End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:51:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What is wrong with this picture?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is wrong with this picture?  (Read 841 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2012, 10:38:37 am »

This is a minister at one of the megachurches in the metroplex - Take a closer look...

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 09:51:52 am »

OK, I give up; what's wrong with the picture?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 12:48:47 pm »

Anyone? Undecided

Here's a hint:
Pro_22:6  Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

In other words, name one thing not only our parents, but even other authority figures like school officials would get after us alot about growing up as children?(and look closely at this guy in the pic)
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 01:25:28 am »

Undecided His shirt isn't tucked in?

I don't know BA. Your being a bit cryptic.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 04:20:55 am »

he didnt wash his hands?
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 08:03:07 am »

Undecided His shirt isn't tucked in?

I don't know BA. Your being a bit cryptic.

Yes, THAT'S IT! Pretty much all of us, growing up as children especially...this was the ONE thing not only our parents, but also our school officials would get after us almost constantly - tucking our shirts in, even more so than brushing our teeth, having good table manners, greeting others with a smile, having polite manners toward others, the list goes on. Even to this day my mom makes sure I have every inch of my shirt tucked in. I'll admit even I find it a bit annoying being reminded over this, BUT, BUT...going around outside and around other people with seeing their shirts not tucked in shows lack of manners(at least on the outward appearance), which is why we should be very appreciative of our parents and other authority figures getting after us to do so all these years.

This seems to be a trend in the Emergent/Postmodern megachurch nowdays - REBELLION. Especially when you see these "ministers" go around like this, suffice to say even an outward appearance can paint a 1000 words.(even though we're not supposed to judge by the outward appearance) And it also shudders me how the modern generation is really showing their rebellion pretty blatantly and outwardly. I know the bible predicted these things would come to pass, but again, when you see these kinds of things in a "church" setting...(something even Churchianity back in the 80's wouldn't even think twice of doing)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 08:47:48 am »

uhm, really? Does the Lord have a dress code? I do not tuck my shirts in, cant stand it, and it has nothing to do with rebellion. That is one thing that i cannot stand about churchianity is the so called "sunday" dress code. I dont see a tucked or non tucked in shirt having anything to do with rebellion. sorry...

Does a pastor have to wear a suit and tie? The apostles and the Lord all wore what everyone wore.

Jas 2:1  My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
Jas 2:2  For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
Jas 2:3  And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
Jas 2:4  Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 09:45:26 am »

uhm, really? Does the Lord have a dress code? I do not tuck my shirts in, cant stand it, and it has nothing to do with rebellion. That is one thing that i cannot stand about churchianity is the so called "sunday" dress code. I dont see a tucked or non tucked in shirt having anything to do with rebellion. sorry...

Does a pastor have to wear a suit and tie? The apostles and the Lord all wore what everyone wore.

Jas 2:1  My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
Jas 2:2  For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
Jas 2:3  And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
Jas 2:4  Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

I know what you're saying - and no, I'm not saying everyone has to dress up in a nice suit and tie on the Lord's day(and no, I don't support any of the 501c3 entities, whether they're KJV-only or the typical mega-friendly church).

But was just pointing this out b/c throughout my own lifetime, tucking in our shirts in any place(whether in a church setting, a school setting, or even a casual atmosphere) was 99% of the time reminded us by those who look after us, even more so than brushing our teeth, putting on a smile, having good table manners, etc. Which is why I'm surprised to see the trend changing even in Churchianity with ministers on the pulpit.

With that being said, yes, I think I understand what you're saying now - maybe I should re-think this, b/c again, this is the atmosphere I grew up in.

As for the church this minister in the OP is in - there's much more wicked stuff in there to expose(rather than the debate of tucking in vs. not tucking in one's shirt). Look at this church's logo... Shocked

Report Spam   Logged
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 10:34:46 am »

Hmmm! Hebrew 666? As above so below?

btw, I only tuck in my shirt when wearing suspenders.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:36:42 am by PeanutGallery » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 10:41:11 am »

Hmmm! Hebrew 666? As above so below?

how did you get that?
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 10:55:18 am »

the best that i can come up with for that pic is that those were the colors assigned to the Tribe of LEVI according to the Midrash, for use on the Tallith's, or prayer shawls thingies.  dont understand why they would use that. At first i thought it might have been a boating emergency flag or something.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:00:20 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 01:43:45 pm »

how did you get that?
Turn it sideways and the white and black lines could be hebrew sixes.
Or, the black line could be the connection between heaven and earth.
But, I don't think it is suspenders for those who keep their shirts tucked.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 03:24:06 pm »

the best that i can come up with for that pic is that those were the colors assigned to the Tribe of LEVI according to the Midrash, for use on the Tallith's, or prayer shawls thingies.  dont understand why they would use that. At first i thought it might have been a boating emergency flag or something.

The pic also looks like that compass/square Freemasonic symbol(with the black and white in between looking like a serpent), albeit done another signature. Alot like, let's say, I write down the name "Mark", and you write down this same name - the handwriting looks different, but the same thing written down.

Rick Warren also has this very similar symbol on his web site as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 04:28:33 pm »

To clarify - no, I'm not saying every single person in this world who doesn't tuck in their shirt lives in rebellion. It was just when I saw that pic, it reminded me how not only my parents, but other authority officials(ie-school) in my lifetime would keep reminding me and others around me to tuck our shirts in, even more so than having good table manners. Again, this is only from my experiences.

Also to throw this out there too - again, I don't support any 501c3 institution, but the typical megachurch/Postmodernism Emergent church pretty much have taken down all of the cross signs on their properties, which should say alot right there. It's not like this particular symbol I posted above is some "pop culture marketable fad"(whether it's occultic in nature or no) to young people, which should also raise another red flag.

Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 05:36:21 pm »

I have to say, I looked at Creflo Dollar's streaming online service live this a.m. and he served communion in an appropriate manner AND he was dressed very snazzy.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: