End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 12:34:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What Will Be Illegal When Sodomy is Legal

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Will Be Illegal When Sodomy is Legal  (Read 30753 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2014, 07:25:54 am »

Couple fined for refusing to host same-sex wedding on their farm

Cynthia and Robert Gifford are caught in a same-sex nightmare. They’ve been forced to defend themselves against claims that they’re lesbian-hating homophobes.

“We respect and care for everyone!’’ Cynthia Gifford told me. “We had an openly gay man working for us this past season,’’ she said.

“We’ve had a woman who’s transitioning to be a man. We don’t discriminate against anyone.’’

But the government of the state of New York sees things differently. The Giffords, who own the bucolic Liberty Ridge Farm in upstate New York, were ordered to pay a total of $13,000 — a $10,000 fine to the state and another $1,500 to each member of a lesbian couple to compensate them for “mental anguish.’’ All because the Giffords, devout Christians, refused to hold a same-sex wedding ceremony on the property in which they live, work and have raised a daughter, 17, and a son, 21.

“This is scary,’’ Cynthia Gifford said. “It’s scary for all Americans.” Fifteen years ago, Cynthia, 54, and Robert Gifford, 55, opened to the public their farm in upstate Schaghticoke, near Albany, where they’ve lived for 25 years. They host an annual, family-friendly fall festival, which ends Tuesday, offering such countrified fare as a corn maze and pig-racing shows.

In summer, wedding ceremonies and receptions also are held on the farm. But once already-booked nuptials take place, the Giffords will no longer schedule new ceremonies. Only receptions — including same-sex ones — will go on. What happened?

Cynthia Gifford took a life-changing two- to three-minute phone call in 2012 from a woman she’d never met, Melisa Erwin, who was looking for a place to hold her wedding. A wedding — to another woman.

Gifford said she told her, politely, that she would not book a same-sex wedding ceremony at the farm.

She didn’t know it at the time, but the woman’s then-fianceé, Jennifer McCarthy, recorded the conversation. The pair then filed a formal complaint with the state Division of Human Rights. And this past August, an administrative-law judge from The Bronx, Migdalia Pares, decreed that the farm was a “public accommodation’’ and ordered the penalties, after ruling that the Giffords had violated state law by discriminating against the two women.

Incredible. The women, now both 31, currently live in upstate New York. They found another venue at which to get married, and each woman now uses the surname McCarthy. They declined my request for an interview.

“They were devastated when they heard that Liberty Ridge Farm would not take their business because of who they are,’’ the ladies’ lawyer, Mariko Hirose, of the New York Civil Liberties Union, told me.

“NYCLU supports religious freedom,’’ she said. “That still doesn’t make it OK for businesses to break existing law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, race, sex, disability, religion or other protected categories.’’

“We’ve gone from tolerance to compulsion,’’ the Giffords’ lawyer, James Trainor, told me. “State government should not be forcing people to violate their own religious beliefs, nor should they be forced to make a choice between making a living and violating their own faith.’’ Financial losses have forced the Giffords to let go a full-time event planner.

“I think there is an effort underway to change the social order,’’ said Trainor. “One way is by redefining marriage.’’

Trainor is allied with Alliance Defending Freedom, an organization that seeks justice for people of faith. Last month, he filed an appeal with the state Appellate Division on behalf of the Giffords, seeking to get their money returned — and setting the stage for New York state’s first legal battle pitting one couple’s constitutional right to religious freedom against another couple’s right to get married wherever they please.

Readers know that I’ve come to support same-sex marriage. But I can’t understand why clergymen and women are free in New York to opt out of joining in marriage homosexual couples, but the law gives not a lick of respect to non-ordained people of faith.

In 2011, days before New York state’s Marriage Equality Act legalized same-sex marriage statewide, I wrote about two New York state Refuseniks — town clerks who refused to unite Jills and Janes and Adams and Steves. One woman quit her job, another quit performing all weddings, due to their religiously held beliefs that marriage is the union of one man and one woman.

Since then:

 In Oregon, Christian bakers who refused to sell a wedding cake to two lesbians face hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines.

In Washington state, an elderly Christian florist could face hefty fines after she refused to provide wedding flowers to two gay men.

A Christian Colorado baker is appealing a judge’s decision ordering him to start baking wedding cakes for homosexuals and to provide his staff with sensitivity training, after he refused to create a wedding cake for two gay guys.

 The US Supreme Court this year declined to hear the case of a Christian photographer from New Mexico who claimed that refusing to shoot the commitment ceremony of two lesbians was not only an expression not only of her constitutional right to religious freedom, it was protected by her First Amendment right to free speech. New Mexico’s Supreme Court and the state’s Human Rights Commission have decreed that her refusal to shoot equaled unlawful discrimination.

Robert and Cynthia Gifford are decent people being punished for acting on their faith. This kind of government bigotry should appeal to no one, whether he or she (or one of no gender) identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, androgynous . . . or even straight.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/10/couple-fined-for-refusing-to-host-same-sex-wedding-on-their-farm/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 10, 2014, 08:13:26 am »

This needs to stop. It’s gone beyond “bullying”, tolerance, or even acceptance. Now it’s becoming illegal to not openly promote this lifestyle.

There is a spirit behind this. And it is wicked. It destroys families and human lives.

One thing I noticed about this Sodomite Parade was that it was attended mostly by young people. At other Homosexual Parades that I have been to, there are usually attended by older people. But this parade was unique in that most of the attendance were young. This shows how effective the homosexual movement has been at brainwashing the minds of the youth. No wonder places like Russia have outlawed Gay Pride Parades to protect the minds of their young people. I suspected that many of these young people were university students and definitely public schoolers, of course. Those seem to be the primary places liberals and demons have used to brainwash our culture and make them think that right is wrong and wrong is right. These kids thought that homosexuals were right for their perversions and that we were wrong for rebuking them. The mind of our society has become very reprobate.

http://openairoutreach.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/open-air-outreach-fall-tour-jesse-morrell/

The sodomite response to open air street preaching says it all.

Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2014, 08:50:21 am »

One thing I noticed about this Sodomite Parade was that it was attended mostly by young people. At other Homosexual Parades that I have been to, there are usually attended by older people. But this parade was unique in that most of the attendance were young. This shows how effective the homosexual movement has been at brainwashing the minds of the youth. No wonder places like Russia have outlawed Gay Pride Parades to protect the minds of their young people. I suspected that many of these young people were university students and definitely public schoolers, of course. Those seem to be the primary places liberals and demons have used to brainwash our culture and make them think that right is wrong and wrong is right. These kids thought that homosexuals were right for their perversions and that we were wrong for rebuking them. The mind of our society has become very reprobate.

When I started college in the early 90's, yes, pretty much the sodomy agenda started getting floating around. As a lost man, I also bought into this propaganda how "gays deserve equal rights". And come to think of it too - it was in my Catholic HS "religion" class a couple of years prior which showed some Hellywood pro-sodomite movie(about a HS boy who finds out his long-time best friend is a sodomite).

And worst of all - the entertainment media has played a large role - with all the hoopla Ellen Degenerous got in 1997, the tv show "Will and Grace" just quietly went under the radar.(if anything, the latter show played a big role) Or for that matter too - remember the early 90's Saturday morning tv sitcom "Saved by the Bell". No, it didn't explicitly push sodomy, but remember all of the masculine-acting female characters and effeminate-acting male characters in it. When I watched that show, it was like a "shock and awe" to me b/c of this very slant.

Yes, I'm a Gen-Xer, and I was once a lost man getting caught up in this hoopla - can't tell you how BLINDED I became. This is exactly what I see with this young generation of today - everything they've become indoctrinated it has all but blinded and deceived them. Honestly, I don't think they even know what they're doing.

Luke 23:34  Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

2Timothy 3:13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 10, 2014, 09:23:06 am »

Beyond tolerance or respect for freewill. Now there is a penalty for not embracing and promoting this wickedness.

These are USAF active duty members at Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan.

Support the troops? See how evil exploits natural family affection, or even a nation’s affection for their military, in order to normalize wickedness?

The only way this could have happened is through enforced policies of a sodomite Commander in Chief.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 10, 2014, 07:32:02 pm »

Just saw that video clip you posted - this is why I(personally) want to do open air preaching to these particular places(where alot of younger people are). They desperately need to hear the gospel. I'll admit I once had this very rebellious mindset when I was lost(I just HATED Jesus).

With that being said - whenever I see this, it makes me think how this is a preview of Genesis 19(Lot's last day in Sodom, when a multitude of great and small surrounded and threatened his home).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2014, 07:22:19 pm »

http://www.nationalreview.com/phi-beta-cons/392697/introducing-homosexuality-based-affirmative-action-jennifer-kabbany
Introducing Homosexuality-based Affirmative Action
11/14/14

The Daily Pennsylvanian, the student newspaper at the University of Pennsylvania, reports that admissions officials are actively trying to guess who is gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or “ally” based on their applications.

Or as my colleague Greg Piper at The College Fix notes: UPenn is practicing gaydar in reading student applications. And although it’s unclear what exactly admissions officers consider “gay” and how that affects applicants’ chances, apparently they are pretty good at it.

“Since 2010 when the tracking of LGBTQ applicants started, the Office of Admissions has seen huge growth in the number of LGBTQ or ally applicants, plus a 152 percent jump in those admitted and 270 percent jump in accepted applicants who ultimately matriculate,” The Daily Pennsylvanian reports.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2014, 08:19:33 am »

New York Requires Insurers to Cover Sex Change Surgery

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced on Thursday, that insurers can no longer deny coverage of gender reassignment surgery or sex change treatment for the transgendered.

This makes New York the ninth state to mandate coverage, according to the Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund.

In a letter sent this week to insurers, the state Department of Financial Services said they "may not deny medically necessary treatment otherwise covered by a health insurance policy solely on the basis that the treatment is for gender dysphoria."

“Respecting the rights and dignity of all New Yorkers is paramount,” Cuomo said in a statement. “By taking this action, we are ensuring that principle rightfully extends to transgender people across our state."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/new-york-requires-insurers-cover-sex-change-surgery
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2014, 05:34:28 pm »

I just watched a YT video over the meaning of sons of Belial from one of our YT brethren(who exposed it with scripture after scripture) - apparently, this means sodomites.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 14, 2014, 06:56:17 am »

Scottish monk arrested for distributing leaflets promoting sexual morality

A Scottish monk has been arrested for distributing a series of leaflets in the Cambridgeshire area critical of homosexuality, fornication, contraception, euthanasia, abortion, and divorce.

Brother Damon Jonah Kelly, head of the Glasgow based charity the Black Hermits, was arrested by Cambridgeshire Police on December 8 on suspicion of a Section 5 (religious/racial) public order offence after he wrote a letter to the homosexual news publication, Pink News, claiming responsibility for the distribution of leaflets in the city of Ely, as well as in Cambridge, King’s Lynn and several other Cambridgeshire towns and cities.

Initially police declined to take any action following a number of complaints about the leaflets, saying that neither the distribution of the leaflets nor the messages they contain were a crime, and in fact protected by free speech laws.

A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Police said in a statement to Ely News, "Leaflets of a homophobic nature were distributed in Cambridge earlier this year. Additionally, similar material has been distributed in other areas of the county and indeed, the country.”

"While the material being distributed earlier this week will in many cases offend, irritate, shock or disturb, the content, context and actions of the male concerned fall short of any criminality at this time,” the spokeswoman added.

However, once the source of the leaflets identified himself, the police arrested him. They then released him on bail with a promise to appear on January 20.

The leaflets in question have titles such as "The Works of Darkness," "Homosexuality," and "Christmas, Christ and AntiChrist."

"Homosexuality" states that "God created man and woman for their mutual compatibility and for the procreation of children," and that, "all sexual activity outside of matrimonial union of one man and one woman is sin, and therefore immoral."

Warning that "through the sin of lust the Devil tempts man to sexual impurity, excess and perversion," the leaflet states that homosexuality is in reality a mental illness, but has become a cult that belongs to the culture of death.

“Homosexuality, as well as being a sin and a vice, is essentially a neurosis, a pathological condition; the result of several factors including childhood experiences. It is a dangerous temptation rather than a healthy orientation,” it reads.

“If the practice of homosexuality is acceptable, then in time any form of sexual deviation, perversion and experimentation will be acceptable, including the progressive lowering of the age of consent, taking it below the age of puberty and thus legalizing paedophilia. A common form of homosexuality is pederasty."

The leaflet goes on to say, “The condition of homosexuality can be treated and healed, as all distorted sexuality can be healed, and as many cases in recent years have proved," adding that homosexual people should not be persecuted but that homosexual inclinations should “not be encouraged."

“They need healing, not approval,” the leaflet says.

"The Works of Darkness" leaflet states that, "The deliberate killing of the baby in the womb is infanticide, is homicide, and those who perpetrate such an act are guilty of murder," and that, "Divorce wreaks havoc in society and is part and parcel of the plague of the 'one-parent family' which is a great evil."

It states that, "Homosexuality is not inborn, it is a development disorder, a traumatized condition arising out of a dysfunctional family, or it is a lifestyle choice. It is utterly opposed to the law of God and to nature, and should in no way be condoned or promoted."

This leaflet also comments on fornication, contraception, assisted fertilization, pornography, transgenderism, euthanasia, and atheism as serious societal problems.

"Christmas, Christ and AntiChrist," which was delivered in Cambridge last week, states that, “Christmas is the invasion by God into the world He created out of pure love; which through man’s evil has become a polluted landscape of de-humanized people, debasing themselves with their false gods and fetishes."

In his letter to Pink News, Brother Damon claims to have been arrested on nine occasions for leafleting, and despite this has brought his 2014 campaign to a “satisfactory conclusion.”

He closed the letter saying, "I wouldn’t be a good monk if I didn’t exhort you to repentance and conversion to Christ."

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/scottish-monk-arrested-for-distributing-leaflets-promoting-sexual-morality
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 20, 2014, 07:21:33 am »

Where homosexuals are protected, will Christians be persecuted?

The leader of a sports ministry believes the new protections for homosexuals in the Olympics may open the door to hypocrisy, particularly against Christians.

The International Olympic Committee is now providing special protections for homosexuals and will possibly keep the Olympics out of countries where officials are perceived to have discriminatory policies against homosexuals.

"I'm concerned that this discrimination will come back on Christians who believe that homosexuality is a sin," poses Steve McConkey of 4 WINDS Christian Athletic Association, who also operates BigPlanetWatch.com and TrackandFieldReport.com. "So if a Christian is in a church, for example, and they do a message or something, and they mention that homosexuality is a sin, are they going to come back to them and take away their awards? -- not necessarily their medals."

McConkey believes evidence proves that could happen. He also does not see much sense in some of the committee's actions.

"The world championships are going to be in Qatar, and in that country there, if you become a Christian, you get the death penalty," the sports ministry leader explains. "So what I'm concerned about is a lot of hypocrisy, like, for example, they put the games in these countries where you can be killed as a Christian."

But the committee could lash out at countries and individuals who refuse to accept homosexuality or gender identity disorders as acceptable. And while he believes the new policy is firm, McConkey encourages Christians to pray, specifically for international revival.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2014/12/19/where-homosexuals-are-protected-will-christians-be-persecuted#.VJV3u__ANM
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 20, 2014, 07:22:29 am »

Different standards for 'gay' bakers and Christian bakers

With numerous lawsuits being filed against Christian bakers over the past few years for respectfully declining to compromise their conscience by not filling orders for "gay" or lesbian marriage wedding cakes, a bit of irony recently surfaced when the tables were switched on the LGBT community — when pro-homosexual bakers were asked to make cakes opposing their cause.

A Closer LookWith the objective of revealing if tolerance, anti-bigotry and compassion are really at the heart of the homosexual agenda when it comes to same-sex "marriage," Shoebat.com made some not-so-startling observations about those who profess to stand for open-mindedness and acceptance.

Testing their true spirit, Theodore Shoebat set out on a quest with his website crew to see how bakers advocating homosexual behavior respond when asked to bake a cake for those who don't reflect their progressive views on homosexuality. But before going into their findings, Shoebat showcased the sheer lack of tolerance that lawsuits and subsequent rulings have demonstrated against those who refuse to support the homosexual agenda due to their sincerely held religious convictions.

"Christian bakeries that refuse to make pro-homosexual marriage cakes are getting sued left, right, and center," Shoebat asserts. "They get fined, they get death threats, and they lose their businesses."

And besides Christian bakers, many marriage photographers, wedding planners, florists and reception hall owners are also under attack for opposing same-sex marriage and declining to offer homosexual partners their wedding services.

Let the experiment begin …

When Shoebat.com set out and contacted 13 popular bakers that publicly support same-sex marriage, requesting them to bake a cake displaying the message, "Gay marriage is wrong," a less-than-tolerant response was invoked.

All of the LGBT-friendly respondents didn't meet their own standards of understanding, tolerance and inclusion. "Each one denied us service, and even used deviant insults and obscenities against us," Shoebat reported.

Remarks such as "Go away" and "We won't serve you" were amongst the more tame responses, which graduated to expletive-laden tirades condemning the potential customers for their "intolerance."

"One baker even said that she would make me a cookie with a large phallus on it just to insult us because we are Christian," Shoebat continued. "We recorded all of this in a video that will stun the American people as to how militant and intolerant the homosexual bakers were."

And the outbursts didn't stop there, as many of the homosexual business owners receiving the potential orders gave Shoebat callbacks condemning the prospective clients for making such "insensitive" requests.

"[We received] a ton of hate messages saying that we were 'hateful' for simply giving them a taste of their own medicine," Shoebat shared, recalling some of his conversations shortly after the experiment.

Reviewing the evidence

Noting what kind of reactions from the media that Christian bakers would have received had they responded in such a distasteful manner, Shoebat clarified exactly what his experiment divulged about the war against traditional marriage.

"Here is our point," Shoebat explained. "A Christian making a homosexual cake with 'Support Gay Marriage' goes against his faith, and a homosexual putting 'Gay Marriage Is Wrong' goes against his faith as well."

Shoebat extrapolated on his observations.

"Now of course we honor their right to say no; this is not the issue, but what about honoring the Christian's right to also say no?" Shoebat posed. "The big lie of the homosexual agenda is this: They claim that they are only fighting for equality and tolerance."

Shoebat went on to remind homosexual activists that they live in a free country where soldiers died to give Americans the right to agree and disagree — also known as the freedom of speech.

"Men and women bled for your right to be free to call us 'bigoted,' 'phobic' 'hate mongers,' but the same men and women who bled and died for your right to call us 'bigoted,' 'phobic' 'hate mongers' also died for our right to be free and not to care," Shoebat continued.

Leftists or elitists?

Referring to one of the responses he received from a pro-homosexual baker, Shoebat demonstrated the elitist and discriminatory language and mindset shared by many in the LGBT community.

"Are you aware that we gays have larger brains, superior cognitive functions, spatial memory and verbal skills?" an LGBT-supporting baker said to Shoebat on the phone in response to his order. "It's a biological fact of life."

Shoebat says that those kind of responses showcase the very dangerous temperament shared by many in the homosexual movement — a mindset eerily reminiscent of notorious fascists and dictators of the not-so-distant past.

"The Nazis and others believe in such nonsense," Shoebat insisted. "Tyrannies use false pseudo-science, and they all have a superiority complex."

He is afraid that such a dangerous worldview can lead to genocides in the spirit of Darwin's "natural selection" — the basis behind many evolutionists' claim that some people are more evolved than others.

"It is the case with every deviant cult and tyrannical movement," Shoebat argued. "Why target Christian bakeries in the first place? Such a view is no different than what Christoph Meiners promoted."

Meiners argued that Negroes have smaller brains than all other humans, but bigger skulls.

"The gay agenda argues that straight folks have a smaller brain," Shoebat highlighted. "So to all these who call us 'bigoted' 'homophobic' and such … in reality they are applying what is to be applied to them."

Running Christians out of the wedding industry

But Leftist media sources continue to paint Christians on the other side of the same-sex marriage debate as the intolerant and elitist group. The New York Times recently posted a story titled "Can't have your cake, gays are told, and a rights battle rises," about a Christian baker in Colorado, Jack Phillips, who respectfully refused to bake a cake for a same-sex couple's wedding because of his biblical convictions on marriage.

The Lakewood, Colorado-based baker's same convictions have restricted him from honoring orders for Halloween cakes, erotic baked goodies and other cakes themed on practices that go against his Christian faith. But those objections don't stir up as much controversy, Shoebat implies, because they do not have as well-defined and well-funded political agendas opposing them.

While the Rocky Mountain lawsuit moves forward in the courts, Phillips has been ordered to retrain his bakery employees so that they will become more homosexual-compliant toward their customers. Included on the list of bakery staff members who must yield their convictions to fall in line with the state-promoted homosexual agenda is Philips' 87-year-old mother.

Other same-sex wedding cases listed off by the Times involve an Albuquerque, New Mexico-based Christian photographer who was fined for not shooting a lesbian couple's wedding; a Christian couple who were fined $13,000 for declining to host a lesbian wedding ceremony in their New York State farmhouse; Arlene's Flowers and Gifts of Richland, Washington, whose owner was sued for not providing flowers for a gay wedding; a Phoenix, Arizona-based wedding planner who is being sued for not organizing a lesbian wedding and another bakery case; Sweet Cakes by Melissa in Gresham, Oregon, which had to shutter its business after refusing to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple.

There are now 35 states that have legalized same-sex marriage, leaving just 15 that honor marriage as only the union between one man and one woman. Legal action is already under way in the remaining traditional marriage states to overturn marriage amendments that protect traditional — or natural — marriage. In the 35 states conforming to the homosexual agenda on marriage, lawsuits continue to be rife, with many fearing that such legal action will usher in the extinction of Christians from the wedding industry.

Being fed-up with the intolerance and suing frenzy targeting Christians for not endorsing the new state-backed progressive ideals, Shoebat decided to give advocates of the homosexual agenda a taste of their own medicine by silencing their views — which happen to run in opposition to his own — on his website.

"There were a few folks upset, saying that we were not fair since we had no right to impose our anti-homosexual views to be posted on a cake made by pro homosexuals," Shoebat concluded. "So we honored their rule and for the first time in our history, we deleted their views from our comment section since they had no right to post their anti-Shoebat views on our cake."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2014/12/18/different-standards-for-gay-bakers-and-christian-bakers#.VJV3-__ANM
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 24, 2014, 05:47:13 am »

13 Pro-Gay Bakers Refuse Christian Cake Order

Theodore Shoebat, communications director for Rescue Christians, recently completed an experiment to determine if gay bakery owners would fill an order for a cake that featured the slogan “Gay Marriage is Wrong.”

Shoebat was inspired to complete the experiment after hearing about a Christian-owned bakery in Ireland that is facing legal action for refusing to make a cake with a picture of Bert and Ernie with the words “Support Gay Marriage.”

Charisma News reports that Shoebat called 13 bakeries that are owned by homosexuals and asked them to make a “Gay Marriage is Wrong” cake for a traditional marriage appreciation event. All 13 bakeries refused the order and one owner used foul language against Christians in response.

Shoebat said, "A Christian making a homosexual cake with 'Support Gay Marriage' goes against his faith and a homosexual putting 'Gay Marriage Is Wrong' goes against his faith as well. Now of course we honor their right to say no, this is not the issue, but what about honoring the Christian right to also say no?"

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/13-pro-gay-bakers-refuse-christian-wedding-cake-order.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2015, 05:55:10 am »

Did Christians Parents Drive Their Child to Suicide?

The headline alone is painful to read: “Transgender teenager, 17, leaves heartbreaking suicide note blaming her Christian parents before walking in front of tractor trailer on highway.” The story itself is even more painful to read, while the loss of life is absolutely tragic.

Is there blood on the hands of these Christian parents?

What makes this story all the more heartrending is that the teenager, born Joshua Alcorn but who used the name Leelah to identify as a female, left a suicide note that was scheduled to be posted in the event of his death. (If you are a transgender advocate and are already furious with me for using the male pronoun for Joshua-Leelah, please hold your fury long enough to finish reading the article.)

In the note, Joshua explains how he began feeling that he was a girl at the age of four, writing, “When I was 14, I learned what transgender meant and cried of happiness. After 10 years of confusion I finally understood who I was.

“I immediately told my mom, and she reacted extremely negatively, telling me that it was a phase, that I would never truly be a girl, that God doesn’t make mistakes, that I am wrong.”

Did the mother respond in the right way, or did her lack of understanding lead to Joshua’s death?

Joshua says that his parents sent him to Christian therapists who allegedly told him that he was “selfish and wrong,” and on his 16th birthday, “when I didn’t receive consent from my parents to start transitioning, I cried myself to sleep.”

He added, “I’m never going to be happy. Either I live the rest of my life as a lonely man who wishes he were a woman or I live my life as a lonelier woman who hates herself.”

Not long after composing this note, on Sunday night, December 27th, he walked into the path of a tractor trailer and ended it all.

There has been an immediate outpouring of support in his memory (along with condemnation of his parents), while a new Facebook page has been launched, called “Justice for Leelah Alcorn,” receiving more than 12,000 likes almost overnight. The page links to a petition on Change.org entitled, “Enact Leelah's Law to Ban Transgender Conversion Therapy.” By the evening of December 30th, it had received almost 20,000 signatures.

As conservative Christians who believe in the Scriptures, how do we respond to a tragedy like this? And should we oppose the concept of “transgender conversion therapy”?

Without a doubt, we must recognize that issues of transgender identity often run very deep and cannot be trivialized or taken lightly. Although I have often been dubbed “transphobic” because of my strong opposition to many aspects of LGBT activism, often focusing on transgender issues, at the same time, I have constantly drawn attention to the depth of struggle experienced by many who identify as transgender.

I interacted at length with one man who now identifies as a woman, asking him why he would destroy a 37-year marriage and become alienated from his own children. He explained to me that after decades of trying to resolve his issues, it was either suicide or sex-change. He opted for the latter and says he is very glad he did.

Another man, whose story I know well, decided to come out as a woman in his mid-to-late 60’s, also affecting his marriage. (I’m not sure how things stand today with his children.) He explained to me that I had no idea the pain he lived with all his life. I don’t believe he was making any of this up.

And there are the many stories of children trying to hide or even mutilate their genitals, growing increasingly agitated as they come into puberty.

Surely, this cannot be taken lightly, nor can we look to glib clichés or superficial fixes. And parents need to do their best (with the help of professionals when possible) to spot signs of depression and potential suicide. In other words, handle with extreme love and care.

But that is not the end of the story.

I personally know individuals who once identified as transgender and who no longer do, and they are so thankful to God that they found a better way. They emphatically discourage parents from affirming their children as transgender (while even more emphatically urging those parents to show unconditional love to their kids). Should we ignore what they have to say? (For more on this, see the important, recent article, “Trouble in Transtopia: Murmurs of Sex Change Regret.”)

Some of these individuals remained suicidal even after having sex-change surgery, and in some notable cases, which I mentioned in my article “Sex Change Regret,” some have committed suicide after coming out as the opposite of their biological sex.

Don’t their deaths count as much as the death of Joshua-Leelah?

Why are people so free to condemn Joshua’s parents when they wouldn’t dare criticize doctors who performed (or recommended) sex-change surgery on someone who then killed himself or herself, unhappy with their new identity? Shouldn’t all these suicides give us pause for thought?

According to a major, 30-year study of “sex-reassigned” persons in Sweden, and as cited in an op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal by Dr. Paul McHugh, formerly chair of the Johns Hopkins psychiatric department, “their suicide mortality rose almost 20-fold above the comparable nontransgender population.”

And so, while the suicide of Joshua-Leelah is absolutely tragic, and while I understand the passion of those who want to ban so-called transgender conversion therapy, I respectfully submit that wisdom and compassion call for a better path, one that invests more time and energy into looking for the root causes of transgenderism, as we encourage therapists and counselors and psychologists to listen and learn even more, with the goal of finding non-surgical ways to help them find wholeness.

In short, rather than having an emotional, gut-level response (which is quite understandable, given this heartbreaking story), let us seek to do what is right and best. That is the way of love.

links in article: http://townhall.com/columnists/michaelbrown/2015/01/01/did-christians-parents-drive-their-child-to-suicide-n1937483/page/full
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2015, 06:07:28 am »

Florida Counties End Courthouse Ceremonies to Avoid Performing Same-Sex ‘Weddings’

While agreeing to issue “marriage” licenses to same-sex couples as per a federal court ruling, several counties throughout Florida have decided to no longer allow weddings to be held at their courthouses in order to avoid being required to officiate homosexual ceremonies.

According to reports, officials in Duval, Clay and Baker counties have concluded that they must discontinue utilizing the county courthouse for weddings altogether to protect the rights of conscience for their clerks.

“I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman,” Duvall County Clerk of Courts Ronnie Fussell, a Southern Baptist, told the Associated Press. “Personally it would go against my beliefs to perform a ceremony that is other than that.”

Baker County Clerk Stacie Harvey stated that the room that had been used for weddings will now be used for domestic violence injunctions.

“I needed the space, and our county, we’re in the Bible Belt,” she said. “If we’re made by the law to issue a gay marriage license [we will] do that, but we are not mandated to marry couples in our courthouse.”

As previously reported, in August of last year, U.S District Judge Robert Hinkle declared Florida’s marriage amendment, which enshrined marriage as being solely between a man and woman, as unconstitutional.

“Inasmuch as marriage is the legal union of only one man and one woman as husband and wife, no other legal union that is treated as marriage or the substantial equivalent thereof shall be valid or recognized,” the amendment reads.

Hinkle compared uniting those of the same gender with marriages between men and women of different racial backgrounds, and said that society must tolerate that with which they disagree.

“Those who enter opposite-sex marriages are harmed not at all when others, including these plaintiffs, are given the liberty to choose their own life partners and are shown the respect that comes with formal marriage,” he opined. “Tolerating views with which one disagrees is a hallmark of civilized society.”

Attorney General Pam Bondi filed several appeals about the matter, including asking the U.S. Supreme Court to issue a stay on the ruling, which permitted licenses to be issued beginning on Jan. 6. The state also awaited a ruling from Hinkle as to whether his decision applied statewide or only to a specific county.

On Thursday, Hinkle ordered all county clerks within the state to issue same-sex “marriage” licenses–a directive that clerks in Duvall, Clay and Baker, as well as others, state that they will comply with. However, since county courthouses are not required to be used for marital ceremonies, they will discontinue the practice altogether to avoid being compelled to officiate homosexual events.

But some would say that the clerks should resist the order to issue the licenses as well, exercising the Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrates.

As previously reported, talk show host and former pastor Mike Huckabee stated in September during a conference call with the organization Vision America that Christians need to be more active in resisting evil in the land.

“I would remind people that the judicial branch is not the supreme branch, and the Supreme Court is only the Supreme Court, not the Supreme Being,” he said. “And I feel that we have failed in civics to understand that there are three branches of government, and one can’t overrule the other two, and all three of them together can’t overrule the people.”

“Yet, we have people who say, … ‘The courts have ruled on same-sex marriage, we have to live with it,’” Huckabee continued. “I would suggest no, we don’t. We shouldn’t just accept things that are ungodly and that will cause us to have to stand before God with bloody hands. I think that’s where we’ve failed.”

http://christiannews.net/2015/01/02/florida-counties-end-courthouse-ceremonies-to-avoid-performing-same-sex-weddings/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 09, 2015, 04:51:43 pm »

Stand with Fire Chief Kelvin Cochran

Atlanta Fire Chief Kelvin Cochran was fired from his job this week by the mayor because of his Christian views on marriage.

After serving a one-month suspension for writing a book expressing sex outside marriage (including homosexuality) as sinful, Chief Cochran faced the wrath of homosexual activists and Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed and was  publicly chastised and summarily fired from his position.

Chief Cochran, a devoted Christian, wrote a short book, a portion of which conveys the biblical view of homosexuality. He gave copies of the book, Who Told You That You Were Naked? (published in November 2013), to a few co-workers he knew to be strong Christians – but three city employees also received a copy without asking for one.

Chief Cochran said he referenced homosexuality on less than half a page in the 160-page book.

According to OneNewsNow and other news sources, the mayor was praised by openly homosexual councilman Alex Wan for terminating Chief Cochran.

"When you're a city employee, and [your] thoughts, beliefs and opinions are different from the city's, you have to check them at the door." – Councilman Alex Wan

"I want to be clear that the material in Chief Cochran's book is not representative of my personal beliefs…" – Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed.

For his Christian faith, he was fired from his job.

Christian expresses biblical worldview, gets sacked by mayor

A fresh campaign has been launched on behalf of an official with the Atlanta fire department – a Christian – who was fired after making public his biblically based views on homosexuality.

Kelvin Cochran, chief of the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department, was suspended in November after he wrote a short book, a portion of which conveys the biblical view of homosexuality. He gave copies of the book, Who Told You That You Were Naked? (self-published in November 2013), to a few co-workers he knew to be strong Christians – but three city employees also received a copy without asking for one.

Mayor Kasim Reed now has fired Cochran after suspending him for a month without pay, saying "his actions and decision-making undermine his ability to effectively manage a large, diverse work force." Cochran, a firefighter for more than three decades, otherwise had no blemish on his record.

Gary Cass of DefendChristians.org responds to news of Cochran's firing and Mayor Reed's remarks.

"It appears that simply upholding a traditional Christian view of morality automatically makes you unfit for any kind of leadership in this morally upside down world of political correctness," Cass tells OneNewsNow. "It seems that Chief Cochran is being fired not for his actions, but simply for holding a biblical worldview."

The mayor has stated publicly that Cochran's "personal religious beliefs are not the issue," but that the city's nondiscrimination policy is "nonnegotiable."

Cochran is a strong Southern Baptist – and Cass points out that Mayor Reed is a member of Cascade United Methodist Church in Atlanta.

"So here's somebody [Reed] who ostensibly identifies as a Christian, who thinks he can be fair in the way that he conducts his business but apparently [thinks] Chief Cochran can't be fair," Cass surmises. "So it's an interesting confluence of hypocrisy and double standards all at the same time."

He asks on his website: "Does Mayor Reed believe what the Bible says about the sin of homosexuality? If so, shouldn't he resign, too?"

At the end of the day, adds Cass, the action taken against Cochran is "an overt violation of Chief Cochran's First Amendment liberties." Cass is hopeful Christians will continue to contact Reed's office on Cochran's behalf.

Following Cochran's suspension, the Georgia Baptist Convention initiated an online petition calling for the chief's reinstatement. Another petition is available at ExtinguishIntolerance.com.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2015/01/08/christian-expresses-biblical-worldview-gets-sacked-by-mayor#.VLBbhHtrWk4
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2015, 03:22:59 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/washington-state-judge-rules-against-florist-refused-gay-064637207.html;_ylt=AwrTWVVRU.ZUqDQA_1HQtDMD
Washington state judge rules against florist who refused gay wedding
2/19/15

(Reuters) - A judge in Washington state on Wednesday ruled that a florist who refused to sell flower arrangements for a gay couple's wedding violated state anti-discrimination law, court records show.

Florist Barronelle Stutzman was sued by both the state Attorney General Bob Ferguson and the couple, Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed, in 2013.

The pair were longtime customers of Stutzman's Richland business, Arlene's Flowers, and asked her to provide decorations for their wedding following the state's legalization of same-sex marriage.

Stutzman maintained that her Christian beliefs prevented her from selling flowers for the same-sex wedding, "because of (her) relationship with Jesus Christ," according to court documents.

"Confirming the enactment of same-sex marriage, there would eventually be a direct and insoluble conflict between Stutzman's religiously motivated conduct and the laws of the state of Washington," Benton County Superior Court Judge Alexander Ekstrom said in his 60-page opinion.

"For over 135 years, the Supreme Court of the United States has held that laws may prohibit religiously motivated action, as opposed to belief," Ekstrom added, according to a copy of the document published online by the Los Angeles Times.

Alliance Defending Freedom attorney Kristen Waggoner, who is representing Stutzman, said in a statement, "You put your home, your family business, and your life savings at risk by daring to defy a government mandate that forces you to promote views you believe are wrong."

Attorneys for the group will appeal the ruling, the statement said.

Ingersoll and Freed, who filed the suit with the help of the American Civil Liberties Union of Washington State, hailed the ruling.

"We were hurt and saddened when we were denied service by Arlene's Flowers after doing business with them for so many years," Freed and Ingersoll said in a statement.

"We respect everyone's beliefs, but businesses that are open to the public have an obligation to serve everyone," they added.

Ekstrom deferred ruling on fines and damages sought by the couple to a later date.

(Reporting by Curtis Skinner in San Francisco; Editing by Richard Pullin)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2015, 09:19:13 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=30907
THE NOOSE OF PERSECUTION AGAINST CHRISTIANS WHO REJECT SAME-SEX MARRIAGE IS TIGHTENING
Donna Wasson | February 19, 2015 | 28 Comments

“A GOVERNMENT THAT TELLS YOU WHAT YOU CAN’T SAY IS BAD ENOUGH, BUT A GOVERNMENT THAT TELL YOU WHAT YOU MUST SAY IS TERRIFYING.”

“If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, ‘The servant is not greater than his lord.’ If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.” John15:18-20 (KJV)

Washington State Benton County Superior Court Judge, Alex Ekstrom, has issued a summary judgment in the case against a Christian florist whose faith prevented her from providing service for a same-sex couple’s wedding. The case was set to go to trial in March, but the judge’s judgment serves as the final word. Basically, he has authorized the “personal ruin” of Barronelle Stutzman.

This ruling makes her personally liable for the claims against her, which places not only her business assets at risk but also her home and personal savings as well! World Net Daily reports that this reprobate judge ordered that the state as well as the sodomite plaintiffs, each of whom filed lawsuits, could collect damages and attorney’s fees from Stutzman.

Senior Counsel Kristen Waggoner, with the Alliance Defending Freedom stated, “The message of these rulings is unmistakable: The government will bring about your personal and professional ruin if you don’t help celebrate same-sex marriage.”

She reports the two men had plenty of other options in the marketplace, and even received offers of free flowers from other vendors. However, this wasn’t good enough for either Groom because Robert Ingersoll and his partner Curt Freed, sued Stutzman for politely refusing to engage in a business transaction that interfered with her faith.

Why do you never hear of these homosexual couples demanding wedding cakes or flower arrangements from MUSLIM business owners? Hmmmm?
Ironically, Ingersoll had bought flowers for his lover from Ms. Stutzman for years, and she was well aware they were a gay couple. The problem only surfaced when he asked her to arrange the flowers for their wedding. According to her deposition, she put her hands over his, and told him that she couldn’t “because of my relationship with Jesus Christ,” and because of her belief that marriage should only be between the opposite sex.

The State Attorney General, Bob Ferguson, also sued based on details he learned in the news. According to arguments in the case, the state of Washington apparently believes the state’s statutory protections for sodomites trump the Constitution’s protection of religious liberty, even though the flower corporation was set up under a state law that protects personal assets except in cases of deception, theft or knowing fraud. None of these circumstances occurred in this case.

The defendant, Ms. Stutzman, said, “America would be a better place if citizens respected each other’s differences and the government still protected the freedom to have those differences. Instead, the government is coming after me and everything I have just because I won’t live my life the way the state says I should.”

She continues, “I just want the freedom to live and work faithfully and according to what God says about marriage without fear of punishment. Others have the freedom to say or not say what they want to about marriage and that’s all I’m asking for as well.”

Attorney Waggoner stated, “A government that tells you what you can’t say is bad enough, but a government that tell you what you must say is terrifying. The lesson from the court’s decisions is that you put your home, your family business, and your life savings at risk by daring to defy a government mandate that forces you to promote views you believe are wrong.”

Unfortunately, Judge Ekstrom’s summary judgment means he gets to decide the case one way or another without having witnesses testify or a jury trial. How convenient for the plaintiffs. Here’s the question of the day…

Why do you never hear of these homosexual couples demanding wedding cakes or flower arrangements from MUSLIM business owners? Hmmmm?

I propose someone set up a PayPal account for this sister in Christ, so donations can be made to help cover her court costs and the possible loss of her entire livelihood and home. I will be happy to donate the first $100.00 if someone will do that!

In the meantime, should anyone feel the need to express their opinion to the court, you can reach the judge at: alex.ekstrom@co.benton.wa.us office: 509.736.3071 fax: 509.736.3057

Maranatha, and fast!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2015, 06:43:50 am »

Where do you get punished for defending free speech? At a university, of course

A Wisconsin university is punishing a professor who criticized an instructor for telling her students to support same-sex marriage in her class.

Professor John McAdams, a conservative political science professor, posted comments about the philosphy class on his Marquette Warrior blog, naming the instructor and describing the students' account of the pro-homosexual propoganda he opposed. 

Marquette is now trying to take away McAdams' tenure after suspending him last December pending a review.

Bonilla, Peter (FIRE)Peter Bonilla of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education says McAdams' suspension is a free-speech rights issue.

If a faculty member can have his tenure revoked because of blog comments, says Bonilla, "then if Marquette gets away with that, then I don't think academic freedom is really going to mean much there anymore."

After students were instructed by the instructor to support "gay rights," McAdams wrote, the student and instructor, after class, debated the issue until the instructor accused the student of making "offensive" comments. Adams writes:

Then things deteriorated further as the student said that it was his right as an American citizen to make arguments against gay marriage. Abbate replied that “you don’t have a right in this class to make homophobic comments.”

Marquette is a private Jesuit university in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. About 11,700 students attend the school.

FIRE says the school is holding McAdams personally responsible for the harassing and even threatening criticisms the instructor has received from those who read his blog.

If a college or university holds a speaker responsible for how others react to that opinion, then Bonilla predicts that the foundation of free speech "will collapse on itself."

FIRE has written a letter to Marquette, calling for McAdams' immediate reinstatement because his freedom of speech and academic freedom have been violated.

In the same blog post, McAdams says the student is dropping the class after other professors, including the dean of Arts and Sciences, refused to help.

Descibing another case of "political correctness" at Marquette, McAdams writes that the same dean once took offense when a colleague called an all-female faculty dinner a "girls night out." The colleague was reprimanded for the "sexist" remark.

Bonilla wrote a lengthy story defending McAdams in a FIRE story here.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/education/2015/02/16/where-do-you-get-punished-for-defending-free-speech-at-a-university-of-course#.VPG3wC6K_CY
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2015, 05:10:12 am »

Christian Clubs Rejected on College Campuses for Being Discriminatory

A Christian club at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo will not be allowed to set up a table at the annual Open House this April. Cru, formerly known as Campus Crusade for Christ, will also not be allowed to meet with guests at Chico State during its fall recruitment drive.

Cal Poly San Luis and Chico State are just two of the 23 Cal State universities that Christian student clubs are no longer allowed to recruit at, according to The College Fix.

Earlier this school year, the Cal State University administration called the Christian groups “discriminatory” after those groups refused to allow non-Christians into the clubs. The campuses have officially derecognized those clubs.

To rent a room on campus at Cal Poly, Cru must pay $6,000 a year as an outside organization. Recognized student organizations pay nothing to rent a room. Chico State charges $900 for a one-time use for outside organizations.

“The effects of [the policy] severely reduced the ability of Christians and other religions on campus to practice their faith and be an integral part of the CSU community,” said engineering senior Matt Susank. “Not only does that speak against the mission at Cal Poly but of higher education and it is in a way discriminatory towards our ability to do that which is a huge part of campus life.”

Since the changes, Cru participation at Cal Poly has fallen from 10 to 20 people per Bible study to recently, when only two people showed up, a Cal Poly senior told The College Fix.

Chico State lost about 50 members of Cru, Greg Jao, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship’s national field director, said.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/christian-clubs-rejected-on-college-campuses-for-being-discriminatory.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2015, 12:45:33 pm »

Campus Crusade for Christ? The same NWO-runned organization founded by the New Apostle Reformation, which is doing its part to help usher in the One World Religion? And also the same wolves which the Tim Tebow family were active members while in college?

Matthew 12:24  But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
Mat 12:25  And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
Mat 12:26  And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Mat 12:27  And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

Christian Clubs Rejected on College Campuses for Being Discriminatory

A Christian club at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo will not be allowed to set up a table at the annual Open House this April. Cru, formerly known as Campus Crusade for Christ, will also not be allowed to meet with guests at Chico State during its fall recruitment drive.

Cal Poly San Luis and Chico State are just two of the 23 Cal State universities that Christian student clubs are no longer allowed to recruit at, according to The College Fix.

Earlier this school year, the Cal State University administration called the Christian groups “discriminatory” after those groups refused to allow non-Christians into the clubs. The campuses have officially derecognized those clubs.

To rent a room on campus at Cal Poly, Cru must pay $6,000 a year as an outside organization. Recognized student organizations pay nothing to rent a room. Chico State charges $900 for a one-time use for outside organizations.

“The effects of [the policy] severely reduced the ability of Christians and other religions on campus to practice their faith and be an integral part of the CSU community,” said engineering senior Matt Susank. “Not only does that speak against the mission at Cal Poly but of higher education and it is in a way discriminatory towards our ability to do that which is a huge part of campus life.”

Since the changes, Cru participation at Cal Poly has fallen from 10 to 20 people per Bible study to recently, when only two people showed up, a Cal Poly senior told The College Fix.

Chico State lost about 50 members of Cru, Greg Jao, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship’s national field director, said.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/christian-clubs-rejected-on-college-campuses-for-being-discriminatory.html
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2015, 05:34:15 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/utah-lgbt-antidiscrimination-law-could-chart-path-compromise-202900679.html
Utah LGBT antidiscrimination law could chart new path for compromise

Backed by the Mormon church, Utah's Republican-led legislature voted overwhelmingly to provide explicit legal protections for all of its LGBT residents, while shielding religious institutions that oppose homosexuality from prosecution.

3/12/15

Utah, reddest of the red and one of the most religiously fervent states in the union, is poised on Thursday to become the 19th US state to provide explicit legal protections for all of its lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender residents.

With the full support of the Mormon church, the Utah state legislature, with massive super majorities of Republicans in both its Senate (24 to 5) and House (60 to 15), voted overwhelmingly to add both sexual orientation as well as gender identity to the state’s existing antidiscrimination laws in housing and employment. At the same time, the “Utah Compromise,” as it is called, also shields religious institutions that oppose homosexuality.

Republican Gov. Gary Herbert is expected to sign the bill Thursday evening.

The “monumental” law, hailed by many on both sides as a new path for compromise between religious conservatives and LGBT advocates across the country, would in some ways make the state’s protections more “progressive” than New York’s, New Hampshire’s, or Wisconsin’s. These states protect discrimination against lesbians and gays, but do not explicitly include transgender people, as Utah’s law, joining those of 18 mostly blue states, now will.

“The passage of [the bill] is historic—a Republican majority has voted to expand Utah’s existing non-discrimination protections to include the state’s LGBT community for the very first time,” said Chad Griffin, president of the Washington-based Human Rights Campaign, in a statement Thursday.

But the process could not have even begun, many say, without the support of the state’s influential Mormon leaders, who this year have begun a profound shift in their tone toward LGBT people, after being outspoken in their opposition to gay marriage for years.

Last fall, after federal court rulings made gay marriage legal in Utah, church leaders urged its members to be gracious and civil. Dallin Oaks, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, the governing body of the church, said members should reject persecution “of any kind, including persecution based on race, ethnicity, religious belief or nonbelief, and differences in sexual orientation.”

Since then, leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints had begun discussions with LGBT advocates, opening an unprecedented dialogue that led to this week’s expansion of legal protections. In January, Mormon leaders emphasized the need for new legislation to protect religious freedoms, which they believed were under assault, while announcing they would now support certain anti-discrimination legislation.

“Despite the challenges and difficulties, the complexity of negotiations, a spirit of respect and goodwill has allowed all involved to respect the differences of one another to bring about [this bill],” said Elder D. Todd Christofferson in a statement last week.

The church has not shifted its doctrines toward homosexuality, however, and still opposes same-sex marriage. Instead, it has in many ways emphasized the civic duties of Americans engaged in the democratic process.

“In a society which has starkly diverse views on what rights should be protected, the most sensible way to move forward is for all parties to recognize the legitimate concerns of others,” the church said in a statement supporting the bill. “After a considerable amount of hard work, we believe that the Utah legislature has wisely struck that balance.... While none of the parties achieved all they wanted, we do at least now have an opportunity to lessen the divisiveness in our communities without compromising on key principles.”

The bill does not address whether businesses, such as bakers, florists, or wedding photographers, could refuse service to same-sex couples, which has become a thorny question in many states.

Gay-marriage advocates say they remained concerned about another bill passed by the Utah legislature this week that would allow individual state clerks and public officials to opt out of issuing marriage licenses if it violated their religious consciences. 

“Legislation like [this] simply isn’t necessary, and the spirit behind it is deeply disappointing,” said Sarah Warbelow, legal director for the Human Rights Campaign, in a statement. “Individuals who apply for jobs that serve the public should be prepared to serve the whole public equally and without reservation.”

Since the Supreme Court could rule same-sex marriage a constitutional right later this year, a host of mostly conservative states have been considering similar religious conscience laws that would allow people in public roles to refuse to accommodate services that violate their religious beliefs.   

But gay-rights advocates in Utah celebrated the emotional passage of the anti-discrimination bill, calling it a “monumental day for Utah.”

“This vote proves that protections for gay and transgender people in housing and the workplace can gracefully coexist with the rights of people of faith,” said Troy Williams, executive director of Equality Utah. “One does not exist at the expense of the other.”
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 14, 2015, 06:03:55 am »

Utah Lawmakers Pass Anti-Discrimination Bill with LGBT, Mormon Support

After seven years of debate and a historic compromise, the Utah House of Representatives on Wednesday (March 11) voted final passage of a bill to enact the state’s first statewide nondiscrimination protections for the gay and transgender community, while providing safeguards for religious liberty.

The 65-10 vote was the last legislative hurdle for the bill, just one week after it debuted with the blessing of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the LGBT community.

Utah’s Republican Gov. Gary Herbert was expected to sign the bill at a ceremony on Thursday.

Equality Utah Executive Director Troy Williams hailed the vote as a “monumental day for Utah. This vote proves that protections for gay and transgender people in housing and the workplace can gracefully co-exist with the rights of people of faith. One does not exist at the expense of the other.”

Under the bill, existing anti-discrimination laws for housing and employment would be amended to include sexual orientation and gender identity and clarify exemptions for religious institutions and provide protections for religious expression.

The legislation would make it illegal for employers and landlords to discriminate against individuals based on their sexual orientation or gender identity. Religious organizations and their affiliates, along with the Boy Scouts of America, would be exempt from the bill’s requirements.

The measure’s other religious protections would prevent workers from being fired for expressing beliefs on marriage, family or sexuality unless they conflict with the employer’s business interests.

The bill grew out of weeks of negotiations between lawmakers, the LGBT community and Mormon leaders, who stated their rare — some have said historic — support for the legislation.

Critics’ concerns over process and legalities frustrated the House’s only black member, who said the bill was long overdue. “I stand before you today disturbed that in 2015, we have individuals in our community who are standing before us asking to be treated equally. This is embarrasing,” said Rep. Sandra Hollins, a Salt Lake City Democrat.

GOP Rep. Brad Wilson supported the bill by trying to assuage the fears of those worried about changing Utah’s fundamental character, which is dominated by the LDS Church. The faith claims membership of more than 60 percent of Utahns and more than 80 percent of state lawmakers.

“This legislation does not — contrary to what some people claim — wash away the character of the religious community that we live in. In fact, it strengthens that character in many ways,” Wilson said. “This is a place where we want all people to feel welcome and loved.”

With its enactment, Utah will become the 19th state to provide protection for the LGBT community in housing and employment based on both sexual orientation and gender identity, according to data tracked by the national Human Rights Campaign. No federal laws provide such protections.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/utah-lawmakers-pass-anti-discrimination-bill-with-lgbt-mormon-support.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 14, 2015, 06:09:35 am »

‘If I Hear One Homophobic Word, I Will Arrest You:’ Street Preacher on Trial for Biblical Preaching

TAUNTON, UK – A street preacher in the UK who is charged with making “homophobic” and “Islamophobic” remarks has just completed a two-day trial and awaits a verdict on whether or not biblical speech about the issues is considered a crime in the country.

Mike Overd, a street preacher for five years, is accused of speaking against homosexuality and Islam last June and July on two separate occasions. He is now facing two charges of using threatening and abusive words and a charge of causing racially or religiously aggravated harassment, alarm or distress under the Public Order Act.

A police officer had appeared on local television last fall to urge residents to record Overd’s speech as it had been reported that he was causing offense.

“I’d advise people that if they’re offended to record any incident on their mobile phone and send it to us,” Sgt. Neil Kimmins told reporters.

“It’s clear that this officer is determined to stop me preaching the gospel, which is a terrible attack on freedom of speech,” Overd said following the incident. “I find it extraordinary that the police are trying to make it illegal to preach the gospel in the streets of our country, simply because the gospel at times confronts the sinner.”

Three witnesses appeared in court this week the to claim that they had heard Overd making statements against homosexuality and/or Islam.

“If I don’t tell people about what is in the gospel and that they are sinning, then that makes me a wicked, selfish man,” Overd told the court on Thursday.

Connect with Christian News

He presented two videos as evidence to what occurred as he was preaching from the Bible on the street. In one of the clips, a woman with a little boy approaches Overd and says that she wants to ask him a question. The woman then opines that God loves homosexuals.

“Just because I don’t like their sins does not mean I don’t like them,” Overd says as he continues preaching.

In another video, a police officer approaches the street preacher and tells him that he has received complaints for making “homophobic” statements.

“If I hear one homophobic word out of your mouth here today, I will arrest you,” the officer threatens.

According to the Somerset County Gazette, the officer then advised Overd that he has freedom of speech, but may not offend others.

“I do not set out to hate or make people upset,” Overd told the court. “I have no personal hatred. “I have Muslim friends. We don’t agree on certain things … [but] I have every right to bring facts to the table and compare them. I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.”

Overd’s case is being heard by a Muslim, Judge Shamim Qureshi, who also serves as the presiding judge at the Sharia law-based Muslim Arbitration Tribunal. During this week’s trial, Qureshi reportedly asked the street preacher questions about the death penalty in the Old Testament, as well as whether or not he would take issue with other religions preaching about their faith in public.

“You are in dire trouble. You need to be born again,” Overd replied, according to The West Country. “You’re deluded. I care for your soul.”

A verdict is expected on March 23.

Overd, who faced a similar charge in 2012 and was found not guilty, is not the first street preacher to face charges for allegedly preaching from the Bible about homosexuality. As previously reported, English evangelist Rob Hughes was jailed in 2013 after a lesbian accused him of speaking against homosexuality, but was later released and charges were dismissed as he denied speaking on the topic that day.

American evangelist Tony Miano was also jailed earlier that same year after speaking against sexual immorality on the streets of London. Miano states that he was preaching from 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12 when a woman became agitated by his message and began to curse. He was placed under arrest and marched down to the police station where the was then questioned about his beliefs.

“It was surreal because I was interrogated about my faith in Jesus Christ,” Miano said. “I was asked if I believe that homosexuality is a sin. I was asked what portion of the Bible I was reading. I was asked if a homosexual was hungry and walked up to me, would I give them something to eat.”

“This idea that open air preachers only preach about homosexuality is fallacious. We talk about all forms of sin,” he further explained. “We usually take people through the Ten Commandments. We explain to people that no liar, no thief, no fornicator, no blasphemer, no homosexual, will enter into the kingdom of God.”

Like Hughes, Miano was released and went back out on the streets to preach the following day.

http://christiannews.net/2015/03/13/if-i-hear-one-homophobic-word-i-will-arrest-you-street-preacher-on-trial-for-biblical-preaching/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 19, 2015, 10:27:38 am »

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-videographer-faces-legal-action-after-refusing-to-work-lesbian-wedding-says-its-against-her-biblical-beliefs-135888/
Christian Videographer Faces Legal Action After Refusing to Work Lesbian Wedding, Says It's Against Her Biblical Beliefs
3/18/15

A wedding videographer in Ohio could face legal action after she declined to shoot a lesbian couples' wedding ceremony because it would have conflicted with her biblical understanding that marriage should only be between one man and one woman.

When Jenn Moffitt and her partner Jerra Kincely were searching in February for a videographer to film their wedding, they sent an email inquiry to a local video production company called Next Door Stories in Bexley, Ohio, a town in the Columbus suburbs.

CNN reports that the couple got an email back from the company's owner, Courtney Schmackers, on Feb. 4 politely informing them that she doesn't offer her services for same-sex weddings.

"Hello, Thank you for reaching out about wedding videography. How did you hear about Next Door Stories?" Schmackers' email asked. "Unfortunately at this time I do not offer services for same-sex weddings, but thank you for your inquiry!"

In an interview with CNN that was published Monday, Moffitt said that she was stunned by Schmackers' response to her request.

"I couldn't believe it," Moffitt explained. "It is a small business, and I thought this was a tight-knit community. We wanted to support local commerce and to get that kind of response was astounding."

Moffitt and Kincely have filed a complaint against Next Door Stories with the Bexley Area Chamber of Commerce. The couple has also taken to Facebook to explain the conflict, which has stirred outrage among gay rights advocates, which has shined a negative light on Schmackers' business.

Although Schmackers' refused to provide a comment to CNN on why she refused to provide her services to the lesbian couple, The Daily Mail reports that Schmackers took to Facebook to explain her decision.

"I made a business decision based on my spiritual beliefs and the biblical definition of marriage because I thought that I had a right to that," Schmackers wrote. "Unfortunately, I gave the wrong answer to the wrong person, who decided to make a private issue into a public platform and now I am fully experiencing the consequences. I am sorry you had to be exposed to it, and I'm open to any and all conversation regarding it."

Although the couple filed the complaint, Ohio is one of 13 states that does not allow same-sex marriages, and Bexley is also a municipality that does not prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation. Additionally, the Bexley Chamber of Commerce does not prohibit its members from discriminating based on sexual orientation.

The Bexley Chamber of Commerce issued a statement through Facebook on Monday condemning Schmackers' refusal of service. The post CONTINUED by stating that board members have decided that the chamber's policy must be changed so that this type of "discrimination" does not happen again.

"At our Feb. 11 board meeting, we discussed in detail how the Bexley Area Chamber of Commerce could ensure this does not happen again. The Chamber Board believes that discrimination in any form is wrong and should not be tolerated. At this meeting, the board agreed that our membership policy must be revised to reflect this. We began the process of re-writing [sic] our policies and guidelines."

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 25, 2015, 07:21:49 am »

Street Preacher Found Guilty of Using Threatening Language by Quoting Leviticus

A judge has found that a street preacher used “threatening” language when he quoted the Bible while speaking about homosexuality.

Christian Today reports Mike Overd was convicted under the Public Order Act after he quoted the Bible when preaching about homosexuality in Taunton in June 2014.

The judge at Bristol Crown Court said Overd should not have used the Leviticus 20:13, which uses the word “abomination.”

"The judge is effectively censoring the Bible and saying that certain verses aren't fit for public consumption,” said Libby Towell, spokesperson for the Christian Legal Centre.

Overd has been fined about $200 and is required to pay another $1,300 in costs and compensation to a homosexual man, who was listening to Overd preach.

Overd, who is a former paratrooper, has been preaching on the streets for about five years. In the last few years, he has faced similar charges.

Also in 2014, he was charged after he said that Mohammed could not compare to Jesus. He said if a man marries a 9-year-old, “we call that paedophilia.”

"There's been a concerted campaign to stop him speaking the word of God on the streets of Taunton," Towell said. "Today was the result that the police had been looking for.

"He's not preaching his opinion. He's preaching what God's word says."

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/street-preacher-found-guilty-of-using-threatening-language-by-quoting-leviticus.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2015, 06:45:12 am »

NFL, Big Ten reviewing implications of Indiana religious freedom bill

A year after potential action by the National Football League hung over Arizona's veto of a religious freedom bill, an NFL spokesman said Friday the league is "studying" Indiana's religious freedom law.

"We do not have a comment at this time," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. "We are in the process of studying the law and its implications."

The Big Ten Conference, which has major events scheduled in Indianapolis annually through 2022, said in a statement that it is aware of the law and that its impact will be reviewed at the next meetings of athletic administrators (May 18-20) and presidents/chancellors (June 7).

"The Big Ten Conference and its member institutions believe in promoting an inclusive environment in which athletic competition can operate free from discrimination," the statement said. Unless your a Christian, than its free game

One event that may be under review by the NFL is the annual Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, where about 300 players are evaluated for the NFL Draft.

The weeklong combine, which has been in Indianapolis since 1987, has grown into a national media event, with live television coverage by the NFL Network.

During last month's combine, a spokesman for Visit Indy said it was trying to make a multiyear deal to be host of the combine. Agreements with the NFL have previously been year-to-year, Visit Indy vice president Chris Gahl said.

Visit Indy negotiates with the NFL for use of the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium for the event. Gahl said last month the deal was "probably a few months from being finalized."

Visit Indy estimated the economic impact of this year's NFL Combine at $8.27 million based on an "economic impact calculator" developed for Indianapolis by consultant Rockport Analytics.

Visit Indy took a position against the religious freedom bill before it was signed into law.

The NFL has taken action based on social issues before. It moved the 1993 Super Bowl out of Arizona after the state's voters rejected a Martin Luther King holiday.

In February 2014, less than a year before Arizona was to play host to this year's Super Bowl, governor Jan Brewer vetoed a "religious freedom" bill.

The NFL did not make an explicit threat to move the Super Bowl, but Sports Illustrated reported that the league was looking at options to move the game if Brewer had signed the bill.

At the time, Aiello said, "Our policies emphasize tolerance and inclusiveness, and prohibit discrimination based on age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other improper standard. We are following the issue in Arizona and will continue to do so should the bill be signed into law."

The local Super Bowl host committee there spoke out against the bill.

"We do not support this legislation," a statement said. "Instead, we look forward to continuing to promote the NFL's values while focusing on the economic momentum apparent in Arizona and capturing the positive worldwide attention associated with hosting Super Bowl XLIX."

The Big Ten football championship game is scheduled for Indianapolis through 2021.

The men's basketball tournament is in Indianapolis in 2016, 2020 and 2022. The women's basketball tournament is in Indianapolis from 2016-2022.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2015/03/27/indiana-religious-freedom-rfra-nfl-indianapolis-colts/70543984/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2015, 11:49:33 am »

Notice how the Hegelian Dialectic minions are going to Plan B - first the "fight" is at the federal level, then when the so-called "religious conservatives" lose, they go to the state level(like they are doing now where states are trying to push these "religious freedom" bills).

Look at the abortion agenda - recently states have passed anti-abortion measures...only for the federal courts to strike them down. And that's what's going to happen to these state "religious freedom" bills.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »

Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray announces decision to prohibit Indiana travel for city employees after passage of state's new law; 'none of our taxpayer dollars should go toward supporting this discriminatory law' - @KING5Seattle

http://www.breakingnews.com/

discriminatory law?? against who ?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2015, 05:02:27 pm »

Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray announces decision to prohibit Indiana travel for city employees after passage of state's new law; 'none of our taxpayer dollars should go toward supporting this discriminatory law' - @KING5Seattle

http://www.breakingnews.com/

discriminatory law?? against who ?

I've never visited Indiana, but nonetheless regardless, they're making a big deal out of a small state that doesn't attract too many tourists?

Unless of course you like auto racing. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2015, 05:39:42 pm »

Yeah, I wonder why they're targeting Indiana...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/03/27/19-states-that-have-religious-freedom-laws-like-indianas-that-no-one-is-boycotting/
3/27/15
19 states that have ‘religious freedom’ laws like Indiana’s that no one is boycotting

Indiana has come under fire for a bill signed Thursday by Gov. Mike Pence (R) that would allow businesses to refuse service for religious reasons. The NCAA has voiced its concern ahead of Final Four in Indianapolis next week, there are calls to boycott the state, and Miley Cyrus has even weighed in, calling Pence a name that we can't reprint on this family Web site in an Instagram post.

But Indiana is actually soon to be just one of 20 states with a version of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, or RFRA, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Here are those states, in dark teal:

Forty percent of U.S. states have something similar to Indiana, as does the federal government.

A federal RFRA signed by President Clinton in 1993 shares language with Indiana and other states' bills, prohibiting the government from "substantially burdening" individuals' exercise of religion unless it is for a "compelling government interest" and is doing so in the least restrictive means.

[Indiana is the battle over religious freedom that Arizona never was]

The fact that legislation like this is so widespread probably gave Pence some confidence in signing the bill, despite the controversy in Arizona last year over its bill that was ultimately scrapped, and in other states, like Georgia, which are considering similar measures this year (the NCSL found 13 additional states are considering their own RFRA legislation).

Pence has begun to feel the fallout from his decision. But while Indiana is being criticized, the NCAA didn't say it was concerned over how athletes and employees would be affected by Kentucky's RFRA when games were played there last week, there aren't any plans to boycott states like Illinois or Connecticut, and Miley Cyrus has yet to post a photo of President Clinton or any of the 19 other governors who have also signed RFRAs.

Indiana might be treated as if it's the only state with a bill like this, but it's not.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: