End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:41:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Woman on the Beast of Revelation

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Woman on the Beast of Revelation  (Read 3679 times)
William
« on: February 19, 2011, 05:27:01 pm »

Revelation Chapter 11
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they
shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days,
clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks
standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of
their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man
will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the
days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn
them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the
beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make
war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great
city,
which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where
also our Lord was crucified.

Revelation Chapter 17
AND there came one of the seven angels which had the
seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come
hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great
w hore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed
fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made
drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness:
and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of
names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour,
and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls,
having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and
filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY,
BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the
saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when
I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou
marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of
the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and
ten horns.
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall
ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and
they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names
were not written in the book of life from the foundation of
the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not,
and yet is.
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven
heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is,
and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth,
and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings,
which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power
as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and
strength unto the beast.
14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb
shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of
kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen,
and faithful.
15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest,
where the w hore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and
nations, and tongues.
16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast,
these shall hate the w hore, and shall make her desolate and
naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to
agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the
words of God shall be fulfilled.
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city,
which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Revelation Chapter 18
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived
deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she
saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall
see no sorrow.

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying,
Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in
one hour is thy judgment come

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and
prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of
saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

I Peter 5:13

13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you,
saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

Luke Chapter 13
33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the
day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of
Jerusalem.

34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and
stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have
gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her
brood under her wings, and ye would not!

Exodus Chapter 25
4 And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and
goats’ hair,

Exodus Chapter 26
MOREOVER thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten
curtains of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and
scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make
them.

Exodus Chapter 28
4 And these are the garments which they shall make; a
breastplate, and an ephod, and a robe, and a broidered coat,
a mitre, and a girdle: and they shall make holy garments for Aaron thy brother, and his sons, that he may minister unto
me in the priest’s office.
5 And they shall take gold, and blue, and purple, and
scarlet, and fine linen.
6 ¶ And they shall make the ephod of gold, of blue, and of
purple, of scarlet, and fine twined linen, with cunning work.
7 It shall have the two shoulderpieces thereof joined at the
two edges thereof; and so it shall be joined together.
8 And the curious girdle of the ephod, which is upon it,
shall be of the same, according to the work thereof; even of
gold, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.

I'm wondering is the w hore possibly Jerusalem? With what the scripture, to me it seems to be. I'm just wondering if maybe I'm in error on this, and would like to know, I'm trying to compare scripture with scripture the best I can. And it also says in II Timothy 3:16

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for
instruction in righteousness:

also the seven mountains it talks about, well it seems this fact could be verified as well. I have an old map in the back of a bible from 1952, and while one day looking on it I discovered seven Mounts, or Mountains. Search your Bibles and you will find all Seven.

1. Mt. Nebo or Pisgah
2. Mt. Gerizim
3. Mt. Ebal
4. Mt. Gilboa
5. Mt. Tabor
6. Mt. Carmel
7. Mt. Olives, or Mount of Olives. The one Jesus and his Disciples often went to.

I'm just trying to understand what the w hore could be, and with the way the scripture is reading, it points to Jerusalem, or Israel. Though it mentions a "Great City". What greater city is there than Jerualem in the world?

I would like more scripture if anyone can provide and explain, if its another city, and not Jerusalem.

Thanks, and God Bless.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:50:49 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

akfools
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 07:03:35 pm »

"For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great **** (Roman Catholicism), which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand." ―Revelation 19:2)

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists (Popes and priests); whereby we know that it is the last time" ―1st John 2:18

“And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color (official Vatican colors), and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls (the Vatican is filthy rich), having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations (the Holocaust, inquisitions, etc.) and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY (very few people realize where the Catholic religion started), BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS (Many heathen religions have spawned out of Catholicism, such as Lutheranism) AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH” ―Revelation 17:4,5

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/the_great_whore.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 07:48:30 pm »

I agree with ak, the mother of harlots/Mystery Babylon is the Vatican/Roman Catholic Church. It's heavily documented how the Jesuits have infiltrated every element of our society for centuries. Even Abe Lincoln once said to beware of the Jesuits(and for that matter too, Ronald Reagan's admin had alot of Jesuits...coincidence that Amnesty started under this very administration?).

And if you look at alot of our "influential" figures, ala Henry Kissinger, David Rockefeller, C. Peter Wagner, Rupert Murdoch, Pat Buchanan, Alexander Haig, and the list goes on...coincidence that these man have ties to the prominent RCC societies like the Knights of Malta? Or take this whole Rick Warren PDL nonsense - Warren is subtlely bringing the 1000s of member churches under his belt back to Rome(ie-even he himself admitted that he prefers preaching RCC doctrine). And for that matter too, Freemasonry and the New Age movement spawned from the Jesuits.

Overall, it's a laundry list - but it seems like when you look and research deep into all the globalists agendas, somehow, each and every one of them are tied to Vatican City. So for the record, no, It's NOT the Jews(Bill Cooper emphasized this in his MB series). And for the record too, this so-called Zionism also spurred out of the Vatican.

Edit: Also, FIVE of the current SC Justices are Roman Catholics, with Chief Justice John Roberts being one. The current House Speaker(Boehner) is Catholic, as was Pelosi(the previous HS).

Islam spurred out of the Vatican.(and Islam seems to be shooting for the same goals that Hitler's Nazi Germany tried to pull off) However, if you try to tell someone that Islam spurred out of Catholicism, they will give you a blank stare.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 07:52:28 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 12:55:08 am »

"For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great **** (Roman Catholicism), which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand." ―Revelation 19:2)

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists (Popes and priests); whereby we know that it is the last time" ―1st John 2:18

“And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color (official Vatican colors), and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls (the Vatican is filthy rich), having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations (the Holocaust, inquisitions, etc.) and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY (very few people realize where the Catholic religion started), BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS (Many heathen religions have spawned out of Catholicism, such as Lutheranism) AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH” ―Revelation 17:4,5

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/the_great_whore.htm

You might be right, I'll need to do a deeper Bible study to see. I use to think the same thing in the past, but changed my stance on it later, that perhaps it was something else that was the ****. One of the things I don't understand is who are the seven kings, with five fallen, and one is, and another must come for a short space. Are those some of the past popes? with John Paul II being the sixth one that is? and the one we have now is the one who comes for a short space?

I'm wondering how it fits in the with the third temple and the Beast (Aka Anti-Christ).

Thanks, and God Bless.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:56:41 am by William » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 02:07:31 am »

city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where

That isn't Rome, that's for sure. That verse is clearly talking about Jerusalem.

Personally, I don't agree with the whole Vatican thing. While it clearly has a role in the antichrist system, it doesn't fit as the great ****, at all.

The Abomination of Desolation doesn't take place in St. Peter's Basillica, it takes place in Jerusalem. Was the Vatican around to get the blood of the saints on it's hands? Nope. But Jerusalem sure has been. Who murdered Jesus? Catholics? Nope, Judaism. Who tried to run off the new Christians from Jerusalem? The Jews, as well as the Romans, who the Jews were in bed with, at least politically.

What has been God's main complaint about the Jews? Leaving their first love, and turning to other gods, committing fornication with other gods. Spiritual adultry.

The Vatican doesn't have anything to do with the Temple. They may make an international call for people to support Jerusalem in building a new temple, but that's just because they are part of the world.

Be persuaded in your own mind.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 01:38:19 pm »

city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where

That isn't Rome, that's for sure. That verse is clearly talking about Jerusalem.

Personally, I don't agree with the whole Vatican thing. While it clearly has a role in the antichrist system, it doesn't fit as the great ****, at all.

The Abomination of Desolation doesn't take place in St. Peter's Basillica, it takes place in Jerusalem. Was the Vatican around to get the blood of the saints on it's hands? Nope. But Jerusalem sure has been. Who murdered Jesus? Catholics? Nope, Judaism. Who tried to run off the new Christians from Jerusalem? The Jews, as well as the Romans, who the Jews were in bed with, at least politically.

What has been God's main complaint about the Jews? Leaving their first love, and turning to other gods, committing fornication with other gods. Spiritual adultry.

The Vatican doesn't have anything to do with the Temple. They may make an international call for people to support Jerusalem in building a new temple, but that's just because they are part of the world.

Be persuaded in your own mind.

That's why I changed my stance on it recently. I do believe the Vatican will play a part in the end times, but not as the ****, also I just found this recently which makes me wonder even more.

http://biblelight.net/peters-jerusalem-tomb.htm

It says on that website they found the grave or tomb of Simon Peter, the Apostle from the Bible. Now they can't be absolutely for sure, but one thing about it in that article is that they found Mary, and Lazarus and someone else as well who were buried rather close to him. It makes it seem more like maybe he died in Jerusalem?

Which I believe is true, because it says in Galatians Chapter 2

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as [the gospel] of the circumcision [was] unto Peter; 8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

And if you line this scripture up with I Peter Chapter 5:13

13 The [church that is] at Babylon, elected together with [you], saluteth you; and [so doth] Marcus my son.

I believe he was writing from Jerusalem.

Now there is another scripture that says he did go to Antioch once, maybe even more than that. Also there is no proof Peter was in Rome, especially according to that article above. So if he did not die in Rome, where did he die? I have to believe he died in Jerusalem or Israel. James was killed in Jerusalem, when King Herod beheaded him, and also took peter at that time. As it says in Acts Chapter 12.

NOW about that time Herod the king stretched forth his
hands to vex certain of the church.
2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.
3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded
further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of
unleavened bread.)
4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison,
and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep
him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.
5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made
without ceasing of the church unto God for him.
6 And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same
night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with
two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison.
7 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a
light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side,
and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains
fell off from his hands.
8 And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on
thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy
garment about thee, and follow me.

Also Jesus predicted his death in John Chapter 21

18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young,
thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest:
but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy
hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither
thou wouldest not.
19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should
glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto
him, Follow me.

He was crucified as well, just as Jesus was. I don't know if he was really crucified upside down as people say, it does not say anything about that, but in some way he was crucified.

This is what I at least believe, Some of the things you said confirm what I said, Kilika.

With even more scriptures, I believe it proves this, but as you said, let everyone be persuaded in his own mind.

Thanks, and God Bless.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 02:48:24 pm »

This is a very good discussion.

Just to throw this out as well - the doctrines the Pharisees and Saduccees abided in was from the ancient mystery religions which dated as far back as the days of Nimrod, which also happens to be the roots of the Vatican/Roman Catholic Church. The Pharisees were also the Freemasons(among other secret societies) of those days as well. And for that matter too, the luciferian religion of today's NWO ruling elite is rooted in the ancient babylonian religions. William F. Cooper discussed this in detail in his Mystery Babylon series.

So which escatology is correct? I really don't know, however, it's very interesting to see that both the Vatican and the Pharisees/Jews of those days when Jesus roamed the earth in the flesh are rooted in these ancient babylonian religions.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 05:01:51 pm »

Also - who's been responsible for unleashing all these perverted bibles since 1881? It wasn't the Jews/Israel, that's for sure.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 06:29:02 pm »

Also to throw this out there too - the Rockefellers(like said above, Knights of Malta) have a street named after them in the current state of Israel(as do the Rothchilds, who are probably connected with Vatican societies as well).

Is there a connection with the Vatican and the current state of Israel? Dunno, but wasn't the current state of Israel set up by the United Nations, which share the same goals as the Vatican and other globalists?
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 07:45:26 pm »

I had something come to me last night about this subject, however now I have forgotten the scripture. I will throw in this part that I do remember however.

You know, some people say its the Catholic Church because of their official colors (Purple & Scarlet). I have heard others say its the Masons because they also have (Red & Scarlet), and I remember even seeing some kind of procession and they had these colors. And also there is the old Rabbinical System from the Old Testament where they had a priesthood and sacrificed animals as we all know, and had Purple & Scarlet and they also had gems, and stones, etc. Kind of fits in with Revelation 18. (Check Exodus, & Leviticus, Deuteronomy, and Numbers.) Also the Lord just brought back to me what I forgot, Praise the Lord!

Now to what jsut came back to me. I was thinking...and this came to me last night. Won't the Antichrist or Beast, be in the third Temple? which will be in Jerusalem. Also heres another fact to think about. Christ is going to rule for 1,000 Years on earth. And he will rule also the New Jerusalem after the 1,000 Years. (Check Revelation Chapters 17-21/22)

Now Satan is going to counterfiet everything the Lord does, and always does. I believe he will try to set up a Kingdom as it says, but his will only last 7 years....so given this, I'm just saying it fits in more with Jerusalem and the third temple, etc. Perhaps its all of them. I will say, this is something I definitely need to greatly study to understand more. As I am a bit ignorant on this paticualr subject, and prophceny in general.

I do believe the Catholic Church and yes even the Masons will play a big role in the End times, as they do already.

Maybe these aliens (Demons) who will appear the future will be in Purple and Scarlet, who knows...

Anyways that's my two cents and take on things. Also I have not responded in a while because I was not sure how to quite respond yet. Guess waiting for the Lord to lead me and at the right time.

God Bless all, and the grace of God be with you, and the Word in your hearts.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 12:01:53 am »

I was just having a long, drawn out, draining debate about some of what we're talking about here on PPF. Some guy there started a thread how, "It's only the Jews who control the media"(won't go into detail how we spent who knows how long debating this - darnit! wasted like 2 hours of my life, should have ignored him!).

Anyhow, I think it's pretty safe to say that it's NOT ONLY ONE entity. It's not just the Zionists, it's not just the Vatican, it's not just the Muslims, it's not just the United Nations, etc, why? Who's at the very top? Obviously, Satan.

If maitreya the world teacher emerges as this OWG antichrist, how will the "the Zionist Jews" camp respond? Personally, I don't think they'll be able to come up with any kind of explanation to this.

Anyhow, we will see when the last act unfolds.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 12:09:03 am »

William F. Cooper - "It's not the Jews"

http://vodpod.com/watch/2529850-bill-cooper-its-not-the-jews-part-2
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 01:25:39 pm »

Having looked over this again, I may need to back up a bit on my understanding of who Babylon the Mother of Harlots is.

Initially, like William did, I looked at the verses that use the words "great city", and made comparisons. So I was thinking it was the same city being talked about, thus it led me to believe that Babylon may be Jerusalem.

I was overlooking something.

Notice that in Revelation when it talks of the two witnesses, it says "the great city". Also in chapter 16, it calls Jerusalem "the great city".

Now look at the other verses in question. They all use "that great city" when talking about Babylon. I now believe that it's two different citites being talked about. Babylon is seperate from Jerusalem. Considering what it says in chapter 18, it's hard to say it's not the Vatican once Jerusalem is eliminated as being "that great city", even though in 21:10 it calls New Jerusalem "that great city", and we know that isn't Babylon.

So who is Babylon the Great, The Mother of Harlots?

Looks like the Vatican.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 02:58:13 pm »

Having looked over this again, I may need to back up a bit on my understanding of who Babylon the Mother of Harlots is.

Initially, like William did, I looked at the verses that use the words "great city", and made comparisons. So I was thinking it was the same city being talked about, thus it led me to believe that Babylon may be Jerusalem.

I was overlooking something.

Notice that in Revelation when it talks of the two witnesses, it says "the great city". Also in chapter 16, it calls Jerusalem "the great city".

Now look at the other verses in question. They all use "that great city" when talking about Babylon. I now believe that it's two different citites being talked about. Babylon is seperate from Jerusalem. Considering what it says in chapter 18, it's hard to say it's not the Vatican once Jerusalem is eliminated as being "that great city", even though in 21:10 it calls New Jerusalem "that great city", and we know that isn't Babylon.

So who is Babylon the Great, The Mother of Harlots?

Looks like the Vatican.

And then when you look at our present day - look at where EVERYTHING ties into...whether it's the MSM(ie-FOX News) or Freemasonry or the "truth" movement(ie-Alex Jones) or the "founding" of America(ie-alot of those monuments in DC are dupes of the ones at the Vatican) or the number of Catholics running DC or ecumenism in the modern-day church or the "founding" of Islam, the list goes on. Aren't alot of our "high level" elitists members of Knights of Malta, Knights of Columbus, CFR, etc? Or look at those photos of Bush II and Obama BOWING to the Pope.

Yep - however you look at it, ALL of these groups et al lead to ROME. Yeah, beware of those ministries, alternative news sources, etc that do everything to silence the Vatican's involvement in the NWO.

And to top it off, SCRIPTURE CONFIRMS it(like you mentioned just now, Kilika). Why the modern-day church pastors just don't see this(but instead fellowship with these pagans) is beyond anyone. Thank you Jesus!
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 12:57:02 am »

I might be wrong with this, and it very well might be the Vatican (I can't be dogmatic), but compare Revelation 17 and 18 to Ezekiel 16:

"But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was. And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so. Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them, And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them. My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord GOD. Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter, That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them? And in all thine abominations and thy whoredoms thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood. And it came to pass after all thy wickedness, (woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord GOD;) That thou hast also built unto thee an eminent place, and hast made thee an high place in every street. Thou hast built thy high place at every head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feet to every one that passed by, and multiplied thy whoredoms. Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy whoredoms, to provoke me to anger. Behold, therefore I have stretched out my hand over thee, and have diminished thine ordinary food, and delivered thee unto the will of them that hate thee, the daughters of the Philistines, which are ashamed of thy lewd way. Thou hast played the **** also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied. Thou hast moreover multiplied thy fornication in the land of Canaan unto Chaldea; and yet thou wast not satisfied herewith. How weak is thine heart, saith the Lord GOD, seeing thou doest all these things, the work of an imperious whorish woman; In that thou buildest thine eminent place in the head of every way, and makest thine high place in every street; and hast not been as an harlot, in that thou scornest hire; But as a wife that committeth adultery, which taketh strangers instead of her husband! They give gifts to all whores: but thou givest thy gifts to all thy lovers, and hirest them, that they may come unto thee on every side for thy whoredom." (Ezekiel 16:15-33)

"Wherefore, O harlot, hear the word of the LORD: Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thy filthiness was poured out, and thy nakedness discovered through thy whoredoms with thy lovers, and with all the idols of thy abominations, and by the blood of thy children, which thou didst give unto them; Behold, therefore I will gather all thy lovers, with whom thou hast taken pleasure, and all them that thou hast loved, with all them that thou hast hated; I will even gather them round about against thee, and will discover thy nakedness unto them, that they may see all thy nakedness. And I will judge thee, as women that break wedlock and shed blood are judged; and I will give thee blood in fury and jealousy. And I will also give thee into their hand, and they shall throw down thine eminent place, and shall break down thy high places: they shall strip thee also of thy clothes, and shall take thy fair jewels, and leave thee naked and bare. They shall also bring up a company against thee, and they shall stone thee with stones, and thrust thee through with their swords. And they shall burn thine houses with fire, and execute judgments upon thee in the sight of many women: and I will cause thee to cease from playing the harlot, and thou also shalt give no hire any more." (Ezekiel 16:35-43)

And then Luke 21:20-24 also seems to discuss the same sequence of events:

"And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judæa flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled."

It seems to me like Babylon the Great is Israel. If it were the Vatican, why would the Antichrist and his New World Order turn on the Vatican, as in Revelation 17:16? What would be the motivation? The Vatican is gonna be in lock-step with him the entire way (and very well may be where the false prophet comes from).

And as someone else mentioned, they use the phrase "great city" to describe the woman (which is where our Lord was crucified), and she is responsible for the shedding of the blood of prophets and saints. Who killed Jesus? Who killed the prophets? Who killed Stephen, and persecuted and killed many other New Testament saints? Israel/Jerusalem.

A possible sequence of events would be that Israel goes to bed with the Antichrist and his world system (while accepting him as their [false] messiah), then halfway through the Antichrist and his world system turns on them and wholesale kills them and breaks apart Jerusalem (Two-thirds of the Jews are wiped out in the process, leaving only the one-third that get saved)

Again, I might be way off base here, and it may very well be the Vatican, but Ezekiel 16 and Luke 21 seem to be talking about the same thing, and both line up pretty well with Revelation 17 and 18.

Your thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 01:11:37 am »

^^

'Israel, Vatican near historic relationship upgrade'

http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?id=301475

1/30/12

Deputy Foreign Minister Ayalon: J'lem is on verge of signing agreement to formalize diplomatic relations with the Holy See.

After 14 years of glacial negotiations, Israel and the Vatican are on the verge of signing a long-elusive agreement that would formalize diplomatic relations, Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said on Tuesday.

Ayalon’s comments to The Jerusalem Post came after a meeting in Jerusalem of a working commission that has been trying to iron out various issues between Israel and the Holy See since 1999.

Israel and the Vatican established diplomatic ties in 1993.

“In the last four years a lot of ground has been covered, and after long, intensive and serious negotiations we have overcome most if not all the outstanding issues that have prevented signing of this agreement for so long,” Ayalon said.

He said the two sides were “on the verge of signing, subject to final approval by the government of Israel and the Holy See.”

Ayalon explained that the final agreement was not signed on Tuesday, because it was not appropriate for a caretaker government to sign the agreement, and that the actual acceptance and signing should be left to the next government.

“All the ground work is finished and I trust the new government will sign soon, which is nothing short of a milestone in the relationship,” he said.

Ayalon, who has led the negotiations with the Vatican for the past four years, but will be leaving his post next week, said the conclusion of the agreement signifies a “real upgrade in relations between Israel and the Holy See, and between the Jewish people and one billion Catholics around the world, to the benefit of both sides.

Ayalon and his counterpart from the Vatican, Ettore Balestrero, the under-secretary of the Holy See for the relations with states, issued a joint communiqué saying the joint commission that met on Tuesday “took notice that significant progress was made and looks forward to a speedy conclusion of the agreement.”

Jerusalem expects this agreement to improve relations not only with the Vatican, but also with other Catholic countries around the world for whom the Vatican’s position vis-a-vis Israel is important.

Over the years the discussions have centered around three main issues: the status of the Catholic Church in Israel; the issue of sovereignty over some 21 sites in the country, including the Cenacle – the site of the Last Supper on Mount Zion; and taxation and expropriation issues.

Ayalon said that agreements have been reached on each of the issues.

The most contentious was the issue of sovereignty over the Last Supper Room, with the Catholic Church demanding ownership, and Israel not willing to relinquish it. The two sides have essentially agreed to disagree on the matter, but not let it stand in the way of the overall accord.

While the Catholic Church does not pay taxes on its properties in Israel, under the agreement, religious institutions owned by the Holy See will be exempted from tax, just as synagogues and mosques are, but church-owned businesses will not.

The agreement also works out the issue of expropriating Church property for infrastructure purposes, with a list of five sites – including the Mount of Beatitudes and Capernaum near Lake Kinneret (the Sea of Galilee) and the Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth – where land expropriation would not be allowed except for public safety in situations of emergency, and then only after coordination with the Church.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 04:35:58 am »

Deputy Foreign Minister Ayalon: J'lem is on verge of signing agreement to formalize diplomatic relations with the Holy See.

boo boo dont do it! Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 06:55:10 am »

I might be wrong with this, and it very well might be the Vatican (I can't be dogmatic), but compare Revelation 17 and 18 to Ezekiel 16:

"But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was. And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so. Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit ****dom with them, And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them. My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord GOD. Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy ****doms a small matter, That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them? And in all thine abominations and thy ****doms thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood. And it came to pass after all thy wickedness, (woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord GOD;) That thou hast also built unto thee an eminent place, and hast made thee an high place in every street. Thou hast built thy high place at every head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feet to every one that passed by, and multiplied thy ****doms. Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy ****doms, to provoke me to anger. Behold, therefore I have stretched out my hand over thee, and have diminished thine ordinary food, and delivered thee unto the will of them that hate thee, the daughters of the Philistines, which are ashamed of thy lewd way. Thou hast played the **** also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied. Thou hast moreover multiplied thy fornication in the land of Canaan unto Chaldea; and yet thou wast not satisfied herewith. How weak is thine heart, saith the Lord GOD, seeing thou doest all these things, the work of an imperious whorish woman; In that thou buildest thine eminent place in the head of every way, and makest thine high place in every street; and hast not been as an harlot, in that thou scornest hire; But as a wife that committeth adultery, which taketh strangers instead of her husband! They give gifts to all ****s: but thou givest thy gifts to all thy lovers, and hirest them, that they may come unto thee on every side for thy ****dom." (Ezekiel 16:15-33)

"Wherefore, O harlot, hear the word of the LORD: Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thy filthiness was poured out, and thy nakedness discovered through thy ****doms with thy lovers, and with all the idols of thy abominations, and by the blood of thy children, which thou didst give unto them; Behold, therefore I will gather all thy lovers, with whom thou hast taken pleasure, and all them that thou hast loved, with all them that thou hast hated; I will even gather them round about against thee, and will discover thy nakedness unto them, that they may see all thy nakedness. And I will judge thee, as women that break wedlock and shed blood are judged; and I will give thee blood in fury and jealousy. And I will also give thee into their hand, and they shall throw down thine eminent place, and shall break down thy high places: they shall strip thee also of thy clothes, and shall take thy fair jewels, and leave thee naked and bare. They shall also bring up a company against thee, and they shall stone thee with stones, and thrust thee through with their swords. And they shall burn thine houses with fire, and execute judgments upon thee in the sight of many women: and I will cause thee to cease from playing the harlot, and thou also shalt give no hire any more." (Ezekiel 16:35-43)

"And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judæa flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled."

It seems to me like Babylon the Great is Israel. If it were the Vatican, why would the Antichrist and his New World Order turn on the Vatican, as in Revelation 17:16? What would be the motivation? The Vatican is gonna be in lock-step with him the entire way (and very well may be where the false prophet comes from).

And as someone else mentioned, they use the phrase "great city" to describe the woman (which is where our Lord was crucified), and she is responsible for the shedding of the blood of prophets and saints. Who killed Jesus? Who killed the prophets? Who killed Stephen, and persecuted and killed many other New Testament saints? Israel/Jerusalem.

A possible sequence of events would be that Israel goes to bed with the Antichrist and his world system (while accepting him as their [false] messiah), then halfway through the Antichrist and his world system turns on them and wholesale kills them and breaks apart Jerusalem (Two-thirds of the Jews are wiped out in the process, leaving only the one-third that get saved)

Again, I might be way off base here, and it may very well be the Vatican, but Ezekiel 16 and Luke 21 seem to be talking about the same thing, and both line up pretty well with Revelation 17 and 18.

Your thoughts?

Well, as I said, "looks like". I'm not convinced just yet. Like you point out, there are verses that do seem to be talking about Israel. No question that Israel has went "wh0ring", doing things God said not to, as described time and again in the Old Testament.

Vatican? Israel? Really doesn't matter in the end. When it's time to know, God will show us.
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 07:08:53 pm »

"But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was. And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so. Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit ****dom with them, And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them. My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord GOD. Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy ****doms a small matter, That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them? And in all thine abominations and thy ****doms thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood. And it came to pass after all thy wickedness, (woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord GOD;) That thou hast also built unto thee an eminent place, and hast made thee an high place in every street. Thou hast built thy high place at every head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feet to every one that passed by, and multiplied thy ****doms. Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy ****doms, to provoke me to anger. Behold, therefore I have stretched out my hand over thee, and have diminished thine ordinary food, and delivered thee unto the will of them that hate thee, the daughters of the Philistines, which are ashamed of thy lewd way. Thou hast played the **** also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied. Thou hast moreover multiplied thy fornication in the land of Canaan unto Chaldea; and yet thou wast not satisfied herewith. How weak is thine heart, saith the Lord GOD, seeing thou doest all these things, the work of an imperious whorish woman; In that thou buildest thine eminent place in the head of every way, and makest thine high place in every street; and hast not been as an harlot, in that thou scornest hire; But as a wife that committeth adultery, which taketh strangers instead of her husband! They give gifts to all ****s: but thou givest thy gifts to all thy lovers, and hirest them, that they may come unto thee on every side for thy ****dom." (Ezekiel 16:15-33)

"Wherefore, O harlot, hear the word of the LORD: Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thy filthiness was poured out, and thy nakedness discovered through thy ****doms with thy lovers, and with all the idols of thy abominations, and by the blood of thy children, which thou didst give unto them; Behold, therefore I will gather all thy lovers, with whom thou hast taken pleasure, and all them that thou hast loved, with all them that thou hast hated; I will even gather them round about against thee, and will discover thy nakedness unto them, that they may see all thy nakedness. And I will judge thee, as women that break wedlock and shed blood are judged; and I will give thee blood in fury and jealousy. And I will also give thee into their hand, and they shall throw down thine eminent place, and shall break down thy high places: they shall strip thee also of thy clothes, and shall take thy fair jewels, and leave thee naked and bare. They shall also bring up a company against thee, and they shall stone thee with stones, and thrust thee through with their swords. And they shall burn thine houses with fire, and execute judgments upon thee in the sight of many women: and I will cause thee to cease from playing the harlot, and thou also shalt give no hire any more." (Ezekiel 16:35-43)

Your thoughts?

Just to add to this:

2 Samuel 1:24 Ye daughters of Israel, weep over Saul, who clothed you in scarlet, with other delights, who put on ornaments of gold upon your apparel.
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
RickStudy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2015, 06:39:19 am »

The city of Rome is surrounded by 7 hills. The key word is hill not mountain. Rome does not fulfill Revelation 17 for this simple fact alone.  Vatican Hill sits across the Tiber river and does not even sit among the 7 hills of Rome. The woman seen in Revelation 17 is a nation not a religeon.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 12:02:42 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 10:30:12 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: