End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:44:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Rapture Mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rapture Mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls!  (Read 2408 times)
Aussie Micha

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2013, 09:59:55 pm »

Wow!!!

http://standeyo.com/News_Files/Inspire/Rapture.Darby.html

150BC - 70AD Rapture Mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls

"A Newly Discovered Dead Sea Scroll Has Revealed Who Will be Left Behind When the Rapture Comes a Leading Scholar Reports" from the journalist David Augustine. (Jack van Impe Ministries, June 16, 2005)

In this article Dr. William Harold, professor of Canon Law, at the Theological Seminary of Essex, GB wrote:

"Without doubt, this is the most important discovery in the history of Biblical archeology. The scroll, written in Aramaic, the language spoken in the Holy Land during Jesus time on earth, was found in a cave on the shores of the Dead Sea by geologists conducting a survey for the Israeli government."

The scrolls read:

"The Rapture will occur suddenly. And countless thousands will vanish from the earth. Swept up to heaven to live with Jesus and escape the torment of the Tribulation, the others will be left behind." — The Dead Sea Scrolls

Many others believed and taught this long before John Darby

95-150 AD, the Rapture idea was preached by the Shepherd of Hermas. 2

"You have escaped from great tribulation on account of your faith, and because you did not doubt in the presence of such a beast. Go, therefore, and tell the elect of the Lord His mighty deeds, and say to them that this beast is a type of the great tribulation that is coming. If then ye prepare yourselves, and repent with all your heart, and turn to the Lord, it will be possible for you to escape it, if your heart be pure and spotless, and ye spend the rest of the days of your life in serving the Lord blamelessly." (documented by Larry V. Crutchfield) 3

270-303 AD, Victorinus, the Bishop of Pettau, a Catholic ecclesiastical writer preached it.

Victorinus said he saw another great and wonderful sign in his commentary on Book of Revelation in AD 270:

"Seven angels having the last seven plagues, for in them is completed the indignation of God. And these shall be in the last times when the church shall have gone out of the midst."

No doubt about it, St. Victorinus proclaimed the pretrib Rapture. 4

306-373 AD Ephrem the Syrian. One of the most important evidences for rapture is an apocalyptic sermon from the 4th century titled “Sermon on the End of the World”. It is credited to Ephrem the Syrian, a Syriac deacon, theologian, and hymnographer of the 4th century who wrote many biblical commentaries. Some suggest it may not have been written until a later date of 565-627 A.D. The exact date doesn’t matter. Even if it were as late as the 7th century, it is still 1100 years prior to John Darby. Ephrem wrote:

“Why therefore do we not reject every care of earthly actions and prepare ourselves for the meeting of the Lord Christ, so that he may draw us from the confusion, which overwhelms all the world? Believe you me, dearest brother, because the coming (advent) of the Lord is nigh, believe you me, because the end of the world is at hand, believe me, because it is the very last time. Or do you not believe unless you see with your eyes? See to it that this sentence be not fulfilled among you of the prophet who declares: “Woe to those who desire to see the day of the Lord!” For all the saints and elect of God are gathered, prior to the tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins.” 5

400 AD, Jerome in the Latin vulgate (in the Catholic Bible) used the word rapimur which means "rapture", or "caught up" to describe the Rapture. Jerome is actually the man who first coined the term – Rapture. 6
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 01:58:16 am »

The scrolls read:

"The Rapture will occur suddenly. And countless thousands will vanish from the earth. Swept up to heaven to live with Jesus and escape the torment of the Tribulation, the others will be left behind." — The Dead Sea Scrolls

Shocked Amazing! but wait a second i already believed that from reading the KJV Bible! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 02:17:04 am »

Hmm, not sure about that. It's not what I get out of scripture. Whatever.

One thing on this though, be careful what you read. Notice that the second mention is from what I believe to be a gnostic writing, and the mentions after that are all Catholic sources, and the first starts off being a mention by van Impe ministries, who is now proven to be a Catholic shill. None of the sources are reliable. None.

And so if this is what it says, where are the fragments that state it? They have virtually all the major dead sea texts of the scrolls now online. Show us the actual text for others to read and decipher.

I still say "bunk", this is more lies.

Even the world knows when it says, "extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence".

Jesus says, "Beloved, believe not every spirit...".
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 03:59:30 am »

Hmm, not sure about that. It's not what I get out of scripture. Whatever.

One thing on this though, be careful what you read. Notice that the second mention is from what I believe to be a gnostic writing, and the mentions after that are all Catholic sources, and the first starts off being a mention by van Impe ministries, who is now proven to be a Catholic shill. None of the sources are reliable. None.

And so if this is what it says, where are the fragments that state it? They have virtually all the major dead sea texts of the scrolls now online. Show us the actual text for others to read and decipher.

I still say "bunk", this is more lies.

Even the world knows when it says, "extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence".

Jesus says, "Beloved, believe not every spirit...".

But Jesus also said, "but try the spirits whether they are of God".

The dead sea scrolls especially the ones from Qumran also contain a lot of the new testament, yet these portions never get discussed or talked about as they put the writing of the new testament into its proper timeline. But this one really deserves scrutiny, as the word rapture is Latin for the Greek word Harpazo. I dont know what the Aramaic word is but it wouldn't be rapture.

Shocked Amazing! but wait a second i already believed that from reading the KJV Bible! Grin

yep its in there, a couple of times.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 04:13:44 am »

well looking into this there are issues already. For one its from Stan Deyo, talking about a Jack Van Impe source. Probably not the best places to get accurate information.

Next there is no Theological Seminary of Essex. There is a Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary of Essex MARYLAND. But no Dr. William Harold, professor of Canon Law.

in fact i cannot confirm this at all. ill keep looking a bit more though later today
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 05:40:24 am »

They have virtually all the major dead sea texts of the scrolls now online.

AND THAT is the problem. THEY are the ones deciding what are to be shown and whats not. I have to find the post on PPF but i posted about this very issue and how it verified the dating of Ephesians before 50 ad. But that is not talked about or put on line as what has been reported is that there is no new testament books, which is a lie.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 02:57:19 am »

Where, or who says there is no New Testament books found among the Dead Sea Scrolls? Whoever says that is outright lying. And not for sure just yet, I'd have to look through the scrolls online site I posted a link to here, but I'm quite sure it's officially admitted NT books are among the scrolls, along with some OT books, some gnostic books, and some secular general misc. writings.

The word "rapture" is of Latin/Catholic origin.

And God willing, we can get this, uh, much debated topic called the "rapture" resolved once and for all, but I'm convinced it's just not as it's being presented by mainstream Churchianity, and I surely don't like the associations (with the RCC) with the concept, as it keeps pointing back to false prophets and doctrines, and "experts" that apparently don't even exist from places that never existed either. That is the kind of stuff always found around the rapture topic.

As for "they", "they" had the scrolls locked up for nearly 40 years, available only to the select researchers of the scrolls project. Now they are made available to the academic community, and allegedly now online, at least much of it. As I understand it, the scrolls are now available to the mainstream expert community and academia. Of course we don't know what they have not made available, or outright hidden from the public.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 04:25:49 am »

The only New Testament book THEY are willing t admit to is

Christian Origin Theory

Spanish Jesuit Josep O'Callaghan–Martínez has argued that one fragment (7Q5) preserves a portion of text from the New Testament Gospel of Mark 6:52–53.[33] In recent years, Robert Eisenman has advanced the theory that some scrolls describe the early Christian community. Eisenman also attempted to relate the career of James the Just and Paul the Apostle to some of these documents.[34]

Thats it.. Although i know they have found full books of the New Testament, they do not want to admit to it.

Here is a link to my original posts about this
http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,2343.0.html

Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 02:53:08 pm »

I hear ya! They are a crafty lot.

Something that keeps coming to mind for me about the so-called "Essenes" is how much they seem to resemble what I would expect the brethren of that time to do, to distance themselves from Caesar's world, and "touch not the unclean thing".

More and more, I am thinking those people were in reality not some outcast Jewish rebels practicing a weird version of Judaism, but that it was actually a Christian community set up to "preach the gospel" and to make copies of what text they had at the time. A kind of central location for supplies, scrolls, whatever the ministry needed, away from mainstream society. Remember that scripture describes the brethren as having "all things common". And what they have found that they call "ritual baths" they claim are part of the Judaic law of washing, is actually baptismal baths for immersion baptisms, or simply bathtubs for nothing more than bathing. Regardless, I really have pause in accepting what the most common descriptions of them are.

One clue I think that ties it together is here...

"Bring Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their journey diligently, that nothing be wanting unto them." Titus 3:13 (KJB)

"The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring [with thee], and the books, [but] especially the parchments." 2 Timothy 4:14 (KJB)

Now, it may be that they ended up referring to Zenas that way because he was a lawyer, or, it could be that the distinction was made because the ministry used lawyers and had a need for them, which would mean that the brethren weren't just a few outcasts running around yelling the sky is falling, but serious about their work and understood the law in relation to scripture and Caesar's world of law. Most of these people were converted Jews anyway, so they I think had a decent grasp on the concepts of law.

What's telling to me is the mention of, "...the books, but especially the parchments".

What books or parchments? To me, I believe, that part of those materials were Old Testament copies, and some New Testament writings/letters from fellow apostles and disciples of the ministry, and more importantly, accounts of Jesus when He was in the flesh, basically news about what He said and did, written down by people who followed Jesus around as those events took place, like news reports, to eventually be gathered together as a bible.

And I think many of those books and parchments used in the ministry may have been at least made into copies, if not originally written, there at Qumran by the so-called "Essenes".
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:55:05 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: