End Times and Current Events
March 19, 2024, 04:18:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Note from moderator:

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Note from moderator:  (Read 3067 times)
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 07:29:01 pm »

sorry, but he was lost in all of this.

The verse says, "Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.", Kilikia  no where in his post stated that William should, how did you put it this party must confess his sins to us., no where in his post does he state this. please copy and paste where he does say this as i cannot find it.

In that case, it may have been that Vanessa just wanted to clarify it with the prayer-requester that he doesn't need to confess specific sins... and not a statement that she thought Kilika was telling him that he has to confess his sins to us. Yet, one would think that Kilika would have seen that clarification and just stated that that is what he meant.... if it is what he meant. Instead, he sent this private message to Vanessa:

"The Lord rebuke you. How dare you disrespect William, a very young brother that is seriously reaching out to the brethren for help. And you go and cause disruption by going off-topic and scolding me in public out of total disregard for William. How dare you! You got a beef with me woman, fine, but don't you dare go around blasting people like that and take away from anothers time of need.

As I said, and apparently you still don't get, a pm was in order considering the thread is from a person that is seeking immmediate help, not just a general discussion about what a person thinks about a verse or something.

God willing, what you should do is apologize profusely to William, and to the brethren for your disruption. Take the low seat and humble yourself before God.

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." James 4:10 (KJB)

Report Spam   Logged
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 07:37:25 pm »

Beware by what spirit ye are led!  Shocked

Sin is like a demon crouching at the door, "why are you so crestfallen", all fall short.

Humble ourselves and forgive one another.
I talk some major trash myself but in my case, it was a rabid post deleter, not just a woman basher.
Doesn't it make it right but it makes it understandable.

Us asperger types have trouble detecting intent sometimes via written words. gets us into a heap of cruddy duddy
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2011, 07:41:49 pm »

In that case, it may have been that Vanessa just wanted to clarify it with the prayer-requester that he doesn't need to confess specific sins... and not a statement that she thought Kilika was telling him that he has to confess his sins to us. Yet, one would think that Kilika would have seen that clarification and just stated that that is what he meant.... if it is what he meant. Instead, he sent this private message to Vanessa:

"The Lord rebuke you. How dare you disrespect William, a very young brother that is seriously reaching out to the brethren for help. And you go and cause disruption by going off-topic and scolding me in public out of total disregard for William. How dare you! You got a beef with me woman, fine, but don't you dare go around blasting people like that and take away from anothers time of need.

As I said, and apparently you still don't get, a pm was in order considering the thread is from a person that is seeking immmediate help, not just a general discussion about what a person thinks about a verse or something.

God willing, what you should do is apologize profusely to William, and to the brethren for your disruption. Take the low seat and humble yourself before God.

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." James 4:10 (KJB)

Your getting ahead of the conversation. If Kilikia never stated that. than his first response would have been understandable. Yes?
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 07:42:36 pm »

im trying to understand how this whole mess started in the first place. now i am starting to understand. You said it is because Kilikia said William should confess his sins to US. well where does he say this at?

I'm sorry... its either that or that Vanessa was trying to clarify with kilika that it doesn't mean he has to confess his specific sins to us. Let me look at it, again. Either way, it wouldn't have been an issue if it were not for the pm... and a person ought not feel he or she need to ask in private message whether he or she can post something or not. Whether or not it was helpful to the conversation, which I think it was, and kilika obviously thinks it was not, but whether or not it was, I guess it is a matter of opinion... and the private message was way out of line... and not only that... but it is no way for a man to talk to a woman.... and I have a feeling that Vanessa's husband would agree... and that is not meant as a threat, it is meant to remind a man to think of what a woman's husband would think, and to think of what he, himself would think if a man were to speak that way to HIS wife...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 07:52:45 pm »

and a person ought not feel he or she need to ask in private message whether he or she can post something or not...

stop right there. please copy and paste where he said this at.
Report Spam   Logged

tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 07:55:20 pm »

Your getting ahead of the conversation. If Kilikia never stated that. than his first response would have been understandable. Yes?

No. Why do you say that? Let's find the conversation and post it. Either way, his private message is still very inappropriate. It is no way for a man to talk to a woman. It is not even a way for a man to talk to a man... or for any person to talk to any person! .... but it is worse that kilika is a man and he would be talking that way to a woman... and it is no wonder he did it in private! He would not want anyone to see him doing it in public!

I'm sorry... but he needs to apologize. I'm sure Vanessa will forgive him.... though I cannot speak for her... and it might take a little bit of time.... and prayer...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 08:00:21 pm »

No. Why do you say that? Let's find the conversation and post it.

"Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16 (KJB)

Notice the operative word "and"? Which is followed by, "pray for one another, that ye may be healed"? Did you forget that part of the verse? Or the last part? What wrong have I done, except post the truth? What about the other 3 verses? Yet you make an accusation out of one part of one verse? If you feel I have done wrong to the point you felt the need to admonish me, then a pm might have been in order first. Does not scripture say, "...and him alone..."?

I also know that if our enemy hunger, we, God willing, feed him. But all I got from you was...

w/all do respect brother because i DO have much respect for you but the verse says confess your faults one to another not your sins. we confess our sins to God...i don't think it is necessary nor prudent to put our sins on blast on the internet or anywhere else if we don't feel comfortable doing so. i think it is sufficient for someone to request prayer. Am I wrong on this???

I'm learning every day just how powerful the words of our Lord are when He said "Feed my sheep". Thank you Jesus.[/color]

Either way, his private message is still very inappropriate.

we havent gotten that far yet

I'm sorry... but he needs to apologize. I'm sure Vanessa will forgive him.... though I cannot speak for her... and it might take a little bit of time.... and prayer...

Are you implying that she will not apologize and ask for forgiveness?
Report Spam   Logged

tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 08:02:46 pm »

Beware by what spirit ye are led!  Shocked

Sin is like a demon crouching at the door, "why are you so crestfallen", all fall short.

Humble ourselves and forgive one another.
I talk some major trash myself but in my case, it was a rabid post deleter, not just a woman basher.
Doesn't it make it right but it makes it understandable.

Us asperger types have trouble detecting intent sometimes via written words. gets us into a heap of cruddy duddy

Some of us are trying, but there are times that one party needs to do the forgiving and the other party needs to do the repenting. Other times, both parties need to do a little of both... but not in all cases, something it is the former of the two.

... and you do not appear to me to be the asperger type, but most people with Aspergers don't appear to be the Asperger type. With my step-nephew, I can recognize some symptoms, but the symptoms, I find to be endearing. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2011, 08:05:18 pm »

Are you implying that she will not apologize and ask for forgiveness?

For what?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 08:07:17 pm »

For what?

have you not been following the conversation or reading your own posts? please go back and reread it all.
Report Spam   Logged

tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 08:18:20 pm »

have you not been following the conversation or reading your own posts? please go back and reread it all.

Why do you say this? After all that has been said, how can any person come to any conclusion that Vanessa needs to apologize for anything? She contributed to a conversation.... and for some reason, Kilika didn't find her contribution to suit his preference.... and he sent Vanessa a NASTY message.

... and there is no reason for a man to talk to a woman that way. Think of how you'd feel if you saw a man talk to your wife that way.... and I can't figure out what in the world set him off to send such a nasty message. He is taking offense where there is no offense.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 08:26:56 pm »

Why do you say this? After all that has been said, how can any person come to any conclusion that Vanessa needs to apologize for anything? She contributed to a conversation.... and for some reason, Kilika didn't find her contribution to suit his preference.... and he sent Vanessa a NASTY message.

... and there is no reason for a man to talk to a woman that way. Think of how you'd feel if you saw a man talk to your wife that way.... and I can't figure out what in the world set him off to send such a nasty message. He is taking offense where there is no offense.

if that is the case than can you please copy and paste where he told William he had to confess his sins to us, as this is what all this contention is about. This was the flash point, we have actually already covered all of this.

see here:
In that case, it may have been that Vanessa just wanted to clarify it with the prayer-requester that he doesn't need to confess specific sins...

im getting tired of going in circles over this. in fact I have already stated what needs to be done. I will restate for clarification, than this is done with.

Now what you both need to do, is apologize to each other, and forgive each other, and than apologize to William. That is what we are commanded to do by our Creator, so do it.

Report Spam   Logged

tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 08:32:18 pm »

Or maybe faults in this context is when you sin AGAINST that OTHER person?

What I'm saying is that if, let's say, you steal $5 from the cafeteria lady, do you confess this sin to, let's say, some girl you know in your neighborhood who doesn't even go to your school? No, of course not - you confess this to that cafeteria lady you stole from, and then pay back the money you stole.

Or let's look at another example - if, let's say, you have lu**** l thoughts over your friend's girlfriend(and don't go as far as that) - do you confess this to your friend? Or to his girlfriend? OF COURSE NOT!

I mean where the Roman Catholic system goes wrong is that you can sin whatever sin you want, and a confessional they say will do the trick(ie-all those young boys that get molested by priests, but those priests and Jesuits still have their jobs b/c they made their confessional to their fellow priests).

I think this is the context they may be talking about.

I agree. Plus, an ex-priest-now-born-again-Christian said that when he used to hear confessions, the details of the confessions caused him temptation... and it comes from a Pagan tradition anyway, that religionists would confess their sins to priests and priests would hold it over them. It is good to try to make sure one has done all that one can to make right what he can any sin he committed.... though, as you said, not confess to a neighbor or his wife that you lusted after him...
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2011, 08:53:13 pm »

if that is the case than can you please copy and paste where he told William he had to confess his sins to us, as this is what all this contention is about. This was the flash point, we have actually already covered all of this.

see here:
im getting tired of going in circles over this. in fact I have already stated what needs to be done. I will restate for clarification, than this is done with.

Now what you both need to do, is apologize to each other, and forgive each other, and than apologize to William. That is what we are commanded to do by our Creator, so do it.

I'm sorry, but from what I see, both were trying to edify William... I only would like to apologize to William, myself, that we are talking about him as though it were his thread that started all this. William, it isn't you. We all care about you, and it isn't you. You didn't start this.

Vanessa wanted to be sure that William know that he does not have to confess his sins to us. I don't see why she would have to apologize to anyone for that. She was trying to help.... then Kilika sent her a nasty message.

Dok, the message was unprovoked. Kilika needs to apologize.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 09:04:07 pm »

Dok, the message was unprovoked. Kilika needs to apologize.

no it wasnt.
Vanessa misunderstood, you even admitted this
they both

now let them do it, and move on.
Report Spam   Logged

tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 09:26:18 pm »

Dok, please read this. I'm going to answer Kilika line-by-line :

"The Lord rebuke you. How dare you disrespect William, a very young brother that is seriously reaching out to the brethren for help.

Show us where she disrespected William.

And you go and cause disruption by going off-topic and scolding me in public out of total disregard for William.

Show us what she said that's off-topic.

How dare you! You got a beef with me woman, fine, but don't you dare go around blasting people like that

Wow.... here we go, again... show us where she has blasted anybody.

and take away from anothers time of need.

Show us where she took away from another's time of need.

As I said, and apparently you still don't get, a pm was in order

So.... did she already request that you do not pm her? Then your sending her another pm is out of order.

considering the thread is from a person that is seeking immmediate help, not just a general discussion about what a person thinks about a verse or something.

It had to do with whether or not he needed to confess his sins to us. That is immediate.

God willing, what you should do is apologize profusely to William, and to the brethren for your disruption.

Now you are repeating the same accusations.

Take the low seat and humble yourself before God.

.... and after your show of high puff-uppery, you tell HER to humble HERSELF? Surely, you must be feeling a little silly.

That is a very good verse. Now why don't you try it?

Dok, he made the accusations. The onus is on him to show us the proof.... and if he can't, he is the one that needs to apologize for making accusations.... and for behaving himself unseemly... and verbally "roughing up" a woman... even if he COULD prove his accusations, there is no justification for verbally "roughing up" a woman.... what is he going to do next.... Chew tobacco and spit tobacco in her face?  

His behavior is not justifiable, but it is forgivable, if he were to repent. He needs to apologize to Vanessa, and though I think it might take a little bit of time, she would forgive him. I can't speak for her but I'm just saying.
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 09:39:19 pm »

no it wasnt.
Vanessa misunderstood, you even admitted this
they both
now let them do it, and move on.

Dok, the message was unprovoked.

I never said that Vanessa misunderstood anything. I said I did not remember an exact detail on the thread in question, but either way, it was that William would know he does not need to confess his sins to us.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 04:48:18 am »

William, while I find it difficult to apoligize for coming to your defense, out of respect for you I will indeed do so...

William, I'm sorry this has distracted from your sincere needs. God knows had I known it would turn this way, I'd have prayed for some other way. I'm sorry I didn't show you more respect and compassion that you deserve. I should have not addressed Vanessa in the thread, but sent here a pm with my concerns from the start. In my defense of you I let my own zeal get the best of me.

"My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten thy words." Psalm 119:139 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 05:03:45 am »

As Dok stated, all this started with Vanessa asserting that I was doing something doctrinally that I was not doing. She misunderstood both my action and intent when I addressed William's concerns. That is an issue between Vanessa and myself that could have in fact been addressed in another thread so as to not take away from William's thread. As I confessed to William, my mistake was in not sending a pm to Vanessa from the start, and for that I apologize. Sound doctrine is to go to "him alone" and I didn't do that. I'm sorry.

There is nothing else to apologize for, but there is something to be learned in all of this, in my opinion.

12   But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things [which happened] unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel; 
13   So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other [places]; 
14   And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. 
15   Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 
16   The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 
17   But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 
18   What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. 
19 ¶ For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 
20   According to my earnest expectation and [my] hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but [that] with all boldness, as always, [so] now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether [it be] by life, or by death.
Philippians 1:12-20 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 06:07:47 am »

its now over and closed. any other drama comes to me before making a huge fiasco. please follow these simple rules as laid down by Jesus and we can avoid such drama in the future.

Matt 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

Matt 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

The first place we go to is the Bible and see what Jesus has to say. If you get PM 's that you dont want or dont want to answer, just delete them, place the person on your ignore list, found under PROFILE-Personal Message Options and let the person know not to contact you anymore and that you placed them on your ignore list. If this doesnt work contact me and i will handle it from there.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: