End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:35:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Zombie Phenomenon Examined

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Zombie Phenomenon Examined  (Read 2899 times)
McChristian
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 06:14:51 pm »

Before I got saved, I was obsessed with movies - but never had any interest in these zombie movies.

Yes! I wasn't quite obsessed with movies, more of obsessed with a few genres of movies, but I too had no real interest in zombie movies.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 06:56:22 am »

“Zombie Attack” Count Reaches 34 After Arm Biting in Florida

Another incident of human flesh-eating brings the count up to 34 since the first attack by Alexander Kinyua on May 25th about a month ago.

This latest incident occurred on Thursday in Palmetto, Fla., when 26-year-old Charles Baker got naked and bit off some of Jeffery Blake’s arm, including a large chunk of bicep.  Blake, 48, was still being attacked when police arrived to rescue him.

Authorities say Baker was at his girlfriend’s home on 25th St in Palmetto to visit his children when he attacked Blake.  Officers deployed electronic control devices three times, but they did not effect Baker.  However, he was eventually subdued by multiple officers.

Baker was taken to Manatee Memorial Hospital for testing and then transported to jail.

One of the most gruesome attacks so far in this string of incidents was when when Carl Jacquneaux a 43-year-old Louisiana man was arrested for biting off part of another man’s face during an attack on June 6th, according to the Lafayette Parish assistant police chief Kert Thomas.

Todd Credeur was working in his front yard when Jacquneaux appeared and attacked him, chewing off some of his face. “During the attack, the suspect bit a chunk of the victim’s face,” said Thomas.

Officials continue to be concerned about the epidemic of “zombie behavior” but deny rumors that these instances might be related, or that there could be a virus responsible for the rash of cases.

Paul Standford of the Federal Emergency Task Force warned that there is a hoax email that is circulating on the internet that reads:

I have been hearing about a so called virus known as LQP-79 that started in miami [sic] with a homeless man. its supposedly a virus that causes brain deterioration and led the man to become canabalistic [sic]. It is also said to be highly contagious leading people to believe it will cause some kind of zombie apocalypse.
Standford stated that people should be advised that this email is false and urged, “if you receive the email you should delete it without forwarding it to anyone else.” According to Standford there is no LQP-79 virus.

Another high profile attack involved a student in Maryland who allegedly admitted to eating his roommate’s brain and heart and stashing the rest of the remains in a dumpster behind a church in Joppatowne.

Alexander Kinyua, a 21-year-old Morgan State University student, told detectives that he had killed Kujoe Bonsafo Agyei-Kodie, who was reported missing Friday, May 25th, and then eaten his heart and portions of his brain. Agyei-Kodie’s severed head and hands were found in the men’s Harford County home.

The first reported attack in this macabre wave occurred in Miami, Fla on May 23rd, when a naked 31-year-old Rudy Eugene stripped a homeless man, Ronald Poppo, 65, and then tore at and ate Poppo’s face for almost 20 minutes while traffic drove by on the busy MacArthur Causeway.

Eugene was shot and killed by Miami Police officer Jose Rivera, while he was still devouring Poppo.

In addition to this most recent attack of Jeffery Blake in Florida, there have been 4 other attacks in Florida, 2 attacks in Maryland, 7 in New York, 1 in New Jersey, 3 in Georgia, 2 in South Carolina, 3 in North Carolina, 4 in Tennessee, 4 in Virginia, 1 in Delaware and 2 in Louisiana within the last month.

http://vineoflife.net/2013/06/12/waring-not-against-flesh-blood-but-that-hurt/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2013, 01:04:19 pm »

Demons running around out of control. And I believe they'll get worse as the time gets shorter.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 09:31:02 am »

Two Zombie Attacks in Texas In Two Days,Man eats family dog alive- Zombie Plague Spreads

On Saturday June 22, 2013 a man who’s friends said he was high on synthetic pot went wild and crazy. He stripped off his clothes and ran around the house on his all fours like an animal growling and screaming. At one point one of his friends locked the back glass screen door when the man went outside and the man screamed and then leaped through the locked screen door through the glass in the upper part of the door. He cut his chest and legs badly and was bleeding badly. He was scooping up his own blood with his hands and pushing it into his own mouth eating it.

His friends terrier dog came into the kitchen and the screaming man beat the dog down with his fists and then tore it apart and ate it hair and all. Before the police and paramedics arrived on the scene the man had consumed most of the little terrier dog.

The police had to use tazzers on the man to finally bring him under control. They strapped him down to a stretcher and transported him to the mental ward of a local hospital in Houston Texas. They said the man had lost a good deal of blood from his self inflicted injuries and a police spokesman said that no one should smoke synthetic pot because it appears the product is really driving some people over the edge. He identified the man as 33 year old Michael Daniels of Houston Texas.

Second Zombie Attack Sunday June 23 , 2013, Houston Texas

This is real. Yes let me state that for the record. Something serious is going on and it appears it can be traced to the synthetic pot that some people are smoking.

Police were called to a house on the south side of Houston Texas early on Sunday morning and they found a scene right out of a horror movie. The first officiers on the scene said that Otty Sanchez a Mexican Female and a citizen of Mexico was setting on the couch with her throat slashed and bad cuts to her hands and arms. She was screaming and when they finally figured it out she was saying she had killed and eaten part of her 18 month old little boy. A search of the bedroom confirmed this. Police were also able to figure out that the knife wounds on the woman were self inflicted and that some of them were really bad knife wounds.

The womans husband was finally located hiding at a neighbors house. He said his wife and her friends had been smoking synthetic pot and that it always drove her crazy but this time she went totally over the edge.

The woman was transported to the same mental ward at a local hospital where the man from Saturdays Zombie attack had been taken. On Sunday afternoon the Houston Police Chief said that the synthetic pot was driving people crazy and that everyone should avoid it. He said that Otty Sanchez had been placed in a medically induced coma and that she would be in surgery for a number of hours on Sunday afternoon. He was asked if there had been other zombie attacks but he refused to answer this question. He said that there would be an update on Monday or earlier if anything happened to either Sanchez or Daniels. He said both were expected to recover fully from their injuries but refused to comment about what type of criminal charges would be filed against either of them in the future. And we will be sure to come back here and update when there is more to the story released by the Houston Texas Police Department.

http://countdowntozerotime.com/2013/06/27/two-zombie-attacks-in-texas-in-two-daysman-eats-family-dog-alive-zombie-plague-spreads/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 12:06:40 pm »

During my unsaved days in the 1990's, I remember seeing this wickedness in Hollywood movies. I also remember it came to a point where the average crowd in a movie theater watching this stuff would just laugh at it.

Even despite all of this, I never would have imagined people would be doing these horrific things in real life.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 12:15:13 pm »

"Behold, I have told you before." Matthew 24:25 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2013, 02:49:19 am »

FEMA: Zombie UFO Crash Disaster Full-Scale Exercise Idaho 27th April 2013!?, page 1

go

Pages: <<  1    2    3    4  >>
ATS Members have flagged this thread 13 times Topic started on 6-3-2013 @ 12:46 PM by Arken
What kind of full-scale exercise is this? Really? According David Lory VanDerBeek, candidate for governor of Nevada in 2014, this is absolutely real and not a joke. This is a REAL FEMA DRILL scheduled for “Saturday April 27th 2013 9:00am to 5:00pm” in Moscow, Idaho involving 100 participants. And There are two scenarios.....
nevadagovernor2014.com...
Zombie UFO Crash Disaster Full-Scale Exercise UPDATE 03-03-2013 1:16 PST: After I posted this article this morning, FEMA PULLED THE EVENT DOWN replacing it with a statement that the information is now “only available to coalition members.” Having foreseen this I took screen shots of the event, so that I could preserve the record. You will see the screen shots at the bottom of this article. COPY THOSE SCREEN SHOTS AND SEND THEM VIRAL.

YouTube Link

This message from me is not to incite fear or panic. I’ve contacted the person Sandy Rollins ‘srollins@latah.id.us’ listed for the drill in the event with the following message:

Hello Ms. Rollins,

I am the leading candidate for governor of Nevada in 2014. nevadagovernor2014.com...

You are the contact for this page on Fema.gov:

community.fema.gov...

Because this drill is supported by federal funds paid by the taxes of the US people including the citizens of Nevada, you are required to provide the public with precise information about your activities in this drill. I expect you to respond within the week with an email with the detailed information regarding the two scenarios mentioned. I also expect the email and phone number of your immediate supervisor. Whether or not you cooperate, I will be reporting your response or lack thereof to the nation on my television show and youtube channel.

Thank you,

David Lory VanDerBeek

702-274-1571
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2013, 10:05:40 pm »

There seems to be a growing number of tv ads with zombie characters in it.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2013, 10:50:25 pm »

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/10/28/man-was-hallucinating-talking-about-zombies-before-fatal-shooting-in-yorba-linda/
10/28/13
Man Was ‘Hallucinating,’ Talking About ‘Zombies’ Before Fatal Shooting In Yorba Linda

YORBA LINDA (CBSLA.com) — An intruder fatally shot by a Yorba Linda homeowner was intoxicated, “hallucinating” and talking about “zombies” and a gun, authorities said Monday.

Paul Michael Bracamontes, 22, of Fullerton, was shot after breaking through a sliding glass door in the 5100 block of Wendover Road about 3:15 a.m. Sunday, Orange County sheriff’s Lt. Jeff Hallock said.

Sheriff’s deputies did not identify the homeowner, who did not know Bracamontes, he said.

Considering Bracamontes’ “bizarre” behavior, the shooting appears to be justified, Hallock said. The case will be turned over to the Orange County District Attorney’s Office for routine review.

The results of the coroner’s drug tests could take up 12 weeks, Hallock said.

Court records show Bracamontes was charged with public intoxication, a misdemeanor, in January, but the case was dismissed in April.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2013, 06:57:20 am »

the shooting appears to be justified, Hallock said. The case will be turned over to the Orange County District Attorney’s Office for routine review.

Yeah well, it's California and the DA hasn't gotten the case yet! With the way California is about guns, the guy just might be charge with mass murder and genocide or something.  Roll Eyes

I'm not convinced it will go well for the shooter in that state.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2013, 07:59:52 pm »

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/the-rise-of-zombie-weddings--why-do-love-and-death-mix--202605305.html
The Rise of Zombie Weddings: Why Do Love and Death Mix?
10/29/13

An Ohio couple took the notion of “til death do us part” very seriously by tying the knot in a zombie-themed wedding.

Tina and David Fox, both fans of the television show “The Walking Dead,” wed Saturday in their hometown of Circleville in a zombie-themed ceremony. Tina, a 48-year-old hairdresser, wore a long, white thrift-store gown, which she streaked with fake blood; carried an orange and white floral bouquet; and painted gashes on her face with costume makeup. Groom David, a 49-year-old sales representative for Frito-Lay, meanwhile, donned a tuxedo stained with fake blood and bore facial bruises.

The couple staggered down the aisle to the tune of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” while their guests (also dressed as zombies) cheered them on. Even their priest got into the scary spirit, performing the ceremony while decked out with faux scars and bloody gashes. After the nuptials, guests filed into the couple’s barn where they dined on chili (“It was the grossest-looking meal we could think of,” Tina tells Yahoo Shine) surrounded by glass jars of floating heads purchased from a local beauty school. Later, everyone enjoyed a cake topped with hand-painted zombie figurines.

“A client of mine knew we loved 'The Walking Dead' so she suggested that we throw a zombie wedding,” says Tina. “We loved the idea so we went for it.”

David’s son, Michael, told Chillicothe Gazette that he thought David and Tina were “a little crazy” after learning their plans. “But now I’m glad they did because this is the most fun at a wedding I’ve ever had in my entire life,” he told the paper. “I don’t feel like I have to conform to any social expectations of a wedding, and I’m having fun.”

These days, the notion of a classic, traditional wedding seems quaint, if not completely obsolete. Whether it’s the proposal, engagement photos, or nuptials, couples are getting more creative with their wedding plans. According to a recent study conducted by the wedding website TheKnot, 24 percent of couples threw a theme wedding in 2012, a small but significant spike from 2011). And the “horror wedding,” a trend hooked on the popularity of television shows such as The Walking Dead, the film “World War Z,” zombie burger joints, and zombie survival camp for children, is more popular than ever.

“Weddings are becoming more personalized and inventive, almost like mini-Hollywood productions,” Diane Forden, Editor-in-Chief of Bridal Guide magazine, tells Yahoo Shine. “Couples don’t feel as bound to tradition as they once did and are more likely to incorporate personalized themes that reflect their joint interests.” As a result, there’s been a rise in ‘gimmick weddings,’ interactive productions that involve guests as participants, rather than spectators.

One reason behind the trend could be classic peer pressure. “Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter evoke a sense of competition in many couples,” says Forden. “Even if you weren’t a guest at someone’s wedding, social media is a virtual invite and gimmick weddings are likelier to go viral.” Plus, as couples approach their 30s, their peers often get engaged in droves. It’s not uncommon to attend several weddings in one short time span with mutual friends in attendance. Wedding fever may motivate some couples to make sure their nuptials stand out in a sea of taffeta. 

There may also be a financial component at play. When the recession hit, the wedding industry experienced a huge DIY movement and brides began scouring flea markets in the hopes of hunting down that vintage wedding topper or 1930’s veil. “As a byproduct, weddings became more distinct,” says Forden. “The zombie trend, for example, may be a natural extension of creating a unique wedding.” Also, modern-day couples usually fund their own nuptials, rather than ask their parents for help. And when couples work hard to foot the bill, they’re more likely to express their personal interests.

And finally, it could be a generational thing. Today's couples are getting married later than ever before. One recent study conducted by the Pew Research Center found that the median age for first marriages is 28 for men and 26 for women. According to Forden, older couples (especially ones entering second marriages) are more likely to forgo tradition in favor of plain old fun.

But while weddings should reflect a couple’s distinct style, there’s no getting around that guests have to be factored into the equation too. Convincing Aunt Millie to paint her face in bloody wounds or your future father-in-law to wear a goblin mask, may not fly when families come together. “It’s important to remember that while it’s your day, it’s also one that you’ve asked your loved ones to witness,” says Forden. “Pledging your commitment to another person is a serious event, so treating it with respect is key.” You can still  add personalized accents — say, zombie cupcakes or asking your guests to post photos using creative hashtags — but, Forden advises remembering that tastes change over time. "In your golden years," she asks, "do you really want to flip through your wedding album and see blood?"

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 08:04:24 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Aussie Micha

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2013, 07:08:07 am »

Oh, what a shame  Roll Eyes No zombies next year because of the G20. I don't know which is worse!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/city/brisbane-zombie-walk-at-risk-ahead-of-g20-summit-in-2014/story-fni9r0jy-1226722302517

Brisbane zombie walk at risk ahead of G20 summit in 2014

World War Z declared ahead of G20

BRAAAAAINS: A participant at a previous Brisbane Zombie Walk.

ZOMBIE Walk organisers have hit back at authorities for making up an excuse to stop the annual undead event happening in the city next year.

Brisbane Lord Mayor Graham Quirk went on radio this morning to deny G20 security was the reason the Zombie Walk would not be allowed in October next year, instead saying it was due to major redevelopment planned for the RNA Showgrounds, particularly road closures.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2014, 08:55:22 am »

http://gma.yahoo.com/39-zombie-39-bees-surface-northeast-163249116--abc-news-tech.html
'Zombie' Bees Surface in the Northeast
1/30/14

Mutant "zombie bees" that act like the ghoulish creatures of horror films have surfaced in the Northeast after first appearing on the West Coast, a bee expert told ABC News on Wednesday.

An amateur beekeeper in Burlington, Vt., last summer found honeybees infested with parasites that cause the insects to act erratically and eventually kill them. It was the first spotting of zombie bees east of South Dakota, according to John Hafernik, a professor of biology at San Francisco State University whose team in October verified the infestation.

"They fly around in a disoriented way, get attracted to light, and then fall down and wander around in a way that's sort of reminiscent of zombies in the movies," Hafernik said. "Sometimes we've taken to calling [it], when they leave their hives, 'the flight of the living dead.'"

The professor accidentally discovered the zombie bees in California in 2008, and since then cases have been reported in Oregon, Washington state, California and South Dakota, he said.

The effect starts with a fly called the Apocephalus borealis, which latches onto European honeybees — common across the United States — and lays eggs in the bees that eventually hatch and wreak havoc on their hosts, Hafernik said.

"It's sort of a combination of zombies and aliens mixed together," he said.

But there's not necessarily any threat of a zombie (bee) invasion anytime soon, according to Hafernik.

The Vermont iteration of the bees first came to light when Anthony Cantrell, a hardware-store employee who took up beekeeping as a hobby less than a year ago, noticed some dead bees outside his home. Later, he came across ZomBeeWatch.org, a website run by Hafernik and his colleagues, and realized some of his bees might have become infested.

Honeybees sometimes become infested by other parasites and diseases. "I just thought, great, one more thing that the poor honeybee has to deal with," Cantrell, who has two hives, told ABC News.

Steve Parise, an agriculture production specialist with the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets, on Tuesday brought up the threat posed by zombie bees, at a meeting of the Vermont Beekeepers Association, according to Cantrell, who is a member.

Farmers rely on bees to pollinate agriculture fields and produce honey, but there hasn't been any sign of a widespread infestation, even though it remains unclear just how many bees across the continent have been infested, he said.

While researchers at San Francisco State University have confirmed reports of the parasitic flies infesting bees up and down the West Coast — one-third of hives in the San Francisco Bay Area may at certain points in time be infested — no confirmed cases have popped up in the Northeast since October, according to Hafernik.

Once the flies infest bees with their eggs, the bees start exhibiting zombielike behavior; then, once the eggs hatch, they generally drop dead after about five minutes, he said.

The culprit fly was originally discovered in the 1920s, in Maine, and has been found across the United States, where it had been known to parasitize bumblebees and yellow jacket hornets — but not honeybees, he said.

In Vermont, the state's Agency of Agriculture may trap bees to investigate the zombie bee threat, according to The Associated Press.

Cantrell's waiting out the winter to see if the parasite survives the winter.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2014, 10:30:47 pm »

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/09/23/Kansas-dubs-October-Zombie-Preparedness-Month/2121411481126
9/23/14
Kansas dubs October 'Zombie Preparedness Month'
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback will sign a proclamation declaring October to be "Zombie Preparedness Month" in his state.

TOPEKA, Kan., Sept. 23 (UPI) -- The Kansas of Division of Emergency Management said October will be "Zombie Preparedness Month" to help residents prepare for the undead and other disasters.

The department said Gov. Sam Brownback will sign a proclamation Sept. 26 designating October as "Zombie Preparedness Month."

Devan Tucking of the Kansas of Division of Emergency Management said the zombie theme is a means of encouraging Kansas residents to be ready for a number of potential real-life emergency scenarios.

"If you're equipped to handle the zombie apocalypse then you're prepared for tornadoes, severe storms, fire and any other natural disaster Kansas usually faces," Tucking said. "This is a fun and low-stress way to get families involved, and past turnouts have proven it to be effective."

Angee Morgan, deputy director of the division, said officials incorporated zombies into the public information campaign "because it is an engaging way to get people on board with emergency preparedness."

Officials said members of the public will be encouraged to prepare home emergency kits with survival supplies to last at least three days and disaster-on-the-go packs will be free for the first 300 participants at a zombie preparedness event Oct. 25 at the Crestview Shelter House in Topeka.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2015, 06:42:45 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2015, 07:58:08 pm »

Report Spam   Logged