End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:16:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Stupid things people say...

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid things people say...  (Read 11946 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2013, 10:54:28 am »

Uhm...Santa doesn't even exist... Roll Eyes

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/fox-news-host-megyn-kelly-says-jesus-and-santa-are-white-193322244.html
Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Jesus and Santa are white
12/12/13

Fox News host Megyn Kelly has made herself the center of a racial controversy by declaring that Jesus Christ and Santa Claus are white.

On Wednesday night, Kelly was responding to an article by Slate writer Aisha Harris, who wrote an article entitled “ Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore  .”

The popular news host told viewers of “The Kelly File,” her hit FNC program, “When I saw this headline, I kinda laughed and I said, ‘Oh, this is ridiculous. Yet another person claiming it's racist to have a white Santa.’ And by the way, for all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white. But this person is maybe just arguing that we should also have a black Santa. But, you know, Santa is what he is, and just so you know, we're just debating this because someone wrote about it, kids.”

Of course, a number of critics were quick to point out that Santa Claus is a fictional character. And while he was based on St. Nicholas, a white man, his exact description is largely left up to individual interpretation.

However, after a guest on Kelly’s show defended the Slate article, Kelly extended her argument to further claim that the historical figure Jesus Christ was in fact Caucasian:

“Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean it has to change. You know, I mean, Jesus was a white man, too,” Kelly said. “He was a historical figure; that's a verifiable fact — as is Santa, I want you kids watching to know that — but my point is: How do you revise it, in the middle of the legacy of the story, and change Santa from white to black?”

Unlike Santa, the racial heritage of Jesus Christ has been debated for years. Technically, the New Testament does not contain a description of his skin pigment, though most modern Western depictions do portray him as a white man. Though there is little to no factual or scholarly work on the biblical figure’s racial heritage, a 2011 BBC documentary “Son of God” attempted to create a modern composite of what Jesus might have looked like. The analysis concluded that such a historic figure would likely have had dark skin, based on the Middle Eastern desert climate in which the New Testament stories took place. “Experts have decided Jesus would have been anything but pearly white,” the BBC declared.

Interestingly, Kelly’s opinion offering comes only days after she told Jay Leno, “I am a straight news anchor. I am not one of the opinion hosts at Fox.”

Harris responded to Kelly’s broadcast  , noting her piece was intended to be “a little tongue-in-cheek,” but nonetheless declared, “If you’re seriously emphatic that he is white and must remain white, there’s a good chance that your view of the rest of the world is just as limited and unimaginative. I mean, we are talking about a magical man who slides down your chimney every Christmas Eve. Just so we’re clear.”

Ahhh, the Liberal Media... apparently there was WAY more to this story than the media was saying.

Megyn Kelly Responds to Santa Claus Critics: Get a Sense of Humor

Fox News Channel host Megyn Kelly took on the left-wing hate mob that has come after her following a humorous segment that she featured on her program Wednesday evening in which she and her guests staged a mock debate over the racial identity of Santa Claus.

To the haters, Kelly had a message tonight: Lighten up and learn to realize what satire is. “Humor is a part of what we try to bring to this show but sometimes that is lost on the humorless,” she said.

Since the Wednesday segment, an absurd controversy has been swirling around the newly minted primetime host in which Foxophobic television and internet outlets seemed unable (or unwilling) to comprehend that the entire segment, which began with a satirical disclaimer to “kids at home” that Santa was white and did exist, was not to be taken seriously.

After playing several clips of various television shows reacting to her remarks, Kelly commented further on the response: “This would be funny if it were not so telling about our society. In particular, the knee-jerk instinct by so many to race bait and to assume the worst in people, especially people employed by the very powerful Fox News channel.”

Indeed. As we noted yesterday, it seems that many leftists in this country seem to be psychologically disturbed that there is one television channel which is not controlled by Democratic partisans and therefore they seek to turn even the tiniest molehills into mountains when it comes to Fox News. The entire segment was a joke and for people to pretend otherwise speaks negatively of their intelligence or their honesty.

Kelly summarized the kerfuffle well when she added at the end: “The fact that an offhand jest that I made during a segment about whether Santa should be replaced by a penguin has now become a national firestorm says two things: race is still an incredibly volatile issue in this country and Fox News and yours truly are big targets for many people.”

A complete transcript of the segment which appeared on the December 13, 2013 edition of “The Kelly File” follows.

MEGYN KELLY: Also in the news tonight, is Santa Claus real and what does he look like? Hide the kids, Mom and Dad, spoiler alert! Apparently we ignited quite a controversy the other night in a segment about an essay that argued Santa should no longer be portrayed as a white man. The African-American author of the piece, Aisha Harris, was upset about the commercial depiction of Santa Claus as white and argued that a quote ‘fat old white man’ who is quote ‘melanin-deficient’ made her feel ashamed as a child, thus necessitating an image makeover.

In kicking off the light-hearted segment, I offered a tongue-in-cheek message for any kids watching saying that Santa, who I joked is a real person whose race is identifiable, is white, just as Harris claimed in her piece, but that we were debating whether that should somehow change.

(footage from December 11, 2013 edition of “The Kelly File”)

On Slate they have a piece, on dot-com, saying that Santa Claus should not be a white man anymore. And when I saw this headline, I kind of laughed. Yet another person claiming it’s racist to have a white Santa. By the way, for all you kids at home, Santa just is white but this person is arguing that maybe we should also have a black Santa. Santa is what he is and we are debating this because someone wrote about it.

But Jedediah, when I read the piece, the author seems to have—you know, she’s African-American. She seems to have real pain at having grown up with the image of a white Santa. She speaks about it kind of honestly saying I didn't understand why that had to be.

(return to live footage)

I realized that the piece by Harris, which said that Santa should be a penguin, was also tongue-in-cheek. That’s in part why we covered the story in the first place. Humor is a part of what we try to bring to this show but sometimes that is lost on the humorless. Cue the firestorm of controversy over my declaring Santa’s skin color: many questioning whether I understand that Santa is a mythical figure, others suggesting I am a racist who is outraged at the idea of a black Santa.

(footage from “CNN Newsroom”)

DON LEMON: All right this is a, everybody’s waiting for this segment. So grab your popcorn, turn the volume up in your office, close the door, sit down, here we go. If you thought Santa Claus or Jesus Christ were anything other than white, Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly wants you to know: you are wrong. Kelly says both were white and that’s a fact.

(edit cut in footage)

UNIDENTIFIED MAN: Thank you for trying to err on the side of inconclusivity, then definitely Penguin Santa makes sense. But to get outraged at the idea that there are non-white Santas is ridiculous because I guarantee you, right now, that if you would walk home with an African-American person almost anywhere in the country, you would find a black Santa Claus and black angels and a black Jesus.

(footage from MSNBC show “All In With Chris Hayes”)

AISHA HARRIS (Author of original Slate piece that started the controversy): I think that’s what bothered me the most about it was the way that Kelly and the others kind of were—she said it just so angrily. It kind of sunk in to me, it felt like you’re insisting that this not real figure must be white.

(footage from ABC show “Jimmy Kimmel Live”)

JIMMY KIMMEL: Right. All fictional people are white. It’s in the Bible, Santa just is white, like Christmas, it’s white Christmas. And by the way, what kids are watching Fox News at home? What weird kids are those?

(footage from “CNN Newsroom”)

UNIDENTIFIED MAN: Good luck.

LEMON: Good night. We’ll be back in a moment.

(return to live footage)

KELLY: Outraged? Well this would be funny if it were not so telling about our society. In particular, the knee-jerk instinct by so many to race bait. And to assume the worst in people, especially people employed by the very powerful Fox News Channel.

Contrary to what my critics have posited, neither my statement nor Harris’s, I’m sure, was motivated by racial fear or loathing. In fact, it was something far less sinister: a lifetime of exposure to the very same quote ‘commercials, mall casting calls, and movies’ Harris references in her piece. From ‘Miracle on 34th Street’ to the Thanksgiving Day parade to the national Christmas tree lighting, we continually see St. Nick as white man in modern-day America. Should that change? Well that debate got lost because so many couldn’t get past the fact that I acknowledged, as Harris did, that the most commonly depicted images of Santa does, in fact, have white skin.

By the way, I also did say that Jesus was white. As I’ve learned in the past two days, that is far from settled. For me, the fact that an offhand jest that I made during a segment about whether Santa should be replaced by a penguin has now become a national firestorm says two things: race is still an incredibly volatile issue in this country and Fox News and yours truly are big targets for many people.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2013/12/13/megyn-kelly-responds-santa-claus-conspiracy-theorists-get-sense-h#ixzz2nkgce3Yg
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: