End Times and Current Events
March 19, 2024, 03:03:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

...and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven...

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ...and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven...  (Read 14453 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2013, 05:42:54 am »

Multiple reports of bright burning light in the sky(Australia)

This is the first time i have heard of this, i dont wait up at night looking at the sky so it just shows how something can happen without being aware of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2013, 05:45:51 pm »

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/local/rare-ball-lightning-blamed-as-mannings-heath-loses-power-and-internet-1-5218207
Rare ‘ball lightning’ blamed as Mannings Heath loses power and internet
6/24/13

An eyewitness has described seeing a ball of white light shoot through Mannings Heath, just before a power cut and digital disruption.

The object, which appears to fit descriptions of a rare phenomenon called ‘ball lightning’, was seen in the village on the afternoon of June 7.

Roger Spinks told the County Times he was working at The Village Store, Pound Lane, when he saw it shoot past, heading south-west along the course of Golding Lane and Church Road.

He was standing at the counter talking to a customer when he saw it out of the window, going past very quickly with a strange motion ‘like a bouncing bomb’.

Mr Spinks said it reminded him of the mysterious balloon-like entity from cult TV series The Prisoner.

It was just like a ball of white light,” he said. “It flashed down the road, then there was a terrific bang like a bomb going off, and our lights went out.

“Our card machine went out - I think it took out a lot of the village’s phones, broadband and Sky.”

BT engineers were in the village for three days, restoring connections.

“Our telephone was gone for several days,” said Mr Spinks. “A couple of lads came in, they were window cleaners.

“One of them had been up a ladder cleaning and the shock of it knocked him off the ladder.”

Ball lightning is rarely seen, and its cause and nature are the subject of a number of hypotheses.

These range from it being a form of St Elmo’s Fire - a harmless electrical effect often seen aboard ships - to it being caused by a tiny antimatter meteor reaching ground level.

The phenomenon is extremely difficult to study scientifically because it appears very rarely and very unpredictably. Since so little is known about it, ‘ball lightning’ has been used as a handy explanation for many reported mysteries, including UFOs, spontaneous human combustion, and the Star of Bethlehem.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2013, 06:14:24 pm »

http://www.spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=27&month=07&year=2013
NACREOUS CLOUDS OVER TIERRA DEL FUEGO:  On July 24th, about an hour after sunset, Gerardo Connon of Rio Grande city in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina, walked outside and witnessed a rare display of nacreous clouds. The colorful apparition was as bright as the street lights in the city below:

These clouds, also known as "mother of pearl clouds," form in the stratosphere far above the usual realm of weather. They are seldom seen, but when they are, the reports usually come from high-northern parts of our planet. This apparition over Tierra del Fuego was unusual indeed.

Atmospheric optics expert Les Cowley explains the special conditions required to create such a cloud: "Take an unusually cold lower stratosphere (15-25km high), use some gravity waves generated by high winds and storms in the troposphere to stir in some water vapour, and -- voilà! You get these clouds made of tiny ice crystals shining after sunset with unforgettably bright iridescent colors."

"The very special conditions make nacreous clouds a rare, high-latitude phenomenon. Scandinavia, Iceland and northern Canada are favourite places to see them. Sightings in the southern hemisphere are even more rare because there is so little land far enough south except for Antarctica." 
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2013, 06:13:15 pm »

http://www.compasscayman.com/caycompass/2013/07/31/Eyes-to-the-heavens-as-asteroid-streaks-over-Cayman/
Eyes to the heavens as asteroid streaks over Cayman
7/31/13

A meteorite passed over Cayman’s skies Monday night, causing a little alarm and a lot of excitement.

Chris Cook, president of the Astronomical Society, explained that sighting the object, that moved slowly across the sky in a shower of light around 10pm, was unusual, but nothing to be alarmed about.

“It was a very small asteroid, a fireball travelling from Honduras, across Cayman to Jamaica, a meteor that broke up. It’s not unusual for these things to happen, although it is more unusual actually to see it,” Mr. Cook said.

While regular meteor showers are commonplace, he said, this event was “absolutely unpredictable”, recalling that people started “waking up” to “near-Earth objects” only a couple of years ago when the massive comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 smashed into Jupiter, the scars of which, apparently, remain visible.

“The odd fireball does come in,” he said, “I have seen three or four of these things in my lifetime, the last time probably in March this year. I was lecturing at the university [UCCI] and we all went outside to look at it.”

For Albert Forbes Elbert, the asteroid appeared to be charging down Bodden Town’s main street, an intense ball of light that grew brighter and bigger, trailing 300 feet of fire as it passed over his house.

He said he watched the fireball passing above Mostyn’s gas station and explode into hundreds of brilliantly coloured shards.

“It was as low as the mosquito research plane,” Mr. Elbert said. “I got frightened, I have to tell you. I called 911 and the police. I was afraid it was going to land on the house behind me.”

Apparently, the police didn’t take him seriously, disconnecting the call as he sat on the second-floor porch above his Bodden Town Art Shop Monday night.

“When I first saw it, I thought it was the helicopter, and thought ‘Oh, that nuisance again’. The strange thing was that it never made any kind of sonic boom.”

Monday’s event elicited excited responses on a meteorite watchers blog, drawing comments from half-a-dozen observers in both Jamaica and Cayman. One witness uploaded a video of the meteorite streaking over the George Town waterfront onto YouTube.

“Tom from Grand Cayman”, writing at 10.30pm Monday on the blog, said, “Ten seconds passing over us, but could see it in the distance for longer. E-W green and red as bright as plane lights. At first, thought it was a plane, four or five of them all travelling in line silent. 4 or 5 meteors all travelling slowly across the sky.”

Mr. Cook said he was equally excited: “No one is really sure how many asteroids are out there. This is a pretty rare thing, and provides an opportunity for us to gather information: how long it lasted, what direction it was heading, coming from Honduras and moving northeast.”
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2013, 09:31:46 am »

Sun Will Flip Its Magnetic Field Soon

The sun is gearing up for a major solar flip, NASA says.

In an event that occurs once every 11 years, the magnetic field of the sun will change its polarity in a matter of months, according new observations by NASA-supported observatories.

The flipping of the sun's magnetic field marks the peak of the star's 11-year solar cycle and the halfway point in the sun's "solar maximum" — the peak of its solar weather cycle. NASA released a new video describing the sun's magnetic flip on Monday (Aug. 5).

"It looks like we're no more than three to four months away from a complete field reversal," Todd Hoeksema, the director of Stanford University's Wilcox Solar Observatory, said in a statement. "This change will have ripple effects throughout the solar system."

As the field shifts, the "current sheet" — a surface that radiates billions of kilometers outward from the sun's equator — becomes very wavy, NASA officials said. Earth orbits the sun, dipping in and out of the waves of the current sheet. The transition from a wave to a dip can create stormy space weather around Earth, NASA officials said.

rest+videos: http://www.space.com/22271-sun-magnetic-field-flip.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2013, 11:54:08 am »

Signs are really popping up all over the place now...
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2013, 04:08:45 pm »

Not sure this should be considered a sign. They claim to have observed this before, saying it's an 11 year occurrence. so they say it happened about 11 years ago, which would be in 2002. I really hesitate to put much significance in these type things, especially since unless something happens they claim is a result of it, I have no real way of even proving these fields even exist. I've used electronic equipment to measure magnetic fields, but that doesn't really prove the details of what they claim.

If their instruments say that thing reversed it's poles, okay, thank you Jesus. If something happens as a result, okay, thank you Jesus.

Curious things, that's about it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2013, 11:44:24 am »

WOW!! Comet Ison Up Close,It’s Not A Comet !! (Video)

C/2012 S1, also known as Comet ISON, is a sungrazing comet discovered on 21 September 2012 by Vitali Nevski (Виталий Невский, Vitebsk, Belarus) and Artyom Novichonok (Артём Новичонок, Kondopoga, Russia).The discovery was made using the 0.4-meter (16 in) reflector of the International Scientific Optical Network near Kislovodsk, Russia and the automated asteroid-discovery program CoLiTec. Precovery images by the Mount Lemmon Survey from 28 December 2011 and by Pan-STARRS from 28 January 2012 were quickly located. Follow-up observations were made on 22 September by a team from Remanzacco Observatory in Italy using the iTelescope network. The discovery was announced by the Minor Planet Center on 24 September. Observations by SWIFT suggest that C/2012 S1′s nucleus is around 5 kilometers (3.1 mi) in diameter.[8]DAHBOO7…..the messenger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRlzuLtLDaM&feature=player_embedded#t=153

http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2013/09/wow-comet-ison-up-closeits-not-a-comet-video-2465330.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2013, 11:57:00 am »

Just saw the video - not that I fear or anything, but at the same time a bit at a loss for words... Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2013, 05:02:42 pm »

It played for like 10 seconds, with some guy saying something about "out of this world news", and all it shows is three white lines and a red x.

I don't get it.  Huh

Okay, watched it from the webpage. Curious, but to me is no indication of anything other than some areas that appear whiter/brighter in a unique, unexpected pattern. Science tends to say that there are no straight lines in nature, it's "organic", so straight edges usually mean not natural to the environment, it's "man made". I don't believe that rule to always be true.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:09:18 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2013, 11:28:15 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-loses-contact-comet-hunting-deep-impact-spacecraft-120126678.html
NASA Loses Contact With Comet-Hunting Deep Impact Spacecraft
9/10/13

NASA's veteran Deep Impact probe may have chased its last comet.

The spacecraft's handlers lost contact with Deep Impact — which slammed an impactor into Comet Tempel 1 in 2005, made a close flyby of Comet Hartley 2 in 2010 and recently observed ISON, a "comet of the century" candidate — sometime between Aug. 11 and Aug. 14, mission team members announced last Tuesday (Sept. 3).

"The last communication was on August 8. After considerable effort, the team on August 30 determined the cause of the problem," principal investigator Mike A'Hearn of the University of Maryland wrote in a brief mission update Tuesday. "The team is now trying to determine how best to try to recover communication." [Photos of Comet ISON in Night Sky]

The issue stems from a software glitch that reset Deep Impact's computer, A'Hearn told the Nature News Blog, an arm of the prestigious scientific journal Nature. And things are serious, he added: Deep Impact is apparently spinning out of control after recent attempts to put the probe into hibernation mode were unsuccessful.

It's unclear how much time the mission team has to bring Deep Impact back in line. Depending on how the probe's solar panels are oriented, Deep Impact's batteries could run out of juice in a matter of days or keep going for several months, the Nature News Blog reported.

"How long we have depends on the state the spacecraft is in, and we don't yet know that," A'Hearn told SPACE.com via email. "Could be that it is too late already — could be we have another month or more."

Deep Impact launched in January 2005 on a mission to rendezvous with Comet Tempel 1. In July of that year, the spacecraft sucessfully smashed an impactor into Tempel 1, allowing scientists to study the icy object's composition.

Deep Impact then flew by Comet Hartley 2 in November 2010, as part of a broad extended mission that NASA dubbed EPOXI (a mashup of "Extrasolar Planet Observation and Characterization" and "Deep Impact Extended Investigation").

The probe observed Comet Garradd from afar from February-April 2012, then snapped its first photos of Comet ISON on Jan. 17 of this year.

ISON is slated to skim just 724,000 miles (1.16 million kilometers) above the surface of the sun on Nov. 28. If the comet doesn't break up en route, it could put on a spectacular skywatching show around this time, experts say.

Deep Impact's first ISON viewing window lasted from mid-January to March 8 of 2013; another one ran from early July through early September. The current problems with Deep Impact have prevented the probe from sending its more recently gathered data home, A'Hearn wrote in the Sept. 3 status update.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2013, 10:05:28 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2013, 10:14:19 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2013, 05:08:17 am »

Bright green meteor reported in several East Coast and Midwest states; Indiana, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan so far - @realtimwilliams

Meteor sightings reported across East Coast, Midwest states; reports collected at @amsmeteors
http://amsmeteors.org/members/fireball/browse_reports?report_status=pending
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2013, 01:35:29 pm »

http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2013/10/comet-isons-new-images-released-02-10-2013-must-see-in-hq-2467018.html
10/5/13
Comet ISON’S New Images Released 02-10-2013

The Video that you are about to see is untouched and reprocessed in anyway except where it is clearly stated that it has been done so. In those cases I will explain to the best of my ability the process that has taken place. Let me further reassure, you the reader that I am in absolutely no way attempting to fool, trick or mislead you the reader. I have no hidden agenda. The anomaly that you will see in this image were just as much a surprise to me, as I am sure they will be to you. I have no desire to suggest that this image represents anything but an anomaly, but let it ‘speak’ for it self. And just like most of you, I am not a degreed astrophysicist, so I cannot rule out that it is indeed a natural phenomenon. If there is anyone with the ability to prove the true nature of this object, I invite you to immediately contact me and share your opinion (please keep the comments appropriate). It is the explicit focus to seek out truth in science, and to do so by the conventional scientific method of observation.

Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2013, 02:34:35 pm »

Well it appears that the comet is dragging other things with it. But there is another video in the same search area that shows there are satellites that have been stationed to orbit around it. One thing I can't believe is how much money is spent to do such an observation that is of no real value. As if anyone can defy whatever the Lord will do. And we know their bunkers won't save them either.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2013, 12:59:45 pm »

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/strongest-solar-flare-months-unleashed-sun-8C11369482
10/10/13
Strongest solar flare in months unleashed by sun

The strongest solar flare in nearly two months erupted from the sun Tuesday, causing a minor geomagnetic storm as charged particles from the sun passed by the planet.

The sun unleashed the moderate M2.8-class solar flare at 9:48 p.m. EDT. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) recorded a video of the October solar flare's dramatic genesis.

M-class solar flares are generally considered to be midrange solar storms, but Tuesday's eruption was still the strongest in months due to the sun's oddly quiet activity. X-class flares are the most powerful type of solar storm, with C-class flares classified as solar tempests at a step below M-class events.

Yesterday's solar flare was not aimed directly at Earth, but it did cause a minor geomagnetic storm. The storm has since subsided, but another wave of geomagnetic activity could follow, according to forecasters at the Space Weather Prediction Center, a division of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

"The G1 (Misnor) Geomagnetic Storm of the early hours on October 9 has weakened, and now forecasters await another shock in the next few hours," officials at the Space Weather Prediction Center wrote in an update yesterday.

Geomagnetic storms occur when solar particles interact with Earth's magnetic field. Powerful solar flares aimed directly at Earth can sometimes cause significant disruptions to satellites in space, and can knock out power grids and communications infrastructure on the ground.

Tuesday's M-class flare erupted from a sunspot region called AR1865, which will be turning to face Earth over the next few days, according to Spaceweather.com.

Sunspots are temporary blemishes on the solar surface that are caused by intense magnetic activity. These structures sometimes erupt into flares and solar storms that blast streams of plasma and charged particles into space.

A different region on the sun also appears to be waking up, according to the Space Weather Prediction Center. "That active region will be Earth-facing for the next 11 days or so, possibly fueling additional eruptions from an otherwise quiet sun," experts said in an update.

Unlike many federal agencies, which are shuttered because of the government shutdown, the Space Weather Prediction Center operated by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration continues to post updates on space weather events because of their potential impact to astronauts and satellites in space, and infratructure on the ground. Strong solar flares also can supercharge the Earth's auroras, causing magnificent northern lights displays.

Astronomers closely monitor sunspots because they act as indicators of the sun's current status. Solar activity typically ebbs and flows on an 11-year cycle. The sun is currently in the midst of Solar Cycle 24, and scientists had predicted solar activity would ramp up this year toward the solar maximum. Until now, however, the sun has remained strangely calm.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2013, 02:50:47 pm »

RADIO-ACTIVE SUN: Radio amateurs, have you heard any strange roaring sounds coming from the loudspeakers of your shortwave radios this week? It might have been the sun. "The Sun has been generating Type III solar radio bursts and they appear to be intensifying," reports amateur radio astronomer Thomas Ashcraft of New Mexico. "The strongest burst so far came at 2155 UTC on October 9th." Here it is as recorded on two radios at 28 MHz and 21 MHz:

Ashcraft recommends listening to the audio using stereo headphones. "Type III bursts drift downward in frequency," he explains. "In stereo you can hear the burst pass through 28 MHz first on one speaker and then flow through 21 MHz on the other sound speaker."

Type III solar radio bursts are produced by electrons accelerated to high energies (1 to 100 keV) by solar flares. As the electrons stream outward from the sun, they excite plasma oscillations and radio waves in the sun's atmosphere. When these radio waves head in the direction of Earth, they make themselves heard in the loudspeakers of shortwave radios around the dayside of the planet.

More radio bursts could be in the offing. NOAA forecasters estimate a 30% chance of M-class flares and a 5% chance of X-class flares during the next 24 hours. Stay tuned! Solar flare alerts:text, voice.

listen at site: http://spaceweather.com/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2013, 03:01:47 pm »

"Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea further; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it." Ecclesiastes 8:17 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2013, 08:15:08 am »

CRACKLING SUNSPOT

Sunspot AR1865 is crackling with C- and M-class solar flares, at least one every few hours. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory captured the extreme UV flash from this M1-flare at 23:36 UT on Oct. 15th. Stronger flares could be in the offing.   

http://www.spaceweather.com/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2013, 11:04:15 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2013, 07:48:38 pm »

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/capitalcomment/local-news/meteor-burns-up-as-it-flies-over-washington-area.php
Meteor Burns Up as It Flies Over Washington Area

A fireball raced across the skies over the East Coast Monday night. NASA is currently shut down, but at least savvy amateur astronomers were on the case.

October 15, 2013

Stargazers around Washington got a bit of a show Monday evening when a fireball streaked over the East Coast, prompting dozens of eyewitness accounts from around the region. The meteor burned up in about 8:25 PM, giving a show to people from Virginia to as far away as Connecticut, according to reports collected by the American Meteor Society.

“Bright but small at head. Long trail. Seemed to wink out with small flash beyond Baltimore,” an observer from Gaithersburg wrote. Others said it appeared take on a greenish glow as it streaked across the night sky.

A Herndon resident wrote that the fireball seemed “quite close,” while a Fairfax spotter said it appeared to be headed in a “downward direction.” Mike Hankey of the American Meteor Society writes that a preliminary trajectory plot suggests the meteor entered the atmosphere over New Jersey and flew northeast, crossing the tip of Delaware and a corner of Maryland before finally burning out over Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.

Some on Twitter joked that a space rock flaming out over the Washington area was symbolic of the continuing shutdown.

But the combination of extraterrestrial bodies and a federal budget impasse is no joke. Perhaps the most unnerving moment of the shutdown came early on, when NASA suspended its Asteroid Watch Twitter account. At least amateur astronomers were on the case, if not the officials who are supposed to keep track of the estimated one million near-earth objects big enough to wipe out an entire city.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2013, 07:54:16 pm »

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nuevodiarioweb.com.ar%2Fnotas%2F2013%2F10%2F8%2Fextrana-bola-fuego-surco-cielo-venezuela-colombia-483288.asp
A strange fireball across the sky in Venezuela and Colombia

Hundreds of people were shocked and scared.  Social media were flooded with images about it. Gallery

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

VENEZUELA. - On Saturday, a strange phenomenon caused concern and scare people from the towns of San Cristobal, Tachira and Cucuta in Colombia, who reported a strange object in the sky.

Jesus Otero, director of the Venezuelan Society of Amateur Astronomers said in dialogue with " Report 21 "that it was a possible" Draconid meteor ", a fireball of magnitude -10, approximately, which was observed on Saturday October 5, between 06:30 and 07 night.  "Despite the fading light, was very striking," he said.

The incandescent material, which was yellow and left a small wake during its fall, "could be a Draconid meteor bearing the address" which is located at 250 degrees Az, argued the specialist.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2013, 08:01:58 pm »

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diariodepernambuco.com.br%2Fapp%2Fnoticia%2Fvida-urbana%2F2013%2F09%2F26%2Finterna_vidaurbana%2C464618%2Fsuposto-meteorito-cai-em-povoado-de-vicencia.shtml
Suspected meteorite crashes in town of Vicenza
9/26/13

A suspected meteorite crashed in town Rubber, Vicenza district, North Forest in Pernambuco, and is worrying farmers in the region.  The object had fallen from the sky on the evening of last Monday (23).  Although seem unlikely, since Wednesday (25), and until the 25th of November, happens a meteor shower, known as Oriônidas in space.  The phenomenon occurs when the Earth crosses the orbit of Halley's Comet, taken as the origin of rock fragment.  Rain records a typical rate 20-25 meteors per hour - which can be seen on a dark night and clear skies.  Inside, the resident who found the material not resist and kept the "burnt stone" of 1.2 pound home.

The information was confirmed late on Thursday (26) by the Mayor of Vicenza, Paulo Tadeu.  The manager said it only learned of the incident on Thursday, when he returned from a trip to Recife.  According to the Coordinator of Civil Defense of Pernambuco, the coordinator of Civil Defense City, Ernesto Francisco, going to the site on Friday (27) look for more information about the case.  The mayor said that also send a geologist to examine the material found.

The stone fell a few feet of a resident known as adeildo Joiner, who saved the fragment as a souvenir.  "I was working when I heard the bang. I was scared. Thought I looked to see if anyone had played, but had no one. Was a very big noise. Might have just fallen from the sky. Was still hot," he explained.  The tranquility of the joiner is not widespread.  Many residents are concerned about the danger that the mysterious stone can hold.  "Nobody knows if you have a risk of contamination. Might be something radioactive. Fell in the street and broke the pavement. Someone has to do something," blurted the farmer José Cavalcanti Lucena.

The Institute of Technology of Pernambuco is responsible for the analysis of materials supposedly fallen from heaven, but not yet activated.  The Federal University of Pernambuco also collaborates with the control through the Department of Nuclear Energy.

What are they?

Meteors are small celestial bodies moving in space and entering the Earth's atmosphere, burning partly or wholly due to friction with the atmosphere and contact with oxygen.  The phenomenon leaves a risk bright in the sky, popularly called shooting star.

Phenomenon

According to the National Observatory, meteor showers no risk to Earth and occur in almost every month, some with more intensity and wide visibility.  The apex of Oriônidas will be on 21 and 22 October, but the observation conditions are not favorable, because the Moon will be passing on the full phase waning.  The meteor shower comes from the constellation of Orion, near the star Betelgeuse - the brightest red star in the constellation.

Also according to the Observatory, it is meteor shower when the Earth crosses the orbit of a comet, which causes small fragments that celestial body leaves along its orbit to penetrate the Earth's atmosphere in a short time interval and trajectories almost parallel.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2013, 06:44:14 am »

Comet ISON possibly NOT RUBBISH after all - glows GREEN in latest pics

The highly anticipated Comet ISON, which earlier this month had been dubbed not "visually pleasing" by the NASA astroboffins who snapped it with the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, has had its portrait taken again as it wends its way towards its rendezvous with the Sun, and the result was far more impressive.

This new image was taken by astrophotographer Adam Block on October 8 using an SBIG STX-16803 camera with a hefty 36.8-by-36.8 millimeter CCD sensor that provides a 16.8 megapixel image, attached to the University of Arizona's 32-inch Schulman Telescope.

The image of ISON, which was discovered last by amateur Russian astronomers Artyom-Kislovodsk and Vitaly Nevsky using the International Scientific Optical Network’s (ISON) 0.4 metre reflector as it entered the outer solar system from the Oort Cloud, seems to indicate that the comet is still holding up quite nicely on its way to the Sun, and not breaking up as some had feared.

ISON will make its closest pass around ol' Sol on November 28 at 23:00 GMT, at which time it will be within 730,000 miles (1.2 million kilometers) of the solar surface – although saying exactly where the solar "surface" begins is a bit of an inexact science.

If it survives that close encounter of the toasty kind, ISON may become quite spectacular, possibly being easily visible to the naked eye before and after its whiplash around the Sun.

Or not. Comets are notoriously unpredictable beasts. The truth is, no one really knows how ISON will perform when it meets up with the sun – and anyone who says otherwise is either trying to pull the wool over your eyes or is simply wrong.

Your humble Reg reporter, however, having lived through such duds as Comet Kohoutek in 1973 and Comet Halley in 1986, and the decidedly less-disappointing Comet Hale-Bopp in 1997, would greatly enjoy a big ol' sky show in late November and early December.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/22/new_image_of_comet_ison_shows_marked_improvements/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2013, 10:08:42 am »

Major solar flare measuring X1.7 erupted from Region 1882

Following days of increased solar activity newly emerging Active Region 1882 erupted with major solar flare measuring X1.7 on October 25, 2013. The event started at 07:53, peaked at 08:01 and ended at 08:08 UTC. This region is not in geoeffective position but will be in the coming days. Potential impacts: area of impact consists of large portions of the sunlit side of Earth, strongest at the sub-solar point. Radio - Wide area blackout of HF (high frequency) radio communication for about an hour.   

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2013/10/25/strong-impulsive-solar-flare-measuring-x1-7-erupted-from-region-1882/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2013, 09:13:23 am »

Sun unleashed one of its strongest solar flares, sparking temporary radio blackout
 Increased activity has led to stronger solar flares coming from the sun since Wednesday

The strongest flare came early Friday morning, and caused a temporary radio blackout
 Flares glancing earth this weekend may cause further radio blackouts, as well as power grid and GPS issues

Solar flares this week knocked out radio transmissions and had the potential to disrupt satellite communications and possibly harm astronauts in orbit.

A series of solar flares starting Wednesday and lasting into at least Friday were similar in strength to ones that in the past caused radio blackouts at the north and south poles and caused problems with GPS satellites and power grids, according to NASA.

The strongest flare came early Friday morning, just after 4am, and was rated as an X1.7-solar event, according to NBC News. The flare erupted from a newly discovered sunspot cluster, Region 1882, and caused a momentary radio blackout, officials said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477179/Sun-unleashed-strongest-solar-flares-sparking-temporary-radio-blackout.html#ixzz2ipyrIgnH
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2013, 07:41:31 am »

ANOTHER X-FLARE

Earth-orbiting satellites detected an X1-class solar flare from sunspot AR1875 on Oct. 28th at 0203 UT. This is the 3rd X-flare since Oct. 25th, which means solar activity is still high. Stay tuned for more information about the latest eruption.   

Major X1.0 solar flare erupts with bright CME - glancing blow expected on October 31

Increased solar activity will continue this week. Beta-Gamma-Delta classified Active Region 1875 erupted with major solar flare reaching X1.0 at 02:03 UTC on Monday, October 28, 2013. A bright Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) is visible emerging from the Sun. This region is located on the west limb and the majority of material is heading away from Earth. However, it appears that the eastern flank of the expanding cloud may still be Earth directed and a glancing blow impact to our geomagnetic field will be possible within 72 hours.   

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2013/10/28/major-x1-0-solar-flare-erupts-with-bright-cme-glancing-blow-expected-on-october-31/
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:44:12 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2013, 08:19:54 am »

SPOOKY AURORAS
High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras on Halloween. A CME is expected to hit Earth's magnetic field on Oct. 31st, possibly sparking polar geomagnetic storms. In northern Norway, the show got started early... As Oct. 31st begins, indicators still suggest a CME is approaching Earth. NOAA forecasters expect a G1-class geomagnetic storm when it arrives.

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2013, 08:01:09 pm »

Not that we should fear - but nonetheless fireballs are being reported every day recently.

Fireball over the Netherlands

Fireball over Scotland

Fireball Wows Spectators In Colombia - Overhead Explosion Felt As "Small Earthquake"

United Nations Plan To Fight Asteroids With "Committee On The Peaceful Uses Of Outer Space"

http://theweek.com/article/index/251842/how-the-un-plans-to-defend-earth-from-asteroids
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: