End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 08:48:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Politicians respond to Connecticut school shooting

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Politicians respond to Connecticut school shooting  (Read 29556 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2012, 06:02:02 am »

Facebook halts accounts for questioning narrative
'Essentially labeling such activity a thought crime'

Facebook is suspending user accounts that question the official narrative behind the Sandy Hook school massacre, following a warning by Connecticut State Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance that “misinformation” posted on social media sites could result in prosecution.

An image posted in the aftermath of the shootings that questioned whether “a clumsy 20-year-old autistic kid” could have pulled off the murders of 26 people was deleted and the user’s account hit with a three day suspension.

“I was informed the reason for this punishment was the result of a meme I had shared,” writes the editor of SecretsOfTheFed.com. “Facebook told me it “…violates Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities”. I was further warned that “If you continue to abuse Facebook’s features, your account could be permanently disabled.”

http://www.infowars.com/facebook-suspends-account-for-questioning-official-narrative-on-shooting/

Facebook bans Gandhi quote as part of revisionist history purge

(NaturalNews) The reports are absolutely true. Facebook suspended the Natural News account earlier today after we posted an historical quote from Mohandas Gandhi. The quote reads:

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

This historical quote was apparently too much for Facebook's censors to bear. They suspended our account and gave us a "final warning" that one more violation of their so-called "community guidelines" would result in our account being permanently deactivated.

They then demanded we send them a color copy of a "government issued identification" in order to reactivate our account. Our account was removed from suspension just minutes before InfoWars posted its article on this Facebook censorship, and the Facebook page is now functioning at:
www.Facebook.com/NaturalNews

This is a separate account from our primary Facebook account, which has nearly 250,000 followers at:
www.Facebook.com/HealthRanger

http://www.naturalnews.com/038484_Gandhi_quote_Facebook_censorship.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2012, 06:10:35 am »

Buyers flock to gun shows in VA...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/gun-sales-surge-in-virginia-after-newtown/2012/12/28/0ad349e8-511a-11e2-839d-d54cc6e49b63_story.html

'It's Never Been Like This'...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/gun-sales-surge-in-virginia-after-newtown/2012/12/28/0ad349e8-511a-11e2-839d-d54cc6e49b63_story.html

Backorders Up To 6 Months From Manufacturers...
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/29/assault-rifles-ammo-flying-off-shelves-after-newtown-massacre/

Only 1 Person Shows Up To Protest Show In Denver...
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/12/29/lone-protester-pickets-tanner-gun-show-in-denver/

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2012, 10:14:37 am »

Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013
12/30/12 09:49 AM ET

President Obama on Sunday said he would make gun control a priority in his new term, pledging to put his “full weight” behind passing new restrictions on firearms in 2013.

“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it,” said Obama in an interview aired on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I'm going to be making an argument to the American people about why this is important and why we have to do everything we can to make sure that something like what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary does not happen again.”

The president in the wake of the mass shooting at a Newtown, Conn. school has launched a White House task force led by Vice President Joe Biden to present proposals in January to help stem gun violence. Obama has said that he would seek a broad approach to the problem addressing the role of violence in entertainment and measures to improve mental health care.

But he has also called on Congress to move quickly to reinstate the federal assault weapons ban and a ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines.

Obama on Sunday repeated those calls and said he would meet with lawmakers on both sides of the aisles to see action.

“I've been very clear that an assault rifle ban, banning these high capacity clips, background checks, that there are a set of issues that I have historically supported and will continue to support,” said the president.

“I'd like to get it done in the first year.  I will put forward a very specific proposal based on the recommendations that Joe Biden's task force is putting together as we speak.  And so this is not something that I will be putting off."

But the push for heightened gun control will likely face tough political opposition, with the nation’s largest gun lobby, the National Rifle Association (NRA), saying they will oppose any new restrictions.

The group earlier this month held a press conference calling for national program to place armed guards in the nation’s schools, a move they said would be more effective at preventing future tragedies like Newtown.

Obama on Sunday said that he hoped to involve all “stakeholders” in the national debate over gun violence, but expressed unease with the NRA’s proposal.

“I am not going to prejudge the recommendations that are given to me.  I am skeptical that the only answer is putting more guns in schools.  And I think the vast majority of the American people are skeptical that that somehow is going to solve our problem,” said the president.

Obama said that he expected even firearm owners to understand the need for new regulations in the wake of the Connecticut shooting.

“I think there are a vast majority of responsible gun owners out there who recognize that we can't have a situation in which somebody with severe psychological problems is able to get the kind of high capacity weapons that this individual in Newtown obtained and gun down our kids,” said Obama.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/274881-obama-hopes-to-enact-new-gun-control-measures-in-2013
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2012, 07:29:13 pm »

I'll be honest - personally I've had a lifelong fear of guns(and was a supporter of gun control until the Lord opened my eyes over the NWO)...however, recently I'm considering buying a gun.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2012, 10:20:36 pm »

I'll be honest - personally I've had a lifelong fear of guns(and was a supporter of gun control until the Lord opened my eyes over the NWO)...however, recently I'm considering buying a gun.

If you do decide to go that route, I highly recommend a basic safety course, like hunter's education. If you learn and practice the safety rules until they're second nature, you'll never have a problem with accidental discharges. It's also a great way to familiarize yourself with different types of guns and gun terminology if you haven't spent much time around them before. I was recently surprised at how much I didn't know, and how much movies and television have deceived people about firearms.

For that matter, even if you decide not to buy, I'd still recommend the course for basic familiarization. It's good training.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2012, 08:04:41 am »

If a person is going to own a firearm, that's not bad advice. A person really needs to learn some things about about safety first, how to simply hold a gun in any situation, how to watch out for others around you, etc. Many things to learn actually. And get to know the gun laws inside and out for where you live and the Constitution. If one insists on playing in that world, know how they do it.

Personally, I earned my marksman ribbons for both handgun and rifle while in the Navy, and as a youth, guns were part of life in the south. I had my own 410 shotgun as a kid. Went squirrel and rabbit hunting with it with no adults, just a friend or two. That was then.

Now? I see no place for weapons in Christianity. The weapons of our warfare are spiritual. Carnal is not where the focus should be. No guns, no knives, no battle axes. Sorry.

What would you defend yourself from? You better at defending yourself than the Holy Ghost inside you? God can lay every enemy at your feet IF you have faith. We are to love our enemies, not shoot back. Protect your family? Uh, no. That isn't an excuse either, because again that isn't of faith.

People try to justify guns by saying they need to defend their family, using the "What if..." scare tactic. That's bull. Take no thought for tomorrow. Look at what scripture says. And what Jesus says about who His mother and brother are. We are to focus on our faith in Jesus, not worry about others, family or not. If they accept Jesus, then they will be just fine. I can't save them, nor can any other man.

I DO NOT believe scripture says guns and weapons are okay for a believer. I see no mention at all that supports weapons.

Consider when the disciples asked Jesus if 2 swords were enough. Jesus said it was enough, yet there was how many in that group by then? Maybe dozens of people, and 2 swords for defense was enough? Against of all people, the Roman army? Uh, no. The swords were not for defense I believe. I believe they were for utilitarian reasons, a tool. And it doesn't even mention what type swords at that, which makes a big difference as a Roman short sword would be a fair tool living out in the wilderness, but a long sword would be nearly useless.

Christians should not own weapons that are intended for self defense. Jesus is our defense.

"If God be for us, who can be against us?"
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2012, 08:57:44 am »

^^

Thank you for the advice here, definitely something to consider what is said above.(I may not even buy a gun when all is said and done)

Not that I'm an anti-Constitution guy, but does anyone feel to SOME EXTENT, that the Constitution was written as somewhat of a SETUP for evil over the long haul? Again, I'm NOT anti-Constitution, but for 1, most of our founding fathers were Satanists and New Agers. And 2, look at some of the fruits it's bearing now - can't ban secular entertainment like rock music that's harming our youth b/c of the 1st ammendment. Have to kick out bible reading and prayer out of public schools supposedly b/c of the 1st ammendment. Christians have to own guns b/c of the 2nd ammendment(and not to look at scripture otherwise). And at the same time, other parts of it are quietly being destroyed(ie-we currently have a non-natural born citizen President).

It's as if our founding fathers had the intent of building a "New World", and maybe writing this Constitution was somewhat helping them lay the groundwork.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2012, 10:18:41 am »

If government strictly adhered to the Constitution, we would not be in this current state of affairs. There had to be compromise and “interpretation” to get us here. I think the key to this is that the Constitution only works for one nation, under God. If people change their god, then everything else follows.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2012, 11:08:38 am »

Video: Dianne Feinstein Says Her Goal is to Disarm All Americans

Infowars.com
December 31, 2012

Dianne Feinstein: “If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States, for an outright ban, picking up [every gun]… Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ‘em all in.”

VIDEO: http://www.infowars.com/video-dianne-feinstein-says-prepare-to-turn-in-your-guns/

Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2013, 07:59:49 am »

That woman is old fashion nuts. A complete mental case. But then it's California.

If government strictly adhered to the Constitution, we would not be in this current state of affairs.

Yep, all things considered, I agree. By design, I have for a long time felt if your going to have a secular government structure, the US Constitution is as good as man has ever written. But, it's useless if the politicians don't operate it as designed, which they haven't.

I believe prophecy is why the US is where it's at, not so much because politicians have mismanaged the country. God tells us the wicked shall do wickedly, and so they have.

"Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand." Daniel 12:10 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2013, 04:21:27 am »

Columnist proposes killing NRA members, dragging Republicans behind pickups

“During my 50-year career,” Kaul wrote, “every time some demented soul would take a semiautomatic gun and clean out a post office, a school or a picnic, I’d get up on my soap box and let loose with a withering diatribe about guns, the National Rifle Association and weak-kneed politicians. Did it about 75 times, give or take.”

Yet each time, he lamented, the only result was a spike in gun sales.

“That’s obscene,” he opined. “Here, then, is my ‘madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore’ program for ending gun violence in America.”

His first step: “Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. … Surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.”

Second: “Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. … Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that ‘prying the guns from their cold, dead hands’ thing works for me.”

Third: “Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.”

“And if that didn’t work,” Kaul concludes, “I’d adopt radical measures.”

Kaul explains his dramatic measures this way: “The thing missing from the debate so far is anger – anger that we live in a society where something like the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre can happen and our main concern is not offending the NRA’s sensibilities.”

It would appear Kaul has supplied his missing ingredient.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/pry-guns-from-cold-dead-fingers-works-for-me/#44VAsgRUq5MRUcY8.99

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

just saying...  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2013, 05:50:05 am »

to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around

For that comment alone the guy should be immediately fired!

Seriously, he's referencing a horrible crime that happened in Texas...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Byrd,_Jr.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2013, 12:45:26 pm »

Third: “Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.”

Huh

The same John Boehner who's all but been in Obama's backpocket since he took over as House Speaker 2 years ago?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2013, 07:57:39 pm »

In this Sandy Hook school shooting thread, that is...

It just seems like all of these other organizations that's NOT Christians related(and for that matter too on the Churchianity crowd as well) have this one thing in common - they like to OPENLY show their "charitable" works, and boast about them. I was on my way to Louisiana 2 weeks ago, and I heard on the radio a woman who's the head of some athiest organization complain how athiests aren't getting "respected" for their charitable works et al.

Matthew 6:1  Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Mat 6:2  Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:3  But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
Mat 6:4  That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Remember when Apostle John says in scripture to test the spirits? Just saying...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/newtown-adopt-cop-campaign-sandy-hook-yoga-212025975.html

Adopt a Cop campaign launched by yoga studio for Sandy Hook’s traumatized first responders

01/02/13

Police officers who were traumatized by the horrific scene at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last month and are now running out of paid sick and vacation time may soon get some financial help from an unlikely source: a yoga studio.

Linda Antignani, founder of Mother's Embrace Yoga in nearby Shelton, Conn., contacted the Newtown Police Department to ask what she could do to help after hearing about officers who have been unable to work in the wake of the Dec. 14 massacre, when a gunman opened fire, killing 20 children and six adults. The result: She has just launched an Adopt a Cop fund benefiting the traumatized officers.

According to the union representing the police, those suffering from post-traumatic stress are not entitled to workers' compensation benefits under the current town statute and have been forced to use sick and vacation time.

"The insurer for the town has taken a position that these officers are entitled to only what the statute allows," Eric Brown, an attorney for Council 15 of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, said last week. "Unfortunately for these officers, the statute doesn't allow any benefits." According to Brown, about 15 police officers have been unable to work due to trauma.

Brown is hoping state lawmakers will push to change the statute for those who responded to the Newtown shootings when the 2013 legislative session begins on Jan. 9.

Until then, a liaison for the Newtown Police Department told Antignani that money raised through her yoga studio's Adopt a Cop fund could be converted into Walmart gift cards, so that the officers and their families can purchase food and other items while they remain out of work.

"Walmart was suggested by the liaison as the place where most Newtown officers would shop," Antignani explained. She's raised more than $180 so far.

"I don't know how much is needed," Antignani added. "Anything I can get together with the generous help of my students, friends and family is a good start."

Local police departments have been pitching in, too. On Christmas Day, officers from neighboring towns, including Shelton, offered to work in Newtown so officers there could spend the holiday with their families.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2013, 07:06:22 am »

Illinois Moves to Outlaw Modern Firearms and Criminalize Owners          

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com possible shock jock story
January 2, 2012

Legislation will also target shooting ranges.Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will reportedly introduce a draconian bill today in the Illinois legislature that will effectively ban all modern firearms, criminalize their owners, and subject their guns to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

The proposed outlawing of firearms was confirmed by the NRA’s Illinois rep, according to Robert Farago, writing for The Truth About Guns website.

The move coincides with a federal effort by Senator Dianne Feinstein to introduce legislation outlawing semiautomatic firearms and imposing de facto confiscation.

From the Illinois State Rifle Association:

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called ‘assault weapons’ but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.

Folks monitoring the effort to disembowel the Second Amendment in the Land of Lincoln say the bill has a 50-50 chance of passage. They advise gun owners both in and out-of-state to call Senate President Cullerton at 217-782-2000 and contact state representatives at ilga.gov.

In addition to outlawing a large number of firearms, the legislation will target shooting ranges in the state. “Not only are they going after semi-autos and magazines, but they are going after ranges,” the Illinois Carry website reports.

more: http://www.infowars.com/illinois-moves-to-outlaw-modern-firearms-and-criminalize-owners/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2013, 01:21:28 am »

"Outlaw modern firearms"? What does that mean? A ban on ANY firearms made in modern times? That won't fly.

The courts have already ruled while some restrictions are possible, outright bans are not. We just went through this not long ago and I think it was the DC ban that was overturned.

But here's the deal; if the public doesn't know any different constitutionally, politicians will get away with it.

A government that wants to disarm their public is a government that lives in fear of it's population.

Shock jock story I think is a real possibility, because I don't see how such a ban could come close to passing, but it would still be unconstitutional.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2013, 06:26:41 pm »

White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings

The White House is weighing a far broader and more comprehensive approach to curbing the nation’s gun violence than simply reinstating an expired ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition, according to multiple people involved in the administration’s discussions.

A working group led by Vice President Biden is seriously considering measures backed by key law enforcement leaders that would require universal background checks for firearm buyers, track the movement and sale of weapons through a national database, strengthen mental health checks, and stiffen penalties for carrying guns near schools or giving them to minors, the sources said.

To sell such changes, the White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association that one source said could include rallying support from Wal-Mart and other gun retailers for measures that would benefit their businesses. White House aides have also been in regular contact with advisers to New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg (I), an outspoken gun-control advocate who could emerge as a powerful surrogate for the Obama administration’s agenda.

The Biden group, formed last month after the massacre at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school that killed 20 children and six adults, plans to submit a package of recommendations to President Obama this month. Once Obama’s proposals are set, he plans to lead a public-relations offensive to generate popular support.

“They are very clearly committed to looking at this issue comprehensively,” said Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, who has been involved in the discussions. The proposals under consideration, he added, are “a deeper exploration than just the assault-weapons ban.”

The gun-control push is just one part of an ambitious political agenda that Obama has pledged to pursue after his decisive reelection victory in November, including comprehensive immigration reform, climate-change legislation and long-term deficit reduction. Obama also faces a reshuffling of his Cabinet, and a looming debate over the nation’s debt ceiling that will compete for his time and attention in the coming months.

In addition to potential legislative proposals, Biden’s group has expanded its focus to include measures that would not need congressional approval and could be quickly implemented by executive action, according to interest-group leaders who have discussed options with Biden and key Cabinet secretaries. Possibilities include changes to federal mental-health programs and modernization of gun-tracking efforts by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

“Simply coming up with one or two aspects of it really falls short of the magnitude of the gun issue in the country,” said Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Police Executive Research Forum.

Wexler was among a dozen law enforcement leaders who met with Biden and other administration leaders in the aftermath of the Dec. 14 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. The Dec. 20 summit, which stretched an hour beyond an allotted one hour, included Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.

Biden “wanted to talk to us about the assault-weapons ban, automatic weapons, high-capacity magazines,” said Hennepin County (Minn.) Sheriff Richard Stanek, president of the Major County Sheriffs’ Association.

The vice president said the White House group would consider a variety of proposals — from requiring background checks for all gun buyers to creating a new database that would allow the ATF to track all gun sales, according to participants.

Stanek said the meeting also included significant discussion of mental-health issues, violence in video games and movies, and the poor quality of information contained in databases used to conduct criminal background checks before issuing gun permits.

Some of the options the administration is considering may not ultimately be included in Obama’s package. A White House spokesman said Biden’s group was in the midst of its review and has made no decisions on its final recommendations.

Politically rocky terrain

The White House is also developing strategies to navigate the rocky and emotionally fraught terrain of gun politics once final policy decisions are made. The administration is quietly talking with a diverse array of interest groups, including religious leaders, mental-health professionals and hunters, to build as broad a coalition as possible, those involved in the discussions said.

The president is expected to face fierce opposition from the NRA and its allies in Congress, including most Republicans and some Democrats.

But Biden signaled to those involved in the policy discussions that the White House is not afraid of taking on the NRA, the nation’s largest gun rights group. At the Dec. 20 meeting, according to Stanek, when one law enforcement leader suggested focusing on only the most popular proposals, Biden responded: “Look, what I’m asking you for is your candid opinion and ideas about extreme gun violence. Leave the politics to the president. That’s our job with Congress.”

NRA officials declined a request for comment. In response to the shooting in Newtown, Wayne LaPierre, the group’s executive vice president, called for installing armed police officers in every school.

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” LaPierre said at a news conference Dec. 21.

One potential strategy would be to win support for specific measures from interest groups that are normally aligned with the NRA, according to one person who works closely with the administration on gun-related issues and who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the issue’s sensitivity.

For instance, this person suggested, Wal-Mart and other major gun retailers may have an incentive to support closing a loophole that allows people to bypass background checks if they purchase firearms at gun shows or through other types of private sales. That could result in more people buying guns in retail stores.

Timing is imperative

Obama’s advisers have calculated that the longer they wait, the more distance there is from the Newtown massacre and the greater the risk that the bipartisan political will to tackle gun violence will dissipate.

“This is not something that I will be putting off,” Obama said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” in an interview broadcast last Sunday.

At the White House meeting, Stanek said, “the vice president indicated that there was a very short timeline for him to get back to the president with his recommendations because the American public has a short memory.”

Already, three weeks after the Newtown shooting, gun-control advocates are growing impatient with a legislative process that is just beginning.

“As we get involved in these ad nauseam debates over the Second Amendment, our children are still at risk,” said Jon Adler, national president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association. “Debating is not the action verb we need to protect our children.”

With the start of the 113th Congress last week, several lawmakers filed bills to address gun violence. Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), who co-wrote a 1994 assault-weapons ban that expired in 2004, plans to introduce legislation this month that would ban the sale or manufacture of about 120 firearms, including semiautomatic rifles and military-style handguns, as well as ammunition magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds.

The expired federal assault-weapons ban prohibited the manufacturing of 19 models of semiautomatic guns classified as assault weapons, including certain rifles and shot guns. The law also banned ammunition magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds. But it did not ban the sale of previously manufactured assault weapons or high-capacity magazines.

Since the law’s sunset, efforts in Congress over the past decade to reinstate the ban have faced stiff opposition from the NRA and the firearms industry and have never passed.

Adler, who has submitted recommendations to Biden’s group, said he has told administration officials that they need to pursue multiple measures to increase their chances of success.

“We can’t put all our protection-effort eggs in one basket with one piece of legislation,” he said. “We’ve got to do more than that.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-weighs-broad-gun-control-agenda-in-wake-of-newtown-shootings/2013/01/05/d281efe0-5682-11e2-bf3e-76c0a789346f_print.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2013, 09:27:35 pm »

Huh

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2013, 03:56:25 am »

Huh

How is a fake pic in a British newspaper proof this is all fake?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2013, 08:37:02 am »

How is a fake pic in a British newspaper proof this is all fake?

The point of the video is that some woman's young daughter was taken from off of her facebook(or something like that) page and was put as one of the victims of the CT shooting.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2013, 08:38:10 am »

The point of the video is that some woman's young daughter was taken from off of her facebook(or something like that) page and was put as one of the victims of the CT shooting.

That is quite common in BRITTISH trash rags, but I fail to see how that shows this shooting was fake?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2013, 08:46:33 am »

That is quite common in BRITTISH trash rags, but I fail to see how that shows this shooting was fake?

For the record, no, this shooting was NOT fake(I don't see how anyone could think this). However, I do feel they brought in a number of "actors" made as witnesses into the MSM to juice things up, make it look like a "lone wolf" did it, and ultimately to help push for agendas like gun control/gun confiscation.(ie-the Parkers, that middle aged guy FOX News did a long interview with, the young blond haired teacher, etc)

With that being said - don't be surprised that the next FF school shooting happens in a heavily gun rights state like Texas, where ultimately the NWO minions could have more ammunition to push their gun control agenda.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2013, 08:04:46 am »

Mom hides children, shoots intruder 5 times...
http://myfox8.com/2013/01/06/ga-mom-shoots-intruder-5-times-saves-children/

CHICAGOLAND: Gun Shops Report Empty Cases, Bare Shelves, Phones Ringing Off Hook...
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/01/04/gun-store-owners-inventory-flying-off-the-shelves-amid-legislative-debate/

Show Draws Thousands Looking to Stock Up in CA...
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Ontario-Convention-Center-Crossroads-of-the-West-Gun-Show-Firearms-185769562.html

8,000 flock in Florida...
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Orlando-gun-show-sales-reach-record-amidst-control-debate/-/1637132/18025678/-/45x3e3/-/index.html

Buchanan warns of 'revolution'...
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/01/05/buchanan_there_would_be_a_revolution_if_government_confiscated_weapons.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2013, 09:55:24 am »

I saw the 2 videos posted over guns Mike did - this is just a minor gripe on my part, but I wish he would acknowledge this shooting(as well as the other shootings like Aurora and Giffords) were false flags, as there's pretty hard evidence the CT shooting was. But yes, if that alleged shooter wasn't saved prior to his death, he's in Hell, I agree with that.

Again, it's only a minor gripe on my part.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:05:27 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2013, 10:38:23 am »

I saw the 2 videos posted over guns Mike did - this is just a minor gripe on my part, but I wish he would acknowledge this shooting(as well as the other shootings like Aurora and Giffords) were false flags, as there's pretty hard evidence the CT shooting was. But yes, if that alleged shooter wasn't saved prior to his death, he's in Hell, I agree with that.

Again, it's only a minor gripe on my part.

what evidence is there that the CT shooting was a FF?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:05:40 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2013, 10:46:31 am »

what evidence is there that the CT shooting was a FF?

You mean fake? I didn't say it was that - but there's just no evidence that that one autism teen did it all by himself. Not that I trust youtube videos, but even news footage recorded all kinds of stuff that made the whole "the lone wolf did it" look rather suspicious.

As for that autism boy doing it all by himsef - autism people have temper tandrums, and even can get physical at times, but they are FRIGHTENED by loud loises, which is why they wouldn't even touch a gun with a 10 foot pole. And for that matter too, they're not exactly a threat to hurt people to this extent.

But again, this isn't my issue with Hoggard - as much as I'm weary of him now, I thought he did a good job with these 2 videos on guns.

Also - FF or no, you can't deny all the violent entertainment and kicking God out of public schools are reaping its ugly head now over what we're seeing now.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:05:56 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2013, 11:28:43 am »

I dont know where your getting your information from, but your knowledge of Autistic people is WAY off. Ive yet to see one shred of evidence that this was a FF in anyway possible.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:06:09 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2013, 12:00:47 pm »

Ive yet to see one shred of evidence that this was a FF in anyway possible.

Gene Rosen’s changing story about kids “showing up” on his lawn. Gene Rosen lying about being clueless that something was going on when his house is within eyeshot of the SH firehouse, a major staging area packed with vehicles that day. Media interviewing the principal about the shooting, then correcting the story after it was reported that she died. RIP Facebook page set up four days before the shooting, then deleted and changed after it was pointed out. Donation pages set up the day of the shooting. At least 2 people lurking in the woods by the school on video, one arrested – still unidentified. Why do the authorities need to withhold evidence from the public? Dead shooter – no trial. Same as Port Arthur.

Would you say that it’s all circumstantial?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:06:24 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2013, 12:08:19 pm »

I dont know where your getting your information from, but your knowledge of Autistic people is WAY off. Ive yet to see one shred of evidence that this was a FF in anyway possible.

Autism is in my family - just speaking from experiences(and from various books I've read). We took him to a gun range one time, and he got pretty scared despite the ear muffs on him. He's also scared of fireworks and being around loud noises. He can get physical and throw tandrums, but is not the kind to go out and significantly hurt someone. But this is from my own experiences.(and will leave it at that)

Anyhow - as for this being a FF, will discuss it in the CT shooting thread, but will say there was just so much suspicious activity during that day, and all of those being interviewed on the MSM looked suspicious as well.(but that's just me - let everyone be pursuadeth by his own mind)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:06:39 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2013, 01:27:19 pm »

Gene Rosen’s changing story about kids “showing up” on his lawn. Gene Rosen lying about being clueless that something was going on when his house is within eyeshot of the SH firehouse, a major staging area packed with vehicles that day. Media interviewing the principal about the shooting, then correcting the story after it was reported that she died. RIP Facebook page set up four days before the shooting, then deleted and changed after it was pointed out. Donation pages set up the day of the shooting. At least 2 people lurking in the woods by the school on video, one arrested – still unidentified. Why do the authorities need to withhold evidence from the public? Dead shooter – no trial. Same as Port Arthur.

Would you say that it’s all circumstantial?

I would say a big portion of it is. Was there a conspiriacy? Sure was, but not in the sence people are thinking. Many things get reported in the first couple hours of anything, and most of that stuff turns up to be wrong. Not a conspiracy, just bad reporting, as everyone wants the scoop. The people lurking in the woods were just that, curious bystanders. I do not put to much faith in when people report facebook pages that come and go.

Why do the authorities need to withhold evidence from the public?

Its been that way since the beginning of time. Just what was the serpent in the garden? we are not told, first crime in history and we are not given the full story.

This is a tragic crime, that is being EXPLOITED by any one and everyone that it gives an edge up on. but its just that, a tragic crime.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: