End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:45:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Islamic 'Honor Violence' Rising in the West

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Islamic 'Honor Violence' Rising in the West  (Read 1559 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2011, 06:09:16 am »

Lawsuit: 'Honor killings' OK by Michigan Shariah
Plaintiffs challenge city's official cooperation with Islamic interests

A lawsuit that challenges the official cooperation by the city of Dearborn, Mich., which has one of the largest populations of Muslims in the U.S., with Islamic interests makes a stunning allegation: that under the recognized "Shariah" law in the city, there have been "honor killing" murders that have been "covered up."

The lawsuit was brought by the Thomas More Law Center on behalf of four Christians whose speech and other civil rights were restricted by official city action at several recent city-sponsored Arab Fest events.

The lawsuit on behalf of Acts 17 Apologetics, Nebeel Qureshi, David Wood, Paul Rezkalla, Negeen Mayel and Joshua Hogg names as defendants the city of Dearborn, Mayor John. B. O'Reilly, Police Chief Ronald Haddad and a long list of police officers in addition to American Arab Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Fay Beydoun and Norma Haidous, the special events coordinator for the American Arab chamber.

Officials in the offices of both O'Reilly and Haddad said they were unable to respond to questions about the case, which seeks a court order halting the city's practices regarding speech and distribution of literature on public property at the city's Arab Fest during the summers.

It also seeks compensatory and punitive damages from the defendants.

The allegation about the honor killings that have been "overlooked" in Dearborn comes on Page 61 of the 96-page complaint filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan today.

Describing the circumstances under which police officers arrested the Christians and ordered them to spend a night in jail rather than view readily available exculpatory evidence that ultimately cleared them of the charges, the complaint notes that during the booking of the Christians at the city jail, "a sympathetic city police officer told plaintiffs Qureshi and Rezkalla that some of the police officers were 'on their side,' 'agreed with what they were doing' and 'didn't think they did anything wrong,' or words to that effect."

The comments simply were "demonstrating further that defendants retaliated against plaintiffs for their religious speech activity," the complaint explains.

"The sympathetic police officer told plaintiffs that the security personnel hired for the Arab Festival were mostly 'criminals and gang members,'" the complaint explained. Then it continued:

"The sympathetic police officer told plaintiffs that there were instances in the city where 'honor killings' permitted by Shariah had taken place, but they were covered up," the complaint alleges.

(Story continues below)

Read more: Lawsuit: 'Honor killings' OK by Michigan Shariah http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=267029#ixzz1EmcTFrlA
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:46:32 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 12:59:12 pm »

MUSLIMS IN AMERICA: HONOR KILLINGS OF WIVES AND DAUGHTERS

By Frosty Wooldridge
September 26, 2011
NewsWithViews.com

If you will take a gander at the September 26, 2011 issue of Newsweek, page 48, titled “Marry or else!” by Michelle Goldberg, you will see that the Balkanization of America steams full speed ahead of schedule. The quote by James Walsh below brings it home like gangbusters.

“Immigrants devoted to their own cultures and religions are not influenced by the secular politically correct façade that dominates academia, news-media, entertainment, education, religious and political thinking today,” said James Walsh, former Associate General Counsel of the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service. “They claim the right not to assimilate, and the day is coming when the question will be how can the United States regulate the defiantly unassimilated cultures, religions and mores of foreign lands? Such immigrants say their traditions trump the U.S. legal system. Balkanization of the United States has begun.”

In the Newsweek article, we now watch while American Muslim girls are sent off to marry men 20 to 30 years older than themselves—to uphold the family honor. If not, they are killed by fathers, uncles and brothers.

New research shows how it happens in England and the United States

Frankly, I am astounded that the politically correct media giant Newsweek would publish a piece exposing the barbarism of Muslims in America. It’s usually hidden, suppressed and avoided at all costs. You can bet honor killings in Detroit, Michigan as well as female genital mutilation and other Muslim rituals are being covered up by Muslim law enforcement now dominating the city. It is happening in the United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, France, Belgium and Holland.

“Perhaps the most high-profile honor killing case in Britain has been the tragic 2006 killing of Banaz Mahmod,” said Goldberg. “Banaz entered into an arranged marriage at the age of 16 to a man who raped and beat her. Two years later, she fled the union and fell in love with another man. Enraged, her father and uncle, both Islamic Kurds, killed her and stuffed her body into a suitcase and buried it in a London garden.”

Before killing her, her two cousins and other Muslim men tortured, raped and beat her for breaking the family rules as to arranged marriages. The cousins, father and uncle now live in prison cells in London for their atrocities.

But it doesn’t stop there.

In the United States, in the past two years, over 3,000 cases of forced marriages have surfaced. Layli Miller-Muro, executive director of the Tahirih Justice Center, is trying to change that problem.

“We’ve already learned enough in the survey to tell us we’re just hitting the tip of the iceberg,” Miller-Muro said.

Forced marriages continue in most states of the Union where Muslims live. That includes Michigan, Iowa, California, New York, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Georgia, Colorado, Tennessee and Texas reported Goldberg.

One 16 year old girl attempted to escape her family after she rejected her arranged marriage. “My father said that he would behead me,” said the girl. “I’ll be considered dead by my family no matter what.”

“Other parents will take their children out of the country to marry them off—again, not an illegal practice,” said Goldberg. “In some cases, there has been clear violence or the threat of violence, which allows agencies to interfere, but in others, the pressure is financial or emotional.”

While the article in Newsweek touched only one aspect of Muslim rituals, it failed to address female genital mutilation, stoning, torture, rapes, multiple wives, killings of gays and subjugation of women to men’s power in America. While you can take the man out of the Islamic country, you cannot take the culture out of males used to brutally dominate their women.

While seven million Muslims call America home in 2011, another 10 million added will create horrific consequences as they instigate legalizing arranged marriages, female genital mutilation, honor killings and subjugation of women.

America faces difficult and dangerous realities in the future as it continues to add 75 million immigrants from the third world in the coming two decades.

Samuel Huntington wrote the best seller: Who Are We? He stated, “By 2001 Congress appropriated $446 million for bilingual programs, supplemented by huge amounts of state funding.” Ironically, so many legal and illegal immigrants find they don’t have to speak English because none of their friends speak it. Koreans, Vietnamese, Hmongs, Middle Easterners, Russians and dozens of other immigrants cannot speak English and will not invest in becoming Americans.

Thus, these new immigrants live in America, but they cannot speak, and do not think like Americans. What’s more, they could care less. No investment! They enclave themselves into separate groups. Los Angeles stands as a polyglot of seething anti-American bias by Mexicans and their children. One look at Detroit’s growing Muslim population portends what happened to Paris, France, London England and Amsterdam, Holland, i.e., complete separation from the host country by new immigrants.

Fox News, January 1, 2008 reported a Muslim honor killing in Garrett, Texas when a 12 year old girl and her sister called 911, screaming, “My dad shot me; I am dying.” She and her sister died before an ambulance arrived. Reason: father didn’t like them wearing western jeans and blouses. “Honor Killing in Texas” by Robert Spencer, 01/08/2008. “Amina Said, 18, and her sister Sarah, 17, smile happily in one widely circulating photo, and Amina is wearing what looks like a sweatshirt bearing the name “AMERICAN.” But their fate may have been the herald of a new, disquieting feature of the American landscape: honor killing. Amina and Sarah were shot dead in Irving, Texas, on New Year’s Day. Police are searching for their father, Yaser Abdel Said, on a warrant for capital murder.”

In Clayton County, Georgia, January 26, 2009, a Pakistani immigrant father, Chaudry Rashid strangled his daughter for not accepting his choice of a husband. She wanted a divorce. She was 14 when she died. “Man Accused Of Killing Daughter For Family Honor” by Jamie Tarabay of NPR. “Honor killings are old rites of murder within families, committed because of some perceived dishonor or shame. The United Nations estimates around 5,000 deaths occur each year — mostly of women, mostly in South Asia and the Middle East.”

In New York, February 16, 2009, FOX News, Joshua Rhett Miller reported, “The estranged wife of a Muslim television executive feared for her life after filing for divorce last month from her abusive husband,” her attorney said — and was found beheaded Thursday in his upstate New York television studio. Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37, was found dead on Thursday at the offices of Bridges TV in Orchard Park, N.Y., near Buffalo. Her husband, Muzzammil Hassan, 44, has reportedly been charged with second-degree murder. “She was very much aware of the potential ramification of her filing for divorce might have,” said attorney Elizabeth DiPirro, whose law firm represented Aasiya Hassan in the divorce proceeding. "But she wanted to proceed despite the potential for it to erupt."

Last year in Phoenix, Arizona, a Muslim father ran over his teenage child and killed her with his truck because she wore jeans. He screamed that she would pay for becoming too “Westernized.” “Honor Thy Father: A Muslim man in Phoenix "honor killed" his Americanized daughter” by Paul Rubin, March 31, 2010. Noor Almaleki was a twenty-year-old college student who had dreams of becoming a fashion model. (Source: River Front Times)

One has to wonder why he immigrated to America. American women are free to wear whatever they please whenever they please and marry whomever they please. What a concept! If he had stayed in Iraq, he would have been free to kill his wife or daughter because of the laws of the Koran—and get away with it. All male chauvinist pigs need to move to Muslim lands where they can enjoy total subjugation of their women and even kill them without pain of any consequences whatsoever.

Fact: 5,000 women suffer honor killings in the Middle East annually. (Source: Reuters News)

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty700.htm
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:40:47 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

2BeNoticed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:22:43 pm »

Lets be frank and true denying political correctness in these issues, if you want to **** and kill Islam is the religion of choice. Pedophilia is no issue in this religion despite the fact girls have died from punctured wombs, have medical disorders from early childbirth and a array of mental health issues........ This unfortunately has become the thrust of the NW()....Any man that would call a **** his brother has been given over to satan without question. This religion is the tool that is used to bring our time to it's end stop marveling at this. It is an necessity for the wrath of GOD to come to fruition.  Marvel at the fact that GOD chose you out of all of  his creation to be spared of his wrath, and granted repentance to Live as children of the most High. REPENTANCE is a A GIFT that comes from GOD be grateful to GOD that you are not swallowed by the delusion that GOD will send.
2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 2Ti 2:26 And [that] they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Praise GOD that we are counted worthy enough to bypass pedophilia, bypass delusion, **** and murder. Being given a heart to call on Jesus Christ with the mindset to keep the faith until our last breath. *Detour* When I think about the martyrs before us...we are getting off easy. I am a victim of electronic harassment I am beamed in my chest and legs everyday......I still think  I am getting off easy compared to those before me...I am far from perfect, but I will keep the faith till my very last breath...hear me?Huh I ain't taking the mark the world will have to kill me because Jesus Christ and God along with the Holy Ghost is the only Seal mark I want!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:41:37 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 05:58:58 pm »

Sharia Vigilante Street Justice in America

Posted By Nonie Darwish On September 27, 2011

About a year ago, I posted an Arabic language poem titled “Tears at the Heart of the Holocaust” on my website, ArabsForIsrael.com. The poem expressed its Arab author’s love for the Jewish people and his mourning over what happened to them in the Holocaust. The brave poet, Mr. Alaa Alsaegh, is an immigrant to the US from Iraq, who now lives in Missouri. Such poems did not sit well with the Muslim community, which caused Mr. Alsaegh to be alienated from it. He received threats because of his support for the Jewish people, was called an infidel and a traitor to Islam, but he continued with his writing of poems and did not take the threats too seriously.

Mr. Alsaegh, as well as Muslim critics and former Muslims who are accused of apostasy, are living under threats, but, lo and behold, if we dare to speak about our fears, we are immediately silenced and accused of being Islamophobes. The mainstream media insist that there is no need to fear Sharia or its enforcers in America and that we are exaggerating our plight from Islam. We are told that what happens in the Arab streets can never happen in the streets of America.

Tell that to Alsaegh, after the unthinkable happened to him, when on August 14, 2011 and in broad daylight and heavy traffic, he was viciously attacked on the streets of St. Louis, Missouri. According to Mr. Alsaegh, as he was driving at 10:30 in the morning on Compton St. near Park Ave., a small white car cut him off and hit his car, while another car stopped behind him. The occupants of the cars, some of whom wore security guard-type uniforms, quickly entered Alsaegh’s car, pointing a gun at him. They pushed his upper body down against the steering wheel, stabbed him and pulled off his shirt to expose his back. Then, with a knife, they carved the Star of David on his back while laughing as they recited his pro-Jewish poem. Mr. Alsaegh believes that the attackers could be Somalis, but he was not sure. After the attackers fled the scene, Mr. Alsaegh was surrounded by witnesses to the crime and was taken to the hospital. The photo representing this story was taken at the hospital.

After I learned of the attack on Mr. Alsaegh, I did not want to rush to judgment and waited until he told me that the FBI concluded that this was a hate crime. I believe that my article on this incident is the first to be reported in the media. This incident has been totally ignored by the mainstream media.

Why is it that attacks perpetrated by Muslims against Muslim infidels or honor crimes are ignored? Crimes done by Muslims against other Muslims who are considered apostates should alert the American public of what is coming to American streets if Muslims start increasing in numbers. The dirty little secret of Islamic hate and intolerance is clear from this story, and no one in the media cares to expose it and alert the American public.

This story strikes at the heart of what the American media establishment is trying to advocate when it comes to Islam — that it is somehow a religion of peace and that those who criticize jihad and Islamic Jew-hatred are “Islamophobes.”

Are we going to call Mr. Alsaegh and those of us who have had similar threats “Islamophobes“?  Are American media outlets covering up Islamic atrocities not only in the Middle East, but also in America? We former Muslims are putting our lives on the line to tell America that we are all in danger from the Islamic doctrines of jihad and Sharia, but few are listening, and our own media and politicians are calling us Islamophobes. Is that the America I love?

Mr. Alsaegh is now scared to death and wants to move away to another state where he can live and write anonymously. He is now left with the hospital emergency room bill to take care of.

I have been personally attacked recently by the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and was listed by the government of Iran, together with others, as a threat. Such threats should never be taken lightly.

As to those who defend Sharia as “nothing to be scared of,” I say, welcome to Sharia vigilante street justice in the streets of America.

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/09/27/sharia-vigilante-street-justice-in-america/2/
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 06:29:53 am »

Murders, beheadings and bombings – over this?

Want action, dangers, the thrill of the chase? Forget about parachuting into war zones or joining the CIA and just draw a few cartoons. The new focus for the 21st millennium veers sharply toward intellectual oppression, as fascist control freaks arm to combat human expression itself.

Muslim extremists have been particularly busy in this regard, as the list of threatened or even murdered artists, performers and writers grows throughout the world. They've done a bang-up job of it too, as they've managed to obtain their ends in many areas of the globe.

Rampant misogyny, violence and lack of human rights are rife throughout the Muslim world but are suddenly forbidden territory for artists and commentators in free countries. Thanks to cowardice and political correctness of those in high places or those who wish to get there, extremists have virtually silenced all criticism of Islamic culture in the arts. Virtually anyone working for the state, universities, public schools and many private corporations, has to watch their step and mind their manners lest the ax next fall on them.

This is an era when "offending" may cost your job, fines or even your life.

Here is an incomplete list in roughly chronological order, of victims of Muslim aggression in the arts since 1977. It's depressingly long:

1977: 12 African-American gunmen identified as Muslims seize buildings in Washington, D.C., to stop screening of the film "Mohammad, Messenger of God," thinking it portrayed images of Mohammad and seeking the release of prisoners.

RESULTS: Two people were killed, others injured and 149 people taken hostage.

1988: French singer Véronique Sanson receives death threats from Muslims, in reaction to her song "Allah."

RESULTS: She apologized, removed the song from performances and needed police protection for a time.

1989: British author Salman Rushdie receives fatwa (death sentence) from Ayatollah Khomeini for "blaspheming against Islam" in his novel "The Satanic Verses."

RESULTS: Rushdie is still hiding 22 years later; Japanese translator of "The Satanic Verses," Hitoshi Igarashi, murdered in 1991; Ettore Capriolo, Italian translator, stabbed in 1991 but survived; William Nygaard, Norwegian publisher, barely survived assassination attempts in 1993. He defiantly went on to publish other books on Islam; 37 people murdered in attempt to kill Turkish translator Aziz Nesin, who is beaten; The novel is illegal in all Muslim nations except Turkey.

1992 Poet Sadiq 'Abdul-Karim Malallah convicted of apostasy and blasphemy in Saudi Arabia.

RESULTS: Publicly beheaded in Al-Qatif.

1993: Algerian Poet and writer Youssef Sebti warned to cease criticism of Islamic extremists.

RESULT: Murdered by extremists, along with fellow Algerians Abdelkader Alloula, stage director, Ahmed Asselah, director of the Fine Arts Institute, and Rabah, son of Asselah.

1993: Deepika Thathaal (Deeyah), Norwegian singer and woman's' rights activist of Afghan-Pakistani background, creates a video in a bikini and comments on Islamic traditions such as honor killings.

RESULTS: Attempted kidnapping and forced to flee Norway at 16 because of harassment, attacks and death threats from the Islamic community.

1994: Designer Karl Lagerfeld and Chanel photograph Claudia Schiffer in a sexy dress with Arabic script, which was asserted to be part of the Koran.

RESULT: Chanel apologized and removed the dress from its collection, although the script was actually from Indian love poems. Other designers are fearful of using Arabic script.

1994: Naguib Mahfouz, an Egyptian writer and Nobel Prize winner, criticizes Khomeini and religious extremists.

RESULT: Mahfouz was stabbed in the neck and permanently disabled. He lived under constant protection until his death in 2006.

1994: Taslima Nasrin, a Bangladeshi ex-doctor turned author, arouses the great wrath of Muslims over her novel "Shame."

RESULTS: Riots and threats to release thousands of poisonous snakes unless she was executed. Lives in exile where she cannot practice medicine.

1998: Lounes Matoub becomes a popular Berber singer with pro-democracy, anti-Islamist and anti-government positions. RESULT: Murdered. Two men were convicted earlier this year for his killing.

1997: Israeli Tatyana Suskin makes a poster of Mohammad as a pig, touching off riots and general destruction by Palestinians.

RESULT: Prime Minister Netanyahu apologized for the incident, and Suskin received a 2 year prison sentence from Israeli courts for "harming religious sensitivities."

2000 "A'isha," a play about Mohammad's child wife by Moroccans, upsets some of the Muslim community.

RESULT: Imans "convinced" the Moroccans to cancel the Rotterdam performance.

2001 Afghanistan Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar issues an edict against un-Islamic graven images, which means all humans and animals.

RESULT: The Taliban destroyed all ancient statues with weapons, including two immense Buddhas, in Bamiyan Province.

2002: "Offense" is a 15th century fresco in a church with an image of Muhammad in hell. Italian police disrupt a plot related to Al-Qaida to destroy the Basilica of San Petronio in Bologna, Italy.

2002: Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist Doug Marlette's draws Muhammad on a Ryder truck with a nuclear rocket.

RESULT: Marlette received thousands of angry e-mails from Muslims accompanied by threats of death and mutilation.

2004: Theo van Gogh produces and directs the film "Submission," which criticizes the treatment of women in Islam and arouses great controversy in the Islamic community. Theo was related to Vincent van Gogh.

RESULT: Mohammad Bouyeri murdered Van Gogh by shooting him eight times and attempting to decapitate him. He also left a note pinned to his body which threatened Western nations, Jews and the writer Aayan Hirsi Ali.

2004-2011 Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Somali born Dutch writer and politician and critic of Islam, writes "Submision" film script.

RESULTS: Receives death threats and goes into hiding permanently. Writes many books about her experiences and receives awards. Lives secretly in the U.S. and Netherlands and works for think tank "American Enterprise Institute".

2005: Rachid Ben Ali, a Moroccan Dutch artist, appears on the cover of a homosexual magazine after his 2002 art exhibit was critical of Islamic extremists and roused their wrath in the Netherlands.

RESULT: Death threats on the street and forced seclusion. Politician Ahmed Aboutaleb supported him and was also threatened. Ben Ali has shown his work again but avoids Islamic commentary.

2008: Shabana Rehman, a Pakistani born comedian in Norway, offends Muslims with jokes about suicide bombers, abuse and circumcision, posing ****, harassing men, kissing women and threatening to burn a Koran onstage.

RESULTS: Death threats and her sister's café is shot up, among other things. Rehman is still alive and considered a very influential figure in Norway.

2005-2011: An ongoing uproar erupts when Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten commissions 12 cartoonists to draw Mohammad. Most are respectful, a few aren't.

RESULTS: An Islamic cleric offers $250,000 for the cartoonists' death; The United Nations, European Union and others pressure legal action; Ambassadors are recalled, boycotts and demonstrations occur; Danes, Swedes and Belgians are threatened worldwide and Palestinians threaten and kidnap westerners.; Jyllands-Posten apologizes but threats continue; Roman Catholic leaders and others apologize; Many artists are forced to hide and threatened personally; In 2008, Kurt Westergaard's picture of Mohammad with bomb/turban incites the most hate; Three Muslims arrested planning to murder Westergaard; In 2010, a Somali Muslim enters his home but Westergaard escapes while police shoot the armed intruder.

2007: Lars Vilks, Swedish artist, draws a dog with the head of Mohammad to create debate over free speech. Galleries wouldn't touch it, but newspaper Nerikes Allehanda published a drawing.

RESULTS: Death threats; The prime minister of Sweden grovels before ambassadors from 22 Muslim nations in apology; A $15,000 price is put on Vilks' head; Vilks lives in hiding; In 2010, several attempts are made to kill Vilks; The first suicide bombing in Sweden strikes, over his cartoons; Vilks is assaulted while he ironically lectures on free speech; An attempt on Vilks' life at Göteborg Biennial is made in Sweden on Sept. 11, 2011.

2007: Bangladeshi Arifur Rahman is arrested over a cartoon cat named Muhammad.

RESULTS: Militant Islamists demand his execution over blasphemy, newspapers are burnt and Rahman and editors are threatened.

2008: "Surrend," a group show of Danish artists at a Berlin Gallery, includes satirical pictures of both Jewish and Muslim subjects and ideological conflicts, and one photo of the Kaaba, in Mecca.

RESULTS: Aggressive verbal attacks and threats. Gallery shuts down completely and needs police protection.

2008: Gregorius Nekschot, a Dutch cartoonist and collaborator with murdered Theo van Gogh, creates a personal website critical of Islamic radicals with cartoons.

RESULTS: He is arrested, his house searched by ten policemen, and computer and art work confiscated. Also interrogated and forced to remove cartoons from his personal website at the request of the public prosecutor for being discriminatory to Muslims. This is done in Europe, not, say, Somalia.

2009: Egypt's top comedian and actor, Adel Imam, offends famous Muslim televangelist Khalid Al Guindy, with his jokes and movies.

RESULTS: A call for his assassination – or fatwa – came from Algeria after Imam criticized the Palestinian terror group, Hamas.

2009-2011: Nike inadvertently "offends" Muslims over a logo that resembled Arabic for "Allah" but was intended to be fire.

RESULT: The Council on American-Islamic Relations harassed them until they withdrew items from the market and agreed to erect 3 playgrounds for Islamic groups in the U.S. so no one would protest, riot, etc.

2008: British artist Sarah Maple (of Muslim descent) paints a woman in a headscarf holding a pig and explores gender and sexuality in the Islamic community.

RESULT: Gallery windows smashed, death threats.

2007: Sooreh Hera (pseudonym), an Iranian exile in Netherlands, photographs homosexual men wearing masks of Mohammad as a commentary on married men having affairs with other men in Islamic countries. She also creates images of clerics among naked men.

RESULTS: Death threats, forced to remove museum exhibit and go into hiding.

2008: Karen Swenholt from Virginia creates a 9-foot statue in memory of 9/11 victims off a highway and was left threatening notes that appeared to come from radical Muslims, which she calls "Taliban notes."

RESULTS: She was forced to remove the statue. Swenholt reported it as a hate crime, but police told her it wouldn't work "because she was an American."

2008: Paul McCartney schedules a concert in Israel.

RESULTS: Threats from Islamic militants, including Omar Bakri Muhammad, who said, "If he values his life, Mr. McCartney must not come to Israel." Mr. McCartney was unfazed and went on with the concert.

2008: Wikipedia is pressured to remove depictions of Mohammad from their website.

RESULTS: Wikipedia has not reacted to a petition drive to stop them and does not intend on changing their entry.

2009: Jytte Klausen, author of Yale Press's, "Cartoons That Shook the World," is pressured to remove many cartoons although they are the subject of the book.

RESULT: Yale press gives in to pressure and pulls images of Mohammad and others on advice from counterterrorism experts, waning that the cartoons may "incite violence."

2010: Producers of "South Park" offend Muslims by depicting Mohammad in a bear costume.

RESULTS: After many threats, they subsequently removed any reference to Mohammad.

2010: Seattle artist Molly Norris has a great idea. "Everyone Draw Mohammad Day" will defuse problems started by the "South Park" episode and support free speech. A Facebook campaign goes viral with 32 events and 11,000 people planned to participate.

RESULTS: Norris receives death threats and is on a hit list. Facebook is banned in Pakistan. The FBI helpfully suggests she go into hiding and change her name. She no longer has a career.

2010: Jakub Rene Kosik, DJ and musician from Poland, releases "Mekka," which has a background of a Muslim prayer.

RESULTS: Overnight, Kosik receives 300 threats, including some from Muslim children, saying, "Die, dog." Kosik apologized to each email personally and had to remove the song.

2010: Lyricist Javed Akhtar, a non-Muslim from India, states his contempt for recent fatwas against working women by religious leaders.

RESULTS: Akhtar received many death threats and was told to apologize. He pronounced the muftis "insane."

2010: Famed sculptor Nyoman Nuarta creates a huge sculpture, "Tiga Mojang" (Three Women) in Indonesia. The number "three" (such as the Trinity) and female forms make the work of art controversial there.

RESULTS: It was torn down by a mob of angry Islamic fundamentalists.

2011: The Metropolitan Museum in New York City is about to reopen its Islamic art section.

RESULTS: The Met quietly removes all images of the prophet Mohammad for fear of upsetting anyone.

2011: The controversial documentary, "Iranium," is banned in Ottawa, Canada, due to pressure from Iran.

RESULTS: The film is shown anyway, in Ottawa and York University in Toronto.

2011: David Letterman jokes about terrorists on the "Late Show."

RESULTS: A jihadist website posts threats urging Muslims to kill Letterman and that "his tongue deserves to be cut."

2011: Australian glass artist Sergio Redegalli paints the outer wall of his studio with an anti-burka message. He believes in women's rights and views the veil as repressive and extreme.

RESULTS: Redegalli is besieged and threatened by Muslims and leftists (who for some reason wish to keep woman in burkas). He is labeled a "racist" and had to repaint his wall 40 times due to graffiti damage and paint bombs.

There are other instances of artists being harassed or worse, but we have finite space here. The point, I think is made: Radical Islamicists are pressuring and threatening the art community on all sides and much of it has given in.

It's easy to condemn artists and gallery owners in these cases, but they face very real repercussions. In Islamic countries and even in much of Europe, the legal system and authorities are not exactly on their side. I congratulate artists such as Sergio Redegalli, Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Paul McCartney, who stand their ground for us all in this epic battle between cultural terrorists and artistic freedom.

Read more: Murders, beheadings and bombings – over this? http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=349513#ixzz1ZL9AyCLb
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 07:48:50 am »

Baby born out of wedlock must be adopted - to save her from honour killing by her own Muslim family

Unmarried mother ran away after becoming pregnant because she feared what her father would do

One-year-old baby girl will be adopted by Muslim family

Natural father wanted child to live with him and his wife

A baby girl born out of wedlock must be adopted to save her from the risk of being slaughtered in an ‘honour killing’, a court ruled yesterday.

If the unmarried Muslim woman’s father found out about the child, he would feel such ‘unimaginable shame’ he could unleash a vengeful bloodbath by killing the baby and his whole family, three senior judges agreed.

So they made the extraordinary order to have the one-year-old girl – known as Baby Q – adopted for her own safety.

She will now grow up with adoptive parents and, when she is older, they will explain to her why she could not have been brought up by her biological parents.

It is believed to be the first time an English court has ordered an adoption to prevent a murder.

The baby’s maternal grandmother told police that if her husband ever found out about the little girl, ‘he would consider himself honour-bound to kill the child, the mother, the grandmother herself and the grandmother’s other children’, the court heard.

The identities of all those involved have been kept anonymous to ensure the girl can grow up safe from her apparently murderous grandfather – who still has no idea his daughter was ever pregnant.

REST: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2077115/Baby-born-Muslim-mother-affair-adopted-safe-honour-killing-attempts.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:50:25 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 05:40:18 am »

Islamic 'Honor Violence' Rising in the West

BARCELONA, LONDON, and PARIS -  As Muslims migrate to the West, and more Muslim young people adopt Western ways, honor violence is increasing.

Warning: this report contains some disturbing scenes that should not be viewed by children.

• A Canadian woman was strangled by her father because she refused to wear a headscarf.

• An Italian had her throat slit by her dad while she was held down by three uncles.

• An American woman was run over by her father in his Jeep Cherokee.

• Two sisters were shot by their father in a New York taxi.

They were all the victims of honor violence. They may have defied the wishes of their parents, or adopted Western ways, or tried to leave Islam.

They did something that, in the eyes of their families, brought shame and dishonor.

So they were killed. Many were tortured first.

Honor Killing on the Rise

The precise number of honor attacks worldwide is unknown because many are not reported, or are reported as accidents or suicides. But one new report said 3,000 honor attacks were committed in Britain last year alone.

Norwegian activist Hege Storhaug left journalism to devote her life to helping the victims of honor violence after doing a story about a Norwegian girl who was forced to marry her cousin from Pakistan.

"I was astonished when she said, 'My parents were willing to kill me if I didn't enter this marriage, to protect their own honor," Storhaug said.

Storhaug showed us graphic photos of Pakistani women who had acid thrown in their faces by their husbands' family because they did not bring a big enough dowry to the marriage.

Storhaug said the families then typically say the woman had been burned on a hot stove:

"A mother-in-law was sitting at the bedside, guarding the tongue of the young woman so she didn't tell the truth about how she was burned, and it was the family who did it," she explained. "And the faces of those mothers-in-law…there was no empathy, no compassion."

Women in Danger

Although honor violence is sometimes committed by Hindus and Sikhs, it is usually a Muslim on Muslim crime. One study found that 91 percent of honor killings were committed by Muslims.

Women who break with traditional Islam often face grave danger:

CBN News interviewed one young woman who came to study in Paris after growing up in a Muslim nation.

Because she rejected Islam and Islamic rules about women, she told us that the only way she could ever safely return to her homeland is if she were to pretend to be a traditional, submissive Muslim woman.

"For them a person who goes out of the sect or the community or the group is a traitor. I would be safe if I played the game," she explained.

"You have to apologize for everything and say, 'Yes, I am coming back to slavery. I want to be a slave again. I am a slave and happy to be a slave,'" she said. "This is how it works."

Activist Gina Khan in Britain has been a national spokeswoman against honor violence and Islamic radicalism. Khan left an abusive arranged marriage and had to move to a secret location because of threats.

"You're at risk, if you speak out," Khan said. "You can be attacked. I'm aware of that. But there comes a time when silence becomes a guilt, a sin."

Leaving Islam, Losing All

When a Muslim decides to leave Islam, the situation can range from complicated to deadly. Some are so burned out on the idea of "God" that they want nothing to do with religion for the rest of their lives.

At a Spanish church for ex-Muslims, the congregation is small, in part, because the pastor says there is so much social control within Muslim communities in Europe that leaving Islam simply is not an option many Muslims take seriously.

The pastor, who did not want his identity revealed, said many Muslims fear losing everything if they convert to Christianity.

He said the mentality is: "'I have my community and I have to integrate and belong, and I cannot leave that.'

"So I've found that they don't have in their minds the option of being Christians," he said.

No Happy Life

And honor violence is only a part of the enormous control that Islamic belief exerts over the minds of women and young people.

After years of Western governments denying that honor violence was a problem, laws are now being passed to stop it.

But within Muslim communities in Europe and America, women often still do not have full rights and their lives are still at risk.

The young former Muslim woman in Paris told us that in Islam, "Women are treated as half human. Legally speaking they are minors their whole life."

But are those women still somehow happy?

"No,"she said. "Have you seen their faces? They are miserable. When you don't live in freedom you are miserable."

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2012/January/Islamic-Honor-Violence-Rising-in-the-West/
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:42:09 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 04:22:07 am »

Islamic parents found guilty of murdering daughters

A jury on Sunday found an Afghan father, his wife and their son guilty of killing three teenage sisters and a co-wife in what the judge described as "cold-blooded, shameful murders" resulting from a "twisted concept of honor."

The jury took 15 hours to find Mohammad Shafia, 58; his wife Tooba Yahya, 42; and their son Hamed, 21, each guilty of four counts of first-degree murder in a case that shocked and riveted Canadians from coast to coast.

First-degree murder carries an automatic life sentence with no chance of parole for 25 years.

After the verdict was read, the three defendants again declared their innocence in the killings of sisters Zainab, 19, Sahar 17, and Geeti, 13, as well as Rona Amir Mohammad, 52, Shafia's childless first wife in a polygamous marriage.

Their bodies were found June 30, 2009, in a car submerged in a canal in Kingston, Ontario, where the family had stopped for the night on their way home to Montreal from Niagara Falls, Ontario.

rest: http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=1525482
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: