End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 01:20:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

MSNBC Host: ‘I Thank God and Country…Abortion Was There to Save Me’

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MSNBC Host: ‘I Thank God and Country…Abortion Was There to Save Me’  (Read 450 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:26:55 am »

pure 100% evil, but then that is MSNBC

MSNBC Host: ‘I Thank God and Country…Abortion Was There to Save Me’

During MSNBC’s “The Cycle” on Friday, co-host Toure celebrated the 40th anniversary of the landmark Roe v. Wade decision to legalize abortion by telling the story of when he and an old girlfriend decided to have an abortion 15 years ago.

“In some ways that choice saved my life,” Toure said.

He said he was extremely thankful abortion was an option because wasn’t ready to be a dad and going through with the pregnancy would have just made “a mess of three lives” because she “wasn’t the one.”

“I thank God and country that when I fell into a bad situation, abortion was there to save me and keep me on a path toward building a strong family I have now. And I pray that safety net stays in place,” Toure said.

Being able to choose to have an abortion makes for a “stronger America,” he concluded.

Watch the clip via MSNBC below:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/25/msnbc-host-i-thank-god-and-countryabortion-was-there-to-save-me/?utm
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hannahj

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:18:45 pm »

the pregnancy would have just made “a mess of three lives” because she “wasn’t the one.”

I hate it when people say that. You know you had time to think about that before you had sex. Birth Control isnt 100% effective you know. My mom was on the pill when she got pregnant with me and look how that ended up.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 04:37:06 pm »

I don't recall ANY newscaster making comments nearly as evil as this when I was growing up as a kid in the 80's, nor for that matter in college in the 90's.

It's as if their conscience is seared with a hot iron in our present day.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 07:47:37 am »

Major Jewish Group Slams MSNBC Host Toure for Suggesting Holocaust Survivors Benefitted from ‘the Power of Whiteness’

A major Jewish organization dedicated to combating anti-Semitism and pursuing Nazi war criminals is criticizing MSNBC host Toure for suggesting that Jewish Holocaust survivors benefitted from being white.

Responding on Twitter over the weekend to another user who said their family survived a Nazi concentration camp during World War II and immigrated to the United States with “nothing,” yet still “made it work,” Toure wrote: “The power of whiteness.”

Dat's Racis' (.com) @hope_and_chains

@Toure My family survived a concentration camp, came to the US w/ nothing, LEGALLY, and made it work. #SORRYFORBEINGWHITETHOUGHYOUGUYS
Touré        ✔ @Toure
Follow

The power of whiteness: RT @hope_and_chains: My family survived a concentration camp, came to the US w/ nothing, LEGALLY, and made it work.
7:29 PM - 23 May 2014

“It’s obviously absurd and smacks of intense and disgusting anti-Semitism. It’s reverse-racism basically,” Efraim Zuroff, Israel office director of the Simon Wiesenthal Center told TheBlaze on Tuesday.

“There is no question that part of the anti-Semitism that we see has its roots in the form of jealousy. This is a perfect example: ‘Jews made it because they’re white and Jews,’” added Zuroff, who is considered a leading investigator of Nazi war criminals who perpetrated the murder of 6 million European Jews in the name of racial purity.

Toure’s comment drew a slew of scathing reactions on Twitter. Twitchy found these:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/27/major-jewish-group-slams-msnbc-host-toure-for-suggesting-holocaust-survivors-benefitted-from-the-power-of-whiteness/

Tom Rogan in a column for National Review Online wrote of Toure’s tweet, “In four words he trivialized mass murder,” and suggested the host make a visit to the Auschwitz concentration camp in Poland.

Earlier this month, the Twitter account for Ed Schultz’s MSNBC show tweeted then quickly deleted the comment, “Gay people were really the ones being persecuted in Hitler’s Germany.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/27/major-jewish-group-slams-msnbc-host-toure-for-suggesting-holocaust-survivors-benefitted-from-the-power-of-whiteness/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 01:20:56 pm »

This guy just spreads hate and racism with his "white privilege" comment

Rutgers Professor: Killing Spree Result of White Privilege
"Can I go ahead and scream yet? It's time for America to admit what it's long resisted: white male privilege kills."

alon.com contributing writer Brittney Cooper, who also teaches Women's and Gender Studies and Africana Studies at Rutgers University, has figured out what caused Elliot Rodger to go on his rampage: white privilege. Absent from the article is any acknowledgment that the shooter was half-Asian.

“Welp. Another young white guy has decided that his disillusionment with his life should become somebody else’s problem,” she begins. “How many times must troubled young white men engage in these terroristic acts that make public space unsafe for everyone before we admit that white male privilege kills?”

She then states,  “Black men are not rolling onto college campuses and into movie theaters on a regular basis to shoot large amounts of people. Usually, the young men who do that are white, male, heterosexual, and middle-class.”

Cooper offers an analysis of Rodger’s video and 140-page note and says that his behavior is definitively attributed to white privilege:

And make no mistake: from my standpoint as an arm chair therapist — having read transcripts of Rodger’s videos —  his anger is about his failure to be able to access all the markers of white male heterosexual middle class privilege. He goes on and on about his status as a virgin, his inability to find a date since middle school, his anger and resentment about being rejected by blonde, sorority women. In fact, he claims he will “slaughter every single spoiled, stuck-up, blond **** I see.” As Jessica Valenti so thoroughly demonstrates: “misogyny kills.” I am struck by the extent to which Rodger believed he was entitled to have what he deemed the prettiest girls, he was entitled to women’s bodies, and when society denied him these “entitlements” he thought it should become the public’s problem. He thought that his happiness was worth the slaughter of multiple people.

As noted by the Daily Caller, there are several examples that dispel Cooper's narrative that mass shootings are done exclusively by white men:

Aaron Alexis, who killed 12 in last year’s Navy Yard shootings in Washington, D.C., was black.

And the largest university campus mass murder in U.S. history was carried out by Seung-Hi Cho, who was Asian. He killed 32 at Virginia Tech University in 2007.

In 2004, Chai Vang, an immigrant from Laos, killed six hunters in the woods of Wisconsin.

Nidal Hasan, who murdered 13 at Fort Hood in 2009, was Palestinian.

Cooper then says that Rodger's grievances were a result of a “sense of heterosexual white male entitlement to a world that grants all one’s wishes, and this destructive murderous anger that attends the ostensible denial of these wishes, is at the emotional core of white supremacy."

Unsurprisingly, she proceeds to launch into an attack on society, claiming it is slanted toward white men and their sexual desires:

Elliot Rodger was a late bloomer, which while socially inconvenient and embarrassing, is neither uncommon nor a problem. But because we don’t have a fundamentally honest societal conversation happening about white male privilege, rooted as it is in sexism and racism, we can’t even observe one of the most basic truths here: what Rodger’s perceived as a denial was at the very worst a delay. Our society is fundamentally premised on making sure that straight, middle-class (upper class in Rodger’s case) white men have access to power, money, and women.

She attributes concerns with the Obama administration to the color of the president's skin:

In this regard, the rage at the core of Rodger’s horrific acts is not unlike the kind of middle class, heterosexual, white male rage that drives much of social policy in this country. In the era of Barack Obama, we have endured a mass temper tantrum from white men that includes a mind-boggling war on women, with an unprecedented rollback of the gains of the women’s rights movement, and an attempt to decimate whole communities of color, which are disproportionately poor, through school privatization, mass incarceration (which began long before the Obama era) and the gutting of the social safety net.

Cooper is quick to clarify that she is “not calling these guys mass murderers. Of that I want to be clear” but that we “cannot understand Elliot Rodger’s clear mental health issues and view of himself as the supremely forsaken victim here outside a context of racism, white supremacy, and patriarchy.”

“I’m also saying that white male privilege might be considered a mental health issue, because it allows these dudes to move through the world believing that their happiness, pleasure, and well-being, matters more than the death and suffering of others,” she wrote.

She then claims that the public does not sufficiently label the monsters who go on rampages:

Every few years, the American public has to watch in horror as some white kid goes on a rampage, killing everything from babies to old people. Yet, neither the press nor the law will understand such perpetrators as monsters or terrorists. Few will have a conversation about white male pathology and the ways that systems of whiteness and patriarchy continue to produce white men who think like this.

After observing that the tragedy could have been prevented, Cooper attributes the police department's inaction to the fact that Rodger was white:

Can I go ahead and scream yet? A black or brown man would have been violently hauled into a jail and locked up at the first sign of such machinations. His property rights would have been thoroughly violated, and no matter how “polite” and “courteous” he might have been with officers, no reports would have reflected such language.

These coded terms mean that these officers were incapable of seeing this clearly troubled young white man as a threat. How many mass killings must it take to recognize that white male entitlement is potentially deadly? How many Youtube videos must one post outlining an attempt to do harm before it is taken seriously?

As yet another community attempts to make sense of this tragedy, to put itself back together again after this needless, senseless path of destruction that Elliot Rodger has wrought, I’m reminded of something my dad says: “these are funerals we didn’t have to have.” But as long as America refuses to deal with its white male privilege problem we will continue to have them.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/rutgers-professor-killing-spree-result-white-privilege
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: