forced to remain cloaked in secrecy. I cannot continue to live in the shadows. It is not healthy, nor is it ethical.

This week, the nation will know if the Boy Scouts of America is listening to equality opponents, who would ultimately destroy the organization, or if acceptance and understanding will prevail. I dream of the day the Boy Scouts of America becomes a fully inclusive youth organization. All boys should be able to benefit, as I have, from scouting, regardless of their sexual orientation.

TIME has verified that the author, who prefers to remain anonymous, is an employee of the BSA.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: