End Times and Current Events
April 18, 2024, 04:00:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Berean Email Bible Study Concern

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Berean Email Bible Study Concern  (Read 528 times)
Boldhunter

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2012, 01:48:59 pm »

This was a "Study" I just received from Berean - I am concerned this is erroneous:
"... apostles...referred to the God Family in their epistles, why is mention of the Holy Spirit almost totally absent (James 1:1; II Peter 1:2; I John 1:3; Romans 1:7; I Corinthians 1:3; II Corinthians 1:2; Galatians 1:3; Ephesians 1:2; Philippians 1:2; Colossians 1:2; I Thessalonians 1:1; II Thessalonians 1:2; I Timothy 1:1-2; II Timothy 1:2; Titus 1:4; Philemon 1:3)?
Where is the Holy Spirit? Is James not a servant of the Holy Spirit (James 1:1)? Is he a servant only of God and of Jesus Christ? What about "knowledge of the Holy Spirit" in II Peter 1:2? Is there no "fellowship with the Holy Spirit" in I John 1:3? Why do the apostles ignore it?
They include a greeting from the Father and the Son in each of these letters, but there is no greeting from the Holy Spirit. This was inspired by God! Is it possible that this is evidence that there is no other personality? Little by little, it keeps adding up. We need to see this with our own eyes—the Holy Spirit is ignored every time the God Family is mentioned. Father and Son—yes. Holy Spirit—no. With a few variations in words, every apostle ignores the Holy Spirit. Would it not be gross insubordination for them to recognize two in the highest offices in the universe and totally ignore the third? They did this because they did not know the Holy Spirit as a personality within the God Family because Jesus taught them no such thing. The Holy Spirit is the power God uses to direct and carry out His purposes within His creation.— John W. Ritenbaugh
Read more: http://www.theberean.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Home.showBerean/BereanID/5248/James-1-1.htm#ixzz24xdKqfhe"

The beginning of the "study" quoted portions of the scriptures listed within the text I quoted above. I have received "encouraging" dailly devotionals from TheBearean.org in the past, but this one is saying "ignore the Holy Spirit"Huh? I bring this to my brothers and sisters as witnesses to discern and judge this teacher's teachings. God Bless!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 02:10:56 pm »

Wow...this guy sounds very DRUNKEN. Not just way off in heresy, but drunken.

Yeah, I've had devotionals like this site et al come to me regularly, and for awhile would use sound doctrine, but then over the long haul their true colors would come out.

Thank you for the heads up!
Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 02:11:28 pm »

I also found this teaching in their website as one of their beliefs concerning resurrection -- I have never heard of this:

"What about the millions who never had a chance to learn about God's plan of salvation? Revelation 20:4-5.

Comment: Those who never had an opportunity to learn God's way will be resurrected after the Millennium. "But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished" is parenthetical and does not refer to the first resurrection, but to a second resurrection.
Read more: http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.sr/CT/BS/k/517/Basic-Doctrines-Eternal-Judgment.htm#ixzz24xo2I3BK"

Please give your thoughts as to error / false teachings by this organization, as they have "Bible Apps" and daily scripture many Christian friends I know subscribe to and use as their Bible on their phones...
Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 02:15:24 pm »

Seriously! Drunken is a good way to describe it.
This devotional used to seem very sound - now suddenly - this is becoming blasphemous!!  I implore everyone to REMOVE them from your email and their Bible APP.

Now read THIS and expose this EVIL DOCTRINE - they clearly deny the Holy Spirit. The LORD continue to EXPOSE wolves in sheep's clothing in the NAME OF JESUS!!

http://www.bibletools.org//index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/431/Trinity.htm
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:22:46 pm by Boldhunter » Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 02:31:45 pm »

Shocked Last piece of evidence:

http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/About.FAQ/ID/251/What-Does-Non-Trinitarian-Mean.htm

TI guess the enemy would like to sneak in and steal the power that is OURS through the Holy Spirit - our HELPER. The LORD REBUKE the lie of Non-Trinitarian's teachings and EXPOSE them to your children in the Name of Jesus! <3
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 03:57:45 pm »

The verses they are ignoring are by Jesus Himself...

19   But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 
20   For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. 
Matthew 10:19,20 (KJB)

38   He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 
39   (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet [given]; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
John 7:38,39 (KJB)

25   These things have I spoken unto you, being [yet] present with you. 
26   But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 14:25,26 (KJB)

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." John 16:13 (KJB)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:59:21 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: