End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 02:02:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

THINGS THAT REALLY TICK ME OFF, adding false teaching to good teaching

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THINGS THAT REALLY TICK ME OFF, adding false teaching to good teaching  (Read 379 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2013, 08:23:34 am »

I found an excellent series of articles on spiritual gifts. Of course the one i come across is the last part. So i decide to find and read the other 3 to see how the author drew his conclusions, and right off he starts with a fundamentally flawed perspective, after saying lets go to the Bible and see what it says. Here is the series of articles, see if you can find the part that just ticked me off.

Part 1: http://sharperiron.org/article/addressing-charismatic-question
Part 2: http://sharperiron.org/article/addressing-charismatic-question-part-2
Part 3: http://sharperiron.org/article/miraculous-gifts-if-they-ceased-when
Part 4: http://sharperiron.org/article/miraculous-gifts-if-they-ceased-why

Angry
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 12:50:58 pm »

OK, I've only read parts 1 and 4(will do 2 and 3 later), but here's what bothered me in part 4...

The Lord Jesus promised that He would give additional revelation to His church through His authorized representatives—namely, the apostles (John 14:23–26; 16:12–15). By extension, additional revelation would also come to the church through New Testament prophets who operated under the authority of the Apostles.

The apostles, therefore, rightly recognized their own inspired writings as being part of the biblical canon, on par with the books of the Old Testament (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 3:15–16). New Testament prophecy had to be measured against apostolic teaching (cf. Rom. 12:6 where it is best translated “the faith”; 1 Thess. 5:20–22; compare 1 Cor. 14:29 with Acts 17:11). The danger of false prophets was a constant reality in the first century church.

Now that the New Testament canon is complete, there is no longer a need for prophetic revelation in the church today. Moreover, now that the apostles have passed off the scene, it would be impossible to authenticate modern-day prophecies as actually being from God.

So the Lord promised "additional" revelation in the NT, but en yet in the 3rd paragraph here he says there's no need for prophetic revelation in the church today? Yes, I agree with the latter, but point being that he seems to be contradicting himself just a tad bit here(or if intentional, being subtlely deceptive). As for the "addition" revelation part, WHAT "additional"...the NT prophecies came to pass after the OT prophets prophecized they would happen. See what I'm trying to say here?

The gifts were not to be used selfishly. But they were to contribute to the mutual edification of the body of Christ. In 1 Corinthians 12:7 Paul states that, “To each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.” This is consistent with Ephesians 4:11–12 in which the gifts of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers are given by Christ so that the body might be edified.

"the common good"? Isn't that what comminism, and for that matter Emergent Theology/Social Justice preach?

Thus, continuing edification in the church is not dependent on the continuation of the miraculous sign gifts or the revelatory gifts. The apostolic age has ended and the canon is complete. Yet, through the apostolic witness of Scripture and the leading work of the Holy Spirit, believers continue to build up one another in the church—building on the foundation laid by the apostles and prophets—as they seek to glorify the Head, Jesus Christ.

Building? Look at the tense - he's using present tense in our present day. Look at what scripture says.

Eph 2:20  And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21  In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22  In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Again, I haven't read parts 2 and 3 yet, but these, I think, could be the errors in parts 1 and 4.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 01:21:27 pm »

From what I understand, the agendas of the charismatics is not only their so-called "tongue" speaking(which doesn't match what happened in Acts), but they are also deceived into thinking that it's the CHURCH that HAS TO usher in the Kingdom of God, which is why they feel things have to/will get better and better(when scripture clearly says things clearly get worse, and it's Jesus Christ who comes back on his timetable to establish the millenial kingdom).

Pt being that from parts 1 and 4 alone that I've read, especially in part 4 the writer in the links is using language like "building"(present tense) and "the common good" the modern-day charismatic movement holds strong to. He doesn't do it blatantly, but he's done it rather subtlely by using certain buzzwords the New Age Movement, NAR, charismatic movement, etc uses frequently.

Again, I will read parts 2 and 3, but this is what I got from what he was putting out.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 12:32:19 am »

Anyone?

Again, I've yet to read the 2nd and 3rd parts - but having read the 1st part, combined with some of the New Age/NAR/charismatic buzzwords in part 4 pretty much summed it up for me that this guy may have decided to slip in some of the other New Age/charismatic heresies aside from "tongues speaking".

For example, "common good", "building"(kingdom of God, etc) - this is the stuff the modern day charismatics are pushing all the time, and it's not just the "tongue speakers" that are doing so(ie-Rick Warren is also part of this camp).

This guy should know that with Christians, the kingdom of God is NIGH us, we DON'T have to go around the world building it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 06:15:02 pm »

Anyone?

as i said i read part 4, as that is what was posted on another site. I wanted to read the full set of articles to see where he drew his conclusions from. As soon as  started reading part 1 i came across this.

In assessing any theological position, it is vital to begin with the Word of God. If we are to rightly understand the gifts of the Spirit we must start by going to the Scriptures which He inspired.

I liked this, i really love those kind of statements. Lets go with what the Bible has to say.

But then i come to this.

The definitive passage on the gift of tongues is Acts 2—where both cessationists and continuationists agree that the phenomenon consisted of the supernatural ability to speak in previously unlearned human foreign languages.

This is a total lie. This s the same as Gen 3, Lets question Gods Word, and than Change Gods Word, than Lie about it. No one spoke in a different language, everyone heard what was being spoken in there own language.

Act 2:4  And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5  And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6  Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7  And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
Act 2:8  And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Speaking in tongues here is really a misnomer, it should be called hearing with ears as it was the person hearing what was being said in their own language. Peter wasnt speaking in french and german and what ever. t was the person hearing. So this guy says lets go look at what the Bible says and than he changes it and lies about it.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 06:26:03 pm »

Oh yeah...can't believe I missed that one(last quote you posted). Thanks!

Overall, that's what I thought too - each person was speaking in his OWN LANGUAGE(ie-tongues) which is what the SCRIPTURES say. Thought something was a bit suspicious when I read "unlearned...".

Anyhow, thought I would add the other stuff in part 4 which I found a bit suspicious(as I mentioned above - sounded like he has this "let's BUILD the kingdom of God on earth OURSELVES" attitude).

As for understanding what tongues is from the modern-day church - it seems like the modern-day pastor has no clue what it means. My previous pastor's church partnered with Bill Bright's ministry, if memory serves.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: