End Times and Current Events
March 19, 2024, 01:37:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Sodomite Scouts of America

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sodomite Scouts of America  (Read 9437 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 11:38:42 pm »

Boy Scouts, Supreme Court Decision on Homosexuality Could Be Connected
http://www.christianpost.com/news/boy-scouts-supreme-court-decision-on-homosexuality-could-be-connected-95807/
5/13/13

Later this month, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) will decide the most controversial issue in its 103 year history-namely, whether or not every chartered Boy Scout unit will be required to foster open homosexuality in their units by accepting "openly homosexual" boys.

Then about 30 days after the BSA decision, the nation will receive two key critical decisions from the US Supreme Court on same sex marriage that will have dramatic consequences on the entire country.

If you think it is just a coincidence that these two matters are being decided so closely to each other, one right after the other, on similar topics -- think again. It is strategic and calculated timing on the part of gay-rights operatives at the highest levels.

Here is some brief history. In 2010, the BSA commissioned a comprehensive two-year study on its membership standards and specifically on the policy to not inquire about the sexual orientation or same sex attractions but to prohibit "open and avowed homosexuality". After the eleven-member committee of professional Scout executives and adult volunteers completed the study they "unanimously concluded" the policy should be maintained. In fact, accordingly to AP news stories, BSA spokesmen said this was "the absolute best policy for the organization."

So what would possess the BSA to risk embarrassing themselves on a national stage by opening back up such a controversial and divisive issue when months earlier they proclaimed they had the "absolute best policy?"

For me, the answer to that question was found in a little chicken wing and pizza restaurant right across from my office in Orlando, Florida last year in the summer of 2012. I was at this dive of a restaurant I frequent and happened to see Tico Perez, the National Commissioner of the BSA. Now I grew up in the same Scouting Council with Tico and we have also known each other for many years as fellow lawyers in the same city. I asked him how the BSA membership controversy was going and he assured me that the "Key Three" leaders in the organization had the issue "locked down" and the policy would not change. This was right after the BSA affirmed their policy and the two-year study. But he also described to me in detail the ugly onslaught of the types of sharp criticism BSA leadership had been receiving, which he described as "brutal and ongoing."

Then in January 2013, I saw a breaking news story that the BSA had opened "the conversation" back up again and was now reconsidering the same policy which they just re-affirmed only months ago!

Why did the BSA do this? Well, very simply because the intensity of the criticism was too much for them to handle. Human Rights Campaign, GLAAD and other gay-rights activist groups were steady and relentless in their systematic lobbying of BSA leaders, not to mention the mainstream media and Hollywood piling on right behind them.

But why the top down full court press on the Boy Scouts by gay-rights leaders around the country?

Well, unbeknownst to the BSA officials who were being pounded by activists from all sides, the two same-sex marriage cases were also slowly and silently making their way to the U.S. Supreme Court.

If you are a Supreme Court "watcher" most agree that any close decisions are usually about Justice Anthony Kennedy. He is the most obvious and most often-discussed swing vote on the high court. And if you read his previous opinions on social issues, Kennedy does not seem as concerned with legal issues as with public opinion. Kennedy's opinions are not filled with extensive analyses of the nuisances of equal protection, state's rights or statutory construction. He seems more concerned with culture, polling numbers and signs of the times.

If the BSA changes its membership policy and allows open homosexuality among its boys, you can be guaranteed that this event will be cited to by Justice Kennedy in his decision on the same sex marriage cases.

So as the Supreme Court is taking up the next big "gay rights" issue this year, it's no large leap to consider the timing of this latest BSA gay rights push as aimed at influencing those few Justices who are susceptible to the court of public opinion, especially when it comes to cries of "discrimination."

What's at stake in this Boy Scout controversy is not just the future of Scouting. It is also the future of the institution of marriage and whether or not we will undergo yet another "fundamental transformation of America."

I originally pledged to Tico to create an organization which would support top BSA leadership. Sadly and ironically, I am now instead leading the national movement OnMyHonor.Net, to criticize him and other top BSA leaders for not being brave enough to stand up to their own adult peers and do what is right by standing up for what is the "absolute best" for the boys in Scouting.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 12:25:05 pm »

to set up meetings with Christian leaders to pave way for openly gay Scouts.

http://www.worldmag.com/2013/05/christian_connection
Christian connection

Boy Scouts | The Boy Scouts ask conservative activist Ralph Reed to set up meetings with Christian leaders it looks to sway on the issue of gay Scouts

5/13/13
Sometime during the week of May 20, about 1,400 delegates representing Boy Scout troops from across the country will gather in Texas and vote on a proposed policy that, if passed, would allow openly homosexual boys to be Scouts while continuing a ban on homosexual leaders.

Most conservative Christians oppose the proposal, so the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has engaged a high-profile adviser to help them make their case: Ralph Reed.

WORLD learned that Reed, founder of the Christian Coalition and now president of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, has arranged meetings and conference calls between Christian conservative leaders and BSA officials who support the pro-gay resolution. According to John Stemberger, founder of OnMyHonor.Net, a group opposed to the policy change, “After the introduction is made, the BSA officials try to convince these top conservative evangelical leaders to support the resolution by finding friendly media venues to discuss it.”

Reed confirmed in a phone conversation with me that he had arranged conference calls in an attempt to be a “peacemaker” in the process. He said he had not personally participated in the calls and acknowledged he is paid a small retainer by the Boy Scouts. Reed would not disclose the amount of his fee except to characterize it as “de minimus.”

“[I would] deeply resent any implication that I am helping this policy to pass.” he added. “I am on record opposing a change in the current policy. Period.”

Stemberger, though, called Reed’s comment “doubletalk.” Regardless of Reed’s intention, Stemberger said, “these calls could not help but further the resolution.”

Among the conference calls Reed has set up, one was between the BSA and executives at Salem Communications, the largest Christian radio company in the country. Salem executives had no comment on the content of those calls but published a short editorial statement that aired on most of Salem’s approximately 100 radio stations. Read by Dr. Albert Mohler, president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., and a member of Salem’s editorial board, the statement said in part:

“The central authorities of the Boy Scouts of America have announced yet another compromise position on how they propose to deal with the issue of homosexual leaders and Scouts. This came just a year after the Boy Scouts insisted that it would stand behind its ban on openly gay scouts and scouting leaders. But then, earlier this year, they floated a compromise policy amounting to a ‘local option’ for troops. After the outrage from that proposal, the new proposed policy will require all troops to accept boys without regard to sexual orientation, but they will retain an outright ban on openly homosexual adults serving as scout leaders. As one mother said, ‘I knew they would try to split the baby in the end.’ And that’s exactly what they have attempted to do again. In the end, it will please no one.”

UPDATE: In an email to WORLD, Ralph Reed stressed “my 43-year involvement in the Boy Scouts, the fact that I am an Eagle Scout, [and] the fact that I sit on the executive board of one of the most respected local councils in the country [the North Georgia Council of the Boy Scouts].” He said his role was to “facilitate a dialogue.” Neither Reed nor the Boy Scouts would say how much the organization is paying Reed.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 01:55:37 pm »

Reed would not disclose the amount of his fee except to characterize it as “de minimus.”

The minimum, yeah whatever!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 07:22:58 am »

Los Angeles Boy Scouts Branch Wants Practicing Homosexuals Teaching Young Boys

The Los Angeles branch of the Boy Scouts of America is calling for the organization to allow homosexual men to lead and train scouts.

Alan Snyder of the Los Angeles County Council wrote in a news release this week that while the national headquarters of the organization is currently considering allowing boys with same-sex attraction to serve as members, the proposed change to the scouting policy needs to go further.

“The resolution is a step in the right direction, but does not go far enough and must be extended to all adult scout volunteers and staff,” he wrote. “Inclusion must be all-inclusive.”

Snyder said that homosexual men should be allowed to train the boys just like any other leader.

Council President Nick Thomas agreed.

“Volunteers in our council log approximately 840,000 hours of service each year and should be judged on the basis of their character, not their sexual preference,” he said.

The men suggest that the current scouting policy should be amended to read, “No youth or adult shall be denied membership or a position in the Boys Scouts, whether as a leader, volunteer, or staff member, solely on the basis of their sexual orientation or preference.”

Current scouting policies prohibit homosexual men from serving as leaders over the children.

In the 2000 Supreme Court decision of case of Boy Scouts of America v. Dale, the nation’s highest court outlined that the organization ”teach[es] that homosexual conduct is not morally straight,” and that it does “not want to promote homosexual conduct as a legitimate form of behavior.” It then affirmed the Boy Scouts’ right to freedom of association, which means excluding homosexual members as they do not comport with the mission of the organization.

Rob Schwarzwalder, senior vice president of Family Research Council, told reporters that it is dangerous to place men that have sexual attraction toward those of the same gender in charge of juvenile boys.

“As a father, I wouldn’t want my sons to go on a camping trip with a teenage girl and stay in the same tent. Similarly, I think it’s unwise to put boys or young men in a tent with boys or young men who are homosexual,” he outlined.

As previously reported, last October, the Oregon Supreme Court ordered thousands of documents outlining widespread sexual abuse in the Boy Scouts of America to be released to the public. Wayne Perry, president of the Boy Scouts of America acknowledged that there was concern with the  the organization’s failure to protect young boys from harm.

“There have been instances where people misused their positions in scouting to abuse children, and in certain cases, our response to these incidents and our efforts to protect youth were plainly insufficient, inappropriate, or wrong,” he said. “Where those involved in scouting failed to protect, or worse, inflicted harm on children, we extend our deepest and sincere apologies to victims and their families.”

“These guys basically were in a candy store, the way they thought about it,” attorney Paul Mones told reporters.

The organization has yet to respond to the Los Angeles Council’s request. It is set to vote on permitting homosexual members on May 23rd.

http://christiannews.net/2013/05/12/los-angeles-scouting-branch-says-homosexual-men-should-be-allowed-to-train-boys/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 07:23:28 am »

Boy Scouts Pressured to Accept Atheists

"Good Boy Scouts Don't Need God," declares the headline in USA Today. According to the author, dropping the requirement that Scouts believe in God is "the right thing to do." He quotes the president of the Freethought Society, who "is leveraging the new focus on Boy Scout inclusion policies to prompt a fresh look at its ban on atheists." Now that Scouts will include gay members, she hopes atheists will be next in line.

This is not the first time pressure has been brought against the Scouts on behalf of atheists. The Freedom From Religion Foundation has petitioned President Obama to advocate for atheist Scouts. A California bill would remove the BSA's tax exempt status so long as it maintains its position on faith in God. An editorial in The Washington Post criticized the Scouts for their faith requirement.

As you know, Louie Giglio was pressured to withdraw from the 2012 presidential inauguration for declaring biblical truth regarding homosexuality. More recently, Greg Laurie was attacked for his "homophobic" message when he was chosen as honorary chair of the National Day of Prayer. When Sojourners declined to run a website ad sponsored by a pro-gay Christian group, they were widely criticized as well.

In a day when standing for biblical truth is so difficult, what should Christians do?

Rich Stearns is president of World Vision, one of the largest Christian relief organizations in history. His first book, The Hole in Our Gospel, was one of the most powerful calls to social ministry I've ever read. Its sequel has just been released, Unfinished: Believing is Only the Beginning. In a recent interview he was asked, "What one message do you want Christians in the U.S. to hear?"

Here's his thoughtful answer: "Many people see the Christian faith today as having less and less relevance in our society, especially when we look at the issues most Christians care about during the election season. Christians are also worried about young people leaving the faith as more and more young adults claim no religious affiliation.

"How should Christians respond? Are we relevant by having short, peppy sermons and coffee bars in church? By offering advice on living nice, comfortable lives? A better response is to call the church back to Jesus' mission. We are to bring the whole gospel into the world, demonstrating a new, revolutionary way to live under God's rule—living out the kingdom values of compassion, mercy, and justice. We don't need to worry about so-called 'Christian issues' at the polls when we are confidently following Christ's call in every area of our lives and inviting others to join us."

http://www.christianpress.com/index.php/opinion/columns/dr-jim-denison/644-boy-scouts-pressured-to-accept-atheists
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2013, 09:02:38 am »

This is really getting insane - what's next? Will the Boy Scouts be pressured into accepting SRAs?(satanic ritual abuses)
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 12:33:47 pm »

"What one message do you want Christians in the U.S. to hear?"

20  Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21  (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22  Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23  Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
Colossians 2:20-23 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2013, 01:43:35 pm »

MORE PROPAGANDA - Gay Boy Scouts Employee: I Can’t Live A Lie Any Longer

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-boy-scouts-employee-t-live-lie-longer-090031639.html
5/21/13

I am a full-time paid professional employee of the Boy Scouts of America. I am also gay.

I spend 14-hour days and 80-hour workweeks promoting the Scouting program and providing the best possible services to building and retaining membership. I do this with honor because I am a product of the program. I am an Eagle Scout and a member of Scouting’s Honor Society. I’ve dedicated more than two decades of my life to the Boy Scouts of America – first as a Scout, and now with over five years as an employee.

The Boy Scouts offered me many important life experiences and skills as a scout. These included skills in leadership, communication and conflict resolution. Many experiences and memories were made that still impact my life now. These opportunities need to be made available to all youth, regardless of their sexual orientation.

There are dozens of other gay professionals like me in the Scouts. I have met them through scouting training courses and programs for adult leaders and employees. We dedicate ourselves to the scouting program, fully supporting the organization. Yet, we live with apprehension, hiding our personal lives and not knowing if we could be outed and fired at any given moment. We’re constantly faced with awkward questions about our personal lives. While the Scouts proclaim to be a “family organization,” for us, there are two options to having a family: hide the people we love or leave scouting. Due to this ban, not only can my coworkers not know who I am, but many of my friends and neighbors do not know. I live my life in silence as a result of the scouts’ anti-gay policy. I constantly fear being fired.

As an employee, I have a unique commitment to the organization, but I also face losing my job every single day because of who I am. My hope is to make scouting stronger, so it may flourish in local communities. But in order for scouting to continue as the premier youth-serving agency in this country, it must be inclusive of gay boys and adults. And I’ll tell you why.

The Boy Scouts of America is not, I believe, on a sustainable path as long as any portion of the ban on gay members in Scouting continues. Strategic partnerships will be drastically reduced. I have personal experience working with many organizations, which refused to be a partner with my local scouting council because of the ban on gay members. One instance particularly stands out because the organization was a statewide conservation group, and the Boy Scouts have taught me to be respectful and responsible with our natural world. The conservation group refused to work with the Boy Scouts because the staff feared their gay volunteers would be exposed to potential embarrassment by working with an organization which discriminates against gay people.

Employees know it is now more difficult to accomplish our recruiting and partnership goals because of the discriminatory ban. Twenty-eight of 30 national youth-serving organizations, many of which are our strategic partners, are strongly opposed to the anti-gay ban, and corporations nationwide are questioning their financial commitment to the Boy Scouts, or cutting ties altogether.

On Thursday, 1,400 scouting volunteers from all across the country will meet in Dallas to vote on a proposal that could end the ban on gay youth. Gay adult leaders and employees, like me, would remain banned from Scouting, however.

I have hoped for years that the time would come when the ban would be lifted. The Boy Scouts need to catch up to the American people’s view on equality. Boy Scout members span political parties, socioeconomic classes and live in locations as dense as New York City and as rural as Wyoming. A Washington Post – ABC News poll released just this month shows a majority of Americans believe that both gay youth and adults should be allowed to join the Boy Scouts of America.

The proposed resolution to allow openly gay youth is a good first step, but it cannot stop there. If the resolution to repeal the ban on gay Scouts is approved, dedicated gay adult volunteers and employees, like me, will still be kept in the closet, and I will have no choice but to resign. For too many years, I eschewed relationships, felt uncomfortable around co-workers and have been forced to remain cloaked in secrecy. I cannot continue to live in the shadows. It is not healthy, nor is it ethical.

This week, the nation will know if the Boy Scouts of America is listening to equality opponents, who would ultimately destroy the organization, or if acceptance and understanding will prevail. I dream of the day the Boy Scouts of America becomes a fully inclusive youth organization. All boys should be able to benefit, as I have, from scouting, regardless of their sexual orientation.

TIME has verified that the author, who prefers to remain anonymous, is an employee of the BSA.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 03:40:06 am »

Anonymous, eh? What a coward! So much for standing up for your convictions.  Roll Eyes

More likely, the person doesn't exist, and is an invention of the godless Time Magazine staff.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2013, 09:35:42 am »

Scouts await decision on gay membership
5/22/13
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/22/18403808-scouts-await-decision-on-gay-membership?lite=

Cub Scout Pack 215 in rural Arkansas is waiting for a vote that could mean big changes for their tiny outfit.

That’s because of a decision being made Thursday at the national Boy Scouts of America annual meeting that will have ramifications for their pack and other Scout units across the country: whether or not to end its controversial policy banning gay Scouts.

The 1,400 delegates of the National Council will vote on the policy at the BSA meeting in Grapevine, Texas.

More than 70 percent of Boy Scout units are sponsored by a religious group, some that do not want to allow gay youth to join. One is Pack 215, chartered by the Eagle Heights Baptist Church in Harrison, Ark. The church’s pastor has said it will not stay on as sponsor if the policy is changed.

“This would be inconsistent with the biblical values and the essence upon which we operate our ministries,” said Pastor Jay Scribner, who said he would work with the pack to help it decide next steps should the policy change.

Scribner said the decision to pull sponsorship would come “with a heavy heart, but at the same time, with firm biblical convictions.”

The pack first learned of its potential fate in February from Scribner at the yearly Scout Sunday service, after the Boy Scouts initial announcement that it was thinking to include gay adult leaders as well as youth. After a vigorous public debate over the possible change in the longstanding membership guidelines, the private youth organization shelved the decision until the national meeting Thursday.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 05:20:17 pm »

Boy Scouts vote to end ban on openly gay youth members
5/23/13
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/boy-scouts-vote-end-ban-openly-gay-youth-221438621.html

DALLAS – The Boy Scouts of America, one of the country’s largest and oldest youth organizations, decided Thursday to break 103 years of tradition by allowing openly gay members into its ranks.

The controversial move passed by more than 60 percent of the BSA’s national council. According to the new resolution, beginning Jan. 1, 2014, "no youth may be denied membership in the Boy Scouts of America on the basis of sexual orientation or preference alone.”

Lifting the organization’s ban on gay adult volunteer leaders and paid staff was not considered and remains in place.

The historic change comes 13 years after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that BSA is a private club that is allowed to set its own rules for membership. Since then, public pressure has mounted for the Texas-based organization to change the exclusion, especially last year, when a gay California teen was denied his Eagle Scout award and an Ohio lesbian was removed as a den mother from her son’s troop.

Still, just 10 months ago, the Scouts reaffirmed their stance, saying a two-year confidential review revealed a majority of the organization’s parents wanted to keep the policy.

The about-face to put it to a vote came “out of respect for the diverse beliefs of Scouting's chartered organizations,” according to the BSA website.

The emotionally charged issue has seen those for and against wage costly public relations campaigns and has fostered intense debate from coast to coast.

“My concern all along has been boy-on-boy sexual contact,” John Stemberger, an Eagle Scout and organizer of On My Honor, told the Dallas Morning News in April. “If this resolution passes, it will be open season for gay young men. How do we protect the Scouts who are not gay?”

The Scouts point out that the new resolution reinforces that “any sexual conduct, whether heterosexual or homosexual, by youth of Scouting age is contrary to the virtues of Scouting.”

Gay-rights activists have held a public summit this week, not far from the location of the annual BSA gathering.

“There is nothing Scout-like about exclusion of other people, and there is nothing Scout-like about putting your own religious beliefs before someone else’s,” Zach Wahls, an Eagle Scout and founder of Scouts for Equality, told supporters at a Wednesday rally.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2013, 03:24:16 am »

An alleged Christian-based organization will now allow gays. Go figure. There is nothing Christian about them!

People who disagree with that reprobate organization need to simply leave it and quit putting their children at risk with those wicked people because their actions is just teaching those kids that no matter what you believe, you must compromise "for the greater good", which is not good at all but pure evil.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2013, 11:20:08 am »

Boy Scouts' historic vote won't end the debate
5/24/13
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/24/18466425-boy-scouts-historic-vote-wont-end-the-debate?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=3

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- Seen as a small step toward a greater goal or a wrong step for a century-old organization, a vote Thursday to lift a ban on gay youth in the Boy Scouts won't end the debate.

Over 61 percent of Scouting's National Council of 1,232 delegates from across the country voted to lift the ban during the Boy Scouts of America’s annual national gathering. The policy change will go into effect Jan. 1, 2014.

"This has been a challenging chapter in our history," said Wayne Brock, the BSA's chief Scout executive. "Our goal through all of this was to put the kids first."

What was not considered Thursday was lifting a ban on gay Scout leaders.

"We have not changed our adult membership standards. They have served us well for the last 100 years. Those were not on the table," said Tico Perez, BSA national commissioner.

And so while the nation’s approximately 116,000 Scouting units and 3 million members officially must open their doors to gay youth, a push to change those adult membership standards will resume.

"One day, we'll be back, and I'm not going to stop until we're there," said Ohio mom Jennifer Tyrrell, who was ousted in April 2012 as den leader of her son's Tiger Cub pack because she is a lesbian.

"Tomorrow, we're going to start the next phase, and I'm ready."

Some opponents of ending the ban said they would pull their sponsorships of packs and troops, and parents threatened to take their boys out of Scouting.

Rusty Tisdale, assistant Scoutmaster for a troop in Ellisville, Miss., hopes there is a local option that would allow the decision on gay members to be made at the troop level. Otherwise, he will pull his kids.

"I'm not happy as a parent," Tisdale emailed to NBC News. "The gay activist isn't happy and will not be until homosexuals can be leaders, etc. So there will be more pressure, and more fighting, And more acquiescence. No thanks."

"There are other activities for my kids to do," he added. "There are other organizations that I can support with my time and money."

The ban on gay Scouts has been the subject of much soul-searching in the organization – from local troops and councils to national board meetings. The dispute was even heard by the Supreme Court, which said 13 years ago that as a private membership organization, the BSA was free to decide who it would admit.

Last summer, the Boy Scouts reaffirmed their anti-gay policy after a two-year examination by a committee. Since then, some local chapters had been pushing for a reconsideration.

More than 70 percent of Boy Scout units are sponsored by religious groups, and this compromise proposal has split them. One of the Southern Baptist Church leaders, Dr. Frank Page, last week implored the Boy Scouts not to change the policy. But The Church of Jesus Christ Latter-day Saints – the BSA's biggest charter partner – had given tacit endorsement to the plan.

BSA President Wayne Perry said the vote came after an "extensive," "exhaustive," and "respectful" dialogue among the members of the organization.

"It's a very difficult decision for a lot of people, but we are moving forward together," he said. "Our vision is to serve every kid."

Pascal Tessier, a gay 16-year-old from Kensington, Md., felt hopeful after the vote. He believes he can get his Eagle rank — the Scouts' highest honor — in the fall.

"There are a lot of things going through my head," he said. "The initial reaction is ecstatic because I can go home and tell everyone that I'm still a Boy Scout."

But he said he also felt bad for gay leaders.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2013, 01:39:32 pm »

said Wayne Brock, the BSA's chief Scout executive. "Our goal through all of this was to put the kids first."

So you expose them to a vile, reprobate mindset. Not only not discouraging it, but promoting it as acceptable. The Lord rebuke that wicked spirit!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2013, 05:37:02 pm »

It seems like everytime these agendas come to a *compromise*, the floodgate for the Hegelian Dialectic war just really opens up - it's not just the "conservative" organizations like the Southern Baptist Convention that's considering withdrawing their support, but even pro-gay rights groups like GLAAD are considering as well b/c gay scout leaders aren't accepted.

And FWIW too, the Boy Scouts are a secular organization to begin with, so why has Churchianity given them their support to begin with? Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers...

After vote on gay youth, Scouts face more turmoil
http://news.yahoo.com/vote-gay-youth-scouts-face-more-turmoil-203143778.html
5/24/13

The Boy Scouts of America will get no reprieve from controversy after a contentious vote to accept openly gay boys as Scouts.

Dismayed conservatives are already looking at alternative youth groups as they predict a mass exodus from the BSA. Gay-rights supporters vowed Friday to maintain pressure on the Scouts to end the still-in-place ban on gay adults serving as leaders.

"They're not on our good list yet," said Paul Guequierre of the Human Rights Campaign, a national gay-rights group. He said the HRC, in its annual rankings of corporate policies on workplace fairness, would deduct points from companies that donate to the Boy Scouts until the ban on gay adults is lifted.

In California, gay-rights leaders said they would continue urging passage of a bill pending in the Legislature that would make the BSA ineligible for nonprofit tax breaks because of the remaining ban.

The Boy Scouts' chief executive, Wayne Brock, pleaded for the Scouting community to reunite after the divisive debate that led to Thursday's vote by the BSA's National Council. The proposal to lift the ban on openly gay youth — while keeping the ban on gay adults — was supported by about 60 percent of the council's 1,400 voting members.

However, Brock's plea failed to sway some conservative religious leaders whose denominations sponsor many Scout units and who consider same-sex relationships immoral.

"Frankly, I can't imagine a Southern Baptist pastor who would continue to allow his church to sponsor a Boy Scout troop under these new rules," Richard Land, a senior Southern Baptist Conference official, told the SBC's news agency, Baptist Press.

Land advised Southern Baptist churches to withdraw their support of Scout troops and consider affiliating instead with the Royal Ambassadors, an existing SBC youth program for boys that combines religious ministry with Scouting-style activities.

Baptist churches sponsor Scout units serving more than 100,000 of the BSA's 2.6 million youth members.

The Assemblies of God, which oversees units serving more than 2,000 Scouts, said it could no longer support such units and suggested its own Royal Rangers youth group as a "positive alternative."

John Stemberger, a conservative activist and former Scout from Florida who led a group opposing the policy change, said he and his allies would convene a meeting next month in Louisville, Ky., to discuss creation of a "new character development organization for boys."

"We grieve today, not because we are faced with leaving Scouting, but because the Boy Scouts of America has left us," Stemberger said. "Its leadership has turned its back on 103 years of abiding by a mission to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices."

There is a template for forming a conservative alternative to a major national youth organization. American Heritage Girls was formed in 1995 as a Christian-oriented option to the Girl Scouts of the USA, and it now claims more than 20,000 members.

From the left, gay-rights supporters — including President Barack Obama — generally welcomed the move to accept openly gay Scouts, but urged the BSA to take the further step of welcoming gay adults as leaders.

White House spokesman Shin Inouye said Obama "continues to believe that leadership positions in the Scouts should be open to all, regardless of sexual orientation."

Rich Ferraro of GLAAD, formerly known as the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, said his group would continue a campaign to discourage corporate giving to the Boy Scouts until the ban on gay adults is lifted.

He also predicted that the presence of openly gay boys in Scout ranks would undermine the viability of the adult ban as those youth turn 18 and seek leadership posts.

"The BSA now will have to look gay teens in the eye, boys who've been involved in Scouting for years, and tell them they're not going to be able to grow into adult leaders," Ferraro said. "Those conversations will be difficult and shouldn't be had."

Eagle Scout Zach Wahls, a 21-year-old activist raised by lesbian mothers in Iowa, has been a leader of the campaign to end the BSA's no-gays policy. He said his group, Scouts for Equality, would continue to press for lifting the ban on gay adults, while also monitoring how the BSA implements its new policy for gay youth.

"We'll act as a watchdog," he said. "If any gay youth feel they're experiencing harassment or discrimination, we want to be there for them."

For some parents of Scouts, the entire membership debate has been emotionally draining, and the decision to accept openly gay youth left them disenchanted or confused.

Wes Comer, whose family attends an Apostolic Pentecostal church near Knoxville, Tenn., that considers homosexuality sinful, had been wrestling with whether to pull his eldest son out of the Scouts if the no-gays policy was abandoned.

"To be honest, I'm torn at this point," Comer said Friday in an email. "I'm not sure exactly what our decision will be."

"If I place this situation in the context of my religious beliefs, I'm forced to ask myself, 'Would I turn a homosexual child away from Sunday school? From a church function? Would I forbid my children to be friends with a gay child?' I can't imagine a situation where I would answer 'yes' to any of those questions. So how can I in this one?" he wrote.

Yet he said was "extremely disappointed" in the entire debate, and suggested that the BSA "has dealt itself a mortal blow."

Another Scouting father, Don Mack, of Waconia, Minn., said he and his 10-year-old son will be leaving Cub Scouts after the current year is done and his son gets his Arrow of Light Award.

Mack, a Scout himself as a boy and a self-described conservative Christian, has been a Cub Scout leader for about five years. Now, because of the vote to admit gay youth, he and his son both want out. And they'll be looking for an alternative program that offers similar character-building benefits as the Scouts.

"We home-school, and my wife and I teach our son you need to stand up for what's right, even if that means sacrifice or getting hurt in the process," Mack said. "It was not an easy choice for us to make because our family believed in the mission Scouting has to offer. I kind of feel like my best friend died."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2013, 07:37:16 am »

Groups Predict Mass Exodus From Boy Scouts Over Vote to Allow Openly Homosexual Members

A number of Christian groups across the nation are predicting that there will be a ‘mass exodus’ from the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) following yesterday’s vote to permit openly homosexual boys and teens as members.

As previously reported, the results of the vote were announced Thursday evening, with over 60 percent in favor of altering the organization’s current policy, which bars “open or avowed homosexuals or who engage in behavior that would become a distraction to the mission of the BSA.”

Over 1,400 scouting members reportedly cast their ballot over the issue as the BSA gathered for its annual meeting in Grapevine, Texas this week. The resolution posed the question of whether prospective scouts should be denied membership “on the basis of sexual orientation or preference alone.”

“The Boy Scouts of America will not sacrifice its mission, or the youth served by the movement, by allowing the organization to be consumed by a single, divisive, and unresolved societal issue,” the organization commented in a statement after announcing the results of the vote. “While people have different opinions about this policy, we can all agree that kids are better off when they are in scouting. Going forward, our scouting family will continue to focus on reaching and serving youth in order to help them grow into good, strong citizens.”

It noted, however, that sexual activity will still not be permitted among scouts.

“The resolution also reinforces that scouting is a youth program, and any sexual conduct, whether heterosexual or homosexual, by youth of scouting age is contrary to the virtues of scouting,” the statement advised.

The outcome came as a great disappointment to many Christian organizations nationwide, including ministry leaders who had once served in the Scouts themselves. Consequently, a number of groups are predicting a mass exodus from BSA as a result of the decision.

“We believe that the BSA policy change will lead to a mass exodus from the Boy Scout program, as Assemblies of God and many other churches can no longer support groups that are part of an organization allowing members who are openly homosexual,” wrote the national denomination in an official press release.

The Southern Baptist Convention agreed.

“I think there will be an immediate exodus,” said spokesman Roger “Sing” Oldham. “I don’t know how large that immediate exodus will be, but then I think there’ll be a continual attrition over time.”

“I think what we’re going to see in the next year or so is a mass exodus of adults and boys from the Boy Scouts of America program,” Randy Sharp of the American Family Association likewise told reporters. “Some of the estimates that I’ve heard are up to 400,000 to 500,000 boys and adults will resign their positions with the Boy Scouts of America.”

Joe Glover of Virginia Family Policy Network urged parents to pull their children out immediately.

“Parents should only place their children in the care of people who readily accept God’s definition of what it means to be ‘morally straight,’” he said. “Unfortunately, the leaders of the Boy Scouts of America have chosen a form of moral character that arrogantly rejects God’s written word.”

John Stemberger of the Florida Family Policy Council advised that for those who are exiting the Scouts, he plans on forming a similar organization, but with completely Christian values. Stemberger stated that a meeting will be held next month in Kentucky to discuss the effort.

“There we will discuss the creation of a new character development organization for boys,” he explained. “We will host and facilitate a national coalition meeting of former BSA parents and other youth leaders who wish to return to truly timeless values that once made the BSA great.”

http://christiannews.net/2013/05/24/groups-predict-mass-exodus-from-boy-scouts-over-vote-to-allow-openly-homosexual-members/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2013, 07:38:54 am »

Well, we'll see - again, the Boy Scouts of America is a secular organization, so I have no idea why these Churchianity organizations were supporting it from the beginning.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2013, 07:41:32 am »

My Take: Why my family is quitting the Boy Scouts

Editor's Note: John Stemberger is an Eagle Scout and president of On My Honor, a coalition of concerned parents, Scout Leaders, Scouting donors, Eagle Scouts and others affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America who are united in their support of Scouting’s timeless values and their opposition to open homosexuality in the Scouts. Find more information at www.OnMyHonor.net.

By John Stemberger, Special to CNN

(CNN)– On Thursday, delegates to the Boy Scouts of America’s national conference met in Grapevine, Texas, to determine the fate of one of the most beloved organizations in this country’s history. This organization that has stood the test of time will probably be destroyed now that they have decided to admit openly gay boys as Scouts.

Sex and politics have no place in the Boy Scouts, and allowing open homosexuality will lead to myriad bad consequences.

First, the new BSA policy is logically incoherent and morally and ethically inconsistent. The BSA had never discriminated against homosexuals. The BSA membership application did not ask about sexual orientation, and there has never been a witch hunt in the BSA to find or remove its gay members.

Now, however, open homosexuality will be officially consistent with the Scouting code throughout a Boy Scout’s life until the moment he turns 18, when it suddenly becomes a problem. (The Scouts maintained its ban on openly gay leaders.) How does that make any sense? Will we then discriminate against that Scout after he announces his sexuality?

Further, the new policy forces every chartered Scouting unit, irrespective of religious convictions, to facilitate open homosexuality among boys in their program. The policy fails to respect or revere the religious beliefs, values and theology of the vast majority of Christian churches, which charter more than 70% of all Scouting units.

The new policy also leaves all Scouting units with no options and no legal protection if they refuse to allow open homosexuality among the boys of their units. Any Scouting unit that refuses to accept or abide by the new policy will either have their charter revoked by national BSA leadership or become fully exposed to legal attacks for alleged violations of nondiscrimination ordinances. Litigation would permeate the organization.

Most important, the new policy robs parents of Boy Scouts, like me, of the sole authority to raise issues of sex and sexuality with their kids.

Parents should have the exclusive right to raise issues about sex and sexuality with their children in their own time and in their own way, in the privacy of their homes, not brought up by other older boys around a campfire. Allowing open homosexuality injects a sensitive and highly charged political issue into the heart of the BSA, against the wishes of the vast majority of parents.

This is why my wife and I have decided to disengage from BSA and remove our children from its programs. We are concerned for the safety and security of our boys, as are many other parents who are considering leaving as well.

When it comes to young boys, parents have the final say, not the gay rights activists who pressured the BSA to fall in line with their agenda and have turned Scouting into yet another cultural battleground.

The delegates who voted for the new policy must therefore realize that the change guts a major percentage of human capital in the BSA and will utterly devastate the program financially, socially and legally.

The BSA’s own “Voice of the Scout” surveys provide solid evidence that tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of parents, Scoutmasters and Scouts will leave the program, and internal estimates project an estimated $44 million of lost annual revenue.

The Boy Scouts are one of the great jewels of American culture. And the success of the Boy Scouts of America is due in no small part to their commitment to a set of ideas and principles that have guided the program for more than 100 years.

I love the Boy Scouts and want my boys to enjoy the same great experiences as I and millions of others have had over the years. That's why I regret that Thursday's vote refused to keep sex and politics out of the Boy Scouts and stand firm for those timeless principles.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of John Stemberger.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/23/my-take-why-my-family-is-quitting-the-boy-scouts/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2013, 06:52:19 am »

RIP, Boy Scouts of America

What's next for the Boy Scouts?

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? (Mark 8:36)

It’s a sad day for both Scouting and for freedom. Indeed, it’s a sad day for America. The century-old Boy Scouts of America (BSA)--created in 1910 to “prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes”--has betrayed its own constituency, mission, oath and law.

Last Thursday, approximately 1,400 adult BSA delegates from around the country gathered in Texas and decided, in a disgracefully lopsided vote, to welcome into its ranks, “open and avowed” homosexuality (boy-on-boy sexual attraction and behavior), thereby disavowing the “morally straight” Scout Oath its members are sworn to uphold.

They voted unwisely.

History will reflect that on this day the BSA turned from morally straight to immorally bent--that this once great organization--founded on “honor,” “reverence” and biblical morality--was crushed beneath the worldly weight of pagan idolatry.

Whereas, for over a century, millions of boys have raised their right hands, swearing “on my honor” to “do my duty to God and my country”--on this day, hundreds of adult delegates likewise raised their right hands, shook their fists at God and flipped their middle fingers at both the boys they serve and the parents who trusted them.

While endeavoring to “gain the world,” this once honorable institution has forfeited its soul.

Scripture admonishes: “For the wages of sin is death.” (Rom. 6:23). This was a catastrophic miscalculation. It was sin, and, tragically, through this sin, the BSA has now effectively sealed its own fate. It has set into motion its own demise.

Even by its own estimates, BSA leadership admits that the decision will likely result in a mass exodus from Scouting. They anticipate that as many as 400,000 Scouts and Scouters will leave the organization (acceptable casualties in the war on morality, I guess). Still, as devastating as this number is, it too represents a gross miscalculation.

Consider, for instance, that when Canada’s version of the Boy Scouts voted in 1998 to welcome open homosexuality, its membership rolls plummeted by over half in just five years, forcing camp closures, staff layoffs and huge budget cuts. Looking north of the border for clues, then, we can expect that, with current membership at around 2.6 million, it’s more likely that roughly 1.5 million Boy Scouts and troop masters will walk.

Then again, we’re talking about “progressive” Canada. This is the good ol’ USA. With over 61 percent of Scouts, Scouters and parents opposing the homosexualization of Boy Scouts, and over 70 percent of U.S. Scout groups sponsored by churches and religious organizations, it’s not unreasonable to expect that defections will even exceed this estimate.

In short, BSA’s betrayal may well result in near-total ruin. The wages of sin is death.

Here’s the reality: Reality has not changed. Objective truth did not suddenly and miraculously reverse itself on May 23, 2013. As BSA has always acknowledged (until Thursday), homosexual behavior remains empirically disordered and immoral. The only thing that has changed is politics.

Ultimately, this decision had nothing to do with “tolerance” or “inclusivity.” Neither did it concern the best interests of the boys who make up Boy Scouting. Instead, this decision was rooted in pure evil. It had everything to do with money. “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.” (1 Timothy 6:10).

And wandered from the faith they have.

Now come the many griefs.

Really, three things drove this decision: Fear, greed and politics. A number of high-dollar corporate donors threatened to pull funding from BSA if they maintained the existing policy on sexual morality. Additionally, a number of extremist pressure groups, aided by a sympathetic left-wing media, brought tremendous pressure to bear.

But the pressure’s not going away. The BSA made a critical error in judgment. It showed weakness. This has only whipped these radicals into a heightened frenzy. Within moments of the “gay” announcement, Nancy Pelosi called the move “an important first step.” The Human Rights Campaign demanded “the new policy doesn’t go far enough,” and Mother Jones, a liberal online publication, posted an article titled, “Boy Scouts: You Can Be Gay Until You’re 18.”

Sin is never satisfied. The homofascist thirst for absolute affirmation is unquenchable.

What’s the next step? Activists now demand that adult men who desire sex with other males (“gay” scout masters) be allowed to take your sons camping overnight. Soon they’ll be insisting that “transgender boys” (girls who wish they were boys) be allowed to join as well.

What a camping trip. Imagine the pup tent. Your son and Jimmy--who’s got a crush on him--along with Billy and Billy’s boyfriend Bobby, all snuggly warm in the middle of nowhere. But make room for Sammy (formerly Suzie) and Sammy’s boyfriend Gary (formerly Gertrude).

Don’t forget to hang the disco ball.

And “always be prepared.”

You think there won’t be new membership stagnation? Who wants to sign their boy up for the “Gay Scouts”? What’s a kid gotta to do to earn his “tolerance badge”? Parents, you might want to get out while the gettin’s good. As one Eagle Scout told me, “I’m not leaving the Boy Scouts, the Boy Scouts left me.”

It’s only a matter of time until BSA caves on these demands as well. They’ll admit “gay” men and girls soon. They have no choice. Now that they’ve opened the door, they’ve waived the only legal defense they once had: religious and moral conviction.

But here’s the good news. I and dozens more will be convening for a coalition meeting of pro-family leaders next month in Louisville, Ky., to discuss the creation of a moral alternative to the Boy Scouts. Nature abhors a vacuum. We intend to fill it.

Still, until then, please join me as we mourn the loss of this once honorable organization. The Boy Scouts of America: Born Feb. 8, 1910 – Died May 23, 2013.

May it rest in peace.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/39636-r-i-p-boy-scouts-of-america

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2013, 10:58:20 am »

The sodomy agenda has taken over America(and the rest of the world for that matter too).

As it was in the Days of Lot...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2013, 08:33:06 am »

GLAAD Continues Push for Boy Scouts to Allow Openly Homosexual Leaders

A prominent homosexual advocacy group is continuing its push to end the ban on openly homosexual leaders in the Boy Scouts of America.

GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) states that while it applauds the recent vote to allow avowed homosexual youth as members in the Boy Scouts, it believes that the remaining ban on openly homosexual leaders should also be repealed. The organization has been using an online effort to prompt further changes in the Scouts.

“The Boy Scouts of America voted to end its ban on gay scouts, which is a huge victory for gay youth,” GLAAD writes on its website. “But gay scout leaders … are still banned from scouting. It’s time to keep up the pressure! GLAAD needs your help to make sure gay parents and adults are also able to participate.”

The group has been spearheading an effort since last year to urge the Boy Scouts to allow openly homosexual leaders following the dismissal of Jennifer Tyrell of Ohio, who was ousted from her position because her lifestyle conflicted with scouting policies. This past week, both GLAAD and Tyrell appeared at the Boy Scouts of America annual meeting in Grapevine, Texas to voice its opposition to the ban. Scouts for Equality and the Inclusive Scouting Network were also among those present.

Following the repeal of the current Scout policy regarding openly homosexual members, GLAAD representative Ross Murray appeared on MSNBC  to discuss his view that practicing homosexuals should be allowed to serve as leaders.

“[Allowing homosexual members but not leaders] sends a very mixed message of, ‘We are training you to become leaders, but once you turn 18, we don’t trust you to be leaders within your organization,’” he said. “So, clearly there is still more work to be done until the Scouts are fully inclusive.”

Murray stated that with the new policy coming into effect next year, it will be difficult for many councils to deny a leadership role to a scout once they turn 18.

“Most of the scout leaders are scouts themselves,” he said. “Imagine someone being trained at 14, 15, 16, 17, who is so loyal and dedicated, and has proven their service to the Scouts. It’s going to be harder and harder and harder for local councils to look them in the eye on their 18th birthday and say, ‘Oh, you’re not worthy. You’re not moral. We’re going to kick you out of the organization.’”

“That’s why there are now councils that are passing discrimination policies,” Murray continued. “Here in New York, Connecticut, Minnesota — there have been places that have already put a fully inclusive policy in place.”

The organization has been petitioning about the matter with Tyrell, and has collected over 16,000 signatures to date.

However, others express deep concerns over such policy changes, including the recent amendment that passed in Grapevine last week.

Rob Schwarzwalder, senior vice president of Family Research Council, told reporters that it is dangerous to place men that have sexual attraction toward those of the same gender in charge of juvenile boys.

“As a father, I wouldn’t want my sons to go on a camping trip with a teenage girl and stay in the same tent. Similarly, I think it’s unwise to put boys or young men in a tent with boys or young men who are homosexual,” he outlined.

As previously reported, last October, the Oregon Supreme Court ordered thousands of documents outlining widespread sexual abuse in the Boy Scouts of America to be released to the public. Wayne Perry, president of the Boy Scouts of America, acknowledged the organization’s failure to protect young boys from harm.

“There have been instances where people misused their positions in scouting to abuse children, and in certain cases, our response to these incidents and our efforts to protect youth were plainly insufficient, inappropriate, or wrong,” he said. “Where those involved in scouting failed to protect, or worse, inflicted harm on children, we extend our deepest and sincere apologies to victims and their families.”

“These guys basically were in a candy store, the way they thought about it,” attorney Paul Mones noted.

Alex Mason, policy analyst for the Family Policy Network in Forest, Virginia, told Christian News Network that concerns regarding homosexual leaders are very real and should not be overlooked.

“This … will only lead to the abuse and corruption of young men and boys,” he stated. ”Homosexuals are not always pedophiles, but anyone who doesn’t see the increased incidence of pedophilia among homosexuals simply isn’t paying attention.”

http://christiannews.net/2013/05/28/glaad-continues-push-for-boy-scouts-to-allow-openly-homosexual-scout-leaders/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2013, 12:28:41 pm »

I was reading an article this morning over how Christian organizations like the SBC, Assemblies of God, etc were withdrawing their support.

Seriously - pedifile cases have been going on for years and years in the BSA - where was all of their outrage over THIS? And they're waiting until NOW?

The SBC is going to WAIT until next month to take a vote on this - why don't they withdraw RIGHT NOW?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2013, 11:35:03 am »

Catholic leaders urge support for Boy Scouts after shift on gays

Well, of course they do  Roll Eyes 

The U.S. Catholic Church’s top liaison to the Boy Scouts of America is telling Catholic Scout leaders and troop sponsors that the BSA’s new policy welcoming gay Scouts “is not in conflict with Catholic teaching” and they should continue to support scouting programs.

“Scouting is still the best youth-serving program available to all youth,” Edward P. Martin, chairman of the National Catholic Committee on Scouting, wrote in a May 29 letter addressed to “fellow Catholic Scouters.”

“We should be encouraged that the change in BSA’s youth membership standard is not in conflict with Catholic teaching,” Martin said, asking that “Catholic Scouters and chartered organization heads not rush to judgment.”

Martin said that despite some concerns, the NCCS had taken a neutral stance on a resolution adopted on May 23 by the BSA’s National Council.

In balloting that was seen as a potential watershed in the culture wars, more than 60 percent of the 1,400 members of the BSA council voted to allow gay Scouts while still barring gay men from being Scout leaders. The policy change takes effect Jan. 1.

Martin said that in the week following the vote, he and his colleagues consulted with the BSA, with other faith-based Scouting groups and with Catholic experts, and weighed feedback on social media before declaring themselves satisfied that the new policy would not conflict with Catholic teaching.

One of the experts Martin cited was Edward Peters, a canon lawyer popular with church conservatives who wrote that while he disliked the new policy it was not contrary to church doctrine.

Martin noted that Scouting policies still bar sexual activity of any kind, and that the Boy Scouts are still a religiously oriented group that prohibits members from promoting “any social or political position or agenda.” He also noted that many young Catholics themselves do not want to leave the Boy Scouts.

Martin’s comments will come as a relief to the BSA, because religious organizations comprise 70 percent of its sponsoring organizations and many fear the new policy could split American scouting. The Roman Catholic Church, which is the BSA’s third-largest sponsor, accounts for about 10 percent of the national total of 2.6 million Scouts. Mormons are the top sponsors, followed by United Methodists.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – the Mormons – has already signaled that it does not object to the new policy and United Methodist Scouting officials said they would continue to support the BSA. On the other side, Southern Baptists and other evangelical and conservative Christian groups have raised strong objections to the move and some have said they will explore alternatives to the Boy Scouts.

Martin’s letter may also be important in heading off a potential split within the Catholic Church over the new BSA policy.

Following the vote, a number of Catholics said the church should sever its ties with the BSA and launch alternative scouting groups. The Sunday after the BSA decision, the Rev. Derek Lappe of Our Lady Star of the Sea in Bremerton, Wash., announced that he was closing the parish’s scouting program in a lengthy broadside that called gays “loser men” and listed widely discredited reasons why some men are gay.

But most Catholics appear to be supportive of the move, and church leaders seem willing to find an accommodation given that Scouting is such a popular way of keeping boys connected to church.

Bishop Robert Guglielmone of Charleston, S.C., who is the hierarchy’s official adviser to the NCCS, attended the May 23 meeting of the BSA and said afterward that while he was “not particularly encouraged” by the vote “we can live with it.”

Since most boys are going to stay no matter what happens, Guglielmone told the National Catholic Register, “We have a real obligation to stay in dialogue and to stay connected to the program.”

But he warned the BSA that “if it gets to the point where some of our basic issues are threatened – such as being able to pick leaders for Catholic chartered groups or in diminishing the role of religion and God – then we will have to re-evaluate our participation in the program at that time.”

Each bishop can decide whether the new membership policy is acceptable. Guglielmone has written to every U.S. bishop, and Martin said the NCCS would develop a plan to ensure “a consistent message is delivered to dioceses, parishes, Catholic Scouters and the media” on the church’s views about allowing gay Scouts.

http://www.religionnews.com/2013/05/31/catholic-leaders-urge-support-for-boy-scouts-after-shift-on-gays/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2013, 05:29:27 pm »

Lips sealed
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2013, 06:32:11 am »

Churches Boot Boy Scouts for Lifting Ban on Openly Homosexual Members

Following the recent vote to lift the ban on open homosexual members in the Boy Scouts of America, a number of churches across the country have announced that they will be cutting ties with the organization.

Reports state that the majority of entities that charter with the Boy Scouts are either faith-based organizations or churches.  However, some churches have now decided not to allow the Scouts to use their facilities any more as the organization no longer represents their moral values.

Pastor Mike Shaw of the First Baptist Church of Pelham, Alabama is among those ending his alliance with the Scouts. He recently explained that his church could not in good conscience support the acceptance of sinful behavior.

“We don’t hate anybody,” Shaw told reporters. “We’re not doing it out of hatred. The teachings of the Scripture are very clear on this. We’re doing it because it violates the clear teaching of Scripture.”

Pastor Tim Hester of Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, Kentucky met with his board of elders recently, which likewise decided not to renew its charter with the Boy Scouts.

“Truly for us it’s a logical decision,” he said. “We cannot be distracted from the mission God has called us to.”

Hester noted, however, that the charter would be discontinued regardless of the results of the vote, but did not elaborate.

Connect with Christian News 
Pastor Ernest Easley of Roswell Street Baptist Church in Marietta, Georgia said that his church would no longer support the Scouts either.

“It is extremely sad,” he stated. “I’d never dreamed that I’d be standing in front of a group preaching on Sunday, encouraging parents to pull kids out of Boy Scouts of America.”

“If we’re a church that affirms God’s word as the inerrant word of God that we’re going to live by, that we’re going to raise our families by, that we’re going to do church by, then it may be sad, but it’s a simple decision,” Easley continued. “We are not going to put our arms around organizations that openly oppose the moral guidelines taught in God’s word.”

The Southern Baptist Convention plans to vote next month on a resolution in regard to the Scouting policy, which may result in additional churches distancing themselves from the organization.

“Baptists have stayed where they should and Scouts have left us,” Frank Page, president of the Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee and a former scout, told reporters. “We believe there is an objective right and an objective wrong.”

As previously reported, a number of Christian organizations are predicting a mass exodus from the Boy Scouts of America following last month’s decision.

“I think what we’re going to see in the next year or so is a mass exodus of adults and boys from the Boy Scouts of America program,” said Randy Sharp of the American Family Association. “Some of the estimates that I’ve heard are up to 400,000 to 500,000 boys and adults will resign their positions with the Boy Scouts of America.”

“We believe that the BSA policy change will lead to a mass exodus from the Boy Scout program,” agreed the Assemblies of God headquarters. “Assemblies of God and many other churches can no longer support groups that are part of an organization allowing members who are openly homosexual.”

http://christiannews.net/2013/06/01/churches-boot-boy-scouts-for-lifting-ban-on-openly-homosexual-members/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2013, 06:37:11 am »

Pastor Mike Shaw of the First Baptist Church of Pelham, Alabama is among those ending his alliance with the Scouts. He recently explained that his church could not in good conscience support the acceptance of sinful behavior.

“We don’t hate anybody,” Shaw told reporters. “We’re not doing it out of hatred. The teachings of the Scripture are very clear on this. We’re doing it because it violates the clear teaching of Scripture.”

do you have the same outrage over lying? what about adultery? how about lust? nothing?

The acceptance of sodomy IS A JUDGMENT!!!!!

Rom 1:24   Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

HELLO!!! This is a JUDGMENT from GOD!!!! When Sodomites move into a country it is a Judgment that that country has REJECTED GOD!!, Amerika is NOT a God fearing country. We are UNDER JUDGMENT ALREADY!!! 
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2013, 09:39:10 am »

do you have the same outrage over lying? what about adultery? how about lust? nothing?

The acceptance of sodomy IS A JUDGMENT!!!!!

Rom 1:24   Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

HELLO!!! This is a JUDGMENT from GOD!!!! When Sodomites move into a country it is a Judgment that that country has REJECTED GOD!!, Amerika is NOT a God fearing country. We are UNDER JUDGMENT ALREADY!!! 

Or how about false teachings? I wonder if this same pastor did Rick Warren's or Bill Hybel's Emergent nonsense teachings - but no expressing of concerns when Warren and Hybels said Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

Or how about no-fault divorce? Has he ever said anything about it?

Or how about a chunk of the false teachers in the heretical Southern Baptist Convention he's in? He right there is yoking with unbelievers!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2013, 11:36:47 pm »

Pastor Mike Shaw of the First Baptist Church of Pelham, Alabama is among those ending his alliance with the Scouts.

Just looked on this church's web site, and saw some of this leaven...

Job Concern Ministry

Employer: Our goal is to be a partner with employers in the community.

School of Fine Arts

Upcoming Mission Fundraising Activities:

◾September 26th- Golf Tournament

Upward Basketball  is an evangelistic opportunity for children K5 – 8th grade.  Our K-5 League is an instructional league that meets for one hour, only on Saturday’s, for practice and games. 1st – 8th graders practice one hour once a week and play for one hour on Saturday for eight weeks.

Family Ski Trip – February 28-March 2 – Cost $160.00. We leave at 3:30 on Friday afternoon and return 8:30 Sunday night. Cost includes: two nights lodging and 5 meals at Junnaluska Conference Center and two day days of lift tickets, rental and ski school at Cattaloochie Ski in Maggi Valley NC.

And lastly, look at the picture of their cross...

Dunno, but it kinda looks like this occultic celtic cross...

Celtic cross exposed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_cross

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2013, 05:24:35 am »

Boy Scouts March in Uniform at Utah Homosexual Pride Parade

Well... that didnt take long now did it..

Despite orders from their local council not to do so, a number of Boy Scouts and their leaders marched in uniform at the Salt Lake City homosexual pride parade yesterday.

Just days after the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) voted to end the organization’s ban on openly homosexual members, Salt Lake leaders arranged for the scouts to march in the parade, including Peter Brownstein, one of the local scoutmasters. Brownstein told NBC that a few adults and youth marched in uniform at the front of the homosexual pride parade, and that he also marched, but not in scoutmaster apparel.

“I was essentially intimidated and told not to wear my BSA uniform,” he told reporters. “So, I am unfortunately not in my BSA uniform, but am glad that others have chosen to do so.”

According to reports, an email to the scouts from Salt Lake City executive Rick Barnes outlined that members and leaders could participate in the parade, but not in uniform.

“[H]aving uniformed scouts and scouters in the gay pride parade this weekend is not acceptable and not allowed,” he wrote. “The new policy states that no person, youth or adult may use scouting to promote sexual orientation or any other political or social agenda.”

“That’s our official position. It always has been, there’s nothing new here,” Barnes told reporters. “We just don’t want people to use the Boy Scouts to advocate their positions.”

However, some of the leaders and members wore their uniform anyway. One of the participants was Kenji Mikesell, 18. He marched both with the scouts and the organization Mormons Building Bridges, which held signs such as “Jesus said love everyone.”

“It just feels like the right thing to do,” he said.

Scoutmaster Dave McGrath also wore his uniform at the event.

“This is not advocacy, unless marching in the Columbus Day Parade is advocacy for Italians or marching in the St. Patty’s Day in Boston or Chicago is advocacy for Irish,” he stated. “We are advocating as Boy Scouts within Boy Scouts to live their Scout Law.”

However, BSA headquarters disagrees.

“These individuals stated a personal opinion and do not represent scouting,” it wrote in a statement. “Scouting teaches people that often in life, one finds rules they don’t agree with, but a scout is to be obedient.”

“To simply disobey a rule because you disagree with it is not an example to set for youth,” it continued. “It is up to each council to determine how best to hold their leaders to the standards of Scouting. We will support the Greater Salt Lake Area Council as they determine the appropriate response.”

The American Family Association likewise expressed concern today, and called upon Christians to pull their children out of the organization.

“Just ten days after the BSA voted to accept open and avowed ‘gay’ scouts, the Scout Oath and Law are already falling apart,” it stated. “The first to fall was the pledge to be ‘morally straight.’ By defiantly marching in the parade, the BSA has now lost ‘trustworthy’ and ‘obedient.’”

“Immediately after the historic vote, activists were already screaming that the new policy doesn’t go far enough,” it continued. “They have vowed to continue their bully tactics until homosexual adults are openly accepted.”

http://christiannews.net/2013/06/03/boy-scouts-march-in-uniform-at-utah-homosexual-pride-parade/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2013, 11:49:25 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/churches-split-scouts-welcoming-gay-youth-192048337.html
Churches split on Scouts' welcoming of gay youth
6/5/13

In suburban Atlanta, northern Idaho and a number of other places, churches have moved swiftly to sever ties with the Boy Scouts of America in protest over the vote last month to let openly gay boys participate in Scouting.

To date, it's far from the mass defection that some conservatives had predicted before the vote by the BSA's National Council. But the exodus could soon swell, depending on the outcome of the Southern Baptist Convention's annual meeting next week in Houston.

Baptist leaders say the agenda is likely to include a resolution encouraging SBC-affiliated churches to phase out their sponsorships of Scout units.

"I would bet there would be a resolution expressing disappointment with the Boy Scouts' decision and calling on Southern Baptist churches to prepare for the need for alternatives," said the Rev. Russell Moore, president of the SBC's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission.

"How quickly that happens will probably differ from congregation to congregation," Moore said. "I do think most Southern Baptists see the Boy Scouts moving in a direction that's not going to be consistent with our beliefs."

The Southern Baptists — the largest Protestant denomination in the U.S. — already have a youth program for boys, the Royal Ambassadors. SBC leaders have suggested it could expand to accommodate boys leaving the Scouts.

According to BSA figures, Baptist churches sponsor Scout units serving about 108,000 of the BSA's 2.6 million youth members.

While many Baptist churches may be awaiting the outcome of next week's meeting, some already have decided to break with the BSA.

In Marietta, Ga., pastor Ernest Easley said his Roswell Street Baptist Church is ending its affiliation with Boy Scout Troop 204 that dates back to 1945.

"I never dreamed I'd have to stand up publicly and say to parents: 'Pull your kids out of the Boy Scouts,'" Easley told Baptist Press, the SBC's official news agency.

Baptist churches in Elizabethtown and Rineyville, Ky., Helena and Pelham, Ala., and Jacksonville, Ark., also say they're cutting ties with the BSA.

Tim Reed, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Gravel Ridge in Jacksonville, said in an e-mail that his congregation — including a 15-year-old boy on track to win the coveted Eagle Scout rank — strongly backed the decision to end sponsorship of a Scout troop.

"He was set to be one of the youngest boys to make Eagle," Reed wrote. "He said that he must uphold God's word over the Boy Scouts' decision no matter what the personal cost."

Among the latest to cut ties was Candlelight Christian Fellowship, a nondenominational church in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, which announced this week that it would end its charter of a Boy Scout troop at the end of this year.

"We're a Bible-believing church, and the Boy Scouts have opted to pursue a different moral path," said the associate pastor, Buck Storm. "It's a sad time for us."

In all, about 70 percent of the 116,000 Scout units in the United States are sponsored by religious organizations.

Some are liberal denominations that welcomed the change of policy on gay youths and want the Boy Scouts to go further by lifting the still-intact ban on gays serving as adult leaders. But some of the largest sponsors are relatively conservative churches that had long supported the Scouts' no-gays policy, and have been wrestling with how to respond to the May 23 vote.

To the relief of BSA leaders, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has said it accepts the new youth policy and will not cut ties. The Mormons sponsor more Scout units than any other organization, serving about 430,000 boys.

The United Methodist Church, the second-largest sponsor serving about 363,000 boys, has shied away from official endorsement or rejection of the BSA policy change. Some individual Methodist leaders have been critical, while the General Commission on United Methodist Men, which oversees the denomination's youth programs, says it will continue to support Scouting.

Similar divisions have surfaced within the Roman Catholic Church, the third-largest Scout sponsor serving about 273,000 youths.

A Catholic pastor in Bremerton, Wash., the Rev. Derek Lappe of Our Lady Star of the Sea, wrote an open letter to his parishioners announcing that the parish would cut its ties with the Scouts and develop new youth programs of its own.

"I am very aware that my objection to the change ... is increasingly considered bigoted and backward," Lappe wrote. "But I won't put public opinion ahead of the good of the boys and young men in my parish."

In the Chicago suburb of Crystal Lake, the pastor of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church notified local Scout leaders that the church would no longer sponsor a Cub Scout pack and Boy Scout troop. In a letter conveying the decision, the Rev. Brian Grady wrote that it would be "not only unjust, but immoral" for straight boys to have to share tents on camping trips with gay Scouts.

And in Arlington, Va., Catholic Bishop Paul Loverde issued a statement saying the new membership policy "forces us to prayerfully reconsider whether a continued partnership with the BSA will be possible."

"It is highly disappointing to see the Boy Scouts of America succumb to external pressures and political causes at the cost of its moral integrity," said Loverde, who predicted the policy change will bring "continuing controversy, policy fights and discord."

However, the National Catholic Committee on Scouting — which works with the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops to coordinate the church's involvement in Scouting — has taken a more positive view of the policy change.

"We should be encouraged that the change in BSA's youth membership standard is not in conflict with Catholic teaching," Edward Martin, the committee's chairman, wrote last week in an open letter to Catholics involved in Scouting.

Martin, an Eagle Scout with five children who've been Scouts, said his committee would form a task force to work with Catholic dioceses and parishes on how best to go forward in light of the change.

"Our youth don't want to leave Scouting. Scouting is still the best program around," Martin wrote. "Let's continue this important journey together."

Another conservative denomination, the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, says it is "deeply concerned" by the policy change, and continues to deliberate on how it will respond.

From its headquarters in Texas, the BSA has formed a task force to smooth the path of implementing the new policy, which will take effect on Jan. 1, 2014.

Meanwhile, the BSA says it is reaching out to the organizations that sponsor Scout troops, including those which oppose the policy change.

"We're finding that for many people, when they read the new policy they see it is reflective of the beliefs of most of Scouting's major religious chartered organizations," said BSA spokesman Deron Smith.

Russell Moore, the Southern Baptist official, said he doubted the Scouts' outreach would succeed in overcoming his denomination's opposition to the policy change, in part because of a sense that the BSA will eventually lift the ban on gay adults serving as leaders.

"Most Southern Baptists are seeing a trajectory that we've seen before in other cultural institutions," Moore said. "We know how this movie ends."
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: