End Times and Current Events
March 18, 2024, 11:14:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Stupid things people say...

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid things people say...  (Read 11840 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2013, 05:06:36 pm »

Interesting link you posted - thanks! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2013, 05:57:03 am »

Im starting to think that this might have been a ploy to keep race bating alive in the media...

NM teacher who said Santa is white on paid leave

A suburban Albuquerque teacher who told a black student that Santa Claus is white has been placed on paid administrative leave.

Rio Rancho school district spokeswoman Kim Vesely confirmed on Tuesday that the teacher is out of the classroom while the incident is being investigated.

The teacher's comments came after students at Cleveland High School were told they could come to class dressed as Santa, an elf or a reindeer.

Michael Rougier says when his ninth-grade son, Christopher, arrived with a Santa hat and beard, the teacher asked, "Don't you know Santa Claus is white? Why are you wearing that?"

The incident happened the same week that Fox News Channel's Megyn Kelly said both Santa Claus and Jesus were white.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/24242269/nm-teacher-who-said-santa-is-white-on-paid-leave#ixzz2npKSgZV3
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2013, 10:56:10 am »

Im starting to think that this might have been a ploy to keep race bating alive in the media...

NM teacher who said Santa is white on paid leave

A suburban Albuquerque teacher who told a black student that Santa Claus is white has been placed on paid administrative leave.

Rio Rancho school district spokeswoman Kim Vesely confirmed on Tuesday that the teacher is out of the classroom while the incident is being investigated.

The teacher's comments came after students at Cleveland High School were told they could come to class dressed as Santa, an elf or a reindeer.

Michael Rougier says when his ninth-grade son, Christopher, arrived with a Santa hat and beard, the teacher asked, "Don't you know Santa Claus is white? Why are you wearing that?"

The incident happened the same week that Fox News Channel's Megyn Kelly said both Santa Claus and Jesus were white.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/24242269/nm-teacher-who-said-santa-is-white-on-paid-leave#ixzz2npKSgZV3

Even worse, the masses continue to fall for this race bait. I remember my Sociology professor in college - he's an Irish decendent, and a Roman Catholic - he too was toying around the race issues.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2013, 01:43:24 pm »

Incoming White House Adviser Quickly Backtracks After Comparing GOP to Jonestown Cult

Incoming White House adviser John Podesta apologized Wednesday for comparing Republican opposition to President Barack Obama to the infamous Jonestown cult that inspired more than 900 people to die by cyanide poisoning in 1978.

The White House needs “to focus on executive action given that they are facing a second term against a cult worthy of Jonestown in charge of one of the houses of Congress,” Podesta was quoted as saying in a Politico magazine article published Tuesday.

“I think (Obama administration officials) were naturally preoccupied with legislating at first, and I think it took them a while to make the turn to execution. They are focused on that now,” the former Clinton White House chief of staff said. “They have to realize that the president has broad authority, that he’s not just the prime minister. He can drive a whole range of action. They always grasped that on foreign policy and in the national security area. Now they are doing it on the domestic side.”

Podesta, who also helped found the ultra-liberal think tank Center for American Progress in 2003, was met with swift pushback from conservatives.

“Dem Rep. Ryan was killed in Jonestown. His then-aide, Rep. Speier was shot (five times),” GOP strategist Rory Cooper tweeted. “Podesta’s comments show them no honor.”

Brendan Buck, spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner, tweeted: “John Podesta seems like a real class act.”

Podesta offered a hasty apology for the “old interview.” He spoke to Politico in the fall, before he was tapped to join Obama.

“In an old interview, my snark got in front of my judgment,” Podesta tweeted Wednesday. “I apologize to Speaker Boehner, whom I have always respected.”

Podesta is being brought on to advise the White House on the many problems that have engulfed the president’s second term including the scandal involving the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/18/incoming-white-house-adviser-quickly-backtracks-after-comparing-gop-to-jonestown-cult/

That dude aint sorry... I doubt if he really knows anything about Jonestown at all other than the stories that surround it.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2014, 08:42:52 am »

Mother Jones: Study Shows Global Warming May Cause More ****

The phenomenon of global warming has been used to explain many things, but now Mother Jones is quoting a study saying it might cause more rapes of women.

Matthew Ranson, an economist, avers that there is a historical connection between warmer temperatures and increased crime. He said, "Looking at the past, we see a strong relationship between temperature and crime. We think that is likely to continue in the future."

Ranson utilized the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's projections of the effects of global warming in the U.S. to estimate that between 2010 and 2099, warmer temperatures will "cause" an additional "22,000 murders, 180,000 cases of ****, 1.2 million aggravated assaults, 2.3 million simple assaults, 260,000 robberies, 1.3 million burglaries, 2.2 million cases of larceny, and 580,000 cases of vehicle theft."

That amounts to 2.2% more murders and 3.1% more rapes. John Roman, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute's Justice Policy Center, agreed with Ranson that the warmer temperatures would indeed be a problem, saying, "To the extent that climate change causes people to be out and interacting more, there will be more crime."

Ranson elaborated that there were various reasons why the warmer temperatures would foment more crime, alleging that "warmer temperatures increase the frequency of social interactions, some small percentage of which result in violence," and people become more aggressive in increased heat.

However, Ranson also argues that the temperatures were no excuse for bad behavior:

The decision to a commit a crime is a matter of personal responsibility. Neither higher outdoor temperatures nor reduced police enforcement are valid excuses for individuals to commit criminal acts. Yet, from a statistical perspective, both cause crime to increase.

Andrew Holland, a senior fellow for energy and climate at the American Security Project, is skeptical about Ranson’s conclusions, saying the study seems "tailor-made for a headline" but that "on further analysis, I don't know what it tells us… Just like any war has many reasons for starting, any crime has many factors that go into it. You can't convince me that any one **** was solely because of the temperature." Holland added that trying to ascertain what factor impels a crime can be "an interesting mathematical exercise," but is not "useful or helpful."

Roman stubbornly sticks with Ranson. He says police have believed "the summer is more dangerous than the winter." He concludes, "There will be more studies in the future that find these effects. The concept fits with classic crime theory so neatly that we need to start thinking about how to get ahead of this and respond."

Mother Jones writes that Ranson has two options for dealing with the dreaded scenario he envisions: increasing numbers of police or citizens leaving their homes less often in hot weather and locking their windows. Then Mother Jones offers its own alternative: “reining in the greenhouse gas emissions that are causing global warming in the first place.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/02/27/Mother-Jones-Global-Warming-Will-Cause-More-****
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2014, 12:37:07 pm »

Ranson elaborated that there were various reasons why the warmer temperatures would foment more crime, alleging that "warmer temperatures increase the frequency of social interactions, some small percentage of which result in violence," and people become more aggressive in increased heat.

That's the statistical reason. And that should read "increased temperature", not "increased heat". But it's true, and hospital ER's prove it. The better the weather, the more people get out and interact. Duh!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2014, 03:44:20 pm »

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., says 'we are all Ukrainians' - @TIME

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2014, 03:47:13 pm »

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., says 'we are all Ukrainians' - @TIME

He's really gone off the deep end...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2014, 11:29:14 am »

Daylight saving time linked to heart attacks: study

http://news.yahoo.com/daylight-saving-time-linked-heart-attacks-study-143944681.html;_ylt=AwrBEiSM3DZTd20AZ2vQtDMD

must have been a Government study Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2014, 06:22:37 pm »

Sarah Palin: Waterboarding is how I'd 'baptize terrorists' as president
http://theweek.com/article/index/260578/speedreads-sarah-palin-waterboarding-is-how-id-baptize-terrorists-as-president

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) was once, as her party's vice presidential nominee, close to being a heartbeat away from the presidency. And over the weekend, she gave a little glimpse of what a Palin presidency would look like.

Speaking at a National Rifle Association rally Saturday, Palin talked of how she would "put the fear of God in our enemies" as president by ensuring everyone knew that "waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists."

The United Nations, the ACLU, and just about every other authority on the matter considers waterboarding to be a form of torture. That said, Palin is unlikely to ever run for president, so her proposed national security policy should remain nothing more than a rhetorical flourish.
 - - Jon Terbush   
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2014, 08:25:23 pm »

Uhm, Ted...does 501c3 ring a bell to you? Roll Eyes

Sen. Ted Cruz claims Democrats will vote to repeal the First Amendment
http://www.examiner.com/article/sen-ted-cruz-claims-democrats-will-vote-to-repeal-the-first-amendment
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2014, 08:47:23 am »

John Kerry Says The Bible Commands America To Protect Muslims From Global Warming

Just when you thought that John Kerry and the liberals couldn’t get any weirder and stupider or any more buffoonish, they step it up to yet another level. In this video, watch as John Kerry says that the book of Genesis gives America the command to save Muslim majority countries from global warming. But be warned, this latest offering of liberal fantasy slop from the Obama administration is mind-numbingly painful to sit through. We promise you it will be the longest 1:25 of your entire life.   

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=24735
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2014, 05:20:42 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/12/sarah-palin-apology_n_5810808.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
9/12/14
Sarah Palin: 'I Owe America A Global Apology'

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said she owes America a "global apology" for the 2008 GOP presidential ticket's loss to President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

During an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, Palin spoke about Obama's long-term strategy for defeating the Islamic State -- a militant group formerly known as ISIS or ISIL -- that he laid out in a speech Wednesday night.

"As I watched the speech last night, Sean, the thought going through my mind is, 'I owe America a global apology. Because John McCain, through all of this, John McCain should be our president,'" Palin said.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2014, 06:50:12 pm »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/09/23/Boehner-Campaigns-In-The-Hamptons-Tells-Joy-Behar-I-Am-Obama-s-Best-Friend
9/23/14
Boehner Parties in the Hamptons, Tells Joy Behar: 'I Am Obama's Best Friend'

House Speaker John Boehner put comedienne Joy Behar in a headlock this weekend while in the Hamptons campaigning for Republican Lee Zeldin, telling the liberal former co-host of The View, “I am Obama’s best friend."

Behar ran into Boehner in a restaurant--Almond Restaurant in East Hampton--and told the Speaker to “stop obstructing President Obama” as she “tackled” him, according to the New York Post.

“Liberal comedienne and talk show host Behar tackled Boehner--whom she dubbed 'the Weeper of the House' after his waterworks in his famous ’60 Minutes’ interview--at Almond Restaurant in East Hampton on Saturday,” the Post’s Emily Smith wrote. “Boehner--who was out in the Hamptons to campaign against Long Island Democratic Rep. Tim Bishop and attended a fundraiser for Lee Zeldin at the home of developer Joe Farrell--then jokingly put Behar in a headlock. The moment was captured in a photo which appeared in Monday’s Page Six.”

"Boehner was eating at Almond with four Secret Service agents in suits. Compared to everyone else in casual Hamptons attire, they really stood out. They looked like they were going to a wake,” Behar told the Post’s Page Six.

Behar was there eating dinner with her husband Steve Janowitz, actor Ron Rifkin, and Rifkin’s wife Iva, and the Post’s Smith wrote that “she baited Boehner as he got up from his table to leave the restaurant.”

“I couldn’t resist having some fun. I jumped up and told him to stop obstructing President Obama,” Behar said. “I am sick of all this deadlock. Strangely, he replied, ‘I am Obama’s best friend.’ Then he put his arm around my neck and it looked like he was going to strangle me.”

About the headlock, Behar said, “Boehner had quite a grip. For a guy who cries a lot, he’s physically quite strong.”
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2015, 07:09:16 pm »

Can everyone here please tell Dr. Carson over the many that got saved by the blood and power of our LORD Jesus Christ when they went to prison?

This isn't "controversial", b/c it just pure BLASPHEMY!

1Thes 1:5  For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.
1Th 1:6  And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost:

http://news.yahoo.com/ben-carson-prison-gay-controversy-interview-130105813.html

Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon and possible 2016 Republican presidential candidate, says he believes homosexuality is a choice. His proof? Prison.

"A lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight," Carson said in an interview with CNN Wednesday. "And when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2015, 10:37:47 am »

http://www.freep.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/05/ben-carson-apology-gay/24423717/
3/5/15
Ben Carson sorry for saying being gay is a choice Roll Eyes

Presidential hopeful Ben Carson apologized Wednesday night for saying being gay is a choice, following a backlash over his assertion that prisons are evidence that homosexuality is an option.

"In a recent interview on CNN, I realized that my choice of language does not reflect fully my heart on gay issues," said the retired neurosurgeon and Republican on Facebook. "I regret that my words to express that concept were hurtful and divisive. For that I apologize unreservedly to all that were offended."

Carson launched a 2016 presidential exploratory committee earlier this week. He has a faithful following among conservatives, and is doing better in some public opinion polls than some better-known Republicans seeking the White House.

When asked earlier in the day by CNN's Chris Cuomo if he believes being gay was a choice, Carson replied: "Absolutely."

"Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight — and when they come out, they're gay," he told CNN. "So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question."

The American Psychological Association and other medical groups have concluded that homosexuality is not a matter of choice.

Carson, who gained notoriety as a surgeon for his work separating conjoined twins, noted in his Facebook statement that he is a political neophyte.

"I answered a question without really thinking about it thoroughly. No excuses," he said. "I deeply regret my statement and I promise you, on this journey, I may err again, but unlike politicians when I make an error I will take full responsibility and never hide or parse words."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2015, 06:07:16 am »

Biden Flabbergasted by Ben Carson's Gay-Choice Comments: 'I Mean, Jesus, God'

Speaking to a delighted LGBT audience

s keynote speaker at a Human Rights Campaign (HRC) event on Friday, Vice President Joe Biden delighted his audience after reacting to Ben Carson's recent comments on homosexuality being a choice with, "Jesus, God."

On Wednesday, Carson told Chris Cuomo on CNN that homosexuality is "absolutely" a choice and used prison sex between males as evidence. Carson has sinse apologized for his "choice of language."

Biden, a Roman Catholic, called Carson's comments a "ridiculous assertion" and then exclaimed, "Oh God," as he rolled his eyes.

Biden's full statement below:

Eight, 10 years ago -- even two years ago -- homophobic statements would have been, if not embraced, not viewed as having generated any political liability. Look what's happening even in quote, "the other party," today. Seriously, don't misread the political trends in history here. Now, every ridiculous assertion from Dr. Carson on -- I mean, Jesus, God! I mean -- huh, my God! I mean, it's kind of hard to fathom, isn't it?

Biden was speaking at the HRC event offering federal support to the LGBT community in regards to passing legislation for discrimination protections.

Watch the clip:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/biden-flabbergasted-ben-carsons-gay-choice-comments-i-mean-jesus-god
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2015, 11:21:45 pm »

Uhhhmmm..."Thank you Satan" is BACKWARDS for "Yes we can"... Shocked

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/santorum-bibles-schools-yes-we-can
Santorum on Bibles in schools: ‘Yes we can’
3/17/15

Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) is giving every indication that he’s planning another presidential campaign, and over the weekend at a religious right rally, he gave a hint of the kind of national platform he’ll pursue.

“Why are Bibles no longer in public schools? Don’t give me the Supreme Court. The reason Bibles are no longer in the public schools is because we let them take them out of the public schools.”

He added a variation on President Obama’s campaign chant: “You say, ‘Well we can’t get them back in.’ Yes we can. Yes we can!
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2015, 04:59:20 am »

"Former President of the United States Jimmy Carter made headlines this past weekend where he spoke at the annual convention for the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) on Saturday.

Carter, who has called in the past for mercy on terrorist extremists and their organizations, said that the “principles of Allah” are the key to peace in the Middle East.

During his speech, Carter called on the international community to bring “justice of the Palestinians.”

“You can’t bring peace to the Middle East without justice and human rights for the Palestinians. When my prayers are answered and we have peace in the Holy Land then the Israelis and all their neighbors will be blessed to live in peace and prosperity,” Carter stated.

Carter failed to mention previous peace agreements between Israel and the Palestinians in which two-state proposals have been consistently rejected by the Palestinians.

Earlier in the day, at a luncheon, Carter lauded his own efforts to bring peace to the world.

“We are all Americans in a system that allows basic human rights: peace, justice and the ability to treat each other as equals,” he declared. “I hope all of you will use the principles of Allah to bring peace and justice to all.”

Carter’s comments come at a fragile time in Middle Eastern events as terror groups such as ISIS and Hamas carry out violent attacks in the Middle East in the name of the “principles of Allah.”

Last month, Carter raised eyebrows when he called upon the Western world to recognize “Hamas as a legitimate political actor.”

In an article penned for Foreign Policy magazine, the former president slammed Israel’s actions at the start of Operation Protective Edge and said there was a “need for international judicial proceedings to investigate” Israel for war crimes.

Carter accused Israel of “deliberate attacks on civilians” and said that the West must “provide the right incentives for Hamas to lay down its weapons.” Hamas is designated by the US State Department as an international terrorist organization."

http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2014/09/03/jimmy-carter-principles-of-allah-key-to-peace/
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2015, 06:15:59 pm »

Only from the mind of a Liberal... seriously.. Can you spot the real racist here?

Black Lawmaker Accuses White Lawmaker's 18-Month-Old Toddler of Racism

In a fantastic story you just can't make up, a black lawmaker in the Indiana state legislature took to the floor and accused a colleague's child -- who can't yet talk -- of racism.

The chamber was debating the controversial "religious freedom" bill when Democratic Rep. Vanessa Summers took aim at Republican Rep. Jud McMillin.

"I told Jud McMillin I love his son, but he's scared of me because of my color," she said. "It's hard. It's true."

Afterward, she defended the comments.

"He looked at me like I was a monster and turned around and cried. And I told him you need to introduce your child to some people that are dark-skinned so he will not be scared," she said.

The Indianapolis Star wrote:

Asked whether his son shied away because of her skin color, she said, 'I truly believe so.'

Summers' comments capped an already heated debate over a measure that supporters say will protect free exercise of religion, but that opponents, including Summers, argue will enshrine discrimination in state law.

McMillin, R-Brookville, called Summers' comments 'unfortunate.'

'It's just incredibly unfortunate. You'd like to think that we would have professional discussion on the House floor and certainly be able to avoid having 18-month-olds in the discussion,' he said.

McMillin added: "I can tell you that if he reacted the same way he reacts with anybody brand new, he buries his head in his dad’s shoulder. Whoever it is, it’s what he does. He’s an 18-month-old kid; he’s in a new environment up here in the place like the Statehouse but doesn’t know anybody. I honestly don’t remember anything out of the ordinary."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/black-lawmaker-accuses-white-lawmakers-18-month-old-toddler-racism
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2015, 05:31:35 pm »

Howard Dean: 'Jesus Was Probably to the Left of the Democratic Party'

That would mean the Lord would have had to been demon possessed, like you.

Howard Dean believes Jesus was not just liberal but "probably to the left of the Democratic Party."

In a discussion about the recent "Poverty Summit" on MSNBC's Morning Joe Thursday, the former chairman of the Democratic National Committee said that he had always wondered why Evangelical Christians didn't vote Democrat because, he argued, Jesus was clearly a leftist. Citing polling from a decade ago, Dean said he learned that the top two issues for older Evangelicals were abortion and gay marriage, while younger Evangelicals considered them to be poverty and climate change, something he seemed to suggest offered Democrats some hope.

Host Joe Scarborough led into the exchange by quoting Arthur Brooks (who Newsbusters notes was the only conservative on the Poverty Summit panel) as saying, "the reason I became a free market conservative was because what I cared about the most was the poor. And I believe this was the best way to alleviate suffering."

SCARBOROUGH: You see what the President said, you see what Arthur Brooks said, what other people said. Then suddenly E.J. Dionne goes, wait a second, maybe both sides really can work together.

DEAN: They can. Let me share some incredibly interesting polling data we got ten years ago when I was running the DNC. I was wondering why evangelicals didn't vote for Democrats because if you look at the red-letter version of the Bible, Jesus was probably to the left of the Democratic party. So we did polling. And here's what we found. This is ten years ago. Evangelicals over 55 it was all about abortion and gay marriage. Evangelicals under 35 in this country, the number one issue was poverty, the number two issue was climate change.

Nicolle Wallace followed up by asking Dean to clarify whether or not younger Evangelicals supported gay marriage. Dean said they didn't poll for that, but Wallace added that public opinion "has changed" on the issue.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/howard-dean-jesus-was-probably-left-democratic-party
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2015, 04:48:08 am »

Fox News' Bill O'Reilly blames rap for the decline of Christianity

It's always so great when somebody who knows absolutely nothing about hip-hop throws their hat into the ring to blame it for just about any "youth" problem.

So it's thrilling that Bill O'Reilly has now decided that it's the main reason people aren't going to church as much in the United States.

O'Reilly, who is a Fox News anchor, has blamed "pernicious entertainment" for a decline in people wishing to label themselves as Christian. The number of Christians has been declining since 2007 according to a study by Pew Research.

He said: "There is no question that people of faith are being marginalized by a secular media and pernicious entertainment,"

"The rap industry, for example, often glorifies depraved behavior. That sinks into the minds of some young people - the group that is most likely to reject religion."

Scarily, O'Reilly's not on his own in the demonisation of hip-hop. Fellow Fox News broadcaster Geraldo Rivera - who recently got in a fight with an eloquent protester in Baltimore - said the genre's "done more damage to black and brown people than racism in the last 10 years."

Rivera added: "When you find the youngster, a Puerto Rican from the South Bronx or a black kid from Harlem, who has succeeded in life other than being the one-tenth of one-tenth of one per cent that make it in the music business, that's been a success in life walking around with his pants around his ass and with visible tattoos… it’s this whole ethos."

Hip-hop was once again in the firing line in March as panellists of MSNBC show Morning Joe blamed "rap music" and "popular culture" for the racist SAE frat chants at Oklahoma University.

Right-wing commentator Rush Limbaugh then added his penny's worth, saying that the chant - "there will never be a n****r in SAE" - would have been a hit song if recorded by Kanye West.

Going back to O'Reilly's comments, anybody who has ever so much as happened to once stumble into a shop playing hip-hop will know that religious themes run right through the music. Rappers such as Rick Ross, Tupac, Kendrick Lamar and - erm - Puff Daddy have all explored Christianity and what religion means.

Just to get you started, Bill, here's the most obvious example of mainstream Christian hip-hop.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/fox-news-bill-oreilly-blames-rap-music-for-the-decline-of-christianity-10249913.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2015, 06:47:18 pm »

Hillary Clinton: Muslims Are ‘Peaceful and Tolerant,’ Have ‘Nothing Whatsoever to Do With Terrorism’

"I don't feel no ways tired. I come too far from where I started from. Nobody told me that the road would be easy. I don't believe He brought me this far,"

http://www.breitbart.com/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2015, 07:46:05 pm »

Barbara Boxer: Gun Laws Work... Just Look at California
Seriously. With a straight face, she said it.

A day after California suffered a terrorist attack that killed 14 people and wounded at least as many, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) uttered one of the most ludicrous things that has ever passed a politicians lips.

See for yourself:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/barbara-boxer-gun-laws-work-just-look-california

"Sensible gun laws work," Boxer said. "We've proven it in California. And we're not going to give up."

According to The Blaze, a spokesperson made an attempt to clarify her remark by saying she doesn't think the current state laws are enough and wants "national laws."

The Blaze also notes that the long-time California senator spoke on the Senate floor on Thursday issuing a plea for more gun control laws and said she hasn't heard a "persuasive argument" yet as to why anyone would need a high-powered rifle.

“These weapons of war," Boxer said. "They just don’t belong on our streets and in our communities."

Not that California has that problem. Right, Mrs. Boxer?

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/barbara-boxer-gun-laws-work-just-look-california
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2016, 08:35:29 pm »

Hillary Clinton: ‘I Am a Person of Faith. I Am a Christian’

Many presidential candidates seem to be talking about their faith as the election gets closer. Republican candidates Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and even Donald Trump have made a point of discussing their faith in campaign rallies, but faith discussions on the campaign trail are less frequent for Hillary Clinton, an avowed Methodist.

Recently, however, on the campaign trail in Iowa, Clinton spoke about her faith and the impact it has on her life.

According to time.com, Clinton stated, “I am a person of faith. I am a Christian. I am Methodist. My study of the Bible and my many conversations with people of faith has led me to believe that the most important commandment is to love the lord with all your might, and to love your neighbor as yourself. That is what I think we are commanded by Christ to do.”

Although Clinton launched into a substantial discussion of her faith, such a discussion was not part of her intended remarks while in Knoxville, Iowa, speaking in a school gymnasium. 

Clinton’s comments on her faith were in response to a question from 36-year-old high school guidance counselor Jessica Manning. Manning said she was a Catholic who was unsure whether to support Clinton.

“I am by no means a perfect person,” Clinton told Manning and the gathered crowd. “I will confess that to one and all. But I feel the continuing urge to try to be better, to try to be more loving even with people who are quite harsh.”

“I have been very disappointed and sorry that Christianity, which has such great love at its core is sometimes used to condemn so quickly and judge so harshly,” she said, but added that she also looked up to people who used their faith for good.

“I am in awe of people who can truly turn the cheek every time,” Clinton said. “Who can go the extra mile that we are called to go. Who keep finding ways to forgive and move on. Those are really hard things for human beings to do.”

Manning said Clinton’s answer convinced her to support the former Secretary of State.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/hillary-clinton-i-am-a-person-of-faith-i-am-a-christian.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2016, 09:15:58 pm »

By the time November rolls around and if/when she gets elected (I do believe the Illuminati has positioned her for this big prize, not Trump) - Apostate Churchianity WILL take her profession at face value.

Believe me - over the last year or 2, you have no idea how many "professing" Christians, yes INCLUDING supposedly KJB believers, have insisted that after you get saved, showing evidences of salvation like having a changed life is *optional* (and not necessary).

Yes, this will likely be the most saddest part. And yes, I'm being very serious.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2016, 10:41:01 pm »

Boston Police Commissioner: ‘We’re All Muslims Deep Down’
"We all yearn for peace."

Huh

If you think Islam is peaceful please read here http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,559.0.html

The Horowitz Freedom Center's own Robert Spencer wrote on PJ Media today about Boston Police Commissioner William B. Evans' bizarre declaration at the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center, when he stated, "We’re all Muslims deep down. We all yearn for peace."

What? We all want peace and that makes us Muslim at our core? Christians don't yearn for peace? Jews? Not only has Evans apparently bought fully into the politically correct fiction that Islam means "peace"; he also seems to believe, or at least wants his audience to believe, that it is the religion of peace. As Spencer put it, "This is taking pandering to dizzying new heights."

Spencer also noted that Commissioner Evans previously visited the Islamic Society of Boston (ISB) last December, in the wake of the San Bernardino terrorist attack in which two Muslims murdered fourteen people at a Christmas party, "to reassure [local Muslims] that we’re here for them." After all, "I don’t think we can tolerate bigotry toward the Muslim population. They’re an important part of our city."

What we can't afford to tolerate is Islamic terrorism, but the Boston Police Commissioner insists on taking a more vocal stand against the exaggerated threat of anti-Muslim prejudice. Too bad that, as Spencer wrote, Evans "never asked members of the Islamic Society of Boston why so many Muslims don’t yearn for peace at all, but seem instead to relish war." Spencer went on to enumerate examples of ISB members who didn't seem to get Evans' memo:

-- The Boston Marathon jihad murderers, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

-- Aafia Siddiqui, who is serving an 86-year sentence for trying to kill American soldiers

-- Tarek Mehanna, who is serving seventeen years for aiding al-Qaeda

-- Ahmad Abousamra, whom before he was killed in an American airstrike was thought to be a principal architect of the Islamic State’s social media presence

-- The Islamic Society of Boston’s founder, Abdurrahman Alamoudi, was once a major player in Washington and the nation’s most prominent moderate Muslim. Now he is serving a twenty-three year sentence for charges including fundraising for al-Qaeda.

No doubt Evans, like all Islamic apologists, considers those to be examples of people who followed a twisted interpretation of religion that has nothing to do with Islam. Because, hey, Muslims yearn for peace, and aren't all of us - Jews, Christians, and all the rest - really Muslim deep down inside?

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/boston-police-commissioner-were-all-muslims-deep-down
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2016, 06:26:15 pm »

Watch: Matthews Enjoys Melania Trump’s ‘Runway Walk’ On Hot Mic

MSNBC host Chris Matthews enjoyed Melania Trump’s “runway walk” on a hot mic during MSNBC’s primary coverage on Tuesday.

Matthews said, while footage of Trump and his family, led by his wife Melania, coming out, “Look how she walks. Did you see her walk? Runway walk. My God is that great Matthews can be heard saying. I could watch that runway show.”

video: http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/05/04/watch-matthews-enjoys-melania-trumps-runway-walk-on-hot-mic/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2016, 07:26:11 pm »

White House Spokesman Claims America is Safer Now Than it Was Eight Years Ago (VIDEO)

Huh  Roll Eyes

Three days after the worst terror attack on American soil since 9/11, White House spokesman Josh Earnest is claiming we’re safer now than we were when Obama assumed office.

CNS News reports:

WH Spokesman: ‘Our Country Is Safer Than It Was 8 Years Ago’

“The president does believe it is important that his successor is somebody who recognizes that our country is safer than it was eight years ago, that we enhanced our standing around the world, that we’ve strengthened our alliances — that we have refined and improved and strengthened our homeland security,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters on Tuesday.

“The American people do face a question about whether or not they want to build on that progress, because there surely is more that can be done to protect the American people,” he added.

Watch the video:

http://www.progressivestoday.com/white-house-spokesman-claims-america-safer-now-eight-years-ago/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2016, 11:21:07 pm »

They're only saying what everyone's tickled ears want to hear.

With that being said - don't go out at night, PERIOD, especially LATE AT NIGHT - I say this b/c when I was a lost man living in New Orleans years ago - one summer in 2001 I would drive around town really late at night (sometimes by myself, other times with a friend). I will say that I was INCREDIBLY FORTUNATE to STAY ALIVE, b/c New Orleans is one of the biggest crime cities in America. Otherwise, I would to this day be burning 6 feet under. (and I remember Scott Johnson said that when he was lost, he a number of times drove around recklessly, but came out unscathed with barely a scratch).

The wee hours of the night is the devil's hour - if you happen to stay up, just read your bible, or listen to the Scourby KJB audio. Otherwise, you deserve a really good night's sleep.

Psalm 4:8  I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: