End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 10:47:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Politicians respond to Connecticut school shooting

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Politicians respond to Connecticut school shooting  (Read 29564 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2013, 01:54:31 pm »

Autism is in my family - just speaking from experiences(and from various books I've read). We took him to a gun range one time, and he got pretty scared despite the ear muffs on him. He's also scared of fireworks and being around loud noises. He can get physical and throw tandrums, but is not the kind to go out and significantly hurt someone. But this is from my own experiences.(and will leave it at that)

Anyhow - as for this being a FF, will discuss it in the CT shooting thread, but will say there was just so much suspicious activity during that day, and all of those being interviewed on the MSM looked suspicious as well.(but that's just me - let everyone be pursuadeth by his own mind)

My son, who is autistic, isnt afraid of anything like that. He actually likes it. Hes scarred of cherrios, but not loud noises, or guns being fired. He likes fireworks. So hopefully you can see how making a blanket statement like you made does not fit the situation. Now my dog is gun shy, loud noises scare him. Most dogs are not gun shy. So you saying that this was all fake because he was autistic is just plane wrong.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:56:56 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2013, 02:06:34 pm »

My son, who is autistic, isnt afraid of anything like that. He actually likes it. Hes scarred of cherrios, but not loud noises, or guns being fired. He likes fireworks. So hopefully you can see how manking as blanket statement like you made does not fit the situation. Now my dog is gun shy, loud noises scare him. Most dogs are not gun shy. So you saying that this was all fake because he was autistic is just plane wrong.

I understand what you're saying.

But for the record, no, I don't think the shooting itself was fake. There's parts of it that doesn't add up(ie-it doesn't appear any one person could have pulled off killing 26 people alone). And it didn't sit well with me when they showed photos of Obama and the Parkers smiling and laughing together. And I'll admit I went a bit overboard with the autism angle(which I apologize for), b/c I was going with my own experiences, instead of further research on this subject.(ie-the books I mentioned were older ones written by mainstream psychiatrists, who said nothing about vaccines and MSG)

Ultimately, we can all agree that these tragedies are used by the NWO to further their draconian agendas(ie-gun control, alot like with Columbine). Which is why I thought Hoggard actually did a good job in his last broadcast exposing the spiritual side of all of this(comparing scripture with scripture) without going into any FF theories. I would give Pastor Mike's broadcast an A-, but everything he said in here just flies in the face over what he preached 2 years ago, which is why it deserves a solid B instead.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2013, 02:10:29 pm »

(ie-it doesn't appear any one person could have pulled off killing 26 people alone).

Its statements like this that i do not understand. Why? Why do you think 1 person could not have done this?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2013, 02:28:23 pm »

Its statements like this that i do not understand. Why? Why do you think 1 person could not have done this?

Just a perception of mine - personally, I can't see how only 1 person, but it doesn't mean I'm right on this or anything.

ASIDE from this...let's also look at other variables...for example, all the violent entertainment like movies, music, and video games, which have flooded the market ever since I was a young boy in the 80's.

While I don't endorse violent entertainment at all, at the same time, it's not like every single person that participates in these things shoots up schools. HOWEVER, you can't deny that it has really transformed the minds of our youth over the long haul. It's these types of entertainment products that has darkened minds and souls, disensithized minds and souls, etc, etc.

I guess it's no surprise that in today's world, not only there are many megachurches, but they are runned by young 30 year olds who have no discernment between good and evil. Largely b/c this crowd has been exposed to alot of this stuff since the MTV/Seinfeld years. And overall it seems like the public at large seems to be apathetic over what happened at Sandy Hook(ie-you walk into any church, and it seems like noone knows anything about this event).

Weren't the Columbine shooters playing violent video games and obsessed with the Matrix? It was also reported the Sandy Hook shooter was addicted to video games.

And then throw in the pharmaceutical drugs that has transformed minds and souls over the long haul as well.

Again, I'm not endorsing Pastor Mike, but he brought up some very good points in his Giffords shooting broadcast over our Eph 6:12 battle(without getting into FF theories).

Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:30:16 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2013, 04:43:39 pm »

Bank of America Freezes Gun Manufacturer's Account, Company Owner Claims

Bank of America has reportedly frozen the account of gun manufacturer American Spirit Arms, according to its owner, Joe Sirochman.

In a Facebook post dated December 29, Sirochman wrote the following:

“My name is Joe Sirochman owner of American Spirit Arms...our Web site orders have jumped 500 percent causing our Web site e-commerce processing larger deposits to Bank of America. So they decided to hold the deposits for further review.

“After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review -- her exact words were -- ‘We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.’”(emphasis added)

Sirochman also wrote that he told the bank manager that “they have no right to make up their own new rules and regs” and that “[American Spirit is a] firearms manufacturer with all the proper licensing.”

He also noted that he has been doing business with Bank of America for over 10 years, but will now be looking for a new bank.

According to Unlawful News, this isn't the first time Bank of America has targeted a customer involved in the firearms industry.

McMillan Group International was reportedly told that its business was no longer welcome after the company started manufacturing firearms – even after 12 years of doing business with the bank.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/bank-america-freezes-gun-manufacturers-account-company-owner-claims
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2013, 05:10:30 pm »

Indeed circumstantial, however, evidence is objective. It takes all the pieces to make a case. Till then, it's just a theory.

That said, there are several things in the case that raises the eyebrow, like how fast they had a shooter's name on the news. Is that evidence of a FF? Nope, not by itself. It can just as easily be like Mark said, "trying to get the scoop" on a story and somebody knew somebody, and so it goes.

Pretty much most of these events are what they are, till certain people make it something else for all kinds of reasons. It's easy for us as we know what drives evil in the world. We know also when and by Whom it will be put to an end. Jesus will take care of all this stuff in His time, so knowing this, we see how He has been merciful by showing us the truth, thus we have no fear of what's coming on the earth.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2013, 01:34:50 pm »

FAU prof stirs controversy by disputing Newtown massacre

communication professor known for conspiracy theories has stirred controversary at Florida Atlantic University with claims that last month's Newtown, Conn., school shootings did not happen as reported — or may not have happened at all.

Moreover, James Tracy asserts in radio interviews and on his memoryholeblog.com. that trained "crisis actors" may have been employed by the Obama administration in an effort to shape public opinion in favor of the event's true purpose: gun control.

"As documents relating to the Sandy Hook shooting continue to be assessed and interpreted by independent researchers, there is a growing awareness that the media coverage of the massacre of 26 children and adults was intended primarily for public consumption to further larger political ends," writes Tracy, a tenured associate professor of media history at FAU and a former union leader.

Roll Eyes thanx AJ

rest of this mess: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/fl-fau-prof-newtown-20130107,0,4267958.story
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2013, 03:30:12 am »

Cuomo Close To Announcing Sweeping New Gun Control Laws
Governor Working On Deal That Would Go After Assault Weapons, Magazines

A deal to give New York one of the toughest gun control laws in the nation is being negotiated by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who, sources said Tuesday, is hoping to announce the plan Wednesday during his State of the State speech in Albany.

Cuomo hopes to jump-start the 2013 legislative session with a big deal that could dramatically alter gun control laws across the state.

Highly placed sources told CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer that Cuomo is negotiating with Assembly and Senate leaders for a package of gun control laws that would be a dramatic response to the gun violence besetting the nation, including the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

“It’s a very divisive topic,” Cuomo said on Wednesday. “There’s a lot of energy on both sides. Some people are vehemently against’ some people think we’re out of our minds for not passing it.”

Sources told Kramer the governor and lawmakers are negotiating furiously in the hope that Cuomo can announce a deal during his speech Wednesday.

Sources said the package is expected to include:

* New restrictions on assault weapons

* Stiffer penalties for using a gun to commit a crime

* New limits on the number of bullets in a gun magazine

“Gun control is highly political, politically contentious situation. It is polarizing,” Cuomo said.

rest: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/08/exclusive-cuomo-close-to-announcing-sweeping-new-gun-control-laws/

Yep all those new laws are going to stop gun violence, because the guy in Sandy Hook, he didnt break any laws, he didnt murder his mom and steal her weapons.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2013, 04:30:27 am »

Exactly! Since when do criminals and psychopaths obey gun laws? This is all so so stupid.

And notice how they meet in private to "hammer out a deal". Where is the public on this? Aren't "representatives" of the people suppose to do the bidding of the very people they represent? In practice, no, politicians instead decide what they will do, then tell the public how it will be, and so here we are.

How many ways and examples do people need to admit that prohibition does not work, ever. So long as you deny the public, it's only the criminals that have it, and prohibition has never stopped access, it just funnels it down to select people behind the scenes. It literally creates a black market every time. History proves it.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2013, 11:20:48 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/walmart-gives-meeting-biden-gun-proposals-154022259.html

Walmart Gives in to Meeting with Biden on Gun Proposals
By Alexander Abad-Santos | The Atlantic Wire – 1 hr 38 mins ago

Less than a day after Walmart said it was too busy to meet with Vice President Joe Biden and his commission on gun-legislation proposals, the nation's largest gun seller has had a change of heart: Walmart will send a representative to a White House meeting on Thursday. CNN's Ali Velshi has the scoop:

BREAKING: Walmart, having seen the light, now WILL attend Thurs' gun mtg at the White House
— Ali Velshi (@AliVelshi) January 9, 2013

On Tuesday, the big box retailer cited a scheduling conflict and said they wouldn't attend the policy-making conversation with Biden, his task force, and "with gun-ownership organizations and sportsmen's groups." The decision, first reported by The Wall Street Journal Tuesday night, drew immediate criticism — that the largest gun retailer in America would skip a meeting even the NRA was schedule to attend ... well that was just bad for business:

Blood all over #Walmart hands RT @theatlanticwire: Walmart's Too Busy to Talk to Joe Biden About Gun Control flip.it/FcPjw
— DJ Asson (@djasson) January 9, 2013
Of course, Walmart officials changing their minds might not change those sorts of reactions.

http://news.yahoo.com/walmart-gives-meeting-biden-gun-proposals-154022259.html
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2013, 12:18:31 pm »

Biden: Executive orders, action can be taken on guns

Updated: 1:02 p.m. on Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Vice President Joseph R. Biden vowed action on gun control from President Obama on Wednesday and floated the idea that Mr. Obama could use executive action to do so.

“The president is going to act,” Mr. Biden said, speaking briefly before a meeting with gun safety and gun victims’ groups Wednesday. “There are executive orders, executive action that can be taken. We haven’t decided what that is yet. But we’re compiling it all with the help [of] the attorney general and all the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action we believe is required.”

Mr. Biden has been tapped by Mr. Obama tapped to head a task force on gun violence, which is scheduled to deliver recommendations to the president by the end of the month.

“We are vitally interested in what you have to say,” Mr. Biden told the group. “And as the president said, if our actions result in only saving one life, they’re worth taking. But I’m convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of Americans and take thousands of people out of harm’s way if we act responsibly.”

“I want to make it clear that we are not going to get caught up in the notion, ‘unless we can do everything, we’re going to do nothing,’” Mr. Biden continued. “It’s critically important we act.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/9/biden-executive-orders-action-can-be-taken-guns/#ixzz2HVHRK8Zi
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2013, 02:49:19 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2013, 03:39:25 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/biden-meets-gun-safety-victims-groups-165021174--politics.html

1/9/13

Biden meets with gun-safety, victims groups

WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday heard personal stories of gun violence from representatives of victims groups and gun-safety organizations as he drafts the Obama administration's response to the shooting at a Connecticut elementary school. He pledged that action would be taken.

"I want to make it clear that we are not going to get caught up in the notion (that) unless we can do everything we're going to do nothing," Biden said. "It's critically important (that) we act."

The meeting was part of a series Biden is holding this week to build consensus around proposals to curb gun violence after the Dec. 14 shooting in Newtown, Conn. Twenty school children were killed.

Biden meets Thursday with the National Rifle Association and other gun-owner groups. Meetings with representatives of the video-game and entertainment industries also are planned.

President Barack Obama wants Biden to deliver policy proposals by the end of the month. Obama has vowed to move swiftly on the package, which is expected to include legislative proposals and executive action.

Participants in Wednesday's meeting with Biden included the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence and groups from Arizona, Illinois and Wisconsin, states with spates of gun violence that garnered national attention, including the shooting in Arizona of then-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Also present were two survivors of the 2007 shooting at Virginia Tech that killed 32 people, as well as a stepfather of a victim of last July's massacre at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., in which a dozen people were slain. Attorney General Eric Holder also attended.

Dan Gross, the Brady Campaign's president, said afterward that the meeting was "very productive and actually inspiring." He said the administration is trying to figure out how to save many others from losing their lives to gun violence, not take guns away from lawful owners.

"Words like comprehensive and broad don't mean taking guns away from law-abiding citizens," Gross said as he stood on the White House driveway with some of those who shared their stories with the vice president. "This is not a debate around the Second Amendment."

But as the shock and sorrow over the Newtown, Conn., shooting fades, the tough fight facing the White House and gun-control backers is growing clearer. Gun-rights advocates, including the powerful NRA, are digging in against tighter gun restrictions, conservative groups are launching pro-gun initiatives and the Senate's top Republican has warned it could be spring before Congress begins considering any gun legislation.

"The biggest problem we have at the moment is spending and debt," Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said this week. "That's going to dominate the Congress between now and the end of March. None of these issues will have the kind of priority as spending and debt over the next two or three months."

The killing of 6- and 7-year-olds at Newtown's Sandy Hook Elementary School appeared to stir a deep reaction from the White House and Capitol Hill. Obama pushed gun control to the top of his domestic agenda for the first time and pledged to put the full weight of his presidency behind the issue. Some Republican and conservative lawmakers with strong gun-rights records also took the extraordinary step of calling for a discussion on new measures.

But other gun-rights advocates have shown less flexibility. The NRA has rejected stricter gun legislation and suggested instead that the government put armed guards in every U.S. school as a way to curb violence. A coalition of conservative groups is also organizing a "Gun Appreciation Day" to coincide with Obama's inauguration this month.

The president hopes to announce his administration's next steps to tackle gun violence shortly after he is sworn in for a second term on Jan. 21.

Obama wants Congress to reinstate a ban on military-style assault weapons, close loopholes that allow gun buyers to skirt background checks and restrict high-capacity magazines. Other recommendations to the Biden group include making gun-trafficking a felony, getting the Justice Department to prosecute people caught lying on gun background-check forms and ordering federal agencies to send data to the National Gun Background Check Database.

Some of those steps could be taken through executive action, without the approval of Congress. White House officials say Obama will not finalize any actions until receiving Biden's recommendations.

Gun-rights lawmakers and outside groups have insisted that any policy response also include an examination of mental health policies and the impact of violent movies and video games. To those people, the White House has pledged a comprehensive response.

"It is not a problem that can be solved by any specific action or single action that the government might take," said White House spokesman Jay Carney said. "It's a problem that encompasses issues of mental health, of education, as well as access to guns."

In addition to Biden's meetings this week, Education Secretary Arne Duncan will meet with parent and teacher groups, and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius will meet with mental health and disability advocates.

The White House said other meetings are also scheduled with community organizations, business owners and religious leaders.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2013, 12:06:33 am »

Mass shooters and meds. What they all have in common.
UPDATED: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - 10:15am
Nicole Vowell
ketknbc.com video

By now the entire country is involved in the gun control debate, but guns may not be the issue. With the string of recent mass shootings in our country, all of those shooters had something in common, and it was more than just holding a fire arm in their hand.

It could be that many shooters who go on mass killing sprees are misusing prescription medications, such as anti-psychotics.

Dr. Joseph Arisco, a private practice Psychiatrist in Tyler tells us, "Anti-psychotic medicine is the most potent medicine that psychiatrists use."

And according to professionals, like Dr. David Davis, Pharmacist; sometimes he says, "The side effects are more detrimental than the benefits of taking the medications."

These mass shooters in America were all reportedly taking some heavy duty anti-psychotics or other medications during or right before their killing sprees.

Aurora, Colorado killer, James Holmes, was reportedly taking a form of Prozac.

Adam Lanza, who was responsible for taking innocent children's lives at sandy hook elementary in Connecticut, was reportedly taking a controversial anti-psychotic medicine called “Fantapt.”

Even looking back to 1999 one of the shooters, Eric Harris, who was involved in taking a countless number of lives at Columbine High School was allegedly taking a heavy pharmaceutical called “Luvox.”

According to Davis, in some cases these meds can induce aggressive behavior rather than inhibit it, Davis says, "In some cases, yes anger, aggression combativeness those type of things increase in those types of patients."

The culprit to these mass shooting massacres is yet to be determined. Some think its guns; some think it's the lack of medicine for mental illness. But you can't rule out heavy prescription side effects as a possible cause of behavioral changes especially if taken improperly. Dr. Arisco says, “Anti-psychotics do not cause psychosis and do not cause people to become more psychotic. Now could that happen while you're taking those medicines of course it could."

Both Doctors Davis, and Arisco say, your mental health is important. Taking the right dosage of medicine is important and consulting with your doctor regularly while on medications like anti-psychotics is the best way to control, inhibit and reduce any adverse side effects.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2013, 12:51:49 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2013, 03:25:59 am »

Adam Lanza, who was responsible for taking innocent children's lives at sandy hook elementary in Connecticut, was reportedly taking a controversial anti-psychotic medicine called “Fantapt.”

I see NBC has picked up the lie started by the fake uncle. Lanza taking that med is not true, yet the media apparently is going to run with it anyway. Typical.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2013, 04:02:57 am »

WHITE HOUSE THREATENS 'EXECUTIVE ORDERS' ON GUNS...
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-obama-might-use-executive-order-deal-guns_694984.html

'The president is going to act'...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/9/biden-executive-orders-action-can-be-taken-guns/

BANG BANG: CUOMO TO ANNOUNCE SWEEPING GUN LAWS...
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/observers-see-2016-in-andrew-cuomo-speech-85983.html

Hysterical governor expects rest of country to follow...
http://politicker.com/2013/01/cuomo-vows-to-enact-the-toughest-assault-weapon-in-the-nation-period/

'No One Needs 10 Bullets To Kill A Deer!!'
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/09/cuomos-state-of-the-state-to-include-gun-control/

NRA President Fires Back...
http://politicker.com/2013/01/nra-president-fires-back-at-cuomo/

Clinton Turns Tech Speech Into Gun Rant...
http://betabeat.com/2013/01/bill-clinton-ces-gun-control-samsung-tech-gap/

Iowa lawmaker calls for confiscation...
http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/09/iowa-lawmaker-calls-for-retroactive-gun-bans-confiscations-of-semi-automatic-weapons/

CT lawmaker calls for background checks to buy ammo...
http://www.wfsb.com/story/20535647/calls-for-gun-control-grow-after-shooting-in-norwich

Gun sales soar in Atlanta...
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/gun-sales-and-permit-applications-going-strong/nTqds/

'Folks are grabbing just about any they can get hands on'...
http://freebeacon.com/gun-sales-skyrocket-in-savannah/

Utah town to encourage arming households...
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20537498/utah-town-makes-arming-households-a-top-priority

Ted Nugent unloads...
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/ted-nugent-gun-owners-the-next-rosa-parks/

PANIC: One Million AR-15 Magazines on Backorder...
http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/panic-one-million-ar-15-magazines-backorder

Police: Store clerk's gun beats thief's cattle prod...
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/20547465/police-fla-clerks-gun-beats-thiefs-cattle-prod#axzz2HX1lOhtw

PRAVDA: America, 'Never give up your guns'...
http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/28-12-2012/123335-americans_guns-0/

'THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED'
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130110/DA3N0POG2.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2013, 04:05:52 am »

Hey MORON!!! The whole reason to ARM the population was so they could remove morons like you. It was never so they could hunt deer, or chase chickens. It was so the PEOPLE could fight against a corrupt government. Learn so history moron.

Also the reason most states do not have gun registration? Is because the N@ZIS knew where to go get the weapons when they disarmed their population. History just always repeats itself....
Report Spam   Logged

hannahj

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2013, 06:43:03 am »

Professor won’t back down from Newtown massacre conspiracy theory

A media professor at Florida Atlantic University who is questioning the Sandy Hook massacre has caused controversy with his conspiracy claims.

James Tracy, who writes a personal blog about conspiracy theories, believes the events that unfolded at Sandy Hook did not happen as reported.

The professor writes on his blog, Memory Hole, “While it sounds like an outrageous claim, one is left to inquire whether the Sandy Hook shooting ever took place—at least in the way law enforcement authorities and the nation’s news media have described.” He suggests that there were multiple shooters and that the number of dead is incorrect. The blog post was published on the Global Research site, where it caught the attention of the Web.

The academic, who is known for his conspiracy theories on 9/11 and the Oklahoma bombing, believes—as he claims on his blog and recently stated on a radio show—that trained “crisis actors” may have been employed by the Obama administration to shape public opinion on gun control.

The 47-year-old, who holds a Ph.D. from the University of Iowa in mass communication, wrote on his blog, “ As documents relating to the Sandy Hook shooting continue to be assessed and interpreted by independent researchers there is a growing awareness that the media coverage of the massacre of 26 children and adults was intended primarily for public consumption to further larger political ends.”

According to his faculty profile, the professor "teaches courses examining the relationship between commercial and alternative news media and socio-political issues and events." He also lists his recent work in “Censored 2013: Sourcebook for the Media Revolution. The Top Censored Stories and Media Analysis of 2011-2012."

When questioned about his theories by a local CBS12 news reporter, Tracy responded, "The whole country mourned about Sandy Hook, but yet again the investigation that journalistic institutions should have carried out never took place, in my opinion."

He added, "As a society we need to look at things more carefully. Perhaps we as a society have been conditioned to be duped."

His blog, with 222 followers, lays out his theory in detail, suggesting that it was a training exercise in which actually nobody was killed. He writes, "To declare that the shooting 'never took place' is cause for intense opprobrium in most polite circles where, in familiar Orwellian fashion, the media-induced trance and dehistoricized will to believe maintain their hold."

Speaking on behalf of Tracy, Peter Phillips, president of the Media Freedom Foundation and Project Censored, said in a statement to Yahoo News:

James Tracy isn't promoting a "conspiracy" theory regarding Sandy Hook, but rather saying the mainstream media distorts the news, and doesn't follow up on important questions. There were reports of more than one shooter in the Sandy Hook case. Tracy is not denying that it happened, but he is saying that when such events do happen it is the responsibility of the media to fully investigate all aspects of the story and not just sensationalize the tragedy.

Tracy’s employer has distanced itself from its faculty member’s remarks. Mary Jane Saunders, the president of Florida Atlantic University, said in a statement to Yahoo News that reads in part:

I am sure that many of you are aware of the recent comments by a Florida Atlantic University faculty member regarding the tragic events that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, on December 14. I want to make it clear that those views and opinions are not shared by Florida Atlantic University, and I am personally saddened by any media stories that have added to the pain felt by the victims’ families. FAU joins the entire nation and people around the world in feeling profound grief for the lives lost on that awful day.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/professor-won-t-back-down-newtown-massacre-conspiracy-183530799.html
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2013, 09:00:38 am »

I see NBC has picked up the lie started by the fake uncle. Lanza taking that med is not true, yet the media apparently is going to run with it anyway. Typical.

http://www.foodworldnews.com/articles/3281/20121228/sandy-hook-victim-hoax-unveiled-fake-facebook-page-fake-uncle-adam-lanza-arrested.htm

12/28/12

Sandy Hook Victim Hoax Unveiled: Fake Facebook Page, Fake 'Uncle' of Adam Lanza Arrested

Excerpt:

In another hoax, a convicted felon who traveled to Newtown, Conn. and posed as the uncle of Lanza was arrested on a federal probation violation charge, according to TheSmokingGun.

Jonathan Lee Riches, 35, was busted last week and booked into Chester County Jail. On Dec. 16, two days after the school massacre, Riches drove to Connecticut and sought to visit the home of gunman Adam Lanza. He videotaped part of the trip and uploaded clips to his YouTube page.

Riches also made a makeshift memorial site in Newtown, where he identified himself to reporters as "Jonathan Lanza," uncle of the school shooter. He also told journalists that Lanza had been taking Fanapt, an antipsychotic drug prescribed for the treatment of schizophrenia.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:04:38 am by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2013, 10:40:32 am »

OK, this is very weird - apparently, Wayne LaPierre and the NRA made a deal with Obamacare(and Harry Reid, who's supposedly pro-gun rights) stating some provision that ?gun owners will be left alone in a provision in Obamacare? Although Larry Pratt of GOA didn't buy any of it at all.

Please watch this 3 minute CNN clip and give your thoughts on this.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2013, 12:05:14 pm »

http://www.cchrint.org/2011/02/02/these-popular-drugs-can-make-you-violent-%E2%80%93-avoid-them/
These Popular Drugs Can Make You Violent – Avoid Them
FoodConsumer.com
 by Dr. Mercola

Some medications have been linked to an increased risk for violent, even homicidal behavior. A recent study identified 31 drugs that are disproportionately linked with violent behavior.  Time Magazine lists the top ten offenders:
 1.Varenicline (Chantix): The number one violence-inducing drug on the list, this anti-smoking medication is 18 times more likely to be linked with violence when compared to other drugs
 2.Fluoxetine (Prozac): This drug was the first well-known SSRI antidepressant
 3.Paroxetine (Paxil): Another SSRI antidepressant, Paxil is also linked with severe withdrawal symptoms and a risk of birth defects
 4.Amphetamines: (Various): Used to treat ADHD
 5.Mefoquine (Lariam): A treatment for malaria which is often linked with reports of strange behavior
 6.Atomoxetine (Strattera): An ADHD drug that affects the neurotransmitter noradrenaline
 7.Triazolam (Halcion): This potentially addictive drug is used to treat insomnia
 8.Fluvoxamine (Luvox): Another SSRI antidepressant
 9.Venlafaxine (Effexor): An antidepressant also used to treat anxiety disorders
 10.Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq): An antidepressant which affects both serotonin and noradrenalin

How legal drugs affect your mental state is a very important issue that is not getting the attention it deserves. In recent years, prescription rates for antidepressants and related drugs have skyrocketed.
Whereas severe depression can indeed progress to suicide if left untreated, antidepressant drugs have been shown  to CAUSE both suicidal and homicidal thoughts and behaviors

http://www.plosone.org/article/slideshow.action?uri=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0015337&imageURI=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0015337.t001

Chantix is a whopping 18 times more likely to be linked with violence compared to other drugs, with 408 reported incidents.

These figures were collected from the US FDA’s Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), and it’s well worth noting here that only an estimated one to 10 percent of all side effects are ever reported to VAERS. So the fact that 408 acts of violence were linked to the drug and then actually reported is pretty amazing, considering the fact that the vast majority of side effects, regardless of what they are, are blamed on something else and connections are brushed aside as “coincidental.”
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2013, 12:59:21 pm »

Biden to Offer Gun Proposals by Tuesday

By MICHAEL D. SHEAR
Published: January 10, 2013

WASHINGTON — Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. will present President Obama with proposals for stemming gun violence by Tuesday, setting in motion legislative and executive actions that will encompass guns, ammunition, mental health services and violent images in popular culture.

“I have committed to him I will have his recommendations to him by Tuesday,” Mr. Biden said Thursday as he began meetings with sportsman and hunting groups to discuss the gun issue.

Mr. Biden did not say whether he would recommend a renewal of the 1994 assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004. But he cited several other measures, including efforts to limit the availability of high-capacity magazines and the need for what he called “near universal background checks” that would go beyond doing checks at gun shows.

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/us/politics/biden-to-meet-with-gun-advocates-including-nra.html?_r=0
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2013, 01:05:05 pm »

Biden Hints at Outlawing Unregulated 'Private' Gun Sales
Closing "the gun show loophole."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-hints-outlawing-unregulated-private-gun-sales_695080.html

12:56 PM, Jan 10, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

Vice President Joe Biden, in remarks today before a meeting on guns, suggested the Obama administration is seriously considering outlawing unregulated "private" gun sales:

"And so the kinds of things that there's an emerging set of recommendations, not coming from me but coming from the groups we've met with," said Biden today, before a closed door meeting on gun control. "And I'm going to focus on the ones that relate primarily to gun ownership and the type of weapons can be owned. And one is, there is a surprising -- so far -- a surprising recurrence of suggestions that we have universal background checks. Not just close the gun show loophole but total, universal background checks, including private sales."

Biden will present his recommendations on gun control to the president on Tuesday.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2013, 03:20:34 pm »

If the blind follow the blind, both shall fall into a ditch...let them alone...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/nra-gains-100000-new-paid-members-in-18-days/article/2518123

NRA gains 100,000 new paid members in 18 days

January 10, 2013 | 9:35 am

The National Rifle Association reveals this morning that it has gain over 100,000 new paid members in the past 18 days as their membership has jumped from 4.1 million to 4.2 million.

“Our goal is to get to 5 million before this debate is over,” a member of the organization tells Playbook this morning.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2013, 11:27:33 pm »

The English citizens have a message for Americans.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2013, 01:35:35 am »

Yeah, and Biden is talking about doing it by Executive Order. Uh, no.

Circumventing the Constitution with executive orders is still unconstitutional.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2013, 12:00:28 pm »

http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/school-shooting-survival-training-held-in-so-cal
School shooting survival training held in So. Cal
Posted: 01/09/2013
Last Updated: 1 day ago

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - Officials from Southern California colleges and schools are being trained in how to survive an attack by a campus gunman.

A two-day seminar concluded Tuesday with a simulated gunman stalking a dormitory at San Diego State University. About two dozen participants from school districts and universities in San Diego County, Los Angeles and Bakersfield, along with some police and private security personnel, took part.

They practiced barricading doors, hiding, escaping and confronting the gunman.

The seminar was planned months before December's Connecticut school massacre. In the wake of that attack, the San Diego school board on Tuesday ordered a safety review of all campuses. Staff will report back on ways to improve school safety and security in the event of attacks, fires, earthquakes or other disasters.

http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/csub-joins-several-southern-california-universities-in-attending-school-shooting-training-workshop
CSUB joins several southern California universities in attending school shooting training workshop
CSUB attends SDSU training seminar

Posted: 01/10/2013

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - Practice makes perfect. But in the case of school shootings, practice can mean the difference between life and death.

That's why San Diego State University held a training workshop to teach students and staff how to handle an on campus shooter.  Public safety officials from universities all over California attended, including California State University Bakersfield officials, who traveled the farthest.

The two-day workshop was led by Response Options, a critical incident response company specializing in active shooter and violent intruder events.

Students, staff and public safety officials were taught to proactively handle violent intruder and active shooter situations using the A.L.I.C.E. program (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate).

They may need to flee, they may need to hide, but they may also need to fight," said Response Options instructor Kerry Harris.  Participants learned simple tricks like throwing things at a gunman already in the room or barricading a door shut.

CSUB police chief Marty Williamson and another CSUB officer attended the workshop. Williamson said the best weapon in that situation is preparation and practice. "Infrastructure is only going to get you so far. It's the human element that will get people to survive. It's a mindset and actions taken," said Williamson.

CSUB students said they welcome any training that can give them a fighting chance.   

"I think it's fabulous because in todays world we need that extra training for our safety and all the students here and faculty," said CSUB student Marissa Torrigiani.

"Our first and foremost is the safety and security of the people on our campus. They're here to get educated, not to worry about something happening," said Williamson.  Williamson said CSUB regularly undergoes similar training.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2013, 12:16:47 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/georgia-republican-rep-phil-gingrey-favors-gun-control-162924309--politics.html

Georgia GOP Rep. Phil Gingrey favors gun control, discusses Akin’s **** remarks

Speaking at a local Chamber of Commerce breakfast on Thursday morning in his home state, Georgia Republican Rep. Phil Gingrey addressed some heavy issues, including the need for gun control in the wake of deadly shootings throughout the country, and former Missouri Rep. Todd Akin's controversial comments on the campaign trail last year about ****, saying Akin was "partly right."

As reported in the Marietta Daily Journal, Gingrey, a member of the conservative Republican Study Committee, said he would be open to some measures restricting high-capacity magazines and enforcing more rigorous requirements for background checks at gun shows.

“There are some problems, and maybe these huge magazines even for someone who says, ‘Look, I just use an AR-15 for target practice.' But do you really need to be standing there shooting at a silhouette a shot a second or even quicker with that kind of weapon? For what purpose?” Gingrey said, according to the Journal. “I would be willing to listen to the possibility of the capacity of a magazine.”

President Barack Obama plans to announce a proposal for stricter gun rules next week, and Gingrey's openness to an overhaul could help propel the Democratic administration's messaging effort.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2013, 12:36:44 pm »

Iowa lawmaker calls for retroactive gun ban,
confiscation of semi-automatic weapons

http://www.prisonplanet.com/iowa-lawmaker-calls-for-retroactive-gun-ban-confiscation-of-semi-automatic-weapons.html

David Martosko
Daily Caller
January 9, 2013

In an interview with the Daily Times Herald in Caroll, Iowa, state Rep. Dan Muhlbauer said governments should start confiscating semi-automatic rifles and other firearms.

Muhlbauer, a Democrat from the western Iowa town of Manilla, is a cattleman and farmer. The newspaper reported that he owns a .410 shotgun, a .22 rifle and a .22 pistol.

“We cannot have big guns out here as far as the big guns that are out here, the semi-automatics and all of them,” Muhlbauer told the newspaper during a December 19 audiotaped interview. “We can’t have those running around out here. Those are not hunting weapons.”

“We should ban those in Iowa,” he said, adding that such a ban should be applied retroactively.

“We need to get them off the streets — illegally — and even if you have them, I think we need to start taking them,” Muhlbauer told the Daily Times Herald. “We can’t have those out there. Because if they’re out there they’re just going to get circulated around to the wrong people. Those guns should not be in the public’s hands. There are just too many guns.”

Full article here
http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/09/iowa-lawmaker-calls-for-retroactive-gun-bans-confiscations-of-semi-automatic-weapons/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: