End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:46:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bible stories come to life on History

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bible stories come to life on History  (Read 7221 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2013, 10:20:35 am »

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2013, 10:44:18 am »

At the 2:10 mark, when Jesus is asked if he's the Son of God, he responds, "I am". Uhm...not quite says scripture...

Matthew 26:63  But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
Mat 26:64  Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven

Luke_22:70  Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.

And I don't recall him kissing people that he healed(when he did his 3.5 year ministry on earth, that is).

Hollywood is really ramping up these "Christian" movies next year, it seems like.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2013, 01:10:20 pm »

Actually, He does say "I am"...

60  And the high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, saying, Answerest thou nothing? what [is it which] these witness against thee?
61  But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
62  And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
63  Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
64  Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.
Mark 14:60-64 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 07:04:00 am »

History Eyes Drama About Jesus’ “Lost Years” From Eli Roth, Eric Newman & Scott Kosar That May Involve Exorcism

History scored big with its blockbuster The Bible miniseries. Now the cable network is exploring another project about Jesus that would portray him in a more controversial light. I’ve learned that the network is finalizing deals for the project, from feature writer Scott Kosar (The Machinist) and producers Eli Roth (the Hostel franchise) and Eric Newman (The Thing). Titled The Lost Years, the drama explores the undocumented years of Jesus’ life as a young adult. There is very little information about Jesus’ life from about the age of 13, following a pilgrimage to Jerusalem he took with his parents, to age 30, when he began his ministry and was baptized by John the Baptist. Because the project is in very early stages, it is unclear whether it would be developed as a regular series or a miniseries.

The Lost Years is based on an original idea by Kosar who developed it with Roth and Newman. All three have strong horror pedigree — Kosar co-wrote The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Amityville Horror and The Crazies, and Roth and Newman jointly produced The Last Exorcism franchise in addition to their other horror credits. That is not a coincidence — nor is Roth and Newman’s exorcism connection. I hear that The Lost Years was conceived in the horror genre, and it explores a theory about Jesus’ origins as an exorcist. Although the practice of ridding a person’s body of demons and evil spirits existed long before Jesus’ time, the term “exorcism” — which is done in Jesus’ name — wasn’t coined until later. In ancient times, when medicine was in its infancy, healing was done mainly on a spiritual level, essentially treating ailments by getting demons out the body. Thus the theory that, as the most powerful healer of his time, Jesus performed rituals akin to exorcism. Kosar is repped by Verve, Magnolia Entertainment and Howard Fishman. Roth and Newman are with CAA.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/jesus-tv-series-exorcism-history-eli-roth-scott-kosar-eric-newman/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 09:47:15 am »

In ancient times, when medicine was in its infancy, healing was done mainly on a spiritual level, essentially treating ailments by getting demons out the body.

Uhm...scripture makes a DISTINCT DIFFERENCE b/w sickness and demonic possession.

Mat_4:24  And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

And these filmmakers have grossly overlooked this...

Mark 2:8  And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?
Mar 2:9  Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
Mar 2:10  But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
Mar 2:11  I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 12:10:18 pm »

So some horror film makers want to do a film on Jesus? Well of course they do! Never pass up an opportunity to spread more lies  Roll Eyes

And of course they want to make Him look like some mystic, and not the Son of God. I guess they are going for the Abraham Lincoln vampire killer angle.

These kinds of people, I think, like to take creative license, because they don't believe for starters, and because the story idea comes from the heretical Gnostic texts as the basis, so it's not much of a stretch to embellish the story and twist it a little more beyond the lies of the Gnostics.

Exactly BA! Huge difference between sickness and possession.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2013, 05:12:28 am »

NBC Gives 'The Bible' Sequel The Green Light

"The Bible" was one of the most ambitious television projects of all time, and then it became one of the biggest cable hits of all time.

Premiering to 13.1 million viewers, the 10-hour miniseries was a smash hit for History, beating most everything else on television, including NBC. Well, the Peacock is ensuring that won't happen again. The network announced that it has greenlit the sequel, "A.D.: Beyond the Bible."

"We are firmly in the ‘event’ business and nothing has more event potential than 'A.D.' as it continues immediately after the 'The Bible' ended," NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement.

"Everyone’s lives were completely altered in an instant and the immediate aftermath of Christ’s death had an impact on his disciples, his mother Mary, and key political and religious leaders of the time," NBC president Jennifer Salke added. "In the first episode alone you see the last moments of the Crucifixion, Judas taking his own life after betraying Christ, Peter denying Jesus three times, and then the miracle of the Resurrection."

The husband-and-wife team of Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, who created and produced "The Bible," are on board for the sequel as well. The couple said in a statement, "It is the story that changed the world. Millions have died for it and billions live by it. We know that an enormous community will be counting the days until 'A.D.' premieres. We look forward to making this an epic global television event."

Considering "The Sound of Music Live!" scored 18.6 million viewers for NBC, there is tremendous potential for "A.D." to smash its predecessor's ratings.

Even with impressive cable ratings these days on shows like "The Walking Dead" and "Duck Dynasty," there's still nothing like the reach of the broadcast networks to attract a massive audience.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/18/nbc-the-bible-sequel_n_4464329.html?utm
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2013, 09:30:57 am »

The opening of the 1st seal in Rev 6 is getting closer and closer...
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 09:38:11 pm »

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/jesus-movie-son-god-cuts-obama-lookalike-played-202132649.html
‘Son of God’ Cuts Satan Scenes Featuring Obama Lookalike
2/17/14

“Son of God” producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey have cast Satan out of their upcoming Biblical epic about Jesus Christ, an individual familiar with the 20th Century Fox project has told TheWrap.

“Son of God” is a reshaped version of last year’s hit History Channel miniseries “The Bible,” which co-starred Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni as Satan. Burnett and Downey came under fire last year because Ouazanni bears a striking resemblance to President Barack Obama, though the producers said at the time that the casting controversy was unintentional and merely coincidental.

“Someone made a comment that the actor who played the devil vaguely resembled our president, and suddenly the media went nuts,” Downey said in a statement Monday. “The next day, when I was sure everyone would only be talking about Jesus, they were talking about Satan instead. For our movie, ‘Son of God,’ I wanted all of the focus to be on Jesus. I want his name to be on the lips of everyone who sees this movie, so we cast Satan out. It gives me great pleasure to tell you that the devil is on the cutting room floor.”

20th Century Fox will release “Son of God” on Feb. 28. The 10-hour miniseries has been pared down to two hours, which meant sacrificing Satan’s scenes to focus on Jesus.

The end of February has proven to be a lucrative time of year for faith-based movies, as “The Passion of the Christ” earned $125 million in its first five days after opening on Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2004.

The post ‘Son of God’ Cuts Satan Scenes Featuring Obama Lookalike appeared first on TheWrap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1John 3:8  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 03:53:18 am »

They cut a 10 hour mini series down to 2 hours? Wow, is there anything left? I'm sure they left the heretical parts in though.

“Son of God” is a reshaped version of last year’s hit History Channel miniseries “The Bible,”

So is this show suppose to be a continuation, or simply a redo of the first show?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2014, 09:42:57 am »

They cut a 10 hour mini series down to 2 hours? Wow, is there anything left? I'm sure they left the heretical parts in though.

So is this show suppose to be a continuation, or simply a redo of the first show?

Or another opportunity to make $$. For the love of money is the root of all evil...
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 03:58:46 am »

No doubt another cash making effort for them. I just was wondering if they are saying it's a completely new effort, or like the continuation from the first movie that they said they were doing.

This appears to be a new effort, as "The Bible" left off after Jesus had ascended.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 06:24:25 am »

lazy
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2014, 05:19:11 am »

February 20, 2014
Roma Downey: Why we cut Satan from “Son of God”

The devil was trying to hurt our movie about Jesus. So we cast him out.

by Roma Downey

http://www.faithstreet.com/onfaith/2014/02/20/roma-downey-why-we-cut-satan-from-son-of-god/31005

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2014, 05:35:51 am »

Shocked

She actually said that, and was serious? That's a jaw-dropper.

That kind of mentality and lack of faith, while proclaiming a faith in God, sends chills down my spine that people really are that way, truly blind, living in the darkness of their own lack of faith.

And the reason I say lack of faith is by her admission of fear that the enemy would even have the ability to mess up her little heretical sideshow called a movie.

Personally, I'd call that idiot out, front and center. Call him liar right to his face, just like Jesus says to.

Jesus says, "Resist the devil and he will flee from you".
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2014, 04:51:09 am »

The “Son of God” Movie Is NOT What We Think–Do You Know The Voice of Your Master

Last year the History Channel featured the epic television event, “The Bible Series,” which was produced by Roma Downey and her husband Mark Burnett. This show captivated audiences and became the talk of many churches. Churches even purchased pre-written sermons to go along with the show, which according to outreach.com made it into 180,000 churches.

Roma and Mark were endlessly interviewed in Christian magazines, and on Christian radio. All along saying that they were sold out Christians and believers filled with the Holy Spirit.

And the churches bought it.

They promoted it.

And yet, as I watched “The Bible Series,” I personally became furious at how much they twisted the word of God. Not just omitting things for the sake of time–but changing the theme, the message, and the nature of Bible characters, and the nature of God Himself. That is unforgivable.

God will judge that.

I was furious.

My husband and I were sitting in our darkened living room with our bowls of ice cream and we couldn’t even get five minutes into it without pausing it and discussing how, not only is it different than the Bible, but that the way that it is different changes so much of the truth of God and the Bible. We would talk about what message it is sending to people that don’t know God. It got so bad that I had to write about it.

I wrote about it in “Wake Up! — me screaming then apologizing for some strange reason” and later in “The Bible Series on the History Channel–Turning The Word of God into Hebrew Myth“

All along the thing that got me the most upset was how easily the church allowed Roma Downey and Mark Burnett to come in and deceive us. We gave up our pulpits to strangers, thinking they were like us but all along they were fake Christians.

Did you know that?

They are NOT real Christians.

They are full on New Agers.

This is portion of what I wrote on this topic last year:

big article, must read: http://thelasthiker.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/the-son-of-god-movie-is-not-what-we-think-do-you-know-the-voice-of-your-master/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:32:21 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2014, 10:59:11 am »

Churches even purchased pre-written sermons to go along with the show, which according to outreach.com made it into 180,000 churches.

Roma and Mark were endlessly interviewed in Christian magazines, and on Christian radio. All along saying that they were sold out Christians and believers filled with the Holy Spirit.

And the churches bought it.

They promoted it.

Satan is called the "prince of the power of the air" in scripture as well - meaning the entire MSM, airwaves, etc are runned by him(pretty much).

They also pulled the same stunt with Rick Warren and his PDL 10 years ago - where the media just out of nowhere started promoting him(and Bill Hybels) 24/7, and presto - the churches bought into it and further promoted him and his book.(ie-I was just a window-shopping Churchianity type then, but nonetheless it left me scratching my head over how this guy rose to popularity)

Did you know that?

They are NOT real Christians.

They are full on New Agers.

Roma Downey's "Touched by an Angel" was also New Age - this show's messages didn't say a word about Jesus Christ.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2014, 12:02:38 pm »

14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15  Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
2 Corinthians 11:14,15 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2014, 10:42:58 pm »

http://standupforthetruth.com/2014/02/religious-leaders-stripes-endorse-son-god-movie/

Religious leaders of all stripes endorse Son of God movie

Hear from our friends and partners, some of the nation’s leading influencers in faith, who offer insightful commentary on selected scenes from the movie Son of God.

You can have hours of fun on the Son of God movie trailer site, where some of the biggest mega-names in the visible church are partnering and promoting the movie based on last year’s History Channel series, The Bible.

Yes, we’ve already seen most of this. It is, after all, the “just the Jesus” part of the original miniseries. Well, minus the devil character, who apparently looked too much like President Obama to be included in the final cut.

Who are the project sponsors?   T.D. Jakes, RIck Warren, Joel Osteen, Pat Robertson, Bill Hybels, a couple of Roman Catholic cardinals and archbishops, Leith Anderson, Erwin McManus, Paula White, Christine Caine, George Wood, Crai Groeshel and many others representing some of the more concerning movements in Christendom.

Click on the photo image to hear what these leaders have to say. Pay particular attention to Bill Hybels’ take on the “We’re-going-to-change-the-world-(said-no-Bible-verse-ever)” exchange between Jesus and Peter.  It’s all about vision casting! No kidding!
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2014, 03:19:32 am »

One thing that I do rejoice over with this whole churchianity lie and the way they use media, is that their own efforts to make movies, videos, etc. just serves to condemn them. I mean how else could that group of alleged expert evangelicals promote a movie that tells a lie? Because they themselves don't know what the truth is. They live in darkness and without discernment beyond the very basics, and on even the basics, some have it wrong doctrinally.

More than once out of frustration with these types and the junk information they put out, I've had thoughts of a movie that IS doctrinally correct, and not some churchianity Easter play. But thankfully, God calms me down and reminds me that wouldn't fly in the world. They don't want the truth, because the real truth exposes their sins that they refuse to admit to. Talk about the world's door closing on you at every turn! I'd expect just that, rejection, from the world for such a project. And the biggest protesters? I'd expect that to be churchianity and it's degreed theologians. Besides, thinking there should be such a counter movie to the world's lies is of the flesh, it's me trying again to take on the task that belongs to Jesus. His Word WILL prosper where it's sent. It will not return void. Jesus makes sure of that, with me or without me. Thank you Jesus!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2014, 05:26:54 am »

Mark Burnett and Roma Downey to Direct 'Ben Hur,' Paramount Learned from Mistakes of 'Noah'

Christian husband and wife team Mark Burnett and Roma Downey have signed with Paramount to direct the remake of “Ben Hur.” Burnett and Downey produced the hit television miniseries “The Bible.”

Faith Driven Consumer believes that Paramount Pictures learned from its mistakes with “Noah.” The media group says that Darren Aronofsky’s direction did not appeal to the Christian consumers that flocked to the box office.

“If faith driven consumers were a core target for “Noah,” Darren Aronofsky was the wrong choice,” Faith Driven Consumer founded Chris Stone said.

Stone is optimistic about the story that the couple will create with “Ben Hur” when it is released in February 2016.

“Burnett and Downey...have a strong track record of success in understanding, respecting, and reaching Faith Driven Consumers. If “Ben Hur” is managed like their previous projects -- which are the model of how to do this right -- it could be the next “Passion of the Christ,” which set the standard for Biblical box office performance,” he said.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2014, 11:30:43 am »

Faith Driven Consumer believes that Paramount Pictures learned from its mistakes with “Noah.” The media group says that Darren Aronofsky’s direction did not appeal to the Christian consumers that flocked to the box office.

Well, neither did Mel Gibson's "Passion", CS Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia", "Son of God", "God's Not Dead", etc, etc stay true to scripture.

Pretty soon - the majority of Hellywood movies will be these "faith driven" movies, and all of Churchianity will be singing "kumbaya!" like they defeated liberalism.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2015, 06:42:40 am »

Roma Downey Discusses Passion for Bringing Bible Stories to Life

Filmmaker Roma Downey’s passion is bringing biblical stories to life on the big and small screens. Working alongside her husband Mark Burnett, she produced the widely popular miniseries “The Bible” and the full-length film “Son of God.” Previously, Downey played the angel Monical on the TV series “Touched by an Angel.”

The Irish-born filmmaker told Irish Central that she feels called to spread the gospel through movies and television, especially considering the world events of today.

Downey compared the biblical disciples to modern persecuted Christians, saying, “You can’t help but see the parallels to these early believers and how brutally they were tortured. It’s inexcusable that it’s happening and that we’re not making more noise about it in this country.” 

Downey’s upcoming projects includes a four hour miniseries based on the bestselling book “The Dovekeepers.”

She explained, “A group of Jews escape the fall of the temple in 70 A.D. and they take refuge in a hilltop retreat built by one of the Herods. Their hope is to be left in peace but the Romans pursue them.”

The series will air on March 31 and April 1.

The next major project for Downey will be the remake of biblical epic “Ben Hur,” which is to be released next February. 

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/roma-downey-discusses-passion-for-bringing-bible-stories-to-life.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2015, 07:36:27 am »

The Christ of Lightworkers Media

Roma Downey is the co-owner, with her husband Mark Burnett, of Lightworkers Media, the producer of The Bible miniseries which aired in 2013 (the History Channel) and The Son of God movie which appeared in 2014 (20th Century Fox). The movie was adapted from the miniseries. In December 2014, Lightworkers Media will air Women of Bible.

The fact that Roma’s productions are widely promoted by “evangelical” Christians is evidence of the width and depth of the apostasy that we are witnessing in these end times.

The Bible miniseries was endorsed by Rick Warren, Jim Daly of Focus on the Family, T.D. Jakes, Joel Osteen, Lisa Harper of Women of Faith, Luis Palau, Dick Rolfe, and many others. Osteen, Warren, and Jakes were advisers for the Lightworkers Media production. Rick Warren rented movie theaters for the showing of the Son of God movie. Osteen purchased and distributed 8,000 tickets.

Victoria Osteen and Kay Warren appear in the Women of the Bible. These women are wives of the pastors of two of the largest “evangelical” churches in America. Joyce Meyer is also featured in Women of the Bible.

Roma Downey played a prominent role in the January 2015 We Will Stand Contemporary Music concert, which featured Michael W. Smith, Amy Grant, Newsboys, Don Moen, Mark Schultz, Sandi Patti, Travis Cottrell (Beth Moore’s worship leader), Steven Curtis Chapman, Steve Green, Dallas Holm, Russ Taff, The Imperials, Don Francisco, First Call, Michael Omartian, Francesca Battistelli, Kari Jobe, Laura Story, Petra, 4Him, Point of Grace, Carman, Nicole Mullen, among others.

Downey’s productions have been hugely popular.

The first episode of The Bible, which ran on March 2013, was seen by more than 13 million viewers, the largest cable television audience that year (“Mark Burnett’s The Bible begets record ratings,” Entertainment Weekly, March 4, 2013). When The Bible was released on DVD a month later, it quickly sold more than one-half million copies to become the top-selling TV miniseries. Within the first month, the miniseries had been viewed by an estimated 95 million people (“#1 TV on DVD in last five years,” HollywoodJesus.com, April 8, 2013). The YouVersion Bible App, the official app of The Bible miniseries, had 88 million downloads and was the in top 15 of all free apps in the iTunes store.

The Son of God movie made $26.5 million in its first weekend, and within three months it had grossed $68 million.

Shouldn’t we rejoice that multitudes of people are seeing these multimedia presentations about the Bible and Jesus?

God warns His people to prove all things and to try the spirits. He warns of false christs and false spirits and false gospels.

“For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many” (Matthew 24:5).

“But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ” (2 Corinthians 11:3).

“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world” (1 John 4:1).

In light of what Roma Downey believes and practices, it is obvious that her programs and movies are introducing people to a false christ, a false spirit, and a false gospel.

NEW AGE SELF WORSHIP

Roma, who became famous for her role as “the angel Monica” in the New-agey TV series Touched by an Angel, is a Roman Catholic who holds New Age principles and communes with the dead.

Touched by an Angel promotes the New Age doctrines that men are not estranged from God by sin, that they do not have to be reconciled through Christ’s atonement, that God is the Father of all men, that angels are not perfect, and that salvation is by human kindness.

When Roma was married in 2007 to television producer Mark Burnett (her second marriage), the ceremony was performed by Della Reese, her co-star in Touched by an Angel. Reese is the co-founder with Johnnie Coleman of the Understanding Principles for Better Living Church. Coleman is a New Thought minister of the Unity School of Christianity, which teaches, “We are Divine through the Christ within, the individualization of God in us.”

Roma graduated from the University of Santa Monica with a masters degree in Spiritual Psychology. The university was “founded by New Age spiritual and self-help guru John-Roger” (“Roma Downey Happy Out of Spotlight,” Beck/Smith Hollywood, April 23, 2013). The university’s web site describes Spiritual Psychology as “the study and practice of the art and science of human evolution in consciousness.” It says that the benefits of Spiritual Psychology include “experiencing enhanced spiritual awareness through knowing yourself as a Divine Being,” “individual evolution,” and “learning to relate to yourself with greater compassion and awareness of yourself as a Divine Being having a human experience.”

The New Age book Loyalty to Your Soul by Ron and Mary Hulnick carries Roma Downey’s recommendation as follows: “The teachings in this beautiful book have sent me on a journey to the very center of my own being where, wrapped in the safe wings of Love, I feel as though I have come home.”

Loyalty to Your Soul teaches self worship. “Center your awareness in your heart and consciously look for the Loving Essence in the person in your presence. By doing so, you’re signifying your respect for the Soul before you ...  Maintain awareness that you’re in conversation with another Divine Being who is engaged in having a human experience” (p. 209).

She says that she listens to books on tape by New Age guru Eckhart Tolle, who teaches the divinity of man. (See our book The New Age Tower of Babel for documentation.) Tolle says, “God, the scripture is saying, is formless consciousness and the essence of who you are” (The New Earth, p. 219), and, “Christ is your God-essence or Self” (The Power of Now, p. 104).

COMMUNING WITH MARY

Roma says, “I have prayed to Mary and loved her my whole life” (“The Bible: An Epic Mini-Series,” Catholiclane.com, Feb. 28, 2013). (She plays the part of Mary in The Bible miniseries.) She promotes the use of the Rosary as a meditation practice. By this, practitioners pray to Mary as the Queen of Heaven and the Mother of God. The Catholic Mary is a mediator between God and man who can hear and answer the prayers of every petitioner, thus having the divine attributes of omnipresence and omnipotence.

COMMUNING WITH THE DEAD

Roma also communes with the dead. On the Crossing Over television program on the Sci-Fi Channel in 2002, she supposedly talked to her mother through the mediumship of psychic Jonathan Edwards (Drew MacKenzie, “Roma’s TV chat to dead mother,” TheFreeLibrary.com). Roma’s CD “Meditation” is included with Jonathan Edward’s book Practical Praying: Using the Rosary to Enhance Your Life.

“And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people” (Leviticus 20:6).

“And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?” (Isaiah 8:19).

A FALSE CHRIST

The christ of The Bible miniseries and The Son of God movie is not the Christ of Scripture. The christ of Lightworkers Media is the typical long-haired hippy of popular mythical imagination. He looks and acts like a cool surfer dude, a miracle-working super hero. He does not call people to repentance from sin; he does not warn of hell; he does not require the new birth for salvation. The christ of The Bible miniseries and The Son of God movie is the non-judgmental christ of The Shack, a christ who accepts everyone, sees the goodness in every person, and “puts no obligations on anyone.” He is a cool, modern christ. At the Last Supper, the christ of the Son of God movie does not mention “the forgiveness of sins” in connection with the cup and his death.

The Son of God promotes a New Age world in which all men will be saved, in which all religions are accepted by God. Before he is beheaded, John the Baptist says, “His [Jesus] power will draw all men to a new world.”

“In the ‘Son of God’ what they are trying to present is not the Orthodox Christ, but one who’s message is not of repentance but of uniting all faiths into and earthly kingdom where all are welcome. In Antichrist’s kingdom heretics and sinners, all are told they are accepted as they are” (“Son of God: A Charismatic Revival Masterpiece,” Orthodox Views, March 1, 2014).

It can be no accident that the actor of The Son of God movie bears an uncanny resemblance to a New Age “cosmic christ” and ascended master called Sananda who is channelled by occultists.

http://wayoflife.org/index_files/the_christ_of_lightworkers_media.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2015, 05:47:24 am »

#Blacklivesmatter in Mark Burnett and Roma Downey’s ‘A.D.’ Series

When “The Bible” miniseries premiered two years ago, controversy swirled around its depiction of a dark-skinned Satan who some said resembled President Obama, as well as its portrayal of white main characters in the Moroccan landscape.

Fast-forward to the premiere of the sequel, “A.D. The Bible Continues,” on Easter Sunday (April 5), and you’ll see a decidedly more multicultural cast, the result of “honest” conversations between black church leaders and the filmmakers, Hollywood power couple Mark Burnett and Roma Downey.

“For too long religious programming has neither reflected the look of biblical times or the diversity of the church today,” tweeted the Rev. Barbara Williams-Skinner, a Maryland-based black activist, writer and scholar. “We made this point to Mark and Roma after #BibleSeries, and quite frankly they listened. I’m glad for that.”

Now, in a partnership with the 12-part NBC miniseries, an African-American Christian publishing house will host online resources to help viewers connect the holy book to Africa.

“The discussion about biblical characters is not just limited to portraying them as European; there are some other considerations that need to be brought into it,” said the Rev. Melvin Banks, founder of Urban Ministries Inc., a 45-year-old organization that serves some 10,000 predominantly black churches.

“These resources that we are bringing to bear allow for this kind of discussion to take place.”

It’s a long-overdue conversation, said Bishop Vashti McKenzie, the first woman bishop in the African Methodist Episcopal Church. “Many still have the Charlton Heston image in their minds and many still deny that there was a black presence in the Bible,” she tweeted on Monday (March 30) in an online conversation with Burnett and Downey hosted by Joshua DuBois, the African-American aide who directed the White House’s faith-based office.

Developers hope the online curriculum — including podcasts and artwork featuring Jesus and other biblical characters as people of color — will tap into the #BlackLivesMatter movement that has sprung up in the wake of recent deaths of unarmed African-American men at the hands of white police officers.

“Our desire is to connect the biblical stories with African and African-American history and let that help us to address many of the issues that our people face currently, especially young people but all age levels,” Banks said.

Burnett and Downey, who met in February with Banks at UMI’s Chicago headquarters, have emphasized the changes they’ve made in “A.D.,” which picks up with Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection and traces the life of the early church.

“We spoke to a lot of the African-American church leaders and really took to heart about how society looks, and how it would have looked at the time (of Jesus) with Judea being the crossroads of different cultures,” Burnett told Religion News Service in an interview.

He cited a number of characters portrayed by black actors, including Mary Magdalene and the apostles John, James and Philip.

“It’s a very, very diverse cast, and appropriately so,” said Burnett, who noted the significance of the choice of Chinese-Zimbabwean actress Chipo Chung as Mary Magdalene.

“Jesus chose to reveal his resurrected self to a woman, and in the case of ‘A.D.’ that woman happens to be a black woman, and I think that speaks volumes about our society,” he said.

His wife was even more direct in the Twitter conversation with DuBois. “The actors playing James, John, Mary Magadalene & more are simply amazing. This isn’t token diversity. They’re just GOOD,” said Downey, best known for her role on “Touched by an Angel.”

Banks, who said he was concerned about some of the depictions in the earlier series, said the presence of more people of color reflects the biblical history. His ministry’s online discussion will include questions about the portrayal of Mary Magdalene in “A.D.”

“All of the knowledge that we have of the Middle East says that there were people of color as a part of that whole makeup,” said Banks, whose ministry was one of the first to feature people of color in its Bibles and Christian education materials. “Therefore, to portray Mary Magdalene as African-American would be considered with the geography of that area, as well as John the apostle of Christ.”

The online discussions will feature the work of a multicultural group of scholars — including the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama’s former pastor, and United Methodist theologian Thomas C. Oden.

Banks hopes churches will use UMI’s questions and research during Sunday school and midweek Bible studies after watching the episodes. Individuals can also download study guides and commentaries.

One week’s discussion will center on the Ethiopian eunuch, described in the eighth chapter of Acts and featured (as a black man) in the series.

“That brother went up to worship, and he heard from Philip that the messiah was the one promised in the Old Testament,” said Banks. “He not only accepted the Lord himself; he went back to his native country of Ethiopia and he spread the word.”

http://www.christianheadlines.com/news/blacklivesmatter-in-mark-burnett-and-roma-downey-s-a-d-series.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2015, 06:51:17 am »

SOUTHERN BAPTISTS AND CATHOLICS PRAISING NEW AGER'S WORK
(Friday Church News Notes, April 10, 2015, www.wayoflife.org, fbns@wayoflife.org, 866-295-4143) -

Southern Baptists, Catholics, Pentecostals, and emergents are praising the latest work of the New Age entertainer Roma Downey. Those who praise Downey's newest production, A.D. The Bible Continues, include Ronnie Floyd, President of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), Ed Stetzer of the SBC's LifeWay Research, George Wood, General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God, Catholic Cardinal Donald Wuerl, Joel Osteen, T.D. Jakes, Andy Stanley, Max Lucado, Perry Noble, and Rick Warren.

The praise from these men is effusive and lacking any warning about Downey's apostasy. For example, Stetzer says, "In 'A.D.', Mark and Roma have masterfully brought together the text and context, bringing the story alive in a fresh, new way--showing the true promise and peril of the early church situation. 'A.D.' is amazing television, and a gift to the church." Roma Downey is the Roman Catholic co-creator with husband Mark Burnett of the History Channel's popular The Bible miniseries and The Son of God movie. She calls Pope Francis "a new pope of hope" ("Roma Downey," Christian Post, April 4, 2013). She says, "I have prayed to Mary and loved her my whole life" ("The Bible: An Epic Mini-Series," Catholiclane.com, Feb. 28, 2013).

She promotes the use of the rosary as a meditation practice by which she prays to Mary as the Queen of Heaven and the Mother of God. The Catholic Mary is sinless and can hear and answer the prayers of every petitioner, thus having the divine attributes of mediatorship, omnipresence, and omnipotence. But Roma Downey's heresies exceed those pertaining to Rome's papacy, sacramental gospel, and communion with a demon masquerading as Mary. Roma graduated from the University of Santa Monica with a graduate degree in Spiritual Psychology, which is described at the school's web site as "the study and practice of the art and science of human evolution in consciousness." The benefits of Spiritual Psychology include "experiencing enhanced spiritual awareness through knowing yourself as a Divine Being" and "learning to relate to yourself with greater compassion and awareness of yourself as a Divine Being having a human experience."

Why would any Bible-believing Christian recommend movies produced by a New Ager without the loudest and most fervent qualification, at the very least? "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" (2 Cor. 6:14).

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2016, 07:11:58 pm »

Actress Roma Downey and Producer Husband Mark Burnett Launch Faith-Based TV Network

Actress Roma Downey and her producer husband Mark Burnett are getting ready to launch their new faith and family-based TV network.

According to CBN News, the couple said there is a high demand for wholesome, family-friendly and faith-based entertainment and that Christian audiences often feel like there is a lack of programs they want to watch on TV.

The new network is called “Light TV” and will launch next month. It will be broadcasted on more than a dozen major broadcast networks, including networks in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.

"This is the beginning of our new, multi-platform faith and family network, where the demand is greater than ever for family-friendly entertainment," Downey told Variety Magazine.

Downey and Burnett have already been involved in producing faith-based entertainment, including “The Bible” series and the film “Son of God.”

"As we have already seen from the success of 'The Bible' series and our 20 million social followers, this audience is looking for inspiring and uplifting programming that they can watch in a trusted and safe environment on any platform,” said Downey.

The new network will broadcast 24-hours a day and will feature wholesome films such as “Rocky,” “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang,” “The Nutcracker,” and “Hoosiers.”

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/actress-roma-downey-and-producer-husband-mark-burnett-launch-faith-based-tv-network.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: