End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:44:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

If you think MSM journalism isn't rigged... FAKE NEWS is the MSM!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you think MSM journalism isn't rigged... FAKE NEWS is the MSM!  (Read 10878 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2012, 10:46:02 pm »

This 2 minute "interview" just says it all...apparently, it looked like the whole thing was staged to begin with, until someone messed up their part in the script(or someone wasn't happy with how things were going)...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/fox-friends-max-rice-obama-punked-video-162809206.html

9/17/12

‘Fox & Friends’ punked by Obama supporter (VIDEO)

Video:

An aspiring comedian pretending to be a former supporter for President Barack Obama appeared on "Fox & Friends" morning show via satellite on Monday during a segment that suggested the staggering unemployment rate for those aged 18-24 may cost Obama the youth vote in November.

"Fox & Friends" co-host Gretchen Carlson introduced Max Rice, the comedian, as a "recent college grad who voted for President Obama" and who "just moved out of his parents' home."

Rice interrupted Carlson's introduction, saying "S'up," and then told her, "Miss USA, it's an honor." After Carlson, a former Miss America winner, corrected Rice, he said, "Miss Universe in my book." Things quickly got worse from there.

"I was a huge Obama supporter in 2008," Rice said. "I met him in third grade. I met him when I was little."

When asked why he is now supporting Mitt Romney, Rice claimed he lost a bet to a friend in a pickup basketball game.

"Are you being serious about this interview or not?" Carlson asked.

"Yeah," Rice said. "I can't see your face right now. This is so weird."

Fox News said it is investigating the incident. "We are still examining the situation, but it will be addressed with the appropriate parties involved," Bill Shine, Fox News' executive vice president of programming, said in a statement.

"They were just casting a part in a show," Rice told the progressive website RawStory.com. "The first thing that shocked me is that they were that desperate to find someone that fit that category. What they were seeking is someone who voted for Obama in 2008, then somewhere in the last four years got disenfranchised and now is a huge Romney supporter. But I feel like anyone who fits that mold would also dis Romney at the same time. So, they just couldn't find anyone. They're in New York City, so they had to go find a kid in Chicago."

Earlier this year, "Fox & Friends" aired a nearly-four-minute video about President Obama's first term, drawing the ire of critics who say it looked, felt and sounded like a political attack ad.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," Carlson said while introducing the piece.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 06:02:41 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 03:02:33 am »

Nah, FOX News biased? They wouldn't do that would they? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:27:17 pm »

Here's the whole story...apparently, the whole thing was a prank, NOT by FOX News, but by the INTERVIEWEE guy himself.

FOX was looking for a young recent college grad that's fed up with Obama, and they ended up choosing this guy after interviewing several candidates for this tv spot. However...this guy is NOT a recent college grad, why? B/c he graduated from high school in 2010! Which means AT BEST, he would be a JUNIOR in college! Cheesy On top of that, he's not even in college anymore!

And he said he met Obama when he was in the 3rd grade? Wouldn't that be around 2000, meaning Obama wasn't yet on the national spotlight? Cheesy

This Max Rice guy is NOTHING MORE than a COMEDIAN who's done nothing more than put up routines on YOUTUBE!

Wow...the GOP-runned media is doing everything they can to hand the election to Obama!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-friends-prank-max-rice-comedian-371049

Excerpt:

Rice described producers as “desperate” in their search for a young voter with a change of heart, admitting that he wanted to make the "fake news organization" look "stupid" for seeking interview subjects as if they were “casting a part in a show.”

“What they were seeking is someone who voted for Obama in 2008, then somewhere in the last four years got disenfranchised and now is a huge Romney supporter. But I feel like anyone who fits that mold would also dis Romney at the same time. So, they just couldn’t find anyone. They’re in New York City, so they had to go find a kid in Chicago.”

With no Hollywood credits to his name, the former University of Texas student appears to be active on YouTube. Among his uploads is a high school graduation speech (circa 2010) and a clip of his raunchy stand up routine.

“They had 10 days to ask for my driver’s license,” Rice said of the show’s producers. “They saw my [high school] commencement speech video, but they’re too stupid to realize that if I graduated in 2010, I wouldn’t graduate college until 2014. That’s why I was so awkward in the interview. I wasn’t going to lie.”
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:29:12 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 03:57:18 am »

I think all the media is in cahoots to keep control of the population. When all of this embassy mess happened, Bill O'Reily said the exact same thing as Anderson Cooper, some parts were word for word, and all of it was crap.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:58:20 pm »

Oh, Conan OBrian did a bit on that very thing. They showed  anchor after anchor, 19, saying the exact same thing in their news casts. One after another had the exact same comment, word for word. It clearly shows it was all scripted, and not locally written news material.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:59:57 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 09:38:57 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 05:57:43 am »

Unbelievable. Every single anchor saying the exact same thing? And people are just laughing at it like it's some big coincidence or something...
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 01:16:27 pm »

While I don't think the local news media is (nearly)as bad as the national MSM(the latter which are controlled by the likes of GE/Rockefeller, Murdoch, Disney, etc), they too are infiltrated, controlled, corrupted, compromised, etc.(at least IMHO)

Through years of watching local news media channels, I've seen even those local news media "journalists" flash that masonic compass/square symbol with their hands.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 01:39:47 pm »

Sharyl Attkisson: When I'd Begin Getting Under Surface of an Obama Scandal, CBS Would Pull Me Off

"There is unprecedented, I believe, influence on the media, not just the news, but the images you see everywhere. By well-orchestrated and financed campaign of special interests, political interests and corporations. I think all of that comes into play."

One month ago. long-time investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson left CBS amid rumors that she had grown frustrated with the network stifling her investigations. Thursday night on Bill O' Reilly's Fox News program she confirmed those rumors. "There is unprecedented, I believe, influence on the media, not just the news, but the images you see everywhere. By well-orchestrated and financed campaign of special interests, political interests and corporations. I think all of that comes into play."

After introducing his guest, O'Reilly asked Attkisson about her investigation into the Fast and Furious gun-running scandal.

The former CBS reporter asserted that she began to make inroads into the story but had to drop it:

Attkisson: I found out that we had to quit pursuing the story more or less due to lack of interest well before we found answers to a lot of questions. Including what about all the other cases besides the one you know as Fast and Furious that were also using similar strategies to transfer weapons down to Mexico. And how did this, if at all, play into a strategy the United States may be using to draw support or give support towards one of the cartels in Mexico against one of the others much like they had done in Columbia and other places.

O'Reilly: Playing one off against the other. You said something interesting that you had to abandon the story for lack of interest. Can you clarify that?

Attkisson: It just came to be that, I don't think on the viewers' part, but on the people that decide what stories go into the broadcast and what there is room for, they felt fairly early on that this story was over when I felt as though we had barely begun to scratch the surface. They didn't ask me what was left to report. They decided on their own the story was done.

O' Reilly moved to her investigation into Benghazi.

Attkisson: Benghazi I was assigned to look into about three weeks after the attacks happened by management, and pursued that aggressively, and as I felt we were beginning to scratch beneath the surface on that scandal as well which I think had many legitimate questions yet to be asked and answered. Interest was largely lost in that story as well on the part of the people that are responsible for deciding what goes on the news.

O'Reilly: So did they tell you, look, we don't want you to spend any more time on this? Was it that direct?

Attkisson: No. It's more as though there is no time in the broadcast. They really, really liked the story but you start to hear from, you know, other routes that "why don't you just leave it alone," "you know, you are kind of a troublemaker because you are still pursuing it." It kind of goes from hot to cold in one day, sometimes. Where they are asking you to pursue something heavily and then it's almost as if a light switch goes off and look at you all of the sudden, "Why are you bringing this story?"

O'Reilly: Is it possible because CBS News is third in the ratings that they are just doing stories that they think are going to get them audiences? Is that possible?

Attkisson: I suppose there could be differences of opinion as to what the audience wants to see. But I think there are larger things at play in the industry. Broadly there are overarching concerns about, I would say just fear over original investigative reporting. There is unprecedented, I believe, influence on the media, not just the news, but the images you see everywhere. By well- orchestrated and financed campaign of special interests, political interests and corporations. I think all of that comes into play.

Attkisson's last big investigation at CBS was Obamacare:

Attkisson: I was asked by CBS to look into Obamacare and it had a similar trajectory whereby we broke some interesting stories that I felt we were uncovering some good information and making headway, but we and I feel like a lot of the media after several weeks of this kind of fell off the radar on the story to a large degree on the critical looks that we were taking, security issues, the lack of transparency, the lack of providing figures and information, that I think belonged in the public domain, belonged to us, that were being withheld, while being provided in some cases to corporate partners of the government being withheld from us, though.

…Just before Christmas came word that the top security official, the computer person who still works there at HHS, had refused to sign off and recommended, in fact, that this web site not go live because of all the security issues. That was not considered a big enough story, I suppose, is the way to put it by those who decide what goes on the air. I thought it was hugely important, because this is an insider, someone who works in the Obama administration who had made this assessment. If you look at having had something like that occur with a private corporation that proceeded to go online with all of these alleged security risks, I think the government would be very upset by that if the tables were turned. Here it was the United States government doing it.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/sharyl-attkisson-when-id-begin-getting-under-surface-obama-scandal-cbs-would-pull-me
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 03:08:05 am »

She's not saying anything that we don't already know to be true. It's good to hear a confirmation from a well-known media reporter.

Media corps don't dictate news stories any more. Haven't for a long time now. Washington says what significant issues get reported on, and she apparently has finally realized it first hand.

If it weren't the case, then why would the "Fast and Furious" case be dropped from the media coverage? But that is exactly what has happened, as I expected it would. They fire a couple low level people, and on to the next story.

She now knows that news isn't reported to tell what's happening, stories are told in order to sway the public's perceptions of government. That is a fact.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 12:18:52 am »

http://www.policymic.com/articles/44423/10-professions-that-attract-the-most-sociopaths
10 Professions That Attract the Most Sociopaths
5/26/13

Our notions of good and evil are as malleable and evolving as the society around us. Whereas once we used to burn opinionated women as witches, or assume seizures were a sure sign of demonic possessions — we now rely on scientific inquiry and skepticism to define the world around us. This has led to a wide array of psychological categories, groups and behaviors through which we self-identify: Introvert, type A, depressed, delusional, egotistical or sociopath!

There are still ongoing disputes in field of psychiatry, and the inner workings of the mind remain a great scientific mystery yet to be fully explored. However, when it comes to sociopathy, we seem to have a somewhat functioning definition: a lack of empathy, emotions, or ability to identify with others coupled with a superficial charm, persuasiveness, focus, and egomania.

It might surprise some to learn, however, that the vast majority of sociopaths aren't killers lurking in the shadows. Most of them are walking around among us, immersed in careers that nurture their psychological traits, and in some cases even reward them.

Here are the top ten jobs that attract sociopaths, according to author Kevin Dutton:

1. CEO

With the heartless greed and sadistic ambition displayed on Wall street since the 2008 financial collapse, it may come as no surprise that the first place on the list goes to the modern-age equivalent of a pharaoh. Capitalist positions of leadership offer power, autonomy, command, and status — a perfect battlefield for the ambitious and ruthless to compete. Where once pyramids littered the dessert in tribute to vain kings, we now have skyscrapers and corporate logos filling the clouds above.

2. Lawyer

Lawyers cloak themselves in the language of their field, making the laymen reliant on their expertise to survive in a courtroom. In the fog of legalese linguistics and glibly twisted logic, you better pray your lawyer is the most bloodthirsty of the two. There's a reason Shakespeare hated them so much, and why they continue to be the butt of so many jokes. Lawyers have a reputation for distorting the systems of equality, specifically for the purposes of ensuring their financial success. For every white knight district attorney looking to uphold the pillars of justice, you are sure to find a handful of bleak-hearted cynics and cutthroats.

3. Media

If our collective society is a living organism, where better for the egomaniac to reside than on the radio or TV? To be the voice of the people, the face of their information and entertainment, and to influence our collective minds. Of course, once your self-worth becomes invariably tied to your ratings and popularity, you're in for an eventual downfall of depression and despair

4. Salesperson

In a numbers game, there's no room for emotion. Who has the greatest mental prowess? Manipulative charm? Who can wield the finest array of half-truths to convince a customer and close a sale? For those who like to compete for status and feed an ego through the defeat of colleagues, there is no better place to be than sales.

5. Surgeon

The field of surgery offers more than the power of life and death. It's a clinical world of high-pressure stakes, where decisions must be made without emotion. What job nurtures a bigger power complex, than one where you can cut people open on a daily basis, tinker with their frail internal mechanics, and aggrandize your status as a giver or taker of life?

6. Journalist

Much in the same way that media attracts the egomaniac, journalism (and writing in general) can draw those who wish to be revered from a distance. The ability to embed ideas and conversations in paper, and have them be absorbed en masse by readers, has only grown with the proliferation of the Internet. Now everyone with a phone, ipad, laptop or Google glasses can connect to an instantaneous world of information that stretches across the planet in seconds. The champions of that information are the self-appointed revealers of "truth" – constantly seeking to influence others through their articulation and mental prowess

7. Policeman

The power of life and death on your hip, a badge of authority on your chest, a uniform of distinction, and a really loud siren! Everyone’s familiar with the stereotype of a bad cop — those officers who readily abuse their power, resent the people they are meant to protect, and use cold-hearted superiority to justify their viciousness. It's an unfortunate reality that some of the biggest criminals lurk among those who've sworn to uphold the law.

8. Clergyman

What better way to fulfill your God complex than become one his messengers? If you embody and speak for the higher forces of the universe, people’s admiration and congregation around you will constantly stroke the darkest portions of your vanity — at least until they catch you abusing children. It's no wonder religions have veered away from monastic humility towards gaudy temples of lavish gold and marble.

9. Chef

There are few things we do on a daily basis that are more intimate than eating food. The sustenance we put in our body can heal us, warm us, increase our pleasure and decrease our stress. It can also poison us, infect us or outright kill us. The seduction and love of food is very powerful — and controlling it, corrupting it, or being worshipped for creating it can greatly appeal to the egomaniac.

10. Civil Servant

Whether you're a minor-level bureaucrat suffocating the masses in red tape protocol, a hair-piece smiling robot claiming to embody the American dream, or a hypocrite ranting about moral platitudes while keeping your gay sex slave locked in your closet — there’s always plenty of room for sociopaths in the political arena.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 05:57:08 am »

Is The Mainstream Media Dying?

Ratings at CNN, MSNBC and Fox News have all been plummeting in recent years, and newspaper ad revenues are about a third of what they were back in the year 2000.  So is the mainstream media dying?  Despite what you may have heard, the mainstream media is certainly not completely dead just yet.  The average American watches approximately 153 hours of television a month, and as I pointed out in a previous article, about 90 percent of the "information" that is endlessly pumped into our heads through our televisions is controlled by just six gigantic media corporations.  However, there are a whole host of signs that things are changing - especially when it comes to news.  More Americans than ever are losing faith in the establishment-controlled media and are seeking out alternative sources of information.  Is this a trend that the big media companies are going to be able to reverse at some point?

For years, the "news business" has been dominated by CNN, Fox News and MSNBC.  But now all three channels are rapidly losing viewers.  According to a recently released Pew Research study, the number of prime time viewers for all three networks combined fell by 11 percent last year...

In 2013, the cable news audience, by nearly all measures, declined. The combined median prime-time viewership of the three major news channels—CNN, Fox News and MSNBC—dropped 11% to about 3 million, the smallest it has been since 2007. The Nielsen Media Research data show that the biggest decline came at MSNBC, which lost nearly a quarter (24%) of its prime-time audience. CNN, under new management, ended its fourth year in third place, with a 13% decline in prime time. Fox, while down 6%, still drew more viewers (1.75 million) than its two competitors combined (619,500 at MSNBC and 543,000 at CNN).

And the decline is far more dramatic when you look at just the key 25 to 54-year-old demographic.

From November 2012 to November 2013, CNN's ratings for that demographic dropped by a staggering 59 percent, and MSNBC's ratings for that demographic dropped by a staggering 52 percent.

Is this a sign that Americans are finally getting fed up with the endless propaganda being spewed by those establishment mouthpieces?

A recent survey conducted by a liberal polling firm would indeed seem to indicate that this is the case.  That survey found that only 6 percent of Americans consider MSNBC to be their most trusted source for news...

NBC News and sister cable network MSNBC rank at the bottom of media outlets Americans trust most for news, with Fox News leading the way, according to a new poll from the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling.

In its fifth trust poll, 35 percent said they trusted Fox news more than any other outlet, followed by PBS at 14 percent, ABC at 11 percent, CNN at 10 percent, CBS at 9 percent, 6 percent for MSNBC and Comedy Central, and just 3 percent for NBC.

And of course it is not just the big mainstream news networks that are in decline.

A recently released Pew Research study discovered that the decline of America's newspapers continued in 2013 as well...

The Newspaper Association of America has stopped compiling quarterly reports on advertising revenue. According to its annual numbers, which were released in April 2014, overall revenue for newspapers in 2013 was $37.6 billion, a decrease of 2.6% from 2012. Within that total, combined print and digital ad revenue decreased by 7%—to $20.7 billion.

Seven percent may not sound like much, but you have to realize that these declines have been happening year after year.  When you look back over a longer time frame, it really puts the massive decline that we have witnessed in advertising revenues in perspective...

It took a half century for annual newspaper print ad revenue to gradually increase from $20 billion in 1950 (adjusted for inflation in 2013 dollars) to $65.8 billion in 2000, and then it took only 12 years to go from $65.8 billion in ad revenues back to less than $20 billion in 2012, before falling further to $17.3 billion last year.

Even when revenues from digital advertising and other categories described by the NAA as “niche publications, direct marketing and non-daily publication advertising” are added to print ad revenue (see red line in chart), the combined total revenues for print, digital and other advertising last year was still only $23.56 billion in 2013 dollars, which was the lowest amount of annual ad revenue since 1954, when $23.3 billion was spent on print advertising alone.

Yes, you read those numbers correctly.  As you can see from this chart, newspaper ad revenues are now about a third of what they were back in the year 2000.

That is not just a "shift" - that is a massive tsunami.

Needless to say, the big newspapers are quite distressed by all of this.

For example, "the Grey Lady" herself is essentially in a state of panic at this point.  Just recently, a 96 page internal New York Times report was obtained by BuzzFeed that basically skewers the company's current strategy when it comes to the Internet...

A 96-page internal New York Times report, sent to top executives last month by a committee led by the publisher’s son and obtained by BuzzFeed, paints a dark picture of a newsroom struggling more dramatically than is immediately visible to adjust to the digital world, a newsroom that is hampered primarily by its own storied culture.

But they still don't understand the true cause of their decline.

It isn't the fact that they haven't adapted to the Internet very well that is the primary reason for their decline.

Rather, it is the fact that the American people are losing faith in the New York Times and other similar establishment mouthpieces.

News magazines are also experiencing a dramatic multi-year decline.  Ad revenues are way down across the entire industry, and any publication that can keep their yearly losses to the single digits is applauded for it...

For a third year in a row, news magazines faced a difficult print advertising environment. Combined ad pages (considered a better measure than ad revenue) for the five magazines studied in this report were down 13% in 2013, following a decline of 12.5% in 2012, and about three times the rate of decline in 2011, according to the Publishers Information Bureau. Again, hardest hit was The Week, which suffered a 20% drop in ad pages. The Atlantic fell 17%, The Economist 16%, and Time about 11%, while The New Yorker managed to keep its ad pages losses in single digits (7%).

Mainstream media executives appear to be optimistic that they can reverse these declines at some point, but they simply don't realize that there has been a fundamental paradigm shift when it comes to the news media in the United States.

The general population has lost a tremendous amount of faith in the mainstream media.  They are increasingly becoming aware that it is deeply controlled by the establishment.

At this point, the charade is so out in the open that even reporters are talking about it.  For example, former CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson says that the "influence on the media" by political and corporate interests is "unprecedented"...

"There is unprecedented, I believe, influence on the media, not just the news, but the images you see everywhere. By well-orchestrated and financed campaign of special interests, political interests and corporations. I think all of that comes into play."

Wow.

Remember, this is not just some outsider that is saying these things.  Attkisson worked in the industry for more than 30 years.

And the American people know that they are getting very little truth from the establishment media these days.  A recent Gallup survey found that only 23 percent of Americans have a great deal of confidence in the mainstream media at this point.  Increasingly, Americans are turning to other sources for news and information.

This is fueling an unprecedented alternative news boom, and more Americans than ever are relying on the Internet as their main source of news.  If you doubt this, just check out this chart.

30 years ago, you would have never been able to read this article.  It never would have gotten past the gatekeepers that had almost total control over what Americans read, watched and listened to.

But now things have changed.  The Internet has allowed ordinary Americans to communicate with each other on a scale that has never been possible before.  As we share information with each other, we are increasingly becoming aware that we don't need the mainstream media to define what reality is for us after all.

If the mainstream media really wants to keep from dying, they should at least try to start telling us the truth.

Unfortunately, that simply is not going to happen.  The political and corporate interests that control the big media corporations have way too much to lose.

So we will have to continue to learn to think for ourselves and to share news and information with each other over the Internet.

In the end, we will all be much better off being unplugged from "the matrix" anyway.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/is-the-mainstream-media-dying
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 12:00:35 pm »

The general population has lost a tremendous amount of faith in the mainstream media.  They are increasingly becoming aware that it is deeply controlled by the establishment.

And alot of these "alternative media" outlets like Alex Jones and Jeff Rense aren't any better - sure, they'll expose the NWO et al, but nonetheless they'll ONLY DO SO MUCH, and revert back to the MSM "talking points"...slyly getting everyone back under that fake left/right paradigm(ie-pushing Ron Paul, making everyone focus largely on Obama "the dictator", etc).

If the mainstream media really wants to keep from dying, they should at least try to start telling us the truth.

Unfortunately, that simply is not going to happen.  The political and corporate interests that control the big media corporations have way too much to lose.

Exactly! You would have thought both the Apostate Church and the "truth" movement would have learned their lessons from years past going into the 2012 election - NOT SO! They continued to get on the "lesser of 2 evils" bandwagon, thinking "as long as we can expose and vote out Obama, this country will be in good shape".

Forget about that fact that Obamacare was modeled after Romneycare(and taxpayer abortions were in the latter, and not the former). And forget about the fact that Romney was Obama-light.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 12:57:26 pm »

It's not just the MSM news - pretty much everything you see on television is scripted. Here's another example - Brett Favre broke his ankle in the 2nd half of that 2009 NFC Championship game against the New Orleans Saints. But somehow he had no problems missing another play, and showed ALMOST NO pain.

20 second mark - Favre WALKS onto the field after game is over!

Played on a broken ankle while showing no pain? Seriously? Roll Eyes But nonetheless, these tv networks have done one big job in fooling the masses with their scripted propaganda. And for that matter too - NOONE has even close to "superman" abilities like this!

Philippians 3:3  For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Revelation 12:9  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 05:25:09 am »

CBS president confronted over sibling in White House

A public policy organization recently attended the annual shareholders meeting of the CBS Corporation to confront its coverage of the Benghazi scandal.

As the Heritage Foundation reported this month, CBS News President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, the White House deputy national security adviser who drafted the newly released document about Benghazi just days after the Sept. 11, 2012, attack that killed four Americans.

Danhof, Justin (Nat'l Ctr for Public Policy Research)Responding to a question from Justin Danhof of the National Center for Public Policy Research at the network's meeting, CBS President and CEO Les Moonves claimed that it is "inaccurate" to call a circumstance in which a sibling is reporting on a sibling a conflict of interest.

Even if the president of CBS News had nothing to do with news coverage of Benghazi, says Danhof, the people that work for him did.

"And do you want to be the one attacking your boss's brother on the news?  Of course not. It would be career suicide," he tells OneNewsNow. 

Danhof says the network needs better structures in place to ensure the people reporting on stories about Benghazi have the resources they need and don't fear losing their jobs because they are investigating the sibling brothers.

CBS logo"They don't think this is a conflict of interest," said Danhof. "Right now, if I am the public, I have no trust in CBS."

The National Center for Public Policy Research participated in the shareholder meetings of five other media companies so far this year, including Disney (ABC News), the New York Times, Gannett, Graham Holdings (Post-Newsweek Stations/Slate) and Comcast (NBC/MSNBC).

Click here to read Danhof's prepared statement to Rhodes.

- See more at: http://www.onenewsnow.com/media/2014/05/28/cbs-president-confronted-over-sibling-in-white-house#.U4cKriihFyI
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 11:40:19 pm »

Yet another reason why the MSM is a big joke nowdays - where you rarely ever hear anything noteworthy anymore...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/heat-spurs-draw-90-rating-for-game-1/2014/06/06/6c969fa8-edc3-11e3-8a8a-e17c08f80871_story.html
Heat-Spurs draw 9.0 rating for Game 1
6/6/14

NEW YORK — The San Antonio Spurs’ victory over the Miami Heat in Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night drew an average television audience of 14,846,000 viewers and a 9.0 national rating, Nielsen said Friday.

The average viewership on ABC was up 4 percent from 14,241,000 for last year’s opening game between the teams and the rating was up 2 percent from an 8.8. The 9.0 rating matched the second-highest NBA Finals opener since 2004.

Nielsen Social said the game was the most-tweeted NBA game of the year with more than 3.2 million tweets. The game also was most-talked about television program of the day, accounting for 76 percent of all TV conversation on Twitter.

Game 2 is Sunday night.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:45 pm »

FYI, the MSM "talking heads" are using Robin Williams' suicide to push this "mental health" agenda(supposedly Williams had that "chemical imbalance" depression). And from there they were able to squeeze in socialized medicine(ie-Obamacare) and gun control!(when they talked about "mentally ill" people doing shootings at schools and public places)

Remember they did the same thing when Rick Warren's son (supposedly)committed suicide last year.

I guess by their logic, Apostle Paul had "depression" too...

Romans 7:7  What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8  But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9  For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10  And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11  For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12  Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13  Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

And Peter...

1Peter 1:6  Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1Pe 1:7  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1Pe 1:8  Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1Pe 1:9  Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 12:02:32 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/robin-williams-death-media-coverage-225459533.html
Media coverage of Robin Williams' death scrutinized
8/13/14

The death of Robin Williams from an apparent suicide has unsurprisingly dominated the news cycle this week. It has also unsurprisingly led to plenty of questionable media coverage.

One glaring example was seen on Wednesday, when the Daily News published a blunt cover outlining what the Marin County Coroner's Office said were circumstances surrounding Williams' death.

The tabloid's choice for a headline? "HANGED."

The controversial front page came a day after a cheery memo detailing the Daily News' online strategy for optimizing its Robin Williams' death stories began circulating online. (Daily News Web editors were instructed to begin stories "with his full name and include buzzy search words like *death, dead, suicide, etc.")

On its website, New York's Village Voice published a response to the Daily News' cover with considerably less jarring cover lines.

"We took the liberty of re-editing the Daily News' shameful Robin Williams cover," the Village Voice's Alan Scherstuhl wrote. "Here's what [it] should have looked like."

The Daily News, of course, wasn't alone in exhibiting a lack of taste.

Radio host Rush Limbaugh came under fire for comments on his radio show Tuesday in which he connected Williams' death to liberalism.

"They're always angry about something," Limbaugh said. "No matter what they get, they're always angry."

Williams "had it all but he had nothing. Made everybody else laugh but was miserable inside," Limbaugh continued. "I mean, it fits a certain picture or a certain image that the left has. Talk about low expectations and general unhappiness and so forth."

Limbaugh cited a Fox News report that the 63-year-old had grappled with "survivor's guilt" by outliving friends Christopher Reeve, John Belushi and Andy Kaufman.

"He could never get over the guilt that they died and he didn't," Limbaugh said. "Well, that is a constant measurement that is made by political leftists when judging the country."

On Wednesday, Lewis Black, the rant-prone comedian, fired back on Facebook:

**** YOU Rush Limbaugh. Your statements were beyond cruel and stupid. They were intolerable. Enough is enough from you. You are an idiot. Don’t you ever demean the death of another human being. He was my friend. You disgust me.

On Tuesday, ABC News apologized for streaming live aerial footage of Williams' Tiburon, Calif., home after the comedian's family had explicitly asked the public to respect its privacy.

"When we realized there was no news value to the live stream, we took it down immediately," ABC said in a statement. "Our intention was not to be insensitive to his family, friends and fans, and for that we apologize."

'Seize' the death?

Questionable decisions made in the wake of Williams' death were not limited to the news media.

Edelman, the world's largest public relations firm, published a blog post Tuesday — entitled "Carpe Diem" — outlining a strategy for mental health professionals to use Williams' death as an opportunity to generate publicity.

"As we mourn the loss of Robin Williams to depression, we must recognize it as an opportunity to engage in a national conversation," Lisa Kovitz, an executive vice president and media relations expert in Edelman’s New York office, wrote. "His death yesterday created a carpe diem moment for mental health professionals and those people who have suffered with depression and want to make a point about the condition and the system that treats it. There’s a very careful line they need to walk so as to not seem exploitive of a terrible situation but at the same time, it is a national teachable moment that shouldn’t be ignored."

Kovitz suggested organizations with mental health experts be more aggressive in their Williams-related pitches:

Some mental health organizations still have nothing on their websites or Twitter feeds regarding the situation and the need to seek out help. Perhaps they were trying to be non-exploitive or stay business as usual. While that approach may be the best for them, this event calls that strategy in to question. Since the issue of depression is clearly a continuing conversation, we would certainly want these organizations to consider another approach that is more visible and aggressive.

"Actually, no Edelman," one commenter, Erin Blaskie, wrote. "Robin Williams' death does NOT translate into an opportunity for your firm or for the clients you're directing to 'join the conversation.' ... Using someone's death as an opportunity to position yourself as THE PR company to walk potential clients through the best way to benefit from this "conversation" is callous. Instructing potential clients to pay your firm money to help them take advantage of this situation is gross."

Kovitz, though, defended the post.

"This actually [began] as an internal memo," she later explained to Business Insider. "We do this quite regularly on all kinds of topics related to media relations on a wide variety of topics. We believed it was worth surfacing more broadly given how the news cycle was progressing. ... Many people are simply not prepared to act at the speed of news."

But there have been plenty of opportunities to dissect the response to Williams' apparent suicide, as even seemingly innocuous tributes have come under scrutiny.

Shortly after his death was reported, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences tweeted a still from Disney’s animated "Aladdin," in which Williams voiced the blue Genie.

“If it doesn’t cross the line, it comes very, very close to it,” Christine Moutier, chief medical officer at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, told the Washington Post of the image. “Suicide should never be presented as an option. That’s a formula for potential contagion.”
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 10:18:02 pm »

Surprise! The MSM(and not just the sports networks, that is) is running away with this story(ie-CNN has all but gone non-stop in talking about this). And Obama decided to "weigh in" on this.

Coincidence that out of the blue, this tape of Ray Rice beating his wife in an elevator comes out of nowhere(when what he did was reported and exposed months ago) - around the same time when ISIS, ebola, etc were gaining more MSM attention?(and now these latter news stories are on the backburner) And to boot it was some rag entertainment source(TMZ) that became the first to drop this "bombshell" video.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-ray-rice-video-real-man-doesnt-hit-015427553--nfl.html;_ylt=A0SO8ycJwQ9UwZQAuU1XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzNmJlNWduBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1NNRTI4OF8x
Obama on Ray Rice video: A 'real man' doesn't hit a woman

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Speaking out against domestic violence in the wake of a video showing former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee in an elevator, President Barack Obama said on Monday that "hitting a woman is not something a real man does."

“The President is the father of two daughters. And like any American, he believes that domestic violence is contemptible and unacceptable in a civilized society," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said in a statement.

"Hitting a woman is not something a real man does, and that’s true whether or not an act of violence happens in the public eye, or, far too often, behind closed doors," the White House statement added, saying that stopping domestic violence "is something that’s bigger than football."

The Ravens released Rice on Monday after the video, published on the website TMZ, showed him punching Janay Palmer, who is now his wife, and her falling face down on the elevator floor. Rice, 27, was also suspended indefinitely by the National Football League.

A previously released video showed Rice dragging an unconscious Palmer from the elevator at an Atlantic City, New Jersey, ****, earlier this year. Following its release, the NFL suspended Rice for two games and fined him $500,000, a punishment widely criticized as too lenient.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Yeah - this was ALREADY exposed MONTHS ago - and they wait until NOW to discipline him harshly(and subsequently flood this story on the MSM)?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:21:17 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 03:39:34 pm »

Not that I endorse ESPN, but nonetheless...

http://leomcneil.net/2014/09/18/espn-used-to-be-a-sports-network/
9/18/14
ESPN Used To Be A Sports Network

There was a time not too long ago where you could turn on ESPN or sports talk without being subjected to politics. Unfortunately sports programing has turned into an endless stream of political issues pushed almost exclusively by sports journalists. The NFL is their current target. Ray Rice beat up his then fiancee. Everyone has known that he punched her for over six months, the NFL responded with a 2 game suspension. Then a video of the attack came out. Suddenly the NFL suspended Rice indefinitely and ESPN has decided to have a “national conversation” about how we need to “reprogram” how boys are raised. A handful of football players engage in domestic violence and suddenly the political hacks at ESPN want to reprogram all boys.

It doesn’t stop there. Adrian Peterson apparently spanked his son with a switch. This is a relatively common occurrence, especially down south. Peterson is hardly the model parent, he has seven illegitimate children. Apparently he cares enough to discipline his kids. Nevertheless he’s been charged with child abuse in Texas. The Minnesota Vikings deactivated Peterson for last weeks game. The announced he would play this upcoming Sunday. That is until the ESPN echo chamber wouldn’t stop hammering the Vikings for their decision. By yesterday the Vikings had relented. ESPN celebrated their reversal, on one show declaring that the Vikings couldn’t play Peterson because of all the “noise” coming from the outside on this issue. All of the noise came from ESPN of course.

NFL fans don’t particularly care about what Adrian Peterson does with his kids. Vikings fans in particular don’t care. He hasn’t been accused of murder, unlike ESPN commentator Ray Lewis. Even in the case of Ray Rice, everyone agrees his conduct was outrageous. Nevertheless his fiancee forgave him and married him. The video didn’t change anything for most fans, it only confirmed what had previously been reported. Unfortunately for the last several weeks ESPN has been running these two stories in an endless loop. They’ve been preaching at fans about violence against women and children while endlessly warning the NFL of “appearances.” The message has been clear, ESPN is warning the NFL that they won’t stop with these stories until they’re catered to.

The problem here is two fold. First, fans don’t really care about these stories. People who turn on football commentary shows want to hear stories about games played last week or previews of this weeks games. Football fans don’t turn on ESPN for political or social commentary. Second, these journalists and commentators over at ESPN seem to think they’re Woodward and Bernstein. They talk incessantly about these social issues in their echo chamber and therefore they assume everyone agrees with them and/or cares about the topic. These guys fantasize about taking out Roger Goodell or some other important person in sports. They imagine they’re “educating” their viewers. In reality, they’re annoying their viewers and face losing them as a result.

People watch sports to escape politics and just about everything else in their lives. ESPN was created 35 years ago to foster that escape 24/7. Unfortunately in the last few years they have subjected viewers to an endless stream of politics. These days they’re talking down to viewers like we’re naughty boys who beat our wives and kids. The fact though is that fans aren’t all in on these stories. We don’t like what Ray Rice did but his actions hardly warrant the sort of gab onslaught ESPN has served up. The Peterson story is worse because it assumes that everyone is in agreement that spanking children is wrong. In reality, most parents spank. Worse, ESPN has created a one network echo chamber that makes it seem like the entire country is turning on the NFL and the Vikings unless Adrian Peterson is banned. The reality is the opposite, fans don’t particularly care about the subject matter and most would rather see him play. There’s going to come a point where fans stop watching commentary shows. One imagines that even at that point the leftists at ESPN won’t stop pushing politics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN, like ABC, is owned by Disney. Nuff said.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 08:59:37 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/washington-post-editor-ben-bradlee-dies-93-000838745--finance.html
Former Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee dies
Ben Bradlee, celebrated editor who guided The Washington Post during Watergate scandal, dies

10/21/14

WASHINGTON (AP) -- In a charmed life of newspapering, Ben Bradlee seemed always to be in just the right place.

The raspy-voiced, hard-charging editor who invigorated The Washington Post got an early break as a journalist thanks to his friendship with one president, John F. Kennedy, and became famous for his role in toppling another, Richard Nixon, in the Watergate scandal.

Bradlee died at home Tuesday of natural causes, the Post reported. He was 93.

Ever the newsman and ever one to challenge conventional wisdom, Bradlee imagined his own obituary years earlier and found something within it to quibble over.

"Bet me that when I die," he wrote in his 1995 memoir, "there will be something in my obit about how The Washington Post 'won' 18 Pulitzer prizes while Bradlee was editor." That, he said, would be bunk. The prizes are overrated and suspect, he wrote, and it's largely reporters, not newspapers or their editors, who deserve the credit.

Yet the Post's Pulitzer-winning coverage of the Watergate scandal is an inextricable part of Bradlee's legacy, and one measure of his success in transforming the Post from a sleepy hometown paper into a great national one.

As managing editor first and later as executive editor, Bradlee engineered the Post's reinvention, bringing in a cast of talented journalists and setting editorial standards that brought the paper new respect.

When Bradlee retired from the Post newsroom in 1991, then-publisher Donald Graham said: "Thank God the person making decisions in the last 26 years showed us how to do it with verve and with guts and with zest for the big story and for the little story."

With Watergate, Bradlee himself became a big part of a story that epitomized the glory days of newspapers — back before web sites, cable chatter and bloggers drove the talk of the day.

Actor Jason Robards turned Bradlee into a box-office hit with his Oscar-winning portrayal of the editor in the 1976 movie "All the President's Men," which recounted the unraveling of Watergate under the reporting of Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. Bradlee's marriage in 1978 to Post star reporter Sally Quinn (his third) added more glamour to his image.

He was one of the few to know the identity early on of the celebrated Watergate source dubbed Deep Throat, revealed publicly in 2005 to be FBI official W. Mark Felt.

"I think he did a great service to society," Bradlee said after Felt's role finally came out.

In enduring partnership with publisher Katharine Graham, Bradlee took a stand for press freedom in 1971 by going forward with publication of the Pentagon Papers, a secret study of the Vietnam War broken by The New York Times, against the advice of lawyers and the entreaties of top government officials. The ensuing legal battle went all the way to the Supreme Court, which upheld the right of newspapers to publish the leaked papers.

The Post's decision to publish helped pave the way for all of the smaller, difficult ones that collectively produced the newspaper's groundbreaking coverage of Watergate.

Bradlee "set the ground rules — pushing, pushing, pushing, not so subtly asking everyone to take one more step, relentlessly pursuing the story in the face of persistent accusations against us and a concerted campaign of intimidation," Katharine Graham recalled in her memoir.

In November 2013, at age 92, Bradlee stood in the White House East Room and received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Barack Obama, who saluted Bradlee for bringing an intensity and dedication to journalism that served as a reminder that "our freedom as a nation rests on our freedom of the press."

Quinn disclosed in September 2014 that her husband had suffered from Alzheimer's disease for several years. She described him as happy to be fussed over and content even in decline. "Ben has never been depressed a day in his life," Quinn said in a C-SPAN interview.

Impatient, gruff, profane, Bradlee was all that. But also exuberant, innovative, charismatic.

"Ideas flew out of Ben," wrote Katharine Graham, who died in 2001. "He was always asking important 'why' questions. ... Ben was tough enough and good enough so that for the most part I not only let him do what he thought was right, I largely agreed with him."

The low point in Bradlee's career involved a 1981 Pulitzer for the Post that was rescinded after the Post itself revealed that reporter Janet Cooke had invented her story of an 8-year-old heroin user. Bradlee, whose offer to resign over the debacle was rejected, said it was a cross he would bear forever. Critics faulted editors for failing to ask enough questions about the story and said the incident was in part a reflection of the competition and tension within Bradlee's newsroom.

Benjamin Crowninshield Bradlee was born Aug. 26, 1921, a Boston Brahmin reared in comfort but for family financial setbacks in the Depression and a six-month bout with polio at age 14.

He hurried through Harvard in three years to take his place on a Pacific destroyer during World War II. On his return in 1945, he helped start a daily newspaper in New Hampshire, but it folded 2½ years later for lack of advertising.

From there, Bradlee experienced a series of lucky breaks.

He landed his first job at the Post in 1948 when a rainstorm in Baltimore prompted him to skip a job interview there and stay on the train to Washington.

He happened to be riding a trolley car past Blair House in 1950 when Puerto Rican extremists opened fire on the presidential guest house while President Truman was staying there. Bradlee turned it into a page-one eyewitness story.

Restless at the Post, he left the paper in 1951 to become press attache at the U.S. Embassy in Paris. Two years later, he joined Newsweek's Paris bureau and spent four years as a European correspondent before returning to Washington to write politics.

He happened to buy a home in Georgetown in 1957, a few months before Sen. John F. Kennedy and his wife moved in across the street, the beginning of an intimate friendship and a proximity to power that burnished his credentials as a journalist and brought him rare insights into government.

"I was on a roll being in the right place at the right time, a luck that has stayed with me," Bradlee wrote in his best-selling memoir, "A Good Life: Newspapers and Other Adventures."

Long after his newspapering days were finished, even in his declining years, Bradlee would head over to the Post once a week to have lunch with "the guys" and "talk about the good old days in journalism," Quinn recounted.

Bradlee's access to Kennedy continued through JFK's presidency, bringing Bradlee scoops for Newsweek, and experiences that he ultimately turned into the 1975 book, "Conversations with JFK." The release brought Bradlee much attention and cost him a valued friend, Jacqueline Kennedy, who thought the book a violation of privacy and stopped speaking to Bradlee.

Bradlee had been in Newsweek's Washington bureau four years when he found the nerve in 1961 to telephone Post publisher Philip Graham to propose that The Washington Post Co. buy Newsweek.

"It was the best telephone call I ever made — the luckiest, most productive, most exciting, most rewarding," Bradlee wrote. The deal came together and Bradlee ended up with a cache of Post stock and the title of Washington bureau chief for Newsweek.

Four years later, it was a conversation with Philip Graham's widow that proved pivotal for Bradlee. Katharine Graham had taken over the Post after her husband's suicide and was looking to inject new life into the paper. In a quotation that has become Post lore, Bradlee told her over lunch that if the managing editor's job ever opened up, "I'd give my left one for it."

Bradlee soon had the title of deputy managing editor and an understanding he would move up quickly. As recounted in Howard Bray's book, "The Pillars of the Post," managing editor Al Friendly cautioned Bradlee, "Look, buster, don't be in a hurry." Bradlee smiled and replied: "Sorry, but that's my metabolism." He succeeded Friendly three months later.

Bradlee had four children from three marriages: Benjamin C. Jr., Dino, Marina and Quinn. His first two marriages, to Jean Saltonstall and Antoinette Pinchot, ended in divorce. Quinn Bradlee, his son with Sally Quinn, has battled a variety of ailments, including a hole in the heart and epilepsy, and was eventually diagnosed with a genetic syndrome called VCFS.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 10:46:57 pm »

I don't watch the tv MSM - but nonetheless I get alot of my news off of Yahoo - for the most part, they're pretty good. However this week - like 1/2 of their news items is this nonsense NFL New England Patriots "deflategate"(or whatever it's called) scandal. Yes, even Yahoo will get way out of line sometimes, and looking for decent news items at times there is alot like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 10:53:22 pm »

http://liveactionnews.org/when-will-destroyed-human-lives-get-more-news-attention-than-deflated-footballs/
1/23/15
When will destroyed human lives get more news attention than deflated footballs?

Yesterday, I visited my mom and we watched a popular talk show.  In the middle of the show, a breaking news update flashed on the screen. Suddenly the show was interrupted. My mind began to race.  Did something happen to our President? Was there another terrorist attack? Did a school shooting occur? Soon my fears were erased. Patriots QB Tom Brady was in a press conference, denying claims he knew about deflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game. This was the breaking news that interrupted a scheduled program.

I’ll admit I’m not a football fan. I also barely watch TV. So perhaps this counts as a legitimate ‘breaking news’ update in our America today? I personally thought it was a bit ridiculous. It made me wonder, what does the public value as newsworthy in our time? Is the media reporting what matters the most?

The show was interrupted on Jan 22, 2014.  Jan 22, 2014 was the forty second anniversary of Roe v. Wade. It was a day that thousands of pro-lifers gathered to D.C to march against the greatest human injustice of our day in the annual March for Life.

Peter Wolfgang is the Executive Director of the Family Institute of Connecticut. Wolfgang is an advocate for the rights of preborn humans. He also spearheaded a major effort that lead to the defeat of an assisted suicide bill in CT last year. On Jan 22nd he was the keynote speaker at a memorial for the unborn in Bridgeport, CT.

When I logged into Facebook this morning I realized I wasn’t the only one concerned with what CT media outlets consider priority news. Wolfgang posted:

Not a single word about the March for Life in the print edition of The Hartford Courant today. Hundreds of thousands of people protesting the killing of 56 million children, you say? Never mind. Connecticut’s paper of record thinks it less important than deflated footballs.

This is why I’m grateful for news outlets like Live Action News. We strive to report on issues that are of great importance. Football is a beloved sport in our nation.  Athletes should operate with integrity and respect. If an investigation shows wrongdoing on the part of the Patriots, than they should face the consequences. However, we live in a nation where wrong doing is ignored, justified and covered up all of the time. We demand justice over corruption in a game, yet ignore the corruption in the abortion industry.

When discussing the highs and lows of the games and dealing with criticism, Brady said:

“It’s hard to be oblivious to things. We all have TVs or the Internet. The questions I get and the emails I get from people that are always concerned and I’m always thinking back like, ‘Nobody died.’ It’s just a loss,” Brady said with a laugh.

I couldn’t say it any better myself. Football is a great sport, but it’s not a matter of life and death. Even a star quarterback knows that.  I long for the day when the lives of destroyed humans not yet born get more attention in the news than deflated footballs.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 04:14:47 pm »

Don't be surprised the next record-breaking watched event will be the Antichrist showing up...(and we won't be here for that!)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/super-bowl-sets-viewership-record-161138960.html
Super Bowl XLIX was the most-viewed television program in history
2/2/15

After all the scandals, after deflate-gate and concussion crises and videotapes and suspensions, know this: the NFL is unstoppable. The Super Bowl delivered its highest ratings ever, according to initial overnight numbers from NBC. Later numbers comfirmed: Super Bowl XLIX was the most-viewed television program in history.

The Patriots-Seahawks showdown enjoyed a 49.7 rating. In other words, 49.7 percent of the homes that had televisions on had them tuned to the Super Bowl. That's an astounding number, ten times the size of even the most popular TV shows, and it's exactly why advertisers are willing to fork out $4.5 million for 30 seconds' worth of ad time.

An average of 114.4 million people watched the Super Bowl last night, making it the most-viewed program in American history. The highest point? From 9:45 to 10 p.m. ET, in the fourth quarter, when viewership peaked at 120.8 million viewers. This is why networks pay so much for live sports, and why advertisers pay so much to be a part of it all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ephesians 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 06:35:31 am »

NBC News Omits Iran's Foreign Minister Saying Netanyahu Regime Should Be Annihilated
Shilling for Obama again

In a story posted by NBC News describing an interview that Ann Curry conducted with Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's speech to Congress this week, the network omitted Zarif's vitriolically vehement rant that the Netanyahu regime in Israel should "be annihilated," and that "this regime is a threat, is a threat. A regime that engages in the killing of innocent children, a regime that engages in acts of aggression.”  One could only find the section about annihilating Israel if they read the transcript of the entire interview. It wasn't important enough to include in the story of the interview posted by nbcnews.com on a different page.

Witness this section pulled from the full transcript of the Ann Curry /Mohammad Javad Zarif interview:

Curry: So how does Iran want to annihilate the regime of Israel, since you're making the difference? [Between Jews in Iran and Jews in Israel]

Zarif: We don't want to annihilate. We don't want to--

Curry: Well, the Supreme Leader--

Zarif: --annihilate anybody.

Curry: --tweeted that--

Zarif: We have-- the-- well, what he says--

Curry: --it should be annihilated.

Zarif: It-- it should be annihilated. That this regime is a threat, is a threat. A regime that engages in the killing of innocent children, a regime that engages in acts of aggression. Iran has not invaded any other country. We have not threatened to use force. Just exactly the opposite of Israel. Israel threatens to use force against Iran almost on a daily basis. And it has a record. Of course if they did use force against Iran, we would-- defend ourselves, as we have done with-- great sacrifice in the past. But we are not invading, we are not threatening anybody. We have not threatened anybody for 250 years. We have a record to prove of what we say. He doesn't. He has a record full of infanticide, full of killing of innocent people, full of aggression against his neighbor, full of occupation. That does not give him the authority to talk about others in the way he does.

This is the Iranian regime that President Obama wants to "make peace" with. NBC News seems to be attempting to aid the Administration in covering up Iran's intentions.

In the article about the interview entitled "Iran Foreign Minister: We Believe We Are 'Very Close' to Nuke Deal, " NBC tries to make Zarif sound like the aggrieved peacemaker:

Iran has no intention of building a nuclear weapon, and the sooner the world recognizes that, the sooner there will be a deal aimed at curbing its nuclear capabilities in exchange for the lifting of crippling economic sanctions, Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif told NBC News.

"Iran is not about building nuclear weapons," Zarif said in an exclusive interview with Ann Curry Wednesday. "We don't want to build nuclear weapons, we don't believe nuclear weapons bring security to anybody, certainly not to us."

The only mention of Israel or Netanyahu in the article accuses Netanyahu of "fanning" "hysteria" against the seemingly-peaceful state sponsor of terrorism.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/nbc-news-elides-irans-foreign-minister-saying-netanyahu-regime-should-be-annihilated
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 08:38:33 am »

Quick! Go tell this to the truth "But it's all the Zionist Jews'" fault movement! Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 06:03:12 am »

FLASHBACK: Obama Credits 1965 Selma March for Inspiring His Birth… In 1961

FLASHBACK: Obama Credits 1965 Selma March for Inspiring His Birth… In 1961

Shock Photos!
New Panther National Chief Malik Zulu Shabazz is seen speaking at the rally on the left. Then Obama speaks to the Selma crowd at the same rally.

This was the same visit to Selma where Obama credited the 1965 marchers with empowering his black father and white mother to marry… Obama was born in 1961. He was off by 4 years when the Selma march took place. But, it made a good speech.

Here is his political speech inside the church.

Michelle Malkin reported:

*Obama has as much trouble with numbers as he has with maps. Last March, on the anniversary of the Bloody Sunday march in Selma, Alabama, he claimed his parents united as a direct result of the civil rights movement:

“There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.”

Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965. His spokesman, Bill Burton, later explained that Obama was “speaking metaphorically about the civil rights movement as a whole.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/03/flashback-obama-credits-1965-selma-march-for-inspiring-his-birth-in-1961/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 06:12:33 am »

NYT Crops George, Laura Bush from Selma March Photo
Caption reads "President Obama led thousands…"

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/nyt-crops-george-laura-bush-selma-march-photo

Wow.... But im not surprised, not in the least, not when liberals are involved.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 06:00:34 am »

NBC finds at least 10 Brian Williams embellishments

The in-house investigators assigned to look into Brian Williams' past reports have documented at least 10 instances of exaggerations and embellishments by the NBC anchorman.

The investigation is not yet complete, according to a person with knowledge of it, who described some of the findings on condition of anonymity.

It is unclear whether Williams had had a chance to defend himself to his bosses. NBC has not allowed him to do so publicly.

NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke was briefed on the current findings at a Thursday morning meeting in New York. The meeting suggests that the network is nearing a decision about Williams' future.

Williams, the anchor of "NBC Nightly News" for the past 10 years, was suspended nearly three months ago when a scandal erupted about his recounting of an Iraq War mission in 2003.

His suspension is scheduled to end in August, but it is unclear whether NBC will reinstate him at that time. Lester Holt has been filling in.

The network has been under pressure -- both internally and externally -- to reach a decision about Williams and announce it well ahead of the August deadline.

That decision will be informed by NBC's internal fact-checking effort, which is being led by Richard Esposito, the news division's senior executive producer in charge of investigations.

All of the people involved are being incredibly tight-lipped, and NBC refuses to confirm anything about the investigation.

But The New York Times and The Washington Post reported new details on Friday night that painted Williams in a decidedly negative light.

The Times reported that Esposito's team has uncovered "discrepancies" in Williams' accounts of his reporting from Tahrir Square in Cairo, Egypt in 2011.

The Times said it was one of a "half-dozen instances" that have raised eyebrows internally.

The Post reported that the investigation has "turned up 11 instances in which the anchorman publicly embellished details of his reporting exploits."

It also said Thursday's meeting was attended by Burke; the man he recently appointed to oversee NBC News, Andy Lack, and the president of NBC News, Deborah Turness.

A spokesman for NBC did not respond to a request for comment on Saturday.

Earlier this week, CNNMoney reported that the fact-checking findings "may be a form of leverage -- to either say that Williams has been cleared of further embellishing, or that he's too damaged to return to the 'Nightly News.'"

If NBC executives believe he's too damaged, negotiations will have to ensue with Williams' lawyer. Last winter Williams signed a lucrative contract to remain the "Nightly News" anchor through the end of the decade.

In private conversations, TV agents and other industry veterans have speculated that the investigation's findings could be useful in a negotiation. NBC could offer to keep the investigation under wraps, or threaten to release it, depending on Williams' willingness to leave.

Jay Rosen, a New York University journalism professor who has followed the Williams case closely, said that "if the latest reports are accurate," they further complicate the picture.

If the executives "let Brian Williams return to NBC News, they have to calculate the effect on morale and the rough statement they would be making (essentially, 'your opinions don't count') to all the people in the news division who feel grave doubts and deep anger toward Williams," Rosen said. "Are they prepared to pay those costs? Maybe they are, I don't know."

Rosen suggested people at NBC may be "signaling their mood and intentions through the leaks."

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/25/media/brian-williams-investigation-embellishments/index.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 12:04:39 pm »

6 minute video - just keep watching it, and you'll see the silver underlying in all of this...

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: