End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:30:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

OBAMA DEMANDS TAX HIKES...

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OBAMA DEMANDS TAX HIKES...  (Read 5493 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 09:04:54 pm »

Tentative ‘fiscal cliff’ deal reached in Senate

12/31/12

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/last-minute-fiscal-cliff-deal-outlines-emerging-181845501--politics.html

Racing to beat a midnight deadline, Vice President Joe Biden arrived on Capitol Hill Monday night to sell wary Democratic senators on an 11th-hour deal to avert income tax hikes on all but a sliver of the richest Americans.

Grinning broadly, Biden ignored reporters questions on whether he and Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell had finally forged a compromise to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that threatened the still-fragile economy with a new recession. "Happy new year," he replied.

But a Democratic Senate aide told Yahoo News that "the White House and Republicans have a deal," while a source familiar with the negotiations said President Barack Obama had discussed the compromise with Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and "they both signed off."

The apparent agreement set up a Senate vote late Monday or possibly in the wee hours of Tuesday. The House of Representatives was due back at noon on Tuesday to take it up.

Under the compromise arrangement, taxes would rise on income above $400,000 for individuals and $450,000 for households, while exemptions and deductions the wealthiest Americans use to reduce their tax bill would face new limits. The accord would also raise the taxes paid on large inheritances from 35% to 40% for estates over $5 million. And it would extend by one year unemployment benefits for some two million Americans.

Biden, a 36-year Senate veteran, worked out the agreement with McConnell after talks between Obama and Republican House Speaker John Boehner collapsed.

But with time running short, the country appeared on track to go over the cliff at midnight -- though quick congressional action, and the fact that financial markets were to be closed on New Year's Day, were expected to limit the damage.

“Today, it appears that an agreement to prevent this New Year's tax hike is within sight, but it's not done,” Obama said in hastily announced midday remarks at the White House. “There are still issues left to resolve, but we're hopeful that Congress can get it done – but it’s not done.”

"One thing we can count on with respect to this Congress is that if there is even one second left before you have to do what you’re supposed to do, they will use that last second," he said.

Obama’s remarks – by turns scolding, triumphant, and mocking of Congress – came after talks between McConnell and Biden appeared to seal the breakthrough deal.

Efforts to modify the first installment of $1.2 trillion in cuts to domestic and defense programs over 10 years -- the other portion of the “fiscal cliff,” known as sequestration -- had proved a sticking point late in the game. Democrats had sought a year-long freeze but appeared to have caved to Republican pressure and signed on to just a two-month delay. That would put the next battle over those cuts right around the time that the White House and its Republican foes are battling it out over whether to raise the country's debt limit. Republicans have vowed to push for more spending cuts, equivalent to the amount of new borrowing. Obama has vowed not to negotiate as he did in 2011, when a bruising fight threatened the first-ever default on America's obligations and resulted in the first-ever downgrade of the country's credit rating.

Experts had warned that the fiscal cliff's tax increases and spending cuts, taken together, could plunge the still-fragile economy into a new recession.

“I can report that we’ve reached an agreement on all of the tax issues,” McConnell said on the Senate floor. “We are very, very close to an agreement.”

The Kentucky Republican later briefed Republicans on the details of the deal. Lawmakers emerged from that closed-door session offered hopeful appraisals that, after clearing a few last-minute hurdles, they could vote on New Year’s Eve or with 2013 just hours old.

“Tonight, I hope,” Republican Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee told reporters. “It may be at 1, 2, 3, 4 in the morning. Oh, I guess that’s technically tomorrow.”

Republican Senators said negotiators were still working on a way to forestall two months of the “sequester” spending cuts, about $20 billion worth. And some expressed disquiet that the tentative compromise ran high on tax increases and low on spending cuts -- while warning that failure to act, triggering some $600 billion in income tax increases on all Americans who pay it and draconian spending cuts, was the worse option.

McConnell earlier had called for a vote on the tax component of the deal.

“Let me be clear: We’ll continue to work on finding smarter ways to cut spending, but let’s not let that hold up protecting Americans from the tax hike,” McConnell urged. “Let’s pass the tax relief portion now. Let’s take what’s been agreed to and get moving.”

more
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 06:01:15 am »

Senate approves deal to avert 'fiscal cliff,' House of Representatives must still vote on deal - @CNBC

WASHINGTONCopyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
38.8951-77.0364

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate has passed legislation to block the impact of across-the-board tax increases and spending cuts that make up the fiscal cliff.

The vote was an overwhelming 89-8 and came well after midnight on New Year's Day.

A House vote is expected before Wednesday.

The White House-backed legislation would prevent middle-class taxes from rising, and raise rates on incomes over $400,000 for individuals and $450,000 for couples.

It also blocks spending cuts for two months, extends unemployment benefits for the long-term jobless, prevents a 27 percent cut in fees for doctors who treat Medicare patients and prevents a spike in milk prices.

A last-minute addition would also prevent a $900 pay raise for members of Congress from taking effect in March.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/senate-clear-fiscal-cliff-measure

NOTHING BUT RAISED TAXES!!!!!

Sen. Marco Rubio voted no this evening. "The real fiscal cliff is the one that awaits us, and there's nothing we can do to avoid it."

President Obama praises Senate agreement on bill to avert fiscal cliff - @AP

well of course he does, he got what he wanted

Obama Orders Pay Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/delicious/gqlf/~3/ZIC3BugU0uo/obama-orders-raise-biden-members-congress-federal-workers_692223.html

just saying.,..
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:34:34 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2013, 08:16:37 am »

The accord would also raise the taxes paid on large inheritances from 35% to 40% for estates over $5 million.

It's stuff like this that makes it obvious that the government wants tax income, regardless, and they will go after it where ever they can get it. This "inheritance tax" I have always felt the government has no right to collect. It's pure theft in my opinion. Same with taxing winnings from games, contests and lotteries.

Seriously, how in the world do they justify taking even 35% of money they have zero rights to? It's that stupid IRS tax code. Can't have any "undeclared" or "unearned" income. If you earn an income, they tax it. If you didn't earn it, they tax it. If you receive it, you pretty much will pay taxes on it. Now tell me, what good has that tax strategy done? None. More income for the country has done nothing to improve the financial stability of the country. It's in fact made the country even more unstable financially.

I REALLY thank God that He accepts me into His family, because if living in the world and dealing with those idiots was my only option, I think all this stuff would drive me nuts. I'd be one of the most loud-mouthed patriots one has ever seen because I just couldn't sit back and watch these criminals get away with this stuff.

Thank you Jesus for your mercy!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2013, 11:55:23 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-governors-walk-balance-beam-health-law-150134024--politics.html

GOP governors walk balance beam on health law
By By BILL BARROW | Associated Press – Sun, Dec 30, 2012

ATLANTA (AP) — Florida Gov. Rick Scott, who made a fortune as a health care executive, long opposed President Barack Obama's remake of the health insurance market. After the Democratic president won re-election, the Republican governor softened his tone. He said he wanted to "have a conversation" with the administration about implementing the 2010 law. With a federal deadline approaching, he also said while Florida won't set up the exchange for individuals to buy private insurance policies, the feds can do it.

In New Jersey, Gov. Chris Christie held his cards before saying he won't set up his own exchange, but he's avoided absolute language and says he could change his mind. He's also leaving his options open to accept federal money to expand Medicaid insurance for people who aren't covered. The caveat, Christie says, is whether Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius can "answer my questions" about its operations and expense.

Both Republican governors face re-election in states that Obama won twice, Christie in 2013 and Scott in 2014. And both will encounter well-financed Democrats.

Their apparent struggles on the issue, along with other postures by their GOP colleagues elsewhere, suggest political uncertainty for Republicans as the Affordable Care Act starts to go into effect two years after clearing Congress without a single Republican vote. The risks also are acute for governors in Democratic-leaning or swing-voting states or who know their records will be parsed should they seek the presidency in 2016 or beyond.

more
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:13:53 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 04:11:10 am »

PLAYED: $1 IN CUTS FOR EVERY $41 IN TAXES...
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/31/Fiscal-cliff-deal-41-1-in-tax-increases-to-spending-cuts-ratio

Deal Means Higher Tax on 77% of Households...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-01/senate-passed-deal-means-higher-tax-on-77-of-households.html

CBO: ADDS $3.9 TRILLION MORE TO DEFICIT...
http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/economy/275095-cbo-fiscal-cliff-deal-carries-4-trillion-price-tag
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 07:57:37 am »

Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases

Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.

With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters.

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left.

“I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.”

“My boyfriend has had a lot of expenses and is feeling squeezed right now, and having his paycheck shrink really didn’t help,” wrote “DemocratToTheEnd.”

“BlueIndyBlue” added: “Many of my friends didn’t realize it, either. Our payroll department didn’t do a good job of explaining the coming changes.”

So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year‘s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.

“Bake,” who may have been trolling the site, jumped into the thread posted Friday. “My paycheck just went down. So did my wife’s. This hurts us. But everybody says it’s a good thing, so I guess we just suck it up and get used to it. I call it a tax increase on the middle class. I wonder what they call it. Somebody on this thread called it a ‘premium.’ Nope. It’s a tax, and it just went up.”

Some in the thread argued that the new tax — or the end of the “holiday,” which makes it a new tax — wouldn’t really amount to much. One calculated it would cost about $86 a month for most people. “Honeycombe8,” though, said that amount is nothing to sneeze at.

“$86 a month is a lot. That would pay for … Groceries for a week, as someone said. More than what I pay for parking every month, after my employer’s contribution to that. A new computer after a year. A new quality pair of shoes … every month. Months of my copay for my hormones. A new thick coat (on sale or at discount place). It would pay for what I spend on my dogs every month … food, vitamins, treats.”

The Twittersphere was even funnier.

Story Continues →
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/#ixzz2HIXCaAFK
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:02:24 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 08:00:34 am »

Democrats look for up to $1 trillion in new tax revenues this year

Democrats say they want to raise as much as $1 trillion in new revenues through tax reform later this year to balance Republican demands to slash mandatory spending.

Democratic leaders have had little time to craft a new position for their party since passing a tax deal Tuesday that will raise $620 billion in revenue over the next ten years. 

The emerging consensus, however, is that the next installment of deficit reduction should reach $2 trillion and about half of it should come from higher taxes.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/275815-democrats-looking-for-up-to-1t-in-new-tax-revenues-this-year#ixzz2HIY6PPTN
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 08:30:34 am »

Even if Romney had won, these fiscal bill tax increases would have still happened b/c quite simply, Romney wouldn't have taken the oval office until late this month, which meant Obama would have still had to deal with this deadline, and Obama would have used this lame duck period to give America the middle finger.

It could have been worse if Romney had won.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 06:26:14 am »

Millions noticing paychecks lighter today, due to payroll tax hike

Gabriella Hoffman’s paycheck is a little lighter today, thanks to a payroll tax increase that is forcing millions of Americans to make the kind of tough budget cuts their representatives in Washington lawmakers seem unwilling to tackle.

Hoffman, a 21-year-old Virginian who works at a nonprofit, estimates her paycheck will be roughly $30 less this biweekly pay period, or about $780 annually, thanks to the end of a two-year cut on payroll taxes, which fund Social Security. The tax has risen back up to 6.2 percent from 4.2 percent, costing someone making $50,000 annually about $1,000 per year and a household with two high-paid workers up to $4,500.

“As a newly-graduated person, someone coming straight out of college, I don’t like the idea of having less money coming to me due to the selfish interests of people in Congress who don’t have any interest in reducing our financial problems,” Hoffman told FoxNews.com. “This is an impediment for future economic growth. It’s going to make it harder for young people like myself to get married, find a better job, you name it.”

Hoffman admits the hike won’t completely alter her spending, but the University of California-San Diego graduate said she will definitely have it in mind when it comes to leisure activities and entertainment.

“Although it’s a small quantity on a monthly basis, just having less money going into my paycheck will prevent me from doing things and force me to be more frugal,” she said. “I’ll be more cautious with my spending.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/11/lighter-paychecks-to-hamper-many-americans-amid-uncertain-economic-times/?intcmp=HPBucket#ixzz2HlP9euIO
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 10:37:27 am »

http://beforeitsnews.com/economics-and-politics/2013/01/have-obamacare-irs-raids-begun-rampant-injustice-2448682.html

Have Obamacare IRS Raids Begun? Rampant Injustice

Saturday, January 12, 2013 20:30

Have Nazi gestapo’s arrived in America disguised as United States federal agents and the IRS? This video will enrage absolutely any small business owner in America and anyone else who cares a lick about America, for that matter. “If people are not outraged, they need to be.” “This is not America any longer…”

Federal agent: “The federal government can do anything that we want to do….”  Uh, feds, no you can’t!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFALonjLay0&feature=player_embedded
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 11:04:11 am »

Small Firms to Keep Lagging Back in U.S. Expansion: Economy
14 January 2013, by Alex Kowalski & Jeanna Smialek (Bloomberg)
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-14/small-firms-to-remain-missing-link-in-u-s-expansion-economy.html

Excerpt:

Small companies will probably remain a missing element of the current U.S. expansion as their role in driving growth continues to wane, according to economists at Citigroup Inc..

Payrolls at firms with fewer than 500 employees accounted for less than 50% of the total workforce for the first time in 2008 during the recession and have barely recovered, according to their research.

After hovering close to 50%, small businesses’ share of GDP began dropping in 2001 to reach about 45% in the latest available data.

In contrast to the gains in confidence for their larger counterparts, sentiment among smaller companies remains at recessionary levels,

reflecting a confluence of obstacles, including globalization and a lack of credit as local banks consolidate.

That means the world’s largest economy will lose support from the businesses that helped boost growth and productivity through innovation.

“Small businesses are going to be under pressure for quite some time to come,” Nathan Sheets, the New York-based global head of international economics at Citigroup, who conducted the research, said in a telephone interview.

“Competing globally means establishing networks of distribution, communication, transportation, and it’s easier to do that as a large firm.”
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 09:45:10 pm »

Obama using gun issue to advance health law

1/16/13

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/16/obama-using-gun-issue-advance-health-law/

President Obama is using the national debate over gun violence to push for further action on his health care law, including insisting on the kind of mental health coverage states must provide under their Medicaid programs.

Mr. Obama, unveiling his gun proposals Wednesday barely a month after the deadly school shooting in Newtown, Conn., will make it clear that his health law, known as the Affordable Care Act, allows doctors to ask patients whether they have guns in their homes, and will tell them they are able to report any threats of violence they hear to police.

The president also will lay out the mental health coverage that all insurers will be required to provide under his signature-achievement law.

Those are some of the 23 executive actions Mr. Obama plans to take whether or not Congress acts on his broader recommendations, the White House said.

Other moves including offering incentives for schools to hire police; finally naming a new director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF); and requiring federal authorities to trace all guns recovered in their criminal investigations.

Mr. Obama also will call on his secretaries of education and health and human services to hold a national dialogue on mental health.

The entire list of the actions Mr. Obama is taking comprises:

1. Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rule-making to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

Story Continues →

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/16/obama-using-gun-issue-advance-health-law/#ixzz2ICWLqzOh
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2013, 03:05:47 am »

This isn't good at all, these "executive actions". He's even using this to "pass" background checks for private gun sales? There is no way private sellers will do a background check. That's just a move to circumvent Congress and the Constitution. This is so unconstitutional, it's hard to believe they are even proposing this stuff, let alone actually going through with it.

Notice the first 6 of 7 items all involve background checks. And background checks, etc is what hasn't been able to pass. And here they are forcing it through by executive order. Background checks on a private gun sale? That's absurd at best. And states like Arizona are getting their gun freedoms hit hard with this junk. Now, a private sale of a gun is perfectly legal in Arizona, no registrations, no waiting periods, no background checks, etc. It's truly private. Obama's actions by executive order changes all that overnight.

This isn't good at all. There are a bunch of people that are going to be really mad. Obama and his cohorts have taken it too far this time.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2013, 08:26:34 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/next-healthcare-advisor-might-tax-guy-210953294.html

Your Next Healthcare Advisor Might Be Your Tax Guy

2/20/13

With April 15 (Tax Day) less than two months away, it’s no surprise that H&R Block, the largest tax services firm in the world, is already busy processing tons of 1040 forms. What is unexpected, though, is that they’re advising their customers on health insurance as well as taxes.

This year, if you come to H&R Block for tax prep, you’ll also get a free, personalized review on what your insurance costs are likely to be, and what subsidies you might qualify for under the Affordable Care Act, which really kicks in for most people in January 2014.

We discovered that three out of four taxpayers don’t know what it takes to become eligible for health insurance under the new law,” said Kathy Pickering, executive director of The Tax Institute at H&R Block, referring to a survey the company did that also found that 44 percent of respondents ages 18 to 34 didn’t know about the possible tax penalty if they didn’t sign up for health insurance with an employer or a state health insurance exchange. (Sign-up for insurance under the exchanges begins October 1, 2013.)

Tax returns aren’t as far removed from health insurance as you might think. While it’s not necessary to file a tax return to enroll in a qualified healthcare plan, according to the tax preparer, people who do file a return will find it’ll be used by state exchanges to verify your household income and family size to determine eligibility for government-sponsored plans, the premium tax credit (a tax refund to help offset health insurance costs for some individuals and families), and subsidies. In other words, having a tax return handy this fall may make it easier and faster to figure out if you’re eligible for financial help in paying for your insurance. People who don’t file a return may be asked to submit documents to help determine eligibility and costs.

So far, no other tax preparation firms have announced plans to help their clients with health insurance questions. H&R Block has launched a website that anyone can use to see some family and individual scenarios for healthcare and penalty costs. The site also has a good FAQ section that explains certain parts of the new healthcare law, such as “Will there be changes in my taxes because of health care reform?” (Yes, but not for everyone.)

While H&R Block customers who opt for the health insurance review may feel a little more at ease about the coming new world of health insurance, you won’t be missing out if you’re not getting your taxes done there. Beginning July 1, 2013, all states will have call-in centers set up to answer questions about health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, as well as “navigators” who can provide specific information based on individual or family circumstances, says a spokesman for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Each state exchange will make specific decisions about how the navigators operate, for example, call-in hours, and, in some cases, probably in-person appointments. Sign up at Healthcare.gov to get health insurance updates from your state exchange by email or text message.

And you can also expect more companies and nonprofits to start offering counseling on health insurance in the months ahead. “We’re taking a lot of calls from people who are concerned about being able to afford coverage in 2014,” says Keith Mendonsa, a consumer specialist at the online health insurance company ehealthinsurance.com. Most of them don’t understand how the subsidies will work and what they’ll be required to pay for their coverage. There’s a lot of room for consumer education on the issue this year.”

Michael Hsiung of Los Angeles says he “kept hearing about new subsidies for people who can’t afford health insurance and wondered if I’d be one of them…but I had already gone so long without health insurance I didn’t want to keep waiting,” he explains. “So I bought a plan for $105 and will wait to see what happens with the Affordable Care Act.” Hsiung’s plan is a month-to-month one, based on guidance from the sales person he worked with at ehealthinsurance.com, who pointed out that he may qualify for a lower-cost option once the health insurance exchange in California opens for business. 

Are you afraid of what health insurance might cost you starting in 2014? Have you spoken to a tax preparer or accountant or do you plan to?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 09:03:48 pm »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2013/02/20/florida-gov-rick-scotts-obamacare-medicaid-mea-culpa/?partner=yahootix

2/20/13

Florida Gov. Rick Scott's Obamacare Medicaid Mea Culpa

In a major about-face, it appears Rick Scott, the former hospital chain CEO turned Republican governor of Florida, will expand the state’s Medicaid insurance program for the poor under the Affordable Care Act after all.

Several news outlets in Florida and Washington are reporting that Scott has changed his tune and will go along with an expansion to cover more than one million people for the first three years, allowing a new governor to decide what to do after that.

Scott is now the seventh GOP governor to agree to expand Medicaid under the health law and “arguably the biggest political symbol of grudging Republican acceptance that Obamacare is the law of the land,” Politico reported tonight.

Earlier, Scott said he did not want Florida to participate in the health law’s Medicaid expansion partly because of what he believed are eventual costs to his state for increasing coverage. Under the health law, states have the option thanks to the Supreme Court decision in June to not to take part in an expansion of the number of people eligible to receive Medicaid.

“I cannot in good conscience deny Floridians to healthcare,” Rick Scott said at a press conference in Florida this afternoon.

Most states are going along with the Medicaid expansion given a cash infusion of more than $900 billion in federal dollars from 2014 to 2022.

This funding is unlike past efforts to expand Medicaid in that the federal government will pick up the full tab for the first three years. The state gradually has to pick up some costs in 2017 but by 2020 the federal government is still picking up 90 percent or more of the Medicaid tab.

It’s a much better funding proposition than the existing Medicaid program that essentially shares the cost between the states and the federal government. The federal government traditionally picks up a little more than half of the cost of Medicaid.

Until Wednesday, Scott had been the poster child among GOP governors who said they wouldn’t participate. Before he was elected Florida’s governor in the Tea Party wave of 2010, Scott was best known for running the giant for-profit hospital chain known as Columbia/HCA, now known as HCA Holdings (HCA).

When he was chief executive officer, Columbia became the center of a nationwide federal health fraud investigation in the mid-1990s, before settling for $1.7 billion over allegations the chain of hospitals fraudulently billed Medicare and other health programs. Scott eventually resigned under intense board pressure in 1997 as the investigation swirled around him.

Columbia today remains among the nation’s large investor-owned hospital chains including Tenet Healthcare (THC), Health Management Associates (HMA) and Vanguard Health Systems (VHS).
Report Spam   Logged
more

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2015, 05:49:21 am »

Obama: 'Majority of Americans Agree with My Approach'

President Barack Obama used his new political politician coming off his reelection win to assert his political position ahead of fiscal negotiations with Congress.

"On Tuesday night, we found out that the majority of Americans agree with my approach," Obama said in a statement delivered this afternoon in the White House. "And that includes Democrats, independents, and a lot of Republicans across the country, as well as independent economists and budget experts."

Obama's approach, as he detailed, to the looming fiscal issues is "to combine spending cuts with revenue -- and that means asking the wealthiest Americans to pay a little more in taxes."
Paris airport limousine service
"That’s how we can reduce the deficit while still making the investments we need to build a strong middle class and a strong economy.  That’s the only way we can still afford to train our workers, or help our kids pay for college, or make sure that good jobs in clean energy or high-tech manufacturing don’t end up in countries like China," the president said in his first public address since election night.

"Now, already, I’ve put forward a detailed plan that allows us to make these investments while reducing our deficit by $4 trillion over the next decade.  I want to be clear -- I’m not wedded to every detail of my plan.  I’m open to compromise.  I’m open to new ideas.  I’m committed to solving our fiscal challenges.  But I refuse to accept any approach that isn’t balanced.  I am not going to ask students and seniors and middle-class families to pay down the entire deficit while people like me, making over $250,000, aren’t asked to pay a dime more in taxes.  I'm not going to do that."

yes, you are right and i found your post helpful about obama. actually it is generally happened but there may be some obstacle .
however this is a matter of concern Roll Eyes and took the right decision. by the way thank you for the nice and informative reply
and i got it helpful too. nice to meet you ,
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: