End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 05:29:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Ugandan president repents of personal, national sins

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ugandan president repents of personal, national sins  (Read 669 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2012, 05:10:10 am »

Ugandan president repents of personal, national sins
'We confess idolatry, witchcraft, political hypocrisy, dishonesty, intrigue'

Should a president lead citizens in a national prayer of repentance?

Uganda’s Christian president believes so.

The Ugandan newssite New Vision reports President Yoweri Museveni celebrated Uganda’s 50th anniversary of independence from Britain at the National Jubilee Prayers event by publicly repenting of his personal sin and the sins of the nation.

“I stand here today to close the evil past, and especially in the last 50 years of our national leadership history and at the threshold of a new dispensation in the life of this nation. I stand here on my own behalf and on behalf of my predecessors to repent. We ask for your forgiveness,” Museveni prayed.

“We confess these sins, which have greatly hampered our national cohesion and delayed our political, social and economic transformation. We confess sins of idolatry and witchcraft which are rampant in our land. We confess sins of shedding innocent blood, sins of political hypocrisy, dishonesty, intrigue and betrayal,” Museveni said.

“Forgive us of sins of pride, tribalism and sectarianism; sins of laziness, indifference and irresponsibility; sins of corruption and bribery that have eroded our national resources; sins of sexual immorality, drunkenness and debauchery; sins of unforgiveness, bitterness, hatred and revenge; sins of injustice, oppression and exploitation; sins of rebellion, insubordination, strife and conflict,” Museveni prayed.

Next, the president dedicated Uganda to God.

“We want to dedicate this nation to you so that you will be our God and guide. We want Uganda to be known as a nation that fears God and as a nation whose foundations are firmly rooted in righteousness and justice to fulfill what the Bible says in Psalm 33:12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. A people you have chosen as your own,” Museveni prayed.

Uganda won its independence from Britain Oct. 8, 1962. Resistance leader Milton Obote was the country’s first prime minister.

Massachusetts pastor and activist Rev. Scott Lively believes Museveni is a model for other national leaders.

“The Museveni prayer is a model for all Christian leaders in the world. The leaders of the West have declined in proportion to their degree of rejection of God,” Lively said.

Lively also believes Uganda will rise as a major African power as America continues to decline. He uses Britain as an example.

“Britain was at its height as a world power when it honored God as the Ugandan president has just done. America’s greatness has similarly diminished as we have shifted from a Christian to a secular-humanist country. But watch now for Uganda to be blessed by God for their desire to be His,” Lively said.

Lively added that Museveni is definitely drawing a contrast between Uganda and the West.

“This incident is also important as a contrast to the picture being painted of Uganda by the godless left of a backwards, violent and savage culture intent on murdering homosexuals,” Lively said.

“On the contrary, Museveni is calmly and confidently setting the course of his nation by the guidance of the Bible, in a way that also shows great courage and resolve,” Lively said.

Homosexual activist groups have criticized the government of Uganda and Museveni for passing laws criminalizing homosexual behavior. A current bill before the Ugandan Parliament increases the jail sentences for homosexual acts and includes criminal penalties for those who encourage or promote homosexuality.

The bill had included the death penalty for those who commit multiple acts of homosexual behavior, but the provision has been removed, BBC News reports.

The government of Uganda could not be reached for comment on this story.

Lively said he didn’t agree with the death penalty provision but supports the nation’s strong stance against homosexual behavior.

While Museveni is being held as a model for Christian leaders, Dave Daubenmire, PT Salt Ministries’ president and founder and social commentator, said the problem for Western nations goes deeper than the political leaders.

The problem in the United States, he said, is the pastors.

“Sadly, I think our lack of repentance is the fault of the pulpit. Individual Christians are so awash in sin that they think politicians are merely better at sin than they are,” Daubenmire said.

“There is no fear of the Lord and we are getting essentially a two-kingdom message. We hear that the devil is the god of this world and that Jesus will even the score later,” Daubenmire said. “The problem is that most Christians are convinced that this world is in control of Satan and therefore are not interested in applying the kingdom principles for which Christ died.”

Daubenmire quoted Matthew 28:18, in which Jesus said, “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”

Christians, Daubenmire said, are exhorted later in the same chapter to go and make disciples of all nations.

“We are to teach them and baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,” he said. “All power in heaven and in earth belongs to Jesus. Unfortunately, most Christians don’t have the foggiest idea that He rules and reigns here and now, and that the kingdom principles that He taught us bring victory over evil wherever they are applied.”

He added that Christians too often play with sin.

“Since we do not hate sin anymore, we don’t demand repentance,” Daubenmire said.

He quoted British 17th century statesman Edmund Burke, who said, “The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.”

Daubenmire said that in America, “good men have yielded power to evil men.”

“Evil rules when evil men make the rules,” he said.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/ugandan-president-repents-of-personal-national-sins/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 05:13:07 am »

That was awesome!!!

2 Chron 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:16:24 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 11:43:40 am »

On the surface it sounds great. Anybody that humbles themsevles to the God of the bible is on the right track it would seem.

However, this guy is the leader of a country. I don't believe any born-again Christian would take on that role. That's Old Testament stuff. Scripture says that he that humbles himself shall be exhalted. What this guy has done is not what scripture is talking about. He needs to humble himself before Jesus Christ, and exhort his people to do the same, to repent and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I don't see where he mentions Jesus, just an OT verse. Even Jews quote the OT but that doesn't make them saved. And Mormons quote from the KJB, but are they saved? I think not, but that isn't up to me to decide. Heck, even Muslims pray to the God of Abraham, they think anyway.

Sorry for being rather sceptical, but this guy sounds like a "good cop" type leader after so many bad leaders there. Much easier to win the hearts of the masses if you play nice.

Now I would be impressed and feel there is sincerety if he had come out and condemned the world and it's leaders, exhorting them to repent and turn to Jesus because the end is near. If he started preaching the truth of the gospel, and called for a complete reform of his government to abiding by the standards of the New Testament, then he might be serious and legit. At this point, I have my doubts.

And by the way, one doesn't make public prayer, it's to be done in secret, in private, that God will reward you openly.

"Beloved, believe not every spirit..."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:49:27 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 01:25:40 pm »

I might be wrong on this, but I THINK Uganda is one of the African countries that is part of Rick Warren's Global P.E.A.C.E. Plan. Warren's Peace Plan has nothing to do with Jesus Christ of the bible, as we've discussed at length here.

Again, I have to look this one up again(but it will be later in the day), but I think that there's pictures of Warren and the Ugandan President arm in arm as well.

Yeah, I too was skeptical when I read this.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 03:39:57 pm »

Yes, Uganda IS under Warren's Peace Plan Umbrella! And it's the same President talked about in the OP!

Rick Warren Launches 'Purpose Driven' Plan in Uganda
3/31/08
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/rick-warren-launches-purpose-driven-plan-in-uganda-31752/#ZUTOtsW01IgWH5a8.99
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 05:02:50 pm »

yeah Rick Warren targeting poor Ugandans, these false teachers love to prey on the weak
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 12:42:52 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/rare-move-uganda-leader-publicly-tests-hiv-112548521.html
11/8/13
In rare move, Uganda leader publicly tests for HIV

KAMPALA, Uganda (AP) — Uganda's president tested for HIV in public on Friday to encourage millions of untested people to check their status, a critical step to stemming the spread of the virus in the East African country.

Public leaders rarely test for HIV in public in Uganda, despite recommendations from health workers that it would set a good example in a country that has seen HIV infection rates increasing. Uganda was once a global leader in efforts to fight AIDS.

Not all government officials at the Friday event in the capital, Kampala, joined the president in testing.

Ugandan officials have said they want to test 15 million people by the end of 2014. They acknowledge it will be hard to reach that target, the reason they want the president to be a "role model."

"Therefore, all Ugandans, test (for HIV). Find out your status and let the state and health workers manage you accordingly," said President Yoweri Museveni.

The HIV rate in Uganda stands at 7.3 percent, up from 6.4 percent in 2005, according to a 2011 survey by Uganda's Ministry of Health. Ugandan officials who presided over its reduction from 18 percent in 1992 to 6.4 percent in 2005 say they are confounded by the increase.

Ugandans health officials say more married couples are getting infected, in part because of what campaigners have dubbed a "sexual network" in which married Ugandans maintain secret lovers. One billboard in Kampala urges couples to "put your love to the test" by testing for HIV.

Museveni and his wife are "leading by example in a bid to roll back the HIV epidemic in Uganda," the Uganda AIDS Commission, the local body tasked with fighting AIDS, said, though the first lady did not attend the event where Museveni was tested.

Experts say HIV testing is critical to preventing new infections because those who know their status are less likely to engage in risky sexual behavior. But getting people to test for HIV has proved difficult in Uganda, where rampant stigma persists and where thousands get infected each year.

The rise in new infections is stretching the ability of Uganda's government and donors to provide HIV and AIDS treatment. More than 500,000 Ugandans need AIDS treatment, many accessing it through the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, or PEPFAR.

If Ugandans reach their testing goal, at least 400,000 more people will likely be in need of AIDS treatment, according to Musa Bungudu, the Uganda coordinator for the United Nations' AIDS agency.

Uganda once earned a global reputation for successfully putting in place a policy called ABC: Abstain, be faithful, or use condoms. Students of a certain generation were shown videos of the devastating toll of AIDS on the human body, and then told to postpone the first act of intercourse. But critics of Uganda's policy to fight AIDS say the country recently has focused more on treatment rather than prevention.

Uganda's government now has added male circumcision to the plan to fight HIV and AIDS, in response to studies showing the procedure reduces the risk among African men of getting HIV in half.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 07:49:17 am »

Uganda's government now has added male circumcision to the plan to fight HIV and AIDS, in response to studies showing the procedure reduces the risk among African men of getting HIV in half.

Huh what? that is a bold faced lie. having foreskin or not having foreskin, will not stop you from getting aids. the only preventive measure is to not have sex with an infected person. that is just so stupid. I can’t even believe that is in a news article at all. what’s next bleeding? ya if we drain a quart of your blood that will suck all those bad vapors and humors right out of ya...  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:34:32 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:12 am »

Exactly, circumcision has nothing to do with AIDS.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 09:26:57 am »

Romans 2:25  For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
Rom 2:26  Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27  And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

1Cor 7:19  Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Galatians 5:6  For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: