End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:12:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bill Nye the Lying Guy

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Nye the Lying Guy  (Read 5315 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 04:33:01 pm »

Oh OK - I think I remember his face now - even after high school, I continued watching some of those Saturday morning "sitcoms" like "Saved by the Bell". No, Nye wasn't on them, but nonetheless I was flipping channels in b/w commercials and remember seeing him on those other Saturday morning shows briefly listed in the link right above this post.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2014, 05:14:34 am »

Study Shows 2 Million U.S. Scientists Identify As Evangelical

At the annual conference of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, held this year on February 16th, Sociologist Elaine Howard Ecklund reported that 17% of scientists polled in a recent survey describe themselves as evangelical. Christianity Today reports that Ecklund (and other colleagues at Rice University) polled over 10,000 people, 574 of which identified themselves as scientists. This project (like her 2010 book Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really Believe) was spurred by the pervasive assumption of many evangelicals that science is the enemy of religion, Ecklund explains.

Another interesting facet the survey unearthed is that, according to the sampled demographic, evangelical scientists are more likely to attend church, read religious texts, and consider themselves “very religious” than their non-scientist evangelical counterparts. These findings give hope for many who wish to see more productive dialogued fostered between scientists and evangelicals, and even amongst evangelics. According to Galen Carey, vice president of government relations for the National Association of Evangelicals, "Sometimes we attack each other more viciously than even people from the outside." It is Carey’s wish that evangelicals and scientists pursue common ground, such as funding for science and the wish for a clean environment, rather than name-calling and attacking over controversial matters of disagreement.

Jennifer Wiseman (also of the AAAS) believes the survey results are a good first step toward communication and collaboration between the evangelical and scientific communities.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/study-shows-2-million-u-s-scientists-identify-as-evangelical.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 05:53:21 am »

Noah's ark project in Ky. to move forward

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (February 28, 2014)- A Christian ministry's long-stalled plans to build Noah's Ark in the hills of Kentucky have been revived.

Creation Museum founder Ken Ham announced Thursday that a municipal bond offering has raised enough money to begin construction on the Ark Encounter project, estimated to cost about $73 million. Groundbreaking is planned for May and the ark is expected to be finished by the summer of 2016.

Ham said a high-profile evolution debate he had with "Science Guy" Bill Nye on Feb. 4 helped boost support for the project.

Nye said he was "heartbroken and sickened for the Commonwealth of Kentucky" after learning that the project would move forward. He said the ark would eventually draw more attention to the beliefs of Ham's ministry, which preaches that the Bible's creation story is a true account, and as a result, "voters and taxpayers in Kentucky will eventually see that this is not in their best interest."

Ham's Answers in Genesis ministry and the Creation Museum enjoyed an avalanche of news media attention during the debate, which focused on science and the Bible's explanations of the origins of the universe.

Answers in Genesis unveiled the proposal in 2010 for a $150 million theme park that would include the ark. But private donations to the project did not keep pace with the construction timeline, forcing its backers to delay the ark's construction and divide the park development into phases. The bonds were offered last year by the city of Williamstown, site of the planned ark about 40 miles south of Cincinnati.

Ham said the bond issue faced many obstacles, including what he called misleading news media reports and attempts by opponents to disrupt the bond offering.

Ham would not disclose the total amount of bond funds raised because of underwriter restrictions. But a December bond document describing the project listed the amount at $62 million. Mark Looy, a vice president with Answers in Genesis, said the figure is less than $62 million, and that the minimum funding requirement was achieved.

Nye brushed off a question about whether he might be criticized for taking part in a debate that boosted fundraising for the ark.

"Me? I've always been criticized," he said.

The bonds are to be repaid through revenue from the park, and the city is not liable for the money, according to bond documents.

The wooden ark would have old-world details, such as wooden pegs instead of nails, straight-sawed timbers and plenty of animals — some alive, some robotic.

The Creation Museum opened in 2007 and has been criticized by scientists as an affront to evolution science. Ham said Thursday that 2 million visitors have entered the museum since it opened.

- See more at: http://www.onenewsnow.com/ap/united-states/noahs-ark-project-in-ky-to-move-forward#.UxB2mYWCVpI

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 07:13:16 am »

‘Bad for Humankind’: Bill Nye Attacks Ken Ham’s Biblical Beliefs in Opinion Column

Two-and-a-half months after creationist Ken Ham publicly debated evolutionist Bill Nye ‘the Science Guy,’ Nye has written a column for a skeptics magazine, in which he lambasts Ham’s biblical Creation beliefs.

As previously reported, Ham, president of Answers in Genesis (AiG), and Nye discussed the question, “Is creation a viable model of origins in today’s modern scientific era?” in a February 4 debate. AiG has estimated that a total of 12 million people have viewed the historic debate so far—either live in early February or through recordings of the event.

Since February 4, Ham has written numerous commentaries and articles on the debate. In comparison, Nye has remained largely silent. However, in a 3,000-word opinion column published this month by the Skeptical Inquirer, Nye offered his perspective on the debate.

Throughout the column, Nye disparages the biblical creation point of view, describing it as “thoughtless,” “completely unreasonable,” and “useless from a practical standpoint.” Nye also says he agreed to debate Ham in AiG’s Creation Museum because he “relish[es] … confrontation” and “wanted to be in the belly of the beast.”

“I held strongly to the view that [the debate] was an opportunity to expose the well-intending Ken Ham and the support he receives from his followers as being bad for Kentucky, bad for science education, bad for the U.S., and thereby bad for humankind,” Nye wrote. “I do not feel I’m exaggerating when I express it this strongly.”

Nye also asserted that his evolutionary beliefs are founded on “elementary science and common sense.”

“I did my best to slam Ken Ham with a great many scientific and common sense arguments,” Nye boasts. “I believed he wouldn’t have the time or the focus to address many of them.”

Overall, Nye believes his performance in the debate was superior to Ham’s, and hopes it creates a pro-evolutionary legacy.

“By all, or a strong majority of, accounts, I bested him,” Nye asserted. “I frankly hope that in the coming few years not a single student in Kentucky is indoctrinated by the Answers in Genesis facilities and staff.”

Following Nye’s claims, Ham responded on Wednesday with both a blog post and a thorough online commentary.

“There was so much misinformation and so many demeaning comments found in Mr. Nye’s attack against Answers in Genesis and me personally,” Ham wrote, “that I decided to respond to a number of his statements in a commentary.”

“Not only do Bill Nye and I hold totally different positions on origins,” he said, “we also have different accounts of the history surrounding our debate at the Creation Museum on February 4.”

“It was encouraging that Mr. Nye repeated the most-referred-to quote from the debate: ‘There is a book (the Bible),’ Ham stated. “And it’s also encouraging that Mr. Nye has changed his mind, from at one time thinking that I was some sort of charlatan (as he once said in an interview) to recognizing that I do believe what I am teaching, and that I’m passionate about it.”

“Sadly, though,” he added, “he has once again made out that the AiG staff and our supporters are my ‘parishioners,’ almost as if I lead some sort of cultish group.”

Ham then encouraged people to visit the AiG website and explore numerous articles which deal in detail with topics covered in the February debate.

Overall, Ham remains optimistic about the debate outcome, remarking, “I believe this debate did and continues to spark interest across the world about the creation/evolution issue, and has opened the door for Christians to witness to their friends and family.”

“And I have two questions for Mr. Nye, which are the same questions I challenged him about during the debate and continue to be left unanswered,” Ham concluded.

“How do you account for the laws of logic and laws of nature from a naturalistic worldview that excludes the existence of God?
    “Can you name one piece of technology that could only have been developed starting with a belief in molecules-to-man evolution?

“I await the answers,” he said.

http://christiannews.net/2014/04/21/bad-for-humankind-bill-nye-attacks-ken-hams-biblical-beliefs-in-opinion-column/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 04:53:12 pm »

Bill Nye, The Alarmist Climate Guy, Says It’s ‘Unpatriotic’ To Question Government Approved ‘Science’
"It’s offensive to me intellectually."

Bill Nye, The Alarmist Climate Guy, Says It's 'Unpatriotic' To Question Government Approved 'Science'   

Bill Nye, the so called ‘science guy’ has penned a piece for the leftist website Vox in which he actually suggests that the US Constitution says anyone who disagrees with government on scientific matters is unpatriotic.

Nye, who is firmly entrenched in the climate alarmist camp, breaks out the word “denier,” as per usual and attempts to argue that those who question global warming are defying the core principles of the United States.

Bill Nye: Denying science is "unpatriotic" http://bit.ly/1S8Kugd 
3:15 PM - 24 May 2015

“When you have people denying this basic process, and how we all got here, it’s offensive to me intellectually. And I happen to think it’s unpatriotic.” Nye declares.

Unfortunately for Nye, people’s rights do not end where his feelings begin.

He goes on to suggest that “Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution says the government shall ‘promote the progress of science and useful arts.’ So if you’re a politician looking to derail the progress of science, I think you’re not doing your job.”

As many on Twitter pointed out, however, this is another case of an establishment figure twisting the meaning of the Constitution to fit their own agenda.

Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution actually says

“To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries.”

The section is addressing patenting and individual property rights of inventions, ideas and writings.

It is most certainly NOT asserting that anyone who disagrees with government sanctioned ‘science’ is unpatriotic, as Nye suggests.

Any rational person understands that the Constitution is concerned purely with the rights of Americans, not the powers of government to infringe on those rights and determine what is and isn’t ‘patriotic’.

rest: http://www.infowars.com/bill-nye-the-alarmist-climate-guy-says-its-unpatriotic-to-question-government-approved-science/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2015, 05:12:22 am »

Bill Nye Wants to 'Remind Voters' -- Do Not Support Climate Change Deniers
"I just want everybody to keep this in mind."

I just want to remind everybody to not support LIARS!

Bill Nye appeared on CNN Friday and used the opportunity to compel voters to support only those candidates who believe man-made global warming is worsening natural disasters around the world.

The Science Guy tied the recent Texas and Oklahoma flooding to man-made global warming and said that it's past time to talk about climate change in the media at the level of Ferguson and Baltimore. He also called attention to how expensive monetary relief can be for areas affected by natural disasters and urged more effort to combat global warming.

Speaking to Carol Costello, who seemed unconvinced at times, Nye made his pitch:

I just want to remind voters, that suppose you have someone running for congressional office in your district, who insisted that there's no connection between cigarette smoking and cancer. Would you vote for that person? I mean, you might. But if this person were adamant -- 'No, the scientists who studied cigarette smoking, they don't know..' -- If they were adamant, would you vote for them? And so in the same way, the connection between climate change and human activity is at least as strong as cigarettes and cancer.

Nye then made the connection to the recent flooding:

And so I just want everybody to keep this in mind, that it's very reasonable that the floods in Texas, the strengthening storms… these things are a result of human activity making things worse.

Though he noted the awful reality that people have died in Texas from the flooding, Nye complained that it would be him and other taxpayers who foot the bill for this disaster and others like it if something isn't done to fight climate change. He said:

This is very expensive business. When you flood the fourth largest city in the United States, somebody’s going to pay for it, and it’s you and me! And so the sooner we get to work on climate change, the better. And people say to me, Carol, Bill -- they say, Nye -- What can I do about climate change? And what I say nowadays is talk about it. If we were talking about climate change the same way we talked about the stuff that's going on, let's say, in Ferguson or Baltimore, if we were talking about it -- these are very serious issues to be sure -- but if we were talking about climate change in the same way, we’d be doing something about it.

Nye indicated, as he has in the past, that he desires the U.S. to be the leader in the fight against climate change, which will include "new technologies and new regulations." When speaking with President Obama on climate change, he said pursuing the science behind it is his "constitutional duty."

However, Nye denies ever politicizing the topic. But at the beginning of the segment, Costello reminded Nye that he tweets about climate change after extreme weather events "all the time." His most recent was one reason he appeared on the program:

Bill Nye

@BillNye

Billion$$ in damage in Texas & Oklahoma. Still no weather-caster may utter the phrase Climate Change.
12:01 PM - 26 May 2015

4,735 4,735 Retweets

Costello had previously interviewed Nye with much more tenacity and skepticism in blaming everything on climate change.  In the 2012 clip below, Costello pressed Nye on his politicizing climate change and even poked fun at the Google result when searching for Bill Nye. "You're the kooky guy who doesn't know what he's talking about," she said. "I mean, you're not a climatologist," she added.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/bill-nye-wants-remind-voters-do-not-support-climate-change-deniers
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2015, 10:40:28 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2015, 11:15:22 pm »

Bill Nye: Paris terrorist attacks ‘a result of climate change’

Scientist Bill Nye says it’s “a very reasonable argument” to credit climate change with the recent terrorist attacks in Paris.

Why? Do people keep giving this lying nut a platform?

He blames the Islamic State’s recruiting success on Syria’s water shortages.

California has been in a drought for over 10 years, where are all the terrorist there? or is it that it only affects muslims from the middle east?  Roll Eyes

“It’s very reasonable that the recent trouble in Paris is a result of climate change,” Mr. Nye, who discusses global warming at length in his new book “Unstoppable,” told HuffPost Live Monday. “There is a water shortage in Syria, this is fact based — small and medium farmers have abandoned their farms because there’s not enough water, not enough rainfall. And especially the young people who have not grown up there, have not had their whole lives invested in living off the land, the young people have gone to the big cities looking for work.

“There’s not enough work for everybody, so the disaffected youths, as we say, the young people who don’t believe in the system, believe the system’s failed, don’t believe in the economy are more easily engaged and more easily recruited by terrorist organizations, and then they end up part way around the world in Paris shooting people,” he said.

Mr. Nye made the comments the same day that President Obama claimed at COP21 that the climate change conference taking place in Paris is an “act of defiance” against terrorists.

Mr. Nye argued, “You can make a very reasonable argument that climate change is not that indirectly related to terrorism. It’s related to terrorism. So this is just the start of things. The more we let this go on, the more trouble there’s going to be. You can say, ‘We’ll stamp out the terrorists,’ but everybody’s leaving their farms because of water shortages, that’s a little, bigger problem.”

what a moron

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/2/bill-nye-the-science-guy-paris-terrorist-attacks-a/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

Bill Nye Angry No One Blaming 'Climate Change' for Warm Christmas

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/bill-nye-angry-no-one-blaming-climate-change-warm-christmas

Maybe because of this you lying fruit cake

It Was a Warm Christmas in 1955, Too

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/it-was-warm-christmas-1955-too
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2016, 08:02:36 pm »

Scientists Who Are Actually Really Stupid #2: Bill Nye

Isn’t it amazing how all these militant atheists end up with God complexes? In the last instalment of my series looking at celebrity atheist drum-beaters who pass themselves off as “scientists,” I looked at Neil deGrasse Tyson, a progressive icon who puts even my own attention-seeking to shame. Today, I’ll be ruining your childhood with a deconstruction of Bill Nye.

Let’s get this out of the way at once. Bill Nye’s primary qualification for being “The Science Guy” is that his last name rhymes with the phrase. I like to imagine some brilliant scientist named Phil Frye drunkenly ranting in a bar: “It should have been me!”

Nye’s most “sciencey” qualification is an undergrad degree in mechanical engineering. One would hope that one of the world’s foremost finger-waggers on climate change would have at least spent some of his precious carbon footprint earning a Masters, or even stretched himself for a dubious doctorate like Tyson, but alas, no.

Still, it’s a welcome relic of the 1990s that they at least found a STEM major to be “The Science Guy.” His successor will surely be a feminist art history major, or perhaps even a fat studies graduate. After all, as Nye would surely agree, facts are just a construction of the patriarchy designed to keep women and ethnic minorities down.

After a career in aerospace, where he admirably made things and improved the world by enabling jet travel — well before his pearl-clutching carbon panic phase — Nye was introduced to the world of sketch comedy. Ironically, while his acting is pretty good, it was his science that would become the big joke.

As an actor playing the role of “The Science Guy,” Nye served an important purpose: getting children interested in science. It wasn’t an original idea, of course. Children of previous generations were entranced by science-themed entertainers like Mr. Wizard. At least Nye looked the part, though: he might charitably be considered a character actor for the quintessential pencil-neck geek.

As a science advocate, Nye would follow a now-familiar pattern. He would start out as a fun, harmless communicator — not a true scientist, but at least a good entertainer — and then he would get bored and turn to political grandstanding. The admirable goal of holding children’s attention with fun educational content would transform into the tedious business of appeasing liberal benefactors with barely-concealed progressive propaganda. And so it has been.

This has become so common among scientists with book deals that we really need a name for it. The best I could come up with was the title of this series, “Scientists Who Are Actually Really Stupid.”

In business, there’s something called the Peter Principle, which describes people who are promoted one level above their peak competence, thus making them incompetent. We need an equivalent for science, but with a more appropriate moniker.

Perhaps Crusher’s Law, named after the most dreary, incompetent and annoying Star Trek character of all time, Wesley Crusher. He was promoted to ensign and then constantly mucked everything up. The only time actor Wil Wheaton ever pleased an audience was being told to shut up by Picard and his mother.

Bill Nye’s Crusher moment came with “The Eyes Of Nye,” a science show for grown-ups. The programme comprised a brazen list of liberal hobby-horses: global warming, race and genetically-modified foods. Like a mind-numbingly tedious Pokemon, Nye evolved from a fun, endearing kids TV character into a moody partisan hack.

The show wasn’t nearly as popular as his earlier work, of course, running for only 13 episodes. A box set is now available for $499.00 — just the right price range for his exclusive audience of champagne socialists. Despite the show’s doomed trajectory, however, Nye caught the bug for berating Americans from on high.

One of Nye’s favourite pastimes is climate change fearmongering. “This isn’t something you should be debating or denying,” he said last year. Because as we all know, shutting down debate and scepticism is how real science works. Nye also signed a letter calling on media companies not to give airtime or column inches to climate sceptics.

Like most climate alarmists, Nye is a hypocrite. He spent earth day 2015 spewing tonnes of carbon into the atmosphere as he tooled around in Air Force One with Obama. How typical — lecturing Americans about their Sport Utility Vehicles from the comfort of a private plane. Once again, this sort of high-flying climate campaigner is now such a common sight that we really need a word for them. Advocates at Altitude? Mile-High Missionaries? Al’s Apostles?

Nye is also famous for playing to a number of other pet liberal causes. Surprising no-one, Bill Nye on abortion reads like an engineering undergraduate trying to explain biology. When it comes to abortion, the only thing Nye is qualified to do is manufacture the coat hangers, and even then he’d probably **** it up by trying to make them out of sustainable “green plastic.”

Even when debating young-earth creationists, which should be a fairly easy task, Nye fails to meet expectations. The Daily Beast, hardly a conservative publication, admitted that Nye’s famous debate with creationist Ken Ham was a “nightmare for science.” Whereas atheists like Dawkins or Hitchens at least knew how to present an argument, Nye can do little but hurl abuse.

His attitude towards teaching evolution is that kids “need” to believe it, “or else.” (It’s the “or else” that gets me.) Weirdest of all is Bill’s wacky beliefs on GMO crops. For years, Nye held the fashionable — yet scientifically laughable — view that GMOs were dangerous.

At the height of 1990s environmentalism, this was a hugely popular progressive dogma. It has since gone out of fashion, and — lo and behold — Nye has changed his mind. The Washington Post said this change of heart was “proof he’s the Science Guy.”  Nah. It’s proof that he’s the Fashionable Liberal Opinions Guy.

I’ve profiled a lot of insufferable people, but I’ve yet to encounter anyone quite as uniquely odious as Nye. It’s no wonder that he was married for a mere seven weeks before his marriage license was denied. Did he perhaps lecture the officials about their lack of faith in the church of climate change? If Kim Davis had denied Bill Nye a marriage licence instead of those gays she’d be a national treasure by now.

His former spouse then did the worst thing she could do: poured herbicide on his rose garden. All that environmental damage! He ended up filing for a protection order against her. Shouldn’t have married a SJW, Bill.

It’s truly a shame. In his early days, Nye was a brilliant, albeit intellectually limited, entertainer, entrancing kids across the country with genuinely delightful educational material. But like so many celebrity scientists, Nye has been drawn to the dark side.

Or at least the hectoring, nannying, fainting-couch progressive side. I started this column by saying I’d ruin one of your childhood heroes… but in reality, puritanical liberalism did that a long time ago. What a dummy!

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/01/19/scientists-actually-really-stupid-2-bill-nye/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2016, 12:18:45 am »

Science Guy Bill Nye: Let's Discuss Criminalizing 'Climate Deniers'
Scientists are the new Inquisition.

The Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT) posted a video to YouTube on Thursday featuring science popularizer Bill Nye "The Science Guy" suggesting that “climate deniers” and energy CEOs should be treated no differently from war criminals.

CFACT publisher Marc Marono quoted environmentalist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. as saying that “climate deniers” and energy CEOs should be in prison alongside war criminals, and asked Nye whether such rhetoric is too extreme. Nye didn't seem to think so.
“We’ll see what happens," was his vague response. He continued,

"Was it appropriate to jail the guys at Enron? Was it appropriate to jail people from the cigarette industry who insisted that this addictive product was not addictive?

“In these cases, for me as a taxpayer and voter, the introduction of this extreme doubt about climate change is affecting my quality of life as a public citizen. So I can see where people are very concerned about this and are pursuing criminal investigations as well as in engaging in discussions like this.”

In other words, Nye, like the rest of the totalitarian left, thinks that it is at least worth seriously contemplating the criminal prosecution of anyone who disagrees with the climate change orthodoxy to which he clings.

Today's (anti-)scientific process apparently involves not open-minded debate but the ruthless quashing of dissent. And how ironic that Nye, as a "public citizen," resents others affecting his quality of life, since it is "progressives" like Nye who are obsessed with controlling the quality of life for everyone else.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/science-guy-bill-nye-lets-discuss-criminalizing-climate-deniers
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2016, 06:37:38 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2016, 09:05:26 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2016, 02:45:37 pm »

Weather Channel Founder Calls Bill Nye ‘Pretend Scientist in a Bow Tie’ After Celebrity ‘Science Guy’ Made These Comments

John Coleman, founder of The Weather Channel, used a recent interview to slam Bill Nye the Science Guy, calling the celebrity a “pretend scientist in a bow tie.”

Coleman likened Nye’s apparent support for jailing climate change deniers to the plight of Italian astronomer Galielo Galilei, who was jailed by church leaders for defending his heliocentric theory (which turned out to be correct).

“I have always been amazed that anyone would pay attention to Bill Nye, a pretend scientist in a bow tie,” Coleman told Climate Depot Saturday.

“As a man who has studied the science of meteorology for over 60 years and received the AMS (American Meteorological Society’s) ‘Meteorologist of the Year’ award, I am totally offended that Nye gets the press and media attention he does,” he continued.

When asked back in April if he supported jailing skeptics, Nye seemed to entertain the idea.

“For me as a taxpayer and voter — the introduction of this extreme doubt about climate change is affecting my quality of life as a public citizen,” Nye told Climate Depot in an interview regarding the global-warming-wary film “Climate Hustle,” which came out Monday.

“So I can see where people are very concerned about this, and they’re pursuing criminal investigations as well as engaging in discussions like this,” Nye said, adding, “That there is a chilling effect on scientists who are in extreme doubt about climate change, I think that is good.”

Nye’s strong statements prompted Coleman’s Galileo comparison: “That is the most awful thing since Galileo was jailed for saying the Earth was not the center of the universe.”

“In 20 or 30 years, when Nye is an old man, he will realize how wrong he was as the Earth continues to be a just a great place to live,” Coleman added.

“Climate Hustle,” made by Marc Morano of Climate Depot, promises to reveal “the history of climate scares including global cooling; debunks outrageous claims about temperatures, extreme weather, and the so-called ‘consensus;’ exposes the increasingly shrill calls to ‘act immediately before it’s too late,’ and in perhaps the film’s most important section, profiles key scientists who used to believe in climate alarm but have since converted to skepticism.”

Nye once asserted that the documentary is “very much not in our national interest and the world’s interest.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/05/03/weather-channel-founder-calls-bill-nye-pretend-scientist-in-a-bow-tie-after-celebrity-science-guy-made-these-comments/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2016, 11:45:35 pm »

Ken Ham Shares the Gospel with Bill Nye 'The Science Guy' During Ark Visit

Answers in Genesis President Ken Ham says he shared the Gospel with Bill Nye Friday during the Ark Encounter tour.

Nye, accompanied by a crew filming a scientific documentary, said the ark replica amounts to "brainwashing" a new generation, The Washtington Post reports.

"This could be just a charming piece of Americana, just something—I recently used an app called Roadtrippers that takes you to odd or unusual places…but this is much more serious than that," Nye said. "This guy promotes so very strongly that climate change is not a serious problem, that humans are not causing it, that some deity will see to it that everything is okay."

Ham, on the other hand, thought the visit went well.

"Bill challenged me about the content of many of our exhibits, and I challenged him about what he claimed and what he believed," Ham posted on his Facebook page.

"I had opportunity to share the Gospel with Bill a number of times as we strolled through the Ark," he continued.

"As we ended our walk through the 1st deck in front of life-size models of Noah and his family who were depicted praying, I asked Bill if he would mind if I prayed, and if I could I pray for him," he wrote. "He said I could do whatever I want as he couldn't stop me. So while a large group of people were gathered around, I publicly prayed for Bill."

"Ultimately, this is the heart of the issue—we have two different worldviews and two different interpretations of the same evidence because of our different starting points," Ham writes in a blog post on the Answers in Genesis website.

Ham concluded his post saying, "I never expected it would turn into a two-hour debate—but sometimes those spontaneous happenings can be very fruitful and exciting."

"Let's all pray for Bill Nye," he said.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/entertainment/2016/july/ken-ham-shares-the-gospel-with-bill-nye-the-science-guy-during-ark-visit
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2017, 10:27:08 pm »

Could atheist Bill Nye really ‘save the world’?  Cheesy

Two coming projects that feature TV personality Bill Nye, the “science guy,” show how much science has become like politics, according to an expert on the Bible who has debated Nye.

Ken Ham, founder of Answers in Genesis and the creator of the Ark Encounter project that is drawing tens of thousands of visitors regularly, discussed with WND the two new Nye projects.

One is a Netflix series called “Bill Nye Saves the World,” and the other is a documentary, “Bill Nye: Science Guy,” that will appear soon at the South by Southwest film festival in Austin, Texas.

Nye is known for hostility to religious belief and advocating for global warming alarmism. The documentary, according to directors David Alvarado and Jason Sussberg, will be about how a “famous television personality struggles to restore science to its rightful place in a world hostile to evidence and reason.”

The Netflix series, according to Variety’s TV Editor Laura Prudom, is an effort to “refute religious leaders and politicians who espouse ‘anti-scientific claims.'”

Charisma News noted CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS and ABC have had Nye on “to bash creationism theory or to hype the threat of man-made global warming.”

During a blizzard in January 2015, he told MSNBC viewers the “storm is connected to climate change” and called those who would use a snowstorm to dispute global warming “unglued.” In 2010, Charisma News noted, he labeled Americans who are skeptical of climate change ‘unpatriotic.'”

Ham, who publicly debated Nye regarding his beliefs and also entertained him with a special tour of his life-size reproduction of Noah’s Ark, said the pronouncements of many scientists are becoming more and more political. And he doubts the Nye show will really change viewers’ ideas around.

During their debate, Nye accused him of “denying” climate change.

Ham said that’s simply not true. While he may have a different definition of climate change, or see different causes and effects, he doesn’t deny it exists.

“The same sort of thing as in politics. It’s happened to us over and over gain, all the time in politics right now,” he said.

“Those who don’t agree with others, those from the left, just make up things.”

Ham said the arguments over climate change are like that, because while “climate change” surely happens, the earth’s climate was created to be relatively stable.

But progressives try to whip up a frenzy, he said, insisting the earth will end unless a global wealth redistribution plan is immediately implemented.

“This is what they do. They do the same thing with climate change. The same thing with people who believe in creation,” he said.

Ham said the falsehoods of the assumptions are evident from the start, because the claim is the “science” will be “dispelling myths and refuting anti-scientific claims espoused by religious leaders.”

VideoFive Outrageous Anti-Trump Media Rants

Nye is a secularist who uses the word science to describe what really is an atheistic naturalism, Ham said, and the new projects featuring Nye programs are just “going to set up straw men.”

Ham said “there’s nothing new” in the program, which will view Christians and others as a danger.

“Bill Nye’s acting … he’s an actor,” Ham said.

“It has an agenda, to try to make out all these climate-change deniers – they’re going to destroy the world. Christians, they’re destroying the world, and he’s going to save the world,” Ham said.

Charisma reported: “Bashing creationists, Nye has said that skepticism of evolution is an ‘extraordinary world view. And as I say, by extraordinary, I mean obviously wrong.'”

WND reported almost a year ago when Nye accepted Ham’s invitation to tour the life-size Ark reproduction he created.

It features a full-size replica of Noah’s Ark, built according to the dimensions given in the Bible. Spanning 510 feet long, 85 feet wide and 51 feet high, it is described as the largest timber frame structure in the world. The Williamstown, Kentucky, site also includes “jaw-dropping” exhibits and a zoo, the organizers say.

Nye once called the Ark Encounter plan dangerous because it would “indoctrinate children” into the biblical “unscientific” point of view.

Ham said he had invited Nye, and Nye wanted to come on the condition he could bring a video crew. So Ham said, of course, because he would have his own video crew also.

Ham told WND that Nye appeared to not want to visit the site as much as raise pointed questions on video, so he brought out a few of his questions.

Hear a question and answer about death:

For one, what happens when you die.

Nye’s response, Ham said, “You’re done.”

So Ham followed with asking why it matters what one believes if you’re done when you die.

Nye also raised the issue of coming scientific achievements and mentioned the possibility of trips to Mars.

Nye told other visitors at the Ark at the time that it’s “not crazy to believe we’re descendants from Martians.”

So Ham asked why, then, is it “crazy” to believe people descended from Adam and Eve?

He said Nye came with an apparent agenda.

“He wouldn’t listen to anything I said. I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case, hoping he wanted to know what we believe.”

Ham also asked Nye why he wore clothes, since they originated in Genesis of the Bible.

Ham also asked Nye, the chief of the Planetary Society, for permission to pray for him, and Nye responded that he couldn’t stop that.

“I talked to Bill about the second death and that when you die, you’re not done,” said Ham. “You’re either going to be with the Lord or you’re going to be separated from Him for eternity.”

Ham told WND the children have been using words like “awesome,” “big” and “unbelievable” in describing the Ark.

Adults have told him they’ll be returning with their entire families or churches.

http://www.wnd.com/2017/02/could-atheist-bill-nye-really-save-the-world/?cat_orig=education
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2017, 05:44:16 pm »

BILL NYE, THE ‘SCIENCE GUY’ ABSOLUTELY NO MATCH FOR TUCKER CARLSON IN FIERY DEBATE ON CLIMATE CHANGE

Tucker Carlson interviews Bill Nye about global warming (which they have changed to climate change once the world did not flood like they said it would 20 years ago). Bill Nye wants "climate change deniers" thrown in jail because he disagrees with their opinion.

When Tucker Carlson asks direct questions to Bill Nye about climate change he is unable to give concrete, factual answers. Watch as he hems, haws, and makes outlandish statements like “climate change is settled science” and then be unable to produce any facts or figures to support his claim.

Obviously, the science is not settled, or anything even remotely close. Remember folks, these are the same people who said New York City would be “underwater by 2015”.

In this debate, the always awesome Tucker Carlson stops the “science guy” with rational, logical questions he is unable to answer. Now that’s an inconvenient truth, eh Bill?

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/bill-nye-science-guy-no-match-tucker-carlson-fiery-debate-climate-change/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2017, 05:59:49 pm »

Bill Nye Just Proved He’s Not a Real Scientist (He Just Plays One on TV)
He’s so beyond science, even its laws no longer apply.

you might not want to watch this  Tongue

A virviral clip from Bill Nye’s show, Bill Nye Saves the World, just exposed the TV personality for what he really is: a science hack who pushes feelings over facts.

Nye climbed off of his global warming high horse long enough to send a message that transgenderism is the future of evolutionary biology. Helping him out with this “hard science” presentation was sitcom actress Rachel Bloom, who donned a gaudy leotard and lectured the audience, through painfully inept gyrations, on gender fluidity in a song-and-dance number called "My Sex Junk." Of course, this one went out to all the “bipeds who identify as ladies.” Lyrics include:

“This world of ours is full of choice / But must I choose between only John or Joyce?

Are my options only hard or moist? / My **** has its own voice

CHORUS

‘Cause my sex junk is so, oh, oh, oh
Much more than either-or, or, or

Power bottom or a top off / Versatile love may have some butt stuff
It’s evolution, ain’t nothing new / There’s nothing taboo about a sex stew

I’m down for anything / Don’t box in my box

Sexuality’s a spectrum / Everyone is on it
Even you might like it if you sit up on it

Drag queen, drag king / Just do what feels right
You’re a tall pansexual flirty wood sprite?

Sex how you want it’s your goddamn right

After the, uh, performance, Nye comes running out laughing and yells, “That’s exactly the right message, Rachel.”

Remember, this is Bill Nye THE SCIENCE GUY. And the show has a TV-14 rating, according to The Daily Caller.

Of nearly 80,000 views on YouTube, there are only 150 thumbs up and a whopping 8,730 thumbs down as of this writing. One of the top comments summarizes it best:

“This is why Trump won.”

Yes, that’s said a lot, but it’s true. The runner-up comment: “Bill Nye the Cultural Marxist Guy.” The other comments aren’t fit to print here. But if you've seen the video we’re sure you’re already thinking it.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/bill-nye-just-proved-hes-not-real-scientist-he-just-plays-one-tv
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2017, 06:17:35 pm »

Bill Nye Makes A False Claim About The US Constitution — Again

Bill Nye the “Science Guy” tried to claim the Constitution supported the concerns of thousands of scientists and environmental activists who took to the streets on Earth Day to protest the Trump administration’s proposed budget cuts to federal agencies.

“If you suppress science, if you pretend climate change isn’t a real problem, you will fall behind other countries that do invest in science, that do invest in basic research,” Nye told CNN Saturday as the “March for Science” took place.

The march took place in dozens of cities across the world, and the main march took place in Washington, D.C., Saturday. Nye spoke at the rally where thousands carried signs deriding skeptics of global warming and cuts to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other bureaucracies that fund or conduct scientific research.

“And it is interesting to note, I think, that Article 1 Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution refers to the progress of science and the useful arts,” Nye said.

“Useful arts in 18th Century usage would be what we call engineering or city planning or architecture,” Nye said.

Nye’s used the argument before to underscore how “unpatriotic” it is to not have the federal government hand out billions of taxpayer dollars to universities, corporations and research institutions.

“Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution says the government shall ‘promote the progress of science and useful arts,'” Nye told Vox in 2015 — Vox didn’t correct him or fact check his claim.

“So if you’re a politician looking to derail the progress of science, I think you’re not doing your job,” Nye said.

And, like last time, he’s 100 percent incorrect.

Nye is referring to the Constitution’s Copyright Clause. The clause is one in a laundry list of Congress’s enumerated powers.

It reads: “To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.”

The Copyright Clause has nothing to do with government-funded science, but everything to do with establishing a legal framework to protect intellectual property rights.

This is why Nye is not known as the “Constitution Guy.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/23/bill-nye-makes-a-false-claim-about-the-us-constitution-again/#ixzz4fDCTKbLc
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2017, 10:06:16 pm »

Commentary: Can we stop pretending Bill Nye is a science guy already?
Brandon Morse

Don’t get your dinner from a gas station, don’t throw smoke bombs intended for your opponents into the wind, and don’t get your scientific information from a celebrity in a lab coat. Especially one who only has a B.S. in mechanical engineering.

These are pretty basic things people should know not to do, but the last one is something many will ignore when it comes to the case of psuedo-scientist Bill Nye.

Nye gained popularity in the 90’s when he hosted the kid’s show, Bill Nye the Science Guy. Admittedly, it was an interesting show that I tuned into often to watch when I was a kid. However, like many a Disney Channel star has done, Nye shed the shackles of a child friendly persona, and began engaging in behavior that should be too ridiculous to be consumed by the mainstream media, but is anyway.

What’s worse, is that some of this behavior is very anti-science for a guy who is oft referred to as “the science guy.”

The latest in Nye’s long line of non-scientific science came during his new Netflix series, when he had a song and dance number performed by actress Rachel Bloom. The song was called “My Sex Junk,” and it featured Bloom and some backup dancers singing and dancing about how sexuality is fluid, and transgenderism is sound science.

The clip of this performance was published to YouTube on Tuesday, and since it’s hit the web the video has gone viral, and attained a level of infamy that most of today’s more famous provocateurs would call “too much.” As of this writing, the video currently has over 100,000 views, over 11,000 “thumbs down, and only 175 “thumbs up.”

Watch the video for yourself, but be warned that it contains references to genitalia. A lot. Also, it’s really, really awkward.

I find it fascinating that Nye, the man who often complains that there are people out there ignoring “proven” science on climate, and pushes the importance of scientific discovery, is willing to completely ditch sound science and facts in the face of a political agenda.

Transgenderism, for all its promotion as today’s cause célèbre is not real in any world but the political. Science recognizes the disorder of gender dysphoria, but beyond this disorder, there is no scenario where a woman is actually a man, though she posses two X chromosomes, ovaries, and other things specific to female biology. Likewise, a man cannot menstruate or become pregnant, or give birth.

This is obvious to anyone still in grade school, but apparently not to Nye, the actor who touts himself as a man of science. For Nye, science and politics are the same thing. He said as much when he was recently on CNN, where he got into a debate with William Happer, a physicist at Princeton University. Happer – the actual scientist – got into an argument with Nye about how there isn’t any need for the global warming alarmism, and that we should be crafting and voting on policy based off of flawed computer models.

Nye fired back by first chastising CNN for having someone like Happer on, calling him a “climate denier.” He then went into spouting disproved claims about warming oceans, and mentioned that “science is political.”

The problem with Nye’s stance is that politics has agendas contained within it. Science, at least in its true sense, does not. Science is based off of fact, trial and error, and hard evidence. Politics is based off of opinion, philosophy, and and how much money you can get for voting a certain way. If Nye is truly a man of science, he should be willing to stand back, look at the evidence in front of him, and conclude that there is not more than two genders, or that throwing people in jail for being a “climate denier” is going a little too far.

In science, more debate is good, not less. A man attempting to silence others because he doesn’t agree sounds more like something a religious fanatic would do, not a man of science.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/24/commentary-can-we-stop-pretending-bill-nye-is-a-science-guy-already/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2017, 10:07:43 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2017, 09:23:50 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2017, 06:37:07 pm »

Images Prove Bill Nye Flipflopped on Gender Fluidity
Remember when conservatives were the 'anti-science' ones? Me either.

When hen a clip from Bill Nye’s Netflix show, Bill Nye Saves the World, went viral this week, people lamented that their lives might never be the same. TruthRevolt's Trey Sanchez transcribed some of the (ahem) "better" parts of the "song":

“This world of ours is full of choice / But must I choose between only John or Joyce?

Are my options only hard or moist? / My **** has its own voice

CHORUS

‘Cause my sex junk is so, oh, oh, oh
Much more than either-or, or, or

Power bottom or a top off / Versatile love may have some butt stuff
It’s evolution, ain’t nothing new / There’s nothing taboo about a sex stew

I’m down for anything / Don’t box in my box

Sexuality’s a spectrum / Everyone is on it
Even you might like it if you sit up on it

Drag queen, drag king / Just do what feels right
You’re a tall pansexual flirty wood sprite?

Sex how you want it’s your goddamn right

During the performance, Bill Nye was seen jamming to the song and then congratulating the singer for presenting "exactly the right message."

Immediately, people on Twitter decided to remind Nye of his less ridiculous past. As you undoubtedly recall, he got famous by hosting a half-hour live action science program on Disney and PBS that originally aired from September 10, 1993 to March 1, 1999. The show lasted for five years and a hundred episodes. Check out the old screenshots Twitter users unearthed in which he was singing a different tune about gender. Andrew Klavan wrote, "Remember 'the science guy'?" 

So does that mean that Nye was teaching children how to be bigots? I can't believe that Nye is still allowed to have a cultural platform. Of course, the "pre-woke" Bill Nye was relying on that thing called science. The "woke" version is relying on "whatever the cultural winds are telling me to say today regardless of science." Do you remember when liberals used to accuse conservatives of being "anti-science?" That's the good news about these newly-discovered screen shots of the evolution of Nye. Even though conservatives can never unhear "Sex Junk," they now have a mic-dropping response when people accuse them of being idiots for their political or religious beliefs.

Two words will shut that down: Sex Junk.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/images-prove-bill-nye-flipflopped-gender-fluidity
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2017, 06:48:08 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2017, 03:18:54 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2017, 06:48:30 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2017, 09:50:44 am »

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=87068
SAD: Look What Bill Nye Is Getting For His "Sex Junk" Netflix Show

Bill Nye has been nominated for an Emmy award for his show's "Sexual Spectrum" episode, which featured the heavily ridiculed video "My Sex Junk" by actress Rachel Bloom.

From The Daily Caller:

Comedian Bill Nye received an Emmy Award nomination Thursday for his Netflix show’s “Sexual Spectrum” episode.

The Television Academy Awards nominated writers on “Bill Nye Saves The World” for a musical number suggesting that sexuality exists on a spectrum. The episode raised concern from conservatives and YouTube denizens alike, many of whom mocked the show for awkwardly associating social sciences with physical sciences.

“It’s been a record-breaking year for television, continuing its explosive growth,” Television Academy Chairman Hayma Washington said in a press statement announcing this year’s Emmy nominations. “We are thrilled to once again honor the very best that television has to offer.”

The nominated episode features the music video, “My Sex Junk,” which was published on YouTube and aired in April on Netflix, features actress Rachel Bloom singing a song about transgenders, gay sex and how sexuality is a fluid concept. Bloom’s song appears to lament the fact that humans are relegated to living lives as male or females.

“Sexuality’s a spectrum, everyone is on it. Even you might like it if you sit up on it,” Bloom sings on stage as Nye can be seen off-stage dancing. “Drag king, drag queen just do what feels right.”

The Netflix show purports to look at various social problems through a more scientific perspective, according to the International Movie Database, but one of the show’s most recent episodes promoted transgenderism and other social science concepts. Nye has an engineering degree but is not a scientist.

7/16/17
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: