End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 02:28:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What did Jesus actually say?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did Jesus actually say?  (Read 6026 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2012, 06:21:27 am »

Did Jesus condemn homosexuality?

It would appear to be indisputable that same-sex marriage and the open celebration of homosexuality is quickly becoming a part of the global cultural agenda – and corresponding to the rise of the activist homosexual agenda is a teaching that is permeating the Christian world: “Since Jesus never mentions homosexuality nor does He specifically condemn it, homosexuality must be legitimate in Jesus’ eyes.”

Let me address these issues from the biblical worldview. As a matter of fact, I include an entire chapter in my new book, “The Magic Man in the Sky: Effectively Defending The Christian Faith,” on the importance and relevance of various worldviews upon cultures and civilizations.

This is a foundationally important issue. For if there is no God or accountability to God, our Creator, as the secular worldview would have us to believe, then homosexual marriage is a completely legitimate issue. Pedophilia and bestiality would not be out of the question either, should the prevailing secular worldview “deem” the lifestyles to be acceptable and the “new norm.” The biblical worldview, however, is grounded in the unchanging tenets of the Word of God. This is where the loudest cultural clash occurs … when two worlds collide.

So, did Jesus condemn, speak of, or even mention homosexuality? The one who espouses this false teaching usually begins by saying that he discounts both the Old Testament and the writings of Paul and adheres only to the four Gospels. In so doing, they think they have found a convenient way to justify the homosexual lifestyle. First, the gyrations one must use to reach this illogical conclusion are astounding and ought to be the first dead giveaway of the falsehood of the proposition. But, secondly, let’s simply examine the question on its face – did Jesus ever say anything in the four Gospels that would condemn the homosexual lifestyle or homosexual marriage?

As it turns out, yes, He did. As a matter of fact, He spoke very clearly and directly about the issue. Let me begin with Matthew 19:4. Here Jesus is answering a question from the Pharisees regarding divorce. However, his answer is very telling concerning the entire issue of sexuality, the purpose of sexuality, marriage and the proper form of marriage. Here are the words of Jesus:

“And He answered and said to them, ‘Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning “made them male and female,” and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”?’” (Matthew 19:4)

Here Jesus upholds creation, male and female sexual relationships (in marriage), male and female marriage, procreation as a part of male and female marriage, and the sanctity of male and female marriage and sexual relationships. His answer is a blanket ignoring (thus condemnation as perversion) of anything outside God’s standard for sexuality and marriage. This truth cannot be legitimately explained away.

But, Jesus gets even more direct concerning the issue of homosexuality. In John 5:46-47, Jesus tells his detractors that unless one holds to the writings of Moses (the first five books of the Bible), one cannot fully know or understand truth or Jesus Himself. “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5:46-47) Of course, in the first five books of the Bible we read of the days of Noah and Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis) and the blanket condemnation of homosexuality as perversion (Leviticus). Oh well, so much for throwing out the Old Testament to legitimize homosexuality. But wait – Jesus gets even more direct with the matter.

Jesus also spoke of the destruction of the Sodomite (openly celebrating homosexuality) cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. (Luke 17:28-32; Matthew 10:15; 11:24; Mark 6:11.) The presenting sin that brought about the destruction of those cultures was homosexuality. Consider these words found in the book of Jude:

“Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.” (Jude 1:7-8)

Three of the four gospels contain quotes from Jesus about the sinful condition of Sodom and Gomorrah and the destruction that the celebration of the presenting sin of homosexuality wrought upon them. One of those quotes equates the sins of Sodom (homosexuality) to the same type of pervasive perversion of Noah’s day (Luke 17:26-30). So, as it turns out … YES, Jesus did speak rather forthrightly, and often, about the sin of homosexuality and the judgment that it brings upon societies that celebrate it.

But, most important to the issue is the matter of the person of Jesus. Who is He? Well, He claimed to be God with us. The Scriptures claim that He is God with us (Matthew 1:24). Even his enemies knew that Jesus was making this claim (John 10:33). So, if Jesus is “God with us,” then we have to ask, “Does God condemn homosexuality?” The answer is obvious. From Genesis to Revelation, God’s Word, homosexuality is condemned as perversion and a certain sign that God’s judgment is on the way to the culture that openly celebrates it as “normal.”

Now for the good news. Once we understand the correct and contextual biblical position in this matter, we also discover that homosexuality is not the unforgivable sin. There is hope, healing, forgiveness and salvation for anyone caught in the grips of any sinful lifestyle. Jesus extends his love and forgiveness to anyone, the Bible says, if one would repent (turn from) their sin and call upon Jesus Christ as Lord. Just like the woman caught in the act of adultery, you can hear Jesus say, “Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more.”

Carl Gallups is a pastor, talk-radio host and author of “The Magic Man in the Sky: Effectively Defending The Christian Faith.”

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/did-jesus-condemn-homosexuality/?cat_orig=faith
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 06:22:29 am »

Is it true Jesus never addressed same-sex marriage?

Today it is popular among those promoting same-sex marriage to say that Jesus never addressed the issue, that He was silent on the subject.

Those who affirm the historical and traditional understanding of marriage between a man and woman often are admonished to go and read the Bible more carefully. If we do so, we are told, we will see that Jesus never addressed the issue. So, the question that I want to raise is, "Is this assertion correct?" Is it indeed the fact that Jesus never addresses the issue of same-sex marriage?

When one goes to the Gospels to see exactly what Jesus did say, one will discover that He addressed very clearly both the issues of sex and marriage. He addresses both their use and misuse. And, as He speaks to both subjects, He makes it plain that issues of the heart are of critical importance.

First, what did Jesus say about sex? Jesus believed that sex is a good gift from a great God. He also believed that sex was a good gift to be enjoyed within a monogamous, heterosexual covenant of marriage. On this He is crystal clear. In Mark 7 Jesus addresses the fact that all sin is ultimately an issue of the heart. Jesus was never after behavioral modification. Jesus was always after heart transformation. Change the heart and you truly change the person.

Thus, when He lists a catalog of sins in Mark 7:21-22, He makes it clear that all of these sins are ultimately matters of the heart. It is the idols of the heart that Jesus is out to eradicate. Among those sins of the heart that often give way to sinful actions He would include both sexual immorality and adultery (Mark 7:21). The phrase "sexual immorality," in a biblical context, would speak of any sexual behavior outside the covenant of marriage between a man and woman. Therefore, Jesus viewed pre-marital sex, adultery and homosexual behavior as sinful. And, He knew that the cure for each is a transformation of the heart made possible by the good news of the Gospel. The Gospel changes us so that now we are enabled to do not what we want, but what God wants. Here we find real freedom and joy.

Second, what about the issue of marriage? Is it truly the case that Jesus never spoke to the issue in terms of gender? The answer is a simple no. He gives His perspective on this when He addresses the issue in Matthew 19:4-6. There, speaking to the institution of marriage, Jesus is clear when He says, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, 'Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate." That Jesus was committed to heterosexual marriage could not be more evident. A man is to leave his parents and be joined to a woman who becomes his wife. This is heterosexual marriage. That He also was committed to the permanence and fidelity of marriage is clear as well.

So, how might we sum up the issue? First, Jesus came to deliver all people from all sin. Such sin, He was convinced, originated in and was ultimately a matter of the heart. Second, Jesus made it clear that sex is a good gift from a great God, and this good gift is to be enjoyed within heterosexual covenantal marriage. It is simply undeniable that Jesus assumed heterosexual marriage as God's design and plan. Third, Jesus sees all sexual activity outside this covenant as sinful. Fourth, it is a very dangerous and illegitimate interpretive strategy to bracket the words of Jesus and read into them the meaning you would like to find. We must not isolate Jesus from His affirmation of the Old Testament as the Word of God nor divorce Him from His first century Jewish context. Fifth, and this is really good news, Jesus loves both the heterosexual sinner and the homosexual sinner and promises free forgiveness and complete deliverance to each and everyone who comes to Him.

John 7 tells the story of a woman caught in adultery. The religious legalists want to stone her, but Jesus intervenes and prevents her murder. He then looks upon the woman and, with grace and tenderness, tells her that He does not condemn her. Then He says to her, "go and sin no more." In Matthew 11:28 Jesus speaks to every one of us weighed down under the terrible weight and burden of sin. Listen to these tender words of the Savior, "Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest." This is the hope that is found in Jesus. This is the hope found in the Gospel. Whether one is guilty of heterosexual or homosexual sin, one will find grace, forgiveness and freedom at the foot of the cross where the ground is always level.

When I came to fully trust Jesus as my Lord and Savior at the age of 20, I determined that I wanted to think like Jesus and live like Jesus for the rest of my life. When it comes to sex I want to think like Jesus. When it comes to marriage I want to think like Jesus. That means I will affirm covenantal heterosexual marriage. It also means loving each and every person regardless of their lifestyle choices. It means, as His representative, proclaiming His Gospel and extending the transforming grace of the Gospel to others that takes us where we are, but wonderfully and amazingly, does not leave us there. That is a hope and a promise that followers of Jesus gladly extend to everyone, because we have been recipients of that same amazing grace.

http://www.bpnews.net/BPFirstPerson.asp?ID=38461
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 04:51:29 pm »

Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?

Part One: Topic: Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? The New Religious Right likes to spend a lot of time scaring people and raising money using the issue of homosexuality. While the Bible is very clear that homosexuality is an abomination before God, was this the sole reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah? Are there other issues that many of the New Religious Right and Neo-evangelicals might be involved in themselves, for which God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah? Topic: Why do many of the New Religious Right and Neo-evangelicals often only focus on the sin of homosexuality and ignore pride, false teaching, apostasy, and rebellion against God in their ranting and fund raising letters? Homosexuality is the symptom of a larger problem that must be addressed with the gospel. Topic: Why do most of the New Religious Right and neo-evangelicals ignore Biblical theology and doctrine? Topic: Since Minnesota passed a law allowing for same-sex marriage a female religious broadcaster in the Twin Cities has pontificated that there might be some kind of judgment on the state such as “economically or some weather-related kind of a tragedy…” Instead of looking for some kind of tragedy, such as a tornado ripping through the Twin Cities as a sign of God’s judgment, this religious broadcaster seems to not understand that the acceptance of homosexuality IS part of God’s judgment as revealed in Romans 1. Topic: How was God actually being merciful to future people and nations by destroying Sodom and Gomorrah? Topic: For what other sins, in addition to homosexuality, revealed Sodom and Gomorrah rebellion against God? Topic: What other nation is listed in the Bible as being worse than Sodom even though they did not practice the sexual abominations of Sodom? Topic: We take your calls.

Click here to download the MP3
http://media.worldviewweekend.com/sites/default/files_wvw.com/audio_legacy/96827371bde4e0113eedfda806dd42271d396cf2dc591a3ed04a02204aaf90fe.mp3

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/radio/audio/brannon-howse-aired-may-22-2013
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 04:52:18 pm »

it was an interesting discussion, but all the commercials in the broadcast was way over kill.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 04:54:34 pm »

Topic: Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? (Part Two).

On today’'s program hear the shocking audio from a television news channel in Lynchburg, Virginia in which an admitted homosexual student speaks of his time at Liberty University. The television news station reports that this man is now attending the seminary at Liberty University. The student wrote an article for “The Atlantic Magazine” in April of 2013, entitled “Being Gay at Jerry Falwell'’s University.” Topic: In the article in "The Atlantic" the student wrote: "““Before I moved off-campus, I lived with the coolest group of guys in perhaps the coolest and most esteemed hall on campus: E-6,” he stated. “When we weren’t jumping off the James River bridge naked, we were four-wheeling naked. And when we weren’t playing naked ‘Man Games’ on Thursday night (which were a two-hour series of homoerotic slap-and-tickle games), we were sneaking into the East Campus pool after hours… naked. Everyone on campus loved our guys because they were cool; I loved them because they were constantly naked."” Topic: The Christian Post reports that Liberty Chancellor Jerry Falwell Jr. said that the student “"hit the nail on the head"” and that "“I think Liberty has always been the place —my father said it a million times— where you hate sin but love the sinner, and never condemn anybody or judge anybody but try to help them."” Topic: Where are the pro-family leaders and religious broadcasters warning of God’'s judgment on Liberty University or a tornado ripping through Lynchburg because of how they have handled this situation or because they are now reportedly allowing this young man to enroll in a master’s program at Liberty Seminary? Many within the New Religious Right are known for predicating God’'s judgment through natural disasters when a state passes a same-sex marriage law but where are the New Religious Right when it comes to what is going on within evangelicalism? Where are the fundraising letters from the New Religious Right condemning Liberty University and asking for money so they can save America? Brannon is making the point that Christians should not expect the good ole boy club of the New Religious Right and neo-evangelicals to publically condemn or challenge the actions of Liberty University or any of the other serious theological issues inside modern-day evangelicalism. Apparently today'’s New Religious Right and neo-evangelicals don'’t take too seriously the Biblical mandate to judge those inside the faith as spoken of in I Peter 4:17 or I Corinthians 5:12 but prefer to judge the unsaved world. Perhaps raising money by ranting against the unsaved world is more successful than discussing the unbiblical actions and theology within evangelicalism? Topic: Here is another example of the problems within evangelicalism that much of the New Religious Right ignores. Hear an audio of Pat Robertson answer a women that is struggling with the fact that her husband committed adultery. Robertson tells her that “he’s a man” and “but recognize also, like it or not, males have a tendency to uh, uh, wander a little bit...” Topic: We take your calls.

Click here to download the MP3
http://media.worldviewweekend.com/sites/default/files_wvw.com/audio/wvwradio-05-23-13edited_0.mp3

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/radio/audio/brannon-howse-aired-may-23-2013

Havent listened to this one yet
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 08:06:22 pm »

Yeah, a lot of people(including myself) can get a misperception that God's judgment *will* come down on these respective states(and ultimately this country) if/when they pass same sex marriage. First off, we have to look at the WHOLE picture...

Go WAY back to Wescott and Hort in the 1800's - their Alexandrian texts have watered down a lot of key doctrines, including the sin of homosexuality, and most importantly the diety of Christ. Then fast-forward to the 1950's when 501c3 was passed into legislation, and I believe it was prior to that that apostate CS Lewis was embraced by churches in America. Then you had the "sexual revolution" in the 1960's, b/c Alfred Kinsey's "theories" were slowly being accepted into society, and it only planted the seeds for bigger depravity like we're seeing now. And then Rupert Murdoch came up with the NIV in 1978.

Then you had the USSC kicking prayer and bible reading out of public schools in the 60's, which has lead to New Age paganism teachings in these schools over the long haul. And then the modern-day church system got so apostate, that they embraced all of these Emergent/Postmodernism New Age teachings from Rick Warren, Brian McLaren, etc. And not to mention too it's been over 20 years when this organized church system expressed no qualms with the RCC.

So here we are in our present day - it should be no surprise that the homosexual agenda is being pushed through rather easily. It's not like these thugs just woke up one morning with this big plan and it ended up getting rammed through overnight.

Did Katrina hitting New Orleans and that recent EF5 tornado hitting Moore, OK have anything to do with them having gay pride parades? Honestly, can't say and won't speculate, as God's thoughts are not my thoughts. However, it may not be a good idea to speculate this aspect for the reason being that it ends up getting us off-track about our discernment. For example, San Francisco has had gay pride parades for years and years, why haven't they gotten any natural disasters?

And for that matter too, yeah, one of the leaven that's hit the modern-day church system is that they will ONLY focus on a *certain few* sins like abortion and homosexuality, but really won't go beyond that. For example, they're silent on other issues like no-fault divorce, adultery(as long as it's not the pastor, that is), pride and self-righteousness, false teaching(ie-since when has the likes of Billy Graham and Rick Warren been held accountable?), kids being in these secular public schools, rock music(as these churches have allowed "Christian Rock" and CCM), false bible versions, etc.

Yeah, ultimately, the homosexual agenda has hit society with rather ease now b/c this country has reaped what it sowed for a very long time. It's not like b/c we're allowing it now, that some natural disaster is going to come at any moment. And yes, I do believe this agenda is the law straw, as the bible calls it an abomination.

Gal 6:7  Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8  For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 10:34:51 pm »

A couple of more things...

1) Forget about all of this debate over "Are these natural disasters God's judgments or not?" - even more importantly, look at the COSTS that are a result of these natural disasters. The Moore, OK tornado costs were $1b. I mean that's ALOT of money right there for a SMALL town. Just imagine if that was New York or LA. This country is all but bankrupt, but it still has to put out a lot of money in federal aid - the more we have these weather-related disasters, the more the costs will go up, the more the FR will have to print more money hence adding to the ever-growing national debt, and the more it will play its part in the national and global economic collapse.

IMHO, if/when "the big one" hits California, it could have a devastating effect on the national economy b/c it's the largest state in the union.

2) As Christians, no, these news stories shouldn't depress us or anything - but nonetheless, look at all of the indifferent reactions to these big weather-related disasters from the rest of the country, especially the modern-day church. They're like "Eh...it's just another news story that will pass...". When I was in Ohio in 2005(was out of New Orleans at the time b/c of Katrina), I commented to a teenage cashier at the grocery store that I was a Katrina survivor - she gave me a blank stare like she had no idea what I was talking about.

No, I don't expect anyone to be "community organizers" or anything(this is unbiblical on the church's part), but nonetheless you can see the indifferent attitudes people in general have nowdays.

And the bible says there would be famine and scoffers in the last days - which is the angle of bible prophecy we should look at concerning these weather-related disasters.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:36:28 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 03:59:19 am »

Topic: Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?

It's right there in scripture. All one needs to do is read it!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 05:17:38 am »

Jesus and "Same-Sex Marriage"

The argument for “same-sex marriage” often includes the myth that Jesus didn’t say anything against homosexuality, and His alleged silence on the issue is taken as support for it.

This idea could only be proposed successfully among people who are ignorant of the Jesus of the Bible and who are committed to an imaginary “Jesus” created after a contemporary image. It is an idea that resonates with a nation that is in love with the false christ of The Shack.

The Jesus of the Bible upheld the covenant of Genesis 2, which is foundational to the Bible’s teaching on marriage. When asked about divorce, Jesus replied:

“Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder” (Matthew 19:4-6).

Thus, Jesus emphatically upheld “traditional” one man/one woman marriage.

Further, the Bible as a whole is the infallible Word of God, as Paul so plainly taught.

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works: (2 Tim 3:15-17).

The words of Paul in the New Testament Epistles are no less authoritative than the words of Jesus in the Gospels, and Paul emphatically taught that homosexuality is a corruption of God’s created order. Consider the Epistle of Romans, which Paul wrote as “a servant of Jesus, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God” (Rom. 1:1). Paul is writing with authority invested in him by Christ, and in the first chapter of this Epistle homosexuality is called “vile affections” (v. 26), “against nature” (v. 26), “unseemly” (v. 27), “error” (v. 27), “a reprobate mind” (v. 28).

Those clamoring for “same-sex marriage” aren’t just opposed to a few Christian “traditionalists” who have have allegedly twisted the teaching of Christ, they are opposed to Jesus himself, at whose name “every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and ... every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:10).

http://wayoflife.org/index_files/jesus_and_same_sex_marriage.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 08:27:17 am »

I've heard a lot of the craziest things over "What Jesus said" in this modern-day pop culture - for example, I've heard from this same crowd how Jesus said nothing about gambling and steroid using.

Well, for anyone that's read passages concerning "Take therefore no thought for the morrow:...", or "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth...", or "But godliness with contentment is great gain.", or "...
for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived." would clearly see that Jesus warned against them.

Rev_2:7  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 11:40:58 am »

Good teaching
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 11:50:22 am »

LGBT

Let
God
Be
True

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 11:55:44 am »

LGBT

Let
God
Be
True

Wink

That's a good one! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 12:05:23 pm »

Good teaching

I've yet to listen to it(but will do so shortly) - but the sin of Sodom is NOT ONLY the sodomites(yes, they play a big part). In one of the OT major prophets(forget which one), they talk about how the sin of Sodom is PRIDE.

Let's not forget the "religious right"'s/modern-day church system's role in all of this too - for example, there was a time as recent as 10 years ago when George W. Bush got re-elected, that they felt they were controlling the world on their fingertips, thinking b/c they're the ones going out to the voting booth in masses, ultimately they're the ones that were changing the moral course of this country. I was just a window-shopping church goer then, but nonetheless even their pride and arrogantcy was pretty obvious.

It was only like a couple of years later the whole Ted Haggard scandal broke just 2 weeks or so before the 2006 midterm elections, and all of a sudden this same group started to complain how their faith felt shipwrecked. And now they wonder why Barack Obama is running this country.

Luke 16:9  And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
Luk 16:10  He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
Luk 16:11  If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
Luk 16:12  And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 06:15:42 am »

FRANKLIN GRAHAM ON GAY MARRIAGE: GOD WILL JUDGE THIS NATION!

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/franklin-graham-gay-marriage-god-will-judge-nation

Franklin, the arrival of sodomites IS a judgment..
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 09:58:31 am »

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/franklin-graham-gay-marriage-god-will-judge-nation

Franklin, the arrival of sodomites IS a judgment..

And this verse in the same Romans 1 passage that talks about sodomy/judgment of God...

Romans 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

For some reason, I never caught it until another brethren pointed it out to me - who HOLD the truth IN UNRIGHTEOUSNESS - no, it does NOT mean those who *suppress* the truth, nor does it mean those who *live* unrighteously. It means those who have the appearance of preaching and speaking truth, but do NOT live by it! You know - those typical Churchianity preachers who preach sodomy is a grave sin, but use corrupted bible versions, have 501c3 statuses on their big church buildings, yoke together with pagan leaders like Catholics/Muslims/Mormons, etc.

Yeah, Franklin - please read the KJB, and you'll see why sodomy has infiltrated this nation.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 04:51:34 am »

Good grief Franklin, wake up you sold out phony! This country, and all other countries, have already been found wanting, and are now subject to the penalty of death.

"Judge"? More like lay waste!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 06:57:15 am »

Reasons Scripture Gives for Sodom and Gomorrah’s Destruction:

A Philosophical and Scriptural Viewpoint

By Scott Denard

A very troubling and recent trend has been that through reasoning of an unknown source it has been determined that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed not for sodomy or homosexuality, but for other sins. Now, when it is said an unknown source this source is unknown by the author and to be honest, irrelevant to Scripture. It is troubling that a person in this time and age can determine what has long been held as a viewpoint of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah as an error, and somehow needs to be corrected.

If one gives careful examination to the Scriptures, and has the ability to properly reason, it can be shown that philosophically an argument can be produced which reveals Moses’ meaning in his writings and also God’s intent that Man should know all the facts about Sodom and Gomorrah. If one is familiar with scriptural definition and meaning of phrases, it begins with the fact that Scripture interprets Scripture and more specifically the author of Scripture interprets the author’s meaning of the message the author intends to relay. With this understood one can move forward with the intent of the article.

Philosophical Argument

The design of the philosophical argument is simply laid out below. In order to disprove this argument one needs to show one of the premises is wrong, the conclusion is wrong, or that the Scripture does not disclose the facts detailed by the argument. Before one, argues philosophy has no place in the Bible, one has to realize God is a God of reason (Isaiah 1:18). God is also the Creator of reason and logic and that all things God does has a logical reason and intended meaning. The philosophical argument is simply the following:

Premise 1: Jesus in a theophany told Abraham that the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah was so great and their sin was so grievous, that Jesus would go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that reached him (Gen. 18: 20-21).

Premise 2: The sins Jesus judged, according to the writings of Ezekiel, which Jesus confirmed during his lifetime on earth, were arrogance or pride, abundance and careless natures, being haughty and committing abominations (Ezekiel 16:49 –50).

Premise 3: Homosexuality is an abomination before God (Leviticus18:22).

Premise 4: In the city of Sodom, homosexuality existed and was given as the only example of grievous sin in Sodom outside of willingness to **** by sodomy and gang **** and use of brute force (Genesis 19:3-11).

Conclusion: Jesus came to the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to judge abominations and the sinfulness of the people in these cities. One of the main abominations Jesus destroyed Sodom for was homosexuality, which also accompanies the other previous sins of pride and arrogance and being haughty. Homosexuality, if not the main reason was an accompanying sin of which the outcry have become so great to God. Therefore the city of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed in direct relation to homosexuality as a cause and this part of Scripture should not be ignored.

One of the prime arguments against this line of reasoning is the use of Ezekiel 16:49-50, which is read with a deliberate intent of only processing the first part of the verse and totally ignoring “committing abominations” and what abominations means by scriptural definition as a way to justify the of view that homosexuality is okay.

A second argument as recently pointed out by a minister believed to be Episcopalian is Luke 10:1-16 and Matthew 10:14-15 parallel passages, which deal with the judgment of Sodom and the reason it will not be as severe as the cities of Jesus’ time. People willing to read into Scripture things which aren’t there try to claim this is the sole sin Sodom was destroyed for. One needs to take a careful reading of these chapters and realize Jesus is dealing with the severity of the judgment of Sodom and not the sin of Sodom.

Taken in context, Jesus only needed to mention one of Sodom sins, because this was the only relevant sin to the situation concerning rejection of the testimony and witness of Christ. To put it in plain words, which paraphrase the context of this section of the chapters, Jesus was simply saying due to Sodom’s sin of inhospitality (not Sodom’s only sin) that Sodom never had the chance to witness and hear of the miracles and healing of Jesus and therefore the judgment of Sodom could not and would not be as severe. Sodom had not been offered the chance to reject Jesus Christ as their Savior that people, after the birth of Christ had witnessed to.

One need to take notice sin always comes in multiples there’s never just one sin and if inhospitality was a sin worthy of destruction the modern world would not be in existence today. One needs to keep in mind Jesus reaffirmed the Old Testament in all its verses by teaching from them and verifying them as being truthful. Jesus did not dispute the given sins of Sodom in Genesis, Ezekiel, or any other verse of Scripture. It is not coincidence that many sites pro homosexual and pro-atheism like to use these verses out of context to confuse even ministers as is proven, but then again Scripture does declare that.

Satan will try to confuse even the elect, if possible. To give an understandable example is someone sends another to deal with a problem that both know exists, which is caused by lack of proper instruction and one is giving instructions to the one being sent it would not be necessary to discuss the total sins only the need to discuss the severity of the judgment caused by one particular sin would be necessary, such as: and mother tells the daughter to instruct the son dinner will be ready at five p.m. The mother may tell the daughter since the second son did not know the dinner will be ready at five the judgment for the second son missing dinner will be much less severe than the judgment for the first son.

Now not once in that conversation did the fact that disobedience to the mother and lack of respect for the mother was the real reason for the punishment. This is the same as Jesus mentioning the reason for the severity of the punishment without being required to mention every sin committed by Sodom and the real reason for the destruction of Sodom.

Scripture points us to the fact homosexuality played a strong role, if not a major part of the role, in the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. There are only two sets of people who can deny this fact and one is the person with the agenda to rationalize acceptance of homosexuality and the other is the one who is willfully ignorant, because homosexuality is so accepted by the secular community.

Scripture is so strong on the point that homosexuality is the only example of the great sin of Sodom, and was given for the reason, that one might understand how great the sin was in Sodom. Please pictured this, one is lying on the ground being forcefully gang raped by men and being a man himself is crying out to God asking; Why did you let this happen? As a man one would be able to realize the humiliation and violation one would experience at the hands of homosexuality.

Please women did not misunderstand, this is not to state that **** is not a devastating experience for a woman, but simply to state that even worse than being raped in the course of natural sex is being raped by the usage of an unnatural sex such as sodomy, which women also can experience and be just as devastated. One should understand this is not a minimization of **** against women, but a similar devastating experience for man at the hands of men.

Then also, there is the denial of taking care of widows, orphans, and the needy, because as current events show the homosexual community becomes so violent about objections to the homosexuals behavior that there’s no stopping them, if they can make the person that objects “pay” or leave their presence. All the sins that were mentioned in Ezekiel walk hand-in-hand with homosexuality whether homosexuality brings the sin or the sin brings the homosexuality makes no difference.

There’s never homosexuality without sin and sin can also be responsible for bringing homosexuality, but where homosexuality exists there is always sin. One more point to be added is that Lots son-in-law’s thought Lot was joking. This indicates that the gang of men surrounding Lots house was a normal event and not shocking in the least to the son-in-law’s or considered worthy of punishment.

This indicates that much as in today’s society had come to the point of the acceptance of homosexuality and the associated activities that accompanied it. Homosexuality is a sin against God, which Paul declared one needed to flee from. (1Cor. 6:18) May one also consider this is exactly the advice the angels gave to Lot.

So when someone objects and denies that Sodom and Gomorrah would be judged for homosexuality and destroyed, one may use this argument to show the logic and reason that shows that homosexuality very much played a part in the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Do not let anyone steal this truth of the Scripture from you. God gave us the Scriptures that we may know God and know those who would mislead you away from God.

It is interesting even some Catholic priests in order to justify homosexuality in Christianity will even plead that God created sin by creating the homosexual and therefore it is God’s responsibility that homosexuality exists. This theology is heretical, just in the fact alone that if God did create a homosexual and sin was homosexuality. God could not judge a homosexual. He could only judge Himself and God could not provide a sinless sacrifice for the atonement of our sins.

This would be because God was guilty of creating sin, which would be creating something, which would exist against His will, which is logically impossible to begin with and secondly would be sinning against Himself, which is another logical impossibility. This is an example of how far Satan has gone, even within the church, to use homosexuality and its popularity to destroy the Word of God. Homosexuality today is the greatest threat to Christianity since the Romans persecuted Christians in Rome.

There’s never been such a great divide between what Christians want to believe is sin and want to believe is acceptable behavior. Many Christians cannot separate the idea here of loving the sinner, but despising the sin because they cannot separate the two in their minds. It is sad to say, a large majority of this problem comes from the desire to be accepted and to be one of the guys rather than to stand for the truth of the Scripture and disclose in a loving way that homosexuality is a sin to the homosexual. Homosexuality is destroying the theology of the church by destroying the foundation of God’s salvation by misleading people into believing the Bible is errant in what it discloses.

Please, before you take someone’s word, confirm it with Scripture. If someone calls you a homophobic person, please consider that this phrase was coined in an interview with a psychiatrist to describe the fear of homosexuality (in a pornographic magazine named Screw.) Realize when people call you this phrase they are using porno inspired terms to discourage you from following the Word of God. They preach from the Bible of **** and we preach from the Bible of God.

Remember Paul told us to FLEE sexual immorality. So when a preacher or priest or anyone tells you it is wrong to be homophobic they are in direct conflict with the Word of God, one needs to fear the evil that comes with the sin. Homophobia is FEAR not HATE of a homosexual.

May God bless you and your families.

Thank you for your consideration of reading this article.

http://www.raptureready.com/soap2/denard2.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 05:51:09 am »

God's anger over gay marriage may be behind floods, says politician

The leader of the Christian People's Alliance has said it is possible the storms that caused widespread flooding in the UK last winter were the result of God's anger over gay marriage.

Sid Cordle made the comments during an appearance on BBC Two's Daily Politics when he was asked his views on a UKIP politician expelled from the party for making similar comments earlier this year.

"A lot of Christians believe that God is angry over gay marriage and God can actually show that anger," Mr Cordle told Daily Politics.

He was speaking ahead of the European elections on May 22, which CPA candidates will be contesting in London and parts of the east and south-east of England.

In the 2009 European elections, the party won 249,493 votes - 1.65 per cent - in a combined list with the Christian Party.

The CPA supports the withdrawal of Britain from the European Union and is conservative on social issues like marriage and abortion.

"There are an enormous number of Christians that have left the Conservative Party over the issue of same-sex marriage, sadly too many of them have gone to UKIP," Mr Cordle told Daily Politics.

"But I think they are beginning to find UKIP doesn't provide a natural home for Christians."

Former UKIP politician David Silvester found himself at the centre of a public row in January when he published a letter in his local newspaper, the Henley Standard, saying he had warned David Cameron back in 2012 that passing gay marriage legislation would be accompanied by "disasters".

"The scriptures make it abundantly clear that a Christian nation that abandons its faith and acts contrary to the Gospel (and in naked breach of a coronation oath) will be beset by natural disasters such as storms, disease, pestilence and war," he wrote.

"But he went ahead despite a 600,000-signature petition by concerned Christians and more than half of his own parliamentary party saying that he should not do so."

Addressing the comments on Daily Politics, Mr Cordle said he would "certainly agree" if Mr Silvester had gone as far as to say the storms had happened because God was angry.

"It is possible," he said, although he added that "the way [Silvester] had said it was completely wrong".

"All Christians believe that God does and can do things with nature," he said.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/gods.anger.over.gay.marriage.may.be.behind.floods.says.politician/37519.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 05:42:40 am »

Graham: ‘True Followers of Jesus...Cannot Endorse Same-Sex Marriage'

Rev. Franklin Graham, son of world-renowned evangelist Billy Graham, said that “true followers” of Jesus  “cannot endorse same-sex marriage” regardless of what President Barack Obama, the Congress, the Supreme Court, or the media say about the issue, adding that marriage was “settled by God Himself” and cannot be modified by man.

“True followers of Jesus Christ, whose salvation is based entirely upon God’s Word, cannot endorse same-sex marriage, regardless of what our President, the Congress, the Supreme Court, the media or the latest Gallup poll says about the matter,” said Rev. Graham in his May 2014 column for Decision magazine.

“This moral issue has been settled by God Himself and is not subject to man-made revisions or modifications,” he said. “In the end, I would rather be on the wrong side of public opinion than on the wrong side of Almighty God who established the standard of living for the world He created. Marriage is a biblically moral issue, not a political or theological one.”

Rev. Graham made those remarks after first discussing how “pressure from the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) community” on the A&E cable channel had tried to force Duck Dynasty off the air last year because its patriarch, Phil Robertson, had expressed his “biblically based convictions.”

Graham also noted how the restaurant and country store chain Cracker Barrel had initially given in to LGBT pressure and pulled all its Duck Dynasty products from its shelves, only to reverse itself after an uproar by millions of Americans who support the show.

“In both cases, the LGBT lost,” said Rev. Graham.  “While many in the liberal and progressive media have deceived the public into thinking that this group makes up a large portion of our nation’s population, surveys support the fact that this small but boisterous movement consists of less than 2 percent of society.”

Rev. Graham went on to discuss how the international Christian aid group, World Vision, had also apparently given in to pressure in March, announcing that it would hire people in same-sex marriages. That decision also caused an uproar  from donors and other evangelical groups, and World Vision subsequently reversed its decision within two days.

At the time, Rev. Graham, who is head of the international Christian aid group Samaritan’s Purse, said, “In our country today, there is tremendous pressure on Christians, churches, and Christian organizations to lower our moral standards. God is clear in His Word, and His standards never change. I’m thankful that Christians across the country urged World Vision to reverse their decision, and prayed fervently that they would do so. Three cheers.”

Rev. Graham: ‘True Followers of Jesus … Cannot Endorse Same-Sex Marriage’ Regardless What the President, Media, Supreme Court Say

After commenting on Duck Dynasty and the World Vision scandal, Rev. Graham said he was grateful about how things concluded but hoped the fundamental issue would “cause a depth of soul-searching” because, as he understands it, there is no compromise on marriage.

“This debate is ultimately about something much more important than the question of same-sex marriage,” said Rev. Graham.  “It is about the great compromise, calling into question the authority of Scripture. If Christians do not agree concerning the authority of Scripture, we will eventually disagree about all sorts of things.”

He continued, “The church is on dangerous ground when it departs from the teaching of Christ and attempts to redefine His commands and compromise His truth. There are many things in Scripture that Christians disagree on, but the Bible is crystal clear about the sanctity of life and marriage. It is also clear that homosexuality is spelled out as sin—there are no ifs, ands or buts.”

Rev. Graham ended his commentary by telling those in “the LGBT community” that God “loves you and will forgive you,” and that God “is eager to forgive all sinners,” including Graham himself.

Franklin Graham, 61, is married, has five children, and lives in Boone, N.C. He is the president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and the Samaritan’s Purse.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/graham-true-followers-jesuscannot-endorse-same-sex-marriage
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 11:06:40 am »

“In both cases, the LGBT lost,” said Rev. Graham.  “While many in the liberal and progressive media have deceived the public into thinking that this group makes up a large portion of our nation’s population, surveys support the fact that this small but boisterous movement consists of less than 2 percent of society.”

Both my dad and I attended a local runner's race event - the Abbot campaign(for governor, where the other candidate running is Wendy Davis) was one of the sponsors. I ended up talking a bit to the campaign workers there(don't care about the whole left/right false paradigm, but nonetheless with all of the attention Davis has been getting, thought it would be worth a chit-chat), all of whom were young.

Anyhow, the guy I talked to seemed pretty effeminate - maybe I shouldn't be surprised per se, but nonetheless this was a REPUBLICAN campaign workers team.

Pt being that the sodomy agenda has done just that - feminized the country - maybe they didn't brainwash everyone into being stone-cold sodomites, per se, but nonetheless I'm noticing a growing number of young men acting effeminate, and a growing number of young women acting masculine. Even Scott talked about this in his last audio how his daughter attended a prom, and some of the young boys were just literally dancing close-up with each other!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 06:58:26 am »

Could Judgment Be Far Off? American Support for Gay Marriage Reaches All-Time High

The support among Americans for same-sex marriage continues to rise, with 55 percent supporting the law recognizing gay marriage, Gallup reports. It is the highest number in the history of the poll.

Two successive Gallup polls saw support rise from 53 percent to 54 percent, with 55 percent supporting same-sex marriage in the latest May 8-11 poll.

The numbers have steadily increased since Gallup first posed the question in 1996. Back then, 68 percent were opposed to recognizing gay marriage, with only 27 percent supporting it.

When Massachusetts became the first state to legalize marriage between homosexuals in 2004, support had reached 42 percent. Support topped 50 percent for the first time in 2011 and has remained above that level since then.

According to Gallup, the most dramatic difference in opinions tends to be between age groups.

"Currently, adults between the ages of 18 and 29 are nearly twice as likely to support marriage equality as adults aged of 65 and older," Gallup reports.

Differences are also seen among party lines, with 74 percent of Democrats supporting gay marriage compared to 30 percent of Republicans and 58 percent of independents. Republicans' support has nearly doubled since 1996.

Same-sex marriage is now legal in 19 states and the District of Columbia, and federal judges recently struck down laws banning gay marriage in Pennsylvania and Oregon.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/43956-could-judgment-be-far-off-american-support-for-gay-marriage-reaches-all-time-high

]Could Judgment Be Far Off?

Just the ARRIVAL of sodomites in the country, IS JUDGMENT!!!! The acceptance of it is an even worse Judgment. We were judged and we rejected the Lords word and reveled and took pleasure in the judgment.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 07:01:03 am »

Here is proof that we take pleasure in our sins...

Rainbow flag hoisted at embassy

A pro-family activist is suggesting the United States may be making enemies rather than friends in its promotion of homosexuality worldwide.

Rainbow flat outside Madrid EmbassySaturday, May 17, was the 10th annual "International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia" – which President Obama commemorated by releasing an official statement equating the observance with historic struggles of the past, including the 1964 Civil Rights Act. His administration and State Department also raised the rainbow flag just beneath the American flag at least one embassy to celebrate "IDAHOT," according to a Breitbart.com report.

Peter LaBarbera of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality describes it as homosexual "imperialism in action."

"What's happened is Obama has elevated the concerns of homosexual activists above the needs of the American people," he tells OneNewsNow. "I think even a lot of pro-homosexual Americans don't believe we should be shoving that in other country's faces, which is what we're doing now."

According to LaBarbera, that includes countries that have not forgotten what the Bible says.

"Other countries, especially those with more conservative moral values than the United States, they don't want to see homosexuality promoted," he argues, "and so this is going to alienate those people from the United States, all in the interests of pandering to the gay lobby."

Given the nature of the administration, LaBarbera says the only thing surprising to him is that "Obama didn't instruct his State Department to put the rainbow flag above the United States flag."

Several officials and agencies of the United Nations also released statements and videos and held special events in honor of the pro-LGBT observance.

Two days before the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia was the 20th anniversary of U.N.-proclaimed International Day of Families, held every year on May 15. The White House website lists no official statement about that observance.

- See more at: http://www.onenewsnow.com/politics-govt/2014/05/22/in-your-face-rainbow-flag-hoisted-at-embassy#.U384RiihFyI

Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 03:25:17 am »

Two days before the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia was the 20th anniversary of U.N.-proclaimed International Day of Families, held every year on May 15. The White House website lists no official statement about that observance.

Not surprising. I don't know why they still call it the White House. It's more like the Rainbow House now. Roll Eyes

But yes, I do think the US is making other countries uneasy with their promoting gays. The vast majority of Americans, and people world wide are not gay, and don't support gays as a lifestyle.

Bible or no bible, being gay is just wrong, and most people believe that, but the US government and their socialist gays insist otherwise.

And I thought George Bush was the worst US president ever. I was dead wrong! Bush is almost likeable compared to that joke of a human being in the White House now.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 11:20:51 am »

Not surprising. I don't know why they still call it the White House. It's more like the Rainbow House now. Roll Eyes

But yes, I do think the US is making other countries uneasy with their promoting gays. The vast majority of Americans, and people world wide are not gay, and don't support gays as a lifestyle.

Bible or no bible, being gay is just wrong, and most people believe that, but the US government and their socialist gays insist otherwise.

And I thought George Bush was the worst US president ever. I was dead wrong! Bush is almost likeable compared to that joke of a human being in the White House now.

Well, FWIW - it was under Bush's watch when FEMA went around Katrina-stricken New Orleans and breaking into homes to confiscate firearms. Just imagine if John Kerry had been President - the GOP/"conservatives" would have exploded! And Bush has also "evolved" on sodomy marriage as well.

Obama will likely be "likeable" when compared to the next President to take the oval office(assuming we make it that far, that is).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2014, 11:23:03 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 11:54:40 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 02:45:35 pm »

Very good video expose, FFF! Yes, sodomy is NOT "genetically born" - it's a JUDGMENT OF GOD!

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2014, 06:44:17 am »

Jimmy Carter on LGBT Rights: Jesus Didn't Discriminate Against Anyone

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter recently spoke in support of gay rights, according to Christian Today. The Baptist Sunday School teacher made his comments at Grand Rapids Community College in Colorado Monday as part of a diversity lecture series.

In a video posted on mlive.com Carter said, "I never knew of any word or action of Jesus Christ that discriminated against anyone.”

The comments came in response to a question from the audience about human rights and the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.

“I’m a Baptist, and I believe that each congregation is autonomous and can govern its own affairs,” Carter said. “So if a local Baptist church wants to accept gay members on an equal basis, which my church does by the way, then that is fine. If a church decides not to, then government laws shouldn’t require them to.”

Carter is a member of Maranatha Baptist Church in Georgia.

Carter's comments spurred debate on blogs and various social media sites.

“Jesus didn't hand out cash and valuable prizes to his LGBT friends. And neither does the U.S. Constitution,” said one poster.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/jimmy-carter-on-lgbt-rights-jesus-didn-t-discriminate-against-anyone.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 10:52:59 am »

In a video posted on mlive.com Carter said, "I never knew of any word or action of Jesus Christ that discriminated against anyone.”

He's always had this belief - back in 2006 I read one of his books where he talked about his "faith"(just moved to North Texas at the time, and had nothing to do but hang out at the local library) - pretty much he said the same thing like he did just now.(and I think this book was written years prior to when I read it)

“I’m a Baptist, and I believe that each congregation is autonomous and can govern its own affairs,” Carter said. “So if a local Baptist church wants to accept gay members on an equal basis, which my church does by the way, then that is fine. If a church decides not to, then government laws shouldn’t require them to.”

But there's one catch - 99% of churches in America(like your's, Mr. Carter) are 501c3s - they ARE under the yoke of the IRS, and have to follow their laws.

Anyhow, yes - I see why his recent comments here are getting so much attention(unlike what he wrote in his book many years ago) - b/c of social media et al nowdays.

Also - Fritz Springmeyer in his writings said that Carter is a Satanist who's also a mind control slave.(no endorsement on Springmeyer, but what he said makes sense)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: