End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 01:33:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

5 Things Scripture Teaches Us About Governments

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Things Scripture Teaches Us About Governments  (Read 684 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2012, 06:30:50 am »

I have modified this from the original source.

5 Things Scripture Teaches Us About Governments

Government is one of the facts of life in this world. All of human history has shown that we need to be governed. Not surprisingly, the Bible speaks to government. Here are five things the Bible teaches us.

Every government is put in place by God.

(John 19:11) Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

(Romans 13:1b) For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

God uses even sinful governments to do his will.

(Jeremiah 25:8-9) Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Because ye have not heard my words, Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the LORD, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.

(Acts 4:27-28) For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

We ought to pray for those who govern us.

(1 Timothy 2:1-2) I EXHORT therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

We should honor and submit to those who govern us.

(Mark 12:17) And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Cæsar the things that are Cæsar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. And they marvelled at him.

(Romans 13:1-4) LET every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

(1 Peter 2:13-17) Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

All human governments will eventually end and Jesus will reign over everyone forever.

(Isaiah 9:6-7) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

(Revelation 19:11, 15-16) And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war... And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:35:41 am »

I have modified this from the original source.

Every government is put in place by God.

(John 19:11) Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

(Romans 13:1b) For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Hos 8:2  Israel shall cry unto me, My God, we know thee.
Hos 8:3  Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemy shall pursue him.
Hos 8:4  They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:53:22 am »

Hos 8:2  Israel shall cry unto me, My God, we know thee.
Hos 8:3  Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemy shall pursue him.
Hos 8:4  They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

I believe that is AFTER the Lord has cut them off. Israels doom for disobediance was approaching and the Lord already made his judgments against Israel. So anythign they did was for naught as the Lord already did away with their government and nation. That is why they are crying out to the Lord My God, we know thee, sort of like the false teachers under jusgment will say to the Lord, "we cast out devils in your name" and the Lord says I knew you not depart from me.

Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 10:16:08 am »

We ought to pray for those who govern us.

(1 Timothy 2:1-2) I EXHORT therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Notice the context of this verse - it doesn't mean we have to elect Republican leaders so that all of our needs, and even carnal desires can be filled(from a "good" economy). "we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty"...I believe it means we pray so b/c even the very wickedest of governments can leave us alone so we can live just as that, and continue to preach the gospel to others. Praise the Lord that as of right now, you don't hear the government going after non-501c3 home churches.(it may change when everything goes down, but for right now, that is)

(Mark 12:17) And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Cæsar the things that are Cæsar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. And they marvelled at him.

(Romans 13:1-4) LET every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

(1 Peter 2:13-17) Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Again, notice the context of these passages - it does NOT mean we give EVERYTHING to Caesar, like the modern-day church wants you to believe concerning their 501c3 status. It just means we give unto Caesar what IS HIS, and HIS ONLY(ie-taxes).

Act 5:29  Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
Report Spam   Logged
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 01:21:19 pm »

I believe that is AFTER the Lord has cut them off. Israels doom for disobediance was approaching and the Lord already made his judgments against Israel. So anythign they did was for naught as the Lord already did away with their government and nation. That is why they are crying out to the Lord My God, we know thee, sort of like the false teachers under jusgment will say to the Lord, "we cast out devils in your name" and the Lord says I knew you not depart from me.
OK.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 02:35:59 pm »

did you get what i was saying? reading that again comes off as kind of

But still the Lord was involved in what was going on.
Report Spam   Logged

PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 05:11:04 pm »

did you get what i was saying? reading that again comes off as kind of

But still the Lord was involved in what was going on.
Is that for me? The gov't structure is set up by God; however, man corrupts God's plan of government.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 06:05:58 pm »

Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake:...

Obviously that cannot be done literally. Some ordinaces require you to denounce God. That ain't going to happen!

So there must be something more to that part of the verse. I think this ties in with "Agree with thine adversary quickly...", which ultimately is being humble and not protesting stuff and making a scene. But I also am sure it is very relevant that it directly mentions respect to types of leaders, and nothing else. I see this as how we are to behave in the world while we are here in relation to those in authority in the world. There is more than one way to resist the devil, but ultimately it is by faith in God to be there for us in that hour. This I believe is why it says...

"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 01:39:23 am »

what about the vaccinations, RFID chips, FEMA camps etc? i think we have to know our rights too.

"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18 (KJB)

so i underlined that first bit, it could be that there is some questions reading that verse.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 06:01:11 am »

Dan 2 20-21 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Psalm 67-4 O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.

Proverbs 21-1 THE king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: